Happy Father’s Day

Fatherhood is the job that pays the least in monetary terms and the most in benefit to the world, along with motherhood. When a man chooses to become a father, biologically or with his heart, he makes a commitment that is lifelong and its impact is to be felt longer than his own life, into the future of his children, grandchildren, and yes, even great grandchildren.

Through his steadfast presence, his wisdom (most of it on the job, but maybe lots of it gained from his own father), his protection, his teaching, his prayers, sacrifice, love, discipline, encouragement and pride he tempers and builds the character and lives of his children.

Today, in gratitude and love, we pause to thank God for His precious gift of fathers, modeled in His own image. For all of you, we give thanks, we pray, we love you. And please, keep up the good work dads, in your job that has no off days, but great benefits.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to Happy Father’s Day

1. SandraOpines says:

Happy Fathers Day to my hubby (a silent Treeper). You are a fantastic hubby and father. ❤

• Ned says:

Happy Father’s Day!
      I LOVE my dad and my husband is a wonderful father and spouse.
      Fathers are SO important.
      Much love to all the fathers out there.
      Enjoy our day and know, you are irreplacable.
      REAL men, unaltered males drive the left nuts!

2. Ron says:

Since you posted that fantastic country George Strait song, here’s another great tear jerker country song for all the fathers out there.

3. Minnie says:

This Father’s Day is difficult, as it is for anyone who has recently lost a dad.

Dad was merely 5 years old when he arrived from Sicily with my Grandparents to the welcoming, open arms of Lady Liberty in New York Harbor.

He immersed himself in American culture and quickly assimilated and excelled.

Dad’s birthplace was Sicily, but he considered America his “homeland”. He was drafted by the Italian Army during the Korean War, he had already enlisted in the U.S. Army and served his new homeland, proudly.

Upon his safe return home, Dad became a fine member of New York’s Bravest; for over 30 years, Dad served the FDNY with integrity and dignity.

While Dad never did return to his place of birth, the culture of beautiful Sicilia remained a very important part of his life; in turn, he made it a part of ours.

Dad’s strong faith was a constant, and although attempts are made to emulate his patience and grace, I fall short of achieving the level of peace he made look so easy to attain. He was loved by all who had the privilege of meeting him.

Noble, honorable, courageous, compassionate, patient, gracious, endearing – all fittingly define Dad.

I miss Dad more than words express; it is an honor to be Dad’s daughter.

He is at peace in Heaven and we will see each other, again.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Minnie, I am sorry for your loss.

My dad went home to be with our Lord six years ago and I miss him every day. The older I got, the more I appreciated my parents. My dad was someone I could look up to and try to emulate my entire life. I am still trying to be the person he was.

There is just no greater blessing in this life than to have loving parents to teach us and protect us.

• teaforall says:

Minnie

I am so sorry for your loss. I know your pain. I still miss both of my parents every single day. Knowing they are both at peace is my comfort. God Bless
      Tea

• fleporeblog says:

Minnie your father was an incredible man! I could have easily wrote something so similar about my dad. He came to this country from Vietri di Potenza in Italy. He earned a high school degree and joined the Navy and served 2 years during Vietnam. He came back to
      NY married my mom and became a successful ice cream man. He owned 4 Mister Softee trucks. I modeled my entire life around his. It was the reason I joined the Navy during the first Iraqi war.

He passed away in 2010. At his funeral which was on December 10th, 20+ truck owners showed up at the church and played the famous gingle as we all road to the funeral home after the church service. At the burial site they played taps and presented my mom an American Flag. He was a man loved by everyone that ever got the chance to meet him. There never is a day that goes bye that I don’t think about him. I also look forward to being with him again one day in heaven.

• Minnie says:

Dad is missed so badly by so many, our memories help, as well as our belief we will be together again, one day.

Peace to all ❤️

4. Gil says:

On Mothers Day I shared a card my preschool age son made. He made a Father’s Day card while in school and this is how it reads:

My dad is… 6 years old.
    My dad weighs… 1 pound.
    My dad’s favorite color is… yellow.
    My dad’s favorite food is …pizza.
    My dad always says…”Eat your food so I can mow the lawn.”
    My dad laughs when…I tell jokes.
    If my dad had time he would love to…play.
    My dad and I like to…mow the lawn together. (Background: my son has a bubble mower and wears “ear puffs” while he follows daddy the entire time)
    My dad really loves…hugs and kisses.
    I LOVE my dad because…he gives me hugs and kisses.

To all dads, grandpas, uncles, and every which way in between, thanks a billion.
    (Besides, burp contests and inappropriately funny toots just arent the same without you!!!!!)

• Disgusted says:

Gil, This is priceless! Thank you for sharing it! Still wish you could have included a photo of your little guy!

• Gil says:

I have so so many, but my husband is extremely concerned about safety and privacy, esp for my son. Otherwise I would love to show you my exceptionally cute little boy! 😙😉

5. Happy Father’s Day to all fathers but especially to Donald Trump who is our father of the United States! May God bless him and keep him safe in his loving protection!

6. wheatietoo says:

Happy Fathers day to all our Treeper Dads!

Thank you for being good fathers…and teaching your sons how to be good dads.

It’s a tough job at times, and can bring a tough guy to his knees on occasion.
    But it is worth it.
    So thank you for persevering and helping to raise our next generation.

You are appreciated.
    Even though it probably doesn’t seem like it sometimes…you really are greatly appreciated.

7. Dora says:

8. teaforall says:

Happy Fathers Day to all our Treeper Dads ,you are the BEST. To all our Dad’s that are serving this Counry and could not be home we honor all of you.
    God Bless
    Tea

9. webgirlpdx says:

I miss you every day, Dad. Thank you for a life well lived.

Happy Father’s Day in Heaven.

10. Dora says:

11. JoD says:

Happy Father’s Day!
    Hoping your day is filled with hugs and kisses.
    Today and every day , I remember the BEST Father that God ever created.
    Pop, “Thank You” for the LOVE…miss you, forever.

12. straightstreet says:

Happy Father’s Day to my beloved husband – father to our children, now grand dad! He is a wonderful example of a loving husband, a follower of Christ, and a caring man of strength and character!
    Happy Father’s Day to all the dad’s and grand dad’s right here at CTH! You are who makes this nation great!

13. Lumina says:

I was just shy of turning 18 when my Dad died unexpectedly after surgery. My little brother was 16 & my 2 older siblings were married. That night I remember my Grandma saying something about my lil’ bro & I being so young, My response was that it was OK because Dad had taught what we needed to know, we would be fine. He taught us how to make do with what you got and love of family and nature.

In January when my lil’ brother passed away I wrote his obit & remembrance, I realized what a full circle of Dad’s lessons, hobbies & loves that my brother had and lived. My brother also has passed them to his children and niece.

It is funny to see a fleeting moment of my father’s mannerism or expression in my daughter, like the way she would adjust her baseball cap, Treasured moments.

Lastly, my husband is a wonderful father to our daughters. He did not put them on the princess pedestal and encouraged their interests. Both are beautiful and capable young ladies,

14. Pam says:

15. Pam says:

16. Pam says:

17. Pam says:

18. Pam says:

19. Red says:

Happy Father’s Day to all Treeper Dad’s. I lost my Daddy 10 years ago this year. There is not a day that goes by that I wish I could speak with him and getting his opinion on things going on in this crazy world. All of you Treeper guys help to fill that void. I really so appreciate your comments and opinions on things. I love reading ya’lls perspectives. Thank you all and have a wonderful Father’s Day!

20. Patriot1783 says:

Happy Father’s Day to all Treeper Dads, granddads, uncles, brothers and friends. Your invaluable influence of wisdom and strength on the little ones help shape to make them one day as strong contributors to society as you all have been.

21. NJ Transplant says:

Happy Father’s day to all. It is the second Father’s day since my father died. He was a wonderful man and person and I really miss him.

22. NJF says:

Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful dads who contribute to this great community.

Miss both my parents!

23. ZurichMike says:

A bit sad today for me today — first Father’s Day after the passing my dad last November.

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!

24. georgiafl says:

For those of us who were essentially fatherless, here is my post from last year.

God The Father wants to hold and comfort us. See Psalm 27:10

25. Lucille says:

Mark Steyn’s tribute to fathers…

Happy Father’s Day! June 18, 2017
    Steyn’s Song for the Season by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II

26. redlegleader68 says:

Treepers – while today is a joyous day for all dads, we know of 7 that are now enjoying today.

I wanted to share what I hope will bring just a little levity to us all and maybe a smile to some faces.

I think I have mentioned in the past that my daugher is working abroad and living in Cambridge, UK. My family is just about 100% extracted from the UK (pre-1740); however, Mrs. RedLeg is Italian from New Orleans. And, yes, she and my daughter speak fluent Italian. Anyways, for my birthday and father’s day, my daughter sends the following two items to me. I hope they post correctly. And the first one in particular is for our OK contingent … just saying’ … 😉

God Bless!!

27. kyasgrandma says:

My father has been dead almost 50 years.
    He was a hard worker – physical labor.

He and my dear mother supported their family well.
    We always had food to eat and clothes to wear and we were warm and safe and dry in our family home.

Sadly, my dad and I never “connected.” I wish we had.
    Mother said we were just alike so perhaps that was the problem.

He whipped me good many times – for things that I still think were just me being me.
    I clearly remember the physical pain and more intensely, the hurt he inflicted on my little child’s heart. Still brings me to tears.

But, I learned to respect him and appreciate him for doing what he could as a father and a husband. I understand why he behaved as he did – I know his life’s story.
    And, I know my mother loved him with all her heart.

My father-in-law has been dead for several years too.
    He was as close to the perfect father as any father I have ever known.

He was as manly a man as they come. A farmer.

But, oh! – what a tender heart he had!

He was generous and kind and compassionate. He was always available to lend a hand to those down on their luck. I’ve never heard anyone say an unkind word about him.

He was the parent he hoped his kids would be. The highest compliment anyone could give.

I am sure my father-in-law is in heaven now. My father? I don’t know. I hope he is too.

• Minnie says:

• GAPTOG says:

Kyasgram, I know what you mean. My earliest memory is being scolded VERY fiercely by my mother at the tender age of (from my memory of myself that day) around 3-4… and being put into the kitchen garbage pail, told to stay there and that I was being thrown away.

My dad worked shifts and wasn’t home. He never would’ve allowed such punishment, I’d like to believe. What I could have POSSIBLY done at that age to warrant that punishment, I have NO idea.

My reason for sharing this w you is to share that ur not alone in terrible childhood experiences or memories. And that, like you, I know what my mother’s childhood story is and having grown up I do believe she did the best she could.

I also wanted to share with you how I came to terms with this sad, painful memory. I’d heard or read somewhere that you should envision your younger self that is experiencing such pain and put your current, adult, self in the picture, reassuring and consoling your younger self that you are loved and worthy of love. Hugging yourself if needed but to share that you’re loved. As an adult would try to do to a scared, sad, injured child.

I did this, I came to terms with this memory/experience and while I accept and love my mother for who she is, there’s a certain level of ‘like’ for her that’s not there. And that’s ok. I’m ok.

I wish you peace. And love.

• kyasgrandma says:

Interesting that you mentioned this technique. One of my memories was a whipping so horrible that I bled…just because I asked my dad to rock me.
        I have often wished there had been someone to comfort me that night.
        So sad…
        I will use the technique when the sorrowful memories come.
        Thank you so very much.

28. georgiafl says:

Substitute Dads escort little girl to first day of school:

Imagine the interview process for ‘first date’ and ‘proposal of marriage’!

29. Garrison Hall says:

When I was seven and in the second grade, a bully up the street made walking home from school a miserable experience. Every day was a new torment. When I told my dad about what was happening he took me into the back yard and taught me to fight back, how to throw a punch. I was just a skinny little kid and the bully was a full head taller so my dad, in good red-neck fashion, told me to “go cut yourself a stick and hide it so you can reach it” . . . I did just that and, next day, when the bully and his biddies approached me I led him behind the house, picked up the stick and made a full-on swing catching him across the forehead. Bleeding like stuck pig, he stared at me in complete shock and, as I rared back to hit him again, he ran home and never messed with me again. What my father taught me on that day was not violence but empowerment. That lesson has served me well for my entire life.

30. Dora says:

They’re Back. 🙂

31. Lucille says:

Pastor Robert Jeffress is such a good man, patriot and father to his flock….

32. nwtex says:

33. Michael says:

My dad was a depression era child. We didn’t get along is saying mildly..

I was born an inquisitive a risk taker and his childhood made him very risk adverse. His attempts to “control” me just made me extremely rebellious. I must say his attempts to what I now know as attempts to protect me ended up giving me an “interesting” life LOL.
    I have been 99% dead 3 times but boy have I had fun along the way!
    Thank God for trauma surgeons and the USCG.

He was killed in a rehab facility after a knee operation by people not reading his chart and overdosing him. At 82 he had more energy than I did or do. At least he went peacefully.

I didn’t really grow up I guess until my sixties and by then it was too late to say “I love you dad”.

If you reading this have a beef with a loved one don’t let it stop you from saying those three little words.

34. Happy #FathersDay to the best President and father that has been in the White House for many years. @realDonaldTrump @POTUS #MAGA pic.twitter.com/itlNRVOYjy— M A Nöthem (@mikandynothem) June 18, 2017

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js