This is really good news.  Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke is accepting a federal appointment as Assistant Secretary within the Department of Homeland Security.

WISCONSIN […] He will work in the department’s Office of Partnership and Engagement as a liaison with state, local and tribal law enforcement and governments.

“I’m looking forward to joining that team,” Clarke said Thursday afternoon on the Vicki McKenna talk show on 1130 WISN Radio.

Clarke said he would start the job in June and that one of his responsibilities would be to “take complaints of shortcomings in the Department of Homeland Security.”

“They feel like they’re being ignored,” Clarke said of his counterparts in local law enforcement.

The position of assistant secretary does not require Senate confirmation.

Clarke has said in the past that it would be difficult to turn down a job offer from President Donald Trump if he was asked to join the administration.

Clarke will work for Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, a retired Marine general. (link)

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, DHS, media bias, Police action, President Trump. Bookmark the permalink.

239 Responses to Sheriff David Clarke Accepts Appointment as Assistant Secretary in U.S. Department of Homeland Security….

1. aprilyn43 says:

David Clarke a great choice, glad he’s joining the Trump team.

• Bob says:

Now PDJT needs to find a spot for Sheriff Joe Arpaio….he needs more people that are loyal to him and can filter out the leftovers.

• Wayne Robinson says:

Americas Sheriff joined Trump train over two years ago . It’s not the size of the man in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the man. I honestly thought I would never be able to trust a black man again but between some black American church leaders and Dr Carson and Sheriff Clark I’ve had to as been forced to face it color don’t mean a thing there is good and bad in all people as Pelosi Maximum be and Feinstein and Brown continually reminded be me . Now that that is straight onward and upward MAGA

• jainphx says:

They need to give him the eastern half and appoint Sheriff Joe to the western half. He (Joe) would not need to even leave Arizona as they have a big brand new DHS building at Deer Valley road and 7Th, St. here in North central Phoenix.

• farmhand1927 says:

Hope this is an ‘entry level’ job for Sheriff Clarke and he rises through the ranks to bigger and better things in the near future. He’s the epitome of law and order. He’ll bring integrity to his new position. He was born to lead, protect and defend and he’s got a wealth of character and common sense, both of which are hard to find in govt these days.

Americans can sleep better with a man like Sheriff Clarke keeping watch. Congrats, Sheriff!

2. Lucille says:

YES! This is so fabulous goosebumps actually came over me! A WINNER!

3. nimrodman says:

Not strictly related to Sheriff Clarke’s DHS appointment, but related to the tough law enforcement he adcvocates:

Erdogan’s security team bloodies protesters in DC

In the video I see police doing a lot of ineffectual grappling and pushing attackers out of the way and they just spin off and return to battle. I see only one cop at 0:40 wielding a baton.

When will we return to standard operating procedure in riots being cops wading in with nightsticks and cracking heads? (or collapsible batons, the modern version).

Put rioters on the ground crying and nursing their bleeding split head or debilitating crack in the shin. Take them out of the battle.

It’s simply exasperating to see our law enforcement forces charged with maintaining order being neutered so as to be almost universally ineffectual.

• wheatietoo says:

Duct tape can be useful too, in dealing with rioter scum.

• BigMamaTEA says:

wheatie……..what the……oh, nevermind! {ha!}

• BigMamaTEA says:

One question though, is that a dildo taped to “I’m a unicorn'” guys head?

• wheatietoo says:

This was an Antifa member who apparently messed with the wrong guys.
          Heheh.

I took this off of one of their tweets…whining about “Look what the Nazis did to one of our brothers!”

• McGuffin says:

Fake news by the Antifa guys. BUT it does look like a great idea to tape them to stuff. The possibilities are endless.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Duct tape. I always have some nearby!!!!

• farmhand1927 says:

Hey Antifa’s, let’s look at what your brothers do to storefronts and personal property that is in the path of your riots.

You burn buildings, destroy police cars and injure officers, shatter windows, cause expensive damage with spray paint, eggs, clubs and bricks. You shut down traffic and prevent ambulances and fire trucks from responding to life threatening situations. You trash everything in your way and leave behind tons of polluted garbage and expect taxpayers to clean up after you. You urinate and relieve yourselves either on people or on our streets. You kick, hit, spit and bloody people, including seniors and innocent bystanders. Last summer during one of your riots, you injured a police horse so severely that he had to be put down. Not a word of condemnation from your PETA cohorts.

You are paid to act like idiots and worse, vandalize, destroy and cause personal, harm. When peaceful Americans get a gut full of your anarchy and realize our police too often operate on ‘stand down’ orders, sometimes somebody pushes back and gives you a taste of what you out others through. It has nothing to do with Nazism. Its called justice.

• adombom says:

I saw that pathetic performance also. That needs to change.

• paris23 says:

I believe they were beating up Armenians – even one woman seemed to have been injured in the video I saw.

• There were quite beefy people on both sides. Or should I say, all sides. I felt sorry for our police – what confusion. Reminded me of The Young Turks. I wonder if that beefiness is a “thing” in Turkish world?

4. Sheriff Clarke has always been on the Trump Team. Glad they finally made it official.

5. SeekerOfTruth says:

Being from Milwaukee, I am thrilled with this news. It is so perfect for Clark. He and Kelly will make a good law and order 1-2 punch team. Kelly can initially focus on the borders and Clark can focus on the cities and internal department organization? And both stop the drug running and gangsters all over.

Post a picture of Kelly and Clark on the border wall all over staring at Mexico saying “Try to come to America illegally and end up in jail”. That should be enough to scare them.

“Trate de venir ilegalmente a Estados Unidos y terminar en la cárcel”

• wheatietoo says:

Yep. Criminal scumbags should be afraid…very afraid.

• All American Snowflake says:

My sincere prayer is that Sheriff Clarke puts some heat on the scuzzy dishonest cops and evil city officials in places like, say, San Jose where the cops don’t protect people who go out to campaign rallies. Or other well-documented, notorious California People’s Republic of Mexicali riots.

6. Moving from applause to opportunity for Sheriff Clarke:

“He will work in the department’s Office of Partnership and Engagement as a liaison with state, local and tribal law enforcement and governments.”

YUGE Opportunities:
    • Prioritize which States and Cities should get ICE support FIRST, based on their level of cooperation, in deporting Illegal Criminals.
    • Identify Sanctuaries that should forfeit Federal Law Enforcement Funding, and determine when they meet the criteria to qualify for restoration of any future funding.
    • Engage Federal DHS resources to support local law enforcement in actions to detain agitators and anarchists interfering with Americans’ Civil Liberties, including Antifa, BLM and OFA.

7. Daniel says:

I absolutely LOVE Sheriff Clarke and I cannot wait for him to remove the nonsense out of the TSA and other homeland security BS. He is the most level-headed, no-nonsense guy I’ve ever seen in political theater. If I may be so affectionate, I would say “he’s muh niguh!” I would only disagree in that he should be in a MUCH more prominent role. I hope he is advanced or promoted sooner rather than later.

8. free73735 says:

I read the link Sundance put for this article concerning Sheriff Clarke. It is a bit of a hit piece much like is produced on Trump. However, IMO, it’s time to get off the roller coaster and stay off. This is great news, in spite of, what gets said by those involved in the uni-party (which includes msm). We know the msm & rino/Dems will continue to do what they are doing, because their goal is to destroy. It will be a long time if ever, anyone from that group will ever speak or do differently. Knowing this, it would help to change the expectation of them saying or doing anything positive concerning Trump, his family, his cabinet, his accomplishments, or his Presidency! Instead, focusing on doing what we can to aide Trump and each other, would be more beneficial. President Trump will be in his position for 8 years. I for one refuse to keep riding this up one minute down the next, and sometimes more down than up. I came to this site (by accident) and found political understanding, truth, and encouragement, and remain, as we move toward MAGA. When discouraged, remembering what Thumper’s mom told him in the Bambi Movie is good advice.
    I am so thankful for Sundance, his team, and others on this site, who are politically knowledgeable, have garnered much wisdom, and post in a teachable manner, that leaves one encouraged, often refreshed, & even some much needed humor! I am glad to have a branch on this tree.

• hippielouie says:

I agree with you wholeheartedly!! this is my go to site to visit especially when I need clarity, understanding, encouragement, and peace. (actually I’m here w my coffee every morning)
      I don’t post much but read all comments n yes, there is so much wisdom here.
      I am VERY grateful that I’ve found this fam of treepers! :)))))

• CiscoKid says:

I’m a newbie at posting but grab a branch and read everything everyday here at the treehouse.
        Every day I pray that God gives President Trump the wisdom and guidance to MAGA.
        We’re in great company hippielouie

• PoCoNoMo says:

I clicked on that link too, and saw this tweet:

Phil McNamara @philindc
      I’m being replaced @DHSgov by #SheriffClarke. My job was to work with state and local officials. Clarke says he wants to strangle #Democrats
      12:53 PM – 17 May 2017 · Washington, DC
      10,798 10,798 Retweets 11,935 11,935 likes

I replied to his tweet: I don’t blame him; I want to strangle them too! Hahahaha!

9. jackphatz says:

This is a good place to start him off in the federal level. I believe this can be trusted .

• CiscoKid says:

I have friends in the law enforcement business. Those that carry a badge along with State and local prosecutors, some still active but many retired. All agree.
      I’ll address him by his new title.
      Assistant Secretary Clarke while serving as Milwaukee Country Sheriff was a no nonsense, no excuse, hands on leader.
      The man is all business.
      If you think your job working for Clarke is 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday Secretary Clarke has news for you, and it ain’t good.

10. jupitercomm says:

Hopefully beginning of a trend (or a strategy) that began w/ Bannon…slowly integrate his real crew

11. Morgol Lord says:

Would have liked to see Clarke get the FBI…

• Alexsandra says:

He would never have made it if nominated to the FBI. This is a perfect post.

• aprilyn43 says:

That’s sad! David Clarke would have made a great FBI Director.
        I like the position he’s in, but he has huge potential.

• Yippeekiyay says:

I believe this is the first step to put him in the position of possibly becoming the head of the FBI in the future. It that happens, I have no doubt he will be among the best. His contribution throughout the election process has been absolutely awesome.

• CiscoKid says:

In President Trumps 2nd term Clarke will be appointed.
      Take that to the bank.

12. helmhood says:

I would hate to be on the side that bets against President Trump and America.

13. Les says:

Hell Yeah! Love that guy. I would give him a man hug if I could.

14. zephyrbreeze says:

Winning another jackpot, for the American people. Still not tired of winning, but almost.

15. Alison says:

Tweeters, go check out @philindc He’s Obama’s snowflake political appointee being replaced by Clarke, and he is tweeting up a sob story at #SheriffClarke of all the ways Clarke is wrong for the job. Throw a couple snowballs at whiny Phil 😊

16. woohoowee says:

Congratulations, Sheriff Clarke!

17. das411 says:

Interesting – there was a big push at CPAC this past year to “Draft Sherriff Clarke” for a run at Senate in WI…has anybody seen any impact on that? Clarke is the man and of course i trust PDJT, but could this also be clearing a path for one of the Wisconsin gang there…?

18. W-D says:

I’m glad Trump appointed Clarke. Now he has someone in the administration who is fearless and who he can completely trust watching his back.

19. joanfoster says:

Great news and congratulations, Sheriff Clark. When I felt that we had suffered some very low points over the past couple of days, I tune in at the Treehouse and my spirits are lifted once again. Sheriff Clark with be awesome in his new role.

20. amwick says:

If you ever watched Sheriff Clarke, on an interview, on a panel, whatever, he was always leading with his chin. This man is strong and proud. Just what we need, right now. This was not exactly a surprise, I knew he was going to have a job with our President’s team, I knew it! ( He gave that away, a while back) Winning!

21. uc i says:

How soon will one of the 51 Attorney Generals file RICO charges against wannabe usurpers of our President

JAIL TREASON CARTEL

11:11pm

22. pjb535i says:

Finally, some real men in charge rather than the fe-men of the last 8 years. MS-13 should be priority #1. Go get ’em General Kelly and Sheriff Clark. Making America great again.

• Sheriff Clarke will be the DHS liaison with local, state and tribal law enforcement, making sure their concerns are heard at DHS. He may get a larger brief if things go well in coming months. Right now, I don’t see him in the Ms-13 hunt.

23. Rosech says:

First of all, Trump moves on and up for America. Sheriff Clarke is an outstanding person and will work just as hard in the Homeland Security (what security before Trump? NONE). Meanwhile, Trump just keeps on moving America forward while the traitors in the MSM and Congress just keep trying to bring him down. Sorry, you will be brought down and karma won’t be nice! You are not true Americans and we will rid OUR America of you. You have earned our disrespect and dislike and that means you MUST go one way or another.

24. Laura Wesselmann says:

Perfect choice!

25. prusmc says:

As an old Marine, I hate to say it but the retired General seems to be a dud in the job as far as illegal immigration is concerned. Don’t think his heart is in it. Save the Sherrif to run for U S Senate in WS.