OPPRESSORS BEWARE

On May 20 Wyatt Patrick entered the world a month before he was scheduled to arrive, and he’s been pushing the limits ever since. He held that beautiful little head up when he was a couple of weeks old, he turned over before he was two months old, and when he does his tummy time he wriggles around trying to move and you can see him try to get those skinny little legs under him.

A few weeks ago a good friend of his father sent him a flag. This is the message his dad sent me with the picture above.

“This flag was flown by the first American forces to enter and assault Raqqa, Syria on 14 June 2017. It was raised to honor and celebrate the birth and lifelong freedom of Wyatt Patrick. OPPRESSORS BEWARE”

There have been a few great surprises along the way with having this little poo machine. The first has been how unbelievably adorable he is wrapped up in those animal towels after a bath. The second has been how incredibly well loved this kid is already by all our friends and family. It’s been humbling, really. This was given to Wyatt by a very great friend of mine, and even better American, that is a part of a fighting force that is truly the tip of the spear. These young men are fighting for a cause they believe in, and this flag represents everything that is great and unique about America. I hope I raise this kid to love the country as much as I do, and half as much as the steely eyed freedom fighter that fought under this flag in the face of our enemies.

As you can see from the picture, the first paragraph is the message written on the flag by the soldier for Wyatt. The next paragraph is the writing of my son, expressing his gratitude, pride, patriotism, and a vow for the future.

Aside from the very obvious proud grandmother reasons, I do have a much deeper motive for posting this picture.

From time to time, we need to be reminded what it is we fight for, who the battle is for, and a little about the unknown warriors who carry our flag into battle. And, just as importantly as any other reason, we need to stop and remember the honor, the spirit, the freedom, and the cost that flag represents.

I’m betting that, just like me, most of you started each and every school day with a Pledge of Allegiance, hand over your heart. On the 4th of July my husband and I were absolutely thrilled to hear our first grandchild, sweet Sadie, perfectly recite the Pledge.

It’s not often we hear it anymore, and some public figures and professional athletes dishonor themselves when it’s played now. Is it taught with the same fervor by teachers and parents? Do they instill the same love, modeling the patriotism that my generation found in every classroom, on every street corner, in the movies, and the parades?

I couldn’t be more humbled by the dedication on the flag to Wyatt, or more grateful. I could not be more proud of the words my son wrote about the gift, because that represents what we all live for and care about. The future of our children and grandchildren, who are the future of this country.

Wyatt’s father and mother will make sure that he knows the history, the honor, the fight, the cause, the hold fast against all odds struggle that stand behind this country. They will impart to him the stories, good and bad, and the love and the duty and the responsibility that come with the citizenship in the greatest country the world has ever known, his birthright.

Wyatt will be privileged to one day look up again (they met recently) at the steely eyed warrior who defended this flag in battle, and wrote the message to him. He will stand safely on his little legs looking up into the eyes of one of the men who guard so zealously the freedoms he will learn to appreciate, honor, and protect himself. His parents won’t wait for school to teach him all about the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, and what they mean for him, and how he must treasure and defend them for the future he will pass on.

And so today, my heart is full of gratitude, but most important, hope. We live in troubled times, divided times, angry times.

But that flag is still carried into battle with the same honor and fighting spirit the first patriots had, and our young Wyatt, his brother, his cousins, and millions of children out there from sea to shining sea are getting their first taste of the meaning behind the flag, from the beautiful, scrappy little boy whose father placed this banner across him to mark a moment in time for him, to his cousin who proudly recites the words she learned to honor that flag, to all the children out there who are learning the same lessons in your households.

Are they learning the lessons? Our young men and women fight on battlefields far away, but our battle here at home is what they are fighting for. If you do not know and pass on all that our freedom entails, then we are not doing our part. We have a fight and a duty too.

God Bless America.

OPPRESSORS BEWARE

De Oppresso Liber

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

109 Responses to OPPRESSORS BEWARE

1. zephyrbreeze says:

Thank you for this. So wonderful. These soldiers are literally our saviors. Without them, we would be overrun.

And so we see another generation of the oppressed and enslaved wiping away tears as they shout: “Here come the Americans. We’re saved.”

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you” (Philippians 4:8-9).

The end scene of Life is Beautiful

2. amwick says:

He is a beautiful boy…such an honor for a tiny person! This flag was flown by the first American forces to enter and assault Raqqa, Syria on 14 June 2017. It was raised to honor and celebrate the birth and lifelong freedom of Wyatt Patrick. OPPRESSORS BEWARE

We should all be grateful for the brave men and women in the armed force as well as all the veterans. TY x 1000

3. Reality Wins says:

Menagerie,
    Congratulations, Grandma! Little Wyatt Patrick looks like he already owns the world!
    How appropriate that his “throne” is covered with elephants.
    Blessings to you and your family!

4. peachteachr says:

A baby is a reminder that love multiplies and doesn’t divide. My best to you all.
    My first grandchild was born 2 weeks before 9/11. My son did call his mama that night as Alan Jackson wrote in his beautiful song about that day. My son was troubled and wondered if he had done the right thing to bring a child into this world at that time. I told him then, and still believe today, that my grandson will be a part of what is right in this world. Yours will as well.
    Enjoy. 🙂

5. Raven says:

Sweet, sweet blessing from the Lord to everyone, including all of us who visit The Conservative Treehouse.

I look forward to the day we hear Wyatt Patrick causes the oppressors to shake in their boots just because he can say our Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and back it with God’s strength, fortitude and blessings.

He is a man in the making, and has been given great parents and grandparents to make that happen.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful all American boy.

6. Patriot1783 says:

Congratulations Menagerie on your beautiful grandson Wyatt Patrick.
    May the Lord bless and keep him, his siblings and all his cousins safe and sound.
    OPPRESSORS BEWARE indeed!
    xo😘

7. uvaldegirl says:

What a doll…here is hoping we are all helping to make a better country for Wyatt and his generation.

8. Menagerie,
    I must confess that I have not read down the string of comments as is required, but I do not think my note here will be duplicated.

You mentioned about your grandchildren learning the Constitution. Having studied under the best for the last 8 years, let me refer you to her. In turn, you might refer your family to her as well.

My mentor goes by the pen name (yes, she’s real) of Publius Huldah and her website is http://www.publiushuldah.wordpress.com. She writes “papers” on different subjects. She has about 70 overall papers on different subject and those papers have been tagged on the left side of the website. Just click on the subject you are interested in, and all the papers she has tagged will come up.

I wish you and your family only the best.

• Lanna says:

Love her work. I shared her work on natural born/ naturalized citizen many times when Cruz tried to circumvent the Constitution and declare he was eligible to be President.

Wish she would write about the original, legally ratified 13th Amendment — the Titles of Nobility Amendment. I’ll have to look at the site, see if she’s written something on it that I missed. Every time I go to her site I wind up spending hours there.

9. beaupre03 says:

“Oppressors Beware” is also the official motto of Delta Force. Love it.

10. janc1955 says:

Another beautiful post, Menagerie. And OMG, what a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations! 🙂

11. The Devilbat says:

Menagerie, congratulations on the beautiful baby boy. How long before this little fellow starts posting on the CTH? I bet he will have a lot of good stuff to say.

12. Menagerie says:

Thanks so much for all the compliments on Wyatt, and all the encouraging words added to my post. We need to savor the good fr M time to time.

13. Donna in Oregon says:

I’ve looked at the pic several times. Thank you. Love a beautiful baby covered by a beautiful American flag. 🙂

14. Ziiggii says:

Oooo Raaahhhh!!! Little booger! You keep on pushing the boundaries of what “normal” is supposed to be!

15. Digleigh says:

So cute! Coming from a military family, this was especially poignant! Oppressors beware, foreign and domestic. This push to force 49-69 vaccinations on our children is a big issue, and those of us who have dealt with the pressure, threats, just when we have taken a legal, religious exemption, is apalling.. Time is for all parents who want to just have the” freedom to choose”(inalienable rights given to us by God, and not the state) need to speak out..WHO push is for mandate laws for all countries… (Italy latest victim..) . Even if one disagrees, and wants vaccinations, we all should agree that liberty and freedom of choice is the best. for rejection of foreign proteins put into the muscle of babies, or the parents who may want to spread out, and not have 4 to 6 at a time! An acquaintance we just found out has a vaccine damaged child.. so sad, as these lovely babies are the nation’s future!!

16. Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

Such a beautiful baby! It’s great being a grandparent. They are such a reminder that life is good.

17. Sunshine says:

Just the cutest baby boy! What a great photo. Raise him well in the spirit of the American Bald Eagle.

18. jmclever says:

In my own life, I have put up with a lot, but the moment things started affecting my children, I took swift action. Thank you for the reminder, Sundance, that the spoils of this victory belong to the next generation