April 21st – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #92

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

883 Responses to April 21st – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #92

1. Martin says:

• NJF says:

They only reason they are making an apology is bc the Patriots called them out directly. If POTUS did it, they’d start the spin on why he’s wrong.

• daughnworks247 says:

In the REAL world, the Boston Globe should respond to the diss by printing a pic of NY Yankees spring training camp, as nursery school kids all lined up and playing with toys…… and then say, “OOPS! We didn’t realize the real Yankee baseball players were sitting in the front row”.
        Every Boston sports fan would love the idea.
        Of course, since it involves Trump, the Boston Globe will not speak.

• Weeper says:

Martin, thanks for posting these. I’m going to place my “peep” today right here as it speaks to our President’s middle tweet above.

Weeper “peep” of the day.

Dear MSM –
      Re: your coverage of PDJT

Enough is enough! You’ve been trying, unsuccessfully, for almost 2 years to erode his support. Guess what….it’s not working.
      Some ignore you completely, some make fun of you, and others are slowly influencing those that still find the need to pay attention to you.
      Keep it up. Your flip-flopping headlines, your constant negative bias, and your incessant need to cheerlead anything Anti Trump. Sooner or later you’ll see that the only support that erodes is your own.

A concerned American

• Sentient says:

The three pillars of Trump’s 2016 campaign were avoiding stupid foreign entanglements, ending illegal immigration and reversing sovereignty-suppressing globalism. We should never forget that most of that last task was accomplished on 1/23/17 when the president ordered us out of TPP.

• jdvalk says:

Translation: the NYT got caught and exposed in realtime, thus the mea culpa. The inauguration, not so much.

2. John22 says:

Its time to stand up to Fox who wants to be MSNBC it appears now.

• georgiafl says:

Typical unbalanced leftist propaganda monger.

• Stood up, walked away ages ago.

• wyntre says:

We all need to tweet, email, call the Murdochs 24/7.

• Tegan says:

Proves all the money in the world doesn’t buy brains, logic, the ability to separate fact from fiction, or even decent manners. Utter contempt for the Murdoch family. They may think they are destroying the only half-way conservative network but they underestimate our voices and power.

• singingsoul says:

Time to turn Fox off. I left TV 16 years ago never missed anything . What I need to know I get on Internet. Fox is outdated.

• Gil says:

There are still a lot of people who dont use the internet. While im working around home i like to have the news on, lately oann. Having a single news channel is still a good idea. Many elderly want to watch, its their social outlet. And frankly people are too lazy to research also. Outdated for many, but not useless, yet.

• Oldschool says:

I could not agree more Gil. Bubbles exist on all sides and while Treepers are well informed and have established “reliable sources”, they too often overlook the millions of people who still turn on Fox or Rush or Savage. While we can call them out as “never Trumpers” or faux news, I doubt Trump would be POTUS right now if Hannity or Ingrahm or others like them did not have their megaphones. My 89 year old mother voted (first time in over 20 years) for Trump because of listening to Fox. She is never going to go to the internet. I know of many others who did the same. We need a strong conservative conventional source. I am hoping Bannon has his finger on this one.

• Lance E Schaffer says:

Sorry, but being lazy is not an excuse for supporting the enemy. If older folks can’t find a more productive way to spend their time than watching propaganda, they they are already dead. Either stop making excuses and stand up for what you believe in, or stop your complaining and take your beatings.

• Oldschool says:

Wow, what a hateful, angry and bigoted response. You sound like the left. Are you in the right tree?

• singingsoul says:

My 90 year old neighbor learned how to use the computer. She grew up on a farm and there was nothing she did not tackle. She still volunteered in the soup kitchen at 94. She never watched TV her hobby was knitting and doing volunteer work.
              I know many people in their eightees that learned late in life how to use a computer.

• All true I’m sure, but still not the norm. Most people follow the general habits and behaviors of their generation, and most seniors are not comfortable using computers, dislike them, distrust them and wish life was still face-to-face. The President is a typical 70 year-old in that aspect. He watches lots of TV, prefers negotiating in person and sending messages by courier, only uses his smart phone to tweet (no browsing or email), and marvels about how his youngest son can do everything on computer.

3. Tazz2293 says:

I’ll never understand why so many still watch Faux News or any of the LSM propaganda outlets

4. ALEX says:

Found this on another site. I don’t read TIME, but the information is timely…One could speculate Fake Russia/Trump probe is winding down…This “Lady” was in charge of National Security part of Justice Department during this probe….

Mary McCord, the Department of Justice’s acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security who is leading the investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, is stepping down from her post.
    McCord will officially leave her position next month, the Associated Press reports. According to the AP, she is leaving to pursue “other opportunities.”

5. Secretary Ross had a brilliant announcement and interchanges with the press, covered on Sundance’s post yesterday:

YUGE implications for restoring America’s critical industries to greatness.

26 comments suggests that many Treepers may have missed it:

6. ALEX says:

These are things people should spread around on the results of cutting regulations. This Executive Order will save at least 14 billion and the paperwork load that is gone is staggering….It’s how you jump start an economy…

The table below shows the regulations addressed in President Trump’s EO and corresponding costs and paperwork burdens. Two rules did not contain costs and were excluded from the table.

Regulation
    New Sources of Greenhouse Gases
    $0.06
    651
    Totals
    $14.6 billion

7. missmarple2 says:

Drop cable! Even if you don’t watch Fox or any of the news channels, your very cable subscription supports them. They get a cut of each cable bill, as do CNN and MSNBC.

I dropped it last July and have survived just fine with YouTube and clips supplied here, as well as the White House channel as far as news goes.

For entertainment, we have Netflix. There’s enough on there to watch. If you need more, there are several other sites like Hulu, etc.

Also, your public library loans out DVD’s and (get this) BOOKS!

Cut cable. It’s the only way these people will get the message.

• georgiafl says:

I gave up Netflix due to their Netflix Original Movie – Santa Clarita Diet which tries to normalize cannibalism. (due to the Pizzagate/Spirit Cooking scandal?)

I heard Soros has bought into Netflix.

• georgiafl says:

My alternatives to Netflix:
        Watch Bluebloods directly on CBS.com and access other network shows online at their website.

There is also a Christian movie streaming service that looks interesting: https://www.christiancinema.com/

• soozword says:

I have Netflix as well as Amazon Prime. Gasp, I know Bezos is a Trump hater but Amazon is so darn handy when you live in a rural area, although I have been diversifying my vendors for purchases the past few months. Get both streaming and DVDs on Netflix, but their streaming is getting irritating because they recently started to automatically preview a video while just browsing the listings so I have to put it on mute. Then they recently made it impossible to see the credits at the end. It just seems like the streaming service is getting worse and worse in both video selection and these autocratic streaming decisions they are making — wish I could just rent the DVDs without the streaming. I tried the local library for DVDs but it’s a 35 min drive one-way and only one week rental so it’s too much of a hassle.

• Dr. Emmett L. Brown says:

Maybe I am wrong but I thought you could rent the DVD’s without a streaming plan.

• soozword says:

Thanks, Dr. E! Just went to the website and I was mistaken, thought you had to take the streaming if you signed up for the DVDs but that’s not correct. I recently moved to Utah by myself but my husband and father are still in CA. So to avoid arguments with them I only downgraded the streaming a few minutes ago to one at a time vs two so they stay happy. I’m the only one who uses DVDs. Once they move here I will try to wean them off the Netflix streaming altogether but I don’t dare do that for domestic harmony right now with the split camps.

• BunnyinFL says:

My husband and I, (two thirty-somethings) cut our cable FIVE YEARS AGO. Everyone thought we were crazy. My husband works a lot (military) and I’m one of the rare ones who doesn’t watch the Kardashians or MTV, or any of the other smut out there. The question was– were we watching $110 worth of TV a month? NO! It wasn’t hard at all. It was so freeing! I get over 66 channels in my area with our digital antenna, and everything else on Roku. Most everything is on YouTube, even live news feeds.

Five years later and it’s the best decision we made. I love that we don’t sit in front of the TV for hours on end, and I love NOT knowing what new shows are out, who the latest “star” is, etc. When it comes to Hollyweird, ignorance really is bliss!

