August 3rd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #196

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,459 Responses to August 3rd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #196

1. Troublemaker10 says:

I don’t think Don Jr did anything wrong and both he and Kushner cooperated with congress in testimony.

This could be about FARA (Foreign Agents Registration Act). Both the Russian lawyer and Fusion gps acted on behalf of Russia, but weren’t registered.

This is the same charge they are making against Flynn too isn’t it?

Exclusive: Grand jury subpoenas issued in relation to Russian lawyer, Trump Jr. meeting – sources

Excerpt:

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Grand jury subpoenas have been issued in connection with the June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr., a Russian lawyer and others, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.

The sources also said special counsel Robert Mueller had convened a grand jury in Washington to investigate allegations of Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections.

• Regina says:

Where did these SOURCES get this information?

If read calmly, this only states that there’s an investigation into election tampering, and we all knew Don Jr. would be a witness as he had direct contact with their agent.

• Troublemaker10 says:

We don’t know anything. But, it does dawn on me that one bit of information has been wanted yet not supplied by several investigating this…

Fusion gps has refused to testify on who paid for the fake Trump dossier?

This is at the center of so much of the Russian investigation.

Maybe the supeonas are about finding out who paid for fake Trump dossier (Russian interference) as well as FARA crimes?

• Nigella says:

I’m just heartsick over this… Prayers for Our President and His Family..

• Regina says:

Why are you heartsick? What else did you expect to happen?

This is another leak – might be fake, might be real.

Seems their gameplan is all about constant speculation in the media…all the freaking out is a perfect example of how easily people still fall for Anything in the MSM. Nothing but hypothetical questions – why the hell don’t they report on actual News once in a while??

• Nigella says:

Well, I don’t think the Grand jury story is a fake… I’m sure all the other stories about who’s being subpoenaed are fake…. I am sad for the Trump Family to have to go through this…

• Regina says:

Nigella, forgive me if I seem brusque today – we’re on day two of a heatwave and I think it’s getting the better of my temper…didn’t mean to snap

The Trump Family has been going through this – and Worse – for the past two years. I really doubt it seems the same to them as it would to us…this would be a Big Deal for us to go through, they deal with crap like this every single day.

I honestly believe that this is all playing out the way our President wants it to – although I don’t think he expected so many of his supporters to start telling him how to run his administration. If anything, I feel sorry for the family having to watch those who once backed Candidate Trump 100% now turn around and basically say he’s too stupid to see what’s ‘happening to him’.

I feel bad for them, too – but I’ve felt bad for them since the day they went under SS protection and lost their privacy. This is a wonderful family, to give so much to their country. I am thankful every day for their sacrifices…their lives will never be the same.

I will never, Ever believe or say that Trump was blindsided by anything here – but that requires looking at the long game, and ignoring all the little fishies who are trying to get more food thrown in their bowl. It’s not just about politics – these organizations have taken a huge financial hit in the last couple years, basically because no one wants to read/watch their crap anymore. So, they take it to the internet – everyone out there is so emotional, surely we can generate $$ by tweaking them with headlines and suspense. Sometimes I literally want to vomit when I read the headlines on Drudge – it’s a toxic world out here.

One of my favorite saying – by Roy Masters:
            You can’t make yourself believe, but you Can keep yourself from doubting

• Nigella says:

No apologizes necessary!I like your positive attitude…

• Southern Son says:

“You can’t make yourself believe, but you can stop yourself from doubting.”
              Thanks Regina!
              If the Headlines at Drudge make you as Sick and they make me, Do Not click on Any of the Stories.
              I. Trust. Trump!
              We need to Support Our President NOW!,
              more than ever!!

Press ON!

• Charlie says:

Thank you! Most reasonable people feel this daily. What would be helpful is the DOJ doing their job. Watching an honest, patriotic family fight for their lives while another walks freely daring the DOJ to do something about their crimes.
              When will someone throw a horse head in their bed?

• piper567 says:

Regina…what a nice post. so reasonable, covering so much that many of us feel.
              Thank you so much.

• Howie says:

Worse than Corey and Nifong.

• Howie says:

Good Grief. Everybody in the Trump entorages is at risk. Trump can not let them do this to hiz friends and family IMO.

• Wisc says:

I really admire Pres Trump for toughing this out, taking things in stride. I sense no desperation or intent to cover up or hide anything. Yes, we fear for him because we’re not used to this treatment. The public will see this for the unseemly witch hunt it is. We are observing how Obama and the Left weaponized the government, and how the media protects the unelected Deep State. Pres Trump will show us what real cooperation and transparency are, and we will no longer have patience for the “insider” collusion and cover-ups that have crippled our country.

2. Pam says:

3. Pam says:

4. Pam says:

5. MfM says:

Article below about the renovations taking place in the WH. Towards the end of the article it says “and refurbishments in the Oval Office”. I hope that means we are going to see an end to the stripes! I know in the grand scheme of things this is minor, but they just scream Obama to me.

6. Pam says:

7. albrevin says:

2 + 2 = 4

PDJT rails on Jeff Sessions 2 weeks ago. Why? Why then when he had already expressed disappointment over Sessions some 3 months ago? Why publicly and in NYTimes?

Methinks PDJT and team knew Mueller was ramping things up and set targets on his family.

Now, news of a Grand Jury. Senate enemies of the people trying to firmly cement Mueller.

This is all so transparently obvious….. American people elect an outsider not part of political class with mandate to drain the swamp….. Swamp/political class threatened so they set up a BS Special Counsel to execute a coup. NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. They will lose the American people over this and unlike the old USSR our ‘government’ will lash out violently when the people don’t follow their BS anymore.

• Regina says:

OR – Trump was making everyone think he was the weak victim in this situation…doesn’t that lead back to Sun Tzu?

• NC PATRIOT says:

If the Grand Jury starts with the early meeting of Don Jr, Jared, Manafort and those others—Remember, PDJT wasn’t even the official nominee yet. And that meeting will open to GPS fusion–who are they? and the dossier? Who paid them? etc. Fusion has not been willing to cooperate. A GJ can compel the testimony. That will open a can of worms for the Dems and the R’s who were opposed to him, and were involved with the dossier.

Jay S. indicated the President’s team is watching closely, will cooperate and will challenge when appropriate.

• Regina says:

can’t help but notice that Senate suddenly pushed through 65 nominations today – someone wants to keep people preoccupied, and I’m not talking about the media

• WSB says:

So, what do those appointments mean? Orchastrated prior to Sessions’ announcement tomorrow? If so, which swamp members were in on this? Why would they bother approving these people other than it was the last day before the term ended?

• Southern Son says:

Lash out Violently.
      This!, is what it seems, may become Inevitable.
      But it won’t be Them doing it.
      I have Been fed up with DC Deep State BS!

We shall cross over the river, and rest in the shade of the trees.

8. Pam says:

9. Pam says:

10. Pam says:

11. Howie says:

I haz tried to warn from the start about this coup attempt. Nobody likee, Now six months in we have a special persecutor. Mark my words. This is not going to end well. It iz gonna be a nightmare. All out war.

• tazz2293 says:

People would rather look at life through Rose Colored glasses.

Folks are afraid of the dirty business that is coming to a head.

• piper567 says:

I’d like to remind some folks that at the CPAC meeting, Steve Bannon told the folks, “If you think these people are going to give you your Country back without a fight, you are mistaken.”
        How is it that the Dems are stupid, yet we fear their ability to take out Trump?
        They are evil, and this is, after all, a spiritual battle.
        If we believe Trump was appointed by God why do we fear man?
        The people who are closest to Trump are very bright and have his back.
        What has happened to our faith in Trump? He is going about his business of working for America, and I for one have no reason to believe he is unaware of all the evil surrounding him.
        But dealing with this evil is delegated to some of the brightest legal minds in the Country.

• Ivehadit says:

The Uniparty is attacking our country and us.
      No president will ever again serve more than 18 months and that’s if they’re lucky. They will be impeached or shutdown by lawfare. WE WILL NEVER FORGET AUGUST 3, 2017..
      All I can say is Washington is proving our point for us as to why we elected Donald.

Why hasn’t Sundance commented on the grand jury?

• piper567 says:

sundance warned of us “The Big Ugly”: The Big Ugly is starting…sundance may or may not comment on Grand Jury thingy; its all a part of the death throes of these evil traitors, and you know, those people who will not give up easily.

• joninmd22 says:

The swamp has to destroy Donald Trump and the movement he represents. The Grand Jury will send up some manufactured charge, the House will impeach, and the Senate will overwhelmingly vote to remove him.

Too bad the left’s not having to play defense on the Clinton’s crimes as opposed to charging forward against us. If we had an attorney general worth anything that would be.

12. Sylvia Avery says:

I am wearily trying to make sense of the Grand Jury story. At first, I was conflating two stories. Mueller has a Grand Jury empaneled in Alexandria, Virginia and it is reviewing the Flynn affair, supposedly.

Today’s story is about a new Grand Jury in DC allegedly something to do with Don Jr.

But since Grand Juries are secret, it is all “sources say.” And coincidentally the stories from leaked sources appear on the day of a rally. At all costs the Silent Coup must prevent PDJT from gaining traction.

And then the news that Lindsey Graham and once again into the breach Thom Tillis from NC and a bunch of Dims are introducing legislation that will prohibit the President from removing Mueller drives me almost to a frenzy. These creeps can’t do anything useful, or anything to MAGA, but boy howdy can they ever think up things to harm the President.

I am tired. This crap wears on me. However, I am aware that this is WHAT IT IS MEANT TO DO. It is designed to erode support. While I am tired, I am also heartened by the constant stream of donations into PDJT. The polls like, but the money talks. We are still here, we still support our President. They can try, but they can’t change that.

• Southern Son says:

Yes, Sylvia.
      With ya Dear…

Earlier…
      We shall cross over the river, and rest in the shade of the trees.

• thetrain2016 says:

The Grand Jury is for ending the whole speculation about collusion. No evidence, case closed.

• Troublemaker10 says:

You are right. The Russian collusion and grand jury leak are meant to erode Trump support.

However, if nothing is found….it could backfire as people realize it was a witch hunt to delegitimize a sitting President.

• distracted2 says:

I’m tired, too. That said, there was an orchestrated effort again this morning to silence Sean Hannity on Twitter this morning related to his stance on Mueller. Then a few hours later, a leak about a grand jury.

When the left ramps up the scare tactics, it is ALWAYS in an effort to distract from something they are responsible for.

I’m going to give it a couple of days before I start drinking. 😄

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m not on Twitter, so I didn’t know about the Hannity thing. Interesting. TY for posting that information.

I think it always pays to look and look hard when these anonymous sources stories break and consider carefully the purpose. We are being undermined quite seriously by people who know how to play the game.

• kp3ace says:

Senators have introduced 2 bipartisan bills to protect special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired.
      Grand jury was assembled several weeks ago. Subpoenas have been issued.

• alligatriot says:

“At all costs the Silent Coup must prevent PDJT from gaining traction.”
      It shall be most difficult to prevent Our President’s supporters from gaining traction for him! I am no good at ‘rithmetic, but if I multiply 10,000 rabidly screaming fans I watched tonight in W.Virginia times a whole bunch across America – that’s a lot of traction. And the “silent coup” will become the “squealing chicken coup”!

(Always learn something from your posts, Sylvia. Thank you!)

MAGA

• Sylvia Avery says:

It was quite heartening to see an arena full of happy, screaming Trump supporters.

At times it feels a little like I’m out here all on my own, but when you see that support you realize there is a whole lot of us out there.

• joninmd22 says:

Hey Sylvia, Take a deep breath and try to relax. Psychological exhaustion is part of their game plan. You clearly see what’s going to happen and can ignore the small distractions. All subversive movements create chaos in order to justify their taking over to “restore order”. The future has already been predetermined and the globalists will try to take over.

Now is the time to prepare with calm resolve and determination.

• rf121 says:

I do not believe the legislation they want to pass is constitutional. This is not a congressional assigned special counsel. It was assigned by the executive branch and therefore can be fired by the executive branch. The legislative branch cannot come in and tell the executive they cannot fire one of their employees.

It would be like PT telling congress they must replace the Speaker of the House. Separation of Powers rules here.

13. Pam says:

14. Troublemaker10 says:

I’m not sure how Grand juries work, other than to know you can indictment a ham sandwhich.

My understanding is that it is a way for investigative prosecution lawyers to be granted legal tools to obtain evidence and make their case for charges.

They don’t present any evidence from the defense side.

So, it will be interesting to see if Don Jr or Kushner end up giving testimony to the Grand jury. That would indicate they are witnesses of a crime, not targets of criminal activity wouldn’t it?

I wonder if the Russian lawyer will attempt to leave the country any time soon? Look for that too.

Don’t forget….the day Mueller was fired there was no investigation of Trump nor high members of his Adm.

Also, both Kushner and Don Jr ( with criminal lawyers representing them) volunteered testimony to Congress. If they were guilty of a crime they would not have testified. No way.

This just seems to be more about something else like FARA and Fusion gps to me.

15. senda72 says:

16. Pam says:

17. Pam says:

18. Pam says:

19. patrickhenrycensored says:

Trump rally in WV
    McGone in AZ cutting off his face to spite his no’s.

20. Pam says:

21. senda72 says:

God’s protection over our President ~

22. Howie says:

Whoa! Webb is at the Bayshore Bimbo Mansion…too cool. He is kickin ass!

23. keebler AC ovfefe says:

24. keebler AC ovfefe says:

Once the President is absolved of the fake news Russia accusation by Grand Jury, investigations will lead to collusion by the Democrat Party and Pickled Billiary with Russian players. I’m only concerned that this might not happen if Mueller was involved with Pickles and the Uranium sale unless he was an unwilling participant and now wants to clear the air and his role.

25. Pam says:

26. Pam says:

• ALEX says:

Also if this is about the Don jr. meeting it shows they have nothing. They will probably subpoena his emails and that’s where it gets tricky..They could ask for all his emails during election and the Obama/Hillary people just want dirt…Leak to the news..Character assisination is this game….

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

It is character assassination and innuendo reporting, as Muh Russia has been all along.

The CNN report on “financial crimes” likely has to do with someone such as Manafort or Flynn (probably to see if they may have been financially compromised and thus possibly influence-able by Russia), yet the blurb reads like it could mean Trump is in trouble.

A farce.

It’s possible the ‘financial crimes’ could involve another Trump not at the WH (like Don Jr), but my guess is it’s about someone else.

As several have said above (including Sekulow), no reason to think that the president is under investigation here himself.

27. SR says:

Why not mueller come out like Comey and say no crime, nothing so case close? I hope PTrump is not in the box by Mueller, McMaster and deep state.

28. sunnydaze says:

Dems are down to 15 Governers now. Fifteen. Out of 50 States.

Sweet!

We are watching the death of a Political Party, it seems.

29. mikeydoo says:

So the grand jury will consist of DC voters. About as fair as the jury for OJ. This makes me sick.

30. nwtex says:

Joe Arpaio, former sheriff in Arizona, is found guilty of criminal contempt
    July 31, 2017

Joe Arpaio, the Arizona lawman who once proclaimed himself “America’s toughest sheriff” and was largely praised by conservatives for his hard-line policing tactics, was found guilty Monday of criminal contempt, bringing his tenure as a relentless crusader against illegal immigration to an end.

More than a month after lawyers wrapped up closing arguments, U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton found Arpaio guilty for defying a judge’s 2011 court order to refrain from racially profiling Latinos during patrols and turning them over to federal immigration authorities.

The 85-year-old is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 5 and could face up to six months in jail.

[…]

31. Pam says:

32. psadie says:

Isn’t this called “insubordination?” Shouldn’t these “leaders” be fired from the military?

33. CDuran says:

Not sure if this is going to work but please listen or open an account on GAB.

34. duchess01 says:

WHAT’S HAPPENING – 08/02 (2) – 08/03/2017

35. budmc says:

36. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-03/dubais-torch-tower-worlds-fifth-tallest-residential-building-engulfed-flames

A massive fire has engulfed the fifth tallest residential building in the United Arab Emirates, the 86-story Dubai Torch Tower – the same building which was also damaged in a major blaze in 2015 – where social media footage showed flames spreading up much of building and burning debris falling down. According to BBC, civil defence officials have “successfully evacuated” the building and are now working to bring the fire under control.

• Janie M. says:

I’m certain millions went into its construction. So what’s a few more million to install a good sprinkling system (especially after the first fire)? Surely, there had to be a way to retrofit one in.

37. Gary Hunt says:

Not sure if I may missed this being discussed here, but came across story (not sure where but google Comey Alvi) that states that it was James Comey who ordered Hani Alvi (wife of Imran Awan) allowed to leave the US for Pakistan when she was stopped at Dulles. Agents at scene wanted to detain her, but Comey or Andrew McCabe would not allow it. Any thoughts on the accuracy of these stories?

38. http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/father-indiana-soldier-killed-afghanistan-attack-49014733

An Indiana soldier who was just 32 days into his first deployment was one of two American service members killed in a suicide bombing attack in Afghanistan, military officials confirmed Thursday.

Mark Hunter said members of the Indiana National Guard informed him Wednesday night that his son, 23-year-old U.S. Army Sgt. Jonathon Michael Hunter, died in the attack on a NATO convoy near the southern Afghan city of Kandahar.

The Department of Defense confirmed the deaths Thursday night. Officials also identified the second soldier killed as Army Spc. Christopher Michael Harris, 25, of Jackson Springs, North Carolina.

The U.S. military in Afghanistan earlier said that four other American troops were wounded in Wednesday’s attack.

39. distracted2 says: