Stephen Miller Tapped to Write Trump Inauguration Speech…

….Stephen, you glorious bastard, I’ve read your stuff !  ~SD

stephen-miller-2(Via Politico) […] The choice of Miller, the 31-year-old who wrote most of Trump’s major prepared speeches in 2016, including his Republican national convention address that was criticized as overly dark, is of no surprise to Trump insiders.

Miller played an unusually multi-faceted role on the campaign: a behind-the-scenes policy adviser, Trump’s chief speechwriter and a speech-giver himself, becoming a skinny-tie-wearing fixture over the summer at Trump rallies as a warm-up act.

“Steve’s a machine,” Jason Miller, a Trump aide, said of Miller’s prolific writing abilities (the two men aren’t related). “I’ve literally seen him knock out three speeches in a day.”

Miller, who spent part of last week with Trump in Mar-a-Lago, has consulted people both on and off the campaign as he puts together an initial draft of the speech, including Trump’s incoming White House chief strategist Steve Bannon.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, media bias. Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to Stephen Miller Tapped to Write Trump Inauguration Speech…

1. Run what ya brung we used to say in Motocross

2. maga2016 says:

yea he’s really a great speech writer and giver

3. RedBallExpress says:

The fate of the free world is in his hands.

• True, RedBall, which makes this the thought expressed in the Political article and a number of other publications that I have NEVER seen before this election: “** the peaceful transfer of power **” ring some ominous, yet subconscious, bells. I’m seeing it too often.
      Anybody else get a spine-tingling reaction reading that???
      Or does this simply refer to the Clinton staff trashing the WH before W’s staff came in?

4. flova says:

Miller and Bannon–it doesn’t get any better than this. Fighting fire with fire is the only way to go against these lousy America-hating Marxists.

5. R-C says:

This speech will be one for the ages.

• lastinillinois says:

The darker the better, as far as I’m concerned.

Other than the election a few weeks ago – and Mr Trump’s appointments since – these have indeed been dark days.

More would realize this, if so many weren’t so ignorant of surroundings.

• Evelyn says:

It’s time for a reprise of the American Anthem. This brings to mind my 90 year old father who served in the US Navy during the invasion of the south of France: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgus2N3CcUs

All we’ve been given
        By those who came before
        The dream of a nation
        Where freedom would endure
        The work and prayers
        Of centuries
        Have brought us to this day
        What shall be our legacy?
        What will our children say?
        Let them say of me
        I was one who believed
        In sharing the blessings
        I received
        Let me know in my heart
        When my days are through
        America
        America
        I gave my best to you
        Each generation from the plains
        To distant shore with the gifts
        What they were given
        Were determined
        To leave more
        Valiant battles fought together
        Acts of conscience fought alone
        These are the seeds
        From which America has grown
        Let them say of me
        I was one who believed
        In sharing the blessings
        I received
        Let me know in my heart
        When my days are through
        America
        America
        I gave my best to you
        For those who think
        They have nothing to share
        Who fear in their hearts
        There is no hero there
        America
        America
        I gave my best to you

• repsort says:

i’m drooling.

6. mg says:

Turning his back on the hacks
    he parades with the tax-payers that elected him.
    Genius.

7. paulraven1 says:

Interesting, is it not, that there was never a single article (that I can remember) about who wrote Obama’s speeches. Obama’s speeches came from the holy oracle himself.

8. Landslide says:

Re-writing here my previous post—Oh Happy Day!!!! Stephen is a hero to me. What an honor for him and a gift for America. When interviewed, he said that Trump is more involved in the speech-writing than anyone he has ever worked with. Said Trump cares about every word. The speech will be epic and I pray the delivery will be masterful!!! God bless them both!

9. Arkindole says:

Electrifying words.
    Electrifying speaker.

10. rsanchez1990 says:

“criticized as overly dark”

In other words, being too truthful about the problems facing the nation under Obama’s watch, too truthful for the UniParty and their Chosen One, that is. We the People are done being talked down to. We need results, and Stephen Miller will be a big part of the team that will deliver those results.

11. Dakotacav says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I have always suspected there back channel communications occurred (occur) between Sundance and Stephen Miller.

If called to testify, the first exhibit I would introduce is the Gettysburg speech by Trump on October 13, 2016.

” * * * The Washington establishment, and the financial and media corporations that fund it, exists for only one reason: to protect and enrich itself.

