January 12th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Open Discussion

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Trump/Pence presidential victory.

trump-pence-banner-2

Transition Website HERE

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,138 Responses to January 12th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Open Discussion

1. keebler AC says:

• Patriot1783 says:

Thank you for posting keebler.

• The Marine’s entire letter is at the link posted by keebler (above), but thought I’d post a snipet:

“Mr. President

“For the first time, I can say that I am proud of my country”. No, these aren’t my words, they are the words of your wife when you took office in 2009. This set the tone for the kind of President you’d be and the kind of legacy you left behind.

“Your speech to your adoring fans screaming “Fore more years!” makes for a good sound bite and video clip, but it doesn’t paint the picture of the tens of millions of regular Americans that voted you twice and gotten stabbed in the back for it.

“You stood in front of hundreds of veterans and promised that their lives would be better after you took office, that they would get the care that their country owed them. Eight years later, the VA is more broken than ever and my brothers and sisters in arms are committing suicide at an all time high. You ignored the advice of wartime Generals and pulled troops out of an unstable country and gave rise to ISIS, the evilest group of people on the planet. This is your legacy.”

Read the rest of the SCATHING letter here. http://www.yesimright.com/this-marines-epic-response-to-barack-obamas-farewell-speech-will-wake-america/

2. Ron says:

Did anybody watch the last little bit of Sessions’ hearing , on day 1 when he got a little fiery with the idiot democrats? One guy kept giving him crap because he took an award from somebody the guy didn’t agree with, and then asked Sessions if he’d accept an award from the KKK.

Sessions replied “Well, I’ll tell you one thing, I won’t be accepting an award from Henry Hays”

(Hays is the man Sessions had executed)

3. Just when I thought it couldn’t get crazier…

I’m not someone who is politically active, I like to observe and learn at a distance, but in 2008 I actually drove to freaking Reno NV in 2008 the weekend of the election to canvass for McCain. Sarah Palin actually spoke at the local area. That was the highlight of an otherwise depressing experience. The point being, I knew how much Obummer was going to suck, and as much as McCain sucked, he sucked considerably less. What an idiot old slimebag he turned out to be.

It’s amazing, though, that there are so many people so consumed by their hatred and demonization of DJT as well as so completely stupid that the they actually believed that what supposedly happened in the Moscow Ritz-Carlton was true, both those pushing the story and those on the receiving end.

• Agreed. Let me put a silver lining to your last paragraph. It may be good to know that people would believe such a thing nowadays BECAUSE very soon and even now the accounts of pedophilia and pedo sadism are coming to light. One reason it has taken so long to do so is the wicked have been “hiding under the cloak of absurdity,” the public would hear children’s accounts like this and immediately discount them because they, especially good people, could not believe such a practice is being done at all. And rightly so, as good people are not perverted in this way so how could they contemplate such sickness.

So, now we go forward with a more “believing” public who may now finally believe the accounts of the crimes and perverse acts being perpetrated upon children, activity such as described in the fake news about the Moscow Ritz Carlton. Of course the crimes and perverted acts being perpetrated on children are far worse but do include acts like that too.

Praying every day for the dam to break and this pedophilia and pedo sadism and child trafficking and child murder is exposed and eradicated from our government and all those that cover it up like the FBI and CIA and others who are profiting monetarily and otherwise from it. The more I read of the accounts of the parents of missing children who state how the FBI and also other officials hampered their investigation, specifically Johnny Gosh, the more I believe it is not an absurdity.

• NOTE: I understand the fake report of the Moscow Ritz-Carlton had nothing to do with children, so I just want to make that clear. I am referring to the act itself, adults doing this kind of thing to other adults, and that being for “pleasure.” There was a time in my life many years ago, I wouldn’t even have believed such a thing is even done. Of course now, with the information age, I know it is and done a lot.

• Bob Kalle says:

Moni, I always like your posts and I agree with them. I think that God sent Trump and is giving him the strength to deal with all this evil and wickedness. I hate evil, but even more when it is perpetrated on children.

• SteveInCO says:

I can’t imagine wanting to be “showered” on, or to do it either with someone I like enough to take to bed. A lot of other acts fall into this category too. But at least that’s all consenting adult stuff.

If the “shower” story were true (it is NOT, but for the sake of argument…) I’d still take that person over a practicing pedophile as far as character goes.

(Side note: I’ve got to figure out why WordPress seems to think I need to spell like an Englishman; it wanted “practising paedophile” there.)

4. President Trump needs to start planning for a NORTHERN Border wall. Canada has just appointed a Somalian Muslim refugee as head of Immigration!

• Ron says:

And Who…. WHOOOOOOO ‘s gonna pay for it?????!!!!????

CANNNNAAADDDAAAAAA!!!!!!!

• Bl says:

I just can’t read about these things, too depressing. I will start paying more attention once Canadians start to fight back, but I’m not sure if that will happen. It looks like their cancer is more advanced than ours.

5. andi lee says:

Did McCain declare war on Russia?

6. LL Bean under fire/being boycotted because 1 of 50 co-owners contributed to Trump PAC. The company has come out and said it was 1 of 50 and as a company, they do not endorse political candidates, take positions on political matters, or make political contributions but the left seems to have targeted them:

7. Chris in Australia says:

We all agreed here last night that a lie will travel all around the world before the truth gets its boots on.
    I watched Channel 7 again, here in Brisbane, Australia, hoping they may broadcast a retraction for the fake news they broadcast last night, re, the CNN, Buzzfeed scandal.
    But no, they just doubled down on the story !
    The most disturbing thing they had on tonight was, while talking about the sex part of the story in a Russian Hotel, They had a picture of Melania on the TV screen ! I guess it was an old file photo, taken back in her modeling days.
    I was really disgusted that, here in Australia, they would treat your soon to be First Lady that way.
    Worse than CNN ?? I think so.
    Here are a few of us here in Australia that have great respect for Americans, and have never forgotten how you saved us all from the Japanese in WW2.

8. keebler AC says:

Obama’s Final State of the Union Was His Least-Watched

9. angryduc says:

After watching the Senate hearing yesterday on Tillerson what became readily apparent from the majority of the Senate is they believe … (even Tom Cotton) that they have the moral authority to conquer more countries than Adolph Hitler himself. My last check was we were militarily involved and held presence in roughly 70 countries or more.

When did they ask the average American if they supported conquering the continent of Africa? The neocons represent a more prolific threat to the world than any regime in the history of the world post flood.

Sanity will return with Donald Trump or the world will be justified in launching their Nuclear attack on our nation. It is our job to prevent that. The Rubio’s and Cotton’s have to be slapped in the balls with a generation stunting stroke. McCain should be made the sacrificial example.

• pochas94 says:

Tillerson is brilliant, as are many Texans. But I see a man with a big Stetson, a .45 in his gunbelt, a shotgun behind the seat, out checking the fence.

• angryduc says:

Hopefully he electrifies that fence but you are foolish to underestimate Texans (if that is what you suggest). I lived there for many years and the economy is awesome. Most of what Trump is doing was first presented by a Texan named Ross Perot. Another great American.

• Dragon says:

Exactly.

• That is {{chilling}} to know that Washington thinks they have the moral authority to conquer more countries than Adolph Hitler, being militarily involved and holding presence in roughly 70 countries or more. Most of which without the people’s approval!

There are two Americas: Washington DC vs The People. And they are not the same! Trump is changing that.

So odd that the liberals, as they are called, are so pro warmongering then hold up the peace sign while doing so. Everything backwards. Accomplished by mind programming through radio and TV and their special marketing of war “Shock ‘n Awe” catchy titles for murder.

• Bob Kalle says:

Just a thought, there are three sections to the democrats, the moderates who agree with us most of the time, the liberals that want to play God and the progressives that want to take over the world as globalists. It all makes sense to me. And the globalists want war between us and Russia since we both need to be conquered for the progressives to take over the world.

• SteveInCO says:

This is very likely to be a “realignment” where those Democrats who mostly agree with us bolt, and (hopefully) our globalist/statist republicans go over to the other side.

• Deb says:

A lot of “moderates” retired during the Obama years, especially the ones from red states. The ones that are left are marginalized from party leadership positions whenever they speak out too loudly. See Tulsi Gabbard. Much like how the Republicans have been busy purging Patriots and common sense conservatives. See Michelle Bachman. The Globalists have taken over the leadership of both parties, that is until Trump came along. Now he has the monumental task of draining the swamp, keep praying for him and our nation.

• I think Trump needs to use military force once or twice, maybe against ISSIS or North Korea then the fear of Trump will do more than Obamas bombs have done, and more force will not be necessary.

• aur1640 says:

Moni, I remember when Dumbo ears used the environmentalist term “sustainable” in regard to the use of our military in the Middle East recently. This means to me, “We will continue to sacrifice our sons and daughters to destabilize the region so terrorists can be armed covertly by the CIA so Americans can be flooded by Muslims and subjected to a caliphate at a later time. This is my legacy for you because all you all are too unsophisticated to understand what true progressivism is and I don’t give a damn what you think”

10. Matt from Olympia says:

Mad Dog Mattis has reportedly cancelled his appearance before the house committee tomorrow afternoon (while still planning to appear before the senate committee in the morning). No explanation offered. Does anyone know what’s up?

11. keebler AC says:

• Atomic Betty says:

Of course not, they would have sat on it longer.

• JohnP says:

The undeniable truth – If Russia really was the source of the Wikileaks, they would have kept the information quiet and blackmailed the living snot out of President Hillary and the DNC.

• farmhand1927 says:

I have a feeling that Russia sits on a load abt Hillary, Obama, too. Maybe that’s why Hillary went from Madame Reset Button to seeming to want war with Russia and why Obama with days to go in his job, moves tanks to the Russian border. Whatever flexibility he promised to Medved and Putin must have gone sour. Somebody in Russia knows a lot abt both Clinton and Obama. That’s why they are trying to divert onto Trump and make the news abt him.

Look, Iran has every bit as horrible human rights record as Russia, yet Obama lifted their sanctions and gave them pretty much what they wanted. Iran likely has the goods on Clinton/Obama, too, and made it clear they get what they want or else they blow the whistle. Obama had to wait till he was far into his second term to cut the deal, once Repub’s promised not to impeach.

• RP says:

Look no further than George Soros. He runs Obama and Hillary, the media and dozens of NGOs and non-profs sewing seeds of discord, chaos and violence.

Trump IMO will have him hunted down to stand trial and locked up or executed.

• LKA in LA says:

This is ridiculous. He actually thinks Hillary cares about him? Lol.

• NoeliCannoli says:

Hillary would have sat on it and suffocated it.

12. keebler AC says:

13. keebler AC says:

14. keebler AC says:

15. keebler AC says:

16. keebler AC says:

• Reality Wins says:

“The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop.” – George Washington 1796

Great minds think alike.

17. citizen817 says:

• Harry Lime says:

This is a good one! I think it’s always a good idea to watch these inspirational videos especially when they’re throwing every dirty trick in the book at Donald trump and his supporters (us). Watch, take a deep breath, and take satisfaction in the knowledge that Trump (we) won!!!

• An American says:

IMO, too much military hype I n this video and at the end no mention of “Make America Wealthy Again”. Jobs, the economy and the people invasion should be the real message for we can’t MAGA without these 3 basic elements.

18. Dora says:

End diplomatic immunity! Better yet – Get the UN out of the US and the US out of the UN!

…..

SUDANESE MUSLIM Diplomat busted for groping a woman in NYC subway, goes free

It’s called ‘Diplomatic Immunity’ and it allows top foreign diplomats who may also be perverts, rapists, or common criminals to commit virtually any kind of crime and avoid prosecution. Yet another reason for kicking the United Nations out of New York City.

• JohnP says:

The police cannot bring charges but he can still be expelled and diplomatic immunity does not protect him from civil suits. International law provides ample recourse when dealing members of the UN, unfortunately most presidents have refused to take advantage of them.

Example – The city of New York has over $21 million dollars in unpaid parking tickets due to UN diplomats. In the Hague they impound the cars and sell them to cover the fines. (Just a little suggestion that Trump could make happen for his home town.)

19. Michael says:

The Tillerson nomination is not looking great thanks to neocon warmongers like Marcobot.

20. Dora says:

Yes He Is!

Trump is going to be the breath of fresh air we all need

21. Dora says:

Hubby is watching Fox & Friends in the next room. The democrats apparently have a plan. They are going to use the environment to stop the wall from being built.

I hate democrats. Absolutely hate them!

22. fedback says:

Incredibly the new British ambassador to the EU, the person who is supposed to lead the brexit negotiations for the UK has close connections to the dirty former MI6 spy who created the pile of garbage. They shared an office in Moscow and worked together for three years in the 90’s according to Daily Mail

• decisiontime16 says:

The Prime Minister has no clarity or vision for a Brexit plan, Nigel Farage has said.

Speaking to ITV News Political Correspondent Libby Wiener, the former Ukip leader said Theresa May was also missing the opportunity to do business with the world outside of Europe.

He said: “The important point is, does Theresa May have a vision? That’s the thing that I’m looking for. I don’t see it. I don’t see her with a very clear objective as to what she wants to get from these renegotiations.

“I noticed yesterday, and again with the follow up today, almost no mention of the rest of the world – of the amazing opportunities that, I think, the UK has with Brexit. At the minute, there isn’t just a lack of clarity, there’s a lack of vision too.”

23. Dora says:

I think this is a fair warning, even if it is from O’Reilly.

24. Patriot1783 says:

Rudy was just in Fox, caught the tail end of segment but he is going to head cyber security area for PE Trump?

• deborah foster says:

I watched this interview last night. The interview made me very queasy that something ominous was in the wind. I hope my spidey sense is wrong, but this really set off my alarm bells.

• distracted2 says:

It was disconcerting that the professor would not look at the camera. He looked downward for much of the interview.

That said, it’s easy to forget, as I sit in my warm and cozy home, that our President is putting himself in danger on behalf of this nation every single day. He is fearless. I got the same impression from watching Rex Tillerson yesterday. They are made of the same cloth. And I thank God for that because they, along with Pence, and Trump’s closest advisors will be taking on a very dangerous world.

• i'm just sayin'.. says:

the subterfuge is bubbling to the surface as dark forces are in panic mode; McCain passing fake “dossier” to FBI in feigned naivete, McCain / Graham evil Russia drumbeat, Rubio, in full agitated flop sweat, questioning Tillerson, CNN promoting fake news (“dossier” was presented to PET, Michael Brown in Prague), Clapper covering tracks etc. etc
        SD’s white hat / black hat imagery up to now mostly playing out behind the scenes seems to be breaking out in a broad daylight shootout at the OK Coral.

25. NHVoter says:

I just realized that Fauxcohontas is on the Senate committee that will be questioning HUD nominee Ben Carson today. Ugh.

26. NHVoter says:

This is particularly rich coming from Hanoi Jane.

• That’s funny 😀 She condemns people as “misogynistic” when she herself takes on her husband’s last name LOL!. In Italy, the women keep their own surnames and do not combine them nor take on their husband’s name. For example if you are Maria Sandrini and you marry Fabio Fratelli, you do not become Maria Sandrini Fratelli, you stay as Maria Sandrini forever that’s even on all documents legally and otherwise. No need to add nor change your name after you marry in Italy. Only the children take on the father’s name.

I don’t care either way, however, can’t help but notice the hypocrisy of Jane Fonda’s condemnation. Another Hollyweird elite foolio.

• LOOOOOOOOOOL! We can be sure Hollyweird is GERASCOPHOBIA (FEAR OF GETTING OLD). They sure love to dish out the phobia condemnations, even if they have to make up words to do so, example “homophobic” actually literally means “fear of man,” but they make it to mean “fear of homosexuals, and when doing so are thereby referring to homosexuals as “homos.” Isn’t that the same as using the word “faggots?” YESSSS!

Fear of Getting Old Phobia – Gerascophobia. The word Gerascophobia is derived from Greek ‘tha geraso’ which is a phrase that means ‘I am getting old’ and phobos meaning dread or deep fear. To an extent, most of us are afraid of growing old.

• Luck is not all says:

I am not Italian but I carry my father’s name always. I decided when I got married that my father sacrificed so much for me to get my degree that I was going to carry his name for ever. My husband always called me by my maiden name when referring to me professionally. It brought me all sort of problems here in America, still does with my insurances, etc but it was worth it.

• Pulling the tail of Hanoi Jane.

Playing with Peppino 🙂 is always fun!

• frank says:

Is she still alive ?

27. India Maria says:

Rex Tillerson is brilliant. The politicians are posturing. Our next SecState will be nicknamed T.REX.

28. NHVoter says:

I can’t stand her. Good riddance.

29. NHVoter says:

30. Dora says:

31. NHVoter says:

32. JohnP says:

Now the fun begins…..
    Senate Takes First Step To Repeal Obamacare With 51-48 Vote

• Kathy says:

While my family is not covered by Obamacare, I do have empathy for anyone feeling uneasy about the next medical insurance upheaval. The 2010 ACA legislation was a failed experiment, and may be the most massive/complex legislation that has ever had to be re-engineered in reverse.

I’m guessing we probably won’t hear many/any specifics about a replacement plan for a couple weeks. In the meantime, though, I’d like to ask if any Treepers have heard whether the Republicans intend to roll out their replacement plan gradually or all at once.

I ask this because, back in 2010, I didn’t invest as much time educating myself about Obamacare as I would have if it was going to affect my family. But I clearly remember being disappointed that the legislation wasn’t rolled out gradually — maybe as a “pilot” in a handful of States — to allow unforeseen glitches to be unearthed and the legislation tweaked before dropping it on all the States. I’m a simple person living a simple life; but even I have enough instincts to NEVER serve a new recipe dish for the first time at a major family celebration — always do a test to protect my reputation (ha-ha)!

Of course, I now fully understand why a gradual Obamacare rollout was not possible in 2010. And I’ll stop with that so as to not to revisit that awful era of conflict! But what about the current reverse journey toward dismantling Obamacare? I know many Americans want it gone ASAP, but might there be any benefits if the pace was slowed down just a little or in stages? Any thoughts?

Thank you!

33. CheeseHead says:

Seems we have to show the three GOP senate stooges who’s boss AGAIN just two months after the election. Flood their phone lines….
    Lindsey Graham (202) 224-5972
    Marco Rubio (202) 224-3041
    John McCain (202) 224-2235

34. NHVoter says:

(Salty language alert)

Ha!

35. NHVoter says:

What a surprise./sarc

36. NJF says:

Great article, and hopefully it represents the majority of Trump voters.

In Iowa, Trump Voters Are Unfazed by Controversies – NYTimes.com

Notable example.

Al Ameling, 58, a technical analyst who lives in Marble Rock, near the Minnesota border, is representative of the profound demographic shift among white rural voters in the northern Midwest that helped produce Mr. Trump’s stunning upset. Mr. Ameling voted for Mr. Obama in 2008, sat out in 2012 and enthusiastically backed Mr. Trump. Nothing he has heard since Election Day has shaken his support, including reports this week that American intelligence agencies are investigating unverified accounts of meetings between Trump aides and Russian officials, as well as sex tapes purportedly made of Mr. Trump in Moscow. On Wednesday, Mr. Trump called the allegations completely false.

“The way it is nowadays, unless I see positive proof, it’s all a lie,” Mr. Ameling said in a telephone interview on Wednesday. He added he was more concerned that government officials might have leaked the material to the news media. “I don’t know if it was classified, but if it was, whoever leaked it needs to go to jail,” he said. “We need law and order back in this country.”

• The real controversy is the elite’s pedophilia and child trafficking, skin color obsession and racism, murder, endless wars, treachery and everything else they themselves are guilty of and project onto Trump. As for HOLLYWEIRD which I include the MEDIA, endless crimes perpetuated on screen which are really nothing more than commercials and mind programming for the behavior, philosophy, and brainwashing of all of the above. How much do I hate Hollyweird and TeLIEvison? O let me count the ways.

• SteveInCO says:

I’m waiting for indictments to be handed down.

This is real, but it still isn’t real to a majority of Americans, thanks to media stonewalling. The indictments will make it real to them and at the point Hell will have no fury like the enraged American public.

37. NHVoter says:

38. Dora says:

39. NHVoter says:

• ❤ Trump ❤

Love the media’s new label. Once Trump settles on a nickname it sticks because it’s TRUE. They are fake news. LOL! So funny they tried to tag citizen journalists with this term; and O so DELIZIOSO delicious it is watching it boomerang back to THEM and STICK.

FAKE NEWS LOOOOOOOOOL!

More poo on a shoe they will not be able to shake off.

• NJF says:

True, but perhaps more importantly I love how he “flips the script” back on them.

• Ron says:

Yes, and he STOLE it from them! They tried it on him, he said ‘sounds nice’ , stole it, and is destroying them with it.

It’s like they brought a sledgehammer to the fight, weren’t strong enough to wield it, Trump picked it up from the battlefield and started swinging it with authority!

40. NHVoter says:

41. NHVoter says:

On Fox and Friends Manchin said that he’ll be voting to confirm Sessions as AG.

42. duchess01 says:

Jan 12, 7:46 AM EST

LE PEN’S WORLD: FRENCH NATIONALISM AT HEART OF CAMPAIGN
    BY ELAINE GANLEY
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

43. Martin says:

44. NHVoter says:

Amen. I love LL Bean.

• Lisa Reynolds says:

I hope L.L. is ready for this!

Pssst: You better hire more people . . . . YESTERDAY!!!

• Educated Citizen says:

Did some shopping there last weekend. Did not know about this. In future I will go to LL Bean every time I am think of making a trip to REI.

• rsanchez1990 says:

Good enough for me. Yes, Mr. President, I will buy LL Bean!

• BakoCarl says:

CNN Breaking News: This is it! It’s the SMOKING GUN! PE Trump is using the influence of his current and future gov’t position to directly benefit a private company. All connections from PE Trump to Linda Bean must be determined and analyzed and any person that voted for PE Trump and has purchased (or intends to purchase) L.L. Bean merchandise must be detained and investigated!

CNN UPDATE: Just in. President-for-life Obama has condemned the Tweet by PE Trump and issued the following statement: “I never buy from L.L. Bean. I find their clothing line entirely incompatible with good fashion sense. I will continue to buy all my personal clothing from Victoria’s Secret.”

• JohnP says:

“According to The Times, Fusion GPS was hired to research Trump in Sept. 2015 by a wealthy GOP donor who was vehemently opposed to the real estate billionaire.
      But after Trump emerged as the GOP nominee, the unidentified Republican donor dropped the project. But Democrats who support Hillary Clinton had an interest in the information, according to The Times.”

Now we know why Mr. Steele is in hiding, he doesn’t want to end up on the Clinton body count list. Any guesses as to who wrote the checks to Fusion GPS?