Veterans Day…

veterans-day-2016

About Patriot Dreamer

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.” ~Ayn Rand *************************************************** In the battle between good intentions vs. unintended consequences….UC always win. ~Sharon
Image | This entry was posted in Bumper Stickers. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to Veterans Day…

1. aredtailblog says:

Thank you to our veterans. Including my late grandfather, a veteran of WWII, and my stepdad who served during Vietnam.

2. Darrell Richardson says:

Today is the best Veterans Day I have had since becoming a vet 6 years ago. My family has fought for this Republic and the freedoms therein since the Revolution. We fought in every war every skirmish and every expedition. I myself have fought in 3 wars and multiple tours in every one of them. I did this and firmly felt the same as my ancestors did. It is a tremendous privilege and honor to serve for those who cannot or do not and to sacrifice so others do not have to. That being said this is the first time I have felt my country truly honors that sacrifice for it is the first time I have seen my fellow Americans rise up for what I believe in and sacrificed for and that is the fundamental values and core beliefs that we Americans hold as those truths our founders wrote down in black and white so many years ago and that is our freedoms. Freedom from government overreach and the beginings of tyranny. I never doubted you but I did doubt your willingness to make the needed stand to reject the trampling of our Constitution. The left has trampled it for decades and never checked or called to account I am hopeful that those days are over for good. I will end this by simply saying love your country it truly is special and worthy of the sacrefices to ensure it remains always free. Honor those of us that have bled and suffered by respecting our Constitution and the symbol of our freedom the American flag because men and women every day die for it so that you may enjoy live free and pursue better life. Teach your children the same and those that disrespect our founding values and traditions because they have never known nor have they ever been taught the errors of their ways. Be there for one another and love each other because there are those whose names you will never know that loved you enough to die for you.

3. redlegleader68 says:

Special day for very many of us, and oh so special for those remembering those now gone. I would like to Remember my Grandfather (Army-WWI), my Father (USN-WWII) and my son, USAF (Active Duty).

I cannot thank all of you who have offered thanks for my service. Frankly, I did no more than any of us, looking only to protect our Country. Gladly would I answer that call today.

Importantly, on these occasions, I always look to “The Wall” and to my Brothers and Sisters who answered our Country’s call, rightly remembered as Heros. In particular, please allow me to Remember my best friend, CPT John J. Wilson, USA, 101st Airborne. KIA 12/16/1970 [Panel 06W – Line 126]. Rest in Peace, JJ.

4. Calivet says:

To all; “you are welcome”; it was and honor to serve. A thank you to my fellow vets for keeping the faith!

5. dogsmaw says:

Avenue of Flags slated Veterans Day in LC
    Last Modified: Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:15 PM

Special to American Press
    Orange Grove-Graceland Cemetery, on Broad Street, will display the Avenue of Flags, now in its 32nd year, on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11.
    The flags will be raised at sunrise and will be lowered at 4 p.m. Visitors may tour the Avenue of Flags on foot or in their vehicles.
    The Sons of the American Revolution Oliver Pollock Chapter started the project in 1983. The display has grown from 50 flags to nearly 1,000.
    Each flags represents a veteran and is the official “casket flag” presented to the family at the funeral. Each flag is numbered, and information about the veteran is catalogued for reference.
    The families have in turn loaned or donated the flags to the SAR for use in the display. The Avenue of Flags also features replicas of eight previous U.S. flags.
    Scouts, service members and volunteers from patriotic groups erect the display each Memorial Day and Veterans Day each year. Local dry cleaners donate their services to clean the flags as needed.

6. Have Gun Will Travel says:

Hooah!

7. Mike says:

Today is an interesting day, my wife of twenty years asked the same question she asks every year. “Why don’t you take the day off, you earned it?” I’ve never had an answer for the question. I just keep going to work and trying not to think about it. One of these days I’ll have to come up with a good answer and take the day off.

My family has made a multi-generation commitment to this great nation since its before its founding. I served eleven years in the United States Army, my brother fourteen. My father another fourteen or so in the U.S Air Force. Three of those years in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. My father’s brothers all served in various branches of the military service during WWII, Korea and Vietnam. My grandfather’s fought in WWI and WWII respectively. I can keep going back but you get the idea.

Our generational commitment will be upheld by my son and nephew and probably their kids If I had to guess. We are the true “One Percent.” The “one’s” that serve generation after generation.

On this Veteran’s Day I think about my family and the sacrifices that we and those like us have made. We gave up our life, liberty and freedom so that the rest could have theirs.

“Lest We Forget”

8. Summer says:

9. LONER says:

Lost both grandfathers to WW1. Dad and all my uncles were in WW2. Was raised with stories about the Yanks who came up to Canada to fight before their country finally joined in. Dad and my uncles always said we owed the them a debt of gratitude for coming up and putting their life on the line. I did what little I could to repay them. In march of 68 I went to see the Marine recruiter in Buffalo and enlisted for three years.(By the way, he told me the Marines were filling their recruiting quota along the border 100% with Canadian volunteers 🙂 ). Survived the enlistment and returned to Canada and served in the army, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes till I turned 50 and had to retire. Celebrated my 241st birthday last night and paid my respects to the vets of the free world today at the local legion.

Was steered to the treehouse by a poster on Breitbart(the trolls vexed me there). I was 100% behind Donald trump from the get-go but, as a Canadian I felt I had to be very circumspect in my comments, so actually wound up mostly lurking and made only a few pithy comments. Stayed up to watch the election and after his acceptance speech I began to surf Youtube and watch New Zealand and Tongan Marines doing their HAKAS. Good warriors them.

Will be turning 70 in a month and once January 20th 2017 passes I will be at peace with the world.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Thank you for your service to our country. I had no idea we had Canadians volunteer. I knew about Americans volunteering in Spain in ’36 and with the RAF and via Canada in WWII. Touched that others came to serve with us. Appreciate you and your countrymen.

10. Pam says:

11. Scrapiron says:

USMC Veteran 1973-1980 lifelong conservative, Christian and for the first time in a long time I am proud of my country. While eating breakfast today I was dressed in my US Marines shirt when another couple came over and took the bill out of my hand and said ” May we please pay your tab, thank you for your service.” I was heartened and felt a new day has dawned in America. God bless America and our President-Elect and Vice President-Elect Trump/Pence.

12. zephyrbreeze says:

Grateful that my son made it back with two purple hearts, and only limited hearing loss. At 28 he has grey hair. He’s happy to be alive too. He did his part.

13. Bree says:

Went to visit my dad in his home. Took him an Army flag and thanked him for his service. Told him I loved him and will always be grateful. He’s a Vietnam vet with dementia. Thanks you all for your service!!!

14. Lucille says:

REMEMBERING THE OATH
    Watch this short video featuring five veterans here at Hillsdale College. It’s a powerful reminder of the solemn oath everyone takes when they enlist.

15. My son called today from Travis AFB to inform me that here in the last year of his contract hes being deployed. (His previous time was spent defending bases in Korea and Japan) so far it appears those shipping out are going to Iraq or N. Africa. Seems to me somebody is trying to protect their legacy. I hope to God he doesnt go until after 1/20/2017.

16. B Woodward says:

Patriot Trump has done more to save this country than I did in the US Army Infantry. Anyone who says that Mr. Trump has not sacrificed anything for this country doesn’t have a clue.

17. wtd says:

We enjoyed an evening meal at a diner today with my youngest son and his girlfriend. Surprisingly the dinner conversation concentrated on stories about our military, current and past, and how each of us held certain acts of heroism cherished in memory of those who fought – some died – some survived with ungodly injuries.
    I placed a fresh new flag out today to replace the flag which has flown on my front porch since 9/11…in honor of our veterans as well as their loved ones who sacrifice much for us.

18. Katherine McCoun says:

Thank you to all who shared your stories of personal &/or family military service today.

19. JAS says:

God bless each and every one of them for their service.

20. justfactsplz says:

Thank you to all of you veterans who have served our country. We the American people owe you much gratitude. Tomorrow I will watch our Marine Corp friend ride on one of the floats in our small town’s parade honoring Veterans Day. I will think of all of you again then.

21. A thank you to all veterans for your service and the defence of our freedom. I had 2 grandfathers that served.

To all who serve us now in defence of our freedom and liberty. Thank you, thank you.

And to Him who gave His all so we could be free and fully alive. Jesus