According to a report today SiriusXM radio has suspended radio host Glenn Beck following his comments with author Brad Thor calling for the assassination of presidential candidate Donald Trump. SiriusXM released the following announcement:

brad thor killing trump“SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs. However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended The Glenn Beck Program from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values.” (link)

Here’s the controversial remarks from last weeks’ broadcast about Donald Trump:

BRAD THOR:He is a danger to America and I got to ask you a question and this is serious and this could ring down incredible heat on me because I’m about to suggest something very bad. It is a hypothetical I am going to ask as a thriller writer.

With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as President? If Congress won’t remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his mandate as president, his constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president.

If he oversteps that, how do we get him out of office? And I don’t think there is a legal means available. I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office because you won’t be able to do it through Congress.

GLENN BECK: I would agree with you on that and I don’t think you actually have the voices we’ve been talking about and we’ve been talking about this off-air for a while. I think the voices like ours go away. I don’t think we are allowed – especially if things, and I believe the economy is going to go to crap, even if Jesus was in office. It’s going to naturally reset. It has to.

Breitbart has more on the original controversy HERE

glenn beck microphone

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

267 Responses to SiriusXM Suspends Unstable Glenn Beck After He and Brad Thor Called for Donald Trump Assassination…

1. “BRAD THOR:He is a danger to America… ”

Say, what? Donald J. Trump is not a danger to America. Hillary and Obama, and Ryan, however are.

This stuns me, because currently, Trump does not hold any office, and yet these freaks react to him as if he’s the one with power over their lives. Not unlike how they react to Sarah Palin.

Regardless, for Brad Thor to assert this is lunacy of the highest order. It does not make any sense. Did he act like this with Obama? I am doubtful of it.

On the otherhand, at least Beck is 1 suspended, and 2 has figured out at long last Donald Trump will be out next President. Which of course what they knew would be if he got the nomination.

2. Helen says:

OMG I don’t know who Brad Thor is but he is certainly a loony tune. I already knew that about Beck. One week suspension is nothing. Sirius needs to take him off air before someone gets hurt.

• Carol Miklica says:

I must admit that I am an avid reader of Brad Thor’s books…they are really well written and deal mostly in covert issues within our military. Have never suspected him of someone who would like to see Trump taken out, as am sure Beck would be joyous…he is off the charts these past years. Am extremely surprised that Thor uttered those statements (must be contagious).

3. Okeydoker says:

Both belong in prison!

4. preppin247 says:

Harass the sponsers. I sometimes listen to Becky’s commercial breaks then call the sponsors 1-800 number and blast motley crue.. yea I know its immature but its my time. ..

5. Tracy Kroah says:

What about our current Administration in office now ? They are a danger they are killing us and making this country weak!!!! Obama sucks and everything he stands for . Hilary would kill us and people like Glenn Beck and Brad Thir need to be fired not suspended. You get all live air and threaten to assassinate someone, are you kidding me ??? What has Obama done for us ?? Nothing

6. Frank Field says:

Read about the unstable, grotesque cult Beck represents…see the chapter on Mormonism in the book: Kingdom of the Cults. Beck is a Mormon and represents them well. Sad. Sick. Check it out. God? Help us!

• He doesn’t represent me. And Beck’s religion has nothing to do with him being a big fat idiot. He makes Doomsday Preppers look sane.

• zephyrbreeze says:

Beck doesn’t represent me either. Mike Lee is Mormon (latter-day saint LDS). His father, Rex Lee, also Mormon, was Reagan’s Solicitor General, and did a phenomenal job. He argued 59 cases before the Supreme Court. He chose Samuel Alito, current US Supreme Court Justice, as his assistant.

I’ve said it before that Beck may have a personality disorder. Could be borderline personality disorder after decades of drug and alcohol abuse, and his mother’s abandonment and suicide. I don’t know that he’s in any current treatment or seeing someone, and that could make a different. Extreme thinking about relationships – you’re either good or bad, fixation, obsession. The man has a problem, and it’s not his faith.

7. mamadogsite says:

Dear God, what would happen to these two if they were having this very public conversation about our current President??? Think it would a tad more punishment than a 1 week suspension.

The more disturbing problem are the nutwads who listen to to Beck and his guests, and who would “hear voices” to carry out whatever these two douch bags were discussing.

8. Reading these comments reminds me of a mob scene where the people are brandishing torches and screaming “KILL HIM!” KILL HIM” You remind me of the Puritan loonies who thought they could sanctify themselves and their little Salem villages by hanging, burning, and stoning “the witches.”

Good grief, people, get a hold of yourself. You are attributing things to Beck that aren’t true, and exacerbating it by piling on, screaming “Off with their heads!!!” Get your facts straight.

Take a breath. And think. We need calm and rational thinking. Not the hysteria I’m seeing in these comments. This is what the Leftists do. Aren’t we better than that? Or do we succumb to the same mob rule mentality as they do?

• Backspin says:

Ya’ll get paid by the day ? or by th’ post ? Tell Hitlery ya need a raise.

• Um. Beck and Thor implied they want to have a ‘Patriot’ remove Trump from the board because he’s ‘dangerous’. All but asking someone to rise up and do so. I think our reactions are justified.

This is a not a ‘Keep Calm’ sort of moment. Just the inverse. Imagine if someone took Beck and his cohort at his word and did it? The time to react is before such open speculation becomes acceptable. The Establishment and media would love for someone to make Brad Thor’s speculation real. The Left used to do just that with GWB, fantasize about his murder and no one sad a word.

Time for the foot to be put down on it.

• bertdilbert says:

“Andrea Shea King (@RadioPatriot)”

Well, I see the poster is making some patriot claim and Beck was calling for a “patriot” to step forward and do the assassination. Maybe Andrea thinks political assignations is gainful patriot employment and thus takes offense?

• If only I could say what I think about Glenn Beck in a public space…

• TimeIsNow says:

To Quote you Andrea:
      “Reading these comments reminds me of a mob scene where the people are brandishing torches and screaming “KILL HIM!” KILL HIM” You remind me of the Puritan loonies who thought they could sanctify themselves and their little Salem villages by hanging, burning, and stoning “the witches.””

I do not see any of this on here, but just from you IN YOUR NARRATIVE. I believe you are the paid Witch Hunter. Who is paying you to put out this crap?

• bertdilbert says:

If she was a witch hunter she would be after Hillary. Now Trump is a witch hunter, he is just toying with his prey before he goes for the kill shot. “kill shot ” not to be confused with anything firearm related…

• mopar2016 says:

Andrea the short version of that drivel is that you’re a hillary supporter like Beck.

• Lucille says:

Point of fact, no one accused of being a witch was burned in Salem.

• fuzzi says:

Get a hold of yourself, get your facts straight: the Puritan mobs at Salem did not burn or stone anyone as a witch. The court did sentence a number to hang, yes, but it was the Roman Catholic Inquisition that burned people, often for doing nothing more than translating the Latin Bible into English.

9. jstanley01 says:

Beck is a nut job, no doubt about it. But he is on 332 local stations. I doubt it represents much of a hit to his audience base. http://tunein.com/radio/options/The-Glenn-Beck-Program-p20277/

10. GracieD says:

I know Brad Thor to be good people. He just put his imagination in overdrive, and likely spoke without thinking it through. Don’t know what happened to Beck.

• AmyB says:

Well, speculating the following doesn’t sound like “good people” to me:
      1.) He is assuming that Mr. Trump will be overstepping his constitutional bounds. I have not heard or read anything of the sort from him. In fact, Mr. Trump is talking about enforcing existing laws, which is not currently happening.
      2.) He is suggesting, before Mr. Trump is even in office that he should be impeached. I would like to see how many serious efforts Thor has put forth to promote the impeachment of the current President seeing how he has already overstepped his bounds on too many occasions to even name them.
      3.) Then he suggests that some patriot will have to step up and take President Trump out.

If you think those are the words of “good people”, I suggest your barometer for detecting who in this world is good versus evil is broken. I am not trying to be argumentative, but you might want to give it some thought.

• bertdilbert says:

He tried to protect himself saying he was speaking from a thrill writer perspective. Thus it was not him saying this, but his imaginary friend. He and Glen probably had a pow wow prior to the show as to how they were going to make this presentation without drawing jail time.

• GracieD says:

Your suggesting that my barometer is broken is based on what you have read right here. You do not know me, therefore your opinion of my judgment is irrelevant to me. My barometer is just fine. Then there is “I am not trying to be argumentative, but…” just put your intentions on display. You disagree with my opinion, based on knowing a person being at odds with your opinion, so you use the old Psychology 101 technique to be passive aggressive. When you say you’re not trying to be argumentative, BUT…well, you are telling me to disregard everything before the “but”. I will not argue with you or anyone else. I know who I am, what I think, and how to listen to and consider the opinions of others, even when I disagree. He is “speculating”…your word, not mine, but let’s go wit it. For those who dislike/disagree with Obama, have you never “speculated” how he could be “taken out”? Next question: Would you really want to cause POTUS harm? I would say no. Mr. Thor is entitled to his own thoughts and opinions, and the First Amendment guarantees his right to say it. Do I agree with what he said? Absolutely not! I will simply have to agree to disagree in this case, both with Brad and with you.

11. paisans4trump says:

This link probably puts some comments here in perspective. Was never this enamored with a radio personality but Beck used to be fun to listen to. Now Beck, Stu, and Pat just love to circle jerk themselves with Trump hate, Trump jokes, and Trump insults every day. It seems really very personal; like attacking a girlfriend or boyfriend that dumped you – and I think we Trump supporters are just tired of listening to it and constantly having other blogs post what Glenn said about Donald today. The old Glenn ain’t ever coming back. And F-Pat and Stu.

12. TwoLaine says:

I cut CoS loose today. They sent out their last lambast from “Patriot” Levin. I told them they ought to be ashamed for getting Levin and Beck involved. They aren’t anything close to Patriots, they’re just more shills for the UNIParty.

• mopar2016 says:

Levin and Beck are both a joke these days.
      All that crying and screaming is a bunch of nonsense.
      We know exactly what the dems will do if elected, yet these two clowns are helping them.
      Hilldog is promising amnesty within her first one hundred days.
      She’s proposing a 500% increase in these so called Syrian refugees too.
      And she will irretrievably ruin the high court.

13. psadie says:

Glenn Beck is a bitter, irrelevant man who is losing his company and it is ALL HIS FAULT! He could never get over the fact that Trump refused to come on his show and he has been bent out of shape ever since! Good riddance and I hope Sirius replaces him permanently.

14. barton2016 says:

Get your emergency kit ready Glen. You’re gonna need it.

15. mamadogsite says:

People like Beck, Levin, Kristol, Romney et:all are ALL backwards thinking….they miss a cushy little gold pocket-lining, corrupt life.

Now, the Silent Majority are tired of the generations of the pablum-mouth, ego driven trivia we’ve been fed for generations and a great forward focused movement is overtaking this country. Say what you will about Bernie Sanders, but two men on opposite ideologican ends are responsible for leading and exciting the people like no other time in recent history. IF Beck, Thor, Levin et:all were smart, they would embrace this exciting time in history….but, they are the fools of the past and like Kristol, Romney, and Hildabeast…should be pitied and forgotten. Simple little fools with shiny blinders on….

16. Irene Porter says:

What a disgraceful, shameful exhibition. I was shocked when I heard Mr. Beck comparing Donald Trump to a modern day Hitler on his radio program and nothing was said about it. It is time for Mr. Beck to take a step back and think about what he is doing.

17. fuzzi says:

Beck said the economy was going to go to c***, “even if Jesus was in office”. Did you catch that, boys and girls? Beck doesn’t believe Jesus is God, therefore by his own words Beck admits he is no Christian.

18. Mario Adorno says:

Glenn Beck is a mentaly I’ll man and those who follow as fans need a check up from the neck up! Thank you Sirius XM you did the right thing.