President Trump Meets Gold Star Families in Arlington Cemetery…

After placing a wreath at the Tomb of The Unknown, and delivering a Memorial Day speech, President Donald Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence walked to place flowers on the headstone of First Lieutenant Robert Kelly -son of DHS Secretary General John Kelly- who was killed in Afghanistan in 2010.

Along the route through section #60 (reserved for Iraq and Afghanistan conflict) the President and Vice-President met with families of the fallen, our nation’s finest.

Obviously, many were overwhelmed and emotional as President Trump and VP Pence listened to them talk about their sons, daughters, spouses, moms and dads.

President Trump follows 6-year-old Christian, son of fallen US Marine Sgt. Christopher Jacobs during Memorial Day ceremonies earlier today.  Christian shows President Trump his father’s grave. [US Marine Sgt. Christopher Jacobs]

The last picture shows DHS Secretary, General John Kelly, together with his family President Trump and Vice-President Pence at the final resting place for his son, First Lieutenant Robert Kelly.

In 2010 First Lieutenant Robert Kelly was killed in action when he stepped on a landmine while leading a platoon of Marines on a patrol in Sangin, Afghanistan.  Lieutenant Kelly was a former enlisted Marine and was on his third combat tour, and his first combat tour as a U.S. Marine Corps infantry officer at the time of his death.

This entry was posted in Heros, media bias, Military, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

135 Responses to President Trump Meets Gold Star Families in Arlington Cemetery…

1. Kay Emig says:

Gotta keep dusting that keyboard today…thank you for posting this.

2. FofBW says:

Many Many memories on this day. Vietnam era.

So grateful we are blessed with President Trump.

• Mikayla825 says:

Thank you for your service. I remember well the way our Vietnam vets were treated coming home and my dad was one of them. He served two tours over there came back and was a D.I. training those who would come after.
      God Bless and Semper Fi.

• God bless and love always 🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸 We are also grateful for you and your brothers in arms 🇺🇸💖💕🇺🇸

• patrickhenrycensored says:

Some things, memories; we don’t talk about much
      Those final words of a dying men who didn’t have anybody to say goodbye to.
      They’re the ones I remember first.
      God Bless, Brothers.

• FofBW says:

Amen Brother and brothers

• Bakokitty says:

God bless you Patrick and all those who served and your families. Your service and sacrifices will not be forgotten by our family.
        We will not forget those who died, they are the fabric that held and made our country strong.

My stepfather fought on Guam, he carried those memories silently until,the day he died.
        It was only in the last year he quietly spoke that they haunted him.

• TatonkaWoman says:

patrickhenry: you have put the meaning of Memorial Day into four of the most beautiful lines I have read. Thank you.

• ladypenquin says:

At least we’ve lived to see this day – when our country is finally back in the hands of a true American president, and run by fellow patriotic Americans. The anti-Americanism of Obama, and the betrayal and decadence of the Clintons almost did us in.

• redlegleader68 says:

You and me, Marine … you and me …

• tomorrow this old sailorboy will have lunch with some young unknowns from the revolutionary war.
        they were with washington at valley forge and were struck down with disease. the dutch reform church – maybe six miles from the encampment – and the congregants took in the sick and nursed them… young soldiers, deathly ill, far from family and home… probably german speakers. fed and comforted by other caring and giving Americans in time of war. eighteen of the soldiers died there and were buried in a plot across the road. in 1877 a wall was built and a monument erected, blank tombstones mark the gravesites. a colonial flag waves to passersby.
        the church graveyard proper will be visited. every war in our history is represented, some died in the conflicts, others survived but are remembered. but it’s fun to figure out when they served and at what age… the german tombstones give their birth date and their age at death – years, months and days – that is so german.
        it’s right over the hill from my blacksmith shop and i’ll be the only one there.
        sad.

3. Jeanne Marie says:

President Trump has a deep love for this country and for our heroes. His words were genuine. He is a real President. My husband and I watched the ceremony, which was so moving and beautiful.

4. missmarple2 says:

I will add Jimmy the Marine to my prayers.

• ladypenquin says:

That was heartbreaking to watch. I’m sure Jimmy’s mother would be comforted to know that others are praying for her in her grief. May she find peace in knowing that her son’s ultimate sacrifice is appreciated by so many.

• Alison says:

Oh yes. All the Jimmys by every name. We cannot let future generations forget them.

President Trump walks among fields of heroes today, who wish only that we live free and remember their names.

• lorenetn says:

And the other mom’s son who was there next to her. My heart goes out to all of the Gold Star families.

• shallbe4 says:

Yes Jimmy the Marine will be in my memories as long as I live. Love your mom too Jimmy.

5. aqua says:

Tears….May God bless all those who have lost a family member, a friend, a colleague.

• MrE says:

He’s holding back tears.

• Fe says:

He is indeed. My love for our President just went up another notch. ❤️

• rvsueandcrew says:

Oh, God. That tears at my heart. Andto think there are people who hate him.

• graciegram says:

I know. Every morning when I pray for our POTUS, his family and administration, I ask God to expose President Trump’s enemies and help destroy them. He is too good and kind to be treated the way he is by the MSM and uni-party. The leakers must be exposed and punished.

• Serena says:

Graciegram I pray the same prayer. I ask God to expose all the evil doers around our President and bring them out into the light for all to see and let them face justice for their crimes against this good man.

• Will Janoschka says:

“I ask God to expose President Trump’s enemies and help destroy them.”
            God has already done just that, by making P45; they are obvious to all, especially to those enemies, (the press)! Perhaps, P45 may need more help later, that’s where you come in. So far P45 has made no mistakes!

• ladypenquin says:

Have you all noticed how he always pats his heart a couple of times when he has his hand on his heart for the National Anthem?

• El Torito says:

As am I today, as much as I can.

• H.R. says:

I was wondering about our President being able to project strength and sympathy dueing the day without completely breaking down.

I have been unable to make it through these threads without weeping a few times. I’m glad he let some of the emotion show through, though he needed to be strong for the Gold Star parents he met.

Oh. McCain can pound sand.

• Gov Jay says:

Post of he day!… contrast this with the crocodile tears from the POS Marxist community organizer…

• aprilyn43 says:

@Gov Jay – Never saw Obama cry, never saw him even look sad. But I did see him look .. bored, disinterested, & disrespectful! I’ve seen him turn away from the flag (in the opposite direction)
        But cry or any other act of caring, respect …. NO !!!

6. Joan says:

Never saw Obama do anything like this.

7. Karan says:

God bless our military. God bless Trump. For my part, I will wear my “Women for Trump” t shirt to show my support for trump and an increase in defense spending. We need to support trump for as long as it takes.

• aprilyn43 says:

@Karan – And wearing your Trump T-shirt at the memorial is probably they only place you need not worry about liberal-left violence.
      So sad …

• shallbe4 says:

The Left better never succeed in impeaching our President. It would be like killing a mockingbird. Love that sweet, good, strong, President who never forgets the people.

8. Pam says:

9. sundance says:

• Fe says:

This is very moving. Big lump on my throat and very watery eyes. God bless our President. Until yesterday I had no idea General Kelly lost his son while he was on active duty. My heart breaks for the Kelly family and for all who have lost loved ones while they served our country.

10. Pam says:

All of these photos are so touching. May God bless all of these families today.

11. What beautiful, caring photos of President Trump with that sweet young 💕Marine💕 honoring his Daddy… the look and compassion in President Trump’s face is real and heartfelt…such love and caring from this man. 🇺🇸💖😢💖🇺🇸

12. Gil says:

Let them say it as we say thanks to them all:

13. Pam says:

Land of the free because of the brave. #memorialday 🇺🇸

A post shared by Lara Trump (@laraleatrump) on

• Beverly says:

I’m a book editor. Last year I saw this sentence in a “textbook” on sociology: “Hypermasculinity is the root cause of rampant individualism.”

We are truly the Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave — and the Enemy knows it.

• Doug says:

Absolutely.. they have succeeded in Europe with this strategy but thankfully the us is fighting back

• The Boss says:

This country will take hyper-masculinity any day, any time, over the pussy-hat democrat losers and McCain RINOs. We are better than them. And we are better off without them.

• H.R. says:

“Hypermasculinity is the root cause of rampant individualism.”

I’m confused. Just what exactly is wrong with hyper-masculinity and rampant individualism?

Oh, yeah… I forgot about that ‘equal outcomes’ thingy.

• iswhatitis says:

–> “I’m a book editor. Last year I saw this sentence in a “textbook” on sociology: “Hypermasculinity is the root cause of rampant individualism.

In other words: their direct assault on American manhood is meant to literally unman us, to make us easier to rule.”

**********

Indeed – and that direct assault is why two academics set out to make a point about that:

They wrote an intentionally-fake paper titled, “THE CONCEPTUAL PENIS AS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT: A SOKAL-STYLE HOAX ON GENDER STUDIES” and successfully got it peer-reviewed and published. (Well, I suppose one could argue that all ‘fake papers’ are written with ‘intention’; but the intent here was to expose the bias in the industry).

Author’s Statement:

“The paper was ridiculous by intention, essentially arguing that penises shouldn’t be thought of as male genital organs but as damaging social constructions. We made no attempt to find out what “post-structuralist discursive gender theory” actually means. We assumed that if we were merely clear in our moral implications that maleness is intrinsically bad and that the penis is somehow at the root of it, we could get the paper published in a respectable journal.

Excerpts:

“Destructive, unsustainable hegemonically male approaches to pressing environmental policy and action are the predictable results of a raping of nature by a male-dominated mindset. This mindset is best captured by recognizing the role of [sic] the conceptual penis holds over masculine psychology. When it is applied to our natural environment, especially virgin environments that can be cheaply despoiled for their material resources and left dilapidated and diminished when our patriarchal approaches to economic gain have stolen their inherent worth, the extrapolation of the rape culture inherent in the conceptual penis becomes clear.”

“Toxic hypermasculinity derives its significance directly from the conceptual penis and applies itself to supporting neocapitalist materialism, which is a fundamental driver of climate change, especially in the rampant use of carbon-emitting fossil fuel technologies and careless domination of virgin natural environments.”

A̲ɴ̲ᴅ̲ ̲ᴏ̲ғ̲ ̲ᴄ̲ᴏ̲ᴜ̲ʀ̲s̲ᴇ̲

“Manspreading — a complaint levied against men for sitting with their legs spread wide — is akin to raping the empty space around him.”

• akearn says:

The feminization of western cultures is killing us.

14. rumpole2 says:

Trump does “being a human being” so much better than Obama.

15. Beverly says:

In Flanders fields. . . .

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

16. mustang4176 says:

To my fellow Band of Vietnam Brothers, and finally a REAL President……GOD Bless!

17. Coldeadhands says:

“If you could just remember Jimmy” it took several views for me to catch her saying “I was a Marine and the mother of a Marine.” We owe them SUCH a debt of gratitude.
    We remember you, Marine Staff Sergeant Jimmy.
    Semper Fi

18. citizen817 says:

Speaking about his son near the end

• Tegan says:

I have not been able to view ANY of the videos on CTH…the wheel just keeps spinning. Anyone having the same issues today? Still get the “problem with website and redownloading” message a lot, as well.

19. fleporeblog says:

Wow! Our President is such an incredible man. Listening to those two moms speak about their sons and what they did for our country was a blessing to see and hear.

Thank you God for giving us this great man. Those two moms would never have gotten that chance if he wasn’t our President.

20. India Maria says:

Rest in peace brothers…..No words……..

21. SafeSpace says:

Trump’s level of respect for our military, both those serving and those fallen, is literally galaxies away from the sneering countenance King Putt wore, on those occasions when His Majesty deigned to put in more than a token appearance. I will never forgive that little bastard’s handling of the families of the four victims of HIS Benghazi attack. He visibly winced as he made physical contact with the families, looking away over their shoulders rather than meet their eyes. Clinton stood there and lied to their faces. And at a later date, that twit Biden had the freaking tasteless gall to try to joke with the father of one of the dead, asking him if his son “had always had such big balls.” Obama and that twat Clinton will enjoy a nice, long, warm season in that special section of hell reserved for evil kings and self-absorbed corrupt rulers.

22. Monadnock says:

Intensely proud of these two men – glad to see Pence along with PDJT

23. Southpaw says:

And on this day I have to read about a US Senator ragging on our President while in Australia on Memorial Day.

24. Concerned Virginian says:

If I may add: in addition to the unending debt we owe the ones who fought and never returned home, there are others who also perished in support of them:
    Chaplains
    Medics, field hospital doctors and nurses, ambulance drivers
    Quartermaster and supply line personnel, military and civilian
    Almighty God bless them all and continue to grant them Eternal Rest.

25. rayvandune says:

Trump listens to a grieving mother, with tears in his eyes.

Hillary lies to a grieving mother, with blood on her hands.

26. NC Mom says:

Tears running down after the clip….God give our President strength, wisdom and protection.

27. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I honor all of those who gave their lives, including the doctors, nurses, chaplains,etc Also there have probably been SS men or women who have given the ultimate sacrifice too. Seeing that SS officer intently watching the crowd in the pic by the Kelly grave reminded me of their dedication to our POTUS and VPOTUS and cabinet members. They take their lives in their hands every day also.
    I saw our POTUS near my home a week or so before the election at a small event on health care. When it was time for him to come out, there appeared at least 10 SS on the stage. That’s what they do. They constantly scan the crowd intently. I’m sure there were some in the audience also. I so much appreciate them keeping our dear President Trump and all of them safe.

28. I could blame my tears on chopping onions, but they’re still in the bin. God bless our country & our beloved president.

29. Regina says:

30. David says:

I am your Israeli friend. I usually comment on politics but for Memoria day I will dedicate an ancient Jewish prayer. It was the funeral of past Israeli President Shimon Peres. Please excuse me that Bill Clinton is in the video I know you are not fond of him to say the least.

31. Bob Thoms says:

In Dallas, Memorial Day is being hijacked by including “memorial day rememberances” for first responders who have died in service.

First responders, and their families deserve proper recognition; but not Memorial Day, a day observed for our fallen militiary men and women.

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country’s armed forces.

32. kimosaabe says:

33. Minnie says:

My heart hurts for the loss of their loved ones.

My heart is full with gratitude for alll who who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.

Pray unceasingly 🙏

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

34. NJF says:

God bless & thank you to all the vets here at CTH.

Remembering my dad & FIL.

Dad was in the navy, and quit school to join up in WWII, then the Korean “conflict”

FIL was army during Korea.

Gen Kelly’s son looked like his dad. RIP

35. Katie says:

Does anyone know if any other president has visited grave sites in Arlington after their Memorial Day speech? Did we witness another “first” by our amazing President Trump?

36. pjb535i says:

President Trump has raised up the standard last carried by President Ronald Reagan . . .

37. I was wondering who the boy is that had his picture taken with PTrump. He was standing near the woman who talked and talked about her son Jimmy and he wanted to talk to Potus, but that woman dominated the conversation. Sorry, I know she lost a son, but she was taking up all of the time. I was really glad when Potus ended up calling him over for a photo and the young boy kept saying thank you for doing this…I was wondering if he was the son of one of the fallen. I found him very touching.

38. Jimmy Jack says:

Thank you dear CTH veterans. God bless you and God bless America.

39. Pam says:

40. CharterOakie says:

Great tribute by a true American and a worthy POTUS and CIC.

41. Final Inspection
    by Sgt Joshua Helterbran

The Soldier stood and faced God
    Which must always come to pass
    He hoped his shoes were shining
    Just as bright as his brass.

“Step forward you Soldier,
    How shall I deal with you?
    Have you always turned the other cheek?
    To My Church have you been true?”

The Solider squared his shoulders and said
    “No, Lord, I guess I ain’t
    Because those of us who carry guns
    Can’t always be a saint.

I’ve had to work on Sundays
    And at times my talk was tough,
    And sometimes I’ve been violent,
    Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny
    That wasn’t mine to keep.
    Though I worked a lot of overtime
    When the bills got just to steep,

And I never passed a cry for help
    Though at times I shook with fear,
    And sometimes, God forgive me,
    I’ve wept unmanly tears.

I know I don’t deserve a place
    Among the people here.
    They never wanted me around
    Except to calm their fears.

If you’ve a place for me here,
    Lord, It needn’t be so grand,
    I never expected or had too much,
    But if you don’t, I’ll understand.”

There was silence all around the throne
    Where the saints had often trod
    As the Soldier waited quietly,
    For the judgement of his God.

“Step forward now, you Soldier,
    You’ve borne your burden well.
    Walk peacefully on Heaven’s streets,
    You’ve done your time in Hell.”

42. TwoLaine says:

SO SWEET! I bet President TRUMP looks at that little boy and sees a lot of himself. Look at him in the uniform, it reminds me of DJT in his uniform at military school.

These men have HEARTS of GOLD. We are SO BLESSED! How do we clone them?

43. BillRiser says:

I thank the Lord that he sent us a man with the character of President Donald Trump. God Bless those who have given their lives for fighting and defending the USA. Remembering my dad who landed and fought at Omaha Beach he survived but lost 8″ off his shoulder from shrapnel. His only comment about WWII is “I forgot to duck”. He didn’t die in the war but the alcohol to kill the pain did, at the age of 74. RIP Dad!

44. Laura Wesselmann says:

Trump is doing what an American president should do on Memorial Day. He was there for the families, not the optics.

45. What left is there to say, but Thanks and REST IN PEACE.