Texas Hat Company Makes Commemorative President Trump Cowboy Hat…

Just in time for Christmas if you have an extra $2,800 for that special cowboy in your life, well, there’s a first-edition Texas cattleman’s style Trump cowboy hat available:

trump-cowboy-hat-2

TEXAS – It was through acquaintances that [American Hat Co.] was asked to make Trump an authentic cowboy hat. Mundee said Trump, during a campaign stop recently, had mentioned the quality of Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller’s cowboy hat. Treasure Maddox, daughter of American Hat Co. owners Keith and Susan Maddox, and her significant other, Andrew Graves, are acquaintances with Eric Trump, Donald Trump’s second oldest son.

It was after the night of the Nov. 8 election that Eric had asked if American Hat Co. could make a custom hat for his father. Soon after, the manufacturer was at work getting measurements ready as well as the materials befitting the president of the United States.

“It morphed into now we’re making hats for Eric, for Don Jr. and for Mike Pence as well,” Mundee said.

Mundee said the Trump family requested a light-colored hat versus black, so the manufacturer went with a silverish tone. The material is a mixture of beaver belly fur and mink, making the hat soft as silk. The crown, or top of the hat, is done in a cattleman’s style. He said this specific style of hat is widely known as the finest in the cowboy market.

And it’s not just the material that American Hat Co. uses that puts their stamp on the product. It’s also the gold foil stamp on the inside band that also illustrates its quality, as well as the Keith Maddox mark of “KM” on the brim of the hat. The hat retails for about $2,800.  (read more)

trump-cowboy-hat-1Baby Newt

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Treehouse Tips, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

151 Responses to Texas Hat Company Makes Commemorative President Trump Cowboy Hat…

1. kinthenorthwest says:

So Sundance —You getting one—For you sure deserve one…

2. Pam says:

Nice, really nice but I don’t have that kind of money. haha

3. Stephanie says:

Love it! And the color shows that he stands with the White Hats,,,,,,His winning the presidency is the best early Christmas present

4. Can I get a yee haw!? 😉

5. ST says:

Viral Live Feed – The Cards Against Humanity Holiday Hole

ps. Would you consider adding CC to your blogroll?

6. India Maria says:

I know Trump is born and raised in Queens. But he is ALL TEXAN!

7. imatexan says:

Proudly made in Bowie, TX, my hometown! Bowie is located approximately 80 miles NW of Fort Worth & 50 miles SE of Wichita Falls on highway 287. Even though I now live in East Texas, I’m glad the spotlight shines on this small town with a population of 5,200.

8. KitKat says:

I can’t wait to see Trump wearing it.

9. Well, let us all just hold off a bit and be certain our trust in Trump is genuinely earned. After all there are some very troubling bass notes thrumming through in the form of sirs’ Priebus, ever snake weasel Rommney, Gingrich; and Ms. Conway, DeVos.
    We may very well have been the mark for another agenda burried in NSA-intel land.
    I sincerely did think Pres. -Elec. Trump was on the up and up…until the Priebus appointment.
    In Trump I think I may be able to trust….but one more Romney mention or a slight of Sarah Palin (who made the awakening shots ring for many many of us) by failing to bring her into the cabinet…
    Tooooooooooooooooooo much Machiavellian nonsense or as the so called ¨educated¨ phrase it PSYOPS not enough honesty. Keep It Simple Stupid wins everyday in everyway. One only needs to mean what one says… or say nothing at all!!
    Still one hell of a nice ¨go to hell¨ hat!!
    semper fi

10. Sam says:

Good for American Hat. The cattleman or rancher style is an iconic Western hat. I can’t quite see Donald Trump in a cattleman hat but I’m sure he’ll manage to make it look good.

I have a Stetson silverbelly rancher hat but it sure as heck didn’t cost $2,800! The higher the x number the better the fur the hat is made from. The white and silver hats get dirty quick, too, so they are for dress-up occasions. The gray, tan and brown ones are worn for work.

• joshua says:

Borsalino hats…with a Western Crease…sold a TON of these in Texas in the 1950s…popular for those not pretending to be a cowboy or County Sheriff…..and NO ONE pays $2800 for a real Western Hat unless they are “light in the loafers” or what we call a Drugstore Cowboy……somehow this is NOT my idea of Trump the President or Eric the son…..too much like selling a hat collection for my sensibility….moving right along toward MAGA and if Trump wears a baseball cap, he looks authetic…..even Sheriffs and troopers in the South with western style hats look a tad goofy.

• John Galt says:

I have a 4x Beaver Stetson Silver Belly W2100 Rancher. Worn maybe twice, worth around $100 on Ebay. I was always awe struck as a kid by Texans who came to hunt deer and elk with a fortune worth of gear. I used to think that everybody from Texas owned oil wells.

• Sam says:

John Galt, it’s like that in Colorado and Wyoming too, with the oil well owning dudes (in the cowboy sense) buying guided hunting trips. They arrive with thousands of $$$ worth of stuff and very expensive long guns.

• MaineCoon says:

For special occasions? Like an Inauguration?

• Les says:

Cattleman is technically a crease, the hat is a western style hat. Cattleman’s crease. My dad always wore a grey Resistol 6x western with a cattleman’s crease and the front/back bent to keep the rain and the sun off. Back when hats were worn for work…

11. Sam says:

By the way, George W. Bush had cowbow Texas style even if he was and is a globalist.

12. Alison says:

I love this gift for President Elect Trump. His billionaire blue collar persona is every bit as American-authentic as a Texas wrangler in a cowboy hat (sans the mink!). In my happiest moments I see this election as bringing forth so much appreciation for the best, beloved Americana that has bound us for generations from Appalachia to the Plains to Coastal Waters. #MAGA

13. nimrodman says:

I suggest they make a bunch of ’em in white, y’all

14. TwoLaine says:

Barron is gonna’ need one too. 🙂

I love this story! #MakingAmericaGreatAgain one cowboy hat at a time! Great American craftsmanship. Good for Eric!

15. bessie2003 says:

It would be nice to see the ladies also have hats, Mrs. Trump, Mrs. Pence and daughter Ivanka too!

16. yohio says:

Jerry Jeff Walker Texas Legend, plays the man in the big hat. Notice the nice white cowboy hat.

17. joshua says:

NOW, here is a RETAIL price for a regular American Hat…and that is expensive for a Cowboy Hat..jes the facts:

Product Name:
    American Cowboy Hat 10X Fur Felt – Silverbelly
    Item Number: 10XAMERSB

PRICE: $299.00

18. joshua says:

Here is the story about these American Hats and their customers and the stores that sell and custom fit them for customers….good read.

• MaineCoon says:

From the article, “One hundred years have passed since then and American Hat Co. has continued its legacy through its motto, “Proud to be an American.”

PE Trump will wear this hat well! MAGA!

19. BobW462 says:

Ted is jealous, and now he wants one just like it. He will supply the pelts… Canadian beaver. /s

20. kinthenorthwest says:

Ot a bit but had to share

21. Honest Abbey says:

I love, Love, LOVE the cowboy hat, but I’m also picky, Picky, PICKY and there’s an error in the gold foil monogram.

There should not be a comma after “President” -but, for the sake of argument, let’s suppose the comma is acceptable. Then there needs to be a space after the comma and before “Donald” – but there’s not.

For the price of the hat, there should be no room for mistakes!

Made in the USA should stand for PERFECTION!!

Go ahead, beat me up if you feel compelled to do so.

• Honest Abbey says:

I may have to drop the hat company an email because I see they also neglected to put a space after the comma in the date.

In the article it says the gold foil stamp stands for QUALITY. It also says this hat is going to be toured around before it is presented to President Trump, so maybe they will want to correct these errors first.

• scott says:

Screw the corrections. Trump isn’t perfect. His hat not being perfect is fine by me.

• KitKat says:

No, Trump is not perfect, but in the youtube video about Trump and his airplane, what is outstanding is how he has a team of people working 24/7 to maintain every detail of the aircraft in “mint condition” . That is how his father taught him to take care of things. All his properties are maintained in a similar manner.

I think it would be good if they could correct the errors. At that price, the product should be perfect.

• Honest Abbey says:

“Craftsmanship” seems to be a lost art……probably because people are so willing to settle for less.

Might as well make it in China, right? [Rolling Eyes]

• KitKat says:

You were very observant to note those errors, and if they could be corrected it would be great. After you pointed it out, the comma stood out like a sore thumb.

• Honest Abbey says:

Hi KitKat, The comma practically jumped out and smacked me in the face! I just couldn’t ignore it. 😊

• georgiafl says:

American Hat Company makes gorgeous hats, but they are not grammarians. They really need to consult an editor for their commemorative hats.

I have a daughter who was an English major and punctuation Nazi! Man, I hated having her look over my typing…. very painful indeed.

• I saw those, too, Abbey, and totally agree with you! Everybody needs an editor!

• JSBachLover says:

That comma annoyed me too. Strange and unnecessary. I’m an editor, but it ought I give pause to anybody educated past junior hgh.

• Alison says:

Those are Common Core commas. They’ll be corrected by 2020 when Trump gets a 2nd inaugural commemorative hat & our education system has been reformed (a girl can dream…)

22. FLOTUS Melania #1 Fan says:

Everybody loves hats!

Warning: Super Cute!

23. MaineCoon says:

Made In The USA! MAGA!

24. Ploni says:

Should be discounted at least $800 for that superfluous comma.

25. rebel53blog says:

I’ll wear my Charlie 1 Horse hat to the Inauguration on 20 January 2017. Yee Haw

26. keebler AC says:

It’s not a grammatical error. The space after the comma on the engraver would be too large a gap because you can’t typeset it in picas like you can on a printer. Notice there’s no space in the date either. It looks fine to me, just like what I see on engraved items. It’s not text in a book or letter.

• Honest Abbey says:

Hi Keebler, The comma after “President” should not be there, but since it is, there should be a space after it.

You can typeset to reflect proper English…..look at the “period” after the initial “J” and the beautiful space between that and the name Trump.

They need better quality control. Those hats cost a small fortune.

27. pattyloo says:

very cool hat. feeling cautiously optimistic that we will see Pres. Trump inaugurated 1/20/17. The Hillbots are definitely trying to stop that from happening. I know Pres. Trump is smarter than them, but the problem is they have so many appointed judges and state and local officials that they can manipulate. I intend to keep being positive and talk about how great it is that Mr. Trump won, but I know there’s danger of more fraud to change the election results.

28. Martin says:

After all, you can’t be all cattle and no hat…

29. Texian says:

My family has been in Texas since The Republic – and my favorite hat is a Genuine “Buccee’s” (It’s a Beaver!) $29.95 cowboy hat. Great for round ups, tractoring, cuttin’ rugs – it does it all..

30. Keln says:

Just in case anyone was wondering, here is how a cowboy hat is made:

I absolutely love watching people work. Especially people who are good at their jobs and proud of it. There’s nothing more American than that.

31. Richard_Iowa says:

Twenty five years ago in Texas I bought a Resistol hat. I think I paid $125 – 150 back then. Nice hat. Don’t wear it much but keep it covered. Also got a fancy pair of cowboy boots. Don’t mess with Texas.