President Trump Weekly Address – April 21st 2017

President Trump delivers the weekly address from the White House for April 21st 2017:

[Transcript]  My Fellow Americans,

A new optimism is sweeping our country as we return power from Washington and give it back to the American People, where it belongs.

For too long, American workers were forgotten by their government – and I mean totally forgotten. Their interests were pushed aside for global projects, and their wealth was taken from their communities and shipped across the world, all across the seas.

My Administration has offered a new vision. The well-being of the American citizen and worker will be placed second to none – and boy do I mean second to none.

Since Day One I have been fighting for the hardworking people of this country – and this week we took historic action to continue delivering on that promise.

We did so in one of the many proud industrial towns of our nation – Kenosha, Wisconsin – with the men and women of Snap-On, who make American tools for workers around the world. They were there, and they loved what they heard, and they loved what they saw.

In Wisconsin, I signed an Executive Order to Buy American and Hire American. I took historic action to ensure that Federal Projects are made with American Goods – and to keep American workers and companies from being cheated out of contracts by countries that break the rules and break every regulation in the book to take advantage of the United States. That’s not going to happen anymore.

I also took action to reform our immigration system so that it puts the needs of American workers first – the duty of government is to represent the citizens of the United States, and that is what we will do.

Whether it’s removing job-killing regulations, protecting our borders, or unleashing American energy, we are keeping our promises and delivering for the American Worker.

During my visit, I talked about how America is a nation that honors work. We honor grit. We honor craftsmanship. We honor the skilled tradespeople who turn rock and steel and iron and cement into works of art and grace and beauty. There’s tremendous talent there, believe me.

The wrench and ratchet are not only tools, but instruments that help build cities out of deserts and send ships across oceans. And the tools of craftsmen and the masons are just as important as the tools of the doctor and the dentist or the CEO, or even the tools of politicians, believe it or not – and their work is every bit as noble. They take pride in their jobs, and we take pride in them.

No longer will the concerns of these hardworking Americans go unanswered.

By making government answer to our citizens, we are removing the limits on our future and setting free the dreams of our people.

As long as we do this, optimism will continue to soar. Hope will continue to spring. And this country we love will grow stronger and stronger day by day.

Thank you, God Bless you, and God Bless America.

[End Transcript]

This entry was posted in President Trump, Uncategorized, Weekly Address. Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to President Trump Weekly Address – April 21st 2017

1. Minnie says:

Thank you, sir – OUR President!

We support you and respect you, bigly!

🇺🇸MAGA🇺🇸

• NewNonna!! says:

Amen, Minnie! Amen!!! I could not have said it better!

God bless you, President Trump! Thank you for keeping your campaign promises to protect and defend citizens of our country… in every way you mention. Thank you!!

I have sincere hope for a noble America for not only my sweet newborn grandchild, but for this entire new generation!! Thank you.

• Larry Bucar says:

GBY President TRump + Cabinet… what a winning team,,, I’m lovin the new tax rules announced Friday by our Sec of the Treasury + detailed next week… gold standard returning?????

2. Piper says:

What is going on? I hope we don’t get lost in the swamp, they are very mysterious and dangerous places that people throughout history have ventured into, never to return. My husbands grandfather hunted gators there and his boat sank one night, he clung to a log all night. When he finally made it out, he was never the same, went crazy- true story! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaVwFuCU28

3. tinkerthinker2 says:

Bless you President Trump!

4. FLEEVY says:

Every one of these is so great! Love my President

5. Steele81 says:

President Trump, you are doing a great job. Thank you.

6. Janice says:

I love my President!

7. fleporeblog says:

After listening to that, I am ready to run through a wall for my President! God bless you and our country!

8. justfactsplz says:

President Trump, thank you for taking all of these arrows for us, the American people. I am very grateful for all you do to MAGA! God speed, Mr. President.

9. wheatietoo says:

Another great weekly address.

Thank you so much, Mr. President, for all that you’re doing for us.
    You are doing a wonderful job!

10. lorenetn says:

Compare and contrast:

Barry Obama: “I…I…I…” while he droned on and on

President Trump: “We…We…We…” with a crisp, to-the-point, short message to us.

• maiingankwe says:

Lorenetn,
      Oh my gosh, you’re right. Remember when we would count how many times he would refer to himself in one of those awful and long speeches full of lies?

How refreshing to have our President say WE! It’s all for us, not him, he’s already covered. Wow, simply amazing. Thank you President Trump and thank you God.

Enjoy your weekends good Treepers,
      Ma’iingankwe

• drillerelite says:

There couldn’t be a more drastic contrast. Finally a leader who isn’t bought off and has but one agenda, MAGA. I told my wife right before the election that Mr Trump has achieved ‘hero status’ to me. Right up there with my dad, John Wayne and Grandpa Garrison, who was an 82nd All American in WW2. I really love him and what he’s doing for us.

• Wink says:

So true!

• R-C says:

If you’ve never heard one before, THIS is what a REAL LEADER sounds like–24/7/365.

There are so few ‘real leaders’ among us that I instantly notice when I hear one. Most people who occupy ‘leadership’ positions are actually ‘managers’ or ‘administrators’–they know how to read a balance sheet; or assign schedules and deadlines–but they don’t know how to LEAD. In addition to the management ‘imperatives’ of providing direction and limits, true leaders provide inspiration and motivate others to achieve levels of success that normally would not be achievable.

A REAL leader sparks a flame within the follower. A flame that would make the follower want to “run through a wall” for (and with) the leader–as fleporeblog stated above. And that flame is a ‘force multiplier’ like no other.

Pay attention to this man, ladies and gentlemen. You’re seeing a master at work. Watch Donald Trump as he demonstrates PhD level leadership, daily.

I am so PROUD to have elected this man, Donald Trump.

• buzzybee says:

You’re absolutely right, R-C. So few real leaders among us; the switch to a truly wonderful and awe inspiring leader is hard to describe. Love the first sentence in your second paragraph; “A REAL leader sparks a flame within the follower’.

I’ve no doubt that during his campaign, President Trump knew that he would need to spark that flame to MAGA. One of the things I’ve noticed about him is he expresses genuine concern and appreciation for the average person i.e. the craftsman, the staffer, the homemaker, the doctor, the small business owner, the boy on the street… he seems to love them all.

• Thanks Lorene. I wanted to make a comment similar to yours after listening to this. I didn’t know if it would be taking away from the positiveness of his message. From the comments above, seem a lot of us feel the same way.Thanks for posting and thanks to the commenters, I agree with you.

11. maiingankwe says:

You know, I was sitting her wondering how it is so easy for us to see what a great and honorable man we have for our President, and why it seems almost impossible for the left stooges. How can they not see what we do in this honorable man?

Yes, there are trillions at stake, and therefore the msm have been giving their marching orders along with soros type groups and so forth. I get that, but how can one not hear what we do when they watch and listen to these words of our President Trump today before they hear any of the pundits etc have time to skew what he just said?

In a perfect world, the majority of our country would be celebrating this great man who is our leader. Unfortunately, it is not a perfect world, and if it was, our President Trump would never have thought to run as our leader. He wouldn’t have heard our cries from his Trump Tower. He wouldn’t have been disgusted with all of these laws to make the rich richer and our people poorer and with less of a voice. He never would’ve come down that escalator and said enough is enough, I’m going to change things.

Now I would have preferred a more perfect world, but I am ever so greatful our President Trump decided to jump in and and do everything possible to save us, all of us.

God Bless,
    Ma’iingankwe

• Sean Supsky says:

maiingankwe says:
      April 22, 2017 at 2:26 am

Reply:
      A mind and heart consumed with hatred and evil is blind to the obvious in front of them.

• dalethorn says:

“In a perfect world, the majority of our country would be celebrating this….”

Actually, in a sane 1950’s U.S., nearly all of us would be celebrating this presidency. It’s clear to be that we’ve been brought to the brink of destruction by a great evil, and we’ve been given this last chance to survive – at least in the sense to survive as a republic under God. One question – are we going to crush the head of the serpent this time, as depicted in The Passion of the Christ and described in Genesis, or will we allow the serpent to continue poisoning our next generations of youth? We can’t afford to squander this one.

12. KBR says:

Our president continually brings to us the good. He works so hard for us, while also taking all those arrows.

Thank you, Mr President. We await your guidance and your command.

I notice that this good news garners fewer comments, by a lot, than most of the bad news.

I wonder why is that?

Is it that we are conditioned to be more stimulated by the negative than by the positive?

I say we need to be able to be uplifted in order to stay above the mire. We need to be shouting hoorah! We need to be saying Thank You!

We need to recognize the power of the positive within a world so negative.

• CharterOakie says:

Very well said.

• buzzybee says:

Yes, KBR! Absolutely agree. While the swamp is being drained, we need to be able to remain encouraged by the good, shining the light on true greatness and goodness that we see. So glad there is another rally coming up so that we can celebrate the positive accomplishments having been done so far, and look forward to more coming up. I believe our POTUS fully understands the need for people to be encouraged and have real hope in a truly free and prosperous country. God Bless America.

• missmarple2 says:

This is why, whenever I find a positive story, I try to post it on the daily presidential thread.

Some days, sadly, there aren’t any, because of the corrupt media.

13. CharterOakie says:

Great, great weekly address.

Thank God he was willing to take this on: putting himself out there to take the sings and arrows, spending a fortune to finance his campaign, putting up with knaves and fools every day and everywhere, etc.

Thank God he’s as smart and tough as he is determined.

MAGA!

14. Daniel says:

He has taken over the formerly socialist “we represent the working people!” position. The Democrats no longer represent anyone important or meaningful. They doubled-down and triple-downed on minority causes and interests and isolated anyone with any amount of common sense. Those who didn’t vote for Trump and are part of that isolated and marginalized group will humbly come to admit they were wrong and that’s good because re-election time will be here before we know it.

• KBR says:

They doubled down on minority causes, as long as the particular minority was a useful tool/useful fools to believe them.

Blacks were thrown under the bus/to the back of the bus for hispanics when it seemed the hispanic vote would be the larger: communities with mostly black people left to crime and chaos.

Gays were a big thing for the left: until Muslims began to pour in in greater numbers: you know, those same people who throw gays off cliffs are now their favored “minority.”

Women, (not really a minority but said to be) were enticed into their party with “equal pay for equal work” and “women’s rights.” Then they claimed “we are all Muslims today” ignoring completely the fact that Muslims deny women rights.
      They made claims that using a woman’s body as a way to gain success was degrading to women…but then included Madonna and Beyonce as cult heros for girls.
      Yet somehow, brainwashed women answered the call to wear vagina-shaped hats in a parade.

Blacks began to be replaced by Muslims of any color in the Obama echelon: we know where his allegiance is.

Well, they made some bigtime mistakes: moslems won’t be entering in such huge numbers, and many illegal hispanics who voted anyhow, are being deported.

So now, which minorities do they actually represent? And how many are legal voters?

Hillary’s rally attendees (other than for infamous entertainers showing body parts) were scarce. Even the Obamas were not drawing the big crowds.

All they have now that is a danger is MSM and lies, and the brainwashed attending Universities.

MSM and schools that brainwash: these are what must be permanently altered/changed/ended.

• buzzybee says:

Right on, Daniel! Unfortunately I know people who will never admit they were wrong (they are not humble either), but hopefully these are in the minority and we can have another gangbusters election next time around.

15. Nobama says:

Just one thing, Mr. President, please don’t stand in front of the window.

16. i'm just sayin'.. says:

The nobility of work! The windows long shut are thrown open and a fresh spring breeze billows the curtains.
    The tools of the worker, wrench and ratchet, are as important as the tools of doctors and dentists, CEOs and even politicians. The hearts of the working man and woman across the nation swell with pride!
    I am heartened!

• R-C says:

That’s the part that rang especially loudly for me. I’m cheering a POTUS who understands the work force–finally!

For years, I’ve been quizzing so-called ‘intellectuals’ on their real-life skills. Many–perhaps most–have none; they could barely change a burned-out light bulb.

And I’ve asked this question whenever it fits into a conversation at a social engagement–usually after somebody disparages ‘the trades’ and/or tradesmen: “It’s 2AM. You hear a ‘bang’, and the sound of rushing water. You jump out of bed to find your water heater has sprung a leak. Your floor is flooding. Quick! Are you going to call an ‘intellectual’, or a plumber?” I then go on to describe the nobility I see in tradespeople who practice their craft with pride and dignity, and gently remind the folks I’m speaking with that everybody’s efforts have worth. (Alternatively, I ask them which ‘quickie oil change’ franchise they visit. “Oh. I go to ‘Jiffy Lube’.” –So…you don’t change your own oil…but you rely on a tradesman to do it for you? –This often gets the point across, too. Ditto this question: “Who built your house?”)

Mike Rowe ‘gets’ this, and preaches it often. So does bad-boy ‘outlaw’ motorcycle craftsman Jesse James. And now, so does the President of the United States.

(*And my answer for the pop-quiz? “I shut off the water main myself, and clean up the mess. In the morning, I go to the distributor and buy a new water heater, after which I take it home and install it myself.”)

• buzzybee says:

Intellectuals… gotta love ’em. I think they know how to make coffee though. About 20 years ago I went to a school board meeting where they were discussing ‘new math’ by teaching the students how to make coffee (high school level). Seriously.

• ledygrey says:

Poetic even, like Walt Whitman poetry!

17. Phil aka Felipe says:

That is what and who I voted for!!!

18. 22CatsInTN says:

Every day, with every speech, with every order signed, with every invitee to the White House, with every appointment, with every regulation overturned, with every bomb precisely dropped on real enemies and even with every Tweet ( 😉 ) we are witness to the greatness of this man, his humble heart, his pride, his vision, his drive and his uncompromising principals–solely on our behalf. We are a blessed nation indeed. We really are. After years of political abuse, I still half can’t believe our good fortune. Finally a true and righteous warrior. Amen!

• buzzybee says:

Yes, yes, yes! I couldn’t have said it better myself, 22Cats. Love that term, ‘political abuse’. indeed that’s what makes up the swamp water. I also am amazed at how blessed we are to have this good man for our president. Yes, we are blessed. I pray we don’t ever take our freedom for granted again. We now have a chance. i pray we remain vigilant.

19. Trumpstumper says:

Silly BGPGuy… if if you can’t figure it out after two years of intense scrutiny, plus the Treehouse, then we can’t help you.

• eagledriver50 says:

BGPGuy…if you still can’t figure out what Trumpstumper has alluded too then may I suggest you leave this country and go find one that meets your requirements..BTW, make sure you have plenty of door knobs where your going…you can barter with them.

20. pancho says:

It’s not over yet, BPG. If you don’t trust him now, you probably never will. Just ponder these things in your heart and wait.

21. Kelly says:

We now have a president who works for and with the American people. We feel safer, stronger, and more hopeful than we have in a long time. There is no fear out here as the msm would want us to believe. Quite the opposite. In fact, the only fear I’ve seen is manufactured by the Left & the liberal media. Thank you, President Trump, for speaking directly to us. We support you!

22. Bendix says:

I saw a headline in my local paper, about how horrible Trump’s Buy American, Hire American policy would be.
    Even though this paper is independently owned, they still, for reasons of cheapness, buy ‘canned’ articles and opinion pieces, which they pass off as “news”.
    If such an analysis of a president’s policy was made by someone at the local level, I could directly contact that individual and explain to them how they are all wet.
    With a global article, however, I can perhaps write a letter locally on what I think is wrong with the piece, but the entity that put it out there will never see it, and thus can continue pretending people like me don’t exist, and will never have to defend their fraudulent viewpoint.
    Anybody local who tries that nonsense with me, I offer to drag them out of their comfortable armchair, and take them down to a nearby urban area, devastated by globalism, and ask them what Chuck Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Barack Obama’s “liberal” policies have done for these people.
    They won’t take me up on such an offer, to see firsthand why I voted for Trump, because they are afraid of negroes and poor people in general.
    I’m sick of seeing working class white people being pushed around for a non-living wage, as well.
    Raising the minimum wage, as New York’s dunce of a governor tried to do for one particular sector, is not the answer either, for reasons better expressed by other people.
    In summary, don’t tell me how awful you think thinks WILL get, when you never noticed and acknowledged how bad things are.
    BTW, black Americans got walloped the worst by globalism, as they were just beginning, as a group, to hit their stride, when the legs were sawed off the old ladders of success. In my opinion, it is racist of these people (the ones arguing against Trump’s policies) not to acknowledge this.

23. Judy says:

Thank you Mr President, I appreciate you so much!

24. pearfect says: