Black Death Resurfaces in Multiple Northern Arizona Counties…

The plague, also known as “the Black Death” killed somewhere between 75 and 200 million people as a result of international trade, commerce and transnational shipping. The disease was thought to be spread by fleas and parasites carried by rats.  The global population took over 400 years to recover.

Deadly Arizona Parasites

ARIZONA – Officials in two Arizona counties are warning the public after fleas in the region tested positive for the plague, the infamous infectious disease that killed millions during the Middle Ages.

Navajo County Public Health officials confirmed on Friday that fleas in the area have tested positive for the rare disease. The public health warning follows a similar notice from Coconino County Public Health Services District in Arizona warning of the presence of plague in fleas found there too.

Both counties are situated in the northern part of Arizona.

“Navajo County Health Department is urging the public to take precautions to reduce their risk of exposure to this serious disease, which can be present in fleas, rodents, rabbits and predators that feed upon these animals,” the public health warning states. “The disease can be transmitted to humans and other animals by the bite of an infected flea or by direct contact with an infected animal.”

Officials also urged persons living, working, camping or visiting in these areas to take precautions to reduce their risk of exposure, including avoiding sick or dead animals, keeping pets from roaming loose, and avoiding rodent burrows and fleas. (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, History, Infectious Disease. Bookmark the permalink.

259 Responses to Black Death Resurfaces in Multiple Northern Arizona Counties…

1. fleporeblog says:

What a disgusting photo of that Monster! The flea looks so innocent next to Lucifer.

• pac7071 says:

You’re right on that.

• Yes, and quite a shame it is that the official Arizona notice put out had not one specific warning about him…

• KRs2 says:

Now wait. I dislike McCain as much as the next person, but this is disgraceful and totally beneath Sundance. The friggin’ man has a brain tumor and obviously had some type of surgery. I get the humor intended, but at the very least use a photo without the surgical incision Or bet yet, show some tact and omit his picture all together. There is a literal cesspool of politicians to choose from. Why beat on a guy who’s going to get permanently beaten by cancer.

• rf121 says:

Because he earned it!

• Lack is not all says:

I myself, dont believe that because a person is sick or dying he can get away with all the bad things he did in life. I hated all the homage done after the traitor Edward Kennedy died. Dead or alive he was a traitor. I will hate the funerals of Bill Clinton if I have to endure all the false pretenses. Similar to traitor Mc Caine.

• KRs2 says:

No one is suggesting to let him off the hook. Only to demonstrate a little CLASS.

• rf121 says:

When he does, I will.

• Alexsandra says:

KR, if hypocrisy is class, I chose not to have it.

• nuthinmuffin says:

his healthcare vote was disrespectful to 10’s of millions suffering economic ruin because of obamacare…he said he would vote for repeal for 8 years, then came back after his surgery specifically to vote it down. he shows no respect…i give no respect. he’s the reason we wound up with obama in the first place

• Remington..... says:

Ok…how about the class that he possess…third. class

• Rebcalintx says:

Krs2, your entitled to your opinion so is Sundance.

• Dennis Leonard says:

KRs2
            Sir ,no one forced you to read or look at the picture,get over it.

• KRs2 says:

Ma’am, I happen to read all of CTH articles. I expect better from Sundance. Get over it.

• Covfefe-USA says:

Then you surely have read the article and seen the photos of McInsane with the ISIS boys. Then you’ve surely read multiple comments by CTH regular commentators – some of whom seem to have been from the Vietnam ear – how he earned the name ‘Songbird’; then you’ve surely read how he abandoned his first wife, dying of cancer – and how Nancy Reagan refused to have him at the WH. Then you’ve surely read how he – as a veteran – he never did anything to alleviate the intense dysfunction at the VA, nor the intense suffering of our honorable veterans. Then you’ve surely read how he gleefully cast a determining vote against the Repeal – something that would have started to help millions of your fellow Americans – while for years proclaiming that was what he would do. That photo is the picture of Dorian Grey. It sums up all of the years of his corruption.

• KRs2 says:

Despite the constant negative responses, Covfefe, I am still left curious as to what is so difficult for you feet-stomping, drama-filled commenters to understand? Perhaps if I express my opinion in all caps, it will be more clear?

THIS ARTICLE IS IN POOR TASTE.

Did that help?
                  While I appreciate your long comment apparently aimed at what? Putting me in place for expressing my opinion? Puffing out your chest while you attempt to show off your knowledge? I don’t know, but it is of little relevance to the opinion I’ve expressed.

• mike says:

He’s still voting.
            Although he may be sick, I wouldn’t bet my last dollar he’s as terminal as stated…

This reminds me of my mom’s boyfriend – super con artist, formerly charming always a pathological liar, always inflating medical notes that he was dying for sympathy and money. Outlived a lot of people including my mom by years and with them, damaged a lot of lives.

Lifetime frauds aren’t making mischief until they are in the f’g ground. No sympathy for McC here. PS We have serious cancers on laughably shrunken insurance too, so I’m not interested in his “terminal cancer card”.

• Apparently you are not aware of the storied history of political mockery in our great nation, going back to the founding fathers who went at it hammer and tongs in the press.

• NJ Transplant says:

Maybe you should go on another site. If Sundance is so disgraceful to you, you don’t belong here. Sundance has plenty of CLASS.

• NewNonna!!! says:

Please, don’t forget his fugly wife’s too. God help me.

And I’m sorry, McCain is one of the ugliest men alive not because of his illness, or from having had surgery, but because his evil soul is evident on his external countenance.

JUST like o’stinkass and company. I can’t stand to look up even a picture of ANY of them.

Instead, I prefer advise from St Paul to the Philippians:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think on these things.

• F D says:

If McCain is an unbeliever, granted it doesn’t look good judging by his works, he will face the worst fate, God’s judgement and the lake of fire.

• MasterDiver says:

I’ve already planned the flowers I plan to send. Their meanings include Traitor, Liar, and Hypocrite.

• Lighten up Francis, mcblackdeath is a TRAITOR who couldn’t care less if you live or die, though I believe he may actually have a preference…

• KRs2 says:

Why don’t u lighten up, Huckleberry. I don’t disagree. I simply think there’s something to be said for exercising discretion.

• Sentient says:

You’re outvoted. You want class? How’s about this – I hope he dies soon. The sooner the better.

• Alexsandra says:

KR, if you were interested in class and exercising discretion, you would not be repeat-posting and replying over and over to every person who disagrees with you. So try a little class and discretion, that would be my suggestion.

• kp3ace says:

People are suffering because of people like McCain. They’re angry because he is the reason they’re suffering financially and medically. I don’t blame them. I hope that piece of excrement has a painful death. I hope bad things happen to him and his ilk.

• doogiesblog says:

KRs2
            I think we have exercised discretion for too long. That’s how we got into this mess. While we stay quiet, our country is sliding downhill. Speak out! Change the narrative! Stop being the nicey-nice victim! No time to parrot your mother’s rules for good boys & girls.

• KRs2 says:

I see little difference between this article and the antics of D list celebrity Kathy Griffin. This is extremely distasteful, that was disgusting and outlandish. Sundance has a platform, maybe not as far-reaching as msm, but a platform nonetheless. Keep the standards high and the reporting sound. No ground is gained when you become just like those you oppose.

• If you see little difference between this post and what d list kg did, you need to take off the politically correct lenses that “they’ve” taught you to wear… snowflake. A slight bit of humor now and then does not make SD or anyone here anything like those opposed, unless of course one is working from the histrionic angles of (again) political correctness.

• Fe says:

Shame on you for even suggesting the McCain picture is no different than Griffin’s act of horror. This traitor has sold out the forgotten men and women of the US of A in favor of his ISIS sweethearts and globalist donors. He threw the millions suffering under OCare under the proverbial bus and then backed up over them for good measure. Did ya notice how he rushed back from having a very serious brain surgery to cast his NO vote and then slam down on the American people with his ridiculous comments from the Senate floor? Shame on him. He is a cancer on this nation. Is it Sundance’s fault this monster made himself available to having his picture taken in his condition? Nope, it’s all on McCain. He is a fake, a fraud and only cares about himself & his donors. I suggest you move along and post your opinions elsewhere.

• KRs2 says:

Fe, I find this article in the same category of Poor Taste as those antics mentioned. I also think w/few reputable outlets available to conservatives, it’s imperative to hold the ones we do have to a high standard. It’s not about being PC, Fe and TheHumanCondition, it’s about maintaining a degree of professionalism so as not to diminish our voice and/or message. None of this means I like McCain or am unaware of his many infractions. Shame on you, Fe, for attempting to shame a dissenting view and suggesting I should not voice my opinion here. You are a poser if that is your stance.

• I think we have sugar coated the dialog long enough where the likes of outright traitors are concerned. We’ve allowed political correctness to kill healthy and free discussion, humor and sanity at times as well. No thanks.

~Not Your Huckleberry

😉

• bentley1blog says:

And let’s not forget that McLame has been the US Senator in AZ for many, many years. How many vets pleaded with him to do “something” about the VA here. Did he lift a finger to jump in to rectify the corruption going on in that cesspool thriving on our tax dollars while killing our vets due to lack of medical care? All he did was send out form letters telling those brave soldiers good luck in their pursuit. I live in AZ and believe me I’ve seen it first hand. Karma is a bitch!

• peace says:

He denied others from cancer TX and other types of healthcare by casting a “no” vote and thus prevented the repeal of the deadly cancerous tumor known as Obamacare. He is evil and mother nature stepped in and imposed a term limit.

• JSBachLover says:

I agree, KRs2. Not cool.

• Bert Darrell says:

Where is proof that this traitor does have terminal cancer? He doesn’t behave like someone who has just a few more months to commit additional acts if treason.

• Personal Experience…ANYONE who gets cancer IN THE BRAIN, which is beyond the Blood-Brain Barrier CANNOT get chemotherapy because of the barrier…Hence A LOT OF RADIATION TREATMENTS…My late wife got breast cancer, moved to the cerebral bone, then into the brain, 6 MONTHS is all it took. There have been a few on CTH who have commented on this and we all say about the same thing.

• Chris says:

Your attitude is exactly why we continue to lose. No killer instinct. Are you a Zonie? McShame is a lowlife, scum sucking, royal piece of excrement. I cannot wait for the day when he begins his tenure in Hell. That, will be glorious. There will be a party in my house the likes of Inauguration Day!! Mimosas for all.

And, as for your attitude, you better have a reality check real quick because the country doesn’t have much more time left. Being the better person, more class, not stooping to their level has nearly cost us our Republic. Grow up and get angry. Cold anger.

• KRs2 says:

Chris, How about u worry about ur own attitude of complete indifference to another human being’s struggles instead of worrying about my understanding of our political problems. I do NOT believe in mocking someone who is in the midst of their ultimate battle. If THIS is what separates us, So Be It. Truly sad.

• We all die bubba, the best we can do is fight to the end, although many today think it’s best to surrender. Pushiness capped with ego anger is not an expression of cold anger it is the expression of an phony egg sucking do-gooder. The road to hell is paved with self-righteous intentions.

• paulraven1 says:

Spare us the banal piety. McCain’s “ultimate battle” is his own affair. You want to make it yours, go ahead. But the people here are discussing decades of often vicious and petty political duplicity, dishonesty and even possible treason. These are acts against all of us, against the country we love, and this raises the issue way beyond pity for some sick old man.

• pawatcher says:

McCain, like the rest of US, has been in the “ultimate battle” since the day he was born. A terminal illness just lets him know it’s reality: death is near.
            He chose to return to DC to vote against US: that’s hatred/malice: he should have stayed with his family in prayer instead of seeking revenge for Our vote for Trump.

• bentley1blog says:

When I hear about McShame and Teddy Kennedy thoughts of much, much better men and women come to mind such as our military who are fighting everyday and loosing their young lives in battle. Those are the ones I care about. They had no chance to live their lives. Those worthless creatures mentioned above have gone beyond the limit. No sorrow from me.

• Alexsandra says:

If McCain had taken the high road and quietly without harm to others tended to his illness and enjoyed the life he had left, that would be one thing. But instead the man has continued to blast POTUS without ceasing and, further, did not have regard for POTUS, his peers, and, most importantly, this country when he ruined an Obamacare repeal. By his behavior that adversely affect his countrymen even since learning of his cancer, he has earned and merits not sympathy but rebuke.

• joninmd22 says:

Because while McCain will get the covers best treatment for his cancer his support for single payer will consign those without political pull suffering from brain cancers to long waits and inadequate care in the future.

McCain is just slightly above the level of a peadophile and deserves to die in pain and disgrace.

• mopar2016 says:

Nonsense KRs2.
        McCain has been encouraging illegal aliens to cross through Arizona for decades.
        Drugs and crime come right along with them.
        And so do the diseases that the US had eradicated from our country years ago.
        Tuberculosis, Polio, and a whole lot more are now back.
        McCain is worthless and evil in my opinion and has been for years.

• kp3ace says:

Not only were we given Obamacare. We were also given additional diseases by illegal immigrants to aid in the spread of these diseases.

• kp3ace says:

Business Insider, January 28, 2017
            Two new cases of the plague have popped up here in the US. This week, the New Mexico department of health confirmed that a 52 year old woman and a 62 year old woman were hospitalized with cases of the plague.

• THE MAD RUSSIAN says:

Sorry…. McCain gets no pass….. he is evil!

• Plain Jane says:

I am an equal opportunity disdainer. I don’t like him, I hate what he is doing to our world, but I pray for him as I do for all the obstructionists. Just because the guy “supposedly” has cancer, doesn’t mean I have to treat him special. I pray he gets to heaven, and I pray for the conversion of all whomI love or can’t stomach. Cancer doesn’t make him special.

• El Torito says:

With the last vote on Healthcare, McCain finally took the mask off. There is no humor to it. McCain has zero compassion for anyone. Only a fool would feel sorry for him.

• KRs2 says:

Well then, color me a fool. I’d rather be foolish with compassion than filled with death and hatred, even in the most “justified” of instances.

• How would you like to be colored; crayon or enamel, temporary or tattooed? You bypass comments that thoughtfully put McCaine to rest and blindly continue to justify your thought process by using the word compassion to degrade those you disagree with. You’re the one that’s filled with hatred, by being so defensive, you don’t practice what you preach. Like the racists who exercise their demons by calling others racists.

• Dennis Leonard says:

KR,I bet you got one of those coxit stickers on the back window of that Prius yo drive?

• KRs2…guess everyone missed the Gospel of Jesus…”Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matt 19:24…

• boogywstew says:

“foolish with compassion” … better known as “ENABLING”!

• margarite1 says:

Didn’t he supposedly say …while laughing….after the vote “lets see Trump make America great again now”?

If that’s true he’s sicker than just cancer.

• Coast says:

McCain has looked like warm crap for a long time. The cancer and the surgical incision is just a minor point.

• John Matrix says:

…all i see is a very accurate photo of both parasites.

• darcy says:

KRs2:

At the top of the wrung where the most despicable politicians dwell there is little room for anyone else since John McCain fills the upper-most step. He is the King.

Your comment re the cesspool is not far off the beam, however: the swamp is deep and wide. But no one, IMO, sinks lower — you’ll have to excuse the mixed metaphors in this rant.

This person PRETENDED he was one of us, a hero, pro-life (to gain title of “conservative”), strong on defense (Raytheon anyone?). “Build the dang wall,” — oops, well not really. Gang of 14, etc. But enough of that!

HIs entire resume IS A SCAM. He’s still living. We can and must show him for what he is: deeply despised for his success at being the worst of the worst.

When he dies, we will shed no tears. We will not rejoice. We will say nothing. But in our hearts we will feel relief that another in the Ted Kennedy mold has been delivered up to his maker to give account. And BTW: it’s NOT TOO LATE for JM to turn from his wicked ways.

To find rest for his soul — but he’d better get at it because it seems his time may be short.

• Beverly says:

Because he and his pals are going to have MANY deaths on their hands: when Government Hellcare kicks in. Why should we be polite to him?

• tinkerthinker2 says:

Just think….he rose up with his shaky little cancer ridden brain and stabbed us all in the back…hopefully for the last time!

• shallbe4 says:

I don’t wish anyone bad health but if like John McCain you are in bad health its time to lighten up on people you hate. If McCain had voted for Repeal of Obamacare it might just have gone through. Its hard to be sympathetic toward John McCain when he is not up to being sympathetic toward the American People.

• AllOrNothing! says:

McStain, is that you? Are we upsetting you for expressing our justified disdain for that LIAR? If you want to cuddle with him, that’s your business. We can speak our own mind. MAGA!

• PNWLifer says:

KR – John McCain is evil personified which is why is precisely why this picture is perfect.

• linda7780 says:

This is getting ridiculous. No black death reported anywhere but Arizona? Sorry, but this is a hard pill to swallow.

• linda7780 says:

• MfM says:

He purposely appeared that way, without a covering to the incision. It was a way to gain sympathy.

• Rob says:

If the good die young, then perhaps the evil die old.

But dying doesn’t make them any less evil.

• ensitue says:

Leftist shill

• lcpusa says:

i’ll believe he has a brain tumor when he resigns or dies. until then i believe he is using the hillary tactic to avoid testimony about his “dossier”

• yy4u says:

I agree with KRs2. I despise no Republican the way I despise McCain, but this photo ought to be taken down. It looks to me as though he has a seventh nerve injury on the contralateral side of the incision which is what makes his features askew and gives him that demonic look. Attack the man for being the crooked, petty, small, bitter politician he is, but not his appearance. Take it down Sundance; you’re better than that.

• KRs2 says:

yy4u, You’ve said it best. Sundance has great insight, no need for him to resort to cheap shots little different than the Leftist-controlled Msm garbage we’re all sick and tired of seeing and hearing.

• NJ Transplant says:

McCain is continually trying to sabotage the President’s agenda. Sundance is absolutely right to run that picture.

I don’t believe you dislike McCain at all. Maybe you should find another place to comment if you are an apologist for McCain.

McCain was involved in the fake Trump dossier and was the catalyst for all this investigation of the President. McCain was not even a member of the senate intelligence committee but he had to insinuate himself onto that committee for the sole purpose of going after the President.

You would think that someone that sick wouldn’t be trying to screw Americans with their health coverage.

• deanbrh says:

Any civilized person going out in public, most especially one who KNOWS cameramen will be everywhere, would have covered the wound so as not to repulse people. But he is such an attention-hog!

• Jimmy Jack says:

McCain is a treasonous criminal.

• rf121 says:

Double post. Double response. Because he earned it!

• milktrader says:

Let’s call out disgraceful where it belongs. McCain is Lucifer. He is a war mongering, traitorous vile POS.

I believe I speak for 90% of the tree house.

• greenvalleygal says:

We have friends who live in Navajo County. This is worrisome. The only Trump Store in the USA is in Showlow, AZ Navajo County. Senator McCain is not immune from criticism because he is ill. McCain has been immune from criticism his entire life based on a lie- WAR HERO INDEED!. Time for the chickens to come home to roost.

• Freedom says:

While I can Relate to your sympathetic post about McCains photo, it is possible that his disfigurement is the representative of his inner soul, disfigured and twisted. It is the picture many of us will remember of his betrayal of America, so many times over.

• KRs2 says:

My Lord. You people are dramatic.

• Alexsandra says:

It appears to me you created the drama, repeated it, and continue to besmerch others who do not agree with you. Now that is where the drama is.

• KRs2 says:

AlexSan, if responding to the many posts directed to me (at least 3 or 4 of which are from You following me around) is “creating drama” , ok. And btw, it’s besmirch, genius.

• PNWLifer says:

KR – Can you not see your hypocrisy? You call for compassion for a vile creature who has killed, sung like a bird to our enemy while in captivity, misrepresented himself in more ways than I can count, lied to the American people effortlessly and endlessly and is probably guilty of treason. Then you disparage someone for a typo with childish name calling? Your moral compass is broken.

You initially appeared to want to be the morally superior commenter taking the high road. Good for you bro. Your choice. You’re free to have all the warm and fuzzy compassion for poor old cancerous McCain that you want. We however are free to have none for whom we believe a truly evil man in words and deeds.

But you weren’t content just feeling smug about your perceived sense of moral superiority, were you? You attacked those who disagreed with you over and over ramping up your inflammatory language as you did.

Maybe you didn’t intend to be a troll. I’ll show you some compassion by giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were only trying to be morally superior as you lectured us. But when you stooped to calling someone a “genius” for a simple typo you achieved troll status.

• ensitue says:

Sounds like a Civil War is brewing and some shills are eger to collect them ShareBlue Dollars

• KRs2 says:

Yeah. Ok. My point is and has been to keep the standards of reporting high rather than sinking to the level of your enemy. Thank you for your .01$ psychoanalysis, but it looks like you’re simply offering insight to yourself. You’re awfully “morally superior”
                  in this 4 paragraph rant. Bit of a hypocrite,
                  are you?

• mopar2016 says:

Dramatic? I don’t think so.
            Passionate and patriotic would be more like it.

Gullible and naive pop in every now and then too.

• Kristin says:

Mccain is broken.

• Chris says:

And just for good measure, I’ll repeat.

• fleporeblog says:

This man has singlehandedly tried to destroy our country! I have absolutely no pity for evil!

• Dennis Leonard says:

If you keep repeating ,it is not going change anyone.You appear to be someone who paints strips on a road,you figure out why I know

• paulinfl says:

Welcome to hell!!!

• Bless your heart, you’re making a mountain out of a little ol’ visual joke, then just keep piling it on. The article doesn’t even mention McCain, for goodness’ sake, and > he chose< to appear in public for photo-op with uncovered unsightly stitches! One can guess his motives….yours are more puzzling; CTH is an odd choice of venue for virtue signaling. Not to mention your strenuous defensive/offensive efforts thereof. The phrase "…doth protest too much…" comes to mind. Cursing and ad hominem attacks destroy any erstwhile credibility you may have possessed. Do you really think there are a lot of "millennial cucks" here (besides yourself)?

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m laughing helplessly. As soon as I saw that pic, I thought LUCIFER! And then I had to think for a few seconds, “Now, who is it that always calls McCain that?” I had just recalled it was you when I click on the comments and THERE YOU ARE! Hahahahaha!

He looks like evil incarnate in that photo.

• bkrg2 says:

thanks flep! I needed a good laugh today!

• dekester says:

The parasite rejected the Seniletar.

• Brenda Purington says:

I hate to judge someone by looks but since I first saw that picture I thought he looked like a demon.

• carrierh says:

fleporeblog, and right next to the other plague who has shown his true colors again and again. If he doesn’t pass away very soon, then arrest him as a traitor in more ways than one and more than once, and hang him.

• piper567 says:

y’know, the flea cannot help it its a flea.
      The Traitor made conscious choices..
      Pox on him.

• That is a picture of one of the most frightening life forms on earth; a blood sucker so dangerous to civilization as it spreads its disease…….then there’s the picture of the flea!

• Jedi9 says:

When I was reading this piece I was wondering if this was satire, seeing McShame’s picture!

• MAGA Happy Boy says:

Am I the only one who wishes McCain would put some dressing on his stitches when he is in public? Even Harry Reid had the decency to bandage up after his ass-whipping a few years back. While recognizing the healing effects of open air, polite company would not parade around with scabs and puss, and the mental image of McCain and Kasich sitting down for a meal makes me want to hurl. What would PDJT do?

• chichilouise says:

McCain is the plague.

• chrystalia99 says:

When I saw the picture, I hoped for just a moment it meant Mc Stain had been infected at some point. DRAT.

• Covfefe-USA says:

They’re the same – each bring death. McInsane looks down right sinister. Beyond creepy. Will cheer when he’s gone; and that day is quickly approaching.

2. Rodney Plonker says:

#BlackDeathMatters

3. hpushkin says:

Thanks for posting this. Those of us who live in New Mexico, AZ, etc. do keep in mind the issues with hantavirus, carried by rodents. Something more to worry about. https://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/index.html Here is a brief CDC writeup.
    Infection with hantavirus can progress to Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS), which can be fatal. People become infected through contact with hantavirus-infected rodents or their urine and droppings. The Sin Nombre hantavirus, first recognized in 1993, is one of several New World hantaviruses circulating in the US. Old World hantaviruses, including Seoul virus, are found across the world and can cause Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome (HFRS). Rodent control in and around the home remains the primary strategy for preventing hantavirus infection. All cases of Hantavirus infection are reported to the CDC.

4. Gil says:

So is mccain the parasite, the flea, or the rat?
    Any which way you stomp on it, exterminator required:

5. Sherlock says:

We have had periodic bubonic and pneumonic plague in CA since I was a kid (probably long before that as well). Usually on forest ground squirrels here (fleas again) but rats can also carry. At times, various campgrounds in the national forests have been closed for this reason.

• Gil says:

I found a dead k rat in my yard a few years ago, of all things. Endangered species just laying there. Poor thing was kind of cute. Occasional rats and mice, birds etc. With west nile, we have to be careful. Cant live inside a hamster ball though.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

There has been a reservoir of plague in prairie dogs in Colorado also, I think, for about as long as I can remember. It is treatable with current antibiotics, but still quite dangerous. At any rate, it is not new, and we get some cases from time to time.

• piper567 says:

Oregon has its small share, too, Sherlock.
      My B-I-L shoots ground squirrels rather than take the chance…inland, where its hot.

6. Beenthere says:

1st ebola, then zika & now the plague.We need to have a few good cold winters to kill/control these viruses & vermin. Better yet, bring back some DDT for only the short term.

7. Carrie says:

I’m not sure what is trying to be gained from this article. The fleas that carry Ysenia Pestis (the plague) is not a new thing in the Southwest. A few years ago there were two cases of hikers being bitten by this type of flea and contracting plague. I believe both were successfully treated.

8. Deb Foster says:

Is that flea cozying up to that big ole rat?

9. kinthenorthwest says:

Wow scary…
    This appears to be in the area of the reservations where the living conditions are not the best.
    From what I remember this would not be the first time that this disease has been problem in Arizona. If you google it ..you will find that just a few years ago it was a problem My ex who grew up in Arizona told me about it happening when he lived there in the 50s and 60s, but I just thought his memory wasn’t that great cause how could anything like the bubonic plague be in the US.

Video: The Black Death- Bubonic Plague in Arizona
    Behind the Lens
    Pat Shannahan, The Republic | azcentral.com Published 11:30 p.m. MT June 9, 2014

10. tgmccoy says:

Plague is fairly common antibiotics work well on human infections. It cycles in the American west. Coconio and Navajo counties contain some of my favorite places and people..
    Take care all..

• Harry Lime says:

Coconino County is where Ignatz mouse is from. I hope he had nothing to do with this.

The more you know…

George Herriman, creator of Krazy Kat (the greatest comic strip of all time), absolutely loved the Arizona landscape and used Coconino County as the setting for his brilliant surreal comic strip Krazy Kat. Ignatz was the mouse in the strip who repeatedly beaned Krazy Kat in the noggin with a brick.

I would love to visit Arizona some day…I have relatives there. You all stay safe flea free.

11. georgiafl says:

Here’s a map of cases of the plague in USA 1970-2012, which have occurred mostly in Western States:

12. Bendix says:

Another one of the costs of globalism that gets passed along to Americans. Americans who already have enough of a financial pit to dig themselves out of, thanks to our own government. We don’t need this.

• DoggyDaddy says:

Yeah, I wonder what other “undocumented” life forms are coming across our borders? Build the Wall!

• G. Combs says:

“I wonder what other “undocumented” life forms are coming across our borders?”

In 2008 I looked at the disease in imported cattle.
        Because of the World Trade Organization’s Agreement on Ag, and the “free trade” open borders policy that resulted, the USA by 2008 had imported BSE, tuberculosis, Blue tongue and cattle tick fever.

Brazil for example exported 212,907 carcasses in 2008. Brazil had a 2005 Foot & mouth disease outbreak, and also has cases of Vesicular stomatitis, Bluetongue (now found in USA) Lymphatic filariasis, Leishmaniasis, Onchocerciasis (River Blindness), and Trypanosoma cruzi.

Mexico (43,783 carcasses and 702,661 live cows exported) has tuberculosis, brucellosis “cattle tick fever,” Trypanosoma cruz, Vesicular stomatitis

Costa Rica (19,239 carcasses) has Naegleria fowler, Encephalitis, vesicular stomatitis viruses, Leptospirosis, Trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease)

Canada 841,242 carcasses and 1,581,303 live cows exported) has tuberculosis, BSE (both now found in the USA)

That does not include the diseases Obummer’s ‘DREAMERS’ spread throughout the USA.

2014 The stunning cuts to America’s budget to fight disease outbreaks

2014 Tuberculosis (TB): Illegal Immigrants Bring Serious New Threats
        ” […]Seventy-five percent of current illegal immigrants are coming from countries… where multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) is common and extremely widespread in children and adults. Extensively Drug Resistant TB (XDR-TB) is an even more serious form of TB accounting for about 10% of cases in these countries…

TB is second only to HIV/AIDS as the greatest killer worldwide due to a single infectious agent….

In the crowded, hot, humid detention centers, conditions are perfect for the spread of TB—as well as dengue fever, Chagas, Ebola, chicken pox, measles, mumps, whooping cough, scabies, and lice.

After exposure to TB, the incubation period can range from 2 to 12 weeks after a positive TB skin test. Long before this incubation period is over, illegal immigrants are being shipped to communities throughout the United States, risking major spread…

Border Patrol agents have already tested positive for TB…

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has downplayed the risks, but anonymous nurses and doctors from Lackland AFB have come forward to say that the government is covering up a serious public health threat. One health care worker was quoted saying: “The amount of tuberculosis is astonishing. The nurses are telling us the kids are really sick.”

Normally the CDC would be providing warnings and preventive steps for the public to take. This time, however, the CDC has been strangely silent. In fact, medical staff at detention centers have been threatened with criminal prosecution if they report these cases to the public or press. [….]

Now President Trump is left with this mess to clean up too.

13. Judith says:

That is one disgusting blood sucker. And the flea looks pretty creepy too.

14. US says:

Love the illustration! Wonder how many lives McCain will cost with his final vote in the Senate.

15. The Devilbat says:

The fleas probably caught the plague from McCain.

16. MK Wood says:

Hmmm…what’s worse. Isolated plague or 40% tested positiveTB carriers allowed to work in the food industry (SD, CA starbucks).

• Tested positive means positive for exposure to TB, not for having an active case of the disease. It’s extremely common for immigrants, including doctors and nurses from third-world countries, to test positive for exposure to TB. You just have to get a chest x-ray each year to monitor it. Very few will ever manifest the actual disease, and there is no risk of passing it along to others unless you have an active case.

Therefore, either an active plague case OR an active TB case would be worse. TB is more communicable. Plague is more lethal if untreated.

17. sobriquet4u says:

Both of those parasites go hand in hand and contribute to death. The reptilian species (left photo) of the two… is far more deadly. I was once in the PHX airport for an extremely early flight. I was practically alone in the terminal and decided to use the pay phone to call my office. (yes, shocking isn’t it and this was around 2007) when I encountered the reptilian (above photo on left) hunkered down secretly talking on a “pay phone”. (Me I can understand) Once I approached he quickly slammed the phone down and scurried off. This was an actual sighting of this reptilian shape shifter. I used another pay phone. Disclaimer: I do not take the article above lightly and sympathize with those who contracted the disease but DDT is not the answer for the “reptilian shape shifter.

18. Minnie says:

Law of Natural Selection

19. Donna in Oregon says:

Both McCain and the flea are a plague on society.

20. McCain is certainly a bug.

21. quintrillion says:

Which is the deadly parasite again? I fail to see the difference.

22. auscitizenmom says:

Uh, aren’t those “precautions” pretty much what we all do every day anyway?

23. TwoLaine says:

There has been another sighting.

24. Keln says:

Just want to point out that Y. pestis is a relatively common bacteria found all over the world and mainly in rodents (infected) and parasites such as fleas (vectors). While it can cause a very nasty disease (pneumonic/bubonic plague) in humans, the likelihood of an epidemic is incredibly low. Cases spring up now and again but most can be treated successfully with antibiotics.

The plagues of the past, such as the Black Death, depended on a host of factors, such as inadequate hygiene (made worse when certain clerics of the Catholic Church declared bathing bad because it opened people up to disease…leading to nearly 6 centuries of “Stinky Europe”), an almost complete lack of vermin control (rats, fleas, lice were simply part of everyday life in many places in Europe), no understanding of microbiology or the use of quarantine, increased urban density, a lack of sound medical knowledge, years of famine leading to malnutrition and compromised immune systems, and improper handling of refuse, waste, and corpses.

Those massive plagues were made possible because of a “perfect storm” of causes, and not just the existence of the bacteria or its carriers. So nobody should be freaking out about this. Just take the recommended precautions and you will likely never contract the associated diseases.

• Marygrace Powers says:

Keln – Middle paragraph pretty much describes NYC under De Blasio.
      He will go down as the absolute WORST Mayor of NYC./DISGRACE.

Add Morning Naps To List of Things de Blasio Does Instead of Work
      By Michael Gartland August 7, 2017 | 7:22pm | Updated

Between workouts and naps, it’s a wonder he has any time to try to raise taxes.

Brazen NYC RATS Reportedly Jumping Into Strollers To Steal Snacks/
      CBS NEWS August 9, 2017, 5:15 PM

NEW YORK — Hungry rodents are apparently menacing parents, nannies and babies in New York City’s Upper West Side, CBS New York reports.

There are about 2 million rats in New York City, and some have settled in Central Park and Riverside Park.

“There’s rats everywhere,” an Upper West Side resident told CBS New York.

State Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal said some parkgoers claim rats are jumping into baby strollers to steal snacks.

“They said that the rats jump into the strollers, so they’re very brazen,” Rosenthal said.

Rosenthal tells CBS’ 1010 WINS that she wants the city to direct some of its “rat reduction” money to the neighborhood to eliminate the rat population.

25. HOLY-
    My brother works up in northern AZ quite often, and OUTDOORS. 😐
    I guess this is my fault for ignoring my local news so much [but can you blame me?]

26. jbrickley says:

Fortunately the Black Death is bacterial and curable with antibiotics providing its diagnosed early and doesn’t evolve into a resistant superbug.

Too bad, McCain has already evolved into a superbug. The problem with a glioblastoma is they are almost always highly aggressive and grow back rapidly. Sometimes with a cyst. I know because recently I’ve witnessed the horror of these tumors in people I knew. He really should step down because medical science can only extend your life so long with these tumors until it does too much damage or the treatments kill you. He doesn’t have long. He should spend his remaining months with family and those he cares about. It is as bad as it gets. It is as bad as pancreatic cancer.

27. coldwarrior says:

this is below you sundance.

colwarrior, MSN CEN

• G. Combs says:

No it is using the enemy’s tactic against them.

Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

If YOU want to be a serf and your children’s slaves, just continue adhering to the Marquess of Queensberry rules instead of fighting like your life depends on it.

That is EXACTLY what the left is COUNTING ON!
      RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

And we can within a hair of losing this country completely because we ALLOWED the Commies to convince us to act like gentleman while THEY fight as no holds barred savages.

• coldwarrior says:

you site the book that is dedicated to satan himself. ok, you win.

enjoy.

• G. Combs says:

I cite the handbook the Clintons and the rest use against us and recomend fighting fire with fire.

Seems that some ‘Christians’ rather die that fight.

I stand with Mahatma Gandhi on this one. Even a rabbit or a sheep will fight when cornered.

” Need the Hindu blame the Mussalman for his cowardice? Where there are cowards, there will always be bullies. They say that in Saharanpur the Mussalmans looted houses, broke open safes and, in one case, a Hindu woman’s modesty was outraged. Whose fault was this? Mussalmans can offer no defence for the execrable conduct, it is true. But I, as a Hindu, am more ashamed of Hindu cowardice than I am angry at the Mussalman bullying. Why did not the owners of the houses looted die in the attempt to defend their possessions? Where were the relatives of the outraged sister at the time of the outrage? Have they no account to render of themselves? My non-violence does not admit of running away from danger and leaving dear ones unprotected. Between violence and cowardly flight, I can only prefer violence to cowardice.”

• coldwarrior says:

rather die than fight? soooo dramatic! wanna compare dd214s? that’ll be fun. then we can REALLY discuss tactics and strategies for fighting and ways to prevent dying…keyboard warrior.

• coldwarrior says:

you site the book that is dedicated to satan himself. ok, you win.

enjoy.

28. Rock Knutne says:

That picture is a gift from above. It will live in infamy long after that traitor is worm food and serve as a reminder to those that follow what evil looks like.

The USA is God’s experiment. Don’t ever think His Hand isn’t all over this.

29. Orion says:

Disagree with this Sundance.. anarchy is the absence of any controlling mechanism.

You assume this vacuum is replaced with violence. I would suggest that emergent behaviour would arise. The same emergent behaviour, that over time, leads back to government of some sort.

Especially after people have already experienced evolved practices. Very quickly, people would form order through group understanding. We would band together, pooling resources and exchanging services and goods. Non-aggression agreements would quickly form.

Anarchy is only a very brief stage, that follows the collapse of a totalitarian government. If that government is still exerting power on the people, then it hasn’t totally collapsed yet. True anarchy would last about 60 days. It should not be referred to as a separate form of “government”.

Another lie from the left, to demonize people who resent large government.

30. melski says:

There is only one other person I dislike more than McCain…..that is Harry Reid. It is unfortunate they will be buried so far apart as it will be a long trip to pass my respect on to each of them.

31. ilovevictoriasbows says:

Algore hardest hit:

‘The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that studies suggest that outbreaks of the plague occasionally occur in southwestern U.S. states like Arizona during cooler summers that follow wet winters.’

32. Nan says:

The plague has been present in Northern Arizona practically forever. Some Navajo death rituals – such as knocking out the east wall of a house where somebody dies and abandoning it – are adaptations to prevent the spread of disease. This really isn’t anything new.

33. MASHALL says:

Dedicated to Treasonous Politicians Everywhere….

Epitaph on the Politician

HILAIRE BELLOC

Here richly, with ridiculous display,
    The Politician’s corpse was laid away.
    While all of his acquaintance sneered and slanged
    I wept: for I had longed to see him hanged.

34. boogywstew says:

The picture of McCain alongside his fraternal twin reminds me of his little known attempt to take over the role of Frankenstein’s Monster for the 2008 remake, “Frankenstein vs. The Kenyan Zombie”.

35. tsmifjones says:

McCain is against God. Working against God. People of Arizona vote for the man against God which means they are against God. Go against God at your own risk people.

36. Brett says:

Screw McCain. I live in Northern AZ and have to be concerned about the plague. I have to concern myself when my kids get sick, and whether the clinic will just say, “Go home and take a tylenol…”

37. Robert says:

No pity for a man who sells American made arms to muslims that kill innocent Christians in Syria and the ME. No pity for a man who uses his power to destroy America and take away individual rights. No pity for a traitor and a liar. No pity for mccain. No sympathy for the progressive left and their sympathizers, KRS2….