First Lady Melania Trump Visits Bambin Gesù Children’s Hospital in Rome…

After meeting with the pope earlier in the day, while visiting Italy First Lady Melania Trump went to visit children at Bambin Gesù children’s hospital in Rome.

At the entrance to the hospital Melania stopped to pray before a statue of Mary the blessed virgin mother.

First lady Melania Trump visited with the sick, and engaged with those recovering, while speaking their native tongue.  {{dusty keyboard alert}}

Before leaving the children’s hospital Melania stopped at the chapel to pray:

Melania Trump: “My visit to Bambino Gesu Children’s Hospital today was very moving. To spend time speaking to and coloring with children who have such a positive spirit despite illness was an amazing gift,” stated First Lady Melania Trump.

“The time I spent with the little ones in the Intensive Care Unit is something I will never forget, and I will pray for each of them daily. I want to thank the doctors, nurses and staff of the hospital, who all do such beautiful and critical work.”

The First Lady added, “Upon landing in Belgium, I learned a young boy and his family who had been waiting for a heart transplant was informed that the hospital has found a donor. I read a book and held hands with this special little one just a few hours ago, and now my own heart is filled with joy over this news.”  (link)

This entry was posted in media bias, Melania Trump, President Trump, Religion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

308 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump Visits Bambin Gesù Children’s Hospital in Rome…

1. Bull Durham says:

This thread is like entering a garden refreshed by a recent rainfall, sweet, glistening, and full of good and beautiful gifts of the Creator.

Melania evokes the best in us, and represents America with outstanding grace, like an exquisite lily or orchid in full bloom.

• God bless you Bull…what grace in your comment!🇺🇸💖🇺🇸

• farmhand1927 says:

Our elegant First Lady, our National Treasure, spoke of the children she met yesterday as ‘little ones’. I wrote yesterday in a post here at CTH that I recognize in her a servant’s heart. Her heart is for others. She is not a person that seeks or wants attention. Life isn’t about her, its abt those that are helpless and less fortunate.

Imagine the book that one of those kids may write someday on how meeting Melania Trump changed their life. Their little faces are enthralled in the photos. She is almost Mother Teresa-like, in that people are drawn to her, they want her compassion and sensitivity. And that amazing smile, don’t we all want to see that pretty smile and look into her soul through those eyes?

For every vulgarity, every hateful remark, every lie, every attack, every jealous rant from some woman on a news set or entertainment show, know that you can not deter this lovely woman of grace.

I am heartily thankful to have Mrs. Trump as our role model to young women. Her style, warmth, kindness and choice of attire hopefully will revert us back to a time when dignity, self respect and modesty is the latest fashion. Feminine mystique is a powerful force. Melania Trump has returned it to the world stage. If enough women in this world teach their daughters to model themselves after Mrs. Trump, their will indeed be equality for women.

Our President has spoken of his father often and how his dad would tell him to ‘smooth out the rough places’. In other words, take a breath, step back, don’t over react. I’m sure the senior Mr. Trump smiles down on his daughter in law and thanks her because she is helping his son to ‘smooth out the rough places’.

• Brenda Copely says:

Such a beautiful and inspriring comment. Melanie Trump is a blessing to America and represents us with a grace and beauty that is breath taking.

• corimari2013 says:

Exquisite expressions from your heart, BD.
      I thank you so very much for sharing with all of us.
      I completely agree with everything you wrote.

• Kaco says:

Wow, so true and you put it into words so beautifully.

• Stringy theory says:

Eloquently put, Bull. An excellent description of my own feelings reading this thread of comments. Hard to make it through with all the pauses to wipe my eyes.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I always love your comments but this one has topped them all so far. What a beautiful and perfect sentiment.

I have been so moved by Melania on this trip I am overflowing with gratitude.

• shallbe4 says:

Donald and Melania Trump stand with those who cannot stand alone. The left will find a way to mock them for this but the children will find comfort in their love.

• yakmaster2 says:

Bull, you must have the heart of a poet. Lyrical prose, indeed!☺

• redlegleader68 says:

Bull, you never disappoint in your analysis. Here, you have put into words what were are all seeing in the beautiful pictures. And, feeling in our hearts. You truly have a gift.

• ajsdaddie says:

I couldn’t even begin to match the poetry of your sentiment, Bull. I’ll just leave it at the fact that I’m so happy to have such a beautiful person as our First Lady.

2. Sylvia Avery says:

To return to my normal shallow waters, the outfit Melania wore at the Vatican was apparently a black lace coat the covered a black lace dress. When she stepped off the plane in Brussels later in the day, she had taken the coat off and the dress was just gorgeous. Sleeveless, with open lacework yoke.

3. Tony Dow says:

A nice, a touching, even a sentimental bit of a fluff piece. But let’s be honest: she’s still about a million good deeds behind Michelle Obama…the lady who sacrificed everything to serve the world. I’m sure even Mel would agree with that.

• Ron says:

Have you bumped your head? Or are you lost?

• corimari2013 says:

Please stop: when there is a story and photos of Melania, why does Michelle O have to be brought up and compared every time?
        Please let us enjoy and bask and appreciate honest, true, graceful, and beautiful Melania Trump without tossing reminders of the previous ugliness in our faces.

• Buzzybee says:

Must be both. There is no comparison to Michelle O., who hates America as much as her husband. Melania is the first breath of fresh spring air among the years of swamp critters to come along in a long time. Grace and beauty has finally returned in Wash. D.C. thanks to the Trump administration.

• flova says:

There is a contrast not a comparison. The more one contrasts Beyonce wannabe, rapper -loving, flag-hating, America-hating, angry black nationalist, atheist Michelle with a world class, humble, genuine, beautiful inside and out, and religious First Lady Melania the more people see the horror of the last 8 years

No wonder the demons are after our First family–the devil always goes after goodness to destroy it.

These photos showing Melania’s true spirit cannot be faked, they are heaven sent.

Just as Michelle O could not take a photo without looking like she wanted to kill all white people, Melania cannot take a photo without showing her innate love, kindness and compassion.

• Steele81 says:

You forgot your /s

• Brenda Copely says:

I do hope you are being facetious. Michelle Obama represented the VERY WORST AMERICA HAD TO OFFER. Just being our Fiorst Lady has placed Melania Trump far above any moment by Obama. They simply cannot be considered in the same sentence.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh yes, the Mooch! So glad to be reminded. So glad that graceless, socialist hag is in the rearview mirror! Bliss!

• Tony Dow says:

Okay…I was just joshing. I was being facetious

BUT…Melania is no Mamie Eisenhower, you’d have to agree.

• Jenny R. says:

Oh yes, because Michelle was such a charitable soul back in Chicago:

• Charlies says:

Yay, here’s two, the school lunch good deed and let’s move deed.
      Maybe O should move more and eat the food she hoisted on our kids.
      That would be a diet/exercise program she should get behind.
      Tony let’s be honest we are all friend here. O is represents everything America is NOT!

• PNWLifer says:

Spoken like someone who has never had a chronically or gravely ill child. As someone who has, let me assure you there’s never any “fluff” involved no matter how rich or famous visitors might be. I’ve spent enough time around children’s wards to assure you Melania is genuinely delighted to spread a little love around to those kids. You can spot the fakers and obligatory visitors a mile away. You know, people just like you.

• not2worryluv says:

They were on vacation since inauguration 2008!

Now they’re cashing in with the Wall Street Elites – million Dollar speaking fees, book deals, vacation with the NWO 1% – two grifters taking advantage of 8 years on the dole of the American Taxpayers. Hypocrites to boot!

• Roland says:

The way I see it, Michelle has had 8 years in the limelight. Melania has had 8 months.

