Update: Majority Whip Steve Scalise Upgraded to “Serious” Condition…

The latest update from MedStar Washington Hospital Center reflects an improvement over the past 24 hours for House Majority Whip Steve Scalise.Β  Previously he was in “critical” condition; the latest update shows “serious”, an improvement.

Released on behalf of the Scalise family, Saturday, June 17, 2017, 6 p.m.

Congressman Steve Scalise is in serious condition. He underwent another surgery today, but continues to show signs of improvement. He is more responsive, and is speaking with his loved ones. The Scalise family greatly appreciates the outpouring of thoughts and prayers.

Note: This is the final update for the weekend. (LINK)

Tough Father’s Day for the Scalise family.

This entry was posted in Bernie Sanders, Death Threats, GOP DC Shooting, media bias, President Trump, Terrorist Attacks, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

157 Responses to Update: Majority Whip Steve Scalise Upgraded to “Serious” Condition…

1. Pam says:

Yes, tough weekend indeed but it’s very encouraging not only the improvement but also the fact he is now able to speak with his family. Keeping praying folks because it’s working.

2. mariclaire81 says:

This is wonderful news. Everyone keep praying πŸ™

3. kinthenorthwest says:

Keep on praying Thank you Sundance for the update.
    Oh heavenly Father keep Scalise and his family in your loving comforting healing hands..Give them comfort, and rain down your healing on Steve.
    Amen.

4. Pam says:

5. Gil says:

It IS a tough Father’s Day, for the entire Scalise family, but you know what?
    They get to HAVE a Father’s Day, TOGETHER.
    Best wishes to Mr. Scalise and his family.

6. conservalicious says:

This will most likely be the most meaningful Father’s Day ever for the Scalise Family. So glad that he is improving and so happy for the family that loves him so much and faced losing him forever. Praise God!

7. Deb says:

Praise the Lord for He is good.

May God continue to comfort the victims and their families and may all the injured have full recoveries.

We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

8. Bendix says:

Has the Harridan even offered up a thought?
    She’s hiding from culpability, just as she did the night of the Benghazi attack.
    I hate to link her with this man, that’s why I didn’t say her name, but this is on her, and she can’t even be bothered to say the usual amount of words someone in a position such as hers would say.
    What a stinking lousy way to go through life. Ugh. {{spit}}.

• Lack is not all says:

She is so upset: she lost a soldier, wasted lots of money and didnt accomplish what she wanted. Must be tough to be Hillary these days.

9. Lucille says:

It’s a privilege to pray for Congressman Scalise and his family this Fathers’ Day and every day. It’s a time for his family to draw close, showing him the love and devotion they feel toward him. I’m sure that he and they will be counting their blessings in spite of what Evil had intended.

As with our military men and women, Scalise took one for us all. In whatever way we can, let’s double down on our efforts to defeat those who hate us and who wish harm on our good and honorable servants. May they who serve the evil forces of this world have no reward in this life nor the next.

• MaineCoon says:

“Scalise took one for us all.”

This is exactly what President Trump said in Miami/Cuba speech. “Scalise took a bullet for us.” He said is 2x.

It had a sobering effect on me. But by the grace of God others have been spared.

10. georgiafl says:

Definitely need to continue praying.

Congressman Scalise underwent another surgery today.

The different medical states are described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_state

11. WeThePeople2016 says:

Scalise is a fighter. Besides the Doctors, his determination and the outpouring of supports and prayers have gotten him through this terrible ordeal. He still has a long way to go, though, but this is very good news.
    I have had surgery in my stomach/pelvis region, and the worst part was not the healing of the stitches. The worst part was the adhesions from the surgery that took effect about 6 months after the surgery. I cannot even describe the pain – it was off the charts, and it appeared at least once a month for at least two days for well over a year or more. Since Scalise’s organs have been affected and needed surgery, I do not envy him when/if the adhesions start to kick in.

