There has been some confusion as to what exactly took place in Orlando Florida at the Pulse nightclub and the exact sequencing of events.  While the specific details of the attack are still cloudy, today during a press conference Police Chief John Mina provided a little more clarity.

The video is prompted to Mina’s remarks (03:43).

It is very common for businesses to hire ‘off duty’ uniformed police officers for various security needs. Typically officers sign up for these private sector jobs as additional income.

Businesses pay overtime rates and the police departments coordinate the logistics and send the billing.   It appears Pulse nightclub had one of these uniformed, armed, yet off-duty officers at the entrance when the attack began.  This officer engaged Mateen and called for additional officers.

One of the benefits to hiring this type of additional security is the immediacy of any response if the need arrives; the officer has a radio and can call for help much faster than a person calls 911.   This appears to be why the 2nd and 3rd responding officers were able to get to the scene so fast.

orlando pulse 4

orlando pulse 7

orlando pulse 1

Washington Post has additional editorial.

This entry was posted in Police action, Pulse Nightclub Terror Attack, Terrorist Attacks. Bookmark the permalink.

224 Responses to Orlando Pulse Nightclub Terror – Orlando Police Explain Sequence of Immediate Events….

1. SonFlower says:

Why did he get past that cop at the door. i don’t understand.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

I can understand if it was closing time that the bouncer may have already left…….
      Was that cop the bouncer?

• Shevtsova251 says:

Kimberley “KJ” Morris, bouncer, was fatally shot. She had just recently separated from her girlfriend after a long Relationship, who had only sweet things to say about KJ.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

So the bouncer was not the law enforcement officer at the door then?

• Shadrach says:

No, those are generally separate duties. Bouncers bounce, and the LEO is there to ensure that things remain generally calm, that additional LEOs can be reached easily, and is primarily a visual deterrent. Having an on-site LEO has the additional advantage that they can easily sort between antagonists and staff trying to stop antagonists. That has been my experience (in a previous life many moons ago).

• Jett Black says:

Not in very close quarters. However, surprise, preparation, and determination can overcome most small arms.

May God give all the victims release from their sins and pain and the chance to accept Christ, if they had not already, that was taken from them by murder.

• The same troubled thought entered my mind immediately. I almost told my sister that I wished it had been a church instead because at least the people who died were most likely saved. A gross thought, I know. I just get so devastated when I consider how many souls may be lost because of this.

• joanfoster says:

I know that this is a conflicting issue for many people, but rather than have a discussion on the victims eternal resting place, let’s leave that to the mercies of God and focus on how we can prevent these atrocities going forward. I am personally opposed to the gay lifestyle and gay marriage, but I also know enough people in this community who I have a lot of admiration for that I am convinced that I am not the eternal judge – thank goodness. There are more victims here than just those who lost their lives or the wounded. There are extended family members, friends, etc. The collateral damage is an outrage and for some reason the press is not addressing it.

• ladypenquin says:

I always figure the Good Lord has a way of sorting it all out, and we need not be troubled. I do believe that those who die in such an horrific manner as this – well, His angels minister to them…that, to me, is a comfort that all may consider.

• That’s true, you make an excellent point. We have no way of knowing who does and doesn’t get eternal life. It’s just a rough thing to think about. The press never shows any care or consideration to the actual living victims, the families. Like that poor woman who was texting with her now dead son, or that idiot who kept the door shut, presumably causing the murders of multiple people in his fear/stupidity… how they and their loved ones have been scarred/effected by this tragedy is being completely ignored by the media.

• juliagoolia says:

Body armor helps too. Apparently the shooter was wearing level 3(or however it is categorized) armor.

• doubledenvy says:

Jett Black , you are spot on. Since Ferguson , I would not be surprised if more LE is in the “Pause Mode”. I have many LE friends in service and retired. The 2 I hunt with have had numerous meetings regarding Community “Protect and Serve” protocols and procedure since Baltimore.

• doubledenvy says:

I just have to say , it is wrong when everyone on this tree can come up with excellent reasons why this could have been handled better. But whether it is a grunt in Vietnam being used as cannon fodder , when if we wanted to win we could have won , if the Westmorelands and Politicos could pull the trigger. Just as in the Benghazi Massacre (see 13 hours) the security contractors (Seals/Rangers) left out hanging in the wind ,except someone was not picking up the phone at 3:00 am (tragic). Fort Hood , when soldiers were not allowed to carry on base (ridiculous) , I could go on and on. Rarely is it the front line that does not lack courage , it is the 4 star head of command that is lacking in courage. That’s what I have seen. Jus’ Sayin’ Have A Nice Day

• sevenwheel says:

I’m not surprised it happened the way it did. The shooter was prepared and had a plan. The off-duty police officer was completely taken by surprise and had just a few short seconds to stop him from entering and would have had to kill him to do it. Odds were on his side and the odds won.

• Cee says:

Why did this guy block the back door?
      www. inquisitr.com

• from an interview this morning – it was one of the patrons… two actually.
        the guy said he and a german heard the gunfire and it was coming towards them. they found the door & got outside into “an alley used by staff”… this guy said he was worried the shooter would follow them outside, so they blocked the door and ran.
        he realized later “it was probably the wrong thing to do” – but he did come forward.
        truth or fiction – who knows?

• Nettles18 says:

I read one report that said the officer had very little ammunition.

• Roamer says:

I live in Orlando and have asked an Orlando PD officer why he has four extra magazines for his pistol on his belt. He said he is required to carry that. I heard that this off duty officer was in full uniform so I would imagine he had that same on his belt. But a pistol is no match for a long gun and this oficer must have beeen very heroic to engage this maniac.

2. Sargon says:

One shudder to think how much worse the incident would have been if the off duty officer had not been there, fired on the Muslim Jidhadist terrorist, and called for backup right away.

Had the door been manned by bouncers or other staff, the terrorist would have gotten in unimpeded likely after killing them, and then had free reign while the 911 call goes out before LEO arrive on the scene.

LEO that arrive would have to assess the situation without the first hand report of the off duty LEO, and then act.. more delays.

Lots more could have been killed.

The lord was watching over this to prevent a bigger massacre.

• Pam says:

Indeed. His involvement saved a ton of lives considering how horrific this attack truly was. I commend him for his bravery.

• SonFlower says:

Why was he able to get past that cop at the door. I don’t understand.

• Shevtsova251 says:

Maybe he entered the club normally, and got his guns out only once Inside….

• Shadrach says:

Seriously? Because the attack was unexpected and coming in the wrong direction. 2am, most trouble would be inside, not coming from outside. Have you ever tried to be vigilant w/o stop? Most people can handle minutes, tops. So, surprise attack, the cop decides it’s better to call for backup. If he was dead, no call would be made.

Easy to armchair quarterback, but put yourself in that cop’s shoes for a moment before judging.

• This apparently was near closing time and several things may have happened. I do not know how the shooter entered. A guess though might be that exiting patrons may have used the back door and the shooter used this to gain entrance. entering from the front door with a rifle would have been very noticeable.

• Trent Telenko says:

I call B.S. There were 300 people in that club. 1/3 of them are dead or wounded.

We now have hard confirmation that Mateen was executing hostages 40 minutes after he assaulted PULSE Night Club. Orlando PD stayed outside doing nothing while hostages were murdered.

See the photos at the link below —

Even if massively outgunned, cops are armed and have body armor. Civilians in gun free zones like Pulse have nothing.

That this active shooter protocol was cut short suggests a leadership failure in Orlando law enforcement.

A leadership failure that occurred in the lull between the three police first responders losing the fire fight with MATEEN and the appearance of various law enforcement organizations’ SWAT teams.

• Bull Durham says:

Agree with your assessment.
        The fact that they knew the construction of the building an could not blow a hole in the wall with the initial explosive is indicative of lack of expertise.

One man in a bathroom could be suppressed by a fire team and that was not done.

I think the police and FBI believe most citizens will believe anything they tell us.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

You raise some very very troubling and valid points.

• Shevtsova251 says:

Alex Stone said it could be a false flag attack, in support of taking guns from good people. As usual, it went wrong. Everything Obama does, it goes wrong. And now, it’s Trump that has the opportunity to share his excellent policy to fight terror.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

Well not saying I believe Alex Stone on everything, BUT what was the very first thing Hillary, Obama, and the Lie-Stream MSM start harping on as soon as this news broke?

GRAB GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sargon says:

I take it you have never faced an active shooter with an AR-15 before…. when you are equipped with a standard service Glock pistol.

Try it sometime before you start knocking the sole LEO there at the time.

Fella is outgunned and LEO cannot shoot randomly with a pistol that is inherently less accurate than an assault rifle into a crowd with the terrorist in their midst.

FYI, .223 will penetrate many bullet resistant vests issued to police officers, if he was wearing one at the time.

• Trent Telenko says:

Multiple trained law men with guns and body armor stood aside while a Islamist systematically murdered the people they were sworn to protect.

I’m not talking just pistols, but multiple SWAT teams sat on their ass for three hours.

The best defense these people had during that time was hiding under the bodies of those already killed.

This is what an active shooter consultant had to say about civilians and Orlando PD commanders on-scene at Pulse.

Grollnek, a consultant who conducts active-shooter training for law enforcement, said that’s another lesson from other mass shootings: Civilians can’t expect to stay safe by heeding the old advice to hide or shelter in place.

‘The problem is we’re failing to evolve by learning the lesson that hiding does not work,’ he said. ‘Running works. Everyone who escapes to tell their story says, ‘I ran away. I heard a noise on my left, and I went to my right and I got out.”

“But Grollneck reserved his anger for the police commanders in Florida who didn't allow SWAT team members to enter until several hours after the shooter began the attack.

'How have we failed so poorly that we did not learn our lesson ... when we see SWAT teams respond and not making entry creates victims,' he said. 'Period. End of story.'”</i>

• _Jim says:

This wasn’t a “storming of Utah Beach on D-Day”; the number one rule for LE (or anybody for that matter, outside of wartime) is to go home safe at the end of the day …

• Apfelcobbler says:

Sounds like the OPD was waiting outside for their MRAT to arrive, maybe 2 hours?

• oldiadguy says:

I have questioned the police response in other threads, however, I have now read that the officers did go into an active shooter response and engage the shooter. The officers continued to engage him until he retreated into a bathroom with 4 to 5 hostages. It was the hostage situation and the claim he had an explosive device that caused the officers to back off.

“Active shooter protocols that direct for every police officer available piling on as fast as they can to feed officers into the fire fight. Engaging the shooter and drawing his gunfire away from civilians at any cost until the shooter goes down.”

I really have no idea what you are talking about with this statement. I’ve spent 38 years in law enforcement, received active shooter training and have gone into buildings after armed suspects, so I may have some expertise on this topic. In an active shooter situation, the first 3 to 4 officers enter the building to locate and identify the shooter, their job is then to either terminate the shooter or isolate him so he can do no more harm.

From the reports I’ve read, the officers did that when they isolated him in the restroom. The question is when did they enter, how many victims did the suspect shoot before they entered, how many victims were struck during the gun battle and were any additional victims killed after the officers backed off. At this point we don’t have answers to these questions.

I suggest we wait until more information comes out before we start criticizing the officers. If the facts prove the officers did not act appropriately, then we can criticize them.

Take Care

• they were concerned that he had explosives to utilize upon breaching. that would remove most of your SWAT element (to lose them in a breach). other LEOs dont have the body armor or training that SWAT does.

And does active shooter protocols direct every police officer to do that? I’m asking truthfully.

I still find it odd that “if” there was only one shooter, why he wasn’t rushed upon reload….

I can only hope that they release all of the evidence as to matches rounds/casings. will be interesting to hear if the AR did all this…most likely, it was more pistol – easier to reload and clear (upon jam)….depending on how many rounds he put through his AR and how quickly, he would have had jamming occur…

• cmscarpa says:

The shooter had been to the club several times — stated on Greta. He was familiar to many people there.

3. SonFlower says:

Why was he able to get past that cop at the door. I don’t understand.

• Shadrach says:

I answered your question above. Question for you….if you were that cop, would you like people like you asking questions like yours? I, for one, will give that cop the credit for doing the best he could under the circumstances until I hear otherwise.

I’m sure you have a gun in your house to protect your family against intruders. If one burst through your door right now pointing a gun (yes, right now) would you be able to save them?

• Shadrach says:

Adding, because I am still infuriated by your comment, that when you failed to save them, would you like people second guessing you and wondering why you failed? While you’re crying yourself to sleep because you failed? When you know you did your best and you couldn’t have, and you’re imagining scenarios where you could have reached your gun faster????

What kind of person are you? OK, off soapbox, but please just stop.

• Mr. Haney says:

troll alert

• Shadrach says:

Oh, I’m an idiot. You are right, for sure. SMH at myself. CTH folk are smarter than this. Thanks!!! Now I don’t have to take a Tums 🙂

• _Jim says:

“able to get past that cop”

Assumption of ‘fact’ in the question asked (like: When did you stop beating your wife?); why do you assume he was stationed at the front door screening patrons? This is NOT a set up like TSA screening at an airport …

4. No One says:

How did he kill that many people while engaged in a gunfight?-even if he had ten minutes or so without LEO than how does that work? I originally thought he was alone in the club for 3 hours-but it seems more like 10-15 minutes, and some of that while shooting with LEO.

• sundance says:

It wasn’t even 10-15 minutes. It seems like (from description) less than 1-3 minutes of terrorist shooting before he went to take cover in restroom as he was being shot at by the 3 officers….

• Garrison Hall says:

I’m told the bar was a “gun free zone” that prohibited citizens carrying weapons. We’re not likely to do away with these open invitations to spree killers; at least not in the near future. But, if businesses like this are going to insist on banning private citizens carrying concealed handguns, they need to have gun carrying undercover security inside the venue. The point is this: whether private citizen or off-duty cops, two or three armed people in the building would have ended that guys shooting spree pretty quickly.

• jackphatz says:

Virtually all states require their bars and other liquor establishments to be gun free. It’s the law, might even be a federal law. It used to be people solved their ways with hand guns, not anymore. Perhaps in the future, more business can initiate a system where the employees willing can be licensed to conceal carry for the added protection. Times are changing, old rules must be altered to protect more people.

• JoJo says:

Some people are speculating that may have been more than one of “that guy.” If so, could account for high # of deaths.

• Trent Telenko says:

The following are the links to three videos on the UK Daily Mail Web site. (#2 below has a title I gave it as the sound of the gunfire appears to be that of a legally purchased rapid fire trigger.) Listen closely to the sounds of gunfire.

24 rounds in 9 seconds: Orlando massacre.
      [video src="http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/06/12/7337005069711686719/640x360_7337005069711686719.mp4" /]

Sound of OMAR MIR SEDDIQUE MATEEN AR-15 (using rapid fire trigger?) inside PULSE Nightclub
      [video src="http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/06/13/2277198668420004516/640x360_2277198668420004516.mp4" /]
      Moment SWAT team engaged Orlando club shooter.
      [video src="http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/06/12/5361507272162130813/640x360_5361507272162130813.mp4" /]

Orlando law enforcement had good reason to be intimidated. Based on the sound of gunfire in #2 above, they were facing a bootleg light machine gun in terms of firepower.

• Trent Telenko says:

Gads, that didn’t work.

Let’s try this —

24 rounds in 9 seconds: Orlando massacre.

Sound of OMAR MIR SEDDIQUE MATEEN AR-15 using Rapid Fire Trigger inside PULSE Nightclub?

Moment SWAT team engaged Orlando Club Shooter.

• Trent Telenko says:

Okay, I give up.

Try my post over at Chicagoboyz here:

The ISIS Ramadan Massacre in Orlando

• Arkindole says:

Bad guy sequence doesn’t sound like select fire–sounds like at least two semi’s or some pistols mixed up in it.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

Really like your top quote there now.

“Quote of the Day

Obama isn’t much of a defender of the United States in word or deed. He prefers to stand up for the good name of Islam. When it comes to the defense of Islam, he’s got his heart is in it.

-Scott Johnson: “Obama’s Heart”, at Power Line

• Concerned says:

I’m actually happy that your links didn’t work and you referred us over to Chicagoboyz. That was really interesting and infuriating article. Especially infuriating, when the terrorist himself had explicitly stated that his motivation was ISIS and yet the media went to the standby nonsense about gun control.

• Sargon says:

At first, there is only one LEO shooting back — and he probably had no more than a few clips on him. Note that LEO can’t shoot back randomly — he had to be careful NOT to hit innocent people. And this terrorist jidhadist took hostages and was probably using them as human shields.

AR-15 can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger (assuming it is not modded to full auto). Dense crowd mean just about every shot counted. I believe that some shots could have hit multiple people.

Once Muslim Jidhadist Terrorist was engaged, as an experienced security guard, he probably knew how to seek cover so as to, a) conceal himself from the LEO shooting at him, b) reload, c) herd the people into the back room, d) use human shields.

Note evidence that terrorist cased out at least one other club — so he probably knew the layout from a previous recon visit.

The long delay in getting injured out (3 hours) probably contributed to high toll because they bled out. LEOs are in a rock and a hard place… how do you allow Paramedics (unarmed) to pull wounded out of hall when the terrorist is shooting at you and you can’t shoot back because he is probably using human shields? Moreover, jihadist is shooting back with .223 that will penetrate many light shields that might have been deployed by the tactical teams to protect Paramedics.

Recovery and treatment of wounded under fire is a military specialty, not a civilian police / paramedic job.

At the end, SWAT that had explosives had to blow open the back wall — so they can present the muslim violent islamic jidhadist with having to defend two directions at once (front and rear).

And that is when they managed to get a clear shot to kill him.

Hopefully no hostage / innocent was injured by police fire.

• marcyo13 says:

Thank you for explaining all that.

• Sargon says:

Please… this is speculation based on available facts.

Let’s let the investigation proceed. I just don’t want accusations tossed at LEOs without knowing the full facts, so I provided an alternative explanation compared to the ones above.

No police force can be said to be ready to deal with this kind of an event on short notice… without time to call for backup and have them show up.

Let’s see what the facts say.

• No One says:

Thank you, that makes more sense. However Orlando PD said they were recovering bodies well before the end of the standoff. Sounds like once he retreated to the bathroom they could get into the main rooms.

• Sargon says:

Recovering a few at a time.. with the paramedics and LEOs taking huge risks if the terrorist decided to reveal himself and fire on them (and was not immediately taken down by LEOs stationed to prevent that).

Again… I note that this is a combat medic job… not a civilian LEO and paramedic job.

• JeremyR says:

The breech is a double minus bad as well. Too much explosive and you increase casualties by leaps and bounds. Too little and you don’t get through.
        If you call that a rock and a hard place, you are undercutting what the Law Enforcement had to deal with. This was a no win by liberal standards. Every life saved though was a win.

• This may or may not be relevant but i was wondering about the LEO at the front door and other first responders and what their firearms training is like. He did save a lot of lives but i kinda wonder if they were above average on the shooting range. Another thought was if the shooter was wearing body armor and if the LEOs shot at the body. i just hope they do a post mortem on police response and see if they can improve it. As i mention they did save lives but it would have been nice to have saved more.

• Was the terrorist murdering hostages during those 3 hours of the standoff?

• ZZZ says:

he is bringing in an army – wants us armed to the teeth – when the fit hits the shan he will have his people react in kind and more to the amount of fire power we use to defend ourselves.

anger is building – especially when we see his reaction, the FBI director’s reaction, the AG’s reaction etc.

order out of chaos.

• Esperanza says:

I felt Hussein’s demenor was dreaful. He looked and sounded bored.

5. cheekymeeky says:

Hmm?

BREAKING: Sources: Arrest to be made soon of alleged accomplice in Pulse mass shooting

Sources told Channel 9 Monday that law enforcement will make an arrest in the next few days of someone who allegedly helped the Orlando gunman carryout the mass shooting inside Pulse nightclub that killed 49 people on Sunday.

6. TwoLaine says:

Someone shared a video earlier about there being a second person who held the doors shut. Don’t know if this has been posted anywhere yet, but here is the video of the person who is probably responsible.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

It’s been scrubbed already!

• Sandra-VA says:

I saw that guy on Fox last night – he said that he was trying to save people when he held that door closed. Apparently, the back staff exit is where many people were trying to escape – when this guy got there, there were injured people and a”pile-up” of people. He claims he was helping to clear the back log and get the injured safely through a hole in the fence. Claims that if the door remained open, more would have been injured from trampling….

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

“…. a likely story….”

Sure, sure………….

• Sandra-VA says:

He also said that he heard people banging on the door….

AND that he didn’t want to be called a “hero”. I don’t think he really understands what he did… he really thinks he was helping.

• Concerned says:

I’m not sure I buy that. When there’s a mass murderer inside, I think it’s more likely that people would be killed by being forced to remain inside than by trying to escape even through a big jam. I know I wouldn’t hold the doors closed, would any of you? (I ask that question openly, just wondering, not implying anything.)

• keeler says:

Don’t rule out his mental state at the time of the attack. On top of panic, fatigue and intoxication might have affected his decision making. When Boston’s Cocoanut Grove caught fire in 1942, multiple reports mentioned that one of the victims was so panic crazed that he entered the revolving door backwards and kept pushing in the wrong direction, even though people were trying to reason with him. Even after he got out, he was combative

If you do any reading of night club or theater fires, one thing becomes clear: when the crowd panics, exits become hopelessly jammed if there not enough of them or if they are not sufficiently wide. Victims literally get jammed in the egresses, then crushed and trampled. The victims behind them get trapped, and then pushed into the mass by the people behind them. In the end there is a pyramid of bodies stacked in the doorway.

Looking at the floor plans and photos, the interviewee seems to be talking about one of the two doors leading from the club to the patio. Significantly, both are opposite from where the shooter entered the club and where people trying to escape would have instinctively ran to. With the caveat that they are not official building plans and therefore may not be to scale, both exits appear to be typical doorways and therefore too narrow to accommodate a panicking crowd.

It is entirely plausible that the interviewee saw a jam beginning to build and thought it would be better to keep the door closed until it cleared a bit. His comments also seem to suggest he had some concern about the shooter coming through and keeping him inside the club.

Whether that was the right decision or not is impossible to know, and it is probably a question he will be asking himself for the rest of his life.

7. Trent Telenko says:

Trust nothing Orlando Police Department says about the Pulse shooting.

Orlando PD and the City government are facing dozens of civil law suits similar to the ones after the Columbine Massacre — by the next of kin of the teacher who died of blood loss locked in a closet while Columbine police waited outside — which will clear up the facts of whether and how many MATEEN executed while Orlando police sat outside for 3-hours ignoring the post-Columbine Massacre active shooter protocols.

The next of kin of the dead Columbine teacher won a major settlement (something like seven figures?) after court trial.

Watch for news stories of Orlando insurance providers bailing out on the City of Orlando.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

RE: “Trust nothing Orlando Police Department says about the Pulse shooting.

Well that bears repeating over and over and over again.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

Great observation on your blog story Trent.

“It’s interesting watching the Main Stream and alternate media “world view bubbles” vie for the narrative following the ISIS Ramadan Massacre at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando. The Drudge Report, likely due to Drudge’s ties with the LGBT community in Florida, the UK Media, and blogs like THE LAST REFUGE (AKA The Conservative Treehouse), GATEWAYPUNDIT, AND DAILYPUNDIT drove American television media coverage in a way that effectively removed two days of official denial of Muslim terrorism…”

• Stringy theory says:

I agree. Drudge especially. He is now third behind MSN and Disney in terms of teaching an audience. And CTH is the place for details and research.

• TwoLaine says:

Didn’t the Charleston families get paid $3M each or so out of a FEMA Fund, or something similar? Asinine, BTW. NEVER should FEMA funds be used for victim payouts. There are already programs in place for that. And $3M each is OBSCENE.

Believe me, they don’t make it easy for you at all. When we tried to use it, I believe the cap was $25k max, and that is only if you didn’t have life insurance. We did have a small policy, so all assistance was DENIED. They didn’t even tell us in advance. You had to go to what amounted to a scheduled court hearing, with other people there for the same reason. We even took a lawyer. Total waste of time. HORRIBLE experience for crime victims.

Getting the hospital bill for your dead loved one, who never had a chance in the first place, not so much fun either.

8. Paco Loco says:

The one fact that all of the LEO’s and government official have not mentioned was that they were alerted to a pending terrorist attack three days before the horrific attack.

9. NHVoter says:

10. Ace says:

Looks like Hillary Clinton tweeted too soon about a “lone wolf”.

11. Sargon says:

We really need to have the Donald speed up the development and deployment of robots to police forces that can be rushed into scenes like this to help assess the situation without risking an officer.

These bots are now routinely used by combat troops to check out houses, rooms, etc. in war zones before troops go in.

12. Sentient says:

Anyone else notice that the murderer’s dad looks like Michael Medved?

13. Clc says:

if the shooter is holed up in a bathroom, then why not throw in a little tear gas? why bust out the back wall?

• Sargon says:

Monday morning quarterbacking is always easy.

Ask yourself.. did they have one to toss? What if tossing it in resulted in the fella immediately executing hostages? Can you follow the tear gas grenade with an assault?

Lots of questions… let’s see what the facts turn up before we pass judgments on LEO who were there and had their own lives on the line.

• IMO says:

No windows in the bathrooms.

• Shadrach says:

What do you expect tear gas to accomplish? Tear gas does not prevent people from acting. It didn’t help in Waco, and it wouldn’t have helped here.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Why bust out the hole in the bathroom?
      They were remodeling to get the third bathroom installed.

14. susiepuma says:

How come no one is questioning his connection to Homeland Security – G4S – security company from Pakistan that was delivering illegal aliens all over the USA???????? Think that information might irritate or actually anger a few people in this country??? Nah…..just a sidebar to the whole freakin’ mess…………………….

15. TrumpFanGirl says:

Where is BLM rioting/looting/demonstrating tonight…. or do these black lives not matter? If not, is BLM homophobic?

16. Arkindole says:

I’d like to see what’s on his hard drive and phone and the size, time, and locations of downloads and data usage. Dollars to doughnuts it was rehearsed somewhere, digital or real. Floorplans; previous images from visits; contingencies; etc.

17. Sargon says:

Where is the wife of the terrorist and child?

They conveniently disappeared… somewhere.

18. sandraopines says:

19. Moishe Pipik says:

B.b.b.ut! Obama said it was a home-grown Lone Wolf!

WFTV sources: Arrest of alleged accomplice in mass shooting expected

• Moishe Pipik says:

BTW, in 2013, also on Obama’s watch, a similar attack occurred. Nobody was injured, and because the perp was a Moslim, nothing happened.

Prior to the attack on Pulse, a handful of other U.S. gay bars have been targeted, including Neighbours, a popular gay nightclub in Seattle. It was packed with New Year’s Eve revelers on Dec. 31, 2013, when a man poured gasoline on a carpeted stairway and set it ablaze. No one was injured; Masub Masmari was sentenced to 10 years in prison for arson.

And because guns weren’t involved, the self-hating Left couldn’t use it for anything. So everyone just forgot about it.

• Sherlock says:

Mark Steyn was on today talking about how East London is now effectively a “gay free zone” because the Muslims have forced them out. Absolutely predictable.

• Nettles18 says:

If the story about his wife saying he cased Disney world in April is true, it may be her for not sounding the alarm bell.

• Moishe Pipik says:

Maybe that’s why she says she was “battered.” Nobody is higher on the Liberal Victim Hierarchy than an alleged abused woman. Women can get away with anything if they claim they were abused.

• Sandra-VA says:

It is the ex-wife who says she was battered. The current wife is now co-operating with the FBI.

• Nettles18 says:

This isn’t his ex-wife who has said she was beaten by him in 2009. He married another woman in 2013 and they have a 3 year old son. In April he took his family to Disney World and she is said to have told FBI he looked at the venue as a possible target.

20. NJF says:

Lol. I just realized Trunp said today “a temporary immigration ban on all those from countries with terrorist populations that threaten ourselves or our allies”

Too bad Crooked Hillary didn’t get the memo.

Oh speaking of “memos” Carl Cameron must have gotten told to tone it down, bc he just now dropped the “whining” comments from earlier.

21. geoffb5 says:

Whoever that “SonFlower” person is is making their name[s] into a link to a nonexistent or removed comment. That seems rather trollish as does the repetition.

22. fernleygirl says:

23. David says:

A series of wrongnesses:
    1. FBI missed plus let him have weapons.
    2. Not enough exits from the club.
    3. Where is the guard at the enterence, why no armed guard?
    4. The police let him kill people and waited for the SWAT and the break in was too late.

24. Tom Holsinger says:

I’d appreciate it if someone would explain why the Orlando PD apparently waited several hours after the arrival of their SWAT team to break into the building. It may be that they cornered the perp in the restroom area of the building, but I can’t determine that from the audio or posts here.

My understanding of active shooter protocols after Columbine was for the police to charge in shooting as soon as they had sufficient force, to keep the perps from hunting down and murdering victims who had hidden out. Orlando is a big city so, given that the perp opened fire at the 2am closing (AFAIK), its SWAT team should have been present no later than 3am. Instead they waited until 5am. That extra two hours gave the perp plenty of time to find and murder everyone still alive.

Why did it take so long for Orlando SWAT to act, and how many people died because they waited?

• Linda Ruth says:

They didn’t have the script, so the SWAT didn’t know their cues. Besides, how were they to know the event was actually real? Sickening, but very possible due to Obama’s agenda.

ORLANDO MASSACRE: The Back Story to this Black Operation
      Orlando Shootings:
      Another B-Grade Production by the Department of Defense’s Bureau of Broadcast Governors?
      By Anonymous Patriots
      “These gunmen attack all aspects of society including Christians, LGBT’s, straights, business people, innocent people of all ranks of life sending one common message – American’s are not safe and it is automatic weapons that do all the damage.

Obama promised that his “United Nations campaign” against Americans owning weapons would be put into place before he left office. He wrote seven executive orders that the courts do not support, and he has signed the UN Small Arms Treaty that has not received ratification from the US Congress.

Rand Paul urgently warns us that Obama and Congress are going for the UN gun grab now; time is up and Americans have to be disarmed for the globalist takeover of our beloved country:

United Nations’ Small Arms Treaty Poses Direct Threat to the Constitution

Still, the gun grabs go on under the direction of the Department of Defense using the National Defense Authorization Act of 2016 as the justification for FEMA drills that are turned into “active shooter events” that are produced and directed by the Department of Defense’s Board of Broadcasting Governors (BBG) who now wage propaganda wars on Americans to promote presidential policies through false flag events where no one is killed.

In this article, let’s look at some of the signs of a False Flag that might apply to this recent event: ”

• Tom Holsinger says:

I found an article on the subject. The Orlando PD deliberately waited for hours before letting their SWAT team go in. The expert quoted at the conclusion of this Daily Mail article thinks that was wrong. We’ll learn the real reason soon enough, and whether that was right or wrong. Here’s the quote and link.

“But Grollneck reserved his anger for the police commanders in Florida who didn’t allow SWAT team members to enter until several hours after the shooter began the attack.

‘How have we failed so poorly that we did not learn our lesson … when we see SWAT teams respond and not making entry creates victims,’ he said. ‘Period. End of story.’”

25. TexasRanger says:

Orlando Club Shooting

Islamic Terrorist Attack At Pulse Nightclub In Orlando Florida By Muslim Gunman Omar Mateen.

Witnesses say they believe they saw Orlando mass shooting gunman ‘at least a dozen times’ at gay nightclub before shooting.

Gunman Omar Mateen visited gay nightclub a dozen times before shooting, witness says

At least four regular customers at the gay Orlando nightclub where a gunman killed 49 people Sunday morning said today that they believe they had seen the killer, Omar Mateen, there before.

“Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent,” said Ty Smith, who also uses the name Aries.

He saw Mateen at the club at least a dozen times, he told the Orlando Sentinel.

Radical Islamic gunman, Omar Mateen, worked at St. Lucie County courthouse

Full Story Orlando Sentinel Jun-13-2016:
    CAIR ISIS Activate Muslim Islamic Terrorist Jihad Cells To Spread Terror and Violence In America.
    Orlando Massacre

26. geoffb5 says:

Imagine Omar in the bathroom and half of those in there with him were packing.

27. Jill says:

Another incident…

28. yohio says:

France attack: “Allahu Akhbar” shouted as police raided house. Cop stabbed to death. Son saved, but his wife killed. (link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/paris-hostage-situation-after-man-kills-policeman/) telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/1…

29. redlegleader68 says:

ugh. BOR just said on Talking Points that guns are a problem. Specifically, semi-automatic rifles. At least he did mention the 2d Amendment.

30. Moishe Pipik says:

Now the radical Left who run Wikipedia are making sure nobody mentions Islam or Terrorism in the article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:2016_Orlando_nightclub_shooting

31. Stormy says:

According to the hospital, five victims are in grave condition, which in medical lingo means they are not expected to survive.

32. auscitizenmom says:

Megyn Kelly is doing a good show on the shootings. She did a really good expose of the shooter’s father. He is lying. And, they had some information about the shooter’s wife and pictures of the house they lived in. It appears she might have left him just before the shootings.

• Linda Ruth says:

You have no good reason to accept anything MK reports. Why believe anything she says? Media liars never change their persona. That is what they are paid to do. Either you can trust a TV talking head, or you cannot. She does not own herself, she sold herself body and soul to get where she is. Basically the CIA provides the scripts, which means propaganda and lies, or what they want gullible viewers to believe. Just because it sounds plausible, doesn’t mean it is. Too many past events have been pure Hollywood fiction performed by actual actors, called Crisis Actors, including any necessary gore and blood for a reality look.