REPORT: Ford Board of Directors Will Fire Mark Fields as CEO…

Much of the predictive economic analysis we present is done so for a very specific reason. If you teach yourself how to sift through the big picture rocks you can quite simply predict the granular future.  Our CTH goal has always been to help with the sifting. CTH has a remarkable track record because common sense is the compass heading, and when we see the obscure data –nobody pays attention to– we focus attention and context upon it.

NOW THIS–>:DETROIT (AP) — Ford is replacing its CEO amid questions about its current performance and future strategy. A person familiar with the situation says CEO Mark Fields is retiring at age 56 after 28 years at the company. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the official announcement hasn’t been made.

Fields will be replaced by Jim Hackett, who joined Ford’s board in 2013, this person says. Hackett has led Ford’s mobility unit since last year. He is the former CEO of office furniture maker Steelcase. Fields helped lead Ford’s turnaround a decade ago as president of its Americas division. But the company’s stock price has fallen almost 40 percent in the three years since he became CEO. (link)

Those of you who have been around a while might remember…

THIS 2016 Predictive CTH ARTICLE.

[…]  Ford CEO Mark Fields, like many modern vulture capitalists, is a globalist – not an America-First CEO. (link)

The entire reason Mark Fields was doomed to certain failure was outlined in that 2016 interview and the expressed ideological presentation he espoused.

There will be many more who fail because they simply do not understand the nature of the new dimension in American economics, vis-a-vis “economic patriotism”.  They simply don’t have a reference point for how to lead a successful corporation within the new economic model.

Believe me.

This entry was posted in Economy, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Trade Deal, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

149 Responses to REPORT: Ford Board of Directors Will Fire Mark Fields as CEO…

1. Bwah ha ha ha!

If the new CEO can convince them to be America First, AND fix the suspension in their pickups, I’ll give them another chance.

• fleporeblog says:

Jim Hackett is seen as the savior of the Michigan Wolverine football program when he was able to convince Jim Harbaugh to leave the NFL to come back to his Alma-marter and raise it back to prominence. As a big-time fan of the program, Jim Hackett is a winner in my book and a Patriot.

• fleporeblog says:

• Joe K Lombard says:

To some degree it’s a globalist overhang but the industry in total is in shambles because of debt. Too much of vehicle sales have been made via sub-prime lending and the % of defaults is rising daily. (see Santander) Excessive flexible financing leaving the consumer with no equity–6-7 year terms leave nothing. Just a repeat of people who couldn’t afford a house in 2008, they are selling cars to questionable credit. The rental car segment is even in worse shape–the condition of Hertz is tenuous. Their only assets are used cars that have had horrible price declines with all the lease cars coming off lease; it’s going to get worse before it gets better regardless of the hype of sales. This and the student loan debacle, some people believe, are setting the table for a very painful downturn.

• Mariainohio says:

You are so right. It seems he put all his eggs in Hillary’s global basket. Here is an article from the debates which I found interesting. I think you might too. It talks about how Ford and the UAW fact checked Trump “live” during one of the debates. After reading this article, I’m surprised he lasted this long. Ford seemed to have attached itself to Hillary and lost right along with her.

• corimari2013 says:

Under Fields’ rule, the fine Mercury division was eliminated. The last Mercury rolled off the line in 2011. Sad. Our cars have been, and currently are, all Mercurys, and we are taking extra care to make them last as long as possible.
      I am very happy to learn that Ford has ejected this man from the company…he was poison in many ways.

• The Demon Slick says:

Fields was doing a pretty good job. He had secured a multi million dollar credit line before the crash for the company, that insulated Ford from the worst of it. When GM was going down, needing a bail out, Ford was just fine.

• Joel Johnson says:

Fields is finding Mulally’s shoes hard to fill. I don’t think Fields was the one who arranged the big loan.

• Barnacle Bill says:

It was Mulally that arranged that credit line.

Although the economy was healthy then, Mr. Mulally said the money would give Ford “a cushion to protect for a recession or other unexpected event.”

At the time, the request was considered an act of desperation. But the $23.6 billion in loans it received turned out to be Ford’s salvation.
        […]
        Mr. Mulally had been on the job as Ford’s chief executive less than 90 days when he asked for the loans.

• skipper1961 says:

Annabelle Onion,
      This could turn into the second bite at the apple for me. I did quite well with my investment in Ford (700% ROI) in the “bail-out” days. I sold mainly to avoid the egregious capital gains taxes, and also because I know that all most good things come to an end. This may motivate me to carve off some of my $$ earmarked for cattle futures and LNG, to reinvest in one of (if not THE) America’s most iconic automakers. IMO, Ford Motor Company has changed the world for the better. (BTW, I’ve been a Ford truck driver for over 30 years, suspension and all).

2. Snow White says:

I remember this guy being interviewed and I thought then he won’t last long as CEO..good riddance globalist shill.

3. QuestGirl says:

I believe you Sundance!

4. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

Believe you? What sane person would doubt you after all you have revealed???

5. wheatietoo says:

Yep, you called this one, Sundance.

Hah. I hope the report is true…this guy should be added to the “Insufferable Doofus” category.

I wonder how much this guy contributed to Hillary.
    And also to other Swamp Creatures in DC…to try to keep NAFTA in place.

Choo choo. America First!
    Get onboard or be left in the dust with the other discarded globalists.

6. Sylvia Avery says:

I am red-pilled! TY Sundance! And I am really ready for a fine old American company like Ford to rediscover its roots and go AMERICA FIRST. Shortly after our President’s inauguration, I noticed a few Toyota commercials touting their products as being American made. Heh, heh. Toyota gets it.

• wondering999 says:

not only does Toyota get it, their cars keep going like the Energizer Bunny. I heart my Toyota (that I got third-hand to replace a Ford and a Hyundai that crapped out) and it’s still going and going and going….. AND they have a big factory in Kentucky… Toyota is fine in my book

• Old Codger says:

Always said a lot when Toyota and Mazda consistently ranked higher than FORD the American-made content of their vehicles.

The other telling factor is the difference in 20,000 pages of work rules employed by the FORD/UAW coalition versus the 200 pages of work rules worked out by foreign manufacturers doing business in the US and their union partners!

• CaptainNonno says:

I have a 1956 Thunderbird. When people comment on it, I always say ‘built when America was great’!

• mcclainra says:

Not only Toyota, but also Honda. After my dad sold his Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealership around 1990, first thing hubby did was go and buy 2 Hondas. When we first started buying them, he was careful to buy the ones made in Japan, but gradually we migrated to the Made in the USA ones. Both Toyota and Honda have, or had, much higher quality standards than GM, which I think was, in large part, due to the unions. We are still driving Hondas, and would be hard pressed to switch. We have probably had 8 or 9 since then between hubby, me, and two adult children. One of them is a 1993 Accord with over 300,000 miles, which has had NO problems. I think Honda and Toyota are birds of a feather, and do suit our needs rather than moving up to their luxury models, Infiniti and Lexus. US automakers have had a long time, now to learn from the Japanese, but question is, have they? Some things never change, and do hope they will at Ford.

7. BebeTarget says:

Globalist = Anti-America. No place for that kind in an American business today.

8. kathyca says:

Interesting. I haven’t looked into Steel Case in decades, but last I knew, they were a quality-first American company.

• kathyca says:

*Steelcase

• kathyca says:

ps…about that “in decades” thing — I started looking into Steelcase when I was 8 😀

• I have a Steelcase file cabinet that is 40 years old and looks and works like it is brand new. Amazing company with great product quality. America first!!

• thesavvyinvester says:

“I have a Steelcase file cabinet that is 40 years old and looks and works like it is brand new. Amazing company with great product quality. America first!!”

Yes and they have a presence if you will on the campus of GVSU, Grand Valley State University which is just west of Grand Rapids as they donated some big bucks for a major building on campus. Great School if you have a kids college bound, the campus is beautiful, the have employable majors and the kids going their look downright normal!

• 1IreneFlick3 says:

My niece was turned into a Bernie loving liberal there after a lifetime of being a conservative youth. That’s not a good thing for my family.

• Old Codger says:

Easy to turn around a liberal convert: ‘Free education” is a big Bernie issue, ask your niece to explain the “free” part. Will the professors work for free? Will the janitors clean the buildings and campus for free? Will the energy for lights, computers and kitchens for the dorms be contributed at no cost, thus free? If not, where will the money come from since nothing is “free”?

MAKE HER THINK, INSTEAD OF MERELY REACTING TO SLOGANS, AS LIBERALS DO!

• lokiscout says:

Know the feeling we have a couple of them in our family also. One of them is 35 years old with a Masters degree. Go figure!

9. Daniel says:

It’s funny how economic globalism isn’t as catchy as economic patriotism. I guess it may be because each shows who stands to gain from it quite clearly and that neither are truly ‘idealistic’ in nature.

10. Vince says:

Everyone who gets a job, gets a raise, starts a company, relocates to or expands in America will have an investment in Trump’s continued success. They will be the new status quo. If we start a lobbying group and focus these winners on creating new MAGA friendly legislation, the dam will burst and we can implement permanent legislation to keep Trump’s agenda for a generation or two.

11. Just last week I caught wind of a story saying that Ford was downsizing their workforce by 10% and I didnt understand WHY (I had no idea their stock had plummeted 40%) I wonder if their labor reductions were planned fr inside tge US, or abroad?

12. Joe says:

Now if the Ford Foundation can be screwed to the wall…..

13. filia.aurea says:

Good Riddance. When a CEO uses layoffs to excuse his incompetence in balancing the business, he should be egg’d on his way out of the door. The new CEO will bring in his own team, and the weak links will hopefully be found.

14. Sedanka says:

Retiring with multimillions at age 56 isn’t exactly punishment, but I’m still happy that this anti-America globalist relic is going away.

15. frjas says:

I get the point of the article and the topic but I must comment that phrases like this: “A person familiar with the situation” which are now so commonplace in today’s “journalism” should be utterly banished when they are presented as the sole source of information. They reduce what would be news to gossip.

• lokiscout says:

And a phrase seldom seen here at the Treehouse. I understand the sensitive nerve with all the “unnamed sources” and such we are constantly bombarded with from the vast majority of our news media today. I am sure SD made every effort to identify the source. As my dear Grandmother was oft to say “Consider the source”. That cuts both ways.

• AmyB says:

Except now, that person has been proven to be correct.

16. xyzlatin says:

I smiled when I saw the name “Jim Hackett” because that was the name of the British Prime Minister in the series “Yes Minister” and “Yes Prime Minister” which was a satire on political hacks and the way the civil servants manipulate the situation to keep the status quo always in their favor. Very funny show and very apt for today’s battle in the White House.

17. Duckman says:

I just wonder when the CEO’S of Target, Starbucks, Kellogg’s, and the rest will be fired. Those companies are tanking. And it is all because they put PC and glowbullism first, not MAGA!

18. Joe S says:

Now I hope he brings back the Excursion with the option of the Powerstroke diesel with 925 foot pounds of torque and 440 horsepower.

• redlegleader68 says:

🙂

• Gary says:

Go for the gold….bring back the Cobra.

• booger71 says:

This is the only decent vehicle Ford ever made (besides the Mustang)

• Texian says:

What Carroll Shelby was to the Mustang, Bill Stroppe was to the Bronco. If you are in the market for one of these – find a red, white and blue Stroppe “Baja” Bronco. They have been “discovered” though, and out of range price wise for most, but not all produced have been accounted for. The key is knowing how to identify one. (Clint Eastwood owned one, he drove his personal Baja Bronco in the movie “The Eiger Sanction”).

• Alleycats says:

Lol. Hubby has 2 of ’em. He’ll never get rid of either.

• RedBallExpress says:

Yeah I had a ’75 with a 302 and pickup top that I loved to death. I was almost crying when I sold it but I was sick and tired of rolling the dam thing over! I put it in the ditch 13 times in a few months and half the time I was under 30 mph. I didn’t realize until much later that limited slip differentials front and rear were the cause.

• Southern Son says:

Just WOW!
          Rolled it 13 times, or just went in the ditch?
          I’ve got an ’82 AMC JEEP! CJ5, with a 350 Chevy and 35″ tires.
          I have been 80 mph a few times.
          I would never have done that if it was Unstable.
          Most all older Fords Oversteered.
          Was this the problem?
          I have noticed for many years, how Fords (especially Rangers and Vans) grow A Lot of Negative Camber with age/miles.
          And Many Church/Migrant Worker Vans rollover from a tire blowing, and the driver Overcorrects.
          But my JEEP! CJ5, only has an 82″ wheelbase(close to Bronco), and it is totally driveable/controllable.
          Just wondering.

• Joe says:

I left the highway at well over 60MPH sideways with my Excursion and ended up in a ditch without rolling it.

It was a miracle!

They towed me out and I drove it after only changing a tire which lost seal in the slide. Even the tire was ok after it was re-mounted. I got a couple of dings in it from the tree branches I hit heading into the ditch. I had to claw my way out the brushes in the embankment to get back up tot he road!

• Southern Son says:

What caused you to run off the road?
              Oversteer from missin’ a deer?

• Joe S says:

A car cut me off, and I swerved left, right, left with the swerves getting “bigger” every time until I realized that it was time let it slide and take by lumps.

• Southern Son says:

Oh yea, I also installed L/S Diffs, with 4.56 gr, to compensate for the large tires.
            With 4″ of lift, plus the higher center of gravity from the 350, I cannot Imagine a Bronco is That much more unstable.
            Especially from limitd slip diffs.

• Sanders says:

The Bronco is slated to return in 2018, I believe. Rumor is that it will have “retro” styling. There are some pictures of concept vehicles, but nothing anyone can pin down as being a production design.

19. Donna in Oregon says:

Interesting news. I hope this means more American workers 🙂

20. RE: John Maynard Keynes once was challenged for altering his position on some economic issue:

“When my information changes,” said Keynes “I change my mind. What do you do Sir?”

Which gave birth to the GREAT PROG CON:

“Change their INFORMATION to warp their MINDS.”

Which formed the OBAMA MANTRA:

“FALSIFY the information to DIVIDE and DESTROY America.”

21. KBR says:

Well, Mark Fields, it’s really unfortunate when politics (and fact) gets in the way of your CEO position. 😏

Video CTH link from September, Mark Fields begins his shifty-stance antiTrump rhetoric with:
    “Well, Poppy, it’s really unfortunate when politics gets in the way of the facts…”

BTW
    In the video, watch this: Every time he gets a question he does not want to answer, he shifts his stance side to side (shifty-stance.) When he tells a whopper, or prevaricates, or uses parseltongue his head shakes “no” while he answers “yes” (a “tell” that he is being shifty/lying.)

Makes me wonder why he was put into a high position in the first place: business deals can be like poker: you have to be able to “bluff” without a “tell” to succeed. Businesses should include a tough interview with a person standing up just to see if a potential CEO has an very obvious “tell.”

22. abstain says:

It’s time. It’s time for American cars built for the open road, big eight cylinder comfy cars.
    The environmental limits placed on cars and trucks are ridiculous.
    Bring back the Sunday Drive.

• Mike says:

Here here! I can’t even get in and out of many of these vehicles, and forget about throwing in a set of golf clubs! Then the looks, they all look the same. Nothing out there that I am even interested in as I currently do not own a vehicle. I think I will go with a van, Ram ProMaster 1500… I can get in and out and my clubs will fit.

• joshua says:

Bring back cheap gasoline

• trapper says:

All you have to do is get rid of the CAFE mileage regulations. They no longer make sense to have anyway. It would be like still having in place rationing regulations from WWII.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Frankly, I take mileage into consideration for every car I have bought, ever since selling a 3.6 V8 a couple decades ago. This has included a large sedan, a pickup, and a minivan. The auto market is quite varied, but you can certainly compete on mileage, as well as other factors. Government not needed on the mileage issue.

• lokiscout says:

And how! Hard to believe my ’14 Malibu has any connection to my old 1966 Chevelle! Of course it’s hard to believe that old man staring back at me in the mirror has any connection to the young sailor cruising Bayshore Freeway with “A need for speed” of yesteryear! But then the new Malibu can top 30 mpg and that “romantic” Chevelle with progressive 4 barrels got maybe 11 mpg downhill with a tail wind!

I know wrong manufacturer but your comments brought back many fond memories.

• das411 says:

“I’m tired of cars that look like a child’s athletic shoe. Take a look at the change in design for the Ford Escape made about 2013, and you’ll see what I mean.”

Mine is a model year 2012 which was the last year of the old design, and the last year you could get them as hybrids. Not only is the newer one ugly, it also gets worse gas mileage than my hybrid one, which is about to hit 100K miles and still gets 30 MPG!

23. amwick says:

His interview with Poppy reminded me of “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan” from you know who, only this time it was Ford will not cut one job.

24. pageoturner says:

Treepers: Off-topic but please read this article about James Comey and documented history as a corrupt king of the swamp. The media repeats a phony story about his “integrity” while burying his many coverups and scandals. THIS is the story every American has to know as Comey testifies before Congress. http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=72788

• mcclainra says:

Going to read it for sure pageoturner. I knew about his corruption after watching some of the George Webb videos about the Clinton Foundation (don’t watch his stuff any more). He has a LOT of ties to the CF, and big questions about him possibly doing money-laundering for CF when he was at HSBC. Also noted that he has changed jobs approximately every two years up until his FBI appt. TY for this link.

25. sDee says:

This is a good trend that I have been hoping would take stronger hold under Trump…..CEOs, once placed to garner control under the globalists’ “neo-facism”, being replaced with ones who must compete in competitive global markets. Monopoly building via corporate-government collusion always ends badly – ask Mussolini.

They call it “state capitalism”. Put a green smiley face on it but it remains, fascism.

Here is Fields legacy……………………

• TheLastDemocrat says:

There is no bike on the market that looks like that. -This has been my same observation for the rental bike programs in many big cities – I am sure these bike rental programs are money-losers since there is no natural market for these clunky bikes – except maybe in Holland, for a specific set of reasons.

Is that an electric bike? With the generator front hub and a battery in downtube?

• Texian says:

What the hell is that – my how far Ford has fallen. That is downright embarrassing. Ford’s new identity – “Ford = Wussy”..

• thesavvyinvester says:

I hate to burst your bubble folks, and this isn’t to bolster Fields, However this is the reality of 8 years of an Obama economy. The millennial’s take the tact, ok I can’t afford a car so I will use a bike, and do all the hipster things that the lack of GDP growth entailed. They chose a different road to happiness, because of it. Look into their car buying numbers, huge headwinds for all car manufacturers. Now if a President Trump economy grows @ 3, 4, or even the Larry Kudlow 6% will these kids change their minds and consider a car? Answer that one and you can hang with Musk, Gates etc because if you have that crystal ball and can advise on that one, IMHO your wallet could get way fat.

26. boutis says:

Another Davos apparatchik bites the dust. Fields also said Ford was keeping their “internationalist” policy after Trump was elected in November. He was very specific and defiant about it. I guess that didn’t work out too well. Neither did giving himself an 8% pay raise while sales went in the tank.

27. Mike says:

Not a fan of Ford, especially when I see what GM and Chrysler have been doing to their plants. Ford still has a guy with a brush and lapping compound grinding down pistons in one of their main engine plants. They are very far behind the curve.

28. trapper says:

Most CEO’s just want to make their numbers, and will do whatever it takes to get there. However, there are some, like Fields, who have an ideology that colors their decisions. That ideology takes priority over not only their country’s interests but their company’s interests as well. As a result they are inherently incapable of making the necessary course corrections when the wind direction changes. Luckily for Ford the board is paying attention and replaced him at the helm before he could do any more damage. I expect we will see changes at some other companies as well.

Focus’s sales figures have been slipping in recent years. No doubt his plans to build them in Mexico hasn’t helped 2017 either. At $1.6 billion to build, the Mexican plant would have paid for itself in little over a year at $8,000 in savings per car (say around 170,000 annual American sales for Focus), but that projection failed to take into account what has happened to other companies that thumbed their noses at American nationalism. Fact is, there is no reason an American made Focus shouldn’t sell well over 200,000 cars a year in America like it used to. With an America-first ad campaign, perhaps it will, IF they make them in America.

Now if we can just make cars again that people actually drive. You do realize that in many, if not all, currently made cars there is no mechanical connection between the steering wheel and the front wheels, the gas pedal and the throttle body, the brake pedal and the master cylinder, and the gear selector and the transmission, right? The steering wheel, gas pedal, brake pedal, and gear selector are all just rheostats connected to the onboard computer. You don’t really drive your car any more. You play a driving game in your car. In theory, you could hook up your Nintendo controller and drive with that from the back seat.

• Texian says:

It’s all by design.. The driver is no longer in control – the “State” is.. Your engine, transmission, steering, even door locks and latches can be controlled remotely now.. Your vehicle can be shut down, doors locked, and you become a prisoner in their car you thought was yours..

• Benson II says:

That’s why I’ll never give up my old car.

Most don’t realize that’s really what self driving cars are about to. I think the next step in promoting self driving cars is government funding for separate highways to drive them on since their performance in real traffic ends up in pieces (crashes).

In my opinion American’s love of cars and driving cars and their love of guns and owning guns have been two things that have helped keep our freedoms why else would the left want to eliminate both.

• Also cars, as opposed to bus and light rail, give people more flexibility re: getting and keeping a job. I always call light rail the 20th century transportation solution and remind people we are now in the 21st centure. They never listen, of course. **sigh**

• And if the computer goes, it is an 800.00 or higher adventure as I found out last summer.

29. Bendix says:

Automobile loan financial chicanery become the new finance racket when the mortgage racket blew up.
    People do not realize how important the mass immigration racket is to the automobile finance racket. Look around you, you will see brown-skinned people who haven’t been here long, and don’t have any better paying jobs than you do, driving shiny new sport utility vehicles.
    One also has to wonder, how is it that a government actually serious about ‘fighting’ climate change can’t notice the proliferation of these vehicles?
    BTW, these bulky juggernauts are generally exempt from pollution controls that the purchasers of smaller, more efficient vehicles must pay extra for.

• I work on the street and for years all I heard was subprime auto securitization was the hot new thing and ‘SAFE’ because you can easily repo a car unlike a house….

Then everyone and their mom started making these loans… Now recovery values are going into the toilet and someone is going to be left holding the bag… The automotive market is going has some very interesting times ahead. I expect a few major bankruptcies/restructurings among rental car companies particularly, who will be forced to curtail purchases of new cars.

• Cliff says:

About the emmission exemptions, not so much anymore. Used to be based on weight
      and other factors. But the last couple decades, it’s one drivetrain for all, for any given
      vehicle that the drivetrain will fit. Too expensive to epa certify every possible variation,
      when you can get a “good enough” combo that everyone (state air/epa) can live with,
      with California usually being the strictest.

30. thesavvyinvester says:

Find the live conference here ( 9:45 am EST ) below an click on the link

31. leebelieu says:

Does this mean I can get a Ranchero? I thought those and El Caminos were so cool.

32. jefcool64 says:

Nice to see a check on the power on some of these CEO’s, not every person on the board gives a damn about ideology or hidden agendas. They want someone who can adjust to constant changing conditions.

Trump is an America First president, get on board or get kicked out.

33. Bull Durham says:

The US Capitalists made a judgment decades ago that US consumers would go for “cheaper” if they were kept from growing income, not because the wanted to save on expenditures. So, when they capped the wage growth and purchasing power of the middle class in the 70’s (which is now fully reported as fact), they gave us crap from China and crap from Mexico and filled all the retail big box stores, killed off the Main Street, mom and pop, and most of the Malls.

We want value, choice and Made in the USA.

Ford feels the burn.

• Carolina Kat says:

This is so maddening. The so called environmentalists are filling our landfills with junk that lasts one year, if that.

I remember purchasing things that lasted. Quality made. Now it breaks and you get a new one.

34. hyacinthclare says:

We don’t have to want the guy to keep his job to realize he had an awfully different set of rules and some awfully powerful Washington bosses just a year ago that are no longer there. Some people can’t turn on a dime.

35. Reaper says:

I am glad he’s gone, but; it’s like WACK-A-MOLE he or another globalist will come up somewhere else.

36. 6x47 says:

Wow, stock plunges 40% over theee years and the CEO gets fired? Who woulda thunk it!

37. the Automotive market has awful supply demand dynamics along with rising defaults among borrowers which is lowering residual values and ultimately weighing heavily on used car sales. This is a feedback loop that will only resolve itself once manufacturers slow/cut production which will have noticeable downstream effects on suppliers.

Fields out is a sign of much more pain for auto suppliers, dealers, lenders and manufacturers ahead IMO.

38. Carolina Kat says:

A CEO who allows his animus to the political climate to destroy his company’s business model does not deserve a golden parachute. No doubt he got one anyway.

But the people who lost their jobs in layoffs? They deserved better and he deserved worse.

39. Kalena says:

• thesavvyinvester says:

“This move is all over the news here in Grand Rapids, MI, home of Steelcase. This man is held in very high regard in this area of the state.”

Kalena, if I may a compliment to you and that part of the State. I haven’t met someone from that area that isn’t the salt of the earth, especially if they come from a farming family. My guess is the new CEO is cut from that cloth.

40. rsanchez1990 says:

What’s funny is that Donald Trump used the Ford CEO as an example in his first campaign speech. Trump said the Ford CEO would beg him to rescind the tariffs and use all the usual lobbying and special interests tricks, but Trump would keep replying that he has no interest, and ultimately Ford would be forced to move manufacturing back to the US.

I hope the Ford board of directors recognizes that they won’t convince Trump to back down from the tariffs/NAFTA renegotiations simply by trying someone else to convince the President. This is your new reality Ford, adapt or die. The President doesn’t want you to die, he wants you to succeed and he will facilitate you moving back to the US, but that is your only option now Ford. Working with the President is in everyone’s best interests.

41. barton2016 says:

He has a future in congress

42. NJF says:

I completely miss this thread bc #TooMuchWinning.

43. TrumpIllinois2016 says:

Don’t let your readers jump on the Toyota bandwagon. That car company almost single-handedly destroyed American car manufacturing. So sad to see American patriots spew vitriol at Ford and glorify Toyota when the only reason Ford is in such bad shape is because of the Japanese competition. Look at our roads–Japan has infiltrated this country. Trump mentioned this on the campaign trail. The American auto manufacturers are no angels but we shouldn’t be so quick to throw them under the bus. America First! Never Japan first! Thank you for listening.

44. Howie says:

FYI report

CoC haz been ripping us. In control of the pocketicians who promulgate the regulations on favor of globalist mega corporations. Make it simple. Tariff equal to corporate income tax, duty levy depending on the level of manufacturing of the goods.

45. William Ford says:

My dad always said, “I wouldn’t buy another Ford if I found the money next to it”.