During a statement to the press on Wednesday, President-elect Donald Trump announced two more companies who have committed to repatriation of jobs for U.S. workers.

From his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, Mr. Trump said phone carrier Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back from overseas. “They have taken them from other countries, they are bringing them back to the United States”, Trump said.

Sprint confirmed the announcement on its website:

Today, Sprint (NYSE: S) announced a commitment to create or bring back to America 5,000 jobs. The company anticipates these jobs will support a variety of functions across the organization including its Customer Care and Sales teams.

Sprint will begin discussions immediately with its business partners, states and cities to determine the right locations in the U.S. to create these jobs. The company expects to fulfill this commitment by the end of its fiscal year 2017 and will provide additional details when they are available.

“We are excited to work with President-Elect Trump and his Administration to do our part to drive economic growth and create jobs in the U.S.,” said Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure. “We believe it is critical for business and government to partner together to create more job opportunities in the U.S. and ensure prosperity for all Americans.”  (link)

“Customer Care” is Sprint’s corporate code-speak for ‘that person you talk to when you call customer support’. [ie. India and Pakistan phone answering services hardest hit]

phone-lines-1

President-elect Trump also said another company, OneWeb, will hire an additional 3,000 U.S. workers which he called “very exciting.” OneWeb is a satellite network aimed at providing affordable internet access.

Discussing the deal Trump said it “was done through” SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son, a Japanese billionaire. The pair met in New York earlier this month, and announced together that SoftBank — which is Sprint’s largest shareholder and has invested in OneWeb — would invest $50 billion in the U.S. and planned to create 50,000 jobs.

trump-softbank

father-and-son-lion

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2016, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

232 Responses to Trump Announces Two More Companies Join “America First” Job’s Campaign – 8,000 New Jobs…

1. Sentient says:

How dare he involve himself in private enterprise !!! /sarc

• Who knows, maybe there will eventually be so many good-paying jobs that the snowflakes can move out of their parent’s basement.

• WSB says:

No need for 26 year olds teeting on their parents’ insurance plans.

Please!

• disaksen says:

And most of their parents would love to get rid of the snowflakes disrespectful whining, bellyaching and “you owe me” attitudes.

• Eric says:

Had a co-worker of mine talk about now how she will be able to afford a brand new car after running a junk car for 8 years. She is also a Bernie supporter. Hmm….

• repsort says:

These so-called “parents” created these snowflakes… From the womb to daycare to indoctrination via the K-12 public school system and beyond to the flooding gifts the entire life, as if cheap shiny Chinese shit would ease the guilt of not being a part of their child’s life… WTF kind of person did these “parents” think would be produced?

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

I doubt it. A lot of the parents are part of the problem. They raised them that way. These people did not become the way they are when they started college. They went to college with the entitlement mentality already ingrained.

• Robert says:

My daughter was definitely changed into a liberal with guilt over her “white privilege” during college. She went to a private elementary school and then to a rural high school. All of these liberal protected classes, safe spaces, identity politics, politically correct bs and gender confusion were learned in college when she was away from her family for 4 years. We weren’t like this. Her younger brother went to a 2 year tech school and voted Trump and is excited for his future.

• readygo137 says:

Not with their Black Live Matter Degree in Social Studies or Asian Art Studies? No skills no jobs, Sorry!

• They can start at the bottom in the call center or the warehouse, learn some work ethic and raise up from there. If they fail at that, they can go pick fruits and vegetables until they learn to appreciate an indoor job. That’s how it used to be done.

• readygo137 says:

ONE problem and that is WORK Ethic. They have none because the “Parents” made they do nothing. Results like this come from Participation Trophies and Blue Ribbons. Now for those snowflakes buttercups who have a WORK ETHIC and some skills YOU can make it BIG TIME because you do not have much competition. Go For IT.

• pick fruits and vegetables….one of my many jobs putting myself through college….packing apples at the local orchard…..

• Educated Citizen says:

Majority of the degrees being offered in universities are feel good degrees that will never get you a job anywhere in the world. The parents who agree and pay for these degrees are part of the problem. The university is selling what the buyer wants.

• E C says:

I honestly believe the ones making the most noise don’t want things to get better. But for those who want a better way, dust off those resumes and do what you need to do to be ready to work.

• KBR says:

As for those making the most noise:

Any able bodied person who receives welfare should at least have to get off their behinds and go stand in line to get that check. It should be handed out piecemeal day by day. Maybe standing in a line long hours everyday would be less attractive than sitting on the sofa or staying in bed or blowing smoke, and thus might lead to more willingness to go to work.

“Hidden welfare lines” are a problem because the rest of the US cannot see how many there are, and there is no shame because there is no public view of these people.

Note that I said “able bodied.”

Why don’t able bodied welfare recipients have to do some valuable work to get a check?
          Ditches need digging, fruit needs picking, floors need mopping, trash needs picking up off our streets and in our parks…there are many jobs they could do to earn their welfare checks with children in tow larger children helping when not in school. Schools don’t stay open 24 hours a day.

I know this comment will get negative responses. But my grandma had a huge garden and taught us as little kids: if you won’t work you won’t sit at my table.

It think it might be a good idea to require some kind of work.

• booger71 says:

I think you are spot on KBR. No more EBT Cards automatically refilled every month. They should be standing in line to get there free government cheese too.

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

No ‘free’ government handouts at all. I cannot find anywhere in The Constitution where the government is authorized to dispense charity.
              The government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specified objects. It is not like state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government.”
              — James Madison, speech in the House of Representatives, January 10, 1794
              I cannot find any authority in the Constitution for public charity. [To approve the measure] would be contrary to the letter and spirit of the Constitution and subversive to the whole theory upon which the Union of these States is founded.”
              — President Franklin Pierce’s 1854 veto of a measure to help the mentally ill.

• Any able-bodied person should ONLY given welfare if ACTIVELY looking for work AND for a maximum of 3 months.

After that, they should be given a ticket to a RETRAINING FACILITY located in agricultural belts, where they learn during the week and grow crops to feed themselves on weekends until they earn jobs – wherever they exist.

[Those who are INCAPABLE of retraining for private employment can maintain these facilities and work on their supporting farms.]

They should FUND their training with deductions from their credited past/future contributions to their social security accounts.

SUDDENLY they have skin in the game and a sense of urgency to take whatever jobs are available or earn a job they can train for.

SUDDENLY there’s a way to shoehorn them out of their parents’ basements and into productive society.

• Marc says:

As someone that is an able-bodied male that was on the EBT program several years ago I can tell you that it’s not always so cut and dry. I lived in a very rural area at the time and there were no jobs available that wanted me. I applied everywhere I could and nothing came of it. Even McDonald’s didn’t want me. So I kept working at a home based business that I still do today and eventually, I was able to get off the EBT program after one year.
            I was never proud of using the card and I don’t believe having to stand in a “virtual bread line” would help, especially the elderly and those lacking transportation outside of metro areas. Our country’s problem is what Trump is doing his best to fix; Our missing infrastructure job base and ability for private individuals to get back loans to start businesses is why so many are still losing homes and struggling to make the incomes they did over 10 years ago with 2 or more jobs.

• I never had an EBT card because I had savings to live on, but I went through a similar experience in a rural area; no one would hire me, not even the local grocery store. I have a college degree and tons of work experience but in a specialized area. An EBT card would have been a big help for me, but I just could not go and see if I was eligible, too proud. But, I do understand the need.

Finally, I did get a job from an out-of-state company and it is work from home and I love it!

• Bob says:

Imagine living in an inner city hell hole with 75% UE. There are no jobs. That is a problem. So I think Trump’s b focus on jobs is wonderful. We will need about 30,000 per day, each and everyday for four years to reach 30 million jobs. Which is close to our 20% he rate.

• E C says:

Spot on. We’ve been saying for years that people receiving bennies need to have to go down to the office and wait in line for everything they are getting. And I agree to having a line for everything. What you’re talking about is humility and pride and self respect. Those are dying traits that aren’t being passed down to younger generations.

My mom told me about times when her father couldn’t make the bills back in the 1950s. He would go to the town and ask for assistance. The catch was he had to do work for the town to pay off the debt then he was on his way. That’s the way it should be.

• Paul Killinger says:

I dunno, they’ll have to go to WORK for a living.

• singingsoul says:

siemprefieltranslation “Who knows, maybe there will eventually be so many good-paying jobs that the snowflakes can move out of their parent’s basement.”

Kids would not be in parents basement if they had chosen to study for a degree that companies need. Many students get useless degrees and are only of value if they go for a PhD and then they might get a good paying job.
        The other is many students are immature and party much in school and believe just squeezing through is good enough. My husband a retired University professor can tell stories of bright kids goofing around lying to parents who pay . Many young adults never had responsibility.

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

They have no skills other than playing video games and tweeting.

• aredtailblog says:

Oh they’ll just start complaining about how horrid it is that they can’t make a million a month instead of just a decent living.

• yy4u says:

You should have said “snowflakes can move out OF THE COUNTRY.”

2. Sam says:

Trump is not yet president but already acting like one. I imagine him saying “What, like it’s hard to do?”

• Howie says:

He will enter a can’t miss target rich environment on Jan. 20. It will take a couple years to root out and zap the problems and entrenched regulations in all the agencies, departments, and commissions. It will be glorious.

• readygo137 says:

We do not have a couple of years to do address the problems. TRUMP is a doer and he has surrounded himself with doers and NO, few, POLITICIANS so that means things will get done quickly, on time and under budget. HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone on here.

• singingsoul says:

readygo137 “TRUMP is a doer and he has surrounded himself with doers and NO, few, POLITICIANS so that means things will get done quickly,”

Yes trump will get much done with his team if some senators stick with agenda.
          I heard on M &Joe Morning when a democrat said “Trump’s team would be approved by democrats but it is Mc Cain Graham and Rubio who are already against the Secretary of State because of Russian connection>” These three wast him to say “that Russia hacked the election.” What an outrage. !!!!!!!! Rubio was a snake all along we knew for sure about the others..

• I saw some moron “journalists” on CNBC a few days ago discussing which areas will take priority
        “Let’s see. If Trump starts with obamaCare, tax reform and immigration will get delayed.
        If he starts with tax reform, obamaCare and immigration will get delayed.”

These idiots have no idea.
        Trump rolls out ALL the Projects simultaneously.
        That’s why he’s so successful.
        It’s called hard work, something they know nothing about.

• Paco Loco says:

“Draining the swamp” will be like defeating the NAZI’s in WWII…. a hard slog off the beach, fighting town by town all the way to Berlin. Many battles and much sacrifice, but in the end victory over tyranny. History will not be kind to Obama because the winners are going to be writing the history books. Defeating progressive liberalism in the US will be the “cause celeb” of our time.

• piper567 says:

TRUMP has a magic wand

3. rsanchez1990 says:

I wonder if there is a running tally of all the announced jobs that Trump’s deals are bringing back or creating in the US.

4. Bull Durham says:

Good. Whatever kind of jobs they are, 8000 people will feel better about their life. Jobs and working are how people sustain self-respect. If these are entry jobs, or part-time or lower than good paying, they are still openings for people to “get in out of the rain”. We need a million of them, but these are coming home. That’s good.

Self-esteem is vital for a healthy society.
    70,000 factories left America. That’s probably 35 million jobs.
    Should be able to recover one third of those.
    New startups, small businesses, expansions, growth, should add 10-15 million more.

It begins already. Small step, but we are moving to the goal. America First.

When the ‘Made in USA’ branding catches fire, those CEOs will be begging for space to resurrect their brands. Buy local, buy American. Keep our money circulating in the USA.

MAGA.

• Bull Durham says:

I forgot this: #MadeintheUSA. Pass it on. Look for it. Ask for it. Demand it.

• I got my first Trump hat in Aug. 2015 from Amazon. It was made in Cambodia I think. Then Trump mentioned on a rally that to look for Made in USA. I then ordered a Made in USA hat from Trump.

Now after this announcement, I’m going to look into changing my carrier to Sprint for both business and personal. I’m going to look for Made in USA for everything.

And while I’m at it, I’m going to voice my displeasure to my bank and other merchants that make you Press #1 for English. A new day has dawned and it’s not even Jan. 20 yet. MAGA

• Ron says:

Bless you. I think a lot of people would be WILLING to do this, if the companies start advertising it, and if President Trump keeps mentioning it. It’s just, which companies will have the guts to do it? In the PC world, it’s a big no no to say something like “Made in America, by Americans, with Pride” but we need to get to the place where we LOOK for that and DEMAND it of our businesses that we choose to spend our hard earned money with.

If I spend some money buying something, I want that money to end up in the pocket of an American, not the Chinese. I have nothing against the Chinese but we need to take care of our own, first.

• Pam says:

I know what you mean. The call centers for these big companies have been doing Americans a disservice for years by not hiring American workers to do the jobs. When you are an American born in this country and you make a call to customer care or customer service, you deserve having a person whose first language is English to take your call and Trump realizes that. This now gives the term “made in the USA” a whole new meaning!

No Mr. Trump, I’m not tired of winning yet! 🙂

• Sara in NC says:

I spent an hour with 3 different ‘customer service’ representatives for Time Warner Cable the other day. Each one was in Asia and I could not understand a word they said. Awful and frustrating experience and I finally just hung up the phone.

• LKA in LA says:

Sara same thing with Sirius radio. I started yelling! He kept asking me why I was cancelling my service and I said that they subjected me to service from another country. I was livid. I ask him what country he was in and he wouldn’t answer. No more treatment of this sort! Record that.

• I’ve had sprint as my carrier since 2003! Time to buy some stocks!

• BRILLIANT Marketing Strategy:
          “We are your ALL-AMERICAN Bank.”
          “We have DUMPED Press #1 for English.”
          “We’re with YOU, AMERICA.”

• deanbrh says:

Bull Durham, I forget who first posted this link here:http://madeinusaforever.com/
        The 3 white tee shirts I bought from this site last week are well-made in Kentucky, 100% cotton. They are selling a large variety of USA items and delivery is quite fast.

• rashamon says:

Thank you for that link. We all need to rally behind the “Made in the USA” label and make certain it’s true. I don’t want parts made elsewhere and the last stitch or component added on our shores. Spread the word when you approve of the company. This is a great site to start the flow. Maybe after P-E Trump is in office, that Presidentail Victory thread can be turned over to great experiences with USA-based companies.

We can do it. We can grow American-based and originated business.

• amjean says:

I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong)
            that “Made in the USA” labels can be used if
            less than 40% of the components of the final
            product are made out of the US.

• texasmama6 says:

This is an article that explains one facet of “Made in the U.S.A.” as it affects the fashion industry.

While the yarn is from Turkey, it’s knit here, so Chanin is still permitted by the Federal Trade Commission to label any garment made of the fiber with “Made in the U.S.A.” That’s because of the Code of Federal Regulations’ Title 16, Part 303.33, a part of the the Textile Fiber Rules. A brand must look “one step back” to determine the country of origin. Because the yarn is knit and dyed in the U.S., not just cut and sewn, it is considered a U.S. garment.

However, if the yarn was knit abroad, but cut and sewn here, the FTC would say that the garment should not carry the “Made in the U.S.A.” tag…

Cars.com does a list, I think annually, that gives the make and models of the top cars that are “made in the U.S.A.,” but what that means is that at least 75 percent of the parts were made by Americans. American automobiles for the most part do not qualify as “made in America.” This year the top five models are all Toyota or Honda, and “American” auto manufacturers only provide #s 6-8.

So it seems that it is all pretty political as just about everything is these days.

• KBR says:

In NC, one must have special permission from the state to grow a single cotton plant, much less a field of cotton.

My daughter wanted to grow a cotton plant to use for a children’s museum display, and discovered she couldn’t do it without special permission! (She applied and got permission to grow no more than three plants, and solely for the museum’s purpose.)

So much for stupid regulations affecting our raw materials here in the USA.

• platypus says:

I suspect that rule is designed to keep track of where boll weevils can go. I’m sure it also has political purposes unrelated to pests but it would seem to me that knowing where boll weevils could be is a good way to keep them under control.

• KBR says:

I just bought area rugs for my hardwood floors and they are beautiful, made in my home state, in a small factory family business.

When it looked as if they were going to have to close the factory, they chose to sell direct to customers to be able to compete with cheap foreign rugmakers.

Excellent customer service, and you can choose to do custom colors!

I am a happy customer, not in any other way connected with:

Stroudbraidedrugs.com.

• tigsmom says:

I just bought a KichenAid commercial stove. The thing that caught my eye was the “Made in the USA” sticker proudly displayed on the front. I’m more than willing to pay a premium price for a premium product. My kitchen will soon have the other appliances replaced with their kin. Buh bye Korea.

• mike says:

Medicine and insurance are a huge con game destroying jobs as well as patients’ lives..

US cancer bills of $1-2 million for a first or last year of metastatic cancer are common. Yet patients may do better for $20,000 – $50,000 per year with off label drugs.

• Mary Wilson says:

I’ve been right along. I knew that the job I saved would eventually be my own. Besides—I can’t stomach slave labor.

• WSB says:

8,000 plus families.

• Plenty of space available right now. In just the past 30 years, my county of 90,000 people has lost 5 factories and mills that I can think of off the top of my head. All gone due to Dem Pres. regulations.

• readygo137 says:

Gets 1/3 or more those factories back and watch the support industries blossom as well. Every factory needs suppliers and the suppliers need workers and so on down the line.

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

‘Self’ esteem has degraded Our Republic for the last 8 years. Obama has more highly of himself than he actually is.

5. Sandy says:

I always wanted Trump to be President because I knew he would be absolutely amazing!!

6. Liked by 22 people

7. Anton says:

Obama will be pissed.

8. John Franco says:

Gee, a President who says what he means and means what he says?!? Never thought I’d see that again after President Reagan! God Bless President Trump! AMERICA, YEAH BABY!!!

9. ALEX says:

The jobs in the link below will have immediate impact. This six billion ethane cracker will go through and they will build a twin nearby. Ethane produced from the massive shale formations and produces textiles,plastics,pharmaceuticals,auto parts etc….It can be exported etc…..This can return manufacturing using our natural resources…..looking good..

• readygo137 says:

And remember all those industries you mentioned ALEX will prosper and need workers and supplies from people in the field, accountants, engineers, and yes, lawyers.

• navysquid says:

“Ethane cracker”

Read and understood by liberals: Only white people can apply and work Ethane
      Racist Trump supporters

• Texian says:

That word triggered some vintage collegiate archive synapses – “MEPBPHHOND” – know this word and you can label and draw the structures of the first ten hydrocarbons. Methane, Ethane, Propane, Butane, Pentane, Hexane, Heptane, Octane, Nonane, Decane. Start with Methane and draw one carbon and surround it with Hydrogens, Ethane draw two carbons and surround it with Hydrogens, etc. etc. [Next lesson we will cover the 20 amino acids essential to all life – list, categorize and draw their structures (if you couldn’t do this 100% correct on the final you didn’t pass Biochem..”F”). GAVLIP STCMAG LAH PTT AG].

10. tuskyou says:

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.

11. Ron says:

He used to say, and he was serious, “I Will be the Greatest Jobs President God Ever Created”.

Bold statement. He wasn’t kidding.

12. bertdilbert says:

The winning song…

13. barton2016 says:

Good 8000 fewer reasons to have H1B visas

• readygo137 says:

What would be great is they have to re train the AMERICANS before they are deported? Now that would be GREAT and funny especially at Disney.

• barton2016 says:

What training? Most of the H1Bs are utterly incompetent.

• This! It’s an absolute myth that H1Bs are equivalent to American workers. But you can’t get management to admit it since they made the decision to bring them here and the H1Bs sit very quietly and pretend to work so upper management thinks they look really good compared to Americans who tend to disagree with management decisions that are idiotic. I NEVER saw an H1B worker who could completely do the job they were hired for. Management papered over this by forcing more work onto the remaining Americans.

14. TONYA PARNELL says:

AT&T, DIRECT TV AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER NEED TO GET ON BOARD. CUSTOMERS SERVICE JOBS IN INDIA, VENEZUELA, OTHER FOREIGN COUNTRIES. YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEIR FOREIGN VOICES, REALLY FRUSTRATING

• Old Bucket says:

Talking to someone in the Philippines I can’t understand about my cable/internet service is bad ennough, but it angers me no end to speak with someone I can’t understand about my health insurance. I always ask to be transfered to an agent in the US.

• rashamon says:

Tonya, I have lost patience with those who cannot be understood, whether in person or on the phone. “Let me talk to your manager.” And if that doesn’t work, “Let me talk to YOUR manager.” I don’t care how long it takes; it’s my dime paying your salary. YOU communicate with me; don’t make me struggle to communicate with you. I honor your intelligence. You honor mine.

• rashamon says:

Let me add to this. There is no point attending a class where you are paying thousands of dollars in tuition and you cannot understand the professor. There is nothing more dangerous than being in a medical situation where the practitioner cannot communicate with the patient.

Expand that to a hundred ways that language and communication and culture impacts our every day life. Why do I have to interview my taxi driver before getting into his/her vehicle so I KNOW I can communicate my destination and that the drivers ability to get me there?

• Oldtradesman says:

Many STEM professors at renowned public institutions like Cal Poly, Pomona or so-called private institutions like California Baptist University are incomprehensible. Born-in-Asia profs refuse to make eye contact, consider it rude to be asked for clarification, and penalize the student accordingly.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Same with doctors. My doctor has to have and English name and got her MD from an American school. I don’t care for board certified doctors either. I don’t want someone who can’t understand me poking around my body.

• KBR says:

Those doctors are hard to find! Also I don’t like going to a doctor, and being seen by a nurse or PA as my only choice but still having to pay for a physician visit! You are NOT getting what you pay for, so it is a cheat plain and simple!

Medical practice has gone downhill bigtime! Too much of corporate monopolies, with too much of megapharm/medical corporation incestuous business practices.

Patients are merely unimportant numbers rather than sick humans. When corpmed and bigpharm share a monopoly on a basic service the patient has no choice and no voice.

Patients are on an assembly line nowadays, and God help you if you have a serious illness!

In fact, IMO, God’s help via prayer would be a much better help than the poisons pharma produces and corpmed prescribes and bigmedia advertises for the sake of megabucks.

Once upon a time, a person could go to his doctor with an ingrown toenail, a bad cold, and an upset stomach and get help for all three in a single visit. Now he will pay for a doctor while seeing a nurse, and be scheduled with a surgeon, a pulmonologist, and a gastroenterologist. Each specialist will call for all sorts of “diagnostic tests” and each will prescribe several (often crossreactive) medicines all of which have side effects much worse than the original problem.

I truly believe that corpmed/bigpharm require a that certain percentage of people “must be diagnosed with CA” even if they don’t have it, in order to keep the bigmoney cancer scams going.

I told my “provider” that I don’t do preventive medicine, b/c all they look for is CA and CA is incurable, and the so-called treatments are poisoning, slashing, and burning.

“Why do you need me, then?” the “provider” asked.
            I answered with a smile, “You have the ability to prescribe antibiotics should I require them, the only known medicine that can effect a cure instead merely symptom relief. And you have the ability to give me pain meds should I get CA, which I might then require toward the end of my life. Other than that, I will let you know if and when I need you for anything else.” So far I haven’t.

• In AZ says:

Caucasion doctors from Western and Eastern Europe can be excellent doctors. My Russian doctor was brilliant. She quit practicing. I am having a hard time finding another doctor in that field. All the doctors are Pakistan, India, Iran, etc.

• In AZ says:

A number of years ago my family doctor sent me to a cardiologist for a stress test and other tests. My doctor wanted to make sure everything was all right, as heart disease is big on my father’s side.
          The cardiologist was from Pakistan. He treated me lower than dirt. After the tests he accused me of demanding the tests from my doctor, there was nothing wrong with me, I was a hysterical female, entitled American, etc.
          I told my family doctor to never send me back to the jerk, and told her what happened. My doctor quit referring all patients to that Pakistani.
          After that I record all doctors visits, to this day.

• In AZ says:

Nurse practitioners are more educated and competent than Physician Assistants. I hate PA’s.
            Letting PA’S treat people is the same as letting a dental assistant fill teeth and do root canals.
            In Arizona PA’S can now assist in surgery and even do some surgery.
            It is criminal.

There is a PA in my town that is very inept. When we have to use the ER and she walks in I demand someone else.

• KBR says:

Perhaps Nurse Practitioners are “more educated and competent” than PA’s, but that has NOT been my experience. Nurses are trained to believe that they are more educated and competent than any other person in the medical field: that has been my experience.
              I have so often proven them wrong during my 40 years I could write a book.

However, when I got to see a doctor, I expect to see one. I do not expect to pay for a doctor and get anything less.

• Texian says:

It all boils down to natural talent. Whether a doctor, nurse, engineer etc. Some have the talent but lack the piece of paper, while some just have the schooling piece of paper.. Try to find the ones that have BOTH..

• readygo137 says:

Have tried that and they cut me off???? Best is to call back

• rashamon says:

Oh, I can get very rude now. And 2017 looks even better for teaching sales assistants — and most people truly are “sales assistants” — how to assist THE CUSTOMER vs. playing Jerk-of-the-Day, a role learned in their parents’ basement.

• The Fighting Man says:

I had a French friend who spoke very good English, but had a noticeable accent. He and I were talking one day and he said that Americans were too nice to put up with foreigners and their inability to clearly speak English. He said the French would not even bother to talk to them. Maybe we should adopt the French attitude toward “engrish” speakers from abroad. They are NOT “native or near native fluency” as they are told.

It really galls me because my roots are deep in Ingwine territory. We invented English. Speak it right or don’t speak it at all. I am so sick of hearing foreigners butcher my language. It is nauseating and infuriating.

• singingsoul says:

The Fighting Man “Speak it right or don’t speak it at all. I am so sick of hearing foreigners butcher my language. It is nauseating and infuriating.”

I know what you mean. Europeans dislike tourists who come and expect natives to speak English and they make no attempt to speak the language of the country .
        I know for a fact Europeans all speak English . I think Mexicans come here expect Americans to speak Mexican Spanish. As in Rome do as the Romans do.
        My brothers all speak 5=6 languages so do their kids.
        When people live here they need to learn English. English speaking is not very hard to learn.

• The French can be a little persnickety. In Italy, as long as you’re sincerely trying they don’t mind. It’s when a person doesn’t try — or — they speak Spanish that they get angry. The most important thing is that you love their food vino and appreciate their hospitality and dress well. IMO this is my take. When I first got here and even sometimes I say Spanish words by mistake (I learned Spanish before I learned Italian) and that set off a few bus drivers who said THIS IS NOT SPAIN! 😀 But they didn’t seem to mind my broken Italian as long as they saw that I was sincerely trying. But after you been here a long time they will expect you to speak better. But the tourists they do not expect that, just don’t speak Spanish!

• Oh, I spoke Spanish back in 1965 when I went to Bellinzona TC in Switzerland. They just “heard” Italian, but repeated what they thought they heard “just to make sure.” I figured either they were being polite or my mumbling really did work!
          In general, though, the Ticinese are pretty grumpy for Italian-speakers!

15. Old Bucket says:

I’m glad to hear that President Trump (has a nice ring, doesn’t it?) has been able to leverage a deal with Sprint to return telecom jobs to the US. I’m a retired telecom installer, from a family of telecom workers, so I have a particular interest in this win. I hope the win continues to other telecom companies that are major US communication carriers, because there have been too many strange coincidences with outages, foreign purchases and subcontracted labor.

Sprint network has had more than it’s share of technical troubles within the last year or so with major network outages. Last year a major outage hit the West Coast, and was rumored to be sabotage; exactly what happened was never fully disclosed, but insiders speculate it was purposely done by disgruntled employees or former employees. Earlier this month, there was a major fire at the Sprint central office in Omaha, severely injuring one person and causing 911 outages as far as the Twin Cities area. It was never disclosed if the injured man was a Sprint worker or what his position was that put him in a phone office.

50 years ago, when telecom workers finished a phone office in one town, they packed up their trailer houses and moved to a new town, taking their wives and children with them. They were American workers, proud to be involved in making the United States the best connected country on earth. Their families were proud, too, knowing their loved one worked for a company that had the resources, brain trust and innovation that helped make America great.

The company I worked for had a long, proud history of providing the best communication service in the country, up until the 1980 divesture. After the divesture, ‘telephone installers’ suffered through leadership that ran the company into the ground, then sold off to a French company who in turn sold it to a Finnish company, headed up by a guy from India. One of the strategies the company used to increase corporate profits and pay exec’s huge salaries, bonuses and parachutes was to outsource not only the ‘customer care’ to places like India and the Philippines, they outsourced installation and technical services, too. The jobs that actually make the network run are being performed by workers hired off the street with little to no training of how to make and keep the system up and working.

I’m hearing reports from the field that the replacement workers are camping out at cellular huts, living like squatters; they eat, sleep and leave their waste on the ground around these buildings. I haven’t asked, but I’m going to guess that the new workers living like squatters are not Americans. I worry about the quality of their work, their work ethic and attention to the details that keep our communications running. I also worry that should they have a mind too, they could take down large sections of our country’s communications.

Which brings me back to the issue with Sprint’s service issues. Were they caused by poorly trained ‘replacement’ tecnicians or foreign labor or is it part of a dry run to see how much of a network they could disable? Sprint isn’t the only telecom provider abandoning their veteran labor force; these new workers service all the large carrier’s cellular networks.

The telecom industry is just one of many industries that have been hit hard by Globalist interests, which is too bad…not just for me, a forced-retired telecom worker with a sob story, but for the Nation as a whole. Communications are critical infrastructure, almost as much as water, power and transportation. Critical infrastructure shouldn’t be owned or serviced by foreign interests.

I’m looking forward to applying for a technician job as Sprint.

• don welch says:

even some of the talking heads are starting to refer to trump as potus lol. must piss off that guy with three islamic names quite a bit.

• rashamon says:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I, too, look forward to you back at work for Sprint. Good luck and happy 2017! Pull you fellow veteran Sprint force back with you.

• Old Bucket says:

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Rashamon. I hope to get back into the work I know and love. I wasn’t ready to retire; we still have teen-age kids! I will say that not being on the road all the time has been nice, but a pension wasn’t designed for raising teens. I’m currently working part time at our local Mega-Lo-Mart for the extras, but I’d love to use my skill set at Sprint. I wish the remnants of the ‘legacy’ provider would quit using cheap, untrained and unconcerned installation and maintenance, and I wish Bell Labs hadn’t been part of the sale to a foreign company. All the new owner really wanted out of the purchase was Bell Labs, not the labor force.

16. fred5678 says:

Here are some jobs “Americans won’t do’ because Americans can’t work for $5 an hour CASH, no benefits, but ILLEGAL ALIENS DO!!

20 companies, 20 workers each — that makes maybe 400 American jobs as soon as Jeff Sessions SUES THEIR AZZES!

17. hugofitch1 says:

Yes, Barack, there IS a magic wand.

18. don welch says:

i would rather trump delegate these announcements and stay above the fray but that’s just me. i know he wants to project the image of getting things done he has promised he would do so i get it and all.

• 18CatsInOH says:

I don’t think he is projecting an image. I think he is doing the job we voted him in to do. Already. We ALL need proof of it, ESPECIALLY those who said he’s a clown who doesn’t know anything and unqualified to be president.

• India Maria says:

Disagree mightily. He is DELIVERING on his campaign pledge. This will NOT be emphasized in Media. He has learned that HE HIMSELF must communicate with his constituency, which gratefully, is us hayseeds who live in flyover country and don’t matter even though we pay all the taxes. I WANT this direct dialogue with MY LEADER.

• The Fighting Man says:

My hireling CEO. He is NOT my leader. I am his employer. He’d better do the job I hired him to do or I will tell him “You’re fired!” Hold his feet to the fire. We the People have had enough “leaders” sell us down the river because they failed to realize the GOVERNMENT is We The People. They are OUR servants.

• In AZ says:

I love that Trump talks directly to the people and makes these announcements.
        No other politician has communicated the way Trump does. I throughly enjoy it. So does my family.

• Eric Kennedy says:

I couldn’t disagree more.

• rvsueandcrew says:

don…. I think making announcements of winning to those who have mocked, scorned, undermined, slandered, doubted, misrepresented and what-have-you is his well-deserved REWARD. I think he enjoys making the announcements. I say, let him have those moments. He deserves the satisfaction of announcing every achievement.

19. Does anyone know what the total tally thus far of jobs Trump has created since he was elected on November 8th? Or rather since December 14th when this Breitbart article was published?

Carrier Air Conditioner Manufacturing: 1,000 Jobs
    SoftBank Telecommunications: 50,000 Jobs
    U.S. Steel: 10,000 Jobs
    IBM: 25,000 Jobs

= 86k jobs and Trump hasn’t even entered office yet!

SOURCE ARTICLE:
    “Trump Boom: Companies Vow Tens of Thousands of U.S. Jobs After Trump Win,” by Warner Todd Huston (Brietbart) published December 14, 2016

20. Pigg says:

The down side is if they’re bringing their foreign workers with them. Not a big fan or believer in the benefits of multiculturalism.

21. Obama adds these jobs to his “created or saved” tally.

Just as he takes credit for the market rallies that began AFTER Trump was elected.

In his mind, Barry is handing over a roaring economy humming along like a well-oiled engine. He’ll continue to take credit for everything that happens, saying Trump “inherited” it from him.

Magically, Obama is not responsible for anything that happened while he was in office (Bush’s fault!) but he will be responsible for everything good that happens after he leaves (“Trump is reaping what he didn’t sow … he inherited it from me, just as he inherited his fortune from his daddy”).

It goes without saying that anything bad will be Trump’s fault (Obama: “I tried to warn him, but he just wouldn’t listen …”)

22. Southern Son says:

The Trump Effect Train, is warming up at the MAGA Station.
    EDT 1/21/2017.
    ALL ABOARD!!!

23. India Maria says:

In listening carefully to Trump since June16, 2015, he would confidently claim that bringing back jobs would be “easy.” I realize that because he actually WANTS to bring back our jobs it IS REALLY EASY. Our UniParty, however, WANTED this transfer of our wealth, and did NOT WANT to provide the environment that would preserve AMERICAN wealth and power. Purty RUEFUL conclusion for a Seasoned Citizen who grew up in the 50’s thinking our Leaders ALWAYS had OUR best interest at hear. Oh well, a lot of us are fully awake and alert now.

24. Could we possibly see the day when we no longer have to talk to incompetent and rude foreigners who barely speak English when we call customer or technical support?

25. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Meanwhile the imbecile in the White House together with John McCain and Lindsay Grahamnasty are teeing up for a confrontation with Russia. The difference couldn’t be starker.

26. Matt Musson says:

In the last two years 5 million jobs have been onshored to North America from Asia. 4 million went to Mexico where wages are now lower than China.

• The Fighting Man says:

Let’s see. Mexico gets jobs that originated in the US. Mexico gives free passes to the most undesirable people from all over the world to get to the US border and sneak across. Mexico turns a blind eye to the fact that a lot of their military brass are Zetas. Mexico is and has always been the problem. (By this I mean the Mexican Government, of course. I have nothing against Mexicans….in Mexico or legally in the US).

27. liberty, not license says:

I’m so excited about this “America First”approach. Over 30 years ago, I tried to buy things “Made in the USA.” It was basically impossible to find such items, but when I could, I did. There didn’t seem to be much concern in the general populace about doing so. This information about jobs returning here makes my heart sing.

We just put in hardwood floors, and I was able to catch a great sale and buy the floors from a manufacturer in Michigan who uses domestic trees! The floors were not much more per square foot than the ones produced overseas, and with less waste because of better quality, I think the pricing was almost the same for solid as opposed to engineered hardwood (which we had to use for the basement because solid hardwood can’t go below grade.) It took some research, but I was pleased to buy thus domestic product. MAGA!

28. Tony Stark says:

Sprint wanted to be on the same side of the winning team.

29. Dommy says:

Now THIS is an American.

My Administration will follow two simple rules: BUY AMERICAN and HIRE AMERICAN! #USA

A post shared by President Donald J. Trump (@realdonaldtrump) on

30. navysquid says:

What we need to look is the exponential of these actual jobs produced (as opposed to Obama’s “saved jobs) by Trump or more correctly the companies he is negotiating to stay here in the USA. Whether we look at MoniQue’s numbers of 150,000+ or whatever the number may be, each of these jobs actually represents those numbers multiplied by a factor of 4 to 6. Because with each job comes additional support or retail / service jobs off of each of these jobs created.

One factory created in a town means not only the specific job but the maintenance of said job location, possible security of location, the employment of say 5,000 workers leads to their spouses and working age children accepting jobs in the new location which leads to greater economic output by needing additional housing (re: construction jobs), retail outlets (re: Walmart, auto dealerships, fast food restaurants, clothing stores, theaters, etc), schools need to built for the influx of 5,000 workers and their families, all of this generated by ONE SINGLE company.

This is why Trump called creating or keeping jobs in America easy for him because he, as a businessman, sees the larger – strategic picture, something Obama ,who has never created anything in his life, could never grasp.

So that 150,000 figure turns into a potential figure in the millions from what is generated out of these initial hires.

WINNING!

• KBR says:

Sooner or later, the raw materials for the products will be grown from our soil, or mined, or forested.
      Then the jobs won’t just affect numbers of workers in comarkets and aftermarkets. The workers that provide the raw materials for the products will also be USA workers!

31. Paul Killinger says:

While Pres Trump’s sorting out this huge mess McLame, Gramnesty and Lil Marco need to go home and keep their mouths shut.

We’ll have all the carping and chirping we need from the Senate Dems, so they can handle this for them in their absence.

The best way to handle this is for the voters in their states (who all carried Trump) is to do what Nebraskans did with Sen Sasse… They told him if he couldn’t support Donald to just stay in Washington permanently!

32. LKA in LA says:

True Christmas Dinner story here. My husband and I are bragging for PE Mr. Trump and the jobs/America First platform. Two college grads and one 13 yr old was audience. One of the grads is a Civil Engineer and works for firm. He balked at the potential progress. My radar goes up. He informed us that his engineer firm would fight the undoing of regulations on environment because the firm had spent millions to become compliant with O’s regs. They would not allow them to be undone, firm lose the money, and small firms be able to compete. I was livid and told him his firm better get America First or leave the country. Everyone has an angle it seems to prevent the preservation of their country.

• KBR says:

So that Civil Engineer’s firm is going to spend all its time and money “fighting” the inevitable while new firms spend theirs growing to become ever more competitive?

Sounds to me as if your uncivil Civil Engineer will soon be out of work: I hope he is one that has a hard time getting a new job: attitudes should always weigh heavily in hiring employees, and his stinks.

33. jefcool64 says:

We should redistribute our winning to other countries.

Oh wait, those days are over!

34. Sandra says:

Every day I think “we picked the greatest guy!”. He hasn’t even taken office yet and already he has taken charge. Wussy Obama and Kerry are puffing themselves up trying to remain relevant while a real man, a real leader, takes over. Good riddance inept professional politicians.

35. Obama and Kerry must have bought their Rules For Radicals books on Alliebabba .

The received, Rules For Stupid Dumb Ass Radicals, and followed it 100%

36. President Trump should DECLARE NATIONAL-SECURITY INFRASTRUCTURES to include POWER, WATER & TELECOM:

Immediately transition Critical Infrastructure to ALL-AMERICAN.
    • Forbid Foreign Ownership
    • Forbid Foreign Employees
    • Require Domestic Service Suppliers
    • Require Extreme Vetting for Employees

37. spindlitis says:

For some reason, CBS was tying itself in knots, trying to say these jobs don’t count. I guess they were part of the agreement Trump had with the Japanese businessman he met with earlier. It’s ridiculous. I don’t care where they come from, as long as they employ people in this country.

38. Our pres elect is working on getting the economy up
    And obama just ejected Russians from here!

39. disman2016 says:

So much winning! Ford, Carrier, now Sprint. Trump has done so much, he’s not officially president yet. Do any of us think that these jobs would be coming back to the US had Hillary won the presidency? Don’t think so!

Is there any update on Nabisco? Early in the primary, Trump often mentioned that Nabisco had moved a plant from Chicago to Mexico. My mother (a huge Trump supporter, btw) wouldn’t eat any more Oreo’s because of this. Of course, IL, being so blue, was such a lost cause during the general election Hopefully, my state and the rest of the deep blue states come to their senses in 2020 and stop blindly voting Democrat. If Trump keeps up this winning, he may win all the states in 2020, except for maybe CA and Washington DC.

40. wodiej says:

Love the picture w son and Dad!

As someone who was displaced from an accounting job over 6 years ago, I am looking forward to seeing employers getting payback for dropping health coverage, wages and hours. I didn’t see any of the big ones go out of business or lose profits because of it. There will be so many jobs that they will be offering great wages and benefits again because there won’t be enough people to fill their job openings.

As for Sprint, Hallelujah! I am sick and tired of calling a customer care center and having to speak to someone who I can’t understand because they are from India or another foreign country. .

More winning please…..