Monday June 19th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

141 Responses to Monday June 19th – Open Thread

1. Lucille says:

Start off Monday with something sweet and peaceful…

Cats See A Deer For The First Time – Let’s Watch The Cats And The Deer
    Lucky Ferals

2. Wend says:

Beautiful! The animals and the forest/.

3. Donna in Oregon says:

An Old Irish Blessing

May love and laughter light your days,
    and warm your heart and home.
    May good and faithful friends be yours,
    wherever you may roam.
    May peace and plenty bless your world
    with joy that long endures.
    May all life’s passing seasons
    bring the best to you and yours!

4. hugofitch1 says:

5. I’m bad and proud

6. citizen817 says:

• tappin52 says:

Wow! I had heard about this, but I had not seen the video until now. Amazing work, guys.

• piper567 says:

David Eubanks is a Christian worker, a former Special Ops, who currently, with his family, is in Iraq.
        His home base is Thai/Burma, where he brings native people to safety when they are displaced due to Burma Army. He organizes camps which have a strong Evangelical focus. Trains native people for response to medical emergencies and survival.
        If you are interested in knowing more of him, go to Free Burma Rangers, where much of what is going on now in Iraq is reported from the point of view of his org and their doings.
        Its a very unusual perspective.
        He and his family are supported by many many US churches, one of which I attended for years.
        I have spent time with David and his family, and they are quite remarkable. Fearless beyond your wildest imagination.

• CiscoKid says:

Not bad for a 56 year old.

7. suejeanne1 says:

in case anyone is interested in getting the hang of the rosary, you can find the videos on youtube of Father Mitch Pacwa (search: EWTN, Rosary “Holy Land” – the playlist is 4 videos, one for each set of mysteries (Glorious, Joyful, Luminous and Sorrowful) – I tried it tonight, to see if I could do it that way if I miss the 4:30 am “showing” on EWTN – it seemed like it bogged down toward the end but maybe that was my computer. Just passing this along! I am trying to change my ways, not watching so much tv news –

8. Donna in Oregon says:

The Just for Today

Just for today I will try to live through this day only & not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today I will be happy. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Just for today I will adjust myself to what is & not try to adjust everything else to my desires. I will take my “luck” as it comes & fit myself into it.

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study; I will learn something useful; I will not be a mental loafer; I will read something that requires effort, thought & concentration.

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn & not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count; I will do at least two things I don’t want to do–just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as good as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything & not try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.

Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry & indecision.

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself & relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective on my life.

Just for today I will be unafraid. I will enjoy that which is beautiful & will believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

9. smiley says:

Summer Vacation

1886

oil/canvas

Anders Zorn (1860-1920) ~ Sweden ~ Impressionism/Realism

🙂

• georgiafl says:

Amazing.

• smiley says:

correction…

the painting above is a WATERCOLOR…

and it was the artist’s preliminary “study”…or “sketch”.. for this painting…

Summer Delight

watercolor

Anders Zorn

this is a painting of the artist and his wife, Emma, upon return from their honeymoon.

and this painting sold for a record $3.35 million in 2010.

🙂

I actually like the “sketch” watercolor, best.

• Lburg says:

I love the edge of the blue bench and the rocks on the dock in the final version. And his face looks so happy – as if he’s looking into a camera. Gotta go with the final one, Smiley!

• smiley says:

that internet image posted of the final painting looks washed-out to me…tried to find a better one but no luck…

I like the sketch b/c the contrasts are deeper & it looks like a night painting (?) and I have a special fondness for night paintings.

will try to find a better image of the final piece, for you. 🙂

• Lburg says:

Awww…. Thanks! That sets my day up to be spectacular! And just for you, here is a morning photo (with plenty of contrast!) I took a year or so ago….yes, Morning.

• smiley says:

beautiful & mysterious morning mist…did you use a filter ?

another great shot from your back yard…or front yard ? 🙂

seems I can almost see the hint of a water reflection of the tree.

you have an eye…do you paint by any chance ?

• Lburg says:

No – no filter. Just a cheap little digital camera with a couple of scene settings. Good – eye your own self! That IS the tree outline – the sun was already well over the horizon.

I don’t formally paint – but have a huge appreciation for those who do, developed in part by a spectacular elementary school teacher and fueled by good old fashioned curiosity.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Thanks Smiley. They are beautiful.

• georgiafl says:

Both are amazing…. the foreground water showing the rocks through the clear shallow water and the sheen on the surface….wow.

• smiley says:

he handled WATER perfectly….the most difficult thing to paint, imo….because you can’t think of it as “wet” when painting it…have to see it as lights & darks…colors.

and w/o the benefit of a photograph handy to help “abbreviate” the lights/darks, it becomes even more challenging.

it’s said that Winslow Homer ❤ would sit for hours just staring at the water…acquaintances worried that he might be despondent or depressed but he was quite content !

he was just MEMORIZING the water reflections…lights & darks…in their patterns, "photographing" it, in his mind. 🙂

• Sloth1963 says:

The water in the final is unreal! I’m with you in liking the sketch better. The lighting captured in the sketch is far more dramatic.

10. Dora says:

Ivan Aivazovsky – “Tempest on the Sea at Night” (1849)

11. smiley says:

more thoughts for strength when we feel overwhelmed….

trust in HIS timing

rely on HIS promises

wait for HIS answers

believe in HIS miracles

rejoice in HIS goodness

Relax in HIS presence…

Come near to GOD, and HE will come near to you. ~ James 4:8

🙂

• duchess01 says:

Amen, smiley! Good reminders of God’s love for us!

• duchess01 says:

Matthew Chapter 6 [KJV]

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
      32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
      33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
      34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

• smiley says:

love those verses…

don’t you think we sometimes get NEEDS and WANTS confused ?

what we really NEED vs what we just WANT/Desire….don’t really need it, just want it.

people have SO MUCH STUFF nowadays.

• duchess01 says:

Most definitely, smiley! A wise man once gave me this advice: Be sure to separate your NEEDS from your WANTS – and make sure you know the difference!

Too much STUFF, smiley – Yes!

• MTeresa says:

This past year, we’ve been through somewhat of a revelation about “stuff”. After over 20 years, we relocated to a smaller home/yard, less maintenance, smaller worries, simpler life. For a portion of that time, we lived in a 500 square foot bungalow and realized how much stuff we held onto that we did not need. Our household goods were packed for about 4 months and much of the crap we had packed we ended up getting rid of (sell, give, donate, or dump). It’s remarkable how uplifting that is. There are many people who would be thrilled to have some of the stuff that is sitting around our homes. Why not let someone else enjoy it? If it can’t be passed down – make the hard decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of. It really is a conscious decision between want and need. Honestly, it’s quite cathartic.

We now eat on the “good” dining room table, use the “good” china, burn the fancy candles, and use the ‘good” towels. Heck, if not today, when?

• Coldeadhands says:

If we but open the door, He is there.

• Mike says:

I am working on a personal economic problem that I have. The verses in the Bible, “seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened” keep reverberating in my head spontaneously, without any “forcing it” on my part.

I know what God is saying to me. He’s saying, “Proceed. All will be well. You just watch.”
      I have to take a little leap of faith, which I find is always terrifying. But those leaps of faith always provide big dividends, as they lead to spiritual and physical growth. A deeper relationship with my boss. IME.

• MTeresa says:

This past week, our Deacon was talking about faith. He said, not once have any of his children come up to him and asked, “Dad, how’s that checkbook looking this month?” He said, we need to have childlike faith like they do. Trust me, I know it’s not always easy – I am a real worrier.

Pray unceasingly. Tell Him and unload your burdens – He listens. The answer might not be what you expect, but it may make sense later on. Have faith, my friend.

12. Dora says:

A cattle drive! I love it.

==

150 Head Of Cattle Mooove Down Main Street In Pleasanton: WATCH

A small group of animal rights protesters followed along with the procession carrying signs and chanting.

13. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.”
    John 6:35 (KJV)

14. duchess01 says:

15. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

16. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels! Looks like yet another week of the same ol’ same ol’….

photo a.m.20russia20again.jpg

17. Martin says:

Anybody currently living in the southwestern part of the U.S.? Wow….. are you guys dealing with some serious heat? Getting as hot as 120 degrees or higher? At least it’s dry heat.

18. duchess01 says:

SUNDAY, JUNE 18, 2017
    If You Being Evil Fathers…

19. StormyeyesC says:

IMPORTАNT: FBI Аgеnt ЕXPOSЕD Jаmеs Comеy Аnd Sеnt This Еxtrеmеly Comprоmising List To Thе Аmеrican Nаtion

SPECIAL REPORT: Ex-FBI Agent decided to talk about what is actually happening in the FBI. Cesar Paz was a top rated federal agent with 22 years of experience. He shocked the nation today as he posted his video in which he has some certain questions of a HUGE IMPORTANCE that need to be answered.
    Cesar Paz started his speech in a very cynical and original way. If you remember, James Comey in his last testimony claimed that Loretta Lynch told him to not to call Hillary’s email serves case an INVESTIGATION, but to call it a matter.
    She intentionally ordered Comey to call it a matter and, probably, she also did everything in her power as an Attorney General to protect Hillary Clinton and her accomplices.
    “I’m a retired agent from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not the the Federal Bureau of Matter, or Matters.”-started Paz.
    Then, he continued warning us about the huge REVELATIONS that he is going to share with us.
    DEAR READERS, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION! These are extremely important revelations and you have to consider the fact that the mainstream media will NEVER publish this story, so please make your commitment and SHARE this story everywhere!

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL LIST OF SOME OF AGENT PAZ’S QUESTIONS FOR JAMES COMEY that he needs to answer as soon as possible.
    SHARE THIS LIST EVERYWHERE-THIS BRAVE MAN DESERVES ATTENTION!
    Isn’t it true that you were an assistant U.S. attorney for a prosecutor between 1996 and 2003?
    In your official capacity at the Department of Justice, did you investigate and did you clear Bill Clinton of any wrongdoing for extending a presidential pardon to Marc Rich, a fugitive from justice, a fugitive of the United States?
    Isn’t it true that between 2003 and 2005, you held a position with the office of the Attorney General?
    Isn’t it true that in 2005, you resigned from the Department of Justice and accepted a job as the senior vice-president with the office of general counsel at Lockheed Martin, a company that is a major, major military contractor?
    Isn’t it true that in 2010, when you were employed with Lockheed Martin, Lockheed won 17 approvals for private contracts with the Department of State while Hillary Clinton was the Secretary of State?
    Isn’t it true that in 2010, while you were employed with Lockheed Martin, Lockheed became a major contributor to the Clinton Foundation and non-profit organizations?
    Isn’t it true that in late 2010, after Lockheed was awarded those contracts by the Hillary Clinton State Department, you stepped down from Lockheed and received a $6 million payout for your services?
    Isn’t it true that in 2013, the largest bank of England, HSBC, was being investigated by federal authorities for laundering billions of dollars for the Mexican drug cartels, channeling money to the Middle East, specifically Iran, which is in violation of the law?
    Isn’t it true that Robert Mueller, former director of the FBI and now the special counsel to investigate the alleged “collusion” between the Trump campaign and Russia… isn’t it true that Mr. Mueller was the chief counsel at HSBC… the same bank that was laundering money for the cartels?
    Isn’t it true that HSBC was a significant Clinton Foundation contributor? That Bill Clinton was being paid about $200,000 for his speeches at HSBC events… and this is while Mrs. Clinton was the Secretary of State? No conflict of interest there?
    Isn’t it true that HSBC was basically let off the hook with a $1.2 billion fine – which was paid by shareholders – and none of its officers, managers, directors were charged criminally or let go? Isn’t it true that while all hell was breaking loose at HSBC, YOU, Mr. Comey, were appointed as a director and member of the board at HSBC to assist with damage control?
    THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT-SHARE THIS QUESTIONS, EVERY AMERICAN DESERVES TO SEE THIS!
    Isn’t it true, Mr. Comey, that your salary went from $206,000 in 2002 when you were a government employee, to $33.5 million in 2012…. And that you earned these moneys while working for entities that were major contributors to the Clintons?
    Isn’t it true that you worked for Bridgewater Associates between 2010 and 2013, and that they are also a major contributor to the Clintons?
    Isn’t it true that you worked for Columbia University in 2013 as a senior research scholar at the school of law, and that Columbia University is also a major contributor to the Clintons?
    Isn’t it true that you gave this memo that you wrote on Bureau time on a classified computer in a Bureau car… and you gave this memo to Daniel Richman, your friend, a liberal professor (at Columbia), and he gave this memo to the New York Times?
    Mr. Comey, you were appointed FBI Director by former President Obama in 2013, as Secretary Clinton was leaving the State Department. Isn’t it true that you were appointed by Obama as FBI Director because you had proven yourself to be of service to the Clintons and their associates and entities that contribute millions of dollars to the Clintons’ non-profit organizations?
    Isn’t it true that you, as Director of the FBI in 2013 did absolutely nothing in regards to the missing $2 billion from the State Department finances, and this happened while Mrs. Clinton was Secretary of State?
    Isn’t it true, that while you were Director of the FBI, for over two years, nothing happened as a result of the FBI “investigations” into the Clinton non-profit organizations?
    If it had not been for the emails that were leaked involving Mrs. Clinton and her associates, all this would be unknown to everyone. But these emails were leaked… and fortunately, the truth is coming out.
    Isn’t it true that Mrs. Clinton and other subjects of the investigation were never advised of their Miranda rights, which is used by FBI agents during interviews… this form was never executed.

Agent Paz really made my day. Nobody expected something like this, but the time has come. We witness TERROR every day. We see that people kill people on American soil just because of political/ideological differences.
    We can not allow them to continue with this. This was agent Paz’s duty and our duty is to share this everywhere. The ignorance ends here, the liberal tyranny and fascism will be destroyed.
    JOHN 8:32 “THEN YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH, AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE”

20. StormyeyesC says:

sorry posted on wrong page…………..

21. Ozzie says:

violence without reason! People have become void of truth, they wander about searching with blind eyes. Each new attack, or riot, shakes them into emotion.
    I like to see people who have just received Jesus into their hearts. When their spirit is quickened and they feel the love of God fill them. I always say if you ever feel his love, you will be changed forever. THAT, is true power. An addiction for his presence that consumes you because his love is so fulfilling. You cannot know love until you know Gods love for you, then you repeat it to others.
    We are all jewels reflecting Gods light into the world, each has his own color and place. When we turn it inward we are dull, colorless. When we turn it out we are brilliant and dazzling. God the light we the vessel to reflect his glory.
    When we see as God sees we cannot fail, we are of God the creator of all things created.
    As our options become fewer and fewer for mans redemption, God becomes more obvious.

22. Mike says:

Lot’s of Wisdom in this song:

23. Mike says:

Huey Lewis could really rock it out. He is overall a good guy, too. I watched an interview with him long after he hit the big time. He was humble, and never lost his working class/ar band roots even after he became a rock star.

24. MK Wood says:

The Supreme Court issued a ruling today that will limit the governments attempt at stifling speech. The case of Matal v Tam, where Matal is/was the interim director of the US Patent and Trademark office v Tam the front man of a rock group of Asian ethnicity who named their band The Slants. The US refused to give the band a trademark citing it was offensive. The band sued and won in a lower court. The government then filed a suit against that ruling and it went to the Supreme Court.

25. Dora says:

I’m not sure what they are implying in this article, but it’s frightening me.

==

Is The World On The Brink Of Seeing Jared Kushner Bring The 7-Year Peace Covenant Prophesied By The Prophet Daniel?

Today, the Wall Street Journal reports that “President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser, Jared Kushner, plans to travel to the Middle East this week to try to advance U.S. efforts to reach an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal, a White House official said Sunday. The trip marks the White House’s first major follow up to Mr. Trump’s trip to the region last month and suggests Mr. Kushner’s policy portfolio is far from shrinking despite scrutiny by federal investigators into his meetings with Russian officials.”

26. georgiafl says:

How Cats Used Humans to Conquer the World:

Interesting article talks about the gene mutation that caused tabby coat pattern centuries ago.

Article says cats first began to associate with humans with the development of agriculture. With the storage of grain came the mice, and suddenly cats came to the rescue!

27. Trent Telenko says:

Sundance,

See this breaking news story —

=====
    BREAKING: Paris Terror Attack Targets Police on the Champs-Elysees, Suspect is Yet Another ‘Known Wolf’

But you’d guessed that already, hadn’t you?

Posted at 12:23 pm by Stephen Green

28. This article is a bit dated but first I saw it. Seems that when ever any SJW group or person is confronted by the courts or people that fight back they cry just kidding really did not mean it!

29. MarxFreeTV says:

Here’s an educational video series for your perusal: Race in America: Black and White.

30. Lucille says:

So adorable…

Meet Jill: the most famous pet squirrel on the Internet

31. Jim in TN says:

Van driver in London attack identified as Darren Osborne, 47 Living in Cardiff Wales, 4 kids born in Singapore

32. smiley says:

sheesh…Yellowstone’s being hit by a SWARM of earthquakes, lately…

Yellowstone Super Volcano Hit By A Swarm Of More Than 230 Earthquakes In One Week

6/19/17

11:55 am

this “swarm” started last week, and on June 15, a magnitude 4.5 earthquake hit Yellowstone National Park…largest since March 2014.

today, a magnitude 3 hit about 9 miles NNE of Yellowstone, Montana.

33. Lumina says:

Why is this news…? Is Michelle starting a workout club, or producing a workout video ala Jane Fonda, or writing an exercise book , or starting a girlfriend weekend web blog…?

34. Kathy says:

Dear Team Sundance … In case you haven’t yet been officially notified, The Conservative Treehouse won this recent poll:

Which conservative blog should receive the 5th Annual Paul Revere Award? http://politicalclownparade.blogspot.com/2017/06/poll-is-now-open-begin-voting-for-fifth.html
    FINAL results Saturday 6/17/2017 @ 11:30pm:
    1228 votes — TheLastRefuge (first place)
    574 votes — Knuckledraggin’ (second place)

Winning this poll might generate a wave of new visitors asking questions previously asked and answered by veteran Treepers in years past. If this happens, you might want to consider posting another Q&A thread similar to this one from 2013. Just a suggestion. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/01/30/we-get-questions/

35. nimrodman says:

Dropping here in the open thread as well as over in the last USS Fitzgerald thread.

Reuters is now reporting the 1:30 am time of USS Fitzgerald collision, citing explicit public statement by Japanese Coast Guard spokesman:

An hour passed before Japan authorities were notified of Fitzgerald collision

“The collision happened at around 1:30 a.m. but it was not until 2:25 a.m. that the container ship informed the Japanese coastguard of the accident, said coastguard spokesman Takeshi Aikawa told Reuters.

“He declined to elaborate on why the ship took nearly an hour to report the accident but said it could take ships time to notify authorities as they dealt with more urgent matters.”

Similar reporting now in Daily Mail UK reporting, though be careful, some is “reporting” and some is conjecture or scenario-spinning by “experts” or “analysts”. But it does cite statements by the shipping company.

‘Everyone was asleep’: Japanese cargo ship was on AUTOPILOT when it collided with the USS Fitzgerald says defense expert – as the US Navy mysteriously claims the accident happened one HOUR after official recorded time

36. TreeperInTraining says:

Not sure if this was posted, but that killer of that young Muslim girl was an illegal alien from El Salvador.

Poor girl’s end was very violent. Smh.

I doubt we will hear much more about this case from the MSM. Imho

37. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

38. Broc Smith says:

I am an American and have lived and worked on China for 20 years. In 2009 China had Facebook but due to the Uigher uprising in Wilumuchi and it being used to solicite radical Islamic support from nearby communities and nation states, it was shut down. Government snipers were sent in an within 10 days the Muslim based support was curtailed leaving 160 dead in the streets. China has little problem with Islamic fundamentals as the do not coddle pecial interests, play political correctness and have zero tolerance for those who would disturb civic order and peas who.

39. Lucille says:

Steve Scalise deserved to die? Are ya kidding, liberals?

40. I just wanted to say.. My Misses operation went well today…
    OH LORD; HOLD ME..
    She doesn’t “remember” Who I am…
    She remembers she has a Daughter..
    Only slightly whom Her doctor is..
    But Me?
    No recollection…
    I’m at a LOSS,, ATM.. I maybe gone “Dark” for a few days.. until I digest this..
    I will NOT give up..

• auscitizenmom says:

Praying she will get well, and remember you.

• Blessings Kathy thank you for this update. Devestated for Crossthread, but will remain in prayer that Mrs C’s memory returns 💖💕💖 Crossthread we love you!! 💖💕 and are praying.

Crossthread, many prayers for you over on todays (Tuesday, June 20th) Gods love and comfort to you both 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸💖💖💖💕💕💕🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