The effectiveness of the Trump Doctrine is never more visible than when President Trump meets with a recipient, in this case Qatar, and is able to assume the role of good cop negotiator in common cause.

President Trump participated in an expanded meeting with the Amir of Qatar Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani at the New York Palace Hotel. WATCH:

TRUMP DOCTRINE: ♦ President Trump forces the Gulf Cooperation Council (Gulf States, GCC) to own their stake in bringing the extremists within the Muslim Brotherhood under control. Trump doesn’t withdraw the U.S., but rather outlines the expectation that Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates and Oman take lead and pressure the Brotherhood’s enabler, Qatar. The U.S. supports the GCC and their efforts, but the ownership is directly assigned to the GCC to create the necessary peace. President Trump then takes the role of negotiator in common cause.

♦President Trump forces NATO allies to own their own stake in their own collective defense. Specifically as it pertains to Europe and their unity concern about Russia. Trump doesn’t withdraw from NATO but rather forces EU nations to own their own regional security.

♦President Trump forces Pakistan to own their stake in stability with Afghanistan. Trump demands that Pakistan influence the extremists within the Taliban to the table of negotiation. Such placement of responsibility is critical. Again, Trump doesn’t withdraw the U.S., but rather assigns responsibility to the key players. Simultaneously Trump embraces and draws in India as closer ally. This puts China in a position of influence over the behavior of Pakistan (china heavily invested there), or China runs the risk of Trump replacing the U.S./China economic relationship with India.

♦President Trump forces China to own their stake in North Korea. Trump understands that the DPRK is essentially a proxy province of China and accurately demands that China own the problem. This is new for China, they have never been held accountable for their enabling of the DPRK and the economic leverage President Trump wields is forcing them to: 1) drop the panda mask, or 2) show the world their duplicity. Again, the embraced Trump relationship with India (PM Modi) shows China (Xi Jinping) they can easily be replaced; if they choose the wrong path.

In each of these examples President Trump is using economic leverage, there are actually many more ongoing. This is the 30,000/ft understanding of the Trump Doctrine of assigning ownership to the group with the highest vested interest, and then applying the economic leverage of the U.S. toward achieving the objective.

I’ve never seen any geopolitical strategy so effective in my lifetime.

This entry was posted in ISIS, Islam, Israel, Jihad, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Terrorist Attacks, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to Trump Doctrine: President Trump Meets With The Amir of Qatar Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani…

1. mimbler says:

And we will hear nothing from the press today except the “rocket man” nickname, and he is “threatening war on NK”.

Apparently there just isn’t anything sexy about effective diplomacy, at least when done by a Republican president,

• Sylvia Avery says:

You are right. But to be fair, I am not convinced any of the media analysts are bright enough to grasp what it is PDJT is doing. And even if they were able to see and understand what the strategy is, they would never ever clue us in because Trump is Hitler.

• mimbler says:

Sad but true. In addition to their reflexive dislike of PDJT, they really are neither informed nor intelligent.

• MaineCoon says:

This is what I have concluded also. The intellectual caliber of the media is sorely lacking. They don’t bother to educate themselves on topics. They are just spoon fed their talking points and they happily do what is necessary for the $$$.

• gfgustav says:

Well, I don’t want to sound arrogant or condescending, but I will anyway. These MSM people are generally journalism majors. Look at the background of someone like a Bannon vs. most of the MSM crowd. What kind of people sign up to be journalism majors? Probably not the best and brightest…

• Kroesus says:

at least at my University the J majors were the 2nd least capable academically with E majors being the least capable unfortunately…..I suspect the public talking heads are some of the brightest of that crowd but when you look at how slow some of those are that is not saying much

• Kaco says:

Who knows if any of us would be able to put this all together the way Sundance does. We’d all be lost without Sundance’s blog posts.

The ones that might be able to get it, you are right they’re probably intellectual never-Trumpers or globalists.

• Minnie says:

And our gratitude to Sundance cannot be overstated.

Honestly don’t know what I would do without Sundance, Menagerie, Sharon and all the Moderators and Ad Rems

You all keep us sane ❤️

• Coldeadhands says:

SA, there may be an up side to the media focusing on Rocket Man and all the possible squirrels surrounding the President…no gaslighting about the important work of diplomacy. No out right lies about the diplomatic processes. Then too, his UniParty enemies are equally in the dark. 😀

• gfgustav says:

Great observation, Cold… I think it was SD who said that Trump keeps them chasing the laser dot, or something to that effect. I’d rather have them focusing on Trump’s entertaining quips. (I laughed out loud when I heard “Rocket Man” … I mean, how good THAT?) Keep them distracted while doing the really serious work pretty much out-of-sight, because if they knew what he was really doing, it might be much worse.

Scott Adams said that no matter who the next President is, they will be “completely boring” compared to Trump. He got that right.

• Coldeadhands says:

How good THAT, indeed! Love that the President called him that while calling him out at the UN General Assembly. (that august gathering of unindicted criminals)

• trapper says:

It isn’t just the traditional “media.” You won’t find analysis and insight at the level of CT anywhere else, including the internet. Serious sites recognize this. Sundance’s piece on the Manafort wiretapping was up on Lucianne today with the editor comment below it calling it “Must Read of the month.” CT is the go-to site to find out what is really going on.

I believe much of the blather in the news and opinion columns is just plain laziness. There is one newspaper columnist in particular that, on each rare occasion when I read a piece by him, by the third paragraph or so his easily discoverable factual mistakes make me think “haven’t you ever heard of Google?”

Well done SD.

• gfgustav says:

Agreed, Trapper. I keep looking for other really insightful analyses, and I’ll tell you what… I’m just not finding it. I have to believe SOMEBODY other than SD alone is giving this stuff some serious thought, but maybe not. I recall when SD articulated the GOPe splitter strategy, I could find nothing else on it, but when SD laid it out, like most brilliant insights, it almost looked obvious. You’d think SOMEBODY would have noticed it as well, but I saw it only here, and SD laid it out with surgical precision. Amazing.

• The MSM think Hillary’s diplomacy was sexy.

Will Americans want to tar themselves with that brand of sexy?

NOT.

2. Stringy theory says:

The media are nothing but juvenile delinquents.

3. progpoker says:

Did you see the “End The Qatar Blockade” commercials running on Fox News today?

4. The Boss says:

The 30,000′ view of The Trump Doctrine as articulated here is quite understandable. I think this is why President Trump’s base is actually growing, fake news polls notwithstanding. And I think this is why we see more winning on the horizon.

5. indiamaria2020 says:

My, my. What a day. With all the the spectacular successes the Trump TEAM has accomplished, on full display today, I would suspect that 100% of Trump Supporters, now Support him.

• Minnie says:

For many of us, our support never wavered.

President Trump is astute and calculating, I respect and admire those qualities.

He has a ship to straighten, you know.

“I was left a giant mess by the prior Administration”.

That’s putting it mildly!

• El Torito says:

I think they always did and the doubters and concern trolls were fake.

• Minnie says:

Yes, many have magically, thankfully, disappeared.

Political discourse is welcome, but outright besmirching deserves to be called out, reeks of paid bots.

Time to breath in a big, beautiful gulp of fresh air.

6. KBR says:

Is it just me, or in the original still shot before I played the video, did the face of AlThani kinda look like 😬?

• progpoker says:

Yes it does. LOL!!

• JC says:

Ha – I noticed it, too, KBR. No fake-nicey-nice smile and political-speak when you deal with Godzilla Trump. Put on those big-boy pants, AlThani, and face the music.

• seabrznsun says:

Yep KBR. I also noted our President, although leaning forward, has his hands triangulated and a stern facial expression. He seems in an analytical but still wearily thoughtful mood to bring about a negotiation to allow a deal to close, if the parties involved are willing to get on board. If not, his willingness, and whatever has been dangled as his gratitude, could easily close up. I doubt the other parties involved want to blow the deal.

7. Important video of UN Secy-Genl and Pres. Trump speaking at luncheon today, Sep. 19. 2017.

• LBB says:

Thanks for sharing. I like watching the mingling and body language, etc. Can see in this setting too, that there are some that just gravitate to our President. His toast. to the “potential” of the UN.

• carrierh says:

I chose Trump when in August 2-15 when I heard him say he would be presidential once he wins, and he has proven that each and every day. Treats everyone with respect even when inside he can’t them, because we all need to make connections. Also, did you notice he gave away the wine glass as he does not drink alcohol so I guess he will be drinking his Coca Cola! Now, we will see if the UN can get their act together for once in its creation. The League of Nations never did because each member was a greedy so n so! The world is smaller now and working together is most necessary.

• Shirley32 says:

Did you notice that all eyes were on our President as he entered the room? He walked through the crowd like the lion he is and many cameras were rightfully focused on him as he made his way to his seat. This is what a giant among men looks like. We are so proud of him and it can’t be said too many times.

• M. Mueller says:

I feel so lucky today that this man is ours.

And I thank Sundance for explaining why Trump was the man, right from the start.

• wheatietoo says:

Interesting body language from Guterres, the UN Sec General.

Guterres is a bigtime socialist.
      And I mean bigtime socialist…he’s an uber socialist.
      He was not only head of the Socialist Party in his country, Portugal, he was also president of the Socialist International party.

So this guy is in a totally ‘indefensible’ position right now, with socialist countries self-destructing around the globe.

Our President just pointed out how socialism always fails the people who are living under it…and pointed to the most flaming example of it right now — Venezuela.

Socialists around the world are trying to ignore Venezuela these days.
      It makes them look bad.
      And our President just singled it out & put a magnifying glass on it.

And here Guterres has to make nice and act all humble to our New Yorker President…and then sit down beside him
      Haaaa!

• Coldeadhands says:

The Venezuelans are fortunate to have the attention of our lion because as you say, socialists around the world (& that of course, includes media) are ignoring the Vevezuelan’s plight.

• The RINO hawks all liked the tough talk on Iran and NoKo in the President’s UN speech. Not me. I liked the part about Venezuela and the total slam on socialism. Coulda heard a pin drop at that point.

• JBrickley says:

I like how Trump will hold a wine glass during toasts, taking even a sip as necessary then giving a toast with another sip but he passes it off as he retakes his seat. The man does not drink. He had maybe 3 sips and he was done with the wine. He didn’t make a scene, he likely didn’t ask for non-alcoholic wine, but he politely participated in the toasts and gave a toast of his own.

8. sundance says:

• Minnie says:

Pakistan?

Heck, OUR President wants to work toward peace with ANY country willing to put in the effort to do so!!

Too bad the lefty loony libs fail to acknowledge that fact.

His speech is already being maligned by the mudslime media.

A speech that was unprecedented in scope and value!

• Sunshine says:

Abbasi looks like he’s choking on something.

• carrierh says:

Abbasi looks unhappy for sure but it is time he and his country awake and stop teaching and creating killing parties such as Taliban, and others. We must stop giving our money to Pakistan so they learn that you are poisoning the well and we won’t clean it for you any more.

• Maquis says:

Abassi looks like something choked on HIM!

9. Too Real says:

President Trump laid it out. No misunderstanding on his speech.

10. Sam says:

I very much appreciate the 30,000 foot view that Sundance gives us. I tend to get caught up in the weeds, which is not the way to understand Donald Trump’s strategery. (GWB’s malapropisms were funny yet understandable so I still use them. His performance as POTUS left a LOT to be desired but he was a globalist.)

I look forward to watching POTUS’s plans unfold. He knows he can win if he doesn’t care who gets the credit. Asians and Arabs are very caught up in saving face and honor.

11. val66 says:

“President Trump is not poking the mouse through the maze, rather he changes the location of the economic cheese and the mouse travel changes accordingly.”

This is / was how diplomacy, international relations, and foreign policy is supposed to work. Unfortunately, we haven’t had strategic or critical thinking diplomats in decades.

12. Abbasi doe not look like a “White Hat.”

13. fleporeblog says:

Folks I was always a lover of history. Had I known when I was in college that I would end up in education, I would have studied to become a history teacher. I would often say to myself that I wish I was alive during…… With our President doing everything humanly possible for us and our country, I feel like the luckiest person on the earth because I am alive to witness every magical second of it. I truly believe in my heart that future generations that were born after our President’s 8 years in office will be saying the same thing I use to say to myself when I was a kid. There is no amount of money 💰 you could pay me to not be around NOW to witness the Greatness of Our Lion 🦁!

Maybe when I retire in 11 years, I will stand on a corner and teach the Trump Doctrine to anyone willing to listen! Thank you God for giving us this gift when this country needed it the most!

14. citizen817 says:

A read of interest.

Minority Share of Russia’s State-Owned Oil Giant From Qatar

Quatar, under siege by Saudi Arabia, has sold its share in Rosneft to China ushering in a stronger Russian-Chinese oil alliance

Excerpt:
    Fast forward to today, and Qatar is suffering under heavy pressure from the Saudis blockading their business, the U.S. put stringent sanctions on European banks doing business with the Russian oil and gas sector, and China is being targeted by the Trump administration on multiple fronts.

• wheatietoo says:

Russia wants the price of oil to go back up.
      They desperately need it to go back up, because their economy has been suffering ever since it dropped below $70/barrel.

China wants oil. Period.
      They need it for their own domestic consumption.
      They also want to be a bigger player in the world oil-economy, instead of just a consumer.

So it’s no surprise that China would want to buy this share of Rosneft…or that they would over pay for it.

15. TheWanderingStar says:

PDJT always, always in every situation sets expectations and the bar of achievement high.
    Every. Single. Time. True Leadership.

16. lokiscout says:

Delivers what may well be one of the greatest speeches since Reagan’s “Tare Down this Wall”, has lunch, disengages from the UN and engages with the Middle East in one day! Shades of General Patton disengaging from a major battle in the middle of the winter and driving over 100 miles north to break out the 101st at the Battle of the Bulge. He not only quotes Patten he works like the “Glorious SOB”!

17. Founding Fathers Fan says:

If the lamestream media had been around back then, D-Day would have ended in defeat instead of victory.

18. TreeperInTraining says:

I’ve seen very little on this little tidbit:

Trump, The Peacemaker, warned the Saudi’s off a military move against Qatar.

Another endless ME war averted.

I’m sure the Nobel Comittee will be right on this.

• wheatietoo says:

Not much of a surprise though…since T-Rex has been calling for an end to the blockade, for a couple of months now.

We’ve got a base in Qatar.
      We also know that some of the Qatar Princes have been sponsoring terrorists…for years…while claiming they are ‘innocent’.

I suspect that there are many things going on that are not as they seem.

19. americalsgt says:

Never saw it before, but there was an ad for Qatar. At the end they said please lift the sanctions

20. itsy_bitsy says:

Media isn’t just wrong, they are actually quite stupid! They have little grasp of world affairs and know even less about human behavior outside of their politically correct guidebook! They wouldn’t understand a brilliant geo-political strategy if it bit them on the a$$!

21. ALEX says: