Cliff Notes – Post Election Night Thoughts…

Here’s some quick thoughts before going to a much needed power nap:

Donald Trump suitRegarding Wall Street Tremors – Remember, it was Donald Trump who personally requested the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act be put into his 2016 platform.

The implication/undercurrent of that alone, is a foundational principle of President Trump.  Main Street will be put in front of Wall Street.

Don’t be surprised to see the Secret Service moved back into the U.S. Treasury Dept.

White Hats within every governmental institution now have leverage over their Black Hat supervisors.  Anticipate the stories of massive amount of corruption beginning to surface with this paradigm shift.  FBI leaks could increase exponentially. The document shredders in DC will be working overtime.

Doubtful Paul Ryan will continue to be Speaker of the House.  Anticipate a cabinet position, Treasury Sec. offering or similar down the road.

There are no IOU’s on President Trump’s desk.  No executive branch leadership in our lifetime has ever taken office with less owed to anyone, except the American electorate.

The influence of Tom Donohue and the U.S. CoC is essentially nil.  That irrelevant lobbying means many K-Street offices are going to be tumbleweeds. etc.  TPP is solidly defeated.

Megyn Kelly’s contract negotiations just lost 30% of their value.  Corporate U.S. media influence and affluence is about to drop by similarly staggering proportions.

President Barack Obama will enter into private negotiations with President Elect Trump.  Hillary and Bill Clinton will find no defender within the Obama administration.

Specifically because of the manner of campaign, President Elect Donald Trump holds all the leverage over the remaining relationships within the GOP.  He hugged Reince Preibus up real close and comfy-like to ensure this outcome.  It was simply brilliant strategy.

The entire political era of Romney, Bush and Clinton are kaput.

More later…

trump and sessions

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

658 Responses to Cliff Notes – Post Election Night Thoughts…

1. Richard_Iowa says:

Ahhhhhhh. Music to my ears, and soothing to my soul.

• aqua says:

I especially appreciate that note about how Trump comes in owing no one. He can appoint people to positions based on their actual experience and knowledge, imagine that. He can be blunt and tell people when they are blowing smoke.

And in return, the real patriots in the FBI, the Secret Service and elsewhere can speak up, investigate crimes and help make this country truly great again.

This is an historic election. And it’s all just beginning. We know Trump and Pence work incredibly hard, and that right there is going to be a shock to the Washington insiders.

• Glass Stegal is huge, it worked for 65 years and prevented the bleed over – People do not realize how important it is to separate investment banking with retail banking.

• BigMamaTEA says:

WHUT?!!! I hope that work ethic is contagious! Our elected officials spend at minimum 30% of the time they are in DC each week, fundraising for the “Party.” (That’s if they want committee assignments, etc. It’s the Boehner way, which was the guy before him, and before him, etc.ect

DRAIN the SWAMP! If they went back to attending to only the things they are allowed to in the Constitution, there would be no need for a full-time Congress.

2. “The entire political era of Romney, Bush and Clinton are kaput.”

(and hopefully the Obama legacy as well)

In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. AMEN!

3. teajr says:

Love it, Thx SD/ CTH gang, for all your skills and efforts, as well as the rest of the. Being able to point others to your site has been of tremendous value to our Movement 🙂

4. Moogie says:

Thank you Lord for your people who love this country!!

5. lo says:

Good riddance!

6. Nick says:

This morning I shed a tear reading a victory article. I think it’s just sinking in what Trump really achieved here. This will go down in history.

• Garrison Hall says:

The Monster Vote was real. I strongly suspect there was a lot more voter fraud than will be admitted to (the slowness of the vote counts being a probable example). But voter fraud tends to work best in very tight races and less well when the numbers more distinctly define the candidates. I think Trump understood this from the first. He knew he needed a substantial partisan vote to offset the customary voter fraud in the key states. He needed our numbers and just enough showed up to make the critical difference. GO TRUMP!! 🙂

• mariner says:

I believe this is why votes so far show much less Monster than we hoped/expected.

• skifflegirl says:

The slowness in calling certain states points to regional ‘fixers’ watching how the returns tally up so they know how much to stack the Hillary vote. They got away with 120% voter turnout in 2012, but that won’t fly in 2016 with Donald Trump. I would not be surprised if Trump won California. Every single thing with the Clinton’s and Democrats is a big lie.

