Justice for Jessica – Jury Selection Begins in Jessica Chambers Murder Trial…

Many CTH readers will painfully remember the 2014 brutal murder of 19-year-old Jessica Lane Chambers in the small town of Batesville Mississippi.

Jessica Chamber was burned to death on Dec. 6, 2014, and when the fire department found her she was still alive despite sustaining burns on 98 percent on her body.  She died a few hours later at the hospital. CTH invested a lot of time researching the attack and the evidence surrounding the murder.  [Category “Justice for Jessica”]

The trial of her killer, 28-year-old Quinton Verdell Tellis, begins today with jury selection in Magnolia Mississippi.  The jurors will then be transported to Batesville Mississippi for the trial.  There is a local reporter, Therese Apel, who has done exceptional reporting on the entire story from day #1. [Therese Apel Twitter Here]

CTH will be following the trial and sharing updates as appropriate.  Due to the emotional investment many Treepers put into the case in 2014, we may post a general information and discussion thread during the trial, which is anticipated to last a week.

This entry was posted in justice for jessica, Police action, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

167 Responses to Justice for Jessica – Jury Selection Begins in Jessica Chambers Murder Trial…

1. distracted2 says:

This case consumed me for over a year. Literally consumed me – to the point I’m almost afraid to relive it but I have to see justice served.

RIP, sweet Jessica.

2. MsCynlynn says:

I still have a folder on my computer titled, “Jessica” with all of the research. As I do, “Zimmerman”. My Google Earth still has the locations in Batesville and surrounding areas we discussed here marked. I hope we see “Justice for Jessica”.

3. LBH says:

I didn’t think much of the DA during the investigation but in comparison to Tellis’ attorney in opening statements, Champion looks like a rock star.

Suits for the defense looked dejected as the prosecution’s opening statement unfolded. I hope this is a slam dunk for the prosecution but also wish the death penalty was in play. #JusticeforJessica

Watch live stream coverage here:

4. TNman says:

Was Tellis on the radar of CTH or was he even known or mentioned by anyone to have been with Jessica on her last day?

• Lottacats says:

I don’t remember Tellis mentioned at all and I thought I’d read everything here. I watched trial today on LBH link above.

• distracted2 says:

His face looks familiar but I don’t remember his name ever coming up until his arrest or just prior to his arrest.

Trellis’ DNA on her car keys is news to me, also.

• distracted2 says:

Sorry, Tellis’ DNA, not Trellis’.

• Lottacats says:

There was a pic of Tellis with the store keep Ali (the disappearing muslim) someone called him. LOL
          The fire chief today in court, Cole, really distressed by seeing Jessica like that. He had to go into detail describing her physical condition and wearing only panties. So very sad. I can imagine he’s maybe been harassed, threatened around there since. He said he rarely leaves home, fears his property in jeopardy etc. I think he lives in fear and that scene will always live with him. He cried.

5. distracted2 says:

I just watched Champion’s opening statement and some of Haley’s testimony.

First, Champion said at the very end that he believes he will be found guilty of “capital murder”. I thought that means automatic death penalty. Is it an option?

Also, Cole is not the same young man who spoke in the video right after she was killed. I can’t help but wonder what his life has been like since. He was able to answer the questions but seemed medicated. I couldn’t watch all of it because it’s just too sad. Does anyone know why he’s not with the fire department any longer?

Lastly, if not for the name she spoke, this would be a slam dunk. I sure would hate for him to get off because there are witnesses who think she said Eric or Derek.

6. Sharon says:

There needs to be an additional investigation into the lack of action with that police department also who tried to bury this case with non-action. Whoever heads this department is a disgrace to the title of police officer

• ThankYou,Treepers says:

Law enforcement in Panola County including DA Champion have done yeoman’s work on limited resources amidst a culture of criminality in a nest of criminals dominating the local rural population to solve the hideous murder of a victim who, sadly, had extensive and intense personal involvement with numerous amoral men many if not most of whom were in the gang and dope cultures as criminals, users and/or dealers.

LE have swam in a vile cesspool most people are fortunate never to have to navigate and have produced a prosecution which will be a slam dunk winner.

• LBH says:

I remember the sheriff’s office not even asking for the M&M video until the local news and we the public shamed them into it. Apparently, that video is now an important piece of trial evidence. And all the pics of the Panola County jail prisoners smoking weed, talking on their cell phones while behind bars and some enjoying “get-out-of-jail-free-for-a-day” cards to attend their babies’ birthday party? Where does the buck stop? Sheriff and Warden, I’m looking at you!

7. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

I pray that Tellis received the death penalty, not life in prison. He deserves death for what he did to her. This report is from a Roanoke TV station which is usually fake news as it is a cBS affiliate.
    I have followed this since I first read about it in CTH. I have been upset about what happened to Jessica.

8. distracted2 says:

Is it at all possible that Jessica was saying “Tellis” instead of “Eric”? According to testimony, her speech was garbled so it’s not a stretch to think they could make out familiar words like “thirsty” and “drink”. But would they be able to make out a name they weren’t familiar with?

9. ImpeachEmAll says: