Anthony Scaramucci was appointed to the position of White House Communications Director yesterday. Earlier today Scaramucci gave his first interview to Breitbart News Media to discuss his communication objectives.

In his first interview Breitbart reporter Matthew Boyle asks Scaramucci if he actually understands the Trump voter and the middle-class base of support for President Trump.  Scaramucci outlines his outlook and what he views as the greatest challenge in getting the America-First message and Trump agenda to remain the focus of policy and messaging (click the orange arrow to listen):

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Sean Spicer, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

198 Responses to White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci Interview With Breitbart Media…

1. Just Tea says:

Too funny that he blew the press a kiss. Can’t wait to see more from him.

• I see a little silhouetto of a man
      Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango
      Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
      Gallileo, Gallileo,
      Gallileo, Gallileo,
      Gallileo Figaro – magnifico

• georgiafl says:

So much an Italian New Yorker!

Do watch the movie, Brooklyn – a master piece about an Irish girl who is courted by a young Italian, whose family buys land on Long Island, and reminds me of Scaramucci.

• All American Snowflake says:

I saw that movie, too. Something just didn’t quite seem right to me (not referencing
          here Scaramucci …. ) But why did the ingenue’s mother become so cold when she found out that she was already married? Was it because her husband was Italian?

This may seem strange in our politically correct world but I once had a boyfriend who was Italian. My mother told me that I shouldn’t (couldn’t) marry him because people would make fun of our children. I always thought that was strange because he, my boyfriend, was a lot smarter than I was.

• georgiafl says:

The Mother in the movie wanted her daughter to stay in Ireland and be the wife of a prosperous man.

• georgiafl says:

An old country granny (called Granny by everyone not even related to her) told us teen-age girls never to marry a ‘hot-blooded spannard.’ She believed they were overbearing and abusive…to emotional to hold down a job, too close to their mamas, and other personality problems.

• YvonneMarie says:

What nonsense !!!

• Deb says:

The Europeans have traditionally held all kinds of prejudices and stereotypes about other Europeans. The Irish are drunkards, English are cold and arrogant, the Italians are all corrupt, the Polish are backwards and superstitious, etc. It’s funny when the European elites talk about America being a racist country. Europeans are bigoted towards each other.

• georgiafl says:

Granny Corbett was just speaking from her life’s experience. My tiny Puerto Rican childhood neighbor could really get her dander up and once chased our mayor all over our tiny town with her shotgun because he wanted her to either keep her ‘peeg’ penned up so it wouldn’t root up the neighbor’s garden or get rid of it. She blew up big time, “You (expletives deleted) better notta keel my peeg!!!

• blognificentbee says:

Love the kiss! It’s like the kiss of death to the MSM!!

2. He’s got the on-your-feet ready-to-go that we all need in this position. Like the ground swell theory and his New Mexico story of how 1975 versus 2017 is (what, was it) – 45 percent difference? I’d like to see American families able to support themselves with one worker again. Would bring the family back to its core hearth and away from government grabs of power there.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, that would make a HUGE world of difference.

• Prettyplease says:

I agree with the one income idea. See much instability has been brought to the family unit because the two income system and I believe the children have suffered the most. Like all things, the availability of two incomes has raise the price of housing, food and other commodities to outrageous prices.

• Carolina Kat says:

It’s no surprise that children have an epidemic of ADD when the mother is no longer the primary care-giver. That’s just one way it hurts us.

• Bull Durham says:

Family has been destroyed by Liberalism and Vulture Capitalism.
          Black and Latinos are destroyed by the manna of welfare and Whites and Asians are crippled by job destruction capitalism.

• 4sure says:

For the state to be the most important thing in your life, you must first destroy God, the family and make one beg the state for one’s healthcare. I’d say, the state has succeeded in all three and we are now owned by the pols. (the state) We are one election away from being a full blown socialist state. Two elections away from becoming a communist state.

Things are much worse than the sheeple realize.

• Oldschool says:

And those are the risks factors of opioid addiction epidemic, bull. Throwing biilions at rehab, even slowing drug trafficking will not solve this problem. All the ills that you have put forth are the incubators of escape through self medication.

• Deb says:

The self loathing that is promoted by the liberals through politics, entertainment, and even sports takes a heavy toll on the psyche. Trump supporters are mentally tough, many people are not and succumb to depression. Another great reason to turn the tv off.

• piper567 says:

This picture gives us an opportunity to witness the effectiveness of propaganda, in this case, the charade and evil of Modern Feminism.
        We are in this situation because so many young women bought into these lies, all of the distortions that came along after the legitimacy of a certain feminism were long gone.
        Remember how effective this has been.
        And, as usual, the motives were all greed and power.
        All of the propaganda that has been unleashed on America is all the cut from the same cloth.
        Today’s snowflakes expect everything for nothing (greed), and they think power is in mindless violence. They do not have an original thought. They respond to anything they do not like as if they were children.
        It helps a lot that they have been TAUGHT that life is al about them.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, it seemed like a GREAT idea at the time, didn’t it?

Somehow we were sold a bill of goods. We women would find fulfillment in the work force. How wonderful! I think how many men rolled their eyes at that back then as they quietly went out and put their shoulders to the wheel to try to make a living, minus fulfillment other than knowing the family was provided for.

It was all so marvelous. Women could choose to be who they wanted to be! Well, that choice is gone. Now we all have to work while our children are in child care and at risk. We bought this silliness and look what it has done to our kids and our society.

• US says:

Wise words Sylvia = verbum sapientae Sylvia.

• Jlwary says:

In one of my history classes, I came to the suffrage movement and I realized: women gave themselves an identity complex!

Until I had children I happily worked 50 hour weeks. Now I have children and I would give anything to stay home indefinitely. Alas, I am currently looking for a part time job, so we can afford mortgage payments when we buy a house. I resent feeling torn between working and staying home. I sometimes wish–besides the right to vote–women and their feminism had left well enough alone… but perhaps we would have ended up like this anyway.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I know. We women pranced merrily up to the chopping block and laid our heads down, so happy to be all fulfilled and stuff.

But it was really different when you could make a choice. Now there isn’t much choice involved.

And I don’t think until you are older/have children you realize what it means to leave your little ones to the tender mercies of someone else who will guide them and shape them and teach them.

I wish the women’s movement could remake itself or go back and rethink some of the goals but it is too late. Now we are caught in a two paycheck economy.

Now there is no more choice for women than there was before the women’s movement. It just looks different, that’s all.

• In Az says:

I worked nights so that I could be home with my kids. We never got a chance to get ahead because not long after the final child was born I took care of father-in-law and mother-in-law, then took care of my parents. Never had money. Today we are in horrible financial shape.

• Marc says:

More women entering the workforce also created a culture of Daycare Kids that are dysfunctional from infancy on up causing children more stress and a sense of abandonment similar to orphans. Stefan Molyneux has spoken on this extensively. I believe this is what has greatly contributed to the “Special Snowflake” mentality.

Not to forget, the market for jobs becoming more competitive, thereby creating an employer’s market. Less/No benefits, less job security, and stagnant wages. When there are 2 or 3 people looking for a position rather than 1 or none, you can give it to whoever will take the lowest pay. Same conclusion on immigrant labor.

• vikingmom says:

The current generation does not remember a time when Dad AND Mom were both at work…they hear snide comments about Leave it to Beaver but they do not understand the stability that was taken for granted by our generation. Families, churches, fraternal organizations, neighborhoods took care of each other and spent time with each other. And we might have had less “stuff” but we had more time and we enjoyed the things we had far more!!

Daniel Patrick Moynihan corrected predicted that LBJ’s “Great Society” would destroy the American family, both black and white, and he was absolutely correct! The policies of Jimmy Carter a dozen years later led to inflation levels from which the middle class never recovered and with the failure of inner-city schools and the resultant “white-flight” to the suburbs, which required two incomes to afford, we are in the bottom of the ninth with a full count….

• Ad rem says:

Wonderful comment vikingmom….and sorry for the late posting. I found this in the bin. 😦

• Chuck says:

The great society, roe vs wade and before that the edicts of vatican II accelerated the moral decay that was already in progress.

• thisisnotme says:

LBJs great society spending led to the inflation Carter struggled with. Deficit spending is incompatible with a gold standard. Nixon had to end the convertability of dollars to gold. Ford’s campaing slogan was “Whip Inflation Now”. Carter just surrendered to the bad economy he inherited rather than do anything about it.

• F D says:

Just a little history-Sen Joe Lieberman CT was a two income enthusiast/the mother leaving the home. More tax money to grub.

• Irisheyes says:

A little more history: have read in multiple places that Betty Friedan who wrote “The Feminine Mystique” back in the early sixties (which has been widely credited with kicking off the “feminist movement”) was a communist. For those of us who remember that book and those times, think about the tremendous social changes since then, and understand it was purposefully calculated to cause a decline in our society.

On a more positive note, my young adult daughter and her friends think “feminism” as it exists now is stupid, and all want to return to more traditional roles in family child-rearing. I hope they get that opportunity!

• crazypeoplemusic says:

little late to the thread here but I believe 2 working parents(especially full time) is not good for family.

• amr632 says:

We did that in the 1980′ on, but we didn’t have the expectations that others had. My wife and I lived in the same neighborhood when we were children and the houses were 3 br, 1 bath with about 900 sq ft total space. Despite their upbringing, my sons and daughter and their friends would never, ever think that type home would be good enough for them. I don’t think even Habitat for Humanity builds such simple homes. Gee, no central AC or rec room. My point is that expectations are so much greater than before, so two have to work to support those expectations. Just look at the number of people with children out to dinner in decent restaurants. This 72 year old finds it amazing.

• Very good points. My father installed a huge exhaust fan in the garage to pull the air through the house on summer days. All of us with the screens in our windows would sit there and ooh and ahh at how lovely it was to have a breeze. Yes, expectations are certainly higher these days. 🙂

• livlovely101 says:

A friend of mine who lives in the South, worked in tobacco fields while growing up.

At night they would hang wet sheets and place a fan behind them and the cool air would be blown through their shack all night long.

3. Pam says:

I’m very impressed with Scaramucci so far. I wish him the very best on this new chapter within the administration.

• ALEX says:

Yes…I can see many more people coming in now that the President has the lay of the land..Perfect timing considering the budget battles start in earnest in a few months…

• piper567 says:

I believe Trump has come to a place in his Administration, just like he did during The Campaign, where it is simply time to shift gears.
        And, to do that, its time to bring in new people. Remember, he’s a people person, observant of people and their skill-sets as well as a visionary.
        I believe he is in the process of turning a corner.
        I love Scaramucci refusing to accept the way two reporters in a row framed their questions:
        Wait a minute…That’s not how it is at all !
        This may make it more fun for more people to tune in to these pressers.

• blognificentbee says:

We know he is already doing a great job by the high level of media insults and triggering!

4. Owlen Rose says:

This was my favorite part and the exact reason I voted for Trump.

“We have a list of campaign promises that are up on Steve Bannon’s wall and we’re going right through those campaign promises and so that we can tell the American people that we are citizen politicians … we’re not career politicians or establishment players that just want to sit in Washington and milk the system,” he said.

Citizen politicians, I love it!

5. fangdog says:

If you are not for America First, then who are you for? And if so, why?

• Minnie says:

👍

• Sylvia Avery says:

“We are the world. We are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day so let’s start giving….” /sarc

• jmclever says:

Seemed like such a good idea at the time. Of course, I was in middle school at the time and the photos of starving Ethiopians were really powerful. As an adult, I later learned that food sat rotting in warehouses while Tribal leaders fought and people died.

• redchick67SS says:

That’s what I say to all my lefty friends who can’t fathom why I love our President. I tell them very simply…”Listen, if you’re an American and you can’t get on board with the message of “America First”, then perhaps you should find a nice squishy socialist country to live in that buys into this whole “citizen of the world” garbage, because that’s not what THIS country stands for. I’ve stopped caring who gets offended.

6. Katie says:

Please, Mr. President…can you slow down on the number of red-blooded alpha males in the administration? We ladies are getting overwhelmed with crushes. 😍😋

7. MakeAmericaGreat says:

He’s going to be a huge asset.

Scaramucci is like a Mini Trump. Wealthy, smooth guy with the common touch. And it’s even clearer with Scaramucci, at least to observers, because Scaramucci came from a working-class background.

He’s polished, he’s restrained and he’s smart. Trump picked a real winner here.

Also, notice how he (again) points out that Trump figured out about the working class angst and decimation that took place under Obama (and Bush, to be fair). This has always eluded the elites (it even eluded Scaramucci, who says so in this interview).

To the elites and their Globalist masters, the working class/middle class’ destruction is just a necessary, if unfortunate, casualty in their plans. Most garden-variety Globalists simply don’t care about the American middle class and working class. And some elites, like Obama, are actually hostile to that middle and working class.

Those are The Deplorables. The Forgotten People. The people Scaramucci says are going from middle class to lower class by way of things like NAFTA and the Paris Accord.

The problem for the Globalists is that The Deplorables are still the plurality in the country today. So if you can rally them, as Trump has, you can rule.

If Trump keeps The Deplorables in the swing states (and they get out to vote) he will win in 2020. Almost assuredly. It would take a massive and targeted identity politics candidate to overcome that. Which is why Kamala Harris is being prepared for the task. If you can get the Obama Coalition 2008/2012 turnout then maybe you can beat Trump. Maybe. But it’s going to be tough given the current lay of the land, I think.

Scaramucci should help Trump reach The Deplorables in those key areas. Going to Breitbart on his second day of work gives you a clear signal that these guys understand who they need to reach, and they know how to reach them.

Good.

• georgiafl says:

Most excellent comment!

The Obama Coalition 2008/2012 was 1/3 fraud, 1/2 deceit and the remainder were hard core activist ideologues.

They can’t win again.

Heck, they can’t even fool anyone to that extent again.

They had their 8 years of tyranny and it was a horrendous eye-popping massive flop.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

The key to the Obama Coalition, in my mind, is blacks. And I’m sure that they hope they can achieve something similar with women against the “sexist” Trump.

Hence, Harris.

They will hope to get high black turnout if she runs, and they will hope to rally women to her for her ‘historic’ chance at the White House.

We’ll see. Trump is in the power position here. I think a lot will have to happen for Harris to have any real chance. If she’s the candidate.

That Harris is even being considered shows you how completely bare and barren the Democratic Party is of ideas and shape. They have to go with stunt candidates because that is all they have.

And that’s why people are leaving them. In truth, they have nothing to offer.

• georgiafl says:

‘cept for one thing – folks tend to vote their wallet – or purse.

Remember all of Trump’s efforts for women entrepreneurs and against sex trafficking, etc?

Ivanka is Trump’s secret weapon for the women vote – and so is Melania – when they speak, women listen, believe me, all kinds of women (except for the hard core women who hate women aka lesbians).

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Yep. I agree, and well said.

• Carolina Kat says:

I dunno. I think both of those women are beautiful. But have you seen those faces under the protest pink hats? Scary ugly. Those women despise beauty – especially beautiful women..

And they are bitter about it. But then we’d never get the self-loathing pro-abort crowd to vote for us anyway.

• you had me until your last sentence. my friends cover quite a range of colors, ethnicities, religious preferences and sexual orientation. so i can tell you straight up it’s wrong to paint all lesbians with the hater’s brush. now, if you want to call them 3rd wave feminists who hate women, i’d agree. and there’s plenty of hetero women among their numbers. and their hatred isn’t confined to other women, it includes men and mostly themselves.

• georgiafl says:

Psychologically speaking, lesbians reject their own femininity as much as they reject males (though they strangely try to emulate and dress like them). Having studied psychology and social work and this issue of sexual and identity disorientation in male and females for years, it’s not just a matter of ‘some of my friends are’ business with me.

I understand have empathy for these women and share some of the same life experiences as many of them, experiences that studies show shape or disrupt human identity development process.

• Wend says:

Black men won’t vote for Harris. She’s stupid and bitchy.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

I think you might be onto something there, Wend. I certainly hope you’re right.

• yellowrosetx says:

This is sorta related to what you said about Kamala Harris—-yesterday I saw a tweet from Jill Stein slamming the democrats re last years campaign and went huh. She must have taken the money and then turned on the Clintons. If there are people who think Harris is the new Black Hope, there will be a battle because there are indications that Michelle Obama is also very interested. Reminds me of another former first lady….
              This could be FUN!

• 17CatsInTN says:

Kamala Harris will be no match whatsoever against President Trump She will have those who will automatically check that box, but, IMHO that is pretty much it. She is a mental lightweight. The only thing she has going for her is race, woman and victim cards, which have long since expired with the population at large. She is aggressive and obnoxious but in no way is she a match for our guy. He will chew her up and spit her out.

By the time the next presidential election rolls around, this country will be humming along with vast improvements in so many areas, many swamps drained, income on the upswing, The Wall up, illegal aliens mostly captured or run off, and so much more, like indictments, resignations and scandals in place we never even thought of. The whole fabric of corruption will be unraveling big time by then. Watch for it.

Folks, we really did elect a winner and a man anointed by God for this job. He is going to accomplish so many, many things between now and then. Only the chronically mentally impaired–those who have lost all vestiges of wisdom or rational thought–will want to throw him out.

• Irisheyes says:

The fact that the libs are even thinking about an inexperienced and dim-witted presidential candidate like Kamala underlines that they see the position of POTUS as a figurehead only! Just put the face/personality in the White House and let the deep state pull the strings. Immediately obvious to me back in ’08 with Obama, and now the formal Uniparty m.o.

• yucki says:

I can’t bear to think of a Kamala Harris campaign.
          If everywhere else wasn’t in such bad shape, I’d be embarrassed for the USA.

• piper567 says:

kamala is a shrew.
          not a bright one at that. Heard a rumor from CA that even some leftists did not want her to go full on…very little self-control.
          she’s the epitome of an angry, hostile entitled shrew; she probably participated in that pathetic women’s march.
          The really cool thing is that if she ever shares a debated stage with our Lion, he can react to her with brutal honesty, and while the msm shrieks to the high heavens, the majority reaction will be, You get’m Mr. President !!! sorta like, You’d be in Jail…Boom!
          I do so hope she runs.

• Prettyplease says:

In reference to the comment above about Trump being able to rally the middle class… I think that window was about to close and the way the elites were going to close it is by creating situations here and abroad where martial law, or the equivalent, would be declared. That will disrupt society completely as we know it today and institute a whole new set of rules. It is my fervent hope and prayer that President Trump and his praetorian guard will, in turn, disrupt this evil plan and rescue us, the deplorables.

• yucki says:

Something those of us who spead most of our time monitoring foreign outlets have been forecasting for a dozen years: For Europe! – not here.
        Until the 2016 election campaign.
        PTrump is what’s standing between us and the end of the world as we know it.

• yucki says:

That’s the Soros Color Revolution playbook.
        I’ll bet his factories were already stocked with bright purple flags, agents provocateurs in place to bring about the scenario you describe.

• jmclever says:

As long as we have AntiFa idiots spewing hate and the Violent Left unapologetically rioting in the streets and destroying businesses, The Deplorables will be out en masse.

• yucki says:

Pitchfork and Bible, you betcha~
        But when they learn to behave, this Deplorable will be handing them our own hot, buttered popcorn!

• US says:

President Trump will win many more states in 2020. It will be a yuge landslide. I did not see myself as a forgotten man but now I am so happy to be a Déplorable. I want to be one of the regular guys too, as so many others. Trump’s victory was the will of God, and we will not let this break be wasted.

8. georgiafl says:

Very impressive interview. This is the Scaramucci I remember from the Golden Elevators Watch days.

Scaramucci is another billionaire like Trump who has a big heart and concern for the plight of the ordinary family trying to make a living.

Scaramucci is also a very warm, articulate and fearless communicator.

Gold Quote:
    “Congress has a lower approval rating than Kim Jong Un.”

9. fleporeblog says:

WOW! Anthony gets it and I can’t tell you what a gift we received at the six month mark of our President’s time in office. This man was brought up in a home where his dad broke his ass to provide and his mom did an incredible job raising the kids and taking care of everyone’s well being. He saw his dad day in and day out in pain from the grueling job. He saw his dad get up the next day whether it was 100 degrees or -20 to go out and break his hump to provide. No matter how rich he is today, it means nothing because he can relate like our President to the blue collar Americans.

He is going to transform the communication team to a well oiled machine. Not to get the word out to the liberal cesspool states but to those states that voted for our President or where he came up short. The states he came up short will ABSOLUTELY be in play in 20′ while the states he won will be cemented for him in 20′.

We are blessed to be alive! Thank you once again GOD for this gift! We will not disappoint you!

10. rashamon says:

What a great appointment! He is street smart and talks to those diminished by the power mongers. We now have a team that understands balance sheets vs. pay-to-play lobbying.

Six months. Trump designed. I may have admired him before, but now I just hope he pulls some bodies together to run this operation for the future ..the brains that designed our American Revolution on behalf of individual freedom.

In the 80s and on, S. Korea and Japan bought scrap metal from the U.S., shipped it to their US.-designed and paid for processors in their countries, made a variety of products including rebar, shipped it back to the U.S., unloaded it and distributed it for less than our companies could bid. DON’T EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT THAT! And, it is across the board, every industry. And a very few are getting enormously rich.

Sundance, you are an educator beyond what I ever encountered. Stellar. Superb. A class way beyond. We Treepers are fortunate.

• Minnie says:

Balance sheets vs. pay-to-play.

Spot on 👍

• linda7780 says:

They also were doing this with other countries with the trees we cut. I was speaking with someone who owns a furniture store and made custom furniture, locally. I believe they were shipping the wood to China and then shipping the furniture back to us at an alarming increase in price. Also, there is a reason you get cabinets, etc., with fake wood and only a door to it that is actually a solid piece of wood.

• spacette55 says:

When you mentioned “Street Smarts” it made me think of this Disney classic. LOL!

• K2P2 Ribbing says:

Not a new ploy at all. In fact, England did it to India by taking their cotton, making cheap garments out of them, and then selling them back to Indians at a higher price. It’s one of the things that Gandhi successfully got the country to revolt against by having them weave their own fabric and make their own garments.

11. carnan43 says:

Mr. Scaramucci’s views regarding Gun Control should give pause to those that are elated over his appointment. Trump was heavily supported by those of us that believe the right to bear arms is paramount. He should visit Chicago and go into the Lions den unarmed in the dead of night. Liberals according to David Horowitz are “totalitarians screaming to get out.” He may be slick but if he is for gun control, this conservative believes he will be rejected on the same pile as Odumbo and Hillary.

• Minnie says:

Nope, not going there.

Mr. Scaramucci believes in the Rule of Law and our Constitution.

It is every Americans’ Constitutional right to bear arms.

If his opinion is as you state, and I have read nothing to back that up, he is entitled to that belief.

After all, we are a free country.

• Minnie, if I might let me interject a word-use thingy.

We have a natural right, not a “constitutional” right to carry arms to defend ourselves.

The 2nd Amendment, when read deliberately, simply AFFIRMS that right by saying the federal government cannot mess with it. The 2nd Amendment does not GIVE us that right as implied when we attach the word “constitutional”.

I know. It’s a tedious thing, but words have been used for a long time to get us off our constitutional compass……like the deliberate use of the word “democracy” which is used wrongly so often.

Otherwise, I agree with all you said. Sorry to be anal.

• Sharon says:

In my opinion, your comment is not ‘anal’. You are asserting that words mean things.

We do not get our right to bear arms from the Constitutional. It is a right that ‘was always there’ and the Constitution affirms it. The Constitution is basically a johnny-come-lately to the fact.

I cringe when I hear people say that the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms. It. Does. Not. That’s a false starting point and it gives the advantage to those who oppose our natural rights.

• Katie says:

Bravo! Perfectly stated and it needs to be re-affirmed over and over and over again.

If the Constitution GIVES us rights, then it can be amended to TAKE them away.

• what do his prior or current beliefs have to do with President Trumps agenda? Nothing that is what he said it yesterday he said it on twitter today, he works for President Trump its about Trumps agenda.
      Anthony Scaramucci‏Verified account @Scaramucci 1h1 hour ago

Full transparency: I’m deleting old tweets. Past views evolved & shouldn’t be a distraction. I serve @POTUS agenda & that’s all that matters

• Sylvia Avery says:

Wow, okay, that is amazing. No one ever deletes old tweets and then TELLS us they are doing it and why.

He said in his presser yesterday that his prior political statements or positions have nothing to do with this job. His job is to represent the President’s views, or something like that. Can’t recall exactly but that was the idea.

• Jlwary says:

I think scaramuccis’s views on guns is besides the point. POTUS knows how Americans feel. He has already made the point the 2nd amendment is protected.

• Carolina Kat says:

I refuse to make the perfect the enemy of the good. There is nothing safer right now than the second amendment.

Right now the President needs men who know how to fight. You don’t have Scaramucci’s background and not have brains and grit to get where he has.

Character. Strength. and a Willingness to Fight. Check check check. That’s the list of concern.

If you don’t like his stance on the 2nd, don’t vote for him if he runs for office. (Don Jr will put his foot down on any gun control suggestions, in case you are really worried. Trump himself conceal carries, and wants that licensing to cross state lines.)

• Caroline Cat,
        Think about what you just said. That is FEDERAL legislation that codifies carrying across State lines. That’s the last thing you want! Listen up. If the government can decide they have the authority to make laws permitting carrying across State lines, (regardless of State laws and the 10th Amendment), then they can just as easily make laws prohibiting that, correct? That is not authority they have in the Constitution, but an amendment to that affect would give them that power. That, in turn, will lead to a national data base of gun owners. So! After thinking about it, do you still think it’s a good idea?

• mimbler says:

I’d be very concerned if he were hired as a policy advisor, but as communications director, his views on gun control are irrelevant to me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a knee jerk opinion due to living in the most gun restricted city in the US. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he changes his mind on that after some exposure to people with a different view. People talk about the diversity of NYC, but the majority appear to live in a pretty small thought bubble,

• Sylvia Avery says:

Eloquent! I am a big Second Amendment supporter and I don’t like his stance, if accurate, on guns. But even if he tried he isn’t going to change the President’s mind. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if the President changes Scaramucci’s mind.

The Second Amendment is safe in PDJTs hands.

• Alison says:

Not gonna fly here, carnan. Scaramucci has made it absolutely clear he works for President Trump. Period.

• mightyconservative says:

Carnan, do you think you will agree 100% with every single person’s POV in the administration? I know I won’t, also know Trump has more sway than his Communications Director.

• starfcker says:

Stop it. Ever run any kind of organization? Think you are going to get a perfect set of like minded autobots in any situation? Think that’s important? How many men thought cars ought to be yellow, but spent every day painting them red, because that was the job they were paid to do. Policy comes from the top in this administration, President Donald J. Trump. His worldview is fully formed, and no subordinate is going to change it unless they can make a really good case. That’s why Trump hires CEO’S and Generals. They understand hiearchy and their place in it. These are hardened and acomplished men and women.

• TexasDude says:

So, uhhh, Trump’s team has to be ideological pure? Even Trump isn’t that.

• TexasDude says:

So, uhhh, Trump’s team has to be ideological pure? Even Trump isn’t that.

• blognificentbee says:

He said he is for implementing PDJT’s agenda and campaign promises. I will believe him until he proves otherwise.

12. Papoose says:

Make American Great Again. Crush the Coup d’Etat.

13. Sylvia Avery says:

Wonderful interview. He articulates the President’s message better than anyone so far. Clear, easy to understand, and definitely on point. He should be a huge asset.

14. Dixie says:

I, for one, am glad to know that President Trump is aware that we see through the fake news media. We already thought it but we didn’t know for sure.

Scaramucci has made that perfectly clear.

15. Bull Durham says:

How soon will it be that a photo is published of Scaramucci standing near Ambassador Kislyak ?
    And someone says they spoke in an elevator mentioning the campaign?

16. Carolina Kat says:

A common thread runs through the men (and women) Trump surrounds himself with.

Ordinary beginnings. The super-achiever class of individuals surround the Trump table. Many of them, Scaramucci included are the first generation in their families to get a degree. Conaway has a similar story. Ross is also middle class – his dad a lawyer, his mom a teacher. Look at what these men have achieved in their lives. Self-made men.

They also have not ‘gotten above their raising’ as we say in the South. Their strong ties to family and their own personal histories precludes them from the elitist disdain for the middle class. They remember, know and love those who were the wind beneath their wings.

And that is why the American Dream is real to them, and to be preserved. It’s the same as spiting on your mother’s grave to betray it.

And that is why Trump trusts them. So do I.

17. SafeSpace says:

Friends, take a minute out from your gushing over Scaramucci and consider the following facts. Scaramucci has repeatedly called for tougher gun control using (among other media) Twitter. Those tweets have suddenly been scrubbed. Scaramucci is on record (again on Twitter as well as other media) broadcasting a very liberal view on so-called man made climate change. Scaramucci is on record opposing a border wall. Scaramucci is LGBTQ-friendly and supports much of that agenda. Now, I don’t know about you, but I voted from Donald Trump because he is the real thing. He did not invent a new persona to steal the White House, as Hillary and Barack have done. If Scaramucci can conveniently change his policy viewpoints on a dime, why on earth should I trust him, or believe one word he says? Do your homework, folks.

18. Rick says:

Funny how Progressive Libs can EVOLVE. However, a person that may have been critical to the President, or perhaps embraced some things that the most conservative element OF THE BASE would not agree with, once appointed by the person we Trust (PDJT) CANNOT EVOLVE OR CHANGE HIS MIND ON ANY STATEMENT OR BELIEF FROM HIS PAST.

So, homework was only part of the studies. Listening in class with a willingness to learn was another. Just my friendly way of disagreeing with you. I respect your opinion though, while I do not agree with it.

19. Have to say never heard of him before that CNN dust-up which resulted in apology and firings there. But looking at his background , he must be seriously smart . Realistically speaking, not too many LI (Port Washington) public high school kids (white male) with no connections and Italian last names and middle class status go to Tufts and then to Harvard Law School. That category of admissions at Harvard Law is practically non-existent

20. I love this guy already!

The politics of "gotcha" are over. I have a thick skin and we're moving on to @POTUS agenda serving the American people— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) July 22, 2017

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

21. MVW says:

I liked Sean, and there is no doubt he is a very smart man with thick skin. Somehow that was not enough to deal with the sidewinders that populated the so called press briefings.

Now, about Anthony Scaramucci, this guy gets it. Going forward, it is game over for the malevolent Alinsky media. Scaramucci is a heavy weight champion, you can tell and so did the media when they were handled like the lightweights they are.

• MaineCoon says:

I’ll take a street fighter any day. The media won’t know how to handle him any more than they know how to handle President Trump. I think they know how to read people well and they sure don’t take any cr*p. Yesterday he quietly corrected two MSMers who misrepresented him in their questioning process. Both times you could hear a pin drop as the correction took place. He will be interesting to watch!

• janc1955 says:

He was nice about his corrections, too. I would’ve loved it if he said something like, “I take issue with the part of your question that suggests the White House ship needs ‘righting.’ That’s fake news, and you’ll find as we travel this journey together starting today, that if you slip fake news into your questions or reporting, I will call everyone’s attention to it.”

22. Sylvia Avery says:

“Scaramucci is the Right Man for the Job”

FTA:
    “At first glance, Scaramucci appears to be an odd pick to former press secretaries and communications directors such as myself. But it makes a lot of sense. Those who fail to see it don’t understand the new media world in which we are all operating, where TV pundits now carry more weight than someone with a long resume who would have once been considered impressive inside the beltway.”

The author says his business background is a plus considering Trumps economy driven agenda as is his TV pundit background. He understands the economics and should be able to explain it clearly to the public.

The author also mentions his ability to survive in the high stress/always changing world of Wall Street as another asset.

And, “Scaramucci is a political operative. It may surprise Democrats that Scaramucci served as fundraiser for then-candidate Barack Obama in 2008 which gives him a boost of bipartisan credibility. That doesn’t mean Democrats won’t critique him; they will. But Scaramucci is someone who understands what endeared Obama to the press back then…”

• janc1955 says:

You know, I object to the whole notion that presidents need to endear themselves to the media. The press has really lost its way, and really does think it’s all about them. The way I see it, media should be doing the courting, not expecting to be courted. With the way they view and have treated the current administration, they’re lucky anyone in the WH gives them the time of day.

23. Minnie says:

Mr. Scaramucci will be interviewed by Wallace on Fox tomorrow.

24. litlbit2 says:

IMHO, after listening. I heard there is “a list of campaign promises on Steve Brannon’s wall”, The to do or bucket list. Would like to see it published weekly, monthly whatever with what is done, in process, being held up and by who, what or why as well as what the folks can do to accelerate the process. Either removing regulations, helping law enforcement, defeating swamp progress etc.

Would think some one much smarter than I should think this through, kick it around. I really think seeing the list 24/7 such as a advertisement or road sign would expose the Fake News and let more Americans keep informed about the daily people’s President Trump working for us…USA

25. Emily Summer says:

I grew up on Long Island, too. By their actions you will know them. Just wait and see.