Monday November 6th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

196 Responses to Monday November 6th – Open Thread

1. DanDeplorable says:

DAILY DEVOTIONAL, November 6, 2017

Mighty To Save

“Mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

By the words “to save” we understand the whole of the great work of salvation, from the first holy desire for it onward to complete sanctification. The words are multum in parvo, much in little. Indeed, here is all of the triune God’s mercy to the sinner in a word. It is God the Father, “mighty to save,” Who graciously grants repentance to undeserving sinners (1). It is God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, “mighty to save” all who receive Him by faith (2). It is God the Holy Spirit, “mighty to save,” Who indwells, comforts, teaches and one blessed day shall gather these all together as one body to meet the Lord in the air (3).

Our God, moreover, is mighty to give men new hearts, and to work His gift of saving faith in them (4). He is mighty to make the man who hates holiness love holiness, and to constrain the despiser of His precious Name to bend the knee before Him. And this is not all the meaning, for the divine power is equally seen in the after-work. The life of a believer is a series of miracles wrought by God Almighty. The love of God is miraculously shed abroad in the believer’s heart. The scales fall from the eyes so everything is seen in new light. The Bible can now be read as it really is, the very word of the living God, and understood with the eyes of faith. Moreover still, God is mighty to keep His people holy after He has made them so, and to preserve them in His fear and His love until He consummates their spiritual existence in Heaven.

God’s power does not stop at creating a believer and then leaving him to fend for himself; for He who begins the good work in him carries it on until completion (5). He who imparts the first germ of life in the dead soul shepherds the new creation and strengthens it, breaking every bond of sin until that blessed day when the soul will spring up from earth into eternal life, perfected in glory (6).

Believer, here is encouragement. Are you praying for the salvation of some loved one? Oh, do not give up praying, for Christ is “mighty to save.” You are powerless to reclaim the rebel, but your Lord is God Almighty. Lay hold on that mighty Arm (7) and rouse it to put forth its strength.

Does your own case trouble you? Fear not, believer, for His strength is sufficient for you. Whether to begin with others or to carry on the work in you, the Lord Jesus is “mighty to save” — the best proof of which lies in the fact that He has saved you. What a thousand mercies that you are not among the lost who will find Him mighty to destroy!

(1) Acts 11:18
    (2) John 1:12
    (3) 1 Thessalonians 4:17
    (4) Ephesians 2:8-9
    (5) Philippians 1:6
    (6) John 4:14
    (7) Isaiah 63:5; 53:1

–Charles H. Spurgeon, 1834-1892

2. citizen817 says:

3. citizen817 says:

4. Lucille says:

Another leftie–this time a MAJOR journalist–get caught out as a female-abusing louse….

New Republic Publisher Hamilton Fish Quits Amid Harassment Allegations – Update
    by Jeremy Gerard – November 3, 2017

5. Garrison Hall says:

Say a prayer for the good people of Sutherland Springs who did not in any way deserve the evil that befell them. That it happened there, to them, just shows that we are all in danger from that evil. We will not allow it to defeat us because our faith is powerful, our courage in the face of all adversity is stronger than any threat. We will not bend.

6. Sayit2016 says:

I had a very strange/interesting call tonight from a good friend in Portugal regarding John and Tony Podesta ….told me to keep an eye out on a major announcement that will be coming. He told me what it is but want to wait until I see it confirmed. if so WOW.

7. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

I thought this was great what the pastor of the Sutherland Springs church said. Pastor: Victims in church shooting ‘were believers, with their Lord and savior right now’

8. citizen817 says:

9. citizen817 says:

Underwater video
    Diving with Turtle

10. cairosyrup says:

I’m opening my heart with deep love for you all I won’t be responding to my post but I am so proud to announce my dear Father’s 100th birthday. He was 1st generation born in USA and had 3 brothers. His parents were Germans who were allowed out of Russia in 1912. His mother gave birth to him in Chicago while the Russian Revolution happened. We are celebrating 100th birthday!

11. citizen817 says:

12. Donna in Oregon says:

Favorite Irish inspirational poem and blessing for death:

Remembered Joy

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free!
    I follow the plan God laid for me.
    I saw His face, I heard His call,
    I took His hand and left it all…
    I could not stay another day,
    To love, to laugh, to work or play;
    Tasks left undone must stay that way.
    And if my parting has left a void,
    Then fill it with remembered joy.
    A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss…
    Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
    My life’s been full, I’ve savored much:
    Good times, good friends, a loved-one’s touch.
    Perhaps my time seemed all too brief –
    Don’t shorten yours with undue grief.
    Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
    Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

13. Reposting here…

“You are my hiding place;
    you will protect me from trouble
    and surround me
    with songs of deliverance.”
    (Psalm 32:7)

I will weep with those that weep.
    And as I pray, I will keep my eyes on my King.
    He alone is worthy of all my trust, hope and love.

In the raging storm may we remain steadfast in our unity.
    From the old quote… if we do not “hang together” they will surely hang us separately.

14. dogsmaw says:

King James Version (KJV)
    Psalm 78 1-8

Psa 78:1 [[Maschil of Asaph.]] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. Psa 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: Psa 78:3 Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. Psa 78:4 We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. Psa 78:5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: Psa 78:6 That the generation to come might know [them, even] the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: Psa 78:7 That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: Psa 78:8 And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.

15. citizen817 says:

11 Total

16. smiley says:

Early Autumn Dusk

oil/canvas

ca 2012

Renato Muccillo ~ Canadian (b.1965, Vancouver ~ Italian parents) ~ Contemporary~ Tonalist/Realism ~ Lanscapes

🙂

17. Dora says:

John White Alexander (American) – ‘The Gossip’ (1912)

18. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels.

19. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”
    John 15:7 (KJV)

20. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

21. Nikki/Chico says:

Ephesians 1:9-10New King James Version (NKJV)

9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both[a] which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.

John 10:14-16New King James Version (NKJV)

14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

22. Dora says:

“Teach me, my Jesus, how to maintain joy in the midst of difficulties,
    the kind of joy that is the fruit of Your Presence in my soul, Your Love in my heart,
    the joy that comes from a loving acceptance of the Father’s Will in my moment-to-moment existence. ”

-Mother Angelica

23. smiley says:

think you’ve seen everything from this…this…this epitome of {bleep}…

think again…..

not satire

24. grandmotherpatriot says:

Good morning everyone ,
    After yesterdays horrific shooting I would like to express how I help those grieving in No Veteran Dies Alone. Not sure if any you have every heard this story but it always helps me grieve.

The Desert Fork
    A mother , wife and grandmother was diagnosed with Cancer and knew that her life would be shortened so she went to visit her Pastor that was new to her Parrish.
    The woman explained to the Pastor that when she passed she did not want her family to grieve in sorrow and she instructed the Pastor to pass out Desert Forks to her family when she died.
    The young Pastor was puzzled and horrified at the thought and stated I cannot do that as, “what would your family think” . The woman stated , ” my family will understand the meaning.”
    The pastor replied , can you please explain so I could understand.
    The woman explained that her Mother at every Easter and Christmas dinner would prepare wonderful dishes to celebrate, each dish being better than one prior and when the meal was over my Mother would stand at the dining room door, look back at us and say ” hold on to your Desert Fork ” and we knew something better is coming.

The woman then explained to the young Pastor that when you give my family the “Desert Fork ” after my passing that , something better awaits me and I am going to Dine in the House of Lord at his table.

25. duchess01 says:

Joshua 10:25
    “And Joshua said unto them, Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage: for thus shall the LORD do to all your enemies against whom ye fight.”

King James Version (KJV)

26. Bendix says:

My opinions on the Anthony Weiner case are in the minority, but I was surprised to find out yesterday that I am not alone:
    This person also believes Hillary has something to do with Anthony’s outsize punishment, relative to what others would get for a similar crime.
    I’m not at all sure that Hillary didn’t have something to do with setting him up in the first place, and set up he was. I do not believe a fifteen year old girl devised this political/money-making scheme all on her own.

27. Victor Adam Smith says:

FYI
    “…….Following the ISM manufacturing report, the GDPNow model upped its 4th quarter GDP forecast from 2.9% to 4.5%….

Email From Pat Higgins On the Dynamic Factor Volatility of GDPNow

28. KBR says:

For any who wish to “do something” in regard to the massacre at Southerland Church, I submitted to the daily thread this with request for responses whether a good idea or no? Any responses here or there would be appreciated.

