July 19th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #181

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,373 Responses to July 19th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #181

1. james23 says:

I think you are going to read, within the next couple days, that the AG has resigned.
    Trump has a replacement lined up and he’s ready to move on.
    Sessions regrettably is a lame duck.
    Fill the space with a fighter.

• dekester says:

Maybe. Of course I have no idea what is going. AG Sessions looked quite relaxed when he did the press release about asset forfeiture.

What truly amazes me is the stamina of PDJT.

He fights, and fights.

Just like he promised you lucky Americans.

Did he not say I will never stop fighting for you.

• Howie says:

From what President Trump said it appears he wants to make sure Mueller remains within the scope of only the Russia scheme and does not try to harass his allies and family.

• Sedanka says:

Another “principled” politician who is more interested in being a gentleman than in fighting the evil we’re up against. I hope Sessions does resign. Not a fighter!

• rsanchez1990 says:

Such a shame about Sessions. I was willing to give Sessions the benefit of the doubt, but the President has spoken.

• It serves no purpose now. Rod Rosenstein would be in charge of the Russia stuff regardless. If Rosenstein resigns, then that’s a different story.

Imagine if Chris Christie or Rudy Giuliani were picked for AG instead. Things would be completely different now. Doubtful Christie could have been confirmed.

2. Oldschool says:

Sundance now has a thread up on McCain.

3. Pam says:

4. This doesn’t seem like a controversial statement to me:
    “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

I found this to be hilarious though:
    But the president repeated that he did not know about his son’s meeting at the time and added that he did not need the Russians to provide damaging information about Mrs. Clinton.

“There wasn’t much I could say about Hillary Clinton that was worse than what I was already saying,” he said. “Unless somebody said that she shot somebody in the back, there wasn’t much I could add to my repertoire.”

5. Pam says:

6. Pam says:

7. SR says:

I think PTRUMP, Bannon, Miller and other close advisors know what to do and when. Why PTrump is giving interview to NYT which he trash every day as fake news? This interview is a 3D chess with coded message to someone.

• distracted2 says:

Yes, every move is strategic.

I’m not giving the Sessions comment another thought. I will be satisfied with any decision POTUS makes. I trust his judgment.

People continue to second-guess him – yes, I’m talking to the MSM and liberal left – and they haven’t gotten it right yet.

8. maxmbj says:

I’ve gotta think Trump did this purposefully and tactically. He called the NYT. Why? I don’t know but I do think there is method in his madness. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave Sessions a heads up on this.

Maybe not. Maybe he’s just had it with this Russia Russia Russia witch hunt.

But calling the NYT? Seems odd.

9. janc1955 says:

This has nothing to do with anything, but instead of Lou Dobbs on Fox Business, I’ve got a NASCAR race. WTH?

• Oldschool says:

I just checked my tv, same thing, race.

• ALEX says:

They probably know so many people like myself no longer watch anything but Hannity at night, if that, and occasionally Fox and Friends that they think they can pull people back…It won’t work…FOX will never have the numbers they had…It’s a hack network and a disgrace…

I watch 90% Fox Business if I have anything to do with that joke of a network…They make me sick with the same cast on FOX that bashed and bash the President during election… and even more lefties added now…I know many many people that made up the core of FOX that are gone for good and laugh at these clowns like Baier,Wallace,Krauthammer and all the clowns like Perino…What a joke…

• wheatietoo says:

Yeah, they’ve been showing promos for it over the past few weeks.

I forget their reason for doing it, though.
      It’s a trial balloon sort of thing, I think…probably to see what the ratings would be.

10. SG says:

Larry Schweikart‏ @LarrySchweikart 16m16 minutes ago

Under AZ law, if McCain steps down, Gov Ducey must replace him with an R. No leeway. Likely, DeWit whom Team Trump likes.
    4 replies 26 retweets 50 likes

11. SG says:

Larry Schweikart‏ @LarrySchweikart 19m19 minutes ago

Im not saying this “is” the case but the whole Trump blowup v Sessions has all the earmarks of another Trump deception ahead of an offensive

• Ivehadit says:

Just as I said earlier. Remember June 6th articles about Sessions? More of our brilliant President’s handiwork aka trolling the NYT, lol, imho.

12. Americat says:

On the West Coast, hopefully Dobbs will be on 1:00-2:00 AM PDT,
    as shown on TV schedule.
    Lou Dobbs is the ONLY reason we still subscribe to FOX Business,
    though Trish Regan is also consistently really great.

13. boot says:

A few personal thoughts on PDJT’s NYT interview ……

Before he was appointed, it was already well known that Sessions would have to recuse himself from anything related to the campaign ….. PDJT was badly advised if he was told that this recusal would not include the campaign related Russia stuff.

If not Sessions, then who? I think Christie and Guiliani would have been bad choices. Why does an AG have to be an aggressive fighter that would create controversy? PDJT has enough controversy to deal with ….. I’d much prefer an AG that works away in the background steadily and meticulously preparing and managing action against those involved in criminal acts.

I think it’s highly probable that PDJT is reminding Rosenstein/Mueller that the Special Counsel must stay within the SC’s very limited jurisdiction relating solely to the Russian Government’s efforts to influence the election during the campaign and any Trump campaign individuals that coordinated with the Russian Government in those efforts. Mueller can obviously look at Don jr’s meeting with Russians but it is not within his very limited jurisdiction to, for example, carry out fishing expeditions concerning PDJT’s family finances or, as another example, investigate actions that took place in the transition period or after the inauguration.

If Mueller does stray outside of his very limited and precisely defined jurisdiction, then Rosenstein is obliged to fire Mueller as SC and provide the reasons in writing. Rosenstein wrote a very good letter giving reasons for Comey to be fired ….. I think it is reasonable to assume he will act similarly with Mueller if warranted.

14. duchess01 says:

These Are Trumps REAL Poll Numbers
    BY IWB · JULY 19, 2017

15. duchess01 says:

WHAT’S HAPPENING – 07/10/2017

16. L. says:

President Trump may be pushing the weekend news cycle with his interview/something is up. The media dissects every syllable.