“The establishment has trillions of dollars at stake in this election. As an example, just one single trade deal they’d like to pass, involves trillions of dollars controlled by many countries, corporations and lobbyists. * * * “

12. Sandra-VA says:

Stephen Miller is a very talented young man. I hope to see him run for office some day 😀

13. ediegrey says:

“Trump’s convention address, which Miller also took the lead in writing, was reviewed poorly by some for its ominous tone — the talk of rising crime and spreading terror, and Trump’s declaration that, “I alone can fix it.” But when Democratic pollster Peter Hart tested the core message of Trump’s speech, he found it performed far better among independent voters than the key passages of Hillary Clinton’s better-reviewed convention address.”

This must kill the insufferable media, they just don’t get it. We in the real world don’t living with rising crime and terrorism. We want our jobs and country back – ominous indeed.

• R-C says:

“…the insufferable media…”

I used that term to describe Chris Wallace yesterday. This term is apt and completely appropriate in both applications.

Here’s my observation: “How does the media, who sees its role as ‘indoctrinator’ rather than ‘informer’, square itself to the simple truth that they’re seen as insufferable?”

People don’t even want to listen to their voices anymore; much less hear their tainted, crooked ‘message’. Kinda hard to be the disseminator of propaganda when people refuse to tune in, no?

(The NYT, in the midst of a major ‘down-sizing’, is starting to get it at long last. They’re bemoaning their growing irrelevance by castigating Mr. Trump for using alternative means to communicate with the people.)

It’ll be interesting to watch the media come to grips with this–or not–as the Trump Administration sets forth to fix what’s wrong.

• lastinillinois says:

I think they get it.
      And I think they are terrified by it.

• louche9 says:

“…when Democratic pollster Peter Hart tested the core message of Trump’s speech, he found it performed far better among independent voters than the key passages of Hillary Clinton’s better-reviewed convention address.”

One of the signs that Trump stood an excellent chance of winning the election was the extreme under-polling of Independents, relative to their percentage of the voting public. They’re over 40% of registered voters, and they were consistently polled at 17%, 22%…I saw 12% once, as greater and greater fudging was required in order to squeak Hillary through with a 2-3% lead.

• Dr T says:

That very statistical analysis of under polling the independent vote was pointed out here time and time again before the election by floreblog ( I think his name was) and I have to say that this was the only reason I had any hope we were in fact winning and was able to hold on to my sanity. Thank you Sundance and all treepers. The statistical analysis that you did was not only spot on but an enormous amount of work on a daily basis and helped us stay strong . God Bless you all.

• i'm just sayin'.. says:

As a speech, politics aside, Hillary’s speech was pure dreck and fed the building perception, at that time, of disconnection and unfitness. The Dems knew it and their lapdog media did everything they could to distract from the Clinton train wreck.

14. Peter says:

“Overly dark” – how can they even print that with a straight face? It should say “that the Hillary camp tried desperately to brand as overly dark and failed miserably”

Good grief, fake news, always fake news with politico , et al.

• Sherlock says:

I remember the day after that speech I counted something like 17 media outlets that used the term “dark” in describing the speech. Somewhere, someone has to be the first, the one to send it out to all the others. Who is that someone?

• herbork says:

Good question, Sherlock. I’ve worked in top-five market broadcast news. The “someone” is said to be a long-standing daily pre-dawn email group of top media elites who decide the tone and language used in reporting the day’s headlines. So, oddly enough, the purpose of cable news is not to inform average viewers — who don’t watch them so much anymore — but rather to be a press briefing for the press: the national print, broadcast and cable enemedia. And this is why, even if not one single private citizen ever watches, there will always be a CNN.

15. LKA in LA says:

I pointed Mr. Miller out to my son at the Mobile “thank you” rally and said, “That man will be very famous someday.” I love seeing the “white hats” soar!

16. Texian says:

Another skinny tie wearer! I am not alone! I drive my wife crazy because I wear my Dad’s skinny ties from the 1950’s-60’s. Skinny ties represent “conservatism” and were worn during the height of American Greatness. An example of one of my favorite “TV Dads” – wearing the classic conservative skinny tie. Ward Cleaver (Hugh Beaumont).

17. India Maria says:

I love this “Glorious Bastard!”

18. Artist says:

Hooray, I Love this!
    I have had a serious braincrush on the brilliant, erudite, suave and slyly charming Stephen Miller since the Summer.
    Thrilled to bits!

19. Artist says:

plus…he’s a practicing Jew, more proof of Trump’s inherent anti-Semitism, of course!!!!!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

• lastinillinois says:

Mr Netanyahu will no doubt soon be sleeping a bit more soundly knowing Mr Miller is not his side.

• Yes, although we normally say “observant” rather than “practicing.”

What I love about Mr. Miller is that it is said he also turned his formerly liberal Democrat parents into registered Republicans! That is real persuasiveness. I wonder if it was the Duke Affair than convinced them their son was right! Up until then, they could have just brushed Steven off, “He’s just a kid. This is normal rebelliousness. He’ll get over it. Oh, wait, everything he has said has been right. Hmmm”

20. Ficklefinger says:

Donald Trump is a great judge of talent to work with him. This is not a new skill he just acquired.

You cannot become as successful as this man has become without the ability to choose excellent subordinates.

He has credited his mother as a great judge of people. He has inherited that ability in spades.

Many people have an uncanny ability to blow smoke up the boss’ a**. It takes a real clever man to read the person through the smokescreen. Trump’s own authenticity gives him a great “radar” for authenticity.

21. Totally Domestic says:

Stephen Miller’s speechwriting is equal
    to Jackie Evancho’a singing.
    Trump sure knows talent!

Can hardly wait for inauguration to get here!

22. SoCal Patriot says:

Maybe DJT can schedule a luncheon hosted by Bannon and Breibart – that would really cause some elite heads to explode…would be worth some chuckles.

23. fred5678 says:

Yet again we see the fingerprints of my hero since his successful 2006-07 battles against McCain-Kennedy Comprehensive Amnesty — Senator Jeff Sessions.

Miller was Sessions’ top aide, specializing in immigration I believe, until Jeff loaned him to the Trump,campaign about September 2015, the month after the first Mobile rally.

24. Totally Domestic says:

What stuff of Stephen Miller did Sundance read?

25. HonorDefendBuckeye says:

Appropriate symbolism of ” …You glorious bastard, I’ve read …”, which I think refers to Patton exclaiming about Rommel — before Patton proceeds to lower the hammer. Expressive of what all here believe cannot start soon enough — a leader doing what he promises, and not being co-opted by the snakes that will surround his every step in the swamp.

26. facebkwallflower says:

Who wrote Melania’s speech that was similar to Michelle’s?

• repsort says:

Michelle’s speech writers 😉

• Whatev says:

It was the first (and possibly last?) political speech ever written by a long time writing employee of the Trump business organization. Googling that question will show more details if anyone’s curious. The person did quickly publicly apologize and offer to resign. Trump declined the resignation offer.

27. p'odwats says:

I thought Trump’s RNC speech was powerful and to the point. No fake statements nor oratory in that particular speech. Meat and potatoes it was and Trump made it very clear he means business. These MSM and establishment types have such sensitive ears. They’re so used to hearing speeches filled with the same fake eloquence and soaring statements from candidates you know don’t have it in them to actually say such things.

28. fedback says:

‘False song of globalism’

‘A champion in your corner who will fight for you’

Legendary stuff already

29. Publius2016 says:

The MSM tries to diminish PEOTUS every chance they get. How many times have they run features on Obama Clinton Kennedy speech writers…as if each word is written by them. With our PEOTUS it’s always someone else’s ideas and words. Donald J. Trump is an American original and he works with the best to get the job done. Once spoken at the Inaugural, these words will become part of President Trump legacy. May they be bright bold and Bigly!

30. Athena the Warrior says:

The winning just never ends does it? I am so happy for Steven and for all of us who get to enjoy his wonderful talents from the trail. An unassuming bad ass. What a team the Trump-Sessions-Miller Alliance has been for America.

31. MIKE says:

If some of the speeches I’ve heard from Trump these past few months, we are in for a treat, possibly historical. Talkin’ goosebumps here.

32. Joan says:

Miller is just really great. And people loved it when he spoke at some of Trump’s rallies. Trump sure can pick people.

33. EveryDayWoman says:

Everybody singly day I wake up thanking God that Trump picked Steve Bannon.

34. justfactsplz says:

I am so happy to hear this news and eagerly look forward to this history making speech. Miller and Bannon, what a team to take this feat on.

35. Boudica says:

I can’t help but wonder…what an inauguration speech for Trump would sound like that was written by Sundance:)

36. Billy Jack Galt says:

Will his Dad’s band play at the inauguration too? …..think about it….. 😉

37. Dr T says:

It’s hard to believe that he grew up in a liberal Jewish family in Santa Monica, California . Just shows that some individuals can see the truth even when they are young ( he was 15 when 9/11 happened and was a pivotal moment in his life as reported ) and even when surrounded by an entire community of liberalism. Amazing speech writer!! A brilliant mind. There may be hope for California after all .:)

38. Steven Miller started his career on a high note defending the Duke lacrosse players: