Election Night in Virginia, New Jersey, and New York…

Tonight there are 2017 elections in Virginia, New Jersey and New York.  The contests, particularly in Virginia, are being closely watched by political followers in an effort to determine the current tone and electoral sentiment for the current state of U.S. politics.

Virginia voters are choosing the Governor, Lt. Gov. and Attorney General.  New Jersey voters are picking the Governor; and New York City voters are picking the Mayor.

The Virginia Governors race between Ed Gillespie (Republican) and Ralph Northam (Democorat) will be the most watched race of the evening.

Ed Gillespie (Republican, left) and Ralph Northam (Democorat, right)

UPDATE: Democrat Candidate Ralph Northam wins the Virginia Governors race 52.6% to 46.2% and in New Jersey Democrat Candidate Phillip Murphy winds 55% to 42%.

Perhaps the GOPe will finally stop running Gillespie for offic… wait, wut,… nah, never happen.  Bright side: Mrs Dana “Bush” Perino, heartbroken… sad trombone.

Initially the media narrative for the Virginia Governors race was to sell a five point blowout for the Democrat, Ralph Northam.  However, recent polls showed a much closer race than media were selling.

♦ New York Times – Election Headquarters LINK HERE

♦ CNN 2017 – Election Results LINK HERE

♦ Fox News – 2017 Election Results LINK HERE

This entry was posted in Election 2017, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

818 Responses to Election Night in Virginia, New Jersey, and New York…

1. Convert says:

2018 election night will be like this nationwide if Republicans don’t accomplish something that will get Republicans out to vote like never before. They have got to get people to register and vote!! Especially men. The media is effectively hiding the good news and propagandizing 24-7 and it’s working. Most people never see Trump’s tweets or hear that daily press briefing. I don’t know–I’m really dispirited by how effectively the Dems are uniting and channeling their hatred of us.

• JimmyJack says:

Yes it will be. All the “don’t worry about this Trump’s got this” here is just not true. I hope to God people wake up to this. I love Trump, love love love him. But we have got to act locally to support him and it’s going to take a lot going into 2018.

If the do nothing Republicans in Congress don’t get something accomplished, no one will get out to vote for Republicans period.

Their hatred of us is in every boastful tweet and social media post I’m seeing. Notice the next thing I post Convert.

• Kaco says:

Yes, the “Trump’s got this” is just a little too complacent. I do not rest easy. Pres Trump can’t go it alone, he needs Republicans, and better a RINO instead of a Dem if that’s the only choice after a primary. My only consolation on tonight’s losses is that they are typically blue states. But I don’t know how Christie got in there, the Dem before must have been really bad. Virginia was almost a swing state for Trump so that is disconcerting as well.

• mailmannz says:

Im going to disagree, a RINO is worse than a Democrat in every way possible!! There is absolutely NO value in voting in a RINO because they will always screw you over when it comes to the tough votes!! They ALWAYS side with democrats!!

• Kaco says:

So you’re saying just get it over with and vote Democrat?

The hope for a RINO is pressure to reform.

• Kaco says:

Oh, and don’t you know how dangerous it is to vote for a Dem this time? Watch MAGA fail even worse, more coddling or protecting illegal aliens, more refugees, more transgender marxist nonsense, more tearing down historical statues or rewriting history, more racist identity politcs, more government healthcare, even the possibility of impeachment of our President. Bad advice to vote Dem.

• Smarty says:

a lot of ppl in Virginia voted for Northam out of spite, I am seeing this written in facebook threads and word of mouth passed on to friends. I sucked up and voted for the turd, but many refused to vote for a Bush era amnesty loving lobbyist. Can you blame them? I could never vote for a dem but……
              I really think 2018 is going to be a real problem and scary time as republican voters are not going to vote for these jerks again. I see a 2nd tea party movement possibly rising up in next few months. I was a part of the tea party that sent a majority of repubs to D.C. in 2010 and 2014, only to see them turn on us and do nothing. Trump was the logical next step. Republicans just refuse to change their ways, it is swamp juice (money and power) that they want to continue forever. Will have to see what happens.

• Vincent cuomo says:

The Trump supporters need to take over the Republican party and primary and vote out the Never Trumpers and turn out in 2018 like it was 2016; this is a two step process; we got Trump in and now we need to make the GOP the MAGA party.

• Smarty says:

it is very difficult to take over a political party. I say this as a once active member of the tea party in Va. They are very dirty, awful ppl and shut out even our best most savvy political ppl from conventions with dirty tricks.

• mailmannz says:

Jesus, relax people! This was a State that voted for Hillary with an incumbent Democrat Governor. The only real surprise here is how Northam made this closer than it needed to be with some mindless messaging leading up to voting day!

In the end the State voted the way its always voted.

I see nothing here to be dispirited about

• Do not misuse the name of the LORD your God, because the LORD will not leave anyone unpunished who misuses His name.
        Ex 20:7

Respectfully, I’m not trying to be a smart alec here, but the name of Jesus is sacred, and precious to me- to all of the redeemed. His Name is not a byword, and it hurts to hear it flopped about like a common snarl.

“So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven” Matt 10:12

• fuzzi says:

massivedeplorable, thank you. I hate seeing my Lord’s name used like an Anglo-Saxon derivative.

• Big Jake says:

Nonsense. Half the people in your congregation do it daily and you say not a word.

Misusing Jesus’ name is, “Jesus told me to divorce my spouse.”

You can say God, Jesus, or Lord out loud all you wish. There is no sin in that. Ascribing God’s approval to justify evil/sin is what using His name in vain means. Jesus…. SMH.

• MaineCoon says:

Saying God’s or Jesus’s name in any manner OTHER than a manner which glorifies them IS the misuse of the name and dishonors then. You lack wisdom, which only comes from God. Pick a version you can understand for Ex. 20:7.

“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.” Ex. 20:7 (NIV)

“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not [d]leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.” Ex 20:7 (NASD)

Your Biblical teaching is false. Maybe you should study the New Testament to see what God teaches reading false teachers of his Word. Do you have a Bible verse to support your teaching?

“I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and [a]from the holy city, which are written in this book.” Rev 2:18-19

In addition Christians are to CORRECT false teaching/teachers.

Consider yourself corrected by me and others. Stop the false teaching.

• Big Jake says:

Misusing Jesus’ name is, “Jesus told me to divorce my spouse.”

• marcyo13 says:

“You can fool some of the people all the time…” NJ, VA, NH, WA. I used to live in NJ, a debt zombie state. I have a friend who also used to live there and their house has been on the market for 10 years for less than they paid. They now live in Montana, but still can’t sell the NJ house. Why? Nobody’s moving to NJ. Check out the Uhaul rentals. Seattle WA has a prominent statue of Lenin. Practically everyone in VA derives their livelihood from the Feds. NH ? The people you can’t fool have already left those states for greener pastures. Good, all the jerks gathered together in those states making each other miserable. LOL

• theduchessofkitty says:

“Practically everyone in VA derives their livelihood from the Feds.”

Thus, the Bureaucrats need to keep their dough coming. Thus, VA is gone.

I lived there for three years. The Federal government dominates NOVA, Fredericksburg, and Hampton Roads. They depend upon that dough, and the lobbying, and the Federal contractors. Practically every major town depends upon the Federal dough for a living.

VA is Southwest Swamp. MD is Northeast Swamp. DC is the Swamp’s Capital. If the GOP wants to see their fortunes improve, they would join with Trump and Drain the Swamp – and well drained.

• Smarty says:

really have you looked at a map? We are a sea of red being controlled by northern virginia.

• Teah Lee says:

Why, why why do you think the Republicans are going to put up good candidates? They won’t. We’ve got to change our mindset people. WE have to FORCE the change. How do we do that? WE find the candidates, get behind them, call them and ask “How can I help?”, support them with Get Out the Vote drives, door knock for them, whatever they need you to do. There are good non-establishment people running all over this country. They need our help. They are not getting any support from the GOP. How do I know this? My husband is running for US Senate in PA. What a learning experience this has been. We have to go around the establishment just like Trump did.
      Use TheGreenPapers.com as a resource. It lists all the candidates for all major campaigns with links to their websites. Do your homework. Find out where they will speak and go listen. If you like what you hear, volunteer to help them. WE have to push this, starting NOW. 2018 primaries will be here before you know it. Put some effort into it.

• Gadsen says:

You are so right Teah, WE have to do our part NOW. This is OUR government and we need to clean-out the inept employees ( ie. Congress ) . It will make the others sit up and pay attention. Thanks for the info on “thegreenpapers.com”. An excellent resource.

• lady4trump says:

Gillespie is a RINO who didn’t want President Trump’s endorsement. Frankly, I’m not sorry he lost. He’d just be another RINO in office.

• RG says:

I am convinced that the real reason for the “sorry and disapointemtn” expressed by the liberals is to cause confusion in the minds of those who were on the line and voted for Trump. News Flash: Our life is better under Trump but the MSM would never want anyone to now that. Just today, my 82 years mother-in-law is stuck on Trump and his Twitter message….he needs to quit. Well, I asked her why? The why is because the liberals dont’ like it. OMG, if we dont’ start standing up for Trump, we will wonder what happened to him in 2020. Tell me and sow me a great president over the past 34 year….show and tell me now.

2. JimmyJack says:

The Dem left is moving aggressively to use racial politics to get out the vote and are working off the false meme about Trump being a racist (bigot, sexist, anti gay etc etc).

As I said above, look to local elections for the Soros effort bc that is specifically how they are spending their money and resources. NC is a good example. And what are they boasting about in Charlotte tonight? Electing the first black mayor. Dem of course. They’d never celebrate a black conservative being elected.

The GA losses are a wake up call.

• JimmyJack, please allow this Georgian to weigh in here. And let me put this as gently as I can.

Have you ever been to Statesboro, GA or Milledgeville, GA? Uummm …. let’s put it this way. Would you be surprised to hear that the mayor of the City of Atlanta or of Detroit was “African-American” due to demographics? I can only refer you to mailmannz’s post above.

3. JimmyJack says:

4. JimmyJack says:

McMullin on the VA win.

• JimmyJack says:

Our own party is painting us as bigots and racists.

• Alligator Gar says:

OK, I’ll bite. Why is it fine for La Raza (THE RACE), the New Black Panther Party (I think they advocate for the South to be renamed Ephraim and given to Blacks–at least this was the idea in the 1960s and the idea behind NATIONTIME in the 1980s), and the Muslim invaders of whatever stripe (who want a Caliphate) to all want slices of (or all of) OUR country? And these racist and supremacist groups openly are not derided as “brown nationalists”, “black nationalists”, or “Muslim supremacists”? Why? They are.

In my opinion, “McMuffin” and those like him are self-hating whites trying to pander to people who openly call for and want them and their families DEAD. We need to DEMAND equal treatment of ALL racist and supremacist groups. ALL OF THEM.

• dayallaxeded says:

essence of cuck. same as essence of skunk.

5. JimmyJack says:

FWIW

6. JimmyJack says:

Thank God we have Trump’s wonderful tour to distract us and focus on critical international issues.

7. trumpfan1 says:

Again I want to mention this. Mitch and paul ryan, either you wake up or go to hell.

8. Cheryl says:

I served under President Ronald Regan, and was proud of him while I was stationed in Germany. President Trump reminds me of Ronald Regan. I feel the same pride tonight as I did when Ronald Regan addressed the similar circumstances. It feels good..again.

9. Kaco says:

So did Republicans win anything or is the “resistance” gaining ground?

• Kaiser Roll says:

The Communists have plenty to celebrate about on the 100th Anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution.

A fire needs lit under the GOP’s rear end.

• quintrillion says:

Agree the Demoncrats are fighting mad and organized and will never give up.
        Where I live the voters just passed a huge property tax increase to raise funding per pupil because of declining enrollment.
        We’ve been put in school bonding hell by the Demons of more money, more taxes.

• betseyross says:

You aren’t the only one. It is happening all over. I do not live in a Democrat area of VA and our local Republican Committee did nothing to support the state ticket or the locals that were running. One Republican won because he was unopposed. One lost because he didn’t bother to campaign. The Dem teachers elected one of their own because the Republican decided he didn’t need to work for it.

• trad55 says:

They are fighting mad. In south Alabama all I see are democrats united and organized. Roy Moore is a terrible choice for us but at least he is a zero sum prospect because he won’t vote for either side unless it matches his ideology exactly. Voting for a democrat loses us a Senate seat. I am seriously considering starting a ‘I’m holding my nose and voting for Roy Moore’ movement.

• lady4trump says:

A common occurrence….people who don’t PAY property taxes vote to increase property taxes in order to school THEIR kids! It’s just not right.

• mailmannz says:

Gaining ground?? Jesus, keep some perspective people!

They won ONE election in a State already tightly controlled by them while losing 8 other senate races BUT suddenly this is the one thats supposed to mean something??

• ray76 says:

Exactly. Meanwhile the Democrats claim a “blue wave” and bellow “we’re back”. They make fools of themselves.

• fuzzi says:

mailmannz, there are many Christians on this site who might be upset with your use of their Lord’s name as an expletive. Could you find another word to use as an exclamation?

• Big Jake says:

It’s not an expletive.

He can say it all he wishes. I’m much more offended by the false gospel snowflake act that has no idea what “in vain” actually means. Good Lord. SMH.

• Kaco says:

Even if it’s true it is what you claim, common sense should tell you to not use our Lord’s name as a swear word! I’ve been guilty at times, but I feel bad and try to ask for forgiveness for it. Why do you think so many euphemisms were made up so people can “swear” and not say the Lord’s name? Geez, Jiminy Crickets, gee whiz, gosh, gabnabbit, daggone, I could go on and on.

• emroled says:

That might not help, either. I’ve met plenty of people who think those euphemisms are just as bad, because you’re really thinking of saying “Jesus” but replacing it with something else. If someone wants to write “Jesus” in that way, that’s his right, and if someone takes offense, that’s their right. Bottom line, though, is that someone’s going to find fault, no matter what.

• distracted2 says:

I don’t think the Democrats or “the resistance” gained anything. Neither of those states were going to go for a Republican. And in Virginia, especially not that Republican who is as establishment as you can get.

People don’t want establishment candidates. Period. If there’s anything to be learned here, it is get on board with President Trump or you’re fired.

Laura Ingraham got it right last night when she said that Gillespie had one foot in and one foot out in his support of the president. People saw through it. The democrats didn’t “win” anything.

• distracted2 says:

Also, in New Jersey, the election of a democrat was a referendum on Chris Christie, definitely not on President Trump or the Republicans.

I also have to say that even if every Trump supporter voted for Gillespie in VA, he still had very little chance of winning because of deep blue of Northern Virginia. The same happens here in California. There are still large areas of red here but we can’t compete with the large metropolitan areas that are deep blue.

• Padric says:

Yep, same here in NY. Most of the state is red, but will forever get out voted by the deep, deep blue of NYC.

• betseyross says:

I lived in NY for a while a very long time ago. The City obliterated any vote for the rest of the state. I didn’t realize it at the time, but my area was quite Conservative.

• Kaco says:

Yeah, I can see that, and that is what I’m doing to try to comfort myself. It’s just Democrats are absolutely abhorrent to me now, everything they stand for, the communist/socialist/marxist/collectivist policies. It is troubling if people are actually for those things and vote Dem or think it’s a good thing.

RINOs get my blood boiling something fierce, the feelings of betrayal are extreme, but Dems and their agenda scare the living crap out of me worse.

• betseyross says:

In VA the reason Gillespie lost is because he is and always has been Establishment. It turns out that tand he RPV is also Establishment. The primary was the battleground and Corey Stewart almost won. He is not Establishment. The Establishment here in VA is lazy and entitled. Unfortunately that includes most Republican Committee in every county. We haven’t always been a blue state. Once George Allen lost his second bid for the Senate it has been down hill ever since. The mask was off and we began to see just how many RINOs we had. George Bush was getting hammered in the press hourly and he never fought back. How dispiriting for Republicans everywhere.

We do have some fighters left in the Party, but they are few and far between. A couple of them lost yesterday. One was a crusher. Bob Marshall lost to a trendy transgender person who had tons of money and overwhelmed the district. Others lost because they probably didn’t see it coming and didn’t fight hard enough. Every election is a battle and Republicans seem to think that they are entitled to the seat. The political swamp needs to be drained on every level. But how many people want to run for office these days when both parties seem to have only one goal and that is power and to serve themselves rather than their constituents?

• teethva says:

Was listening to WMAL this morning. During the news section of the Chris Plante broadcast, a “big wig” in the VA GOPe (was not paying attention to the name until I heard him say) that Gillespie lost because of the disapproval of Trump in VA! I almost choked! If this is the head of the VA GOP, he has to go!!!!!!

• Wink says:

No, the GOPe lost, yet like dogs returning to eat their own vomit, they will never learn. (sorry about the gross statement, but frankly, it pretty much sums it up) On the plus side, the Democrats are now going to go full blown “identity and socialist” platform which will only keep the blue states, blue. We need to focus on the Rust Belt that President Trump won last year. Bring industry back to these states and they will continue to be Red. However, the Democrats are running on vapors right now. Their finances are drying up. With the Saudi Arabia money being cut off to the establishment groups, they will begin to feel the squeeze.

10. Kaiser Roll says:

More common sense than the entire GOP Congress

11. Esperanza says:

So, Virginia GOPe put out a Bushie the same one they always do, and they got the same result they always do. This surprising how?

12. ladypenquin says:

Obviously, Gillespie was a disastrous candidate. He pulled down ALL races. Gillespie got less votes than the Lt. Gov and Attorney General Republican candidates:

Gillespie– 1,172,533 (Northam – 1,405,097)
    Vogel– 1,222,503 (Fairfax – 1,361,316)
    Adams– 1,210,398 (Herring 1,379,162)

We lost two state house seats in my area, including my District 85. In other districts, just a couple of hundred votes look like they were the difference in losses. Don’t know whether we’ve lost the House of Delegates. But from scanning the outcomes, we took quite a hit. I also noticed that while we had several unopposed GOP races, there are more Dem unopposed races in the state – places where we’re not even competing. Carved out Dem districts…

Cause? I don’t know. The Dems will be crowing for weeks now. It doesn’t bode well for the GOP in 2018, as the Establishment is sabotaging the party themselves. Guess wandering in the wilderness for another 100 years is their plan.

1) GOP base stayed home – disgusted with the Establishment GOP? Trump voters aren’t interested in aiding the do-nothing GOP.
    2) Gillespie and GOP underperformed in areas where Trump did well.
    3) Establishment GOP will continue to cause disaster for the party.

It appears that fascist socialism is going to be the new norm in America.

• trumpsbamagirl says:

I’m in district 85, too and I was flooded with Turpin flyers, phone calls, even text messages! I got nothing from Holcomb. Even so, I am sick to my stomach and told my husband that it may be time to move. This area was once solid red– but we seem to have an influx of Muslims. There are several girls in hijabs at the middle school where I teach and recently I’ve seen muslim women at every visit to the grocery store, wal-mart, etc.

13. Jeff says:

A facebook map meme showed the #1 thing each state is know for . Virginia showed PRIVATE SECTOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS in that meme .

Purple VA now goes solid BLUE because of Northern Virginia . NOW up to 8 of the richest 10 counties in America surround DC . The place where TRILLIONS of fiat dollars emanate from UNIPARTY alliances in the game of SURVIVOR AMERICAN ISLAND .

The GOPe and much of the #NeverTrump republican hierarchy only care about their place in the FLEECING of the SHEEP pecking order .

The SHEEP fear the WOLF as much as the SHEEP DOG . The WOLVES have figured out how to wear SHEEP CLOTHING and point at the SHEEP DOG as the evil ones .

Good ” GUBBIMENT ” jobs including private sector government contractors are the staple voting block in MD and N VA .

14. Kelly MacKay says:

I like the Victorian era dress pic. Hahaha

15. Rosie says:

Trump lost VA in the general too, so nothing is really different. It’s not as though Trump “lost ground” if he never had it. Meanwhile, the GOP continues to run establishment candidates even though they know approval ratings are in the single digits. In their bubble, they still think they’re on the top of the world. They haven’t noticed the new Republican Party growing by leaps and bounds around them.

I don’t listen to Rush very often but a few weeks ago I was in the car and tuned in. A conservative caller from VA complained that he had no good choices in the VA governor race and would like stay home — that there was no way he would pull the lever for an establishment, anti-Trump candidate.

As for NJ (I live here) I can tell you there was NO WAY a republican would win again after 8 years of a republican governor, no matter who that was. NJ’s republican governors are few and far between, and none of them are ever conservative. The only reason why Christie got in was because Corzine was so unbelievably corrupt. I personally think another Corzine was just elected. Just a few more years and we’ll be leaving this state for good. I have a feeling we are not alone.

16. imalulu says:

We had a WONDERFUL election night here in my small Ohio city:we voted EVERY sitting Democrat OUT!!! From the corrupt City Treasurer to the feckless City Council…every sitting Dem. that was challenged is GONE,with the Repubs. who beat them very solid,young,Conservatives. Why does this matter? It starts local. The Va..NJ.,New York City,nor Maine races mean squat…they are ALL Blue States that Pres. Trump lost.Did anyone in their right minds think “Fred Flintstone’s” Lt. Gov.would really win in NJ.??? Does Ed-Bush-Era Gillespie really help Pres. Trump in anyway? I am sure he didn’t even vote for him last year!

17. Brett says:

As usual, inner city blacks and elitists outnumber the rest of the state. I am heartbroken that my former state went to another communist.

18. 4sure says:

Ed Gillespie is a DC swamp critter. Glad he lost. Hope all RINOs like him lose. I will no longer ever vote for one of them. NEVER. Been down that road for 50 yrs. Not one more vote from me. Look at the sorry Bushes I had to hold my nose and vote into the WH. NEVER AGAIN.

• yy4u says:

We have reached a similar conclusion 4sure. I voted for Gillespie against my better judgement. I had intended to write in Corey Stewart’s name as a protest against the GOP establishment. Northam being such a slime ball changed my mind.

I write a blog. It was published today. Here is the last paragraph.

With Northam as governor, the Confederate statues on Monument Avenue probably are on the chopping block along with the Confederate statues at the Virginia Military Institute where Governor-elect Northam went to college. If the Antifa crowd finds out the White House of the Confederacy still stands in Richmond, they’ll want that gone, too. After all, History is too important not to be erased. In addition, the voters who delivered the governorship to Dr. Northam will want Virginia to become a sanctuary state. But given our experience with Republicans in Congress, it’s unlikely that an establishment Republican like Gillespie would have governed any differently.

• Susan in VA says:

Well, as a 30-year resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia I would have preferred Corey Stewart if he had won the Republican primary. However, he lost and we were left with either Ed Gillespie or Northam. It is as simple as that. I’m not fan of RINOs, and certainly not Gillespie, however a Republican regardless of how liberal and establishment he may be is better than a total amoral leftist Democrat as governor. So, for those who sat on their hands yesterday and refused to vote for Gillespie, don’t moan and groan because you helped to elect the more unpalatable of the candidates.

• MAGAbear says:

Well said!

If someone’s only political goal is to keep the left from the reigns of power at any and all levels, they will have done a good deed.

19. Mia C says:

I cannot believe Virginia is a blue state. Horrible.

20. Mia C says:

Please join me in donating to the Trump campaign so this horror show doesn’t repeat in 2018.

21. Padric says:

As someone who is an avid political junkie and a deep spelunker of polling numbers just for fun, here’s my take on what happened last night. This and $2 will get you a cup of coffee, as my dad used to say.

Short version: With the exception of some of the state legislature seats, nothing unexpected happened last night. That said, there is reason for concern. I emphasize: concern, not despair.

Longer version: There were a lot of factors last night. First and foremost, NJ and VA are blue states and that makes it an uphill fight to begin with. Yes, they both occasionally go red but they are blue states at this point.

Second, the 2010 and 2014 congressional elections showed us one thing: If Obama wasn’t on the ballot, Democrats weren’t going to win. The same seem to have held true here and that’s the part that we need to be concerned about.

We haven’t won anything yet. We’ve put a major piece in position, the biggest piece in the biggest position, but we still have work to do. It isn’t enough, obviously, to just support GOP candidates. They need to be Trump candidates, people who openly, loudly and proudly proclaim that they will support the Trump agenda.

Third, regarding the Senate: Don’t expect those candidates from the uber close swing states: NC, FL, CO, AZ and NV. If we get them in those places, great! Lets give them our full throated support. Otherwise, they must be candidates from the deep red states. Why? Because the political realities of swing states are such that the Dems will paint the candidate in the worst light and do the most damage. Unless that candidate has the media savvy of president Trump (doubtful) they will pay a price and lose.

The House? Now there’s where we can make big noise. Because of districts are what they are, these are not statewide races. In deep red states, Dems are becoming extinct as far as federal level elections go. If we want to have a chance to change the Senate to one that will support Trump, we have to make our big move in 2020. There will be 22 GOP seats up then, including the turtle McConnell’s. But it begins with swarming the House with Trump loyalists in 2018.

We stand on the threshold of a unique opportunity that only occurs once every hundred years. We have the opportunity to turn the course of history away from the globalist, elites who simply care only for themselves and their lobbyist money men who, like the character of Wormwood in CS Lewis’ “The Screwtape Letters”, seek only to corrupt those that they can. But Wormwood ultimately failed because “the patient”, the man he was sent to tempt, fell in love with someone who lead him toward a Christian lifestyle and away from damnation.

We love this country. It is our job to deliver it from the K Street Wormwood’s of the world and back into the light of the American Dream in which all can pursue happiness in our lives by protecting our liberty. It is a Dream that was promised us by our forefathers and which we as Americans have the solemn duty to ensure that it can be passed on to our children and our children’s children.

Say and think what you wish of this president, but never doubt his love of this country. In order to see that love made into real change, we must provide him with the resources. It is fitting that our president comes from the real estate development world. He can design and plan all he wants but without a crew, nothing gets done, nothing is built. He understand this. We should too because the crew he inherited are not working, not by any stretch.

Well, I for one say this: Lets bring in a new crew and lets get building.

22. czarowniczy says:

This is just what some of us predicted, oh….just a year ago, it’s the Republicans doing what they do best, pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Thing is this time it ma be Ragnarok as the Democrats will make sure the conservative, Christian, nationalist America First movement id dead, buried and cemented over.
    These Rats ain’tcha daddies’ Rats, they know the way to move their agenda forward is to not only create a huge, dependent base but kill the other side, both literally figuratively. If last night proves to be a harbinger of next November prepare to eat a huge crap sandwich with a side of Kool Aid. The Rats endless drumbeat of anti-Trump attacks, baseless or not, is having its toll.

23. MAGAbear says:

Some (and I emphasis some) good news from my state of PA: we won the state supreme court race with a fairly conservative justice! The demoncrats did do a good job of targeting row office races in the suburban counties around Philly, GOP clearly was expecting a standard off year election but got caught off guard. PA is changing in its electorate, what used to be rural blue collar democrat areas are now conservative Trump voters and what used to be the country club republican areas surrounding Philly are going left.

As for Virginia, looks to me that many of the GOP house of delegate members were used to not having tough reelection fights and didn’t raise the money and support to fight off aggressive challangers. You have to figure out the lay of the land before it’s too late and it doesn’t look like they did that. But by my latest look at the election results, it currently looks like they have a 51-49 edge at the moment pending recounts.