It is being reported that South Carolina congressman Mick Mulvaney will be chosen as President-elect Donald Trump’s person to lead the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).

Normally I can find silver linings within selections; this one?… not so much.

Yes, Mulvaney is Freedom Caucus member, and perhaps you can say he’s generally sold as a fiscal conservative.  However, his prior underhanded dealings -with the promotion of the scheme within the House of Representatives to push the hidden amnesty agenda- has forever tainted any positive attributes that may have existed.  SEE VIDEO:

mick-mulvaney-1

This congress critter is a GOPe Decepticon; a “bad hombre“.

Not trustworthy.

If a person was to drain the proverbial swamp, there’ll be that remaining bile. The pus excretions from years of rotting maggot ridden boils amid the infested carcases of the UniParty.  The stuff that creates the worst possible stench; the Ebola virus is sanitary by comparison. Well, it’s in that toxic mixture where you find the genesis for the DNA strains that make up Mick Mulvaney’s character.

There are many who are less prone to the severe aversion I carry toward this slimeball.  So for the sake of avoiding disunity, I shall digress from further commentary – and just pray I’m wrong…

But, I’m not.

a-prayer-for-times-like-these

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, media bias, Tea Party, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

287 Responses to Ugh, Bitter Pill, Not Winning – Report: Amnesty Advocate Mick Mulvaney Possible OMB Selection…

1. G3 says:

I have to wonder why Kellyanne would contact Jim Acosta?
    He looks rather bitter tonight on twitter at the Orlando rally.

• SharonKinDC says:

Trump has crossed swords w/ Acosta in the past, iirc. (Might have been the Judge Curiel thing?) Wonder if they needed someone in the MSM to put this out there NOW for a reason?

• trog says:

It is profitable to remember that PEOTUS Trump has never had and never will have a “honeymoon” with the MSM, UniParty, ProgLibs, or anyone else hovering around the Washington DC blue glow bug-light. If he installs this character into the OMB, he has a very good reason for doing so.

2. citizen817 says:

Until I hear this from PE Trump, I will reserve an opinion for later. CNN has been fake news forever, Why should I believe them now?

3. angryduc says:

Mulvaney is GOPe thru and thru. He is an opponent to putting United States citizens first. Given the slant of several of the picks, it almost looks like they plan on streamlining immigration not shutting it down. I haven’t heard a peep about any legislation designed to stop companies like Disney from continuing to sell out Americans for the India slave class H1B visa scam. I hope I am wrong but the leadership in power give me zero confidence this will occur.

• Not true at all, he listens, to us, and sense that report we blasted him into next week. He know’s the budget like no one. And will be hard to find anyone that votes like he does. That’s our worry.

• There’s no one better than Mick Mulvaney to show his 50 minute video’s on how bad our budget really is. He’s my congressman, we worked hard to elect him against Spratt that never did anything but bring home the bacon. Mick told everyone in the 5th district that they’re will be no bacon coming home for you. I may not agree with him on all issues, but I can tell you, he votes like we want him too and always listens and responds to our questions. We blast him when he deserves it and he never has a problem with that. I know him personally. Don’t post things that aren’t true Sundance.

• Has anyone ever experienced Mick’s Budget profile on the big screen? We have, all of us that worked our asses off for him. He’s wrong about immigration and he gets to the whole picture. We have people that won’t work because they make more on welfare…. you think Mick doesn’t get that. He is the best at math and what is happening with out debt. I wish him the best of everything, because he is spot on. He told people in line waiting to talk to him to not believe in anything the government was handing out.

• sundance says:

Are you related to Adam?

• I have no idea who Adam is, Sundance, but Mick is the only one to get our budget on track. I’ve never posted here before, but I had to this time. You are just plain wrong about Mick. When it comes to our budget there’s no one better! And that’s why Donald J Trump will pick him. We already knew that about him.

• DallasMatt says:

I sure hope he can point out the reckless spending – you still need to get Congress to stop borrowing. On the Immigration thing, here in Dallas our County Hospital property taxes (for illegals) is larger than our Town property taxes…..Build that wall dammit!!!

• Adam Kinzinger (with two “n”s) is a Congressman from Illinois. That’s just one letter away from Paula’s last name, and of course South Carolina is right next to Illinois, so obviously the likelihood of Paula being some kind of GOPe hack is practically 100%. Right? Right, Sundance?

Sheesh. Good grief.

• Mick gets it, and I personally have talked to him about Islamist and Refugees. We have here in the 5th. Districk about the most educated people on the subject. We fought it at the local, State, and Federal Level. You have no idea what we have done here. We work are asses off and I resent, anyone who says otherwise.

• NoOneButTrump says:

Paula, thank you for supplying first hand information. Sounds like this is a good fit. I trust Trump and I’m tired of all the hand wringers. Good for you for speaking up. I hope you can get someone good in to replace him. Thanks for working hard for a candidate you support.

• Mick Mulvaney is a Math guy. The guy is real. I don’t like people making up stuff about him. Ok, he’s a bit on the libertarian side, thinking we have workers here that can’t hire people that are Americans. My husband runs into to daily! It’s the Welfare State! Mick, understands this.

• Cow wow says:

Paula, so glad you have kept the faith and kept his feet to the fire! I know you have worked like mad to keep him ‘informed’…I can only imagine 😀
                  Thanks from a fellow Facebook friend

• got243kids says:

Paula Kinziger; I can’t thank you enough for your input on this subject, it is invaluable.

• Charlie says:

Would love to be a fly on the wall when Trump talks money and budget with these guys, nobody would get a fast one by on DJT. Paul Ryan etal has their hands full, no more lying/fudging or simple stupidity when it comes to fiscal matters : )
                  Laughing each time he tweets, we the American people will be informed first and he trusts we can handle the truth! We ARE the respected class.

• Whatevv says:

What Mulvaney ignores is a fatal math problem with massive immigration from Mexico that’s related to elections. Mulvaney’s very welcoming approach would shift future U.S. elections irreparably toward the leftwing socialist direction.

This is already happening, and Democrats will no doubt make efforts to shift more and more Mexicans into states Trump won closely (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc.) so that it effects the electoral college vote to a greater extent than this recent election.

Even if amnesty doesn’t happen, the fast rate of anchor babies the illegals have here will likely be overwhelmingly politically left-leaning when they reach voting age if we continue giving them automatic citizenship – not because of any Republican rhetoric, but because families from Mexico and Central America most often favor big governments and welfare state policies.

The amnesty favored by too many establishment R’s would only accelerate this already-existing trend.

To stop the leftward march, we’d really need a combination of a full complete tall border wall, plus no amnesty ever, plus serious deporting, plus an end to the anchor baby citizenship law.

Unfortunately, the GOP is mostly open borders and on the opposite side of every one of those issues. Mulvaney’s little speech in that video above us essentially surrender to the leftists. It reminds me of open birder Rick Perry saying people “have no heart” if the oppose in-state lower tuition rates for illegals who are college age.

• squid2112 says:

Paula, thank you so very much for chiming in here. I do not know much about Mick Mulvaney at all, and I am trying to learn. I am trying to personally assess whether or not Mick is a good selection for this position. You have provided invaluable information for me to that end. I cannot say it has solidified my opinion, but it certainly gives me more information to digest, and for that I very much thank you.

TRUTH ALWAYS WINS!!!

• angryduc says:

The islamist and refugee’s aren’t our only problem. We have 100 million people out of work The GOPe is importing low wage workers for jobs that require an education. Our children who we send to college and go into debt for cannot compete with the incentives that favor migrants from India and Malaysia. That is only half the problem though. They get preference not only at job hire but their children go to school at first preference for entry. They are hired at first preference based off of “minority” status. How in the world would you think we could have so many people in congress and governor ships from these countries? Each then redefine “conservative values” to open border nonsense.

That second sentence to the preamble to the constitution was written for a purpose.

“secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity”

Our children are to inherent this country by design. This country wasn’t ever intended to be the empire of the world. We declared Independence. <For a reason

Social ideas about religious social welfare have nothing to do with our elected officials upholding their oath to our people. Not the world. These same ideologues attempt to define conservatism for us, while they topple governments across the globe. Nothing could be less freedom oriented and nothing could be less American.

• don welch says:

reasoned post. your reference to the preamble is particularly timely and makes sense when considering building that wall.

• SteveInCO says:

Very minor, minor nit in what was otherwise a very good point made, the phrase starting with “secure the blessings of liberty” is part of the FIRST sentence of the Constitution. The preamble is one long sentence (without being a run-on), writing which just doesn’t happen today.

• val477 says:

What are some of his budget proposals like?
            What has does he think about entitlement reform?
            How much spending does he want to cut?
            Do you have any links to the videos?

I can’t imagine anyone beating Rand Paul in terms of budgets and spending cuts like he proposed in 2013 – cut $9 trillion over 10 years. This country needs at the very minimum, at least to cut $5 trillion over 10 years.

• WJ says:

After watching 30 seconds of this POS GOPe clown pontificate on illegal immigration I became so outraged I had to turn it off. He slams Rep. King from Iowa and panders to the Hispanic lobby.

I want to grab him by the lapel and ask him why he thinks importing illegal aliens will make the GOP more popular with American citizens of Latino descent.

I never would have tolerated my GOP rep talking like this and I would not have sat in this diner and took the load of excrement he was spewing.

• Whatevv says:

True, Mulvaney is pro-amnesty and open borders, along with also a depressing portion of Trump’s other hires so far: Mike Pence, Rick Perry, Nikki Haley, etc. – and the awful-in-many-ways Carly Fiorina “reportedly” now bring considered.

This doesn’t have to mean any of the hires will be able to change border/immigration policy in the jobs to which Trump hired them – but it’s still a sign that Trump apparently doesn’t consider it a big flaw that someone is pro-amnesty and open borders. Sad!

• Paul Killinger says:

Much will become clear on Jan 21 and soon thereafter. I take my man at his word when he says, “I will never let you down!”

• Deb says:

We don’t need more legislation. We need to enforce the laws that are on the books.

4. LBB says:

On a personal note- Sundance, is the poem freshly written by you? Can’t tell you how much it reflects many points I have lived with my journey with God, but especially during this campaign year.

My best friend of 30 years told me right before election day that she found out she had ovarian cancer. She had full hysterectomy the week before Thanksgiving and just started the most aggressive form of chemo yesterday & today. Has been a trying 48 hrs for lots of reasons.

Lots of heartfelt discussions, but she wanted to know why I could tell God was involved DJT’s journey and she couldn’t. Good Christian woman that needs to be enlightened about truth and where we can find it.

I am sending her your poem . It will mean a lot to her & I . Where we have been, where we are, and where we hope to be in the future. I pray God heals her. I want her here , but I also want her to witness MAGA.

Thanks for being you. LBB

5. Sa_Bi says:

Sundance:

Thank you for offering criticism when you feel the need to do it.

• Okeydoker says:

SD is absolutely correct. Any amnesty dirtbag deserves NO position in the govt regardless of their qualifications. Amnesty is so corrosive to the country that any supporter thereof is permanently disqualified in my opinion. Trump should not hire any past amnesty supporter. None.

• Sentient says:

OMB has nothing to do with amnesty. This pick bothers me less than allowing John Bolton anywhere near State, although I admit that most here would consider me weak on amnesty.

• KitKat says:

I noticed that DJT’s rhetoric regarding amnesty changed almost immediately after KAC joined the Trump campaign. Within a very short time he said in a speech the exact same ambiguous thing that Cruz had always said on the trail, not giving a definitive answer, but that the first priority was to build the wall and decisions about what to do about everything else would be made after that.

• KitKat says:

It may have been in an interview, not a speech.

• Whatevv says:

I agree with you that it’s troubling, but I’m pretty sure Trump had already been saying it before the Conway hire. It seems to me Trump has been passive-aggressive on the illegal immigration topic all along during primary season – tossing some nice sounding words about they-have-to-go-back when he needed to appeal to the base during early debates or rallies, but then “softening” it at other times.

It just seems like a much bigger thing than being caused by Conway … the pick of pro-amnesty Mike Pence for VP instead of someone anti-amnesty like say Lou Barletta or Duncan Hunter is another example … and now Mulvaney, Rick Perry, possibly Carly Fiorina …

Even though better than anyone else who ran, Trump’s presidency has a big risk of caving in on the amnesty issue, which is why it’s important that the base not “shut up” and refrain from complaining about any hires or decisions – as some of the cheerleaders keep saying we should.

• KitKat says:

I challenge you to find any statement by Trump, post convention, where Trump said anything against amnesty, as he did during the primaries. After KAC joined the campaign, his line on amnesty became, not that people would have to go home and go through a process. Instead, he started using the exact line that Cruz had used: First, build the wall, secure the border, and then the amnesty question will be discussed after that.

• yohio says:

Kit Kat then who is Trump referring to when he has repeatedly said they would have to leave and come back through the big beautiful door? You know he’s not talking about the drug dealer and criminals. So who do you suggest it is, other then those here illegally? Trump has repeatedly said no Amnesty and if he breaks that promise he will not win in 2020, if he disappoints on immigration he’s no better then the GOPe.

• KitKat says:

I have always interpreted the big beautiful door, as being the same big beautiful door that is open now and always will be to worthy LEGAL immigrants, like Melania.

• KitKat says:

Why in his general campaign did he not say one single word about them having to go back and go through a process?

• yohio says:

You’re interpreting it to people coming in, that’s fine but you know it was described by Trump as building a wall, illegals leaving and coming BACK through that big beautiful door. As far as proof of No Amnesty after the primary I believe you to be wrong and he said otherwise at some rallies but I’m not going to go through all the rallies to search and it’s only my belief he said that during the General and KitKat you could be 100% right that he never mentioned it after the primary. I reiterate this though if he disappoints on Immigration he will lose tons of support and becomes no different then GOPe.

• Helen says:

Below is PEOTUS Trump’s campaign immigration plan. We always need to hold our candidates accountable. Otherwise, the swamp is not being drained. I want him very much to drain the swamp and not break promises due to being a negotiator. I hope for the best.

DONALD J. TRUMP’S VISION
              o Prioritize the jobs, wages and security of the American people.
              o Establish new immigration controls to boost wages and to ensure that open jobs are offered to American workers first.
              o Protect the economic well-being of the lawful immigrants already living here by curbing uncontrolled foreign worker admission so select immigrants based on their likelihood of success in the U.S. and their ability to be financially self-sufficient.
              o Vet applicants to ensure they support America’s values, institutions and people, and temporarily suspend immigration from regions that export terrorism and where safe vetting cannot presently be ensured.
              o Enforce the immigration laws of the United States and restore the Constitutional rule of law upon which America’s prosperity and security depend.

Donald J. Trump’s 10 Point Plan to Put America First

Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.
              End catch-and-release. Under a Trump administration, anyone who illegally crosses the border will be detained until they are removed out of our country.
              Move criminal aliens out day one, in joint operations with local, state, and federal law enforcement. We will terminate the Obama administration’s deadly, non-enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam our streets.
              End sanctuary cities.
              Immediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties. All immigration laws will be enforced – we will triple the number of ICE agents. Anyone who enters the U.S. illegally is subject to deportation. That is what it means to have laws and to have a country.
              Suspend the issuance of visas to any place where adequate screening cannot occur, until proven and effective vetting mechanisms can be put into place.
              Ensure that other countries take their people back when we order them deported.
              Ensure that a biometric entry-exit visa tracking system is fully implemented at all land, air, and sea ports.
              Turn off the jobs and benefits magnet. Many immigrants come to the U.S. illegally in search of jobs, even though federal law prohibits the employment of illegal immigrants.
              Reform legal immigration to serve the best interests of America and its workers, keeping immigration levels within historic norms.

Read More on Donald J. Trump’s 10 Point Plan to Put America First, here.

Read Mr. Trump’s Remarks in Phoenix, Arizona, in Mexico City, and at the Remembrance Project Luncheon.

• KitKat says:

I challenge you to find one single time where he said no Amnesty during the general campaign. Since I heard him recycle Cruz’s line early in the general, that the Amnesty question would be settled after the border was secure, my ears have been very alert to that particular theme. Granted I have not heard his every single word and I could be wrong, but I’m not wrong about his borrowing Cruz’s line early on, after Cruz was out.

• Sue in MT says:

Sundance, your role as information guru, research genius and at times, Devil’s Advocate, is invaluable. Even when readers disagree with you, it sparks a vigorous debate where lot’s of untapped new info comes out about the subject that wouldn’t be revealed otherwise. Thank you for this forum, and keep on keepin’ on!

6. NJF says:

I love the idea that this is a way to get him out of congress and then make a big deal out of firing him.

As always we will have to wait and see.

7. Archie says:

I work for the federal govt and OMB is undoubtedly the most powerful organization in the government with regards to effects on other federal units. When they come a knock’n on your door you don’t shut it in their face. They have very long arms and are interested in everything. OPM puts out operating instructions and interpretations that every agency must follow. They could easily interfere with immigration activities.

8. sunnydaze says:

Ok. Just read that this news is via CNN.

Until I hear it from another, MUCH more reliable source, I’m gonna forget about it.

Cuz this Mulvaney guy sounds like bad news.

9. The Recent Republican says:

And Nancy Loomis’ character Sandy once said in John Carpenter’s The Fog —

“Not a good sign.”

10. Llyod says:

I think he is getting the snakes out of the congress and putting them in a position that they can be watched. Keep your enemies closer indeed.

11. Just Scott says:

IiRC, Senate has to confirm OMB Director.
    What appointments are Dems going to fight the hardest?

12. Yep, not a good guy. BUUUUUUT…..

Handling the OMB, his job is to manage the budget developed by the Trump Administration. It’s an executive management job over numbers. Its sole mission is to advocate and manage the budget.

Secondarily it works with Congress in representing the Trump Administration to Congress in executing the President’s budget. Again not a policy job but executing job.

Meanwhike, Mulvaney is out of Congress. He has no role to play on immigration, borders, amd national security. He has no role to play on distributing money and favors inside Congress. Instead his relationship is now leveraged to solely push forward the Trump agenda.

Not bad after all.

• squid2112 says:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think this is something for people to strongly consider. He would be in charge of the OMB, not in charge of immigration or anything else.

If this guy is truly a rockstar with OMB, what the heck? .. I don’t give a rat’s rump what he thinks about anything else. Let the guy kick ass with our budgets. Go Mick!

• Well, guys, go back and review what “Archie” said above, towit. “OPM puts out operating instructions and interpretations that every agency must follow. They could easily interfere with immigration activities.”
        My experience with bureaucracies tells me that ALL control of any enterprise rests with these hidden, non-sexy, non-celebrity bureaucrats.

13. By placing this vile man in an executive position where he reports to, and can be fired by, the Chief Executive, President Elect Trump is removing a dangerous– but very effective man– from Congress– the arena where he is dangerous but very effective. This is the second move along that line with respect to SC, a very GOPe state (the first being exiling Haley to the UN while adding a conservative to the Governorship she will be vacating).

I think it’s a brilliant move, actually. President Elect Trump is removing Mulvaney from an arena where he was been very effective in promoting globalist legislation, and placing him in a position where his fiscal conservative skills are the only thing he will have going for him.

Sundance, you once wrote to the effect that “What you know, Mr. Trump knows.” I think President Elect Trump is keeping his friends close and his enemies closer.

Have faith, sir.

• redlegleader68 says:

If this is the case, then the additional upside will be everyone accepting such a position must sign Trump’s contract preventing them from lobbying of any kind for 5 years after leaving office + lifetime for Foreign Governments. Just a thought here …

• TJ Watts says:

Mulvaney also has an eye on the Governor’s office in SC. This will help McMaster in 2018, keeping a Trump friend as Governor. It also saves those of us that live in SC from the prospect of Mulvaney becoming Gov. In the near future. Thankfully!

14. Sandra says:

Well the one thing (maybe the only thing) Mulvaney got right, as highlighted in the Frontline documentary, is that he recognized that the GOP needs to be more appealing to hispanics. But pandering to illegals is NOT the way to do it. Trump is doing it right, appeal to hispanics (and everyone else) by offering more and better jobs and fewer regulations to make starting and running businesses easier. We have plenty of legal hispanics in the US, why on earth would Mulvaney think it’s necessary to appeal to illegals?

• The Recent Republican says:

“Trump is doing it right, appeal to hispanics (and everyone else) by offering more and better jobs and fewer regulations to make starting and running businesses easier.”

Precisely. If you appeal to Americans as a single body, the rest sort of falls into place. Focusing on different racial identity groups careens headlong into the Democrats’ playbook. And they have become experts in how to win at that for decades. Hell, they wrote the rules and change them at will.

• sundance says:

That’s a throwaway post. DNI has no role other than to appear on talk shows. No actual staff, no operational roles, etc…

DNI is like a Tea Kettle in a breakfast buffet line.

• NoOneButTrump says:

Sundance, I respectfully disagree. The DNI controls the budget for the entire Intelligence Community. That’s all IC agencies. Compared to OMB, the DNI has real power to decide, with the President’s concurrence, of course, how much money will be allocated to each agency and even to individual budget line items.

• andrewalinxs says:

Thanks to a certain law specifically The Impoundment Control Act of 1974. Congress mandates what must be spent and how in all budgets, DNI just makes sure the checks get sent to the right place and offers suggestions to Congress when they put together the budget to be voted on.

• andrewalinxs says:

I should clarify, Specifically DNI must spend the money how congress says it is to be spent in the Budget. Unless the President asks congress for approval to amend the budget which is almost never even voted on let alone passed. So no DNI has no real control over the budget they only monitor the money spent and make suggestions to congress.

• sunnydaze says:

If it’s true that it’s a “Talk Show” position only, then Fiorina truly is perfect.

She talks a great game, every time.

• Mick is not a thowaway man. He’s a Math guy and totally gets it. Anyone that had the joy seeing his math charts would blow anyone away. Funny how people that really have real ideas about much of anything can blame someone for so much. If there was ever anything Mick was for that I was against… I would’t be the only one… I can tell you tell that. We know Mick, and worked our asses off for him. And would do it all over again. Sometimes people are just plain wrong.

• 3x1 says:

Fiorina has a disastrous record heading up companies.

DNI Clapper is certainly mucking up the works by blowing off the House Intelligence Committee over the Russian cr@p.

Fiorina would be a disaster pick. Seriously. Just incompetent. This guy for OMB I’ll give a chance. Fiorina the company wrecker? No way at all. Ugh.

15. psadie says:

The one person who keeps coming to mind is SENATOR JEFF SESSIONS. The bond between him and Trump is “very tight.” Trump speaks very lovingly of him like a brother. I believe that Sessions is Trump’s “guiding light.” He knows everyone in Congress and I think Trump is relying on him for advice, direction, and strategy. I feel better when I think of him being there for his guidance and knowledge.

• Indeed. Senator Sessions knows Congress inside and out.

While much of the country, the UniParty, and MSM are fixated on nonsense about “muh Russia” President Elect Trump is taking advantage of his enemies’ own smokescreen to is maneuver quite skilfully around them. Every Uniparty Globalist that President Elect Trump selects for a subordinate role in the Executive branch he is actually removing from Congress, where they are at the height of their power and from where they could be formidable enemies, and placing them into unfamiliar territory where they will be completely subordinate to the President.

By appealing to their egos, President Elect Trump is getting his most powerful GOPe enemies to voluntarily resign from their positions of power in order to work for– and report solely to– him. I can imagine President Elect Trump asking Senator Sessions to identify the most effective globalists are in Congress, and then “hiring them away from the competition” as he said he does in the “Art of the Deal.”

Trump is using the unprincipled nature of the Left to co-opt very powerful leftists. Remember the flap over Kellyanne Conway? She may have been a Cruzbot and all other sorts of nasty things. But she has done a knockout job for the campaign and the transition.

Candidate Trump stressed this consistently throughout his campaign, usually in the area of trade negotiation. He called them “horrible people” that “you wouldn’t want to have dinner with.” But he also said, “but they are the best at what they do and I am going to put them to work negotiating for us and our interests.” (“Quotes” are approximate.)

Keep the faith and pray for our President Elect, Vice-President Elect, their families, our country, etc.

16. Keln says:

Well my friend, look at it this way:

Consider Trump’s picks so far. They have not been meaningless.

So if he makes a pick that seems “off”, consider that the pick itself is not the target, but that someone he didn’t pick or some other consideration was.

As in, he wanted to remove this “slimeball” from something else, or to put him under his thumb some how.

I don’t purport to understand everything Trump does, but so far everything has been pretty brilliant.

10^1024 Dimensional Interglactic Chinese Poker.

• rsanchez1990 says:

If there is something Trump wants Mulvaney out of, I don’t see it. He’s only chair of one subcommittee in the House. As far as Congressmen go, his seat seems rather minor to me. Was he in line for chairmanship of the Financial Services or Small Business committees? Does his removal allow a more Trump-friendly rival to rise up through the ranks in the House? Would be interesting to get a better idea of ulterior motives behind the pick.

17. oldschool64 says:

Well, I can’t say that this enhances my opinion of Mulvaney…

18. Alison says:

Sundance – you were definitely not ‘totally wrong’ about the election!! Every single tripwire you wrote about proved true ( sometimes eerily only a few days after you wrote ‘watch what they’ll try next’). None of us would have been nearly as effective at our own friends/family ground games without your astute analysis & predictions.

If Mulvaney is chosen & turns out to be wearing a black hat, we’ll kick him to the curb & keep his coat! If it turns out Trump is leveraging him, we’ll grin & win.

19. rsanchez1990 says:

I’ll admit complete ignorance of what the OMB actually does, so I’ll throw this question out there: what, if anything, can Mulaney do as head of OMB to advance the amnesty agenda?

If there’s little he can do with that office to advance the amnesty agenda, then I hope all the people who say he’s very fiscally conservative and will bring the budget under control are correct.

If there is something he can do to advance the amnesty agenda, then we need to keep a close eye on this guy.

20. Rex Brocki says:

The only reason I can see to hire this guy is to follow the old advice: “A King should always have at least one extremely unpopular minister, that in time of need he may be fired to placate the mob(!)”

21. val477 says:

Looks like he got the endorsement of alot of Republicans and conservatives. Even Jeff Sessions supports him for the job.

“Trump would be making the right choice if he brought Mulvaney into his White House to run OMB, Sessions said, adding:
    I have known several heads of OMB’s, up to and including one of my very dear friends, Jimmy Nussle, and one of my friends, who is Rob Portman, who served over and around there–I just want you to know, Mick Mulvaney will bring not only conservative credentials, but he’ll bring hard work and being a smart guy–we will miss him tremendously, but the advantage would be to the American public and confidence that he would bring to an important job.”

The article also has some information on what the OMB and its director does, such as “go/no-go authority over all federal regulations on behalf of the president.”

• yohio says:

This should make me feel better I respect Sessions a lot but it doesn’t, evoking Portman as a reference just kills it.

• Gotta admit, if America’s Senator Jeff Sessions likes him for the job he can’t be all bad!

• Sherlock says:

Sessions is the only guy in the Senate I trust, and always have. Doesn’t mean I agree with every detail of every policy he favors, but I certainly listen when he speaks. Further, I’ve never known Sessions to lie, about anything at all. If he says the guy would be good in this particular position at this particular time, that means he believes it. Which means I tend to believe it as well.

22. Texian says:

So a guy that is not trustworthy to the core philosophy of the team will have access to cook the books?

23. Summer says:

Folks, do you realize that by now Trump HAS PROVEN BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that Republicans don’t need to pander to illegals in order to be elected. He certainly tried to appeal to “hispanics” but it had nothing to do with amnesty and open borders. He also appealed to the blacks and it had nothing to do with handouts and blaming cops for their misfortunes. He found the right formula.

I am pretty sure we won’t hear the “republicans need amnesty to win elections” argument from the “conservatives” in the observable future. The argument will be more likely along the lines of “think of the children.”

I know that several Trump’s nominees’ views on immigration could be characterized as unacceptable. As a matter of fact, every one of them has been closer to Ryan than Trump. Hell, with a few notable exceptions, every TRUE conservative ™ is for various forms of amnesty.
    I am a hardliner and anything short of 100% deportation is, in my opinion, unacceptable so I understand the frustration.

But these highly accomplished individuals were not selected because of their views on immigration or social issues. They were selected for the specific set of skills they possessed. They were selected because they were the best in their field of expertise. And perhaps for the reasons known only to Trump and his most loyal lieutenants.

President Trump is a pragmatic man who, contrary to popular belief (as per MSM), does not let his emotions interfere with his business decisions. He is a true Leader. People he selects will do as he says and will be happy about it. They will perform admirably. If they underperform or try to sabotage the agenda, he will fire them. I am pretty sure they know that.

So, my point is don’t get your knickers in a twist, trust your leader.

24. R-C says:

Okay, so I went through two weeks worth of reading the caterwauling over the ‘fact’ that Mitt Romney was going to be the SecState pick. We all know how that turned out.

Until Mr. Trump officially announces an OMB pick, it hasn’t been announced. Period.

25. fedback says:

If Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions believe this man is the right choice for the job, that’s all I need to know

26. Regarding illegals, amnesty, throwing them out. It’s the money.
    If you have 25-35 million people with fake or stolen SS #s paying into SS and not taking out that is a huge slush fund for the politicians to steal. If that $$ stopped the whole program would collapse
    Jus sayin……

• don welch says:

always follow the money. not quite sure it’s that big of number yet but your point is dead on the mark.

• redlegleader68 says:

Yea, but they are taking the money just from a different bucket. Remember, all SSAN $$ now flow into the general fund which gives Congress the ability to direct it in any way the like; let’s see: how do you say welfare for illegals? Healthcare anyone? etc. The idea that they pay SS is one very big straw dog set up by -at least- the GOEe and their fellow travelers, the Dhimocrates. The do get the $$ back, it’s just called by a different name.

27. NYGuy54 says:

28. JoAnn Leichliter says:

Mulvaney is simply wrong about a lot of things. He was angry with a colleague and took it out on his constituents. Apparently he had no clue who perpetrated the cantaloupe caper, but he probably needed to look no farther than one of his fellow House members (possibly a Republican). Just how these cantaloupes magically appeared will forever be a mystery, right? He incorrectly assumes that his constituency is racist, homophobic, etc. and addresses them according to that false assumption. Laboring under the equally false assumption that “Hispanics” and “African Americans,” represent some homogeneous, indivisible voting bloc, he waves the flag of despair. Perhaps the election of 2016 has taught him something. Perhaps he has abilities that suit him well for directing the OMB, and if so, more power to him. At least he won’t be insulting his constituents any more. I hope.

• Summer says:

He did not “take it out on his constituents.” He was delivering his misguided comments in front of his party’s elected and unelected officials, as was stated. I saw Sanford in the audience. He represents my district.
      That gathering happened way before this election season.

29. Patriot1783 says:

PE Trump Just made public the nomination.

30. SouthCentralPA says:

Does anyone from SC know if there has been a primary challenger in that district… ? This sounds like a good way to get him out of Congress (not as good as Ambassador to Malaysia, but he might not have accepted that) and get somebody that will be an immigration patriot in there…

I remember that Frontline ep. Does anyone from SC have a sense that Mulvaney’s some sort of a true open borders believer, that he’s in the pockets of the orchard owners, or that he just swallowed the Democrats’ “you’ll never win again if you don’t” disinformation and is otherwise solid?

(It’s always amazed me how many “open boders” supporters have locks on their doors.)

31. joninmd22 says:

The real question is why should we have to look for silver linings in Trump’s selections? If Donald Trump is having a problem with remembering who brung him to the dance maybe he needs a reminder.

Puzder is an open borders advocate for low wage illegals taking American jobs. Why should he be rewarded as labor secretary?

The lack of interest in pursuing charges against the Clinton’s cannot be reconciled with the democrats attempts to steal the election and delegitimize a Trump administration , no matter how ludicrous thos attempts are.

I’d rather not be skeptical but neither will I drink the Kool Aid.

• joninmd22 says:

And Fiorina should be nowhere near the Trump Administration.

• kathyca says:

I see this as possibly similar to Trump’s candid acknowledgement that he basically bribed politicians like Hillary Clinton because it was what you had to do to be successful in the Swamp environment. That corruption is part of what he wants to change. You won’t be able to buy Trump because he doesn’t want or need your money and won’t take it to advance your agenda.But when he wasn’t in a position to change the game, he played by the rules. Puzder is a businessman just like Trump. He undoubtedly played by the rules in place for the benefit of his business.Now the rules are changing and he will play to win under the new rules.

I’ve long felt that Trump’s way of #MAGA will be to make sure #MAGA is in the best interests of everyone. That way, they will come along. His strategy is brilliant, imo, because it is the ONLY way to overcome the impact of decades of illegal immigration/anchor babies and a disloyal populace full of rage directed at America. We were RIGHT ON THE BRINK with nearly a majority favoring an anti-American agenda. The only way to prevent us from going over the edge in the short-term is to bring ALL people back to patriotism. And the way to do that is to make sure everyone who is here legally loves America. And the way to do THAT is to make sure everyone feels what #winning is like.

32. Joe Dan's cousin says:

“Sundance ” Could he be picking these people
    from S C so they can be replaced with allies.?
    Maybe we are going after Miss Lindsey ?

33. mdt123 says:

does OMB have any direct dealing with immigration?

34. Joe Dan's cousin says:

Niki & Mickey it’s almost like the start
    of a joke. Let’s not get to excited & wait
    for the punchline.

35. Joe Dan's cousin says:

I’m not sure but I think I read
    that about Niki Haley here.
    I don’t read comments anywhere
    else.

36. RECONSIDERATIONS on Mick Mulvaney for OMB

Trump’s pick of Mulvaney might serve what others above have mentioned:
    • Remove him from opportunities to advance Amnesty
    • Remove him from supporting other GOPe Agendas
    • Replace him in Congress with a better Trump Agenda advocate
    • Tap his Budget-Balancing passion and skills to produce quick outcomes
    • Leverage his GOPe relationships for Budget-Reduction improvements

I oppose Amnesty and any actions that enable Illegal Aliens to “jump the line” ahead of Immigrants who are following the rules to wait in line.

Assuming that Mulvaney’s conservative constituents correctly believe that he is genuinely committed to responsible budgeting, is it possible that he’s never envisioned a President Trump, whose leadership, dealmaking and innovation could overcome Republicans’ Demographic Electorate Disadvantages without “caving to illegal immigrants”?

Is it possible that Mulvaney (like many of we Treepers) could not have envisioned how Trump is turning an Electorate Impossibility into a Reality:
    • Massively multiplying American Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
    ○ Creating immediate jobs through Infrastructure Reinvestment
    ○ Bringing America’s exported Factories and Jobs back
    ○ Making America the most hospitable country for Foreign Investment
    ○ Repatriating American Companies’ Foreign Profits
    • Winning Blacks through Urban Development that delivers jobs and safety
    • Winning Hispanics by multiplying Infrastructure Jobs and keeping a continuing Invasion of Illegals from taking their jobs from them and suppressing their wages
    • Winning Women who want affordable Healthcare for their families, full-time employment for themselves and/or their spouses, and sufficient incomes to enable one spouse to raise and even educate their children at home

Is it possible that President Trump has recognized that America cannot successfully solve the Illegal Immigrant problem unless we prevent two DISASTER SCENARIOS:
    • An instant “mass exodus” of illegal aliens – whether actively managed or passively induced – could multiply “SWISS-CHEESE JOB VACANCIES” that disrupt operations of businesses and even industries so quickly that they drive widespread bankruptcies and Citizen Unemployment.
    • A “mass return” of illegal aliens to Mexico could destabilize the country, leading to civil war, the fall of the Mexican Government, the creation of an enclave for Terrorists, and/ the opportunity for China or Russia to launch a Rescue Mission that gives them a massive beachhead to tap natural resources throughout Latin and South America.

I believe that non self-serving Republicans who consider the above possibilities will wholeheartedly support President Trump in leading a TRANSITION PROGRAM to RESTORE LEGAL IMMIGRATION:
    • IMMEDIATELY limit H1B Visas to 6 months and require employers to train American Citizens to replace H1B Workers within that period.
    • END continuing additions to the Illegal Immigrant Invasion.
    • CONCURRENTLY deport Criminal Illegal Immigrants.
    • THEN induce the most-recent Illegal Immigrants to return home to “get in line”.
    • ULTIMATELY enables and incentivizes Unemployed American Citizens to replace Illegal Immigrants who were wrongly given American jobs, until the supply of jobs exceeds that supply of workers – at which point we expand immigration quotas.