October 13th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #267

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

898 Responses to October 13th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #267

1. citizen817 says:

• Regina says:

• dufrst says:

So Trump has essentially repealed and replaced Obamacare himself today. Bravo!

• angusmcgeef says:

This is good news. Actually, I thought that the subsidies were to be phased out over a few years period and they should have stopped by now. But if not, I’m glad that our President is taking action.

• JimmyJack says:

The final phase stops in 2018. 2025 was another benchmark year for implementation so there may have been other subsidies disguised as something else.

I followed a lobbying group on this for awhile and by 2025 they want most people moved to Skype medical consultations with doctors and most practice done by nurses.

• graciegram says:

Jimmy. it’s already happening. The clinic I go to no longer has any MDs. The are now only a couple of DOs and the rest are Physician Assistants.

• ladypenquin says:

gracie, DOs (Doctors of Osteopathy) are medical doctors, take the same boards. They have an aspect of training overlooked by traditional medical schools – they’re trained in bone and muscle manipulation. More actual hands on the body people. Medical Schools tried to destroy osteopathic schools turn of the 19th century, didn’t succeed. It was all politics.

But I agree, the healthcare industry is pushing care toward lower levels of trained providers. Physician assistants have more training and allowed to do more than nurse practitioners. But placing your health in lower level trained personnel isn’t a very comforting thought. I’ve had some that were excellent, and some that weren’t.

Also take notice how most physician offices don’t even have RNs or LPNs doing intake in the practice. They have “medical assistants” – basically people who are trained to fill in fields on the computer screens but have little understanding of what the patient really has going on. Big Business healthcare industry has decided none of that is important anymore.

Very disheartening to see the downgrading of healthcare into some “efficient” business model, but not really a good care model.

• graciegram says:

Thanks for the clarification Lady. I was always under the impression that DOs were only qualified in muscle and bone problems. I feel a little better that my Dr. is a DO and not an MD.

• ladypenquin says:

As an RN, I actually think you have an excellent doctor in a DO. They pay more attention to the body, hands on, then just reading lab tests and reports. The neurologist I saw (after seeing two others who didn’t even look at films or touch my neck) was a DO. Because she was a DO, she understood the symptoms I described. I ended up having lifesaving neurosurgery in April of this year, got a new neck, bionic now. 🙂
                  She wasn’t the one who headed me in the right direction but at least she understood the pain issue and it’s source, the neck! Old car accident had caught up with me.

• graciegram says:

Oh my gosh! I hope you’re on the way to a full and permanent recovery. God speed.

• piper567 says:

My Doc is also an OD…I am Very Happy with her. She’s very open to alternate methods of getting things done.
                  AND she listens!
                  It was bc of this, that after many tests she ordered, bc of what I told her, that I was Finally diagnosed correctly.
                  I have also learned how the many medical fields interact with one another. She recommended the Surgeon that worked on me, and I was most fortunate in this regard.

• graciegram says:

Thanks for the input piper. I have to say that my OD did send me for alternative treatment for the arthritis in my knees. The Orthopedic surgeon does a series of shots rather than shuttling me off for knee replacement. So far, so good.

• ginaswo says:

Pleasepleasepleaseplease

• TONYA PARNELL says:

Good, keep chipping away until nothing left.

• tdaly14 says:

Good, besides being illegal, it was another redistribution of our wealth scheme.

• Bert Darrell says:

Politico? Reuters? Fake news, both of them. Their articles always are loaded with distortions, lies and anti-Trump propaganda.

• wondering999 says:

It’s late and I need to get to sleep, but wanted to stay up and post on the political thread just in case someone from our President’s staff passes through here and could received the message.

I am excited and hopeful, and grateful to everyone involved in getting this healthcare EO together. May this health insurance move turn out to be wildly successful!

Sending gratitude to everyone who puts themselves out there to MAGA. The media will try to get you down, but don’t ever think that you are not appreciated — from the bottom of my Deplorable heart. You can’t imagine what a drag health insurance has been on my budget. I had to return to work earlier than I wanted when my toddlers were small, like so many other women, because otherwise we would have been unable to afford insurance…

This is huge. THANK YOU

• olderwiser21 says:

Yay!!!

2. citizen817 says:

• Regina says:

The research firm eMarketer says that by the end of last year 16.7 million U.S. adults had already cut the cord and that by the end of this year it will be 22 million.

A day after DirecTV parent AT&T said it would lose subscribers because people are ditching their satellite and cable television services — a phenomenon known as cord-cutting — shares of companies heavily invested in the TV industry tumbled.

Shares of AT&T, the culprit in Thursday’s sell-off, dropped 6 percent, dragging shares of its presumed merger partner, Time Warner, down 2 percent in the process.

AT&T said in a regulatory filing that in the recently ended quarter it would report gaining 300,000 subscribers to its over-the-top digital service while losing 390,000 traditional TV subscribers, for a net loss of 90,000 subs.

• Is there no way to prevent these disgusting media conglomerates from pushing fake news and continuing to guide the narrative to the masses?

I wonder if POTUS Trump could somehow assign responsibility to get this crap stopped cold? What I am thinking here is how POTUS assigned responsibility of North Korea to China. Likewise, How he assigned responsibility of Afghanistan to Pakistan?

It’s just sooooooo not fair.

• sunnydaze says:

I prefer to let the MSM take itself down. They’re just so darn GOOD at it. Did you see the Pokemon Go vid from CNN today?….. just as one example.

Seems like it’s doing a pretty good job of exposing itself and turning people off.

I know it takes longer this way, but I think the results are potentially much more lasting.

Prefer to take the Long View and kill ’em for good.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

We are witnessing changes of Biblical magnitude. Be patient.

• Bert Darrell says:

I remember HilLIARy trying to make a joke during one one of her poorly-attended rallies, mentioning Pokemon Go. It was evident that she was repeating someone else’s joke and had no clue about what she had just said. Stupid joke, stupid candidate, clueless face expression, clueless politician saying anything to get some traction. Big fail! And she wondered why she wasn’t 50 points ahead? These days, the clueless crooked one doesn’t even realize that she’s burnt out toast and the MSM that protected her can’t recover their lost credibility by continuing to lie to the people.

• Howie says:

They are democrat super pacs and should be treated as such.

• Martin says:

I think the downstream effect is of much more value. Americans are discovering that they don’t need all this objectionable media product, and they are turning instead to things that matter, like family, faith, and community.

It’s a hard habit to break, but the younger set has demonstrated that alternative media which supports the things that are important is far better than mass media defining it for you. The Leftist cabal is running out of ideas, and as they become more strident, they lose more and more control over what we see and hear. They are empty, and increasingly, so is their product.

Consensus builds itself, and they truly are freaking out over their loss of control. The last thing to die will be their network of finance. Bit by bit.

• JimmyJack says:

I have to say, Trump’s timing is supernatural. He hit this right as the Noah Oppenheimer spiking the Weinstein story dropped. It’s amazing.

• Esperanza says:

I don’t think it’s his timing that’s supernatural, he is after all a the centre of a yuge network of info. What’s supernatural, it’s how he knows exactly what to do with the info he gets. Amazing.

3. citizen817 says:

4. citizen817 says:

5. citizen817 says:

6. citizen817 says:

7. rsanchez1990 says:

In other news, the media is SHOCKED that their caricature of General Kelly isn’t even close to reality.

8. Trumppin says:

The Big Ugly…….
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The White House said late on Thursday that it cannot lawfully pay subsidies to health insurance companies under the Obamacare health law, prompting howls of protests from Democratic lawmakers.

9. President Trump’s Healthcare EO will MASSIVELY MULTIPLY M🇺🇸A🇺🇸G🇺🇸A!

MEGA-ASSOCIATIONS will emerge as YUGE Healthcare and Political Forces.

• Message to NRA: Extend your charter as a Healthcare Association and WIN FOREVERMORE.

• Message to Insurers: Associations will be calling the shots.

• Message to President Trump: Be DAMNED SURE to open the floodgate with MAXIMUM INCENTIVES and MINIMUM OBSTACLES for Insurance Agents to move people from Bad ObamaCare to Best Associations … during 2018!

The PEOPLE and their ASSOCIATIONS will know that their cost-reduction and healthcare-improvement outcomes came ONLY from President Trump, and NOT from either branch of the Congressional Uniparty.

• This epiphany will occur in the Home Stretch of the 2018 Mid-Term Elections.

• No incumbent from either Uniparty Branch will be able to marshall either funding or voter support.

President Trump will be naming the candidates who we can trust to support his agenda, and NO voter who’s felt the pain of ObamaCare will EVER take a chance on a Uniparty candidate or incumbent again.

• TrueNorthSeeker says:

THIS!!!

• I hope all of this happens.

Get people out of ocare as fast as possible, giving them a better, affordable option and FREAKING BREATHING ROOM, for a change, and our politicians will pay bloody hell if they EVER try taking health insurance away from the people again!!

• elleb77 says:

I think Trump just made fools of the entire Congress. (not that it was hard to do.)

: “not going to repeal and replace O-Care? No problem, I’ll handle it.”

• ladypenquin says:

For eight years the campaign promise was outright repeal. Then the election being over, promises ignored, (once again) and despite having all branches of government in GOP hands – they proved that they’re liars as well. Replace got added to Repeal. Then they couldn’t do that either.

10. treehouseron says:

This is happening, people. This is not a drill. This is happening. I repeat, this is happening.

11. sunnydaze says:

I want Hollywood to go down. Big League. That’s gonna mean we need international disgust towards these cretins.

There’s stories coming in from Europe (England, France…so far…) re. Weinstein. One from UK:

12. m says:

Happy name day, Sundance. It was on this day 100 years ago that the sun danced in Fatima, Portugal. I don’t know how you chose your screen name, but I thank you for the insights that you have provided over the year or so that I have read your site. May God bless you.

13. Troublemaker10 says:

14. Troublemaker10 says:

Israel to join US in quitting Unesco

15. Trumppin says:

Adios Joe….

16. winky says:

This is the crap we put up with in California…..This biatch is worse than Obama ten times over….we need to get her out of here.

17. citizen817 says:

OMG! Congressional Pharmacist Admits Dispensing Alzheimer’s Medication To Lawmakers

In a stunning report published on Wednesday by STAT News’ Erin Mershon, pharmacist Mike Kim reveals he prescribes members of Congress with Alzheimer’s medication.

STAT News reports:

Mike Kim, the reserved pharmacist-turned-owner of the pharmacy, said he has gotten used to knowing the most sensitive details about some of the most famous people in Washington.

“At first it’s cool, and then you realize, I’m filling some drugs that are for some pretty serious health problems as well. And these are the people that are running the country,” Kim said, listing treatments for conditions like diabetes and Alzheimer’s.

“It makes you kind of sit back and say, ‘Wow, they’re making the highest laws of the land and they might not even remember what happened yesterday.”

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Please give it up.

People with early stage Alzheimer’s can carry on with a lot of cognitive-dependent functions.

We do not put people out to pasture as soon as they are 2 degrees off course.

Once you open the topic of vetting who, at any and all moments, is capable of sustaining the full weight of their job,

–And sidelining anyone found to be deficient,

you have entered a very sick and mad world.

• JimmyJack says:

I find it very bothersome the Congressional pharmacist Mike Kim is blabbing about these things. It is unprofessional.

• NickD says:

Talk about HIPAA

• FL_GUY says:

But the question is, could someone like Pelosi, Waters or McCain pass an honest mental status exam?

• Dennis Leonard says:

It also against the Hippa law,JJ

• ladypenquin says:

HIPPA is about the individual’s right to privacy. Perhaps, “unprofessional” in the context we’re all hearing it in… but a pharmacist, physician, physical therapist, nurses, etc. give lectures all the time in an educational setting – discussing case studies, no names, but data. Government collects all kinds of data and then produces a study saying where prevalence of disease is, ie African-Americans greater risk of stroke and heart disease.

He did “out” a selective group, and it would be interesting to see if that is a issue. But it’s also like saying, as they did locally about our school district here, “suspensions and detention down” but teachers report increased fear of violence.” That’s what happened after they decided that too many minorities were facing discipline consequences. So now the kids stay in the classroom, disrupting your child’s education. We all know who they’re talking about, and now the citizenry knows our teachers are afraid.

I’m at the point where the secrets of corrupt DC be exposed is more important to the common good, than hiding issues which actually are affecting our safety, security and sovereignty as a nation.

Rather than revealing the medical issues of the Congress critters, would prefer to know who is being blackmailed by Big Money and why. 🙂

• Lulu says:

I know I don’t want them flying a plane, doing surgery, working as a judge or making laws. It’s not like they are working at the local grocery store.

• joninmd22 says:

Pelosi’s not even trying to hide it anymore.

18. TexasRanger says:

Burgess Owens Speaks Out About The NFL, Race In Politics

Former NFL player gives his take about protests during the national anthem.

Burgess Owens – “The Enemy That We Have Is Not Each Other – It’s Marxist Liberal Democrats Who Use My Race To Get Power.”

Fox News Video 05:40 Minutes Oct-12-2017;

19. sunnydaze says:

Just think: Hollywood destroyed= more carnage , HUGE carnage for the Dem Party.

Right now, their BIGGEST Spokespeople (and some contributors) are ACTORS!

Ditto for Globalism. Hollywood’s it’s biggest PR.

Also, this is the best anti Dem PR cuz, unlike so many issues, it grabs the attention of Americans who don’t pay attention to other issues. This is an easy one for everyone to understand.

Even people who *don’t* know the name of the Vice Prez *do* know the names of these stars.

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Them dens have not won anything worth winning for nearly five years. They have developed the loosing habit and refuse to change either their plays or their coach.

20. Cheetoguido says:

Reddit guys posted this that the security guard has gone missing. A Stephanie Wash news put it out on Twitter.

21. Message to Insurers:

“If you like your ObamaCare, you can KEEP your ObamaCare.”

What in your wildest imagination led you to believe that President Trump would financially reward your Anti-American Actions:

• Lobbying for ObamaCare
    • Drafting ObamaCare
    • Pay-to-Play Kickbacks to pass ObamaCare
    • Donating to get ObamaCare Subsidies
    • Funding the USCOC to undermine ObamaCare Repeal and Replace

RE: White House Says It Can’t Lawfully Pay Obamacare Subsidies

22. Trumppin says:

23. Just had to share this whammy of a response on FB to this NFLSJW threatening to quit if forced to stand…

“Go ahead and quit, but remember this;

“If you have a problem with people in your culture getting shot, go protest in your own neighborhoods where 33% of your culture don’t graduate high school,
    78% of your baby daddies don’t hang around after they “hit dat” and 50% of all murders are committed by your 13% of the population, most of the victims
    of your own race. Your problem is whitey and the police? No, your problem is, your own culture, your culture’s lack of discipline and respect for authority and
    your culture’s inability to understand simple English commands like, “Put your hands up”, “stop”, “get your hands out of your pockets”,
    “Don’t reach into your clothes”, “stop walking back to your vehicle”. And then cry racism when you morons get shot. And, par for the course, you blame
    everybody else for your culture’s problems and ruin it for everyone else. Go protest your own culture in your own ‘hoods, then maybe the rest of us will take
    you seriously. Until you do, you’re just crying racism to cover your own responsibility for your own stupidity. It’s old and no one gives a crap.”
    I think that most people are over it. I know I am …”

24. Troublemaker10 says:

25. Timmy-the-Ute says:

So is the Stock market going to crash in the next 2 weeks of October? October is the month it has to happen or dividends will have to be paid in December on profits. If there is no market crash then it actually shows despite the hurricanes that the economy is doing quite well. If the economy is doing well then Mueller won’t be able to get Trump impeached this winter, after all it is “the economy stupid”. Mueller has to turn in something by February or they won’t be able to impeach Trump before the midterm elections of 2018. If Trump is not impeached by the end of this winter then it will show that the Deep State has folded and Trump stays President and will probably be reelected no matter what Bannon says.

26. Troublemaker10 says:

27. Troublemaker10 says:

28. Troublemaker10 says:

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

e.g. George W. Bush.

• Coldeadhands says:

GWB’s eternal shame is that in refusing to defend himself from the relentless attacks of his enemies, he was giving them a pass to simultaneously attack his supporters.

• Lulu says:

Mr. Moral didn’t care because he supports nearly everything the media does including Bill Clinton. Ask yourself how any decent person would call Bill Clinton their brother from another mother?

• Jim in TN says:

GWB has a perverse sense of honor. Believed defending self would demean the Presidency. So he let the Presidency be demeaned by allowing lies to go unchallenged.

His perversion continues. Never attacked Zero, but attacks Trump. Stands side by side with Clintons in many endeavors, despite all the abuses of people, victims, and misuse of charitable funds.

I don’t think that eternal shame, or any other, has yet to cross his mind. Both Bushes have this self-righteous pride that twists their thinking into these perversions, and closes their minds to the real harm they do. Especially if it concerns normal people, his supporters, victims in Haiti, America, etc.

• annieoakley says:

True. However GB was on the globalist side anyway.

29. JimmyJack says:

30. citizen817 says:

31. citizen817 says:

32. keebler AC ovfefe says:

33. wheatietoo says:

The liberal media is being exposed as a co-conspirator in covering for Weinstein.

Harvey Weinstein is a big blob of mucus:

Calling him a pig is insulting to pigs.

34. wheatietoo says:

Remember Jane Skinner…Fox news reader who was always talking about her home-baked cookies?

I didn’t know it, but she is now married to Roger Goodell.
    She used an anonymous Twitter account to “defend” her husband on Twitter.

‘JonesSmith’ was the twitter-name she used…and she was exposed by a WSJ reporter.

35. keebler AC ovfefe says:

36. wheatietoo says:

I knew it.
    This is what I’ve been saying…the Gun Grabbers would be trying to use this ‘bump stock’ thing to make a New Gun Law.

Not good. Do. Not. Want.

I’ve been amazed at how many conservatives have fallen for this ploy, and have been saying “Oh yes, we have to ban those bump stock thingies.”
    Noooo!
    They won’t stop there.
    All it will take is a few poorly worded sentences, hidden in the Bill, and…viola! you’ve got a ban on semi-automatic rifles.

The Dems would crow about it.
    And the conservative Base that voted for Trump would be majorly pissed off, going into the 2018 midterm elections.

• MM says:

They are going to try anything to grab the guns from us but will fail.

• wheatietoo says:

The Dems have nothing to run on.
        They are desperately trying to demoralize and discourage Trump Supporters.

What better way to split Trump’s base, than to slip a sneaky New Gun Law past him!

• MM says:

I don’t have one do you?
          Well that’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

• NC PATRIOT says:

They won’t slip ANYTHING past him. He reads contracts (and bills) looking for loopholes and irregularities—-remember?

• wheatietoo says:

Yep, I remember.
            And I love that about him.
            I just don’t know how knowledgeable he is about firearm language.

I hope he gets Don, Jr. to read it over with him.
            Heheh.

• NC PATRIOT says:

Do you think our ridiculous congress people could construct weapons language that would get past his 4 star Marine General CoS who sits at his elbow daily ?

• wheatietoo says:

No…and I would hope that Gen Kelly would go through it with a fine toothed comb.

But here’s the thing:
                When a bill is passed, then it goes to the “law writers” to write up the bill into law.

We learned of this when Ocare was passed.
                I was floored to learn of this.

So we have these unelected nameless people, “law writers”, who go to work on a bill after it is passed…and they have the power to ‘interpret’ what was passed, as they “write” it into a Law.

This is nuts.
                And wrong.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

They will fail because LV was a ruse and they KNOW IT! Bumpstock would not sound like the gunfire in LV. I’ve been trying to read up and quite a few experts say bumpstock is not a complete surrogate for machine fire. It cannot perform as well and in fact slows the bullet down so it can’t reach as far. Will have to check. Also every time Paddock changes out for another rifle he has to adjust the scope which causes delays.

• MM says:

Wheatie how many more Hollywood elites do you think will get caught up in the Weinstein debacle? This needed to be out a long time ago and to think they have the gall to put down President Trumps voters.

• wheatietoo says:

Well it’s already taken down that high muckity Amazon executive…so I hope it spreads out and takes down even more.

A lot of these guys go to that Burning Man festival in the desert every year.
        That place is known for being an anything-goes-orgy in the desert…with reports of rapes & sexual abuse hushed up, because the perps are mega rich and famous.

• Let me fix “republicans” RINOs or uni-party swamp dwellers.

37. keebler AC ovfefe says:

Twitter suspended Rose McGown. We know which side they’re on – the sleeze.

• wheatietoo says:

I’ve read lots of comments about this…and Liberals are gobsmacked that Twitter would do such a thing.
      Hah!
      They are totally unaware that Twitter has been doing this to conservatives for years!

38. lawrencepaul1 says:

CNN Loses God Damn Mind – Claims Russia Used ‘Pokémon Go’ To Influence Election With Liberal Activism

39. JohnP says:

Why are there so many fires along HWY 101?
    Forest fires should follow the prevailing winds, not a road.

Something that should be investigated.

40. wheatietoo says:

Howard Dean is a weapons-grade doofus.

How does he ‘not know’ what the Clinton Foundation did to Haiti?!

41. Nchadwick says:

Et tu, Pikachu? CNN claims Russia used Pokemon Go to meddle in US election

LOL — I’m embarrassed for us! How could someone not point out how absolutely insane the “RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA” has become…. lmfao

42. wheatietoo says:

This Seth Meyers guy has got the crazy eyes.

43. Publius2016 says:

Friday the 13th has brought new fear to the Dems…Bye bye Obama Legacy…good riddance Ocare subsidy…so long Iran giveaway…and of course THE WALL is coming!

44. Publius2016 says:

Who owns Obamacare now? Not gonna pay for it… It’s the Dems’ pet!!!

45. citizen817 says:

46. wheatietoo says:

Leftists always seem to use such ‘nice sounding’ names for their nefarious groups.

47. Publius2016 says:

Truly remarkable how President Trump peels the issues to their main core when negotiating…he’s leave the onion alone if you take the first offer or counter offer for a deal deal. No deal no problem…OWN IT DEMS! It’s your pet…no subsidies for you…Fools in Congress you’ve been notified, next up is Congressional exemption!

48. Dora says:

A positive story to start off the day.

==