• PreparedPatriot (@6StringX10) says:

Your sarcastic post is great! Not priceless, but great. Melania comes very, very close to priceless, and time will tell. Anyway, thanks for the hearty chuckle and reminding us of how empty Zero and his wrastlin’ buddy The Mooch were … and are.

4. A2 says:

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims Memorial Day, May 29, 2017, as a Day of Prayer for Permanent Peace

PRAYER FOR PEACE, MEMORIAL DAY, 2017

– – – – – – –

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Memorial Day is our Nation’s solemn reminder that freedom is never free. It is a moment of collective reflection on the noble sacrifices of those who gave the last measure of devotion in service of our ideals and in the defense of our Nation. On this ceremonious day, we remember the fallen, we pray for a lasting peace among nations, and we honor these guardians of our inalienable rights.

This year, we commemorate the centennial anniversary of America’s entry into World War I. More than 4.7 million Americans served during The Great War, representing more than 25 percent of the American male population between the ages of 18 and 31 at the time. We remember the more than 100,000 Americans who sacrificed their lives during “The War to End All Wars,” and who left behind countless family members and loved ones. We pause again to pray for the souls of those heroes who, one century ago, never returned home after helping to restore peace in Europe.

On Memorial Day we honor the final resting places of the more than one million men and women who sacrificed their lives for our Nation, by decorating their graves with the stars and stripes, as generations have done since 1868. We also proudly fly America’s beautiful flag at our homes, businesses, and in our community parades to honor their memory. In doing so, we pledge our Nation’s allegiance to the great cause of freedom for which they fought and ultimately died.

In honor and recognition of all of our fallen service members, the Congress, by a joint resolution approved May 11, 1950, as amended (36 U.S.C. 116), has requested the President issue a proclamation calling on the people of the United States to observe each Memorial Day as a day of prayer for permanent peace and designating a period on that day when the people of the United States might unite in prayer. The Congress, by Public Law 106-579, has also designated 3:00 p.m. local time on that day as a time for all Americans to observe, in their own way, the National Moment of Remembrance.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Memorial Day, May 29, 2017, as a day of prayer for permanent peace, and I designate the hour beginning in each locality at 11:00 a.m. of that day as a time when people might unite in prayer. I urge the press, radio, television, and all other information media to cooperate in this observance.

I further ask all Americans to observe the National Moment of Remembrance beginning at 3:00 p.m. local time on Memorial Day.

I also request the Governors of the United States and its Territories, and the appropriate officials of all units of government, to direct that the flag be flown at half-staff until noon on this Memorial Day on all buildings, grounds, and naval vessels throughout the United States and in all areas under its jurisdiction and control. I also request the people of the United States to display the flag at half-staff from their homes for the customary forenoon period.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-fourth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-first.

DONALD J. TRUMP

5. justfactsplz says:

Per Sundance cue about the keyboard the article started the water works like Old Faithful. God has given First Lady Melania a special faith and a special gift where children are concerned. It is so encouraging to have a First Lady that is not afraid to show her faith in public. The picture of her at the statue praying and at that rally praying forever endeared her to my heart. God not only chose President Trump for this time he also chose First Lady Melania years ago for this.

• Lumina says:

I’ve been gasping in awe at her humble quiet actions the last few days…the things she does are natural and from the heart. Not for show, “Look at me, I pretend care.” attitude.

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, First Lady Melania is genuine and honest. She doesn’t put on airs. She is comfortable in any setting except the press and rightfully so. Many wish they were her and are jealous of her. I love her and my president so much.

• Jenny R. says:

She had me with the picture of Ted Cruz’ children — she appears to me to be a very good hearted person as well as possessing of a good amount of wisdom and intelligence.

6. Concerned Virginian says:

The SHOES, the shoes—-I can’t get enough of the shoes. I think the pair that FLOTUS wore to the Vatican ALSO had lace on them. The pair that she wore with that killer black and white small houndstooth coatdress were ALSO covered with what looked like tiny black and white checks.
    And also, aside from the shoes, what I think FLOTUS is engaging in can only be called:
    SARTORIAL DIPLOMACY.

• Carolina Kat says:

100+ points for you. Melania was thrust into this role and is growing into it with each appearance. I loved her Mother’s Day speech, and I’m so pleased and proud of her. I think she looks a lot like Sophia Loren (early photos), but her true beauty comes from the fact that she is centered. In her case beauty isn’t skin deep, she is beautiful to the bone.

And she has STYLE. Word.

7. Margaret says:

Thank you Melania for touching our hearts with your grace, humility and open heartedness. We are truly blessed to have you as our First Lady.

8. Frank says:

That was lovely, and it seems the kids were happy to have a famous visitor to brighten their day. The circumstances that surround a heart’s availability for donation are never happy, as it means the donor had to die. On the other hand, people of all ages die all the time. What are the odds that an appropriate donor would be found for that child only a few hours after our First Lady prayed for him? They say that the intercessory prayers of a truly good person can work miracles for those in need, so I’m convinced that Melania must be such a person.

9. velvetfoot says:

Melania is the best!

10. fleporeblog says:

The Hospital translation is the “Babies of Jesus”. What an incredible woman. Today had to be beyond special for our FLOTUS. She was born and raised as a Catholic. She was able to meet the Pope and have him personally bless her rosary beads, visit the Sistine Chapel and spend time at this beautiful hospital with sick kids. I am so happy for her!

11. keebler AC says:

Melania exudes maturity and she doesn’t try to wear outlandish supposedly “hip” clothes to compete with the immature pupas like the former did. She’s especially gorgeous in the Italy photos.

12. Mary Kate Conly says:

I love how spiritual, genuine and pure Melania comes across in all of this coverage!!!

I hope this isn’t tacky, but I’m also loving, in a different way, an audio tape I recently heard of a Howard Stern radio show in the early 2000s. Our future President was dialed in to Howard’s show, and of course Howard was trying to provoke The Don into some bawdy talk about Don’s “hot new girlfriend”. Howard asked “is she at your place now?” multiple times, so Don put Melania on the phone with Howard.

At this time, Melania was in her early 30s, not yet married. So Howard asked Melania some provocative questions, asking if she sleeps over at the Donald’s apt every night, etc. Howard was being playful and positive, not too perverted (grading him on a curve).

Melania’s responses in 2001/2002ish were so intriguing to hear with my 2017 ears! Melania answered Howard with equally playful but not-at-all-scandalous retorts: phrases like, “oh yeah sure, every night, all the time”, as she was laughing and simultaneously shutting down further questions from Howard. She came across as youthful yet smart, good humored but no bimbo, just a real doll. Smart and funny, and not above a little banter. But with not even the suggestion of being a sleaze.

It’s a really cute recording of Melania and The Donald from their dating years (if you can tolerate Howard Stern’s obsession with sex). I’m really glad they had happy times in those years and pray they still have many more to come despite all the duties heaped upon them.

But I’ll take the Blessed Mother and children’s hospital story any day, over Howard….

• Wend says:

Oh my gosh I used to listen to Howard Stern every weekday morning on my way to work (this was in the early ’90s). Sometimes I would laugh so hard I had to pull over to the shoulder of the freeway. But I’m with you, this story is just overwhelming. Those precious little kids love Melania and she loves them.

13. Weeper says:

Our FLOTUS is truly stunning. ❤️

14. Mike diamond says:

Melania is for real,I’m so glad she is the first lady!

• churchmouse says:

And this, from the report:

‘Melania, who prays daily, ended the visit by praying in the hospital chapel, while also pausing in front of a Madonna statue located outside of the hospital for a quiet moment of reflection.

‘She also appeared to cross herself while standing in front of the statue; however, while the First Lady grew up in the predominantly Catholic country of Slovenia, she was not raised as a Catholic.’

15. weneedmorerules says:

MSM just loves these kinds of stories.

16. Wend says:

Another great outfit! I used to wear stuff like that when I worked in offices and courtrooms. But of course not like FLOTUS wears it!

Brussels is such a great art city-glad they are going to see some good art. There’s also James Ensor (one of my favorite painters), all those amazing 14-15c. paintings and the Art Noveau architecture.

17. tempo150101 says:

Do you notice how dated looking and institutional the hospital is? Here in America it would look like a corporate office building with top notch marble and building materials.

The only reason I mention this is because I often wonder how much of health care costs are being wasted on things like that.

18. David Parker says:

What a great First Lady!
    Thanks Mrs. Trump for your great heart fo the needy!

19. Ryan H. says:

I do not know how exactly to put this to words, please forgive me if I end up sounding like a moron.

I believe Melania is how PDJT is able to work so long and so hard every day. She is like a…. recharge station when one’s battery is low. The safe harbor in the storm. The quiet reassurance when feelings of doubt encroach.

Her grace, beauty, elegance, charm, poise, and purposefulness are very strong and apparent. I know she helps me see the beauty and take the time to smell the flowers.

May God continue to watch over and bless the Trumps and The United States of America.

20. US says:

Melania crosses herself in front of Virgin Mary. She is a peach.

21. Scarlet Gold says:

It is worth just a moment to reflect that neither the President nor Mrs. Trump had any need to seek the office of the President. We are all blessed that Donald Trump did not stay in his corner of life, enjoying his vast fortune, playing with his children and grandchildren, privately enjoying his beautiful wife’s company, and instead chose to put up with the total BS that public life is for an honest man, for our sake.

Thank you President Trump. Thank you Mrs. Trump. God bless you both!

• Raven says:

Absolutely this, Scarlet Gold.

Donald, Melania and family went head first into the deep BS for us and our/their country. That is what we read the founding fathers did — gave up everything — for the good of our nation, and now we have a modern day patriot who is doing the same thing.

Absolutely this.

22. Lucille says:

Beautiful, gracious, loving, kind, intelligent…First Lady Melania Trump, born in Slovenia, emigrated to America, and is now the most famous woman in the world…that she chooses to show her faith is what our nation needs and the world.

Celine Dion: Ave Maria– With Lyrics

Luke 1:46-55…
    And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name. And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him.

He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart. He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy: As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever. (Douay-Rheims version)

• During J.S. Bach’s life, he ran a business loosely translated “Music on Demand”.
      The customers were upper class and royalty.
      Much of the music was custom written for funerals.
      I have always wondered if “Ave Maria” (a piece of musical genius) was actually written for a person. I guess it could be.
      But this was back in the day of Renaissance Men, when genius arrived by the trainload.

Let us thank our God for our days now with POTUS Donald and FlOTUS Melania Trump.

23. ZurichMike says:

Also devoted to the Blessed Mother. Excellent! But she made a funky sign of the cross and I am wondering if this is some Slovenian thing

24. rbr says:

Ok, I think she’s great too, so don’t take this as criticism, but…it sure sounded like English to me. Where was the Italian? (It would be great to hear her speak in Italian or French or whatever other languages she speaks, to shut down the doubters.)

25. sukietawdry says:

How does she stay on her feet all day in those shoes?!

26. thesavvyinvester says:

It is breaking on “The Kuhner Report” that Melania carries and prays the rosary daily and goes to Church often. This is as well as visiting sick children before becoming First Lady. Apparently Europe is talking about this, but our media will never tell us this..

27. Eric Fraize says:

I almost cried when I saw her in front of the Blessed Virgin Mary, The Theotokos. I have been praying, very specifically, to Our Lady Of Grace for Her intercession to cover the White House in Her Mantle. I see I was heard. I am so proud of our FLOTUS. When I saw her wearing the veil in the Vatican…very old school. Pre-Vatican II. Nice.