Malcolm Young 1953 – 2017

George, the brain. Angus, the heart. Malcolm was always the soul…

no words.

…”It is with deepest sorrow that we inform you of the death of Malcolm Young, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother. Malcolm passed away peacefully with his family by his bedside”…  [MORE]

This entry was posted in Heros, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

158 Responses to Malcolm Young 1953 – 2017

1. Right Mover says:

Sorry, but if Malcolm Young was accorded his own post in CTH after his passing, Tom Petty should have been accorded the same back in October. I well understand now how the death of a musician whose works one loved can actually have a profound effect on the average person.

2. wolfmoon1776 says:

Love how that video finishes off with the classic BLACK T-SHIRT.

Oh yeah. No wardrobe complete without one. 😉

• Fake Nametag says:

I also like the still image on the first video where he is wearing the KISW Seattle’s Best Rock T shirt. I had that same T shirt as a middle schooler in both black and white, and stayed up many a night listening to Metal Shop on KISW, anxiously waiting to press the record and play buttons on my boombox whenever something heavy came on.

The first album I ever bought was Back in Black, it is still one of my favorites, and my call sign on deployments to the sandbox is “Dirty Deeds”

RIP Malcolm

3. reverence1 says:

Good morning, I head this yesterday evening and thought, that it is really sad so many “young” and old people with neurological diseases. Ver sad for all and for this icon. So here a few quotes about german-born american leading doctor in this field:
    ” Through my research here and elsewhere, I’ve observed that the United States has one of the highest incidences of neurological disease in the world – if not the highest for certain diseases. This includes diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and Multiple Sclerosis. …
    that there are more neurotoxins such as aluminum and glyphosate in the air, food and water supply here in North America than elsewhere–which are causing neurodegenerative disease? Indeed, Dr. Klinghardt has found through testing that many of his patients have high levels of glyphosate and aluminum toxicity, and he believes that it is these toxins that weaken the immune system and create a favorable growth medium for Lyme disease microbes. If we didn’t have so many toxins in our bodies, the microbes would not flourish as readily.

Dr. Klinghardt says in New Paradigms in Lyme Disease Treatment, “In one experiment, my colleagues and I measured the heavy metal content of 120 of our patients’ blood using a procedure called “double membrane filtration apheresis” which is a new blood-washing procedure that is done in Japan and Germany and which is a method for separating blood components and/or toxins out of the blood. The results of that test showed that on average, our patients had 94 times more aluminum in their blood than any other toxin, including lead, cadmium, mercury or any other heavy metal or chemical. We also discovered that nanonized aluminum is the most abundant form of aluminum in the body,
    (I hope and pray, that this aluminium problem is solved by the new US administration, one way or another, even if it is just by cutting funds to unneccessary and harmfull programs)

• redridge45 says:

There are also holistic detox methods to rid the metals from the body. I hate fish, so my mercury is very low, much lower than what my Western/Eastern practitioner was used to seeing in his patients. All my metals are low, but California was not as populated when I was a kid so that could have helped.

4. Fake Nametag says:

5. Shimei says:

Matthew 7:13 (NLT)
    “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.

I hope he, and every soul that sang along to “Highway to Hell”, got off that highway and turned onto the narrow path of Jesus. Otherwise, there will be no resting in peace.

John 14:6 (NLT)
    Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

6. i’ve always liked AC/DC…got about 25-30 of their tracks in rotation on my gym playlist.

7. bluegirl says:

RIP Malcolm………….every song holds a memory!!!

8. saywhat64 says:

This is the song that led the charge of the Trump Train in the last few weeks of the 2016 election !
    RIP Malcolm..

9. Pharnham says:

I guess there’s no accounting for taste.

10. Lisa says:

Go Vegan. It’s what we are eating. It’s killing us. Everyone recovering (including myself) has given up the meat, dairy, and eggs. Everyone I know dying or dead, still clings to it. Take control of your health and go plant-based. It will save you and your loved ones.

• Deb says:

I live in the land of dairy farmers, and my father in law is a cattle rancher. I don’t begrudge you for choosing a vegan lifestyle, but there is nothing wrong with responsibly raising and consuming animals to provide nutrition. It’s as natural and healthy as can be. Factory farming is the problem, not animal products in general.

• Lisa says:

Dairy is the most cruel industry and that’s to both humans and the mother cows and calves. Have you ever understood what it takes to give us humans the milk from a cow? I did not until I found out how sick it was making me. So I investigated. A male cow has to have SEMEN forcibly pumped out of his penis. The female cow is then RAPED every year for the 5-6 years she lives because then she will be sent to slaughter. Can you possibly imagine being pregnant EVERY SINGLE year for 5-6 years???? But that’s not bad enough because then she has her baby ripped away from her as soon as it’s born. Can you imagine that pain and anguish? She cries for days mourning the loss of her baby. She is immediately hooked up to a painful milking machine twice a day that sucks all her breastmilk intended for her calf. If her calf is a girl it has to go live in a pen on GMO/soy man-made formula so us humans can have what breastmilk she should have been getting. She has no mommy to love her. She is ISOLATED in a pen. Can you imagine a human baby like this? As she slowly matures she will be forcibly RAPED as her mom was. If the calf is a boy he is bludgeoned to death or has his throat slit and he’s cut up into pieces and we call that the veal industry. So when Veal Parmigiana is served he is topped with the cheese from his mother’s breastmilk. Cattle ranching is almost as cruel as dairy and it is destroying our beautiful Mother Earth as well. We are not supposed to know these things because if we did then the entire BIG AGRA (and small grass-fed/organic AGRA) would crumble. But it’s too late. The truth is getting out. Some of us folks who have embraced the truth are saving our own health along with our families. Those who do not are doomed to play with their looming chances of acquiring the results of eating the way we have…. I choose life. I choose knowledge. Watch Forks Over Knives, What the Health on Netflix and go to http://www.nutritionfacts.org

Peace and many blessings to you.

• There is a book out called “eating for your body type”. Some people should never eat meat. Some people do need a diet rich in red meat. It is advisable to get your blood and body type tested. There are also some diseases out there that are improved by certain eating habits.

• Lisa says:

No one should eat meat. There are so many medical studies even if you can not comprehend that we are a tropical species, have very long GI tracks (not suitable for quick carnivore digestion), need juicy fruit and fiber to move our foods through, are not baby cows (so stop with the breastmilk from cows), do not get hungry at the site of bloody animal flesh, stop to save animals in the road, and choke on primarily meat because we are not intended to chew like a carnivore. You can cherry pick so many people, books, and docs who will tell you anything you want so that you can continue to eat how you grew up. I saw those docs for 7 years. If anyone feels better it’s symptom suppression and the same issues you have will just be going on and getting worse inside your body. For medical studies check out http://www.nutritionfacts.org and Forks Over Knives and What the Health on Netflix. To heal yourself you can also use Dr. Morse who runs a channel on YouTube. Godspeed and many blessings.

11. daughnworks247 says:

The day the music died…. again.

12. Hope he didn’t go down the highway to hell he sang about.

13. JimWVa says:

Thanks for the video clip on the story of the Young family’s move from Scotland to Australia. Not much of an AC/DC follower in the day. Your post on Thunderstruck and the Malcolm Young tribute will have me listening now