8. ALEX says:

Here is another good article on regulation rollback and its staggering costs on doing business…

9. ALEX says:

The president has raised 15 million in three months for re-election without trying…Time to make it clear it’s our party now…

Nearly 80 percent of the funds raised came from small donors, Politico reported. In fact,some $4.7 million of the money came from Trump’s “Make America Great Again” memorabilia, which included hats, T-shirts, mugs and stickers. The campaign reportedly spent at least $2.7 million on telemarketing and other fundraising activities.

According to the documents, Trump’s re-election campaign slogan is “Keep America Great.”

Because of ongoing fundraising this year, Trump was able to reach the required $5,000 needed to file an official statement of candidacy for the next election, The Washington Post reported. However, the filing did not constitute a formal announcement of Trump’s candidacy for the 2020 election.

10. NYGuy54 says:

All the Russian collusion stuff is back..now there’s evidence…well maybe..it could be..they can’t tell us but it”s solid..just like last time..trust them..

11. georgiafl says:

President Trump has his triple crown stars Pence, Tillerson and Mattis out all over the globe – working on fixing American foreign policy messes that Obama/Hillary/Kerry created. ….and restoring alliances that O/H/K damaged or destroyed.

12. Dora says:

13. sgtrok13 says:

I was an 80’s kid under Ronald Reagan. The 80’s we’re phenomenal. Cold War kids were tough. We bombed Libya. Reagan was no nonsense with terrorists and we displayed strength. Reagan went to Berlin and demanded Gorbachev tear down the wall. I enlisted in the Army. I was in the Berlin Brigade. I patrolled the Berlin Wall and I watched it come down first hand.

The children under Obama, not all, were given participation trophies , indoctrinated under common core. I cannot even help my second grader on some subjects. And I think that is part of the plan, to shut our generation out of their indoctrination.
    We see the results now. Riots, violence, crying, whining and pathetic moaning. They are used to media brainwashing, “political correctness”, and everyone is a winner. In reality they have been done a great disservice. They are an embarrassment. Their ideology is dangerous and they are compromised.

I believe the children under President will be much stronger. President Trump wants to remove common core. Betsy is in place to take control. Trump certainly recognizes this. My kids LOVE Trump, but it is t just me. During the campaign my son told me all of the kids, except one boy who’s parents were school teachers, would chant Trumps name, and this is Suffolk County, Long Island, New York. Children recognize strength and leadership and have natural inherent abilities to see right and wrong.
    They despise Obama, call him a liar. They didn’t like Hillary and said she was sick.
    Things are turning around. I can see it and feel it. A renewed sense of patriotism. We just have to undo the damage Obama has done.
    We can melt the snowflakes and their dangerous, entitled, mindset. They are the enemy, the brown shirts so to speak, that Obama promised.

• Dr. Emmett L. Brown says:

I too was an 80’s kid under Reagan. I believe the 80’s was the greatest period America ever reached. Economically, militarily, still tops in education vs the world, loved by most of the world, and led by a great man. We didn’t have the horrible racial unrest we do now, no political correctness, and even the average democrat had some common sense. Things were so much better. There is a chance now to turn things around, a chance.

• fleporeblog says:

sgtrok13 there is TRUE HOPE with Generation Z.

From the article linked below:

This is perhaps the mechanism behind their strong support for Donald Trump. In polling data collected by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation including 50,000 high-school students aged 14-18 just prior to the election, first time voters presented a 46% – 31% divide in favor of the Republican candidate with primary concerns being education, gun rights, and health care. When expanded to reflect their generation as a whole Trump still maintained a 14-point advantage over Clinton at 34% — 20%.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/07/the-post-millennial-generation-should-worry-democrats/

From the article linked below:

This trend continued onto topics like “saving money” and “tattoos,” where Generation Z far surpassed the last two generations in terms of how conservative they are. This shift comes down to one main idea: Conservatism is the new counterculture.

Throughout history, teenagers and children often rebel against their parents. Due to resentment and anger, they will do things outside of their parents’ approval. Smoking weed, joining gangs, sneaking out at night are all activities that teenagers have done.

14. maxmbj says:

Rush Limbaugh says the media isn’t serving the Democrat Party but the other way around. Steve Bannon says the media is the opposition. Both are right. 90+% of the stories on Trump have been hostile. The media polls have been rigged (again) against him. I visited the Newseum — the media’s contribution to the D.C. Museum onslaught — last week and was treated to Obama adulation and Trump mockery.

My sense is we are reaching critical mass on their stranglehold on American political life. Trump’s election was deeply disturbing to them. They have now turned on one of their own, albeit a bastard stepchild, Fox News, and are trying to blow it up … with some success.

My week in D.C. surprised me in an important way: the city seemed … conservative. It was shoulder to shoulder with tourists and visitors who reminded me completely of my own conservative Midwestern hometown. The Uber drivers were 4 out of 5 pro Trump. Seriously. And they weren’t middle-aged white guys. The tour guides were conservative. One woman we met in a shared Uber ride had worked on the Evan Bayh (Indiana Dem senatorial candidate) now works on trying to salvage some parts of Obamacare. She told us it needed to be repaired and was failing.

The media presents a false view of America. The rank and file citizens are no longer being shaped by their attempts to craft a narrative. Yes, the media is the opposition. But they are losing.

15. Pam says:

Here is a preview of Jesse Watters sit down interview with Rick Perry that will air this weekend on his show.

16. Pam says:

17. Liked by 6 people

18. Pam says:

I’m posting this stuff to twitter as well. You can follow me here:

19. Pam says:

Yikes! I didn’t know it was going to post like that. Sorry guys!

20. Pam says:

This is how I meant to post it.

21. Pam says:

You can follow me here:
    @Pam216384429

22. Pam says:

23. Pam says:

24. Pam says:

25. Pam says:

26. Pam says:

27. Pam says:

28. Pam says:

29. https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/04/20/an-important-legal-ruling-against-the-irs-may-have-huge-implications/
    Excerpt:
    In a major victory in the ongoing Lois Lerner scandal at the IRS, non-profit election integrity organization True the Vote defeated an IRS motion to quash discovery in True the Vote v. IRS. The ruling means that everyone involved in the scandal could be compelled to submit every document related to the case and be deposed by True the Vote’s legal team.

From their press release:

Judge Reggie Walton of U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia just issued a critical order in True the Vote v. IRS case. The order compels the IRS to submit to discovery and depositions, giving True the Vote a long-awaited opportunity to expose the full scope of the discriminatory practices used by the Internal Revenue Service to target and abuse organizations and individuals who expressed political views in opposition to the Obama Administration.
    In an exclusive interview, the lawyer representing True the Vote, Jim Bopp, Jr., cheered the ruling:

What we have now is an opportunity to find out who did what. The IRS has doggedly fought anyone finding out what happened and how it happened that they launched this comprehensive campaign to attack and undermine and adversely treat Tea Party and other conservative groups. We finally get an opportunity to find out.

30. Pam says:

31. NJF says:

SMH.

This is the point Ive been trying to get across to my collage age daughter

32. Pam says:

33. NJF says:

Well this should be fun.

34. jeans2nd says:

Well, well, well.

The Democrats officially have an insurgent, it would seem. Rep. Tim Ryan, OH-13, almost-nancy-pelosi-son-in-law and losing candidate for DNC head (our guy Keith Ellison also lost *sigh*).

Congressman Tim Ryan Introduces Legislation to Decentralize the Federal Government

Congressman Tim Ryan Calls On President Trump to Declare Opioid Epidemic a Public Health Emergency

Ryan wants more fed money, of course, but give Ryan’s constituents a bit more time. We’ve not finished with Tim Ryan, yet.

Look out Y-town Ohio. We’ve not gone anywhere.
    Still winning. *grins**

35. Pam says:

36. Pam says:

How true this is!

37. Liked by 1 person

38. Joe says:

Have you seen Carrot Man?!

Hilariously mocks Antics and they meltdown at the mocking.

39. Pam says:

40. Pam says:

41. Pam says:

42. Pam says:

43. kimosaabe says:

44. kimosaabe says:

Reminds me of the size of a Trump campaign rally

45. Pam says: