January 2nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Open Discussion

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Trump/Pence presidential victory.

trump-pence-banner-2

Transition Website HERE

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

589 Responses to January 2nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Open Discussion

1. NJF says:

Oh yea I like it.

Kicking Money Out of Politics: Trump Boots Koch Brother from Golf Course – Breitbart

President-elect Donald Trump told a critical biographer and guest of billionaire David Koch to leave his West Palm Beach golf course on New Year’s Eve, forcing Koch to leave with him.
    Trump’s gesture was another slight against the pro-amnesty, pro-“free trade” billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, who opposed Trump during the Republican primary season and refused to help him during the general election. It also signals Trump will not necessarily play nice with the GOP political establishment and Beltway right.

2. citizen817 says:

• Sherlock says:

The CNN book will be trash, no doubt. I wish the campaign people would put out their own book, aimed squarely at Trump supporters, and sell it for enough to start the next campaign. As a must, include also a DVD of all the great rally highlights, debate highlights, speeches, etc. I would gladly pay a bunch for such an item. There was never a campaign or election like this one in my lifetime. I do not want its record to be created by the left–our side needs to do it. We won, we write the history. Screw CNN.

• Anton says:

You’re right. The PR stuff put out when Bill Clinton won and then when the man called Obama won was absolute malarkey; the NYT actually sold Obama souvenirs. And all of their gushing stories were fiction. Obama is a pathological liar.

Let;s get a true story about a real person who actually did accomplish something amazing, despite the sabotage engaged in by the Press and the political class, not to mention the so called entertainment industry.

• Sherlock says:

Huge market for such a thing. Trump supporters would love it! At least this one would.

• Roger Stone is putting out a book very shortly about the election obviously it’s going to be” Dynamite “since he is a close friend of Trump and worked all the way through not officially but has worked on that campaign all the way through

Alex Jones thinks it’s going to be a blockbuster and already ordered 10000 copies.

• velvetfoot says:

I looked for that tweet about the CNN in DJT’s twitter feed, and I couldn’t find it. Deleted?

3. citizen817 says:

4. SteveInCO says:

17 days, 19 hours, 46 minutes left.

Not that I’m counting, mind you.

5. burnett044 says:

interesting…do not know if true but we will see perhaps if Assange is truly alive or not..

6. Lucille says:

FYI:

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton will appear on “Fox and Friends” on the Fox News Channel in the 7 am ET hour tomorrow, Tuesday, January 3, 2017, to discuss Valerie Jarrett’s recent congratulations to Obama for a scandal-free presidency.
    Sincerely,
    The Judicial Watch Team

**All media appearances are subject to change without notice. Check local listings for show times in your area.

7. Pam says:

816033198283034624

8. Piper says:

May the God who reveals deep and hidden mysteries pour out His Spirit of revelation upon you. That your fear of the Lord properly manifests in awe, as you search His concealed glory as a member of a royal priesthood. May your territory be enlarged as you recognize the God who holds all things together directs the steps of those who acknowledge Him in all their ways.

9. dmi60ex says:

Kind of Off topic

I was just reading where the Ambassador Craig Murray said he was given the Wickileaks emails in a park near American University on Massachusetts Avenue NW DC . the DNC staffer Seth Rich was kiiled in the Bloomingdale section of NW Dc . Wonder if Rich was using someplace for a drop off he was familiar with . ?

10. davecatbone says:

Anyone else nervous because Obama has ALL our aircraft carrier groups in port against protocol? https://henrithibodeau.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/confirmed-no-u-s-aircraft-carrier-groups-currently-at-sea/

• Piper says:

Dave- I’m as jumpy as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs- it’s the new normal. Plus side tho- it’s gotten me a LOT closer to GOD!

• jeans2nd says:

“Anyone else nervous because Obama has ALL our aircraft carrier groups in port against protocol?”

NOPE.

30 Dec 2016
      “…Fortunately, on October 14, 2016 sailors and a plethora of US Marines deployed to the Middle East and Western Pacific aboard the USS Makin Island, amphibious transport dock ship, USS Somerset, and amphibious dock landing ship, USS Comstock…”

“At least with the Marine Corps at ready in the region, there is an fully capable alternative…
      Plus, the Navy says if they need a carrier, they’ll snag one out of the shipyard.”

Do you doubt Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children? USMC

11. lawrencepaul1 says:

Absolutely. Without the horrendous we would not have had the magnificent.

12. dmi60ex says:

Also just read that the reward for info is 150,000 now . I have to believe that if it was a regular Washington Riff Raff that shot him , some other hood rat would have turned him in for 150, grand .

13. Pam says:

14. MVW says:

OMG, less than 3 weeks away from renaming Washington, D.C to Trump Town.

• Ken Lawson says:

I think Washington earned the right to have the national capital after him. But I would support changing the names of the surrounding states (Maryland and Virginia) to Trumpland and Trumpworld.

• Dixie says:

Could we rename North Carolina, Trump Redneck Territory?

And I would support putting T R U M P in ginormous letters on the white house.

15. Pam says:

16. burnett044 says:

and now for News we would love to see…..warning satire..

17. lawrencepaul1 says:

This guy was on the anti gun team when he was working for Emanuel. He has had a bit of a reality check.

Former Chicago Police Chief: ‘Black Lives Matter’ To Blame For Rise In Violent Crime

18. Michelle says:

The rockette who objected to performing at the inauguration said “On a national level, the optics of this alone normalize the atrocious remarks Mr. Trump has openly made towards women. The idea that if you simply ask their bosses or perhaps pay their bosses enough money, a line of beautiful women will oblige anyone in any way is exploitation.”

Isn’t that the definition of what she does for a living? Or does this woman usually screen all her audience members to make sure there are no offensive men or people in her audience?

• Michelle says:

Also I didn’t know that the “line of beautiful women” “obliged anyone in any way”. I thought they just danced.

• KBR says:

A rockette with rocks in her head. Or else one who is being paid to spout this nonsense.

• Sherlock says:

Maybe next a cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers will refuse to cheer, or perhaps refuse to do so when a white player scores.
        Speaking of the 49ers, they just fired their coach and CEO, I think. When does the traitorous quarterback get to pursue a full-time career as a street protester?

• J Miller says:

When will all Americans get a clue and turn off the NFL altogether instead of supporting an organization that is not interested in supporting America?

• More like it! Secondly, it’s her job! She will be let go later! Mark my word! There are more beautiful women to take her place!

• KBR says:

I am tired of people who are paid to perform putting politics into it: they should be fired on the spot.

If Rockettes don’t want men paying to have them dance, they should either give up dancing or give up being paid.
      Perhaps the Rockettes should decline money from all men, and also from any female representative of a man. No dough… Bye bye Rockettes.

As for sports people taking a knee it would be poetic justice if their knee gets “taken out” while playing such that they cannot ever kneel on it (or play) again.

• Sherlock says:

There’s one idiot in every crowd. The one in the Rockettes just outed herself.

• Howie says:

Why is she a Rockette then? Get her out.

• Wiggy says:

I read another story where it is just one or a few of the girls protesting. The Owner of the Rockettes said they are performing the the American people and that it was an honor to perform at any inauguration.

19. burnett044 says:

the new Rockette…

20. SteveInCO says:

17 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes.

Not that I’m counting, mind you.

21. jeans2nd says:

Hey Ohio Trump People, especially those who doubted whether we had Cuyahoga County OH –
    the Cleveland OH Mounted Police will be in the Trump Inaugural Campaign Parade. Winning!

As I told you all on Election Day – we North Coast Trump People even had Cuyahoga County OH. We got this. we hacked it, the correct, legal way. don’t tell anybody…

22. grainofsalt2 says:

Hmm… I just realized that Barbara Walters did not have her annual 10 Most Fascinating People of the Year for 2016 on ABC. DJT was listed in 2004, 2011 and 2015.

23. Martin says:

24. georgiafl says:

17D/17H/17M until Trump Time!

25. SteveInCO says:

17 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes.

Not that I’m counting, mind you.

26. Martin says:

27. Pam says:

28. Beverly says:

Friends, I think you will enjoy this wickedly funny piece by commenter/comedian Kurt Schlicter, Trump convert. He really takes the piss outta the Libs:

I have awful bronchitis, but this made me laugh out loud.

29. citizen817 says:

30. citizen817 says:

31. Howie says:

Now, I bet the discussions in the Michigan union halls and the Pennsylvania VFWs went something like this: “You know Mitch, with the economy so good and America so respected in the world, I was totally going to support Hillary continuing Obama’s work, but then I found out that Donna Brazile was feeding her CNN’s debate questions. Also, until Comey reminded me, I had totally forgotten Hillary was under FBI investigation for doing what would have gotten me sent to Leavenworth if I had done it when I was in the Navy. So, despite loving all the Democrat policies that have made my life a paradise, especially the idea of a law allowing grown men in dresses to loiter in my tween daughter’s restroom, I’m voting for Trump. Oh, also I’m a deplorable racist and hate science. Also, sexism

32. Pam says:

33. weavinplain says:

Does anyone know anything about this? Drudge placed halfway down the first column.

Nice timing – two weeks before the US inauguration. To which he has been invited ??

• Dixie says:

From the Yahoo link above:

The newspaper Haaretz said billionaire Ronald Lauder, a longtime friend of Netanyahu’s, was linked to the affair. Channel 10 TV has reported that Netanyahu’s oldest son, Yair, accepted free trips and other gifts from Australian billionaire James Packer.

In late September, Lauder was summoned by police for questioning “related to a certain investigation conducted by them and in which Mr. Lauder is not its subject matter,” said Helena Beilin, Lauder’s Israeli attorney. “After a short meeting, he was told that his presence is no longer required and that there shall be no further need for additional meetings.”

IMO, this is too much of a coincidence: (credit to by xyzlatin O/T on the Trump/North Korea thread)

“According to the minutes of the meeting, Susan Rice asked whether the Palestinian delegation could meet with a representative from Donald Trump’s team. She clarified that she could request intervention and could organize this by means of World Jewish Congress President Ronald Lauder. Saeb Erekat responded that he had already asked but that Lauder could not. He added: ‘We were told that they were still organizing the new administration, and that once they were done, they would officially meet with the Palestinian side.'”

Aside from the fact that Ronald Lauder’s name is brought up in both articles, which I think is a major coincidence, Susan Rice and John Kerry are both seditious snitches. Could they be using Lauder in this game of intrigue to work up something to make Netanyahu look bad? Not sure what it would accomplish but it is very suspicious.

• Dixie says:

and this from the same memri.org link above:

Finally, the report stated: “John Kerry and Susan Rice asked that the meetings be classified ‘Top Secret’ and that what went on in them not be leaked, in light of the sensitivity of the transition between the two U.S. administrations.”

• LBB says:

Just from listening here about past threads, I am expecting anyone surrounding or supporting DJT will be a target. That this is how the system tries to silence the majority , by dismantling the structure. Stories can have a shred of truth, or be completely made up. Trying to distinguish what is real is the time consuming part.

34. patrickhenrycensored says:

Something to ponder, Sundance:
    Given our position on the U N Security Council and our financial leverage (an estimated 22% of its budget}, might it be to our benefit to stay; and undo/prevent the globalists machinations ?

• Niagara Frontier says:

I know you asked Sundance but I’d like to toss out an answer for consideration. Yes, stay in the U.N. but vastly cut back on the infrastructure and organizational bloat. There is absolutely no need for a UN system with more than 51,000 employees, scores of sub departments and agencies, and thousands of subcontractors that accomplish very little.

Return it to a deliberative body with 193 national representatives with limited staff. They can meet quarterly or more often if necessary. They should have no permanent location, but must rotate the location of their meetings to points around the globe. It might do some of them well to leave the comforts of NYC and camp out in some of the hell holes they helped create.

35. psadie says:

Uh,oh. The House of Reps. votes TOMORROW for Speaker of the House. Call your Reps and DEMAND they vote NO on Ryan the Traitor.

36. NJF says:

I hope this gets the coverage it deserves.

37. lbmomblog says:

seeking ideas… I am planning a party…an inauguration viewing party 🙂 I have the fireworks, was thinking about “45 hats” hand made party hats with # 45 on them (painted red of course). Red Solo Cups with “Trump 45” written in black marker. Going to download soundtrack from the movie “Air Force One” and have it playing when guests arrive.
    Need a timeline for fireworks, not sure what time the Inauguration is on tv tube yet. Need to check that.
    Would love some of the top campaign and highlights up to Nov. 8th. – would like to put that on a pamphlet.
    Any ideas? on the cheaper side.
    Anyone have a quick run down of highlights, maybe a cheat sheet sort of item?

38. Dommy says:

Apropos of nothing….
    Fake News Report
    For no reason at all I just spent 90 seconds alternating between NPR and Bloomberg radio. Here is what I learned:

Since 2008 0bama’s been computer savvy… but Trump…
    Even some Republicans want to keep 0bamacare!…
    If Trump doesn’t…
    President 0bama…!!

Summary:
    0bama go-o-o-od! Trump baaa-a-a-d!
    beepbeepbeepbeepbeep!!!

Sigh. 90 wasted seconds I’ll never get back.

39. xyzlatin says:

I am extremely disappointed that the first piece of legislation the gop passes in 2017 is to do with defanging the independent ethics watchdog. Call me suspicious, but to me this is a giant up yours to the incoming President Trump (and his voters) who campaigned on “draining the swamp”. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-republicans-vote-to-defang-outside-ethics-panel/article/2610727

• Dommy says:

They did it there; they can do it here.

• lbmomblog says:

thanks Howie, but I kind of see this as US using India as a “test pilot” …I don’t see the average US family with internet. Sure some of us have it, but a lot of us don’t.. My parents don’t. My sister doesn’t. My neighbor across the street has a computer that she uses for Word, but no internet connections. Perhaps this could be a long time plan, but I just don’t see this coming anytime soon. I see them coming closer to stopping production of the dime…than I do forcing everyone to pay digitally. Especially given the CyberAttacks they are claiming. And, I still pay all my bills through the good old USA Postal Service. God Love em.