August 22nd – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “2016 Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Presidential Race and/or any of the candidates therein.

trump pence banner

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,013 Responses to August 22nd – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

1. blognificentbee says:

2. MzMaryMac says:

Something pretty freaky is happening. My 3 top Facebook trends were actually negative stories about Hillary! That hasn’t happened since the general election campaign began. Typically, you would see an odd one here and there. Someone at FB must be either asleep at the switch or we have a mole in there! LOL!

3. Calinder44 says:

I think – relating to the FB 3 negative stories on Hillary comment mentioned above– something too is happening. Could the tide be turning?

I confess: I still read the WaPo. Today, I saw two articles on home page:

Here goes:
    No. 1:
    Washington Post Today, 8/22/16
    “Emails reveal how foundation donors got access to Clinton and her close aides at State Dept”

Also: read the comments; many I read were very, very negative on the pay-to-play scheme.

No. 2: I’ve reached my limit on Wapo for the month, but just go their home page to see this, or type into Google: “Why So many veterans are still sticking with Trump”

Now, I have never, ever, virtually, never seen a pro-Trump, or even slightly-positive-spin on Trump article on the front web-page of the Post. Granted, the article still says some lie about “despite him having insulted Gold Star families..

Positive sign:. Many of the MSM seem to be jumping on the Bash the Clinton Foundation bandwagon now. Herd mentality, but still good sign…

• Calinder44 says:

One other thing about the Clinton Foundation scheme. I read the comments — most were negative. But one positive one said this:

“Do you haters actually know the wonderful things that the Clinton Foundation actually does?
      That it has received an A rating by the Charity Watch site?

That it is actually credited for saving thousands ..perhaps millions of lives..through their HIV programs..and potable water…among many other altruistic programs????”

Here’s the quick response/comment that came: Pithy and very good:

Response

“$$$ talks then. Let’s investigate the Charity Watch”

People are getting smart: anything having to do with money now can be questioned. I mentioned before an article i read a while back by an outfit that looks at non-profits. The title of the article was something like this: “Who is rating the raters?”

4. Shevtsova251 says:

Trump’s economic advisor Steve Moore great interview with Stuart Varney.

5. zephyrbreeze says:

I saw this comment on Breitbart. So this is rumor but interesting if true. I’ll look for link to verify…

Donald Trump spent last Friday giving aid to flood victims in Louisiana

Barack Obama spent last Friday golfing with Larry David

Hillary Clinton spent last Friday trying to blame Colin Powell for her email issues

Which one looked most Presidential to you???

<b>Not only Larry David but also the co-managing director of Bain Capital, the private equity firm Mitt co-founded. I like Bain, used to, but if this isn't proof of the establishment elite I don't know what is. Politics, entertainment and finance.</b>

6. Marygrace Powers says:

VA Governor Terry McAuliffe Plans To Restore Voting Rights to 13,000 FELONS;

Part of the “Clinton Corruption Clan.”

7. SharonKinDC says:

RE those concerned re deportation: WHY on EARTH should he jump to respond to BOGUS media story? They want to control his campaign by throwing curveballs. Trump is building his case to the electorate. Right now, he’s working the minority vote. Phooey on the MSM.

• I just saw Kellyanne Conway on Lou Dobbs and she would not commit to the deportation of the 11 million illegals here as part of the strategy She did say nothing has changed on immigration, but when Dobbs pressed her on deportation she tried to spin.

• Iron Lady says:

I’m not liking this at all – she seems to be trying to to “soften” (girlify!) him and this is a bad sign. E-verify and self-deportation is fine, but she seemed to even put that down. Does she not understand that this is his signature issue, RINO in the tent???

• Disappointing, all she needed to say was They Have to Go, period. The deportation force wont be needed except for the gang members. Cut the magnet off: qualify for Obamacare, housing programs, food stamps, kids get free education, free lunch at school, qualify for instate tuition, able to apply for jobs and work here without deportation, probably qualify for some form of affirmative action if not them then their anchor baby does, send money home via banks, can get drivers licenses, break the law little to no consequence. What else do they need?

Heck if Canada was this stupid I’d be there too. I don’t blame them for wanting to come here because our politicians are stupid, BUT THEY HAVE TO GO illegal immigration is destroying the country.

8. Trump will win FL, NV, NH, IA, and PA. That gets him to 264. I don’t see how he loses Michigan, Bernie won it Trump won it. How is Michigan not in play right now, he should have a better shot there than Ohio. Still think Trump will win at least 1 surprise New England state that isn’t NH.

Anyone from Michigan here have a clue what’s happening up der eh?
    Anyone from New England – not including Vermont – have an idea if Trump can win a state besides NH? Maine ? Road Island ? Connecticut ?

• Calinder44 says:

Silentmajority: I’m from Michigan (Detroit) but haven’t lived there in years. Trump won the primary there, Detroit has long been dominated by Democrats. It’s also a big union town, (highest paid teachers in the country are in MI due to their unions’ clout) and I don’t know what the official position of the unions is. Pro-Trump? I would have thought — given NAFTA and the decimation of the auto industry –that he’d be doing better there. That’s all I have to offer. Sorry.

• Hey thanks, that’s a better report than anything I’v come across from any conservative website since the primary was held.

• ALEX69 says:

I wonder if anything can flip the education types though…From my experience they are mainly in it for the money…It reminds me of one high school Hillary had a rally in and something like 28% of the students were meeting the low standards.

My thought would be grabbing some % of middle class and religious blacks..The nearest inner city to me is baltimore( I live outside Annapolis) and it’s gone as far as civilized.I don’t like to write that way ,but a life long friend was a Baltimore cop for 15 years and it is third world outside of Johns Hopkins and a few other heavily patrolled areas…

• Calinder44 says:

Alex: no I don’t think anything can flip the education types: you’re absolutely correct, they’re in it for the money & are pretty miserable, unhappy people as they know no one respects their profession. I’ve met a few good ones but not too many.

And very dishonest. I live in an area now with the highest paid district for teachers in the state. Whenever their contracts are in negotiation, they ride around with huge signs in their cars saying like “Our students need more money!”. Of course they get the money, not the students.

• Calinder44 says:

Silentmajority: glad to be of some small help. I think it’s probably the union factor, & Detroit will play a big role. (As someone recently wrote about NY state, the way NY city votes will determine the rest of the state.)

Re: unions. I think the Teamsters leadership endorsed Clinton & they still have clout. (Believe it or not I grew up hearing great stories about Hoffa, from family members ( father, uncle) who were Teamsters & had very good things to say about him, although the teamsters did steal the pension money.
          I believe Trump has tried to target the base, saying you’re with me even if your officials aren’t.

9. three by one says:

I note that GMA /ABC rolled out an interview with Egg McMullin today, which has been headlined by other news outlets.

Did GMA interview Jill Stein? If not, why?

10. andi lee says:

Equating the Clinton Campaign to an Athletic football team’s star player?

How does one call the game when the team is a no-show? A forfeit by default?

11. nwtex says:

Hope I’m not causing a problem. I mistakenly posted this on the “open thread”. Hope it’s ok to bring it here where it belongs.

12. Pingback: BUSTED: Monmouth poll had Trump leading, then they MANIPULATED poll data to change it! – topknotonline.com