• janc1955 says:

I think I have an abdominal adhesion as well, from a surgery 25 years ago. I’ve had a few abdominal surgeries, but knock on wood, I seem to have just the one painful adhesion. And you’re right about the pain – it literally takes your breath away. I was just reading a little about adhesions, and everyone is different relative to whether they develop them post-surgery, and how many occur. Hopefully Scalise will be one of the lucky ones.

• StuckInBlue says:

Have any doctors recommended ultrasound massage to you, to break up some or all of the adhesions? It’s often used for muscle adhesions.

12. Sayit2016 says:

Yes…. a tough Fathers day in many ways but also a Father’s Day for them to celebrate. He is still with them. He is alive! I pray for their family to have many more Father’s days to come. Those beautiful kids were almost left Fatherless……Lord…the Father of ALL Fathers. Thank you. I am trying to stay focused on prayer and gratitude– but I am a human being and I hate the mind set capable of this heinous cowardly act.

13. aprilyn43 says:

Thank the Living God – Now just keep praying!

14. Brian L says:

These surgeons deserve a damn medal.

• As well as the Paramedics, firemen/EMTs….pre-hosoital care to deliver Rep Scalise able, in God and the Drs hands. Most deserving of the highest honors all of them.

I suspect Trump45 will honor them at the Ovsl Office and then some. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Delibero says:

Ditto and also the team of nurses that are sitting at his bedside 24/7 monitoring his vitals and ensuring he is hydrated etc. Hopefully, when Rep.Scalise recovers, President Trump will have Steve, his family, some of the main doctors and nurses etc. at the WH for a special appreciation ceremony or something similar.

• Oh i just remembered also a congressman who was a combat trauma surgeon i believe in Iraq…a Treeper posted the info and he helped Steve on the field…. Congressman Wein…something i believe

15. Continuing to pray for those who dreadfully wounded in Va. May the Great Physician, Jesus Christ, continue to heal and restore them to their loved ones.

16. fleporeblog says:

Thank you SD for this great news! With our missing 7 sailors still out at sea, this news helps to put a smile on my face and allows me to double down on my prayers for Rep Scalise, the other 4 that were shot, our beloved President and the seven sailors.

17. Twinkletoes says:

Please do not forget to include the lobbyist who was shot in your prayers. Matt Mika is still in intensive care and is still listed in critical condition. He requires help breathing and is awaiting more surgeries also.

18. elleb77 says:

It could have been a much worse Father’s Day for them. I’m so grateful he is alive and showing improvement. God is good.

19. Delibero says:

Hallelujah was the 1st word that came to mind when I read the headline.

I know it is still early but this is a very encouraging step forward. The Scalise family picture is β€œAs Good as it Gets” in life from a personal perspective and I hope and pray that they will have many more family pictures ahead in the future. Loving, close families are priceless and a nation (minus the depraved) are pulling for Steve to remain a vital member of his family. I am looking forward to watching Steve’s public reaction to all the outpouring of love and prayers he and his family have receiving from millions of sincere Americans and others across the world.

Best wishes also for Matt Mika’s recovery as well as the 2 heroic police officers. Officer David Bailey’s 1st pitch ceremony at the game the next day and Zach Barth’s recovery are borderline miracles.

20. alliwantissometruth says:

“Tough Father’s Day for the Scalise family”

Yes it is, & thank God they received a bit of good news too

Not to harp on this, seeing that this thread is about something positive, but this “tough day” was brought to the family by the gutless cowards on the left. Unfortunately, there will be many more tough days for a lot of people, if the gutless cowards in our government don’t stop the gutless cowards on our streets

This tough day for the Scalise family can be turned into something positive for the country if law & order, along with integrity & honor, are restored in our halls of power

The time for talk is over. This disease called leftism needs to be crushed & defeated once & for all. That starts with law enforcement using the full weight of their power against these malcontents & miscreants. That means government employees, judicial activists, media, academia, internet groups & street thugs

They can spew all the ideological nonsense they want, but they can’t…

Incite violence
    Use their office or position to undermine & subvert the law or the country
    Make up phony narratives for political purposes
    Indoctrinate & brainwash our younger generations
    Shut down free speech
    Use actual violence against the citizenry

Restore the rule of law in every facet of our country, & leftism will wilt & become the fringe joke it truly is

• Grandma Covfefe says:

I Agree.

• Sedanka says:

There are almost nothing but gutless cowards in the current GOP. All their “courage” is used to fight Trump, not the hate-filled violent and now murderous left. Trump and the few people he’s brought in from the real world (outside of govt) are all we have right now. They can do a lot, but we need to do everything we can to primary and replace our cowardly GOP politicians.

• Shark24 says:

Excellent post and those 6 points you listed need to go viral. I’ll do my part! God bless

21. kinthenorthwest says:

Scalise’s and America’s Healing is in His hands.
    Our Lord covers us all with His loving healing hands if only we trust in His plan.
    Thank you Lord for keeping your healing hands on Scalise, Scalise’s family, our American leaders, America & Americans.

22. dizzymissl says:

• Terrific!!! Go Tigers!!! And i dont even have a “tiger in the game” …but I do have a Lion πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• BAMAFan says:

Heck. I’ll put aside SEC differences tonight and root for Steve’s LSU Tigers. (Oooh, that hurt.) Speedy recovery Steve.

• suejeanne1 says:

Geaux Tigers!

What a beautiful country – there just have to be more good people than bad – I love that picture of Congressman Scalise with his wife and children, so precious – it just made me have a bit of a crying jag the other day when this all happened –

I am SO proud of him and his family, I do not know them but I can see everything good and loving – and I am SO proud of our President and our First Lady – it does me good to see them with Barron on their way to Camp David –

when my Mom and I were up all night all the time with my stepdad who had dementia, we would just go ahead and say “Hallelujah” when we were in the midst of things – dear Dad had dementia but be was such a good man all his life and “Dad” to me – so in nighttime adventures involving mirrors, windows, door locks, Allen wrenches (to unlock doors), running water, whatnot –

we would say “Hallelujah” and “Thank You, Jesus” – and be grateful we had the privilege of taking care of him – and realizing there were others in this old world right in the same middle of the night, who were doing it all alone – dear God, please pour your grace down on them, give them a little puff of wind in their sails that they need right now.

23. Frankly Ben says:

Thank goodness those cops were there!

We must recognize the threats against our very way of life. Congressman Scalise survived this hate crime but will retain its scars for the rest of his life.

The Republican Party – and the country narrowly avoided a slaughter of unimaginable proportions.

Let us all resolve to end, once a for all, the attempts by many to destroy the Trump presidency. The Mueller fiasco must come to an end and special prosecutors must immediately address the multiple criminal outrages against our republic.

Enough of this charade of special investigation against this grand experiment of democracy. We must stop this nonsense and we must stop it now!

Enough! Enough! Get this Mueller snake out of his viper’s pit and let’s go all out
    against the treacherous traitors trying to tear this great country down.

24. aredtailblog says:

Good to see his family can at least be around him on Fathers Day.

25. killdozer says:

It reminds me of that polish nun from the 30 s she wrote a diary I cant remember it`s name ,something about O blood and water or the merciful Savior ,>in her (Diary, number 1541). comes to mind

• O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
      miraculous image of the Divine Mercy

• NewNonna!!! says:

Part of the Devine Mercy Novena, the above is from, is as follows:

‘For the sake of His sorrowful Passion,
        Have Mercy on us and on the whole world.’

Memorize this, especially if you don’t pray the entire novena, and say daily, often, every time you think of the condition of our precious country.

It is imploring God, the Creator of all, for His Mercy, for the sake of the incredible Passion endured for us by His Beloved Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Quick question: if every thing is relative, and there is no right or wrong, no turning from God by immoral, or evil, choices, why did God, Who became man in the Person of Jesus Christ, come, suffer, die and rise for us???

How foolish is man.

PS: EWTN religious catalog has the Divine Mercy Chaplet available on CD. it’s about 20 minutes long and ez to pop in during a commute to or from work, school, errands etc. I encourage all Deplorables to buy it and pray. Being Catholic is not a requirement.

Lord, hear our prayers. Amen. πŸ™πŸΌ

• YvonneMarie says:

Sister Faustina – The Devine Mercy prayer is popular.

26. Ziiggii says:

Good to hear he’s up talking now

27. Mr. Morris says:

Miracles do happen. Prayers for those still hospitalized, Steve Scalise, Matt Mika, Crystal and the other police officer as well as those recovering at home.

28. Concerned Virginian says:

I think what we’re seeing here with Rep. Scalise is proof of the existence of God.
    Our strong hope is that he continues to improve despite the odds, and that Mr. Mika is upgraded from his current condition.
    That said, none of the injured will be anywhere near out of danger until their conditions are upgraded to at least Fair.
    This whole situation is a huge reminder that Life and all it means can change in the blink of an eye…

• Minnie says:

Amen!!

There IS a true and loving God, I have witnessed His grace and blessings.

All one need do is open their eyes.

• kinthenorthwest says:

TY Virginia, you are so right–it reminded me of this poem.
      I wrote this several years ago when my brother died at the age of 62, a few weeks after the death of our mother at the age of 92. Even though it was a bit of a sad occasion, was glad that we were able to enjoy each other’s company for one last weekend.

Lovingly Embrace
      When Do You Say Goodbye To That Very Special Someone
      When Do You Know Your Walk With Them Has Finally Ended
      Could It Be When The Sweeping Rivers Of Life No Longer Bend
      Or Maybe It Is When All The Sunsets And Sunrises Are Done

I Truly Believe There Is A Reason For All The Paths We Have In Life,
      No Matter How Great Or Horrid Any Of Them Might Possibly Be.
      All That We Come Across In Life Has A Message For Us All To See
      Remember Look Up With A Smile Even If It Seems Filled With Strife

Some People Are Meant To Be With Us Until We Leave This Earthly Place
      While Some Seem To Only Be Around Us For Such A Very Short Time
      Leaving Us When It Seems As If Their Life Was Just Hitting Its Prime
      Remember Every Day Your Life And Friends To Lovingly Embrace

29. georgiafl says:

How deep the love of God for us…

• Thank you georgia fl, beautiful in its sweet repose. God bless you πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ’–πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• kinthenorthwest says:

Wow so beautiful–Reminds us of how blessed we are, especially with the Treehouse and all the wonderful Treeper family members .Thank you georgiafl!!

• NewNonna!!! says:

I never heard that before. I’d like to memorize it and sing it to my new grand baby as a lullaby to grow up with. Just beautiful. ❀️❀️ Thank you so much.

• Minnie says:

Beautiful, thank you for sharing ❀️

• ladyliberty11 says:

Bless you georgiafl, for this amazing music – bless the Lord, O my soul – and your amazing prayers. We have been praying for a miracle for Steve Scalise day and night and our Lord has answered our prayers. Let us “sing like never before.”

God works in mysterious ways. As President Trump said, “Steve took a bullet for us” – I believe he did and it may lead to healing, peace and understanding – for those that will listen!

30. TatonkaWoman says:

Allow me, if you will fellow Treepers, to share a couple of personal stories. I do so not to focus on myself, but, rather, to testify to the reality, glory, and miracles of God

The first is from the night I accepted the reality of God and Jesus Christ and turned my life to them. I had just read a book loaned to me by a Christian friend. It answered questions my heart had had all of my life. After kneeling by the sofa, accepting Jesus as my Savior, and then spending some time just taking it all in, I went to bed. During my sleep, I β€œwoke” to the sense of someone next to the bed. Even though I knew little of the bible, I knew immediately that it was an angel. Not the Christmas angel you might think of – bathed in white, with wispy wings and a halo – but, rather, it was the silhouette of a large, strong male figure – one of God’s army. A warrior. And, yet, an angel. He gave me a message. It took years to come to understand it (I think), but am still waiting for the fulfillment.

My point in posting this is: God is real – have no doubt. Angels are real – and they are His unseen army, for offense and defense.

The second is from just a few years ago. (Note: I have a high pain tolerance; not necessarily a good thing)

It was Friday, and we had a late lunch. Not long after, I developed a stomach ache, and then spent almost 3 days on the sofa with a heating pad on my gut – getting worse instead of better. Finally, late afternoon on Monday, I decided the increased pain level meant the problem was more than food poisoning, and went to the ER.

Bottom line was…I was almost dead. Turns out, my appendix had ruptured – the pathologist said likely Friday night. β€œStuff” had filled my entire abdominal cavity, including down into my hip area. And, to top it off, gangrene had set in. Yup, gangrene.

Doctor told the family it was very possible I would not make it. A week later, I left the hospital with absolutely no post-op problems.

The morning I left, one of the hospital’s head nurses came in to ask me some questions. Like what my usual diet was, what supplements or vitamins I took, my exercise routine, my lifestyle in general. She told me that every medical person in the hospital was looking through my charts trying to figure out how and why I was still alive! Not only was I still alive, I had no aftereffects, no infection, no sepsis. They were actually using the word β€œmiracle.” I told her it had nothing to do with my lifestyle – but had everything to do with God and prayer. I had a prayer chain from coast to coast and north and south praying for me. It was very simply answered prayer. And, yes, a miracle.

The β€œtell” was in the details. Like there was a flu epidemic in town. There was literally only one bed left in the hospital. If that one had not been available, I would have been sent to another hospital, and that extra time might have meant I died.

Because of the epidemic, there was not a doctor available at the hospital to do my surgery. They had to bring someone in off of an β€œon call” list. That nurse asking questions – one she asked was, β€œHow long have you been going to your doctor?” β€œWhat doctor?” I asked. β€œThe one who came in to do your surgery,” she said. β€œOh,” I said, β€œhe’s not my doctor. I never met him before.” After a pause she said, β€œOh, hmmm. Well no one at the hospital knows him either. We’ve never heard of him. That is, ummm, we’ve never worked with him at this hospital before.” (BTW – he gave me the best care possible. Came in every day to see me, and personally changed my dressings, etc)

My family and I call him β€œthe doctor God dropped down from heaven.”

The post here is not about me. It is about the power of prayer from God’s people. It is about God’s miracles being real, and being in the details. It is about Steve Scalise. About the fact that he is being showered in prayers. It is about the fact that, when you are in God’s hands, man’s β€œnormal” expectations mean nothing. Keep those prayers going.

I truly believe God will do truly wondrous things for and with Steve Scalise and these circumstances. (And this is also about angels being real. I have no doubt that some of God’s warriors – angels – are now watching over that man.)

31. StuckInBlue says:

IIRC, the doctor indicated in his presser that this period begins the time when the injured are most susceptible to possibly getting one or more serious infections. Let’s continue to pray for them as they move through this next stage of their treatment.

32. georgiafl says:

Not much is known about young Matt Mika, Congressional aide, who was practicing to play on the GOP team.

He was wounded in the chest and doctors have had to operate several times to repair lung and chest wall. The impact of a high powered rifle bullet is devastating.

Here is a photo to help picture him in your prayers:

33. MaineCoon says:

“Thou Oh Lord” is based on Psa. 3:3. This song has always touched my heart as it is a testimony when singing it.

“But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psa 3:3”

God has been a shield for Steve, Matt, all other shots and those who were not shot. He has shielded people from death.

You might be interested in the background of Brooklyn Tab Choir. Way back when, God rescued many, many street kids, drug addicts, gang members in Brooklyn, NY and ond-by-one He brought them into this church and into the choir. Singing God’s word put God’s word in their hearts and as God ministered and healed each one God gave them a new purpose in serving Him and ministering to others through music.

34. ALEX says:

Great news.

35. LibertyVibe says:

I think POTUS said it best in his “Cuba” speech a few days ago: “Steve took a bullet or all of us”. His family should be so proud of him. We ALL know what this was really about.

36. Pam says:

37. fleporeblog says:

Wonder if our President took some time to talk about the current CONCACAF Hexagonal Standings

Standings