Thursday January 19th – Open Thread

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

177 Responses to Thursday January 19th – Open Thread

1. fuzzi says:

Open thread…here’s a site that was recommended to me, thought I’d share it with my fellow Treepers:

2. Sentient says:

Looks like Obama may have set another trap for Trump. On Jan 9th, HUD released a memo (ML 17-01) to lenders announcing a reduction in monthly mortgage insurance on FHA loans (effective for loans disbursing on or after Jan 24th, 2017). Loan officers quickly touted that change to real estate agents. Supposedly the incoming Trump administration is considering reversing or delaying that change. http://www.housingwire.com/articles/38987-sources-trump-plans-repeal-of-fha-mortgage-insurance-premium-cut Delaying a decrease in the cost of FHA mortgage insurance may sound reasonable or warranted, but it will be spun as “Trump raises cost of FHA mortgage insurance”. On a $200,000 home purchase with 3.5% down payment, the recently announced reduction in monthly mortgage insurance would cut the cost of monthly mortgage insurance from $137 to $97. The $3,377 that HUD collects upfront (on a $200,000 purchase) remains unchanged.

Trump should leave the recently-announced reduction in FHA mortgage insurance in place rather than be painted as the evil guy who raised FHA mortgage insurance. In the unlikely event that the new FHA mortgage insurance structure is insufficient for the risk, Trump could have FHA tighten up the underwriting criteria programmed into FHA’s “automated underwriting” system.

3. Lucille says:

“Moderate Muslims Are Not the Solution to Radical Islam”
    Political Islam – Dr. Bill Warner

4. BakoCarl says:

Little Rustic Chapel

The little rustic chapel, away in the woods
    Thought quietly, pensively during the day
    “It’s been quite some time, I’ve not seen many people
    Come inside with their friends to worship or pray.”

I know I’m not near, tucked away by my stream,
    And people are busied by life’s bustle and fray,
    But I’d think with the path that life’s on right now,
    That quite a few people would find comfort and stay.

The One I serve is needed more now than ever.
    Truth and right decay while the people dismay.
    And as time goes on, going from bad to worse,
    Instead of changing paths, more people go astray.

My Master is patient, but won’t wait forever;
    The wicked of this world will soon earn their pay.
    But there are others who need to make a choice;
    Life or death, blessings or curses: choose life today.

I’ve got a little fire in my potbelly stove,
    So take off your coat, you’ll be warm today.
    And if you’re set upon by the worries of life,
    Please come right in, your worries will allay.

There’s little I can do, sitting here on my pad
    To get people’s attention. They won’t hear me say
    That they need the One I was built to serve,
    The only One that men must trust and obey.

I must have hope that those who know I’m here
    Will come themselves and bring others my way.
    My door’s not locked, and my pews are all ready,
    So come in now, take a seat, worship and pray.

5. duchess says:

Praying for PE Trump, his family and all citizens as we witness the transfer of power in our country:

PSALM 138:7-8
    7 Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out Your hand, and the power of Your right hand saves me.
    8 The Lord will work out His plans for my life—for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for You made me.

6. Howie says:

Trump should dump all the GOP health plans and open the Federal Employee Health Plans to all citizens. Allow anyone to join it and get any plan in it.

7. BigMamaTEA says:

****Niece of Romney to head RNC.****

8. Lucille says:

Looks like the next step will be to disband any plans to ever stage the opera again…dhimmi dummies….

DUTCH NATIONAL OPERA ISSUES APOLOGETIC FOREWORD ON ISLAM BEFORE STAGING MOZART OPERA
    By Timon Dias – Posted on January 19, 2017

9. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence as they seek to lead America back to You.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

10. M. Mueller says:

Eighteen months. I’ve learned that the words, “God is in charge” aren’t just words but reality. We’ve all watched as, time after time, attacks have just bounced off candidate Trump. He defeated all the “powers that be.” The only explanation I have for that is God; I have learned to pray more and spend less time listening to all the “authorities.” In saying this, I am in no way diminishing all the efforts of President Trump and all the people working for this to happen.

The other thing – is while I’m giddy with happiness over having Trump actually become President, there is a little sense of loss in there with it. I’ve been trying to pin it down and decided it is because after tomorrow he will belong to the whole world, and not just to me and you. He will no longer need my church money to help him through a tough time, or the letters to everyone I know about how important it is to get him elected. He won’t need any of the little stuff, like leaving copies of his speeches in offices and forwarding memes and videos.

I know he will need help with Congress, but yelling at Congress people is just not the same. I think it’s kind of like a kid after Christmas thinking, “what do I do the day after tomorrow.” For the last 18 months, getting a President Trump has been my sole goal. Or, maybe, just watching all the wonderful things that will happen with him as president is a goal in itself.

Maybe I just don’t know how to take all this happiness, as I’ve had tears trying to get out all day while watching him get off the plane, the wreath ceremony, and the concert speech. It’s a lot of joy to handle after 18 months of hoping and fighting, living and breathing, for tomorrow’s ceremony.

May God protect and advise our 45th President!