Credit Suisse is a stock rating entity which generates a sliding scale for future stock valuations based on evaluations of brand sentiment.  The scale runs from -100 to +100 with zero as a “hold” or “take no position” recommendation.

Back in January Starbucks announced they were going to stand in opposition to President Trump; and to display their virtuous immigration bona fides they announced their intention to hire 10,000 refugees as employees in lieu of current American applicants for employment.

An almost immediate backlash began as pro-USA consumers and President Trump supporters turned away from the Starbucks brand.   As a consequence the Starbucks business model has been severely impacted.

Prior to their virtue-signaling announcement, Starbucks held a +80 position with Credit Suisse.  Today that rating dropped to ZERO as analysts announced the latest brand rating against the back drop of significant drops in sales.

(Via CNBC)  –Starbucks’ refugee hiring program to counter Trump is hurting brand and sales

The backlash from some consumers about Starbucks‘ decision to eventually hire 10,000 refugees worldwide could negatively impact sales in the near term, according to analysts at Credit Suisse, who reiterated a hold rating on the coffee seller.

“Our work shows a sudden drop in brand sentiment following announcement of the refugee hiring initiative on Jan. 29th, to flattish from a run-rate of ~+80 (on an index of -100 to +100). Net sentiment has since recovered, but has seen significant volatility in recent weeks,” equity analyst Jason West wrote in a research note.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Illegal Aliens, Islam, Muslim Grievance Industry - MGI, Occupy Type Moonbats, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Refugees, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

287 Responses to Credit Suisse: Starbucks Stock Rating Drops 80 Points After Announcing Opposition to President Trump…

1. Starbucks was the coffee we have used for 15 years unless we were traveling and had no choice. I stopped drinking coffee when that ass hat made his statement.
    Sorry he ruined the finances of the investors but glad to see it tank.

2. Shamrock says:

A latte daily for one person is $1,200 a year plus. Sbux coffee is over priced and under flavored. Buy an espresso machine and a much better coffee and make your own at home. Ends supporting a crappy company, you have much better coffee and cash for your new HSA. More winning!!!

3. Juan says:

SBUX day of reckoning is still to come. Their market share has dropped almost 10 % since January. If a trend of a shrinking market share develops, investors will be rushing to the exit … if/when that happens, shares will go into a free fall. Let’s see how their earnings hold up in the next few quarters. I hope they fall off a cliff.

• harrietht3 says:

The story within the story is that while the media heralds leftism and progressive (communist) politicians — so much so that the casual observer must conclude the presence of any opposition to the inevitable dismantling of our historic American nation must be pathetically small — the truth is that the historic American nation is embedded deeply within our national psyche.

The left attacks the good: President Trump (SBUX) and Ivanka’s brand (by extension, in an indirect assault on President Trump); result? SBUX tanks and Ivanka’s brand soars.

There’s more than a little great news in reading the above tea leaves.
        And we all know how solidly Americans rejected Target’s perverted bathroom policing!

Leftism is under assault — that’s the story within the story.

• 7delta says:

Read your post after I posted, Harriet. Seems like we talking about the same thing. You just said it more eloquently.

• ladypenquin says:

“… the truth is that the historic American nation is embedded deeply within our national psyche.”
          Excellent observation, and that’s why, so far, just when we’re about to go over the cliff, we somehow stop, though the fight is tougher as generations lose that cultural consciousness.

• 7delta says:

An interesting difference between the left’s organized “hold your wallet” and protest campaigns that are put on by paid and bussed activists, and the hurting put on Target, Starbucks, Kellogg, etc. is that other than maybe somebody somewhere in the conservative blogosphere wrote a post about boycotting a particular business or provided a list of leftist tool companies, no one is paid, no one is organized, no one is getting 20 bucks and a free bus ride, etc. People have just withdraw their business. We may not be loud and flashy, but we carry a big stick in our wallets. Ouch.

I’m not aware of any company targeted by the left to pressure their sponsors or to boycott them suffering a downturn. Some sponsors pulled their advertising, but others came in and generally, the brand/company magically kicks up a notch in sales, like Chic-Fil-A, Duck Dynasty, Ivanka’s clothing line. Can’t think of any others at the moment, but I don’t recall any of the left’s targets suffering much, if at all.

You’re right. Looks like somebody would get a clue.

4. Wend says:

OMG the most killer coffee in the world-ha ha ha haaaaa! Coals to Newcastle here we come!

5. Irving says:

Dunkin’ Donuts has excellent coffee for less than a dollar. Only people of junior high mentality still desperate to appear “cool” goes to Starbucks.

• Tim Hortons has good coffee and they haven’t made the news for disrespecting the police yet either.

• MW says:

Starbucks is the only place in my community where I can take my laptop and work when I need a break from the office. I can work there for hours, making a pricey bottle of water of cup of coffee worth it. I also do networking meetings there sometimes. I live in a tourist town where there are very few professional settings in which to meet people for coffee. I don’t like their policy and I support others boycotting, but it isn’t realist for me to do so. I gave up on cool forever ago. Dunkin’ Donuts coffee is great but trying to work or having a meeting in there, impossible.

6. toriangirl says:

I’m a coffee snob. I grind my beans and use a french press. I’d rather have no coffee than Starbucks. Starbuck’s coffee is burned. That bitter taste does not mean the coffee is stronger, it means they flash roast and burn the beans. We have a lot of smaller roasters in my area that are wonderful. One great brand is Katz.

• kpm58 says:

When the cup slides off the table and breaks when it hits the floor but the coffee does not spill out, that is how I like my coffee.

• TRiUMPh says:

That coffee of yours will surly put a hair or two on ya’ chest…;)

• toriangirl says:

Ha!! I don’t care who you are, that’s funny!

• Marian says:

When I quit stirring the spoon stands up.

• The Fighting Man says:

I like mine to float an iron wedge. My grandpa taught me to make coffee. You put in a double handful of ground coffee in a saucepot of boiling water. Wait for the boiling water to turn inky black. Take coffee off eye of stove and let cool to taste, pour into cup. Put cup in saucer. Head to front porch. Sit in rawhide-seat wood chairs. Saucer-n-blow coffee and sip while watching the morning break. Grandpa’s been gone for many years now, but I still remember those good times and that great coffee.

• dave says:

We’ve been drinking Mystic Monk coffee from Carmelite monks in Powell WY for at least 15 years. Selling coffee is how they are building their monastery.

We like their Midnight Vigils blend, which is an extra dark roast. Never burnt.

7. My daughter used to buy the pre-made starmucks iced coffee at Wegman’s. I told her she would have to find a new refrigerator to put it in. She found another brand.

8. JoAnn Leichliter says:

Collins Bakery in Texas (makers of the (in)famous fruitcake you get every Christmas) has, besides all sorts of wonderful baked goods, very good coffee, which can be purchased ground or whole bean. Full-bodied, and very smooth.

9. hellinahandbasket says:

Stopped drinking when they wanted to have “a conversation” with me about blacks, sneer at me because I’m “a privileged White”, and to tell me BLM wasn’t a terrorist organization.
    So, for these malcontents to believe the remaining “loyalists” would stick-around after telling them “All customers WILL contract HEP-A” (by hiring tens of thousands of the world’s most backward culture, who most likely don’t practice personal hygiene …aka don’t wash their hands after wiping their ass) …the rest of their customers woke-the-hell-up and stopped drinking their mud.

10. Martin says:

You don’t need Star**cks, or Caribou either, for that matter.

Get yourself a Ninja Coffee Bar maker, and craft your favorites yourself. You’ll save money and enjoy the experimentation immensely. It’s really as simple as that.

11. Hopefully, they can look forward to more of their like minded resisters smashing more of their windows. That should help the bottom line quite a bit.

12. Joe says:

I don’t understand why more of these activist CEOs aren’t being sued by disgruntled shareholders for their incompetent PR blunders when endorsing unpopular positions on unrelated social issues. Can someone enlighten me here?

13. KBR says:

Nobody commented about “decapitationcino” advertised in the front window.
    That says it all.

14. floridahoosier93 says:

Yeah, who would want a jihadi serving me anything I am going to invest?

15. guitar107 says:

Nice to see the “virtuous” SBUX starting to tank.
    All these SJW executives persist in alienating half of their potential customers.

/Very smart. /sarc off

16. James Tabor says:

We have our own Deep State. Not always noticed, but those in support of traditional US values let it be known we are here when it counts.

17. Frank_O'Pinion says:

Are not there penalties associated with hiring illegal aliens?

Or, can everyone violate Federal statutes without fear of arrest?

I only have questions.

18. amanda4321 says:

I think for decades the corporate media has been trying to brainwash us into believing that the country is divided left/right, 50/50 (that way it makes it easier for them to steal w/the voting machines). But I’m increasingly convinced that this is NOT the case and that the numbers are with us.

• The Boss says:

I think you are 100% right.

• 7delta says:

So glad you said that, Amanda. Been saying it for years. Statistics regarding how people self-identify as conservative/liberal/independent have fluctuated very little for decades and decades. Conservatives range from 37-42% of the respondents. Liberals range from 20-22%, with a 4-7% within that range identifying as progressive. Independents/moderates come in with the remaining percentage, with more than half stating they lean right.

Despite the carefully wrought K-12 indoctrination centers and snowflake training centers at universities, once people reach the real world and learn what it costs them in multiple ways, they drop that crap in a hurry.

• guitar107 says:

I agree. The Libs are very loud and very good at rioting and looking big and powerful, but that may be smoke and mirrors.

• guitar107 says:

• CDuran says:

I agree with you. All the polls you hear about are bogus or skewed. Nobody I know has ever been polled.

19. The Boss says:

I sure as hell don’t miss standing in a SBUX line with sweaty, smelly runners and bicyclists who think the place is a locker room with snacks and drinks.

20. Some Guy says:

I will check if I own any Starbucks stock. If so I will sell it. But I would like to coordinate my sale with others over maybe two or three days so we can push the stock price down. Maybe we can set a week to do it.

If the antifad protest violently in the streets, we can protest legally with our hard-earned money.

21. Windy Day says:

The only person I saw at an instore Starbucks recently was some strange creature with half a head of blue hair and half a head of purple hair. I find coffee disgusting (smells good–tastes NASTY), so there was no thought of getting in line behind her. Still kept my distance, though!

22. Billydunn says:

It makes an old man happy to see AMERICANS fighting back.
    In the previous 8 years i thought we were finished.
    I know now that will never happen without a helluva fight.
    Hit those SOBs where it hurts most,
    the pocketbook ! MAGA

• buzzybee says:

You mean I’m not the only senior who checks these threads? Super! So nice to know I am not alone. I can’t express how gratifying and encouraging it was to see ALL those people at the Trump rallies in various states. I, too, thought we were finished or close to it, so I can’t even explain the emotional roller coast I’ve been on since November.

• dbobway says:

A troll in Disqus declared me the Deplorable Geezer.

A fine compliment.

I feel like I’m 25 till I walk by that damn mirror.

I have never bought or even tasted Starbucks coffee. My Wife and daughters have taken up my slack.

They want their Trump and Starbucks too.

Speedway and my own cup .99 cents of delicious coffee. And they don’t sell honey buns in Starbucks either.

And then CTH on my dumb phone, Breakfast heaven.

23. Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

I really don’t want to imbibe anything to do with muslims! Starbucks or Chobani yogurt!

24. Frank says:

Politics aside, I’m surprised that Starbuck’s has held on for this long. Like so many have already said, their product offerings are terrible and the prices are exorbitant. It’s a pity the customers are too dense to stop sucking-down that foul slop, because I’m sure it’s giving them all kinds of metabolic diseases. But because they won’t stop, God blessed the Starbuck’s CEO with a particularly tone-deaf worldview which causes him to blurt-out repulsive stuff. He’s been at it for awhile now, but getting worse in recent years. Now he’s finally hurting the company, as his revolting commentary is enough to put the sugar junkies off their junk. Keep talking, stupid! You’re saving thousands of people from diabetes and fatty liver disease!

• Xango says:

But, but, but..Howie Schultz just said people are begging him to run for POTUS!!!! talk about terminally stupid…Oh, well, as my dear Dad used to say..You can’t make people smart!!!!

25. how are they doing on their muslim quotas?
    i’m willing to bet the attractive baristas are really looking forward to their new coworkers.

26. CaptainNonno says:

I wonder if Ivanka has thought about starting her own coffee line? That would be hysterical!

27. belle says:

I have never had a Starbucks coffee. Just never understood all the hoopla over it.

28. In AZ says:

The political cartoon says it all.

Brilliant.

29. Dr T says:

People who like Starbucks coffee have never had real coffee brewed from fresh beans in other parts of the world or even right here in small privately owned coffee shops. I loathe Starbucks for their poor quality but now even more so for their leftist anti America agenda. Just delighted with the news: Zero is a great rating for them.

30. Buzzybee says:

Ok, can someone enlighten me please? Is Chobani owned by Islamists who support Muslim Brotherhood, or is it simply Halal friendly or does the company simply hire refugees? I’ll boycott it, but unsure exactly why. I’ve stopped buying Campbell’s Soup because we discovered their Halal connections. I’ll boycott anything that supports Islam.

31. fakenoozisforfools says:

I admit to someone almost on a weekly basis that I believe Starbucks to be the most overrated brand currently being produced. Not the most overrated coffee brand. The most overrated brand of any product period. THEY MAKE HORRIBLE COFFEE. I bought it once within the first year after the brand appeared (I don’t even remember anymore when that was) and got a free cup when someone brewed a pot at work a few years later. Both cups tasted like the coffee was burnt. I’ve never been tempted to try a third and never will even at no charge. I hate everything this company stands for including the basic product.

32. wvcoalman says:

Starbucks, Target, NFL, ESPN, Et. Al. give a whole new meaning to “money talks and BS walks”. Looks like isolating half of you customer base with PC Pro-regressive BS “talks” has caused the money to walk. 😉

33. Phil aka Felipe says:

It’s been a Leftist outfit from the get-go.

The only time I patronize the place is when someone has given me a gift card and even then it is with reluctance I go there.

34. jbrickley says:

Just before the next Starbucks board meeting.

35. andyocoregon says:

Just for fun one day I went through the drive-up lane at the local Starbucks and ordered an Americano coffee ($1.95) and asked at the order kiosk how much it would cost to fill my own coffee mug and was told it would save me 20 cents. When I pulled up to the pick-up window, I presented my 32 ounce insulated travel mug. The manager was called to the window and she told the clerk since I was promised that price, they’d have to honor it.
    I drove around the block and poured the coffee on the ground. I can’t stand Starbucks coffee.

36. cking6178 says:

“Credit Suisse is a stock rating entity which generates a sliding scale for future stock valuations based on evaluations of brand sentiment. The scale runs from -100 to +100 with zero as a “hold” or “take no position” recommendation.”

Sorry Sundance – but that is actually a mis-characterization of Credit Suisse, what they do and how they rate. As someone that works in Investor Relations and is covered by Credit Suisse – (I work for a tech company, not SBUX) – I can say with 100% confidence that CS does not use any type of sliding scale. Like all sell-side firms they issue ratings (with some variation in actual names used) that range from Sell, Hold, and Buy (CS actually uses Underperform (Sell), Neutral (Hold), and Outperform (Buy).

The sliding scale you speak of “Net Sentiment”, is actually provided by NetBase (which is a social media analytics platform) – as they state in their research note. They also point out that it’s just one data point, but that it gives them pause as to whether or not they’ll be able to meet their guidance projections.

It’s not clear in the CNBC article that this is the case (hard to believe the media would be less than forthright, I know! LoL)…but I have access to CS research and the below comes directly from the CS note:

“Online Sentiment Data Suggests Mid-Qtr. Sales
    Setback, Maintain Neutral
    ■ Proprietary net sentiment analysis: We have analyzed online “net
    sentiment” data (positive vs. negative online mentions) provided by NetBase
    to gauge changes in Starbucks’ brand perception. This follows recent media
    reports that SBUX’s decision to hire 10,000 refugees over the next five years
    could have upset some customers, perhaps negatively impacting sales
    trends. Our work shows a sudden drop in brand sentiment following
    announcement of the refugee hiring initiative on Jan. 29th, to flattish from a
    run-rate of ~+80 (on an index of -100 to +100). Net sentiment has since
    recovered, but has seen significant volatility in recent weeks. While this is
    only one data point, the analysis leaves us incrementally cautious on SBUX’s
    ability to meet consensus US SSS forecasts, which call for SSS to accelerate
    from +3% in F1Q17 (Dec. qtr.) to ~+3.5% in F2Q and ~+5.5% in 2H17.”

Thanks for all your hard work and research and don’t take this comment to be dismissive of your work. As a fellow researcher, I figure you’ll appreciate an opportunity to clear up any misconceptions.

37. Pingback: Starbucks Takes Hard Left; Market Responds | The Federalist Papers

38. CountryclassVulgarian says:

When are these azzhats going to learn that people who vote for President Trump are people who actually work and buy stuff???? Geez.

39. jameswlee2014 says:

This genius is employing the same ‘insult the citizens’ gambit that served Hillary Clinton so well.

40. bob says:

WE have all the money folks! Boycott – buycott. Boycott the evil UnAmerican brands and support brands that support America and real conservative values. #neverstarbucks, #nevertarget, #nevermacys, #neverespn, #nevernfl, #alwayschicfila, #alwaysllbean, #alwaystrumpwiner, #alwaysblackrifelcoffee, #alwaysivankafashion.

Conservative voters really do have all the money. Unemployed 20 something libs living in their parents basements cannot compete with us. Punish the bad corporations and reward the good. And never relent. They must be driven into the ground and out of business.

41. $ave your money says:

Starbucks Boycott
    extra large ice coffee at Starbucks
    $4.00 a day
    $28.00 a week
    $56.00 bi-weekly (means two things at Starbucks)
    $120.00 monthly