Sunday December 25th – Open Thread

Merry Christmas

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

146 Responses to Sunday December 25th – Open Thread

1. bkrg2 says:

Merry Christmas to all Treepers! Hope everyone has a safe day and gets their wishes today.

SD – I put a little something in your Christmas donantion stocking. Thank you for everything you and your team do to make the world a better and fair place.

Thank you DJT for making it acceptable to say “Merry Christmas” again. My company brainwashed us into the sanitized “Happy Holidays”, so its been over 20 years since I’ve said it.

2. Timmy-the-Ute says:

3. BakoCarl says:

Finding Your Way

If you are lost and don’t know which way to go,
    Polaris, the North Star, can show you the way.
    When you find it, you’re looking due north,
    And its light can keep you from going astray.

To find the North Star is quite easy to do.
    Merak and Dubhe always point the way.
    They’re the last two stars of the Big Dipper,
    And along their line the North Star lays.

Five times the distance from Merak to Dubhe
    You will find the North Star waiting.
    It’s been sitting there for thousands of years
    For helping you with your locating.

When you are lost, not knowing which way to go,
    Another bright star can show you the way.
    It shined its light two thousand years ago,
    Pointing the way to where the Christ child lay.

Magi from the east followed that star,
    To find and give their gifts to the Child.
    Christ died on the cross to give us His gift,
    That through Him, with God we are reconciled.

Both of these stars guide us by their light.
    Christ came to us shining His light upon men,
    Shining from darkness so that we might believe,
    And live in Him until His coming again.

This world is a world of fear and darkness,
    Of sin and pain, and of evil and plight.
    But, thank God, and praise to Him forever,
    We’re not of this world, we have seen the Light!

4. F.D.R. in Hell says:

5. Dora says:

6. rumpole2 says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS – Treepers

Been there, done Christmas Day yesterday in NZ…….

It’s boxing day…. recovery day… (Cricket on TV for those inclined ) 🙂

Please don’t wake, leave where I am.. I’m only sleeping

7. kimosaabe says:

8. SF says:

I never talked about it for years’: Christmas letter brings happy memories 69 years later
    ‘It is the story of the true meaning of Christmas. It is a story about people, the good of people’

Sixty-nine years ago, a girl from Chatham, N.B., attached a Santa letter to a load of Christmas trees destined for Mississippi.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Villa Matchett was that 11-year-old girl, now an 80-year-old woman. She was poor, as she wrote in the letter, and was asking only for a doll and a few cents. She got a bit more after her letter was read on a Natchez, Mississippi, radio station.

Not only did she receive lots of gifts from the southern community, she was even invited down for a trip. One she took in 1948.

9. Raven says:

Joyous Christmas to my Christian sisters and brothers, and happy holidays to those who do not know the Savior Whose birth is celebrated today.

For 42 Christmases I have made the Christmas cards my husband and I mail to family and friends. Although this is not the same as getting a card in your mailbox, here is my Christmas card to you — my Conservative Treehouse family.

10. decisiontime16 says:

Although it’s been said many times, many ways……Merry Christmas to you!

11. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence as they seek to lead America back to You.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

12. dianeax says:

I’ve had a busy day but can’t let it pass without saying Merry Christmas to all in the tree house! This is my refuge…the encouragement and enlightenment of Sundance and all who reply here who supported my highest hopes and beliefs during both the George Zimmerman trial and the 2016 Presidential election.

I think I’ll be camping out on a limb in this tree for a long time.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Merry Christmas to you, too, and to the rest of the Treeper flock! 😀

This is a special Christmas for us, indeed. As you say, between the Zimmerman trial, when justice itself was almost torn loose from the Constitution, to now – on the verge of a President who obeys that law instead of trampling on it – what a ride!

Speak the truth! Prayer is answered! And Someone answers it!

Merry Christmas, Friends.

13. irenehull says:

Please HELP me solve a problem with the Last Refuge. I have been receiving Last Refuge e-mails since 2015. I recently had a computer problem and when I got the computer back, I am no longer able to receive them. December 25 was the last one and I have been trying for over a week without any success. They are my most important e-mails and I am lost without them.

Irene