29. ray76 says:

The world’s biggest businesses, heads of state and global figures in politics, entertainment and sport who have sheltered their wealth in secretive tax havens are being revealed this week in a major new investigation into Britain’s offshore empires.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Apparently the Grauniad got the data from the Süddeutsche Zeitung, who are our version of the WashPo. One has to wonder about the timing, if the big data dump was in 2013. Hmmmm.

And as far as tax havens go, how about that little Swiss Canton called Vaud? Seems a lot of companies have “toy” offices there…

They’ve been doing data “leaks” here about “tax records of the rich and famous” where a CD full of “incriminating” data will show up out of nowhere. Seems the ones being “outed” are almost always conservatives. Same thing with the supposed plagarism of Doctoral (Ph. D.) documents. CDU/CSU have problems, the SPD and Greens (left and lefter) never do. Then again, the libtards seem to have “issues” with hard science…

30. MustangBlues says:

Does anyone know what is going on with the Las Vegas massacre? –any reports, articles of types of injuries, autopsies, weapon calibers, details of investigation?

It seems to have disappeared from the public’s interest.

31. Dora says:

So many people are wondering how God could let this happen. Well, I just happened to catch Pastor Jeffress when I turned the TV on this morning and heard him give this fine explanation.

32. Ziiggii says:

Posting update to what I posted on Friday (seems Qanon was not a LARPer and there is in fact a purge ongoing world wide – #TheBigUgly is habbening!)

One of the biggest take a ways – DO NOT FEAR! There is a silent war going on behind the Wizards curtain and POTUS is 100 in control / safe!

The Swamp is deeper and darker than we could have ever imagined it seems, our POTUS is making good on his promise to “drain the swamp”. Lots of covert actions going on though… I will update as new things are discovered and/or Qanon drops more breadcrumbs that seem important. We are to be looking for MSM to break Podesta & Huma information either today or tomorrow.

#ColdAnger
    #TheStorm
    #TheBigUgly

33. According to an article in the New York Times today by Nate Cohn, most pollsters have not changed their methodology since the 2016 election. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/upshot/after-a-tough-2016-many-pollsters-havent-changed-anything.html

34. dbethd says:

• Deb says:

This is one of the places I want to see before I die. We’ll see if Europe continues to exist long of enough for me to see it.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

I went there-amazing place. And watching the high tide/low tide around the island was an eye opener–at low tide it’s all sand between mainland and Mont-SM, but boy when the tide comes in, you’d better be on your way to land quickly or you’ll be walking underwater fast. We ran to land and in 1/2 hour we watched our sandy footprints disappeared The zigzag walk up to the abbey felt like we were in medieval times. Everything is old, old history. Well worth the side trip from Paris.

35. Lucille says:

FROM YEMEN TO MANHATTAN
    In military courts, the terrorists win, the people lose.
    November 6, 2017 – by Lloyd Billingsley

36. Lucille says:

ANOTHER TERRORIST ATTACK, ANOTHER WHITEWASH OF ISLAMIC JIHAD
    Willful blindness sixteen years after 9/11.
    November 6, 2017 – Bruce Thornton

37. dbethd says:

President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump walk the rope line following the President’s remarks at Yokota Air Base in Tokyo, Japan | November 5, 2017 (Official White House Photo by Andrea Hanks)

38. Hey Treepers,
    I’ve been “away” for a while working on “archiving” a lot of info related to my son’s Liver Transplant & related journeys. A website where we had both been blogging has decided to cease operations & it necessitated a mad scramble to grab everything before it was gone. Even though I didn’t attempt to read much of what we’d already shared just cursorily glancing over things still ended up being pretty mentally & emotionally exhausting. After jumping to a new site from which to continue to share his/our family’s needs, prayer requests, & random info here’s what I wrote as “Josiah’s Story” to share a flavor of where we have been with him, & a hint of where we are going…

“Josiah has an extremely complicated medical history. Prior to birth he wasn’t growing well in the womb so he & his twin brother, Brandon, were delivered prematurely in order to save Josiah’s life. At birth Josiah was 2# 6oz & Brandon was 5# 4oz. Brandon was normal size for their gestational age of 33 1/2 weeks but Josiah was IUGR (Intra-Uterine Growth Retardation, aka Small For Gestational Age). He was considered Very Low Birth Weight & qualified for SSI immediately because he was less than 1200 grams.

Josiah also has Congenital Heart Defects & ended up having Open Heart Surgery before ever coming home from the hospital as an infant, at 2 months of age. That First Heart Surgery was to repair a VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect–hole between the two lower heart chambers) using a Goretex Patch. Later in May 2000 Josiah had his Second Open Heart Surgery to remove a Sub-Aortic Stenosis (thickening & partial closure of the Aortic Valve). They also removed some heart tissue in a Myomectomy during that procedure. Josiah has a Bi-Cuspid Aortic Valve rather than the typical Tri-Cuspid Valve–his valve has 2 flaps rather than the normal 3 flaps. Because of this malformation, & other heart issues, Josiah will be monitored by Pediatric Cardiology throughout his life as they manage his Cardiovascular needs.

Josiah is also monitored by Pediatric Urology as he was born with some abnormalities in his urological system. He had 3 stages of repair during his childhood and a recent 4th stage of repair earlier in 2017. After 6 months have passed since this most recent surgery then he will be re-evaluated for another potential surgical stage of repair.

Josiah had numerous challenges in early life that impacted his senses. He had Visual & Auditory Processing Problems, Sensory Integration Dysfunction, periodic Hypo &/or Hyper-Sensitive Skin/Touch. He had Proprioceptive & Vestibular Struggles. He had Gross & Fine Motor Weaknesses. He has been given many “labels” over the years to describe many of these needs. Some of them fall under the domain of Autism Spectrum. He was called PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, aka “Atypical Autism”) when he was a preschooler. His Autism related needs have presented challenges throughout his life in communication, socialization, education, & perception. He is considered to be High-Functioning Autistic…

Josiah had many issues with his inner ears in early childhood & was diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. He had numerous surgical procedures to place Myringotomy Tubes in his ears to facilitate pressure equalization & reduce fluid build up. Prior to getting tubes he had Chronic Otitis Media, persistent ear infections, & significant balance issues. As a toddler he couldn’t walk without holding on to something prior to getting his first set of tubes. He had intermittent hearing loss associated with the need to get new ear tubes and when he was in a diminished hearing state his autistic behavioral challenges were also seemingly diminished, likely due to a reduction of sensory overload.

Josiah contracted RSV (Respiratory Synschial Virus) twice in the first year of life. Both instances required hospitalization and ambulance rides to U of M Ann Arbor. The first ambulance ride was from his then home in Gaylord to U of M & was just weeks after his first heart surgery. The second time was during a visit to his grandparents’ house in Dearborn in the winter. We took Josiah to the local hospital, Oakwood Dearborn, but they sent him via ambulance to Ann Arbor for treatment & hospitalization. That route likely retraced the same pathway trod when he was 2 months old & went from Oakwood to Mott by ambulance, with an NICU nurse along for the ride, for that First Open Heart Surgery–& all his subsequent surgeries, currently totaling 18!

One fallout from RSV was the development of Asthma. When he was younger we would regularly use a Nebulizer to give Albuterol treatments to Josiah. Now he (rarely) uses an inhaler if he needs some help. His Asthma is usually only an issue during intense exercise &/or colder weather. He is supposed to use a CPAP (Continuous Positive Air Pressure) Machine at night for Sleep Disorders, but he’s only marginally compliant with that. When he was still under pediatric care he would see a Sleep Team that included a Neurologist & a Behavioral Pediatrician but things are different in the Adult Sleep Clinic.

Josiah has faced many medical “Goliaths”. He was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor & Liver Masses/Tumors nearly simultaneously at the end of 2009. This resulted in Brain Surgery in 2010 to remove the Brain Tumor (an Adenoma) through his nose (a Transphenoidal Resection of a Pituitary Adenoma). Because that Tumor was nearly enveloping his Pituitary Gland & pressing against his Optic Nerve he had a workup by a Pediatric Neurological Ophthalmologist to ensure that surgery was possible without damaging his eyesight. He later had eye surgery from the same Eye Doctor/Surgeon when it was discovered that Josiah had a form of double vision (V-Pattern Esotrophia, I think). That was the first surgery Josiah experienced where he was the decision maker as to whether surgery would proceed. He also elected to have the most recent Urological Repair as an “independent” adult.

The Liver situation was less straightforward than the Brain Tumor was but it ultimately lead to the need for a Liver Transplant. Josiah was Transplanted on 7-30-13. As a Transplant recipient he will be followed by Liver Transplant Doctors for the rest of his life, at least every 6 months. He had a condition called Congenital Absence of the Portal Vein–the main blood vessel that arises from the intestines & should feed into the liver went directly from his intestines into one of the chambers of his heart. That atypical circulation scenario apparently allowed his various organs to build up a level of toxicity that has now been seemingly flushed from his system. This meant from a practical standpoint that Josiah went through an accelerated maturation process post-Transplant (though he still has Developmental Delays/Disabilities). He has made significant gains in socialization & communication since Transplant.

Many of Josiah’s medical challenges have been met with Grace & Strength & Much Favor. This is likely in large part due to the significant prayer covering he has been under from so many people, even from the womb. Josiah’s name means “God Will Heal & Protect” & the Lord’s Hand of protection & healing has been repeatedly evident in Josiah’s very complex yet overall joyous & worshipful life!

We will now post updates to his situation & some prayer needs & extended family happenings as we used to do at CarePages now at CaringBridge. Please come along for the next phase of the adventure…We value your prayers, support, insight, & encouragement!

Thank you so much for your care & concern & prayerful support of Josiah (& our family)…God Bless You!!!

by Josiah’s mother, Valerie, October 2017″

In case any of you care to join us for that ongoing adventure here is where the going forward stuff will be:

Our archive of CarePages postings & messages is here:
    There are links on that About page to places where Josiah’s is writing &/or archived too.

Blessings to all!

Valerie

• amwick says:

TY for sharing all of this…
      Bless Josiah, and his loving family… Lord guide his physicians and all the people that are helping him… Amen.

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Prayers to you for strength Valerie.
      I will pray for you and your family.

• Thank you so much. Your prayer is along the lines of the meaning of my name Valerie “Strong of Body & Mind, Persistent, Will Succeed”…I remind myself of that descriptor when things get tough & the urge to give up becomes pervasive. God has been so very good to us & to Josiah. Knowing that the “experts” never thought he’d walk nor talk (sometimes we can’t get him to Stop talking!j), read nor write…he has come so far & there is No Limit to What God Can Do!

• Deb says:

God bless you and your family! My first child was premature, and I had three other children who had to be hospitalized for breathing issues. Having a child with special needs is one of the most difficult challenges God can give you, but the grace He gives to those who care for these special children is also immense. These children are a visible sign of his love for all of us.

• Amen to Everything you said. Josiah experiences God (& life) with “unveiled face” & it is a wonder & a privilege to journey alongside him seeing how much the Lord Loves, Heals, & Sets Him Free (incrementally).

Does your first born have lingering prematurity issues? Our twins were followed in the Developmental Assessment Clinics for the first year+ of their lives to check on their progress. Brandon was caught up to peers before the first year but Josiah has never exactly “caught up” to Brandon. He’s on his own trajectory.

I have 4 “kids” too. My oldest is 23 & married about a half year now. The twins are nearing 22 & my daughter is 19. Having 4 in 4 years (with the special needs dynamics in the middle) was/is quite a challenge! Blessings….

• Deb says:

My oldest is now 16, and aside from poor vision in one eye he has no lingering affects. He too caught up developmentally by the time he was one. I actually have nine children. My fourth son had the most severe health effects, he was full term but he almost died shortly after birth due to a pneumothorax and PPHN. He had to receive some extreme medical interventions, and I still think his recovery was miraculous. He is on the spectrum, though he is high functioning. He has some learning disabilities, but I can’t complain.

I have a brother-in-law who was born with hydro-cephaly, which they didn’t catch right away. One reason they may have missed it is because he had a heart defect that needed treatment shortly after birth, and then he caught RSV and was hospitalized for over a month for that. He was almost one before they caught the swelling, and he suffered some severe brain damage before a shunt could be put in. This was long before ultrasounds could diagnose anything in utero. But Justin is a very loving person, and he brightens the day of everyone he comes into contact with. Everyone at the VA Club, the grocery store, the library, and other places he visits in the small town they live in love to see his smiling face. He truly is a beacon of God’s love for us all!

God bless you and your little beacon of love!

I looked up PPHN online & found this lead-in to the topic…Is this what you faced with your 4th son? If so I actually find this topic pretty interesting because they found a “persistent right-to-left-shunt” in my son Josiah’s circulation when he was in the ICU following his Liver Transplant in 2013 (found incidentally due to some significant differences in blood oxygenation between arterial monitoring & ? during the Transplant surgery)…no one actually discussed the implications of this “shunt” with us since so it makes me wonder if that condition is one my son may technically still have but which gets overshadowed by other more pressing/obvious needs…Hmm??? I’d asked one Doctor years ago if there may have been birth lack-of-oxygenation issues given Apgars of 4 and 9 at one & five minutes post-partum…the Doc said that having a 9 at 5 minutes meant that he wasn’t oxygen-deprived enough to have lasting implications? I wonder.

I also know about Pneumothorax because Josiah got one when they did his Liver Biopsy Christmas 2009. They’d inadvertently punctured his diaphragm when doing one of the roughly dozen laparoscopic tumor/mass tissue samplings so he was attached via sewn-in chest tube to the room vacuum system during that hospitalization & ended up having to use a urinal bedside during that in-patient stay… He still has a fairly obvious scar from that chest-tube & the ones he had post-Open-Heart Surgeries.

It’s interesting that both of our sons are also on the Spectrum. I wonder if there might be Any connection to Spectrum issues & blood atypical oxygenation??? Has anyone ever done research on that topic?

You mentioned Learning Disabilities…Does your son need Special Education interventions? Special Ed was the bane of my existence & actually caused More Stress (overall) than did Open-Heart Surgery, Brain Surgery, & Liver Transplant (all of which he experienced while school age). My son has a Severe Learning Disability in Math. The school system refused to consider/deal with Josiah’s Autism & preferred to pretend that he was low IQ (he’s not but often tests poorly there) & they mis-“educated” him for years, at least from 2001 til he “graduated” in 2015. I still wrestle with whether or not to pursue a Disability Discrimination case against the school system because of ubiquitous & flagrant violations of the law & the long-term damage caused to him/us over all of those years (we’re still dealing with the fallout). I hope you are having much better experiences with your son’s education & get whatever supports he needs!

Having a brother with Special Needs must have uniquely qualified/prepared you to face some of the challenges surrounding caring for a child with such needs! I see many blessings in my kids’ lives because of enduring the crucible of their brother’s many challenges over the years. These are part of the “benefit” of special needs in the family, but they can be gained in a very bitter-sweet manner.

“He truly is a beacon of God’s love for us all!” YES! This could often be said of Josiah too (much more so than of any of the rest of us)!

9 kids 16 & under! Wow, you must be Very Busy managing such a family. It’s amazing that you can squeeze time to go online (but what a blessing to find such a supportive community here!) Thanks for sharing a little more about your situation!

I wrote about the Arterio-Venous Shunt (during Josiah’s Liver Transplant hospitalization) here:

I wrote about our (Final?) battle with Special Education here:

…just in case you (or anyone) might be blessed by some more details of our complicated journey in those areas…

God Bless YOU & your precious family richly!!!

39. amwick says:

sighs

40. H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

Let’s not forget the Mandalay Bay shooting. Plenty of time has transpired to answer a few simple questions:

1. How many spent shell casings were recovered in the shooter’s or shooters’ room(s).
    2. How many different weapons were they from?
    3. Did the spent casings match weapons found in the room(s)?
    4. How many victims received gun shot wounds?
    5. How many total wounds did the victims suffer?
    6. Did all the recovered projectiles from the victims match weapon(s) found in the room(s)?

Answering those six simple BASIC questions should put to rest multiple speculations. Then, we can ask six more questions. Now, isn’t that easy?

41. nwtex says:

Casey Anthony’s ex-lawyer convicted in plot to fly $13M in cocaine from Ecuador to Honduras
    Nov 6th 2017

A lawyer who once represented Casey Anthony has been convicted of plotting to fly a plane load of coke from Ecuador to Honduras.

Jurors in Brooklyn federal court deliberated for just over an hour Friday before finding Todd Macaluso guilty of international cocaine distribution conspiracy.

Prosecutors said the disbarred lawyer was planning to fly 1,500 kilos, more than 3,000 pounds, aboard his Falcon 10.

The narcotics were valued at approximately $13 million. The plan was for Macaluso to get $185,000 in return, according to the feds.

[…]

42. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

And, Lord, we pray for all the people who have been affected by the earthquakes and hurricanes.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.