August 23rd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #216

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,417 Responses to August 23rd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #216

1. Nchadwick says:

Rep. Yvette Clarke Dodges Questions About Imran Awan

WOW!

• Your Tour Guide says:

Here’s one to throw out about the Awans:
      Did they have a role in picking who replaced DWS as head
      of the DNC during the primaries?

Have viewed who gave the most to the Awans numerous
      times. Far in excess of everyone else is one name. Marcia
      Fudge.

Admittedly, this is speculation. But DWS gets kicked out as
      the head of DNC. ‘Ol Debbie is ate up with brokering deals
      for the Awans. So, the Dems have to pick somebody new
      to take Debbie’s place. The person that is in line right behind
      Debbie in getting money to the Awans gets the nod.

Another dog walking morning moment. Anybody else thought
      this?

2. citizen817 says:

• I have been researching this rally
      Jason Kessler was the organizer .He is either FBI or a George Soros plant.
      He was with Occupy Wall Street
      He put together and united various groups and at the end put in a couple real out there characters like the Chandler guy the media was hawking .
      The various groups had ranging and different opinions .
      Some were just upset with stuff like Google misusing the H1b immigration and lying to govr t.They were complaining about the campus tribunals for sex assault
      One girl was going to speak on the Genocide in South Africa
      Well now guess what Jason Kessler got them listed as terrorists .t
      UtR is Now terrorist group.
      He even thru some pudding on the top by Tweeting out about the victim that disgusting tweet.

Jason Kessler put together the perfect George Soros birthday party complete with death and mayhem
      Wonder if Old Georgie is behind the stand down order.
      Bye the way the car crash is being looked at by several guys online , there is something hinky there.
      The drone overhead that took the pictures was owned by
      Crowds on Demand
      The car crash was a staged event that went terribly wrong
      The killers facebook page with Nazi and pepe went up the day before and then come down
      There are indications that Mom’s car was bought the same day as the killers they would have been licensed at same time V?? 1111 her was same prefix v?? 1122
      People have commented on consecutive plates , just the processing time to be entered makes the 11 difference
      Maybe mom wanted something out of this too

Lastly the expert driving when this guy went in reverse how many people can drive that speed in reverse .No videos got a picture of the driver .The two on the drivers side either did not point at him or the girl deliberately put her fingers over the camera
      Who holds a cell phone picture with your fingers over the top.

I hope Jefferson Sessions will do his job and get to the bottom of this

• Oh by the way the purpose of the rally was to link Bannon and alt Right Mainstream to Nazis and lesson his influence see my previous postss

I Never bought into the false flag thing , and I dont believe the crash was a false flag , but I believe was a staged .
        I believe the poor unsuspecting woman was just another Useless idiot sacrificed for the Cause ?
        I m beginning to wonder about these false flags now.
        A Guy online who is reviewing the crash as staged has bern having his video shut down by you tube

• Your Tour Guide says:

The thing about the car(s) that keep troubling me is that
          someone posted the kid that got arrested’s Ohio car registration.

His car was a SE model Challenger ( lower trim line, V-6 engine).
          The car they show in the crowd appear to be an RT model
          (higher trim line, Hemi v-8).

3. USA loves Melania says:

Looking at photos and comparing their heights relative to Donald and Melania, it appears that Barron Trump, when he was 8 years old, was already taller than Little George Stumpedonopolis.

• farmhand1927 says:

Little George and his wife, after the election, reportedly were looking at homes in Australia because they couldn’t stand living in an America where Donald Trump was President. Like all the rest of their mindset, they lie and they think the world will be moved by their bleeding hearts, rush to their sides and beg them not to go. It’s all about them, all the time.

Barron Trump is being raised to be honest, thoughtful, caring and decent which by comparison diminishes Little George even more.

• kp3ace says:

Small minds, small stature came to mind when I read that. Stephanopoulos, that is.

4. nimrodman says:

PresTrump trolled the media heavily tonite by focusing long and hard on his initial Saturday 8/12 statement on Charlottesville. Most heavily by not mentioning the “on many sides” passage.

So what have media absolutely erupted about?
    ”He didn’t mention “on many sides!!! He left out the part about “both sides!!!”

I watched it on the panel discussions and have seen a few print headlines and I’m sure there’s plenty of twitter.

They’re going to go back to the well on this issue, thinking they’ve got a lock on it.

But they don’t.

Recall that on that first day there was very little news coverage yet about the lefties fighting righties, both armed with clubs and shields and such.

The early news was dominated by the car-plow incident that killed a young woman. That’s all that was being covered except for “neo-nazies!!!”.

So people got only a partial picture of the day, including GOPe soft-skulls like Ryan and Graham and McCain and Romney who all jumped ship immediately and denounced Trump, going along with the media outcry like good little traitors.

Since then, people have seen more about antifa throwing rocks and pi$$ bottles at police in Boston and again tonite in Phoenix.

The average Joe now knows lots more about these antifa varmints.

So the media won’t be able to go back to the well on Charlottesville and have it be an unchallenged “win” anymore.

Watch – they’re going to overplay their hand.

• nimrodman says:

… sorry, thought I did a “close bold” after “both sides”

• KBR says:

They overplayed already.
      POTUS reread his prepared. Remarks.
      He just did not include all his great answers to press questions.
      “Many sides” was in an answer to a question.

They are Losers and fakenews.

• nimrodman says:

Great catch, KBR, and thanks for informing us. I keep files on this stuff and that’s going in. Already had to shut down a friend claiming PresTrump stated that “both sides” were responsible for the car-plow death. I said “show me where he said that; here are transcripts”.

• indiamaria2020 says:

It was a delightful “fireside chat.” Thank you POTUS.

• Kristin says:

The Average Joe came out of the Convention Center last night and saw close up ( too close) who this scum is. We had to walk right next to them as we exited. We skipped under a yellow do-Not-cross tape and were able to slip away.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

They have overplayed:
      They HAVE to denounce Antifa, or appear to be what they accuse the President of being.

THIS is why I am emphasizing: share the real Antifa: violent Anti-American revolutionaries, not just a local citizens group of people honestly voicing their grievances.

The criticism of the KKK is that they are cowards, that they hide in the shadows, that they operate by fear and intimidation, and the Powers That Be will not go after them.

Antifa = Same.

While KKK has a right to their beliefs and free speech, press, and assembly, I am all for LEO going after anybody, KKK or Antifa, once they start hitting, singling out and mobbing up with intimidation on someone, throwing rocks or spraying opponents with tear gas, etc.

5. JM Covfefe says:

And there it was. Sitting right on the top of the YGBFM bucket:

“Judge prepared to order first DREAMer deported under Trump back to U.S. to make his case”

“U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel said he needs to hear first-hand from Juan Manuel Montes, 23, to rule on the undocumented immigrant’s claim that he was deported illegally by border agents.”

“Curiel ordered the attorneys back to court Wednesday to set a schedule for a trial and to announce whether he will order the Department of Homeland Security to return Montes,”

Curiel? Where have I heard that name before? Oh yeah:
    “This spring, Curiel approved a settlement for President Trump to pay $25 million to end the lawsuits by students who said they were defrauded.”

Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here!
    (Oh wait, I am just Scott…)

• wheatietoo says:

Haa…I was thinking the same thing, as I first read the name ‘Curiel’.
      “That name is familiar, could that be that La Raza judge?”

Then, sure enough, you answered my question.

That La Raza judge should be impeached.
      He’s using the power of the bench for his own political agenda.

6. progpoker says:

Only 217 comments tonight. Last night I learned here that the comments are slow when President Trump breaks a promise and his base is angry with him. I always thought y’all were sleeping.
    #WhatDoIKnow

7. citizen817 says:

8. JM Covfefe says:

New article up at 38North. “Bad History”

Long read, interesting perspective, Clinton to present. I read with a suspicious eye. 38N seems very liberal bend lately, and is publishing almost daily opinion pieces, unlike the recent and distant past.

I haven’t read the political bias book ( a libprog favorite?) “Officials and Reporters” 1973 by same Leon V Signal, but he has written a lot of DPRK articles since then, all with the same push as this piece.

Some of y’all might want to peruse this, albeit sceptically. Some truth can be found in everything, even if buried in deception.

tldr; press lies, Bush bad, l’ill kimmy just wants to get along with US.

9. Dora says:

10. wheatietoo says:

11. Just Scott says:

Whoa! Gotta be careful of them rabbit holes. 1973 “Reporters and Officials” by Leon V Sigal is included in an appendix of 1980 “The Whole World is Watching: mass media in the making & unmasking of the new left” by Todd Gitlin, Berkeley.

From 15 minutes or so of skimming, it looks like a 290 page SDS playbook/long term plan for mass manipulation. (Students for a Democratic Society, 1960 New Left, see wiki). Here is a taste of the table of contents: Organizational Crisis; Certifying Leaders and Converting Leadership to Celebrity; Inflating Rhetoric and Militancy; Elevating Moderate Alternatives; Contracting Time and Eclipsing Context; Broadcasting and Containment; Media Routines and Political Crises

Scary stuff. An acid-inspired voice from the past talking about creating today’s headlines. I’d bet good gild that O’bummer memorized a few chapters.

Full online book: https://books.google.com/books?id=SMtHxaYV-UcC compliments of Google, of course.

BTW: Written by the 1963-1964 president of SDS…

12. PDQ says:

Did y’all hear the President say, Ant-Tee-Fa
    My favorite line of the night…

Wondering of he knows about the petition.

13. james23 says:

Just saw a funny video on FnF. Leftist nut “protester” kicks a tear gas canister at the Cops and gets shot in the nutz with rubber bullets for his “activism.”
    Laugh Riot!

14. Dora says:

I wouldn’t have expected any other reaction, but notice how the words “Civil War’ keep coming into the conversation. I think they want one.

15. wheatietoo says:

Does anyone know if this “Boston Antifa” is the real deal…or a parody account?

Reason I was asking, is because it is being passed around as real…and pointed to as “making a threat against America”.

Like this:

16. wheatietoo says:

This has gone viral overnight.

There is even a graphic of it:

17. http://www.independentsentinel.com/get-cnnblackmail-advertisers/

Here is a list of who advertises on CNN. I suggest you read it.

Today, I am going to take a little break from the CTH. We are in a little bubble too. I am going to use my time instead to call CNN’s sponsors, and let them know that I will never ever buy their products again, that I will encourage my friends and family to do the same, because America matters more than their rubbish products.

CNN last night were disgusting, apparently. They accused Trump of starting a civil war, say he is mentally unfit, and were non stop shouting racist. I am therefore going to do something a little more constructive. I will be back later to tell you how my phone calls went.

Please do the same, and please ask others to do so too. It will be really worth it.

• thetrain2016 says:

Why not just boycott CNN? Sponsors learn fast about shrinking revenues, because of failed advertising…

• G. Combs says:

Also helps to tell the sponsors WHY! When I had to answer consumer complaints we figured ONE letter = 100 silent people walking away so we took those letters VERY seriously.

This BTW is where the left beats conservatives because they are organized and have TRAINED students to do this.

18. Dora says:

19. wheatietoo says:

Haaaa…”Little George”.

20. realcapedcrusader says:

Done with all Pro sports except Golf, and Tennis. Didn’t watch one NFL, or NBA game last year, and won’t watch any this year. Also, totally done with ESPN.

21. wheatietoo says:

22. 804hokie says:

So I take it the base didn’t enjoy the rally last night and has abandoned President Trump?

/s

MAGA!

• indiamaria2020 says:

Priceless…..You bet, every time Trump opens his mouth “the base” abandons him….You think they mean “ToxicTed” CON-servatives when “they” say “the base?”. Heck, they were NEVER Trump’s base,,,,,

23. Delilah says:

Whoa boy, but the swamp is SPITTING MAD this morning….bwhahahahahahah. I love it!!

24. wheatietoo says:

Burgess Owens blasts the Dems real good here:

25. Dora says:

26. GOOD MORNING Treepers!!!!
    Was that Rally last night one for the Ages!!!
    Oh My—Yes it was!
    Afterwards, I retired to bed, I honestly wanted to hear what the Enemedia was saying.. (CNN)..
    I’m going to try to list everything I remember what the Insufferable Don Lemon & the Traitorous Panel said…
    President Trump, was playing Himself to be the *Victim*, re: C-ville..
    PT45–> “Unhinged”
    PT45 looking for a way OUT of Presidency
    PT45 Doesn’t want the Job, (looking for a way out via the 25th Amendment)
    PT45 is a LIAR
    PT45 should be Impeached–>via the 25th
    PT45 formenting “division”
    PT45 fermenting “Civil War”
    PT45 is RACIST
    PT45’s BASE is RACIST
    PT45 Rallies are Only support He has, re: Racists support
    PT45 trying to “Rewrite History”…
    Veiled threats against PT45 (via Clapper)
    Whole Panel et al. pushing the 25th Amendment, as “dementia” which then Morphed into just plain CRAZY & wants out of Presidency…
    PT45 played “Victim Card”.. re: Attacking McCain whom has “Brain Cancer”…
    PT45 didn’t mention nothing about the Naval accident= He is Crazy..
    He has the mind of a Child..
    Many, MANY suggestions & referrals of Civil War..
    (I then at the Misses insistence, had to Turn the TV channel, where-as I turned the TV back to Fox, which was re-airing the Rally, THAT Made the Misses very Happy.. 😉 ) I’m positive the Misses loves President Trump MORE than She does yours Truly, but that’s ok, I know She has great taste in .. well you get the idea..
    I could go on, I won’t Insult the good Folks here in the Treehouse..
    What I watched last night, Just re-ignited My Cold Anger, to new Heights..

Here is a short sample..

27. kp3ace says:

Can you believe the headline?
    “Trump administration halts coal mining health study
    But then it goes on to say, “The Trump administration is dedicated to responsibly using taxpayer dollars and that includes the billions of dollars in grants that are doled out every year by the Department of the Interior,” the statement said.
    Despite the Interior Department’s request to half the study, the NAS plans to go ahead with preliminary public meetings in the Appalachia area, which is allowed under the agreement, in hopes it will move forward.

28. dogueluv says:

Scott Adams: CNN interviews Congresswoman Jackie Speier on why Trump is (literally) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFMgCsAS_C0 crazy

29. getfitnow says:

FTA – In an unannounced trip to Iraq, a country that has seen horrific war and terrorism over the last decade, Secretary of Defense General James Mattis was making a statement. Mattis wasted no time getting to the point of his trip: announcing the imminent death and destruction of ISIS.

What a novel concept. Wipe out the people who are committed to killing us.

30. NC Mom says:

Franklin Graham’s prayer last night was AWESOME! A total sense of peace settled over me as I listened. Loved that he acknowledged his Mother having taught him to pray. A reminder of the role a God fearing Mom plays in the life of her children. God bless Franklin, PDJT and the USA. Dear Lord, keep us all safe and mindful of YOU.

31. duchess01 says:

WHITW HOUSE LIVE – 08/23/2017

2:00 PM EDT
    President Trump Gives Remarks to the National Convention of the American Legion
    Reno, NV

2:40 PM EDT
    Vice President Pence Holds a Listening Session with Venezuelan Exiles, Activists & Community Leaders
    Doral, FL
    Audio Only

4:20 PM EDT
    Vice President Pence Delivers Remarks to the Community
    Doral, FL
    Audio Only

32. duchess01 says:

In case you missed it…

WHAT’S HAPPENING – 08/22/2017

33. MeanWhile, While We were being Mega MAGAed last night..
    At UNC-ChapleHill/Durham….
    * Chapel Hill, N.C. — A student was arrested along with other protesters when about 800 people gathered at McCorkle Place on Tuesday night to demand the removal of the Silent Sam Confederate statue from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.*
    Domestic Terrorist(s),, cough, cough, I mean Protesters then Pummeled the crap out of a Paddy Wagon, & setting in the street blocking the Road. Trying to get LEO to release those arrested…

• Liberty says:

I wonder if the SJWs over at Duke University will ever bother to check their history on the founder? They’d surely get triggered.

• JohnP says:

Silent Sam – Erected in 1913 as a monument to the 321 alumni of the University who served in the Confederate Army during the Civil War, this statue is known by students as Silent Sam. Although the soldier holds a rifle, it is silent because he wears no cartridge box for ammunition. The university continued operation during the Civil War, thanks to President Swain’s reliance on wounded veterans and men who were exempt from military service.

Fifty-six alumni died in the Civil War, fighting what they believed was an invasion by a hostile enemy. If ANTIFA had one firing braincell and any knowledge of history they would realize that those students and alumni that the statue commemorates thought they were in a sense….ANTIFA.

34. Trumps’ plan to drain the swamp endangered?
    An unfalsifiable source, close to power, disclosed to me the lefts secret strategies to save the swamp.
    1- Have one of their Enviromarxist groups sue Trump,
    and claim that draining the swamp will pollute the surrounding environment with toxic DC Swamp water.
    2- Have another one of their nonprofit originations, sue Trump under the Endangered Species Act,
    and claim that many of the creatures in the swamp, only exist in DC and would be endangered. /s

35. burnett044 says:

seems everyone wants to be a special interest….and are offended by something..

36. G3 says:

Lt. Col. Tony Scafner did a excellent segment on Fox and Friends about former Obama NSI James Clapper – The Liar- showing up on CNN last and speaking about the President’s mental fitness — post video when it/ if it comes available.

37. Apfelcobbler says:

I’ve been out of it with medical problems lately and may have missed others discussing this. So if this is old news, please forgive me.

Did anyone ever discuss the first Klan rally (July 8th) in Charlottesville? I never saw a peep about this. Essentially, Antifa had an unsuccessful dress rehearsal at this first rally, as residents recount:

It’s also worth reading the first dozen or so comments, as they give a candid portrayal of events … some foreshadowed the second rally a month later.

• litenmaus says:

apfelcobbler, the May 14th ‘equality’ rally is also of interest. This rally also has signs of ‘dress rehearsel’.

On May 14th Jason Kessler was charged with disorderly conduct. Yes, folks, Jason Kessler was charged for using a bullhorn at an equality rally. This charge stayed open and not reported as being dismissed until August 21, 2017.

Another interesting fellow shows up at the May 14th rally, and he’s charged with disorderly conduct for spitting on Jason Kessler. His charges will be dismissed in six months if he “stays out of trouble” and he was ordered to say away from Jason Kessler.

His name is Jordan Mcniesh. He was part of the Occupy Charlottesville movement until he was arrested and jailed for possession of marijuana. Jordan Mcniesh was also arrested in December of 2016 for Driving Under the Influence.

And lest we forget Charles Best who was also arrested for throwing an “object” and injuring a police officer during the May 14th rally..

It really is fascinating to see the building of a narrative wherein the objective was to label Jason Kessler as the leader of a White Supremacist, Racist, Bigoted national movement.

• StormyeyesC says:

Another shakedown of taxpayers funds using the police as the poison. Then the funds get funneled to the very same people that caused, enabled and orchestrated this farce .They did it in Ferguson, and so many other places. A small but LOUD percentage of the population is holding the majority hostage

38. Thank The Lord! Bundy Ranch standoff trial ends with zero guilty verdicts!

“Jurors dealt government prosecutors a stinging defeat in the case when, after four days of deliberations, they returned not-guilty verdicts on the most serious charges and deadlocked on a handful of others.

Richard Lovelien of Oklahoma and Steven Stewart of Idaho were acquitted on all counts and walked out of court Tuesday night free after spending more than a year in prison.”

39. Congrats to the Bundys. They stood up to the thieves of the @BLMNational @BLMOregon and were victorious. #Bundytrial #bundyranch

40. youme says:

41. budmc says:

• fangdog says:

IMO, Trump is smart continuing to point out the biased media. There are more and more people being informed as to the intentional media propaganda not being American citizens best interest. Even an average idiot libtard gets to the point of being tired being played an idiot fool.

42. decisiontime16 says:

Healthcare….”only one vote away”. Big dig on McCain in Arizona as everyone knows who casted the final no vote.

43. Eric Kennedy says:

For those of us who went to bed after the rally, did the Trump supporters get through the riot OK? Did the police handle them?

44. JohnP says:

Missouri State Senate removes Chappelle-Nadal from ALL committee assignments.
    Previously, Chappelle-Nadal was a member of eight committees: veterans and military affairs; public assistance; seniors, families and children; judiciary and civil and criminal jurisprudence; government accountability; education; health and pensions; and public employee retirement.

45. georgiafl says:

Did you notice President Trump said the A word last night?

Trump called out ANTIFA by name. That’s all he said.
    It was a mocking, sarcastic tone.
    A knowing tone.
    Trump is baiting them.

Trump knows they are hired agitators/provocateurs and the actors playing ‘Nazis’ are hirelings as well.

The agitators and their organizers should be very scared.

So should the Obama, Clintons, McCain, $0r0$ and their various minions.

46. Lyn says:

Don’t hate me for this, but I watched a few moments of CNN this morning. They played audio of Hillary reading from her soon to be released new book. The excerpt was talking about how Donald “invaded her space” during a debate and how she felt violated by this “creep.”

Interestingly, as the audio of her reading this excerpt was rolling, they showed a video of the incident. As we all know, she had actually walked over into his space and was standing right next to his chair.

After CNN played the clip, I waited to see if any of the CNN anchors or pundits would be honest and acknowledge that she was lying about him invading her space given that the video just showed it. Well, they didn’t let me down. They supported her story that he had invaded her space and then proceeded to talk about how men try to make women feel uncomfortable in the workplace, etc.

Wish I could find a video clip of this.

47. blessdog says:

breitbart.com has gone FULL ON attack mode on The President

there is now ZERO difference from the thug puppet attack dog alphabet deep state “liberal” media

that’s ZERO

in fact, 90 percent of their articles cite unnamed sources, or more typically The FAILING NYT, WAPO, AP or Reuters as the basis for their “reporting…PITIFUL

and that dopey article at the daily caller yesterday trashing Baron Trump for dressing like a normal 11 year old? good grief

conservative partisan hypnotized ideologues and partisan hypnotized dopey “liberal” ideologues are now doing equal damage to the President, his agenda, The American Taxpayer, freedom and the constitution….

STAND STRONG

MAGA!!

• blessdog says:

OK – looking at the daily caller, they’ve gone full attack dog on the President too – how pitiful that conservative ideologues are elevating their own, tiny, personal agendas over the President’s battle for the SOUL of America!

ex: “Only 36 Percent Of Voters Agree With Trump’s ‘Many Sides’ Comments”
      FAKE POLL clickbait Trump hit piece