RIP George Michael 1963 – 2016

WHAM Singer George Michael had his Last Christmas on earth and found Freedom as he passed away today.  He was 53.  Police say there were no suspicious circumstances. Careless Whispers should be avoided.  Prayers for his Father Figure and family; they Gotta Have Faith and will need comfort.

george-michael-1george-michael-2

The star, who launched his career with Wham in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have “passed away peacefully at home”.

Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT. Police say there were no suspicious circumstances. (link)

george-michael-3

Life In Pictures

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

180 Responses to RIP George Michael 1963 – 2016

1. I feel so cold and sad right now. George lived a rather tragic life, and I sincerely hope that he was/is willing to give himself to his heavenly Father. Such talent will be missed. Last Christmas, A Different Corner, Blue, Like a Baby… so many beautiful songs he wrote and sang, all of them about heartbreak and pain. God have mercy on is soul.

2. should read: “I would agree that those of us who left Hollywood…” or those of us that escaped would be more accurate.

• Janie May says:

I agree with you. I realize during my life I’ve rarely held another human being in such regard as to “worship” them, except when I was a silly teenaged girl and just didn’t know any better.
      There are those that I truly respect greatly, but even those I recognize as being flawed human beings. When these “famous” types expire, I feel for them and their loved ones like I do for all human life, but no more so than for them than for the anonymous homeless, elderly or accident victim. It is sad to see loss of life, but none are more precious to God than others.
      It is appointed to man to die once – it is a fate we shall all experience. The second death is dependent upon man and his relationship with God.

• TheseTruths says:

I don’t know your background. You were part of Hollywood and had a glamorous lifestyle?

3. nwtex says:

OMGosh! Moni!!! Iclicked on the link. I just scrolled down a mit …wasn’t there even for a 30 seconds and I am adtually shaking and there seems to be cold air around me. evil!!!!

4. Wolfgang says:

Thank you Moni for putting things in perspective. The most important and permanent thing we will do in life is die. Let us pray everyday, and with all the strength we have, we encounter the loving face of our Savior rather than the noisome face of Satin and eternal hell fire. Everything in life boils down to this one moment.

5. Joan says:

I was very interested in your comments. I guess I am the only person on the planet who never heard of George Michael but, then, I don’t like pop music. It does seem to me that Mr. Michael had a very sad life in spite of his music success. And I have always respected people who use their real names instead of something made up. It is also sad to see that London and England have gone so low.

6. Ron says:

I hope I never get to the point where I can’t appreciate music… or feel sympathy for someone who passes away.

• pjb535i says:

No one here is suggesting that there is any reason why you should have too.

• truthseekerr says:

Untrue. People are talking smack. Even the headline of this article is questionable.

• People are telling the truth.

• janc1955 says:

Unless there are people here who knew the man personally, no one is actually telling the “truth” – especially about the sudden rumor of his involvement with the occult. Surely all the grownups posting here are aware that celebrities tend to be a vacuous lot outside their own limited genius? To ascribe a lifetime of Satan worship to Michael is quite a stretch.

I believe God created the man, just as He created all of us.

• Wolfgang says:

I am not sure of the specific situation wrt GM, but a little research will show that many actors, musicians, and producers, going all the way back to the 1920s, were and are deeply involved in Aleister Crowley type occult rituals and Satanism. It is no secret really, they state as much in their own publicly recorded statements. If GM was not involved in the occult he would be in the minority in his field.

• janc1955 says:

A little research where? Got links?

• Wolfgang says:

It is always best to do your research, but you can start here…

• janc1955 says:

Wolfgang: I do my own research all the time, so no need to patronize. Who is Dr. Jason Kovar? I just spend a half-hour trying to get some background on the man before I spent another hour and 39 minutes of my life watching his video, and he’s remarkably elusive according to my research. Unless I know something about him, I’m not investing time watching the video. There are nuts and evil doers everywhere, you know … not just in the world of celebrity.

• JJR says:

Ron my like button doesn’t work. 👍 to your comment. Thanks.

7. dalethorn says:

In the early-mid 90’s, a young gay man where I worked had a double-CD of George Michael’s, and he loaned it to me. I didn’t like any of it, although I really like the hit Careless Whisper. That double CD had a booklet with a bunch of photos that made GM look extremely(!) attractive to gay men – a very particular look. Anyway, many male artists who’ve led a gay or bisexual lifestyle have lived a long life, and many have not. At one time in the early 90’s the extreme Leftist radio network Pacifica in California (KPFA and KPFK) ran a program that exposed some of the secrets of gay sex habits as commonly practiced in their communities, and it was very scary. Not just for the sex partners they reported on, but how other persons not part of the core gay communities there would be affected when they had encounters with those gay men, not knowing what their usual practices were.

8. dalethorn says:

Satan usually prefers subtlety, where he can corrupt ordinary people in their daily lives. But when he gets together enough followers in one place, and especially with favorable media exposure, he showcases his program for unifying the world under a more outrageous form of Saturnalia than even the Romans practiced two thousand years ago. I read an article in a fringe magazine about 25 years ago by a Wendy Wallace, describing how and what “Saturnalia” would evolve into under the New World Order, and it is hard to comprehend the depths of depravity that people can descend into when certain cults gain political power.

9. So, the man had a good voice. OK, sorry for his family. Having said that, he chose to live a dangerous lifestyle in both homosexuality and drugs. He brought this on himself, IMO. “Heart failure” is caused by many things and this is simply obfuscation as to the true reason for his death. I would much prefer seeing an article that talks about my fellow vets who lost their lives on the same day as this “singer.” THEY put their lives on the line for others and deserve the accolades being directed at this……entertainer.

10. disgustedwithjulison says:

NebraskaFilly – no doubt there probably isn’t a person here that doesn’t put our vets in front of virtually every Hollywood and music industry “icon”. However, one way or another, these icons have also left some fond memories of times past – may have been a first date at a movie, a first kiss to a song, something that got you through a tough time. I always enjoyed GM, as I did Prince, as I did Queen/Freddy Mercury, as I did David Bowie…etc. Musicians/artists tend to be tortured souls – their personality qualities of creativeness and artistic genious also leads to habits that can and often do shorten their lives. Reflecting on how they touched are lives is OK. My GM favorite….Outside….written as satire after his problems in an LA public bathroom. RIP George M.

• TheseTruths says:

You make good points about the personal impact certain songs can have on people’s lives. That said, I played a little of the video and wondered if I was hearing right, so I researched the song. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outside_(George_Michael_song)

“The song was seen as a fine self-deprecating public relations exercise by Michael, as it was the first single since he was arrested for engaging in a lewd act six months earlier by an undercover police officer in the public lavatory of the Will Rogers Memorial Park in Beverly Hills, California – an incident which prompted him to declare his homosexuality, which had been rumoured for some years but never confirmed.[1]

“Michael took a swipe at the incident in the lyrics, claiming he wanted an alfresco sex life because he was bored with lovemaking behind closed doors. Reference to the Beverly Hills affair came with the line ‘I’d service the community, but I already have, you see’ (he was sentenced to 80 hours of community service for the offense) and direct samples of radio reports of his arrest.”

I’m sorry for his death, but I just don’t find anything to celebrate in this.

• disgustedwithjulison says:

Who was celebrating his death? I alluded to your research in my original comment – a low point in his life I am sure. Most of George Michael’s songs were around sex. Let those who haven’t sinned in any way cast the first stones. Otherwise, appreciate that we are all imperfect in many ways and the only One in the last 2000+ years that was perfect we crucified. I appreciated the good that George Michael brought to this world and enjoyed dancing to and listening to his music (note – I am also a closet fan of Madonna’s music…despite not liking many personal traits of hers).

• TheseTruths says:

My comment about celebrating did not refer to his death, but the content of that song.

Your comment about everyone being imperfect is true. One doesn’t have to think they’re perfect to have a negative opinion of that song and the events surrounding it.

It seems you enjoy his music and are affected by his death, as are many others, and I have empathy for his fans, friends, and family. I’m sorry he died at a relatively young age. I was not a listener or devotee and, having just learned some things about his music, I find the little that I know to be contrary to the values I hold or that I would like to see promoted. It is somewhat jarring. To each his own.

11. TheseTruths says:

Thanks for the lnk about occultic symbolism in the Olympic ceremony. Before I was aware of the entertainment indistry’s and NWO affinity for the occult, years ago, I sensed something “off” in most of the Olympic ceremonies and was very uncomfortable watching them. (I no longer watch them.) So many of the celebrities that people hold in high esteem are caught up in and promoting the occult. It is very serious and not to be taken lightly.

I’m sorry about the death of George Michael, but the most tragic thing about it is his occult involvement. It needs to be reported equally with his career accomplishments.

12. Please don’t desicrate his name with allusions to Wham 😉

13. carterzest says:

He did an incredible job on this one.

Not my hero, but lots of musical respect given to him.

Here’s another incredible tribute he did.

Performances kinda like the Heart Sisters (Wilson) covering stairway to heaven.

Not my deal, but lots of friends liked him back in HS. Funny thing in retrospect, all were either Female or Now gay. I’ll admit, I was an all out ROCKER 😉 but, despite that, Careless Whispers is in my life top 100 soundtrack.

14. Stephen says:

You supposed conservatives and Christians and conservative Christians, with your high praises of this man, are a hoot!

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

No one in the Christian or Evangelical population ever thought Michael was one of us. He was a known gay, liberal and he appears to have died from drug complications. But he did know how to make music that appealed to the masses, and to do that it has to have a positive message. Michael used Christian messages , but his life style betrayed the message. Believe me Evangelicals knew his lifestyle. I never thought much of his music other than it was catchy.

• Menagerie says:

You actual Pharisees tossing stones are always a hoot too.

15. nwtex says:

I was crazy about a romantic song Sam Smith did not long ago. And then there was talk about when he was receiving an award for it at the Grammys or some such event and in his acceptance he thanked his homosexual lover for breaking up with him because without that heartbreak the song wouldn’t have happened. That was the end of my enjoyment. It’s simply a visceral reaction. And I shut down.

So when hearing of G. Michaels illegal, kinky homosexual behavior in that public bathroom it was adios for me. And now to see that he apparently thought that incident was funny I’m disgusted! Doesn’t he realize there are children that can be influenced by him. That’s pretty callous imo!

16. nwtex says:

I supposed the official cause of death will be released in a day or two. Those millions upon millions of people that made him who he became (success wise) deserve to know the truth.
    All the ridiculous speculation is rude. I’ve heard 3 causes so far.

17. nwtex says:

George Michael’s secret acts of extraordinary generosity revealed after his death – they’re bringing fans to tears
    27 DEC 2016

People are now sharing the stories he humbly asked them to keep quiet