• Sherlock says:

I live in CA. It is far worse here than you think. This state just elected a commie to the US Senate, further left than Boxer or Obama, by an overwhelming majority–and she was running against another lefty, no republican even made the runoff! There is not a single republican here–NONE–holding statewide office. The dems have a near supermajority in the Senate and Assembly. No, Trump did not win CA. We have to be a little real about this stuff to be taken seriously.

The camaign understood the futility of trying to compete here–the campaign didn’t even make phone calls into CA. HOWEVER, CA volunteers, I’m proud to say (and I was one of them) made calls to battleground states for weeks, recruited other volunteers, and sent bodies to Nevada to knock on doors. So, we under siege here did serve, but no way did we have the juice to deliver CA.

• skifflegirl says:

I live here, too. Native Californian. I understand that this state keeps electing loonie commies and that Republicans have abandoned us, completely abandoned us. But I still believe that, like Illinois, it’s due to massive corruption of the election process. Yes, the idiots who have invaded this state have ruined it, but it used to be the state that, in my youth, gave America Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. California is quickly turning into China: either you’re wealthy and enjoying yourself or you’re barely making it and are being absorbed into the permanent underclass. I believe – and I could be wrong – that the pendulum has swung so far left that this state is ripe for a correction and the main thing standing in the way is the rampant Democrat voter/election fraud.

• Nick says:

Same in my Blue state out on the other coast. These states became solely blue only when the GOP leadership in them was bought off by the same elite who owns the Democrats.

7. Watch all the weasel-rats in the GOP wing of the Uniparty. They’ll start kissing butt & groveling to be part of the power-stream of Trump. This will be our superficial evidence that Trump now has leveraged their traitorous butts.

I realize that Trump will need to work with them, but me: I WILL NEVER FORGET the establishment, the Uniparty or the NeverTrumpers. But Hoorah for Trump having leverage!

8. moray watson says:

I wonder if Obama still plans to live in Washington until his daughters graduate high school? Hmm?

9. I have been sitting at my computer scrolling CTH for 6 hours~!!
    I have gotta get up and plan some sort of dinner for the peeps!
    It has been such a fun ride, friends!!

10. Thank you, SD for sharing your skills in this forum, pure Grace.

Amusing, so far, not hearing/reading much about conservative internet sites playing a role in the Trump win. Seems a forced exclusion.

G*d bless what the Founding Father’s gave us, a free press, freedom of speech…….

And, thank you to the many commenting with great care & Grace. For your wisdom, and much dry humor.

• BigMamaTEA says:

tara, who cares about internet blog sites?! We all do, and Trump does. That’s all that matters to me. Personally, I prefer to work “underground.’ That works to our advantage. (Some of the Uniparty and talking heads think they got rid of the T.P/9-12, etc.) Hellz no. We went underground, and have been networking for years, and that turned into the Monster Vote and they still haven’t figured out what happened yet.

11. Old fogey says:

Many thanks to the Treepers who kept the faith through all the difficult moments and to Sundance for his brilliant analyses as the process rolled on.

12. anthonydog says:

Corruption has consequences…We can not simply pretend the lawlessness that has swarmed the country, redistributed our wealth to our enemies and the Intel that was sold did not happen or it will begin anew when the left rises. Sins must be atoned for ….

Remember this list and let the lawlessness from the IRS, Justice Department, FEC, State Department, CIA, Defense Department, Congress, EPA, Banks, SEC, Federal Reserve, the corrupt media and the White House must be answered for…We must abide by the law. And those who broke the law must pay the price for their lawlessness.

Clean house. Fire all. Rebuild with the understanding that there are and will be consequences for lawlessness.

The speeches today were of a let’s move forward moment…No. The investigations must commence.

IN CASE YOU NEED A REFRESHER: A CLINTON-SCANDAL PRIMER – ClintonKaine 2016

• Sherlock says:

The only way she should not be prosecuted is if she stands before the nation, admits all of her crimes in detail, names her co-conspirators, and returns every cent she amassed. That might satisfy enough people to let her off the hook. Absent that, let the investigations go on as long as necessary to bring her and her cronies to justice. We must respect the rule of law.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Absolutely not. Do you have any idea the scope of the impact of the information she has allowed to be breached on her server? A server designed to keep her from being held accountable to the law? And that does not take into account the fact she sold access to the US gov’t, to bad actors, and that she cost Americans lives.

NEVER. If I am the last American standing with a raised fist and yelling out “Lock Her Up” I will stand yelling it until my last breath.

• SteveInCO says:

I’d be fine with “try her, and upon conviction drag her out into the street and put a bullet in her head and let the corpse rot right there.”

Even vultures would turn their beaks up at her.

• ChiefWorm says:

Hey J.J., I’m standing there with you. I however only wish to “Lock her up” until the trial is over and she is sent to the gallows. Her bone deep evil should not be allowed to steal our oxygen for one minute longer than necessary and I for one refuse to budge on this. The U.S. Taxpayer should in no way have to pay to feed, house, secure or provide health care to her for her crimes against our nation or the lives lost through her incompetence. As Mortimer Snerd said in the 1981 movie “Heavy Metal”, “hanging’s too good for him, burning’s to good for him…” The depths of my loathing of her knows no bottom.

• anthonydog says:

WikiLeaks Email Ties Apparent Clinton Pay-To-Play to Port Canaveral Deal with Family of Saddam Hussein’s Nuclear Mastermind – Breitbart

Sweetheart Deal Handed Port Canaveral’s Cargo Container Terminal to Family of Saddam Hussein’s Nuclear Mastermind – Breitbart

• BigMamaTEA says:

YEA anthonydog! Did you see it on WND last week? Everybody has it, but even though it fits right now, the Election has swallowed up press time.

• anthonydog says:

Yes. Plagerism from our article on the 16 month investigation. . Appropriately answered to WND. Trump had the info from the original authors —

• BigMamaTEA says:

okay, anthonydog, WND did not plagiarize. I’ve been linking that article to all kinds of different writer and authors, trying to get some friction going. That is a big story, and of course, with even the Clinton’s involved……… I’ve been emailing with the authors too. Mary told me that they communicated with Trump’s attorney; but not sure which one.

Now that the election is done, it frees up some more time for me, and I plan on hitting all sites-including Sd again and any author an/or reporter that’s legit. (There’s a whole book’s worth of all ready done research over there.)

So, from now on, no criticizing articles. We’ve got to start the whirlwind some how, and you do that by getting more and more to write about it. {grin}

13. Bob says:

Good bye Obama and the Obama political appointees. The arrogant head of the IRS and the Treasury Dept. GO !!! Clintons out forever close the door behind you (after you return the things you have stolen over the years and Bill don’t forget your sex toys). Chelsey leave Washington and NY and disown your corrupt father in law!!! Hope the son is not like his father.

14. andi lee says:

As if “eating crow” were enough…

… and, not done with you yet, Senator Flake. You, Sir, have much to answer for. Many lives have been harmed by your willfully greedy neglect of your constintuents.

Wikileaks in 3, 2, 1…

15. wondering999 says:

Have been thinking about the suggestions to donate to the Treehouse. People, put out a reminder in the coming week. I can’t do it today, but will probably send in a donation later in the week. The Treehouse has been a potent antidepressant during some fairly depressing news cycles. Can’t thank Sundance and the Mods enough, and I should definitely donate, at least as much as one doctor’s visit! You’ve given me so much more over the past months! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. And I’m looking forward to more honest reporting and analysis. I come here to find what I need to know

16. El Torito says:

I think Obama has a unique pathology where he needs mutate the history of the USA. He’s really acted like this is his superpower to re-write and erase our heritage as he sees fit, imo. My pride in this country feels as though we took that back last night. All that’s left now is for Barry to fully realize that he will not write his own history book. No more “I have a pen…” – DJT ripped that pen out of his hands last night.
    I am so happy today – many battles and wars ahead, but I still feel like the poison of Obama/Clinton started to drain today. Gonna need a bigger catheter though…
    Not gloating, just very happy for our USA and happy to be allowed to cohabit in the Treehouse.

🙂

• Jimmy Jack says:

I am still gobsmacked by his whopper revisions history lie that Muslims played an important role in founding America and were part of all early American history moving into the 1800s and beyond. This is fantasy, pure imagination. Unless he meant as pirates which he didn’t.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Hey, El Torito, sometime when you’ve got some spare time, go find some of the vids of Obie and the Mooche when they were campaigning in 2008, and really listen to the words they speak. (don’t get distracted by the hand movements and the side to side rhythm of Obie!)

They told us then who they were and what they were going to do. (It’s amazing>)

17. Peter B says:

“No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that’s in the right and keeps on a-comin’”
    Captain Bill McDonald, Texas Rangers

Trump kept on a-comin’.

18. barton2016 says:

Arrest Soros, Bush and Clinton. First 100 days.

19. joshua says:

For the first time in my adult life I am disgusted with our govt and our media but am proud as hell of our fellow vulgarians. Nice to share the basket with ya’ll. 😄

20. valheisey says:

I was checking out the down ballot wins for my state (Florida), and I see that Charlie (I can’t decide which party I will run with) Crist has won US House seat District 13 St. Pete as a dem which was held by Jolly (R). He won with 52%.

Also, Whats-her-name Shultz was reelected in District 23 (Miami area) with 57%.

Crist is a weasel and has always had ambitions for the White House. Whats-her-name was implicated in the Wikileaks revealing the corruption in the Dem party when she was chair.

These 2 have to go in 2 years. Maybe WS will be found guilty of a Federal crime and has to resign. Then Governor Scott could appoint someone else. Crist just needs to be beaten.

Based on the slim margin that Trump won in Florida and assuming that is because there was rampant fraud, could it be that these two jokers won their districts because their “district votes” were not offset by statewide votes?

21. Steve says:

Does anybody know what happened to the Monster Vote?
    The popular vote totals were less than 2012!

• Maquis says:

Fraud. They dare not deny the EV’s, but they then whittled the numbers down to minimize Trump’s mandate. This must not go unpunished.

My dentist claimed today, whilst I could not comment, that Trump didn’t even get half the Republican voters! She also stated that the vote totals matched and it was mere fate that Trump won. I may invest in straight-jackets…

• Jimmy Jack says:

I hope they do an audit of the machines. I believe this is exactly what happened. Even if Trump’s numbers don’t add up to the number of Republicans who voted – neither do Hillary’s. The only thing that explains that is vote shaving – counting each vote as a fraction of a vote.

22. Patriot Mike says:

This is a great song to celebrate our victory and lift us up moving forward.
    Hero by Madison Rising

23. bkrg2 says:

Possibly the most uplifting post i have ever read!

24. Jimmy Jack says:

This is also a key as to what might happen post election – apparently Hilary blames Comey and OBAMA for not doing more for her. How will this play out, especially now that he knows it???

• Patriot1783 says:

With the Clinton’s always someone else’s fault.
      Never mind the facts.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Oh, Jimmy Jack, you have made my day, er, night! I have not been on twitter since before sunset. THAT is a beautiful tweet. Thank you for posting.

Ed Klein has been pretty accurate, when speaking of the Beast. He’s got someone close inside who blabs a lot. That’s probably true. Hillz is NEVER responsible for her own failures!!

If I were a betting woman…..which one throws which one under the bus first? Obie or the Beast?!!!!

25. Texasex63 says:

New registrant here. This has been a haven of peace to me during these rough times, so I had to enter. Thanks all.

26. James O'Malley says:

A few months back I was seriously concerned about my future and that of the country, since it seemed there’d be no improvement in the economy and job market, Obamacare would become permanently entrenched, and the SCOTUS would swing far to the left and we’d lose more of our rights.

It’s only barely beginning to hit me how much this changes things. In the short term, eliminating Obamacare will do wonders, especially when it comes to that stupid mandate, and perhaps I’ll actually be able to get insurance that isn’t ridiculously overpriced. The prospect of a better economy and a better job market would be huge, even though that might take a few years.

This election really changes things for this country, and we can’t even begin to fully fathom the effects it’ll have.

• BigMamaTEA says:

This country was built by rebels, who had skills and trades, and knowledge, with a lot of sweat equity, and sacrifice, for a better society.

Get America back in business, doing what we do best, build, manufacture, create, innovate.
      That means jobs, jobs of all kinds, which is productivity, which in turn, not only creates new and improved widgets, but put a man on the moon!

Anybody who hasn’t read the book “The Five Thousand Year Leap.” Get it, borrow it, get it from the library. It’s about us, our Founders, and the People who can before them. What was it like, what were there lives like, what did they go through to get us to here. Not today specifically, but in general.

The title all by itself is telling. At the time the book was written, I don’t recall this second what year it was; but, in essence, in 400+ some-odd-years, we with innovation and productivity, have brought human beings, and the world 5,000 years in time. Compare it to the 7th Century Moose Limbs, who still wipe their azz with their bare hand.

• Maquis says:

Yes, but only with their left hand. Touch a muzzie with your left hand, square on their shoulder as you look into their eyes…just keep your weapon hand free for the outrage to come.

Due to the inferiority of the left hand, the Fauxphet has resolved his moon god’s dilemma by bestowing him with two right hands. And feet of course, only two right feet, can’t run a Brothel in the Sky with a damn left foot getting in your way.

27. BigMamaTEA says:

Since this is my “gloating day” Just found this on twitter. The guy titled it…..

Hey, you all, WE WON!