Monday August 7th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

192 Responses to Monday August 7th – Open Thread

1. duchess01 says:

Churches in America are known for their notoriously funny and clever front lawn signs (77 Pics)
    August 07, 2017

2. amwick says:

So I learned the hard way… I read that there are redacted pdf files that you can actually remove the black box.. and peek at what was covered up… You need Acrobat Pro, which is available for a free seven day trial. I really wanted it to work on that 413 page Tarmac meeting document,,, I thought,, they can’t be that stupid,,, then I though, yes they can… The bottom line is that it didn’t work… I could not remove those black boxes… no matter how I fussed and fooled with Acrobat.

But I tried.. I really tried… lesson learned.

• nimrodman says:

It may be a password function that’s at play. I staged a couple files for posting on an internet page, forget whether it was PDF files or Excel spreadsheets. But you could invoke a password setting from the pulldown menus that would lock the file so it couldn’t be downloaded and altered.

In professional-level PDF software, there may be a password function that can be set, or perhaps a toggle that’ll make blackline redaction permanent and unreversible.

Just guessing based on very limited experience.

• dbethd says:

If that’s possible, it could be cracked, I would think. Might be a good one for the_donald Reddit user(s)?

• Kathy says:

Bravo, Amwick, for your determination! Nimrodman is correct about the capability of password-protecting PDFs so they cannot be altered. Acrobat Pro also has a function called “flattening” which (years ago) helped me shrink file sizes, making it quicker for clients to download PDFs from my employer’s website. My guess is that redaction boxes (whatever their color) might be editable/removable if they still resided on their own layer but, if the PDF had been flattened, then all layers would be fused together. I also have a vague recollection that text within a PDF was rendered unsearchable if the document had been flattened. But, again, it’s been awhile since I’ve actually worked with the Acrobat Pro software.

• amwick says:

That makes sense,,, I was only trying to do what someone had mentioned, using Acrobat pro. I uninstalled it….

3. citizen817 says:

4. nwtex says:

Unsettling.

5. georgiafl says:

Found in my Inbox:

Scene: Late one night at the White House. President Trump is working late, still sitting at his desk.
    Phone rings.

The President: “Hello, This is President Trump.”
    Hillary Clinton: “Donald, it’s me, Hillary.
    The President: (rolls eyes, sighs) ” Why are you calling me so late? What’s so important that it can’t wait until morning?”
    Hillary: “Ruth Ginsberg has just died and I’d like to take her place.”
    The President: “Well, it’s OK with me if it’s OK with the funeral home.”
    *Click!*
    Hillary smashes yet another phone.

6. AFVet says:

This is appalling.
    Obama left the White House a mess by refusing the maintenance it needed during his time in office.

7. Piper says:

Hope for our battered President:

Here is our powerful friend: Prayer, real prayer, sincere prayer, fervent prayer, unceasing prayer. Prayer will expose the lies. Prayer will defeat the traps laid before Trump. Prayer will shut the mouth of the lion, topple the Washington walls of Jericho, split the Red Sea of fake news, and raise the Lazarus church from the dead.

Our powerful friend is waiting to bring unimaginable help and shocking breakthroughs.

Can I reintroduce you to our powerful friend? Consider these points:

1. Even if you are the only one praying, it can change everything. “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” James 5:16

Great article!!

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

It’s not just “conspiracy theory” guys like Alex Jones warning about the soft coup going on behind the scenes today.

The Honorable William Jacobson
      Clinical Professor of Law
      Cornell Law School

• shallbe4 says:

Deplorable — Soft Coup it isn’t. It would seem a soft coup would be subtle. The Left is about as subtle as a train wreck. The reason Trump will beat this though is that he governs a happy public. 1 million people have jobs, the stock market hits another record high and homes are selling again. The American Dream is doable and those of us who were ignored during the last Administration are are getting plenty of attention from President Trump.

• shallbe4 says:

As long as Trump has God on his side — he will never feel the battering. Plus 88% of us Deplorables will gladly vote for Trump again. God Bless Our President — may he believe that we are worth everything he has gone through.

8. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen