Clint Eastwood Casts American Real Life Heroes in Next Film…

Many of you might remember the three brave Americans, Spencer Stone (U.S. Air Force), Alek Skarlatos (U.S. National Guard) and Anthony Sadler (Pittsburg, CA) who confronted a heavily armed Jihadist aboard a French train during a terrorist attack in 2015.

U.S. Air Force Spencer Stone charged the terrorist who was using an AK-47, tackled him and suffered severe wounds in the confrontation.  All three of the friends were heroes. The terrorist, Ayoub el-Qahzzani, had at least nine full magazines of ammunition holding almost 300 rounds, a hand gun and a box cutter.

For their bravery the three Americans and one British tourist were awarded France’s highest honor – The Légion d’Honneur medal.

France honor

Oscar winner, actor and director Clint Eastwood is making a movie based on the lives of the three friends and the events on that fateful day.  The movie is called “The 15:17 to Paris”.  And instead of hiring Hollywood actors, Mr. Eastwood is actually casting the three men to play themselves in the movie.   How cool is that?

(Via Fox) Three real-life heroes will play themselves on the silver screen.

Clint Eastwood cast the three California men who thwarted a terror attack on a French train in 2015 to play themselves in a film about their heroics, the film’s studio announced Tuesday.

Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone, Oregon National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos and civilian Anthony Sadler, all childhood friends from California, will star in “The 15:17 to Paris,” a film based on the book they co-wrote about taking down a terrorist, Warner Bros. said in a statement.

The film, which began production this week, follows the lives of the three friends from childhood to the evening when they helped subdue the man who opened fire inside a train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris.  (read more)

Spencer Stone being released from the hospital after surgery.

This entry was posted in France, Heros, Hollywood, Jihad, Military, Terrorist Attacks. Bookmark the permalink.

87 Responses to Clint Eastwood Casts American Real Life Heroes in Next Film…

1. auscitizenmom says:

Isn’t this great! I love it. True American heroes. 😀

2. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Amazing. A great story. And Eastwood is a terrific director. Can’t wait for this film.

Remember when Beyonce blew off working with Clint because of Clint’s “empty chair” routine at, I think it was, the 2012 RNC?

Yeah, well Beyonce, you won’t be needed on this project.

Good job, Mr Eastwood!

3. “How cool is that?”

It’s so cool it will probably be attacked by the insane among us (fake liberals) to the point of causing millions more people to see it than may have normally…

Very, very cool. 😉

• piper567 says:

isn’t it a joy to witness that so much of what “…the insane among us…” do tends to backfire so gloriously?
      this is a chance for deplorables to really hit the theaters.
      more long lines, more chances to meet more deplorables.

4. Minnie says:

Way cool! 😎

America, land of the free, home of the brave, of those willing to lay down one’s life for another 🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸

God bless our Heroes!

Well done, Mr. Eastwood, one of our family’s favorite persons 😁

5. Sharon says:

My husband and I placed an empty chair, alongside our American flag, on our front lawn for a couple of weeks at the time –

Well done, Clint Eastwood, on that occasion and this. And thank you.

6. freepetta says:

I just love Clint Eastwood!! I will be looking forward to the movie!

7. maggiemoowho says:

That will be a movie that I’ll make sure to go see. 👍👍👍 Thumbs up and go out to Clint Eastwood and to Spencer, Alek and Anthony. Really great news, love it👍👍👍😃.

8. MaineCoon says:

I’ll suspend my Hollywood movie boycott for Clint & these heros! USA! MAGA!

• Alison says:

I will spring for a ticket for this one! Will make sure every child/teen I know sees this. How terrific that he is using the men themselves.

Next, I hope Eastwood does documentary of veterans who have become entrepreneurs. He can start with Black Rifle Coffee. There are many others.

This is such an exceptional way to counter the PC culture kids learn in school.

• piper567 says:

me, too MaineCoon…I haven’t been to a movie in 40 yrs., but the chance to meet trumpfolk will bring me out of hiding!

9. quintrillion says:

This must be surreal for these three men. Destiny put them on that particular train at that time and they chose to act and now they get to play it over again for all to see how those called into action risk their selves to save others. So very glad they lived for all to applaud their unselfish deeds. Only Mr. Eastwood could have brought this to film…there is no other such as him.

• piper567 says:

one of these young men is from Roseburg, Oregon. An old friend of mine lives in town, and told me the Town made a huge big deal out of his role in this event.
      Its nice for him that his hometown recognized an actual hero.

10. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Thank you, Clint.

For everything.

• Orygun says:

I am watching Rawhide for the second go round. Back when heroes were on our TV’s and people had a healthy dose of Americanism.
      I can’t even think of an Eastwood movie that isn’t watchable and I am sure this one will be great also.

• MakeAmericaGreat says:

Yes, we need those Americanism heroes back

• suejeanne1 says:

It was a time when the “man of the house” was respected and respect was taught –
        one of my Grandmothers loved “Bonanza” in the way the relationships between the father and his sons were depicted – total respect – but for the past 40 years or so (it seems to me), the husband/father are presented as punching bags for sarcastic ditches and their obnoxious offspring – just altogether very unpleasant and dysfunctional.

• MaineCoon says:

I remember as a kid my dad and I would watch Rawhide. Loved that song.

• piper567 says:

sometimes I spend an hour or so just watching clips of Eastwood movies…what fun, what a guy! Lots of detail in his movies that sometimes take a few watches to not miss.
        Orygun, I can see why you are watching a second time.
        I love it that Eastwood is currently being so outspoken re Trump.

11. Sunshine says:

The real deal. Now we know it will be a TRUE story. Looking forward to the movie.

12. Joe Knuckles says:

Remember when Dr Ben Carson was ridiculed for suggestion that people should tackle terrorists instead of cowering until they get shot dead, and how leftists ridiculed him for it? How many people would have died in this foiled attack if not for these heroes?

13. DoggyDaddy says:

Will the movie have subtitles? I don’t think the flaccid, pajama-wearing Obamazoids will know things like 15:17.

14. Disgusted says:

My movie attendee participation is almost as low as my t.v. watching participation for a very long time. Maybe since Fall of 2016. But THIS movie will break my vow to stay away from anything Hollywood! Got to say, Makes my DAY reading this news!

15. alliwantissometruth says:

Yeah, the real story may be told since Clint is making the movie

I can just imagine the typical Hollywood studio version…

Three men, a Muslim refugee, a transgendered stripper & a black lives matter activist thwart an attack by a white supremacist / Trump supporter who tries to blow up the train

16. Patriot1783 says:

“Get off my lawn.”

17. Rex says:

*..How cool is that?*
    Pretty darn cool..
    I’ll be happy with a straight presentation of the story.
    Hopefully, the participants will get in some acting lessons and everyone has the opportunity to make a few bucks.

18. Bob Poppy says:

Excellent “Make my day”.

19. Yes, he did the best thing: instead of paying millions to some idiots lefties to play heroes, he hired HEROES at reenact their real life.

20. Windy Day says:

Wow! Those guys are SO photogenic, too! What a cool way to make them heroes all over again!!

21. I would love it if not using professional actors to play these parts became a trend, and then supported by patriotic Americans. It would change the entire industry.

22. Southpaw says:

Could it be in response to Bradley Cooper’s statements after portraying Chris Kyle?

23. golsono says:

Self Implosion. take no action. Watch + observe

24. Optimistic? says:

Real life hero stars in a movie.

That is how Audie Murphy got his start.

• Lucille says:

Yes and no. His exploits came to the attention of James Cagney and he got Murphy his entry into films but no starring roles. It wasn’t until 1955 that Murphy’s war bio in which he starred–“To Hell and Back–was released.

A little aside…Robert Stack was a friend of Murphy’s. Back in the early 70s I was working with Stack. I don’t remember how Murphy’s name came up, but Stack told me that Murphy had PTSD (I think he used the term “shell-shocked”) and Murphy wasn’t the kind of guy you’d want to mess over…you could see it in his eyes. If harassed, he would become very still and polite but he gave off the feel of a man who would stand his ground and take no guff.

25. Doug says:

I am so pumped for this … and even if they turn out to be shit actors I’ll still be buying a ticket to this film

26. Bouchart says:

The empty chair will make a cameo appearance.

27. zephyrbreeze says:

I’m soooo happy to hear this. My son has been awarded 2 purple hearts. He was also shot in the chest and and due to superior body armor, lived with a bruise the size of a dinner plate for weeks unable to lift his arms above his head for a month.

We have such little regard for real sacrifice and real war violence. The American spirit is nothing short of astonishing. God Bless America. And thank God for Clint Eastwood for “getting it.”

28. Abster says:

I love Clint Eastwood. He is another real man – not many left. So cool what he’s doing using these real life heroes rather than actors. I bet Hollywood is having a t-total duck fit. Haven’t been to movie theatre in years. Would purchase tickets to this.

29. dayallaxeded says:

Audie Murphy and Jimmy Stewart, among other greats, are smiling down on thess heroes and Eastwood! if 1oe more Oscars aren’t awarded, we’ll know it’s fixed.

30. Jimmy Jack says:

I read that book and to be honest, it wasn’t particularly well written. I read it anyway because the story was so inspiring. What these bit said was true incredible. I can’t remember which one it was now but there was one of the three who truly moved ahead to save people despite the clear risk to themselves and being injured. I think it may have been Sadler but it could have been Skarlotos. It was definitely one of the two.

For those of us here who keep talking about the clear hand of God being in Trump, this is a story where it seems also to be the case. It was a very odd series of actions that put those three on the train at that time on that day – they ha not originally planned to travel when they did. The three met while students at a conservative Christian school, two (Skarlotos and Sandler) who were the kids of single mothers who really sacrificed to have their kids in a private Christian school. The third boy was there on a sports scholarship.

31. TwoLaine says:

Thank God Clint isn’t done yet! It was just a couple of weeks ago that someone on here told me he died. 🙂

I think this is FAB-U-LOUS! Not only did they risk their lives overseas, they came home to a nasty crowd who attempted to harm them on their home turf. So disgusting. I wonder if Clint’s children had anything to do with this decision. I look forward to seeing this movie.

32. amr632 says:

Additionally, although Spencer Stone’s thumb was almost cut off, he applied pressure to a passenger’s neck wound to save his life. They keep their heads and a massacre was avoided.

33. 6x47 says:

It is cool. I just hope they can act!