Earlier today President Trump celebrated a new innovative product that will be made in the U.S.A.  Merck, Pfizer, and Corning have developed a glass product for the pharmaceutical industry that prevents breakage, increases safety and will be made exclusively in the U.S.

[Transcript] 3:05 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you very much. Very exciting — and exciting times at the White House. A lot of things happening that are so great for our country. I want to welcome Made in America Week. This is what we call Made in America –right here, and they’re all here. Some of the great business minds, businesses geniuses. Congratulations fellas, that’s not a bad statement. (Laughter.)

President Trump applies almost 1,000 pounds of pressure during demonstration of the strength of new glass product.

But they’re right here with us, and I’ll tell you it’s an honor to have them. We’re continuing our celebration of American manufacturing, and it has been something very important to us — Made in the USA, Made in America — and our tribute to the skill, dedication, and grit of the American worker. We’re showcasing products from all around the country that are stamped with the beautiful letters “Made in the USA.”

Today I’m proud to welcome three more great companies — we’ve had quite a few wonderful companies — a little smaller generally speaking than yours, but every company is smaller than yours when you get right down to it to it — to the White House for really a major announcement which you’ll be hearing: Merck, Pfizer, and Corning.

These three companies are announcing that pharmaceutical glass packaging will now be made in America. That’s a big step. That’s a big statement. We’re very proud of that. Thank you very much, by the way. And I know they wouldn’t have done it under another administration. I feel confident.

These companies have formed a groundbreaking partnership to create thousands of American manufacturing jobs with this innovative new product. It’s an incredible product. Merck, Pfizer, and Corning are coming together to create an advanced pharmaceutical glass packaging operations, which include an immediate investment of at least $500 million and the creation of nearly 1,000 new jobs — and quickly.

The initial investment will be spread across facilities in New York, New Jersey, and a new manufacturing plant in southeast of the United States — they’re looking right now — which Corning will be announcing in the coming months, and there’s some pretty good competition. I know they’re going to make a great deal.

Eventually, the companies here today expect a total investment in this initiative to reach at least $4 billion and create some 4,000 American jobs. And it’s very innovative on top of it.

This initiative will bring a key industry to our shores that for too long has been dominated by foreign countries. We’re moving more and more companies back into the United States, and they’re doing more and more of these products. And that would have been unheard of even a couple of years ago.

These companies have achieved a breakthrough in pharmaceutical glass technology that will be used to store and deliver injectable drugs and vials and cartridges. This technology is not only great for American jobs and manufacturing, it’s great for patients who now will have access to safer medicines and vaccines.

It’s also great for the healthcare workers who can administer the drugs — makes it much, much safer for them and safely without having any problems and worrying about vial-breaking, which, as I understand, is a tremendous problem that we’re not going to have anymore.

I know that Secretary Price and the FDA are committed to working with innovative companies like these. We have tremendous excitement going on at the FDA. Amazing things are happening there, and I think we’re going to be announcing some of them over the next two months. We’re going to be streamlining, as we have in other industries, regulations so that advancements can reach patients quickly. You’re going to see a big streamlining — I think you already have. To a large extent, you already have. Very proud of that.

I especially want to thank Ken Frazier, Ian Read, and Wendell Weeks — so three of the great, great leaders of business in this country — along with all the great people at Merck, Pfizer, and Corning for believing in America and the American workers. This announcement reflects a central theme of my administration that when we invest in America, it’s a win for our companies, our workers, and our nation as a whole.

Every day, we are fighting to bring back our jobs, to restore our industry, and to put America first or, as you’ve heard, make America great again. That’s exactly what we’re doing. Some people have heard that expression. It’s been fairly well-used, I think.

I want to thank you all for being here, and I want to thank you for your dedication to Made in America. Really appreciate it very much, and I’d like to have you say a few words. Come on up. Thank you. (Applause.)

END – 3:10 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Environmentalism, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

125 Responses to President Trump Continues Made In The USA With Remarks About New Pharmaceutical Glass Operations…

1. 4,000 new jobs this indeed was good news

2. 4sure says:

Interesting as I never even thought about the glass used in pharma. Good news for MAGA economics.

3. daughnworks247 says:

Obama was merely a spox for the power behind the throne, who was Soros.
    President Trump is the decision maker.
    The difference in the way CEO’s interact with Trump versus Obama, is palpable.

4. WSB says:

The new jobs will be greatly welcomed in Corning, NY. Hopefully the intellectual property will stay there, too.

If anyone happens to be in the mood for a summer trip, the Corning Glass Factory and Museum is a wonderful visit. I had never really thought much about it but went up a few years ago. Fabulous place!

• lurker99 says:

Corning did a carnival glass treatment on glass insulators (used for Power & Signal wires), just a tidbit of USA technology years (and years) ago…………….

• abstain says:

It is a great place to visit.
      Our son was student at Ithaca so we were given inexpensive tickets.
      Enjoyed it very much.

• DHarvey says:

In mid-September a bunch of my motorcycle buddies and I are doing a three day bike trip to Western NY to include some cool and in some cases funny visits to various museums including Corning Glass. We’re also going to visit..drum roll puhleeze the Jello-Museum (yup) as well as a museum dedicated to the carousal horses of yesteryear and a Brain Collection at Cornell in Ithaca. Somewhere in between we’ll put in ‘miles of smiles’ on the bikes and hoist a few brews in the evenings.

• WSB says:

Sounds GREAT! Not sure how close you might be to Aurora, NY, but it’s a beautiful town that was rebuilt by one woman and the MacKenzie Childs showroom is there. Just fun to look around. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

• Mary Wilson says:

Stop in at Hammondsport, NY to the Glenn Curtiss Museum–inventor of the motorcycle and many, many airplane innovations. He was actually the first to truly fly—the others, wright brothers included, were still just doing big hops. Curtiss’s June Bug got off the ground on its own power, flew just shy of one mile, and landed on its own tricycle landing gear (invented by Curtiss.)

• Mary Wilson says:

It’s still great to go to, even though the Steuben Glass part went out of business.

5. Sylvia Avery says:

Major Doofus Bill Kristol says:

“Maybe it’s just me, but I find something off-putting about turning the White House into an exhibition hall for American tchotchkes.”

Possibly because I am not some smug elitist, I personally have loved seeing the White House, the People’s House, used to display American manufacturing. And today’s demonstration of the new glass vial was no exception. I thought it was great. I think what PDJT is doing is amazing. It is interesting, educational, and it highlights our manufacturing base.

And BTW who would call a Gibson guitar, brooms, high quality rifle scopes, helicopters, earth moving equipment, dinner ware and the like as tchotchkes. I am so insulted and angry over Bill Kristol’s comment I could brain him with the President’s baseball bat. I enjoy it and think it is cool and then this douche (can I say that here?) is SNEERING at me like I am some kind of low rent trailer park knuckle dragger…not that there is anything wrong with that, frankly. Better that than to be a Bill Kristol.

• lil bully kristol can foxtrot oscar. America needs him not and I’m positive Russia doesn’t want him… so, off to the middle east with him! lo… l!

• sunnydaze says:

Bill Kristol needs to just get it over with and move to Brussels.

• Sylvia Avery says:

A PERFECT place for him! Hopefully they would look down there snooty little noses at him and make him feel “less than.” I can’t think of a better fate for him!

• sunnydaze says:

Sylvia, I got a feeling that before the years over the EU may be searching for friends so bad that they’d accept Kristol with open and loving arms and use him as a Poster Boy for everything that’s “good” about Globalism and Elitists. hehe.

Kristol needs to grab this opportunity and get out of Dodge. Go somewhere where they’ll love his filthy butt.

• Sylvia Avery says:

“I personally have loved seeing the White House, the People’s House, used to display American manufacturing.”

I don’t seem to be able to explain quite how I feel about this. I love the WH with all of the history and majesty. I feel enormous respect and reverence for it as a symbol. I see the WH as stately, quiet, mannerly. Hushed. Like a museum.

At first I was kind of taken aback, I guess, by how the President rolls. You know, he brings all these people into the WH and has all this activity and it is open and televised. But I very quickly saw that I like it. It is like a beautiful house that people can’t use as a home and they take their shoes off and never put their feet up. But Trump uses the WH as if it were a home that was made to be lived in. Not for himself, but for us. It’s like he is inviting us into the WH all the time, because it is ours and we were meant to be there.

I’ve never seen this before. To me it is unique. Trumpian. I love it.

• Alison says:

Interesting comment, Sylvia. It took me a long time to get past my disgust of the Clinton’s disrespectful behavior in our White House. I was very glad when Laura & George Bush moved in & restored dignity (nevermind that I later learned about globalism).

Then came 9/11, and all our federal buildings, including those visited by so many DC tourists became off limits without strict entry protocols, reservations, etc. If DC was in its own Elite bubble before, 9/11 magnified it, and barriers have been increasing ever since.

Obama opened the WH to anti-USA celebs who hate us. He sometimes spoke shallowly & derisively about being President as if it was a burden to him & Michelle. My disconnect grew even stronger.

Finally came President Trump who not only works on our behalf in the WH, but invites regular folk to come meet with him. He truly is one of us, working for us. Others around Trump might succumb to the DC bubble over time, but I don’t see our President ever forgetting that we have as much right to the symbol & dignity of the White House as he does.

• piper567 says:

Very early on, Melania said she wanted to open up the WH…There was a bit in the news about it, as if it was unusual.
        I have loved seeing all the people going through, especially when Trump just sort of shows up and everybody hollers, There he is!
        Can you imagine how fun that would be?

• Maquis says:

At least we do not have to worry about nasty nasty music concerts and bimbos in the Situation Room.

• Tegan says:

Hey, Bill…it’s called American pride…something that has been missing for at least 8 years (and obviously longer, in your case.). Any of you remember when the first astronauts were feted at the WH and each state was asked to contribute something grown in their state? I was a young person living in rural Oregon and I vividly recall groups of people going out to pick wild berries in the mountains to use in the meal. There was great pride in being a part of history, and we’re beginning to see a bit of it currently (although never shown on MSM, of course.)

• georgiafl says:

Bill Kristol is a ‘commentator’ and ‘critic’ – not a producer!!!

Trump is a builder, employer and entrepreneur. His Dad put him to work after military school between college semesters and summers, learning trades.

I bet Trump could hang sheet rock, mix concrete and weld steel.

• PowerCord says:

I’ll see your “tchotchkes” and raise you a “covfefe”!

Man, it’s been a loooong day.

• 4sure says:

Bill Kristol has ALWAYS been a uniparty globalist. Same for that sourkrathammer.e Fred Barnes also masqueraded as a conservative. Every time Lou has Fred on his show, he skewers him. I’m surprised Fred even shows up. And I love seeing him get skewered. There’s not a bigger Trump supporter than Lou Dobbs.

6. Publius2016 says:

Everyday President Trump moves mountains! Believe in the power of positive thinking and MAGA! Btw who knew he was so physically strong!

• Sylvia Avery says:

I loved it when they told him that was equivalent to a what was it? A boxer’s punch? Heh, heh, heh.

• Derek Hagen says:

A professional boxer’s punch!

• georgiafl says:

When was this?

• Sylvia Avery says:

During the demonstration with the press/vice thingies that they put the glass vials into to test the pressure on the glass. It was after the President reefed on the second one to try to break it and it wouldn’t break.

Sure, maybe this stuff is a little corny but I love it. The industry guys who were there doing the demonstration looked so proud and happy to be there with the President and they loved telling him that about the boxer. It’s just so American.

• Derek Hagen says:

I’m Canadian but I have always loved Americans and “the US of A” since I was a kid. Can’t help it. You’re so right Sylvia, that little incident was so American that I automatically heard every word, even the hard-to-hear stuff. Yep, PDJT has the strength of a professional boxer’s punch. Don’t you just love it?

• Will Janoschka says:

“President Trump applies almost 1,000 pounds of pressure during demonstration of the strength of new glass product”.
            OK showmanship but very poor reporting! President Trump applies almost 1,000 PSI (7 MPa) of pressure during demonstration of the strength of new glass product.

• Maquis says:

You do have to consider that leverage was a factor in that force calculation. I mean, essentially if you are pushing down on a lever the most force you can put on it is your own body weight, if that, and I know our svelte President is no tubby. No offense to tubbys…

• Katie says:

All that is missing is putting a CNN logo over the bottle he cracks, and a MAGA logo over the one that stays intact.

• Owlen Rose says:

Hillary wouldn’t have been able to break the old vial.

7. Haha! The Corning ware guy says our president’s 1000 pounds of force applied to their vial is about the same as a punch from a professional boxer! I see another CNN meme from this clip!

8. Sylvia Avery says:

I saw the guy, Mike whoever, that makes the My Pillow (a great product, BTW) interviewed on FBN. He got invited to the WH yesterday, I think. He got to sit next to the President and the President says he bought a couple of those pillows and they were great. Mike was beaming ear to ear. He was so thrilled and honored to be there, to get to sit next to the President, to have the President tell him he liked his product that he invented. Wow. Pretty sweet! It made me smile. It was kinda heartwarming.

• Minnie says:

Yes, Mike Lindell.

My awesome sister recommended the product and I’m forever grateful. Neck surgery years ago resulted in arthritis and using it is the only way I can get a deep, restorative sleep.

My entire family has the pleasure of owning a My Pillow, no more stiff necks or headaches in the morning 👍

Word of mouth is their best marketing tool 😁

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes. You know how NOTHING ever lives up to the hype? I bought a My Pillow after trying for years to find a comfortable pillow that I wasn’t fighting with all night long.

I was very skeptical. Hokey TV commercials. Very dubious. (Insert Suspicious Cat gif here.)

But desperation takes you places you wouldn’t normally go. I was dumbfounded to find the pillow was as good as advertised.

I love it. My prized possession. I tell everyone.

• Will Janoschka says:

“Word of mouth is their best marketing tool”
        I agree! Corning does the same. So why not tax commercial advertizing at 100% and lower the tax on folk that work fabricating products that are so good they need no advertizing? 😁 Commercial advertizing is the only reason “fake media” exists! MAGA

• Will Janoschka says:

“Word of mouth is their best marketing tool”
        I tried to post using Firefox, this is Chromium.

• Maquis says:

My pillow is a bag of blue ice. Honest! If it’s not high enough I’ll put a pillow under it, but that’s a pain. I am so glad that the VA is taking care of me…NOT! They won’t even address the actual problems, they are window dressing as far as I am concerned. Caring for those that have borne the burden…if only. Maybe if they hired doctors that were Veterans, but they seem to have this thing with Third Worlders fresh out of Med School and grumpy jerks from inner-city hellholes… Those kind of people are quite comfortable playing the rationing game, keeping you away from the help you need, services they don’t have or won’t pay for.

Sad.
        Mad too.

• Fe says:

I cannot sleep without my “My Pillow”. When we flew to Dallas a couple of years ago I packed that baby in my suitcase. Last month we drove to Dallas, stopped by our daughter’s house to pick up her and our 2 granddaughters on the way (we live 20-25 minutes away) when I discovered that we left my pillow at home. Arrrggghhhh. My precious son in law happened to have one and let me borrow his as he was not able to join us on our trip to Dallas. Talk about a life saver. Seriously, this pillow is that amazing.

• Sayit2016 says:

I have his pillows I love the fact you just throw them in the wash….great pillows ; )

• carrierh says:

Trump is always courteous and respective and thoughtful, something new for president for some decades. He treats all as real people and just like him, which makes them feel they are important and welcome. I know how I would feel being invited and seated next to Trump!

9. starfcker says:

I use Corning, NY, and Corning the company all the time as an example of why a town exists. Because of Corning the company, Corning the town has an economic reason for being. Take away Corning the company, and what do you have left? Oh yeah, the service economy.

10. Think this will make the front page of the NYT? (just joking….)
    Interesting that the media hid a lot of what Obama did because it was so bad for the country and they hide a lot of what Trump does because it is so good for the country. Funny how that works.

11. pjb535i says:

If you listen carefully, you can hear it. It’s whistle is blowing in the distance. That’s the Trump Train, and it’s delivering new wealth and prosperity to the four corners of America the Beautiful. Powerfully, majestically, it rolls on, passing houses, farms and fields; stronger by day, and even stronger through the night.

Choo ! Choo !
    Roll on Trump Train.

12. sunnydaze says:

I love this idea!

Not just for medical purposes, but I want a cabinet full of unbreakable glasses some day. Right next to my Corelle plates and bowls. You can drop those suckers on a hard tile floor and they’re just fine.

Awesome!

Not to mention, it would be nice to see upstate NY get revived in my lifetime.
    Course, if New Yorkers keep voting in Dems, all those factories will eventually get moved to other areas of the country. Hopefully they’ll Wake Up before that happens.

• msmelchizadek says:

Sunnydaze! I have had my corelle ware FOREVER; but, I know from experience it will break! If it drops on just the right spot, it doesn’t just break! it explodes!!! True experience: we had my sister and brother-in-law over to dinner. I served it from the kitchen and handed the plate to my BIL over the dinner table and my wrist weakened and I dropped his plate of food. It fell and hit the edge of his water glass and just blew up with shards of corelle going everywhere!!! I was finding it weeks later under furniture in the next room!

Come to think of it, that was the last time they came over… hmmm… ? LOL

Also, there should be a video out on YouTube somewhere showing what Corning glass has innovated in the Tech Area. My sister sent me the video years ago and I see the exact thing in movies that depict the future: keyboards on glass, movable graphics on large table tops… I wish I could find it again!

• sunnydaze says:

Now why did you have to tell me that, msmel? haha.

I’ve dropped mine on tile floors that would have shattered any other plate/bowl and all they’ve done is bounced a bit. Couldn’t believe it.

• georgiafl says:

I have bought my daughter with disability a lot of Corning Grab It bowls and Sandwich plates made of the ‘rocket nose cone’ heavy white Corningware.

She can manage to break one every now and then if she rolls over it in her 375 lb. wheelchair – but not often. They are microwave/oven/freezer safe.

Great product derived from US Space industry!!!

• Will Janoschka says:

“Not just for medical purposes”
      But medical is why the transparency is so important for vials! Do you know how many blood tests are prescribed each day? The VA will insist on a blood test if you sneeze!

13. msmelchizadek says:

Very futuristic stuff!!! Some of it is already here. Video is from 2011

• Minnie says:

Fascinating, thanks for that link.

America is an amazing, innovative country because of our forward thinking.

Nothing can stop us!

MAGA 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️

14. India Maria says:

President Trump sure looked worried……heh, heh

15. Pam says:

I have to admit the demonstration was really cool. If you look at POTUS’ face in the last photo above, there was a potential for it to turn all different shades of red and who knows what else (LOL) thankfully, it worked. Watching this gives me an extra appreciation for what Corning does every day.

• georgiafl says:

I love Corning ware and Pyrex and Revere Ware pots! And my wonderful cast iron frying pan that makes the best corn bread. Thank you American manufacturers!

I also dearly miss Cannon and Fieldcrest American Cotton Towels and good American sheets – Wamsutta, Cannon, etc.

• Minnie says:

Yes! Love my Lodge cast iron pan, as well. Made right here in the good ole U S of A!!

Takes a beating and keeps on heating 😁 regardless of my wonky stove’s ability to distribute heat evenly.

🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸

16. georgiafl says:

Remember the singers whose voices could shatter glass?

Maybe they could have tried that too!

17. Minnie says:

“Valor” glass – did I hear that correctly?

What a fabulous name!

18. Marica says:

If i could post pics here–or had twitter–I would start a #tchotchkes with a pic of Air Force One or the Fire Engine or Caterpillar…We could have a new MEME going on!!!

19. Concerned Virginian says:

So there is President Trump applying the 1000lbs of pressure at about 10:30 on the video above.
    And here’s Politico with a nasty “article” about “President Trump isn’t physically fit to hold the office of President” garbage (h/t Breitbart.com/).
    Suuuuurrrre, Politico.
    NOT.

20. bobsunshine says:

Trump just released a “America First” video at #AmericaFirst. Watch and Enjoy. Love President Trump.

21. CharterOakie says:

Love this announcement. Great American compaines. Great innovative product.

MAGA

22. Bull Durham says:

The Power of an Idea—MAGA.
    A leader with a vision and passion to get it done.
    Intelligent synergy, bringing competitors to a team for innovation.
    Using the power of the several Federal departments creatively.
    Growth, development, jobs, revenues, profits, wages, increased equity, tax revenue streams growing even at a lower rate.

Winning.

MAGA.

“45” is brilliant when he leads.

23. Pam says: