Donald Trump Sunday Talk – ABC “This Week”…

Donald Trump appeared on ABC’s “This Week” with Jonathan Karl. After the National Enquirer ran a report with allegations of Senator Ted Cruz‘s infidelity.  Senator Cruz accused Donald Trump‘s campaign of involvement. Trump today called that allegation “disgraceful” and reaffirmed that neither he, nor his campaign, had anything to do with it:

trump media wall

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Sex Scandals, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

187 Responses to Donald Trump Sunday Talk – ABC “This Week”…

• Lea says:

I am confused. A while back there was a tweet from Trump and it was called BS because there was no ‘blue check’ next to his name.
      I still do not know much more than that about Twitter, just what little I have picked up here at CTH.
      n3angus’ Amanda Carpenter’s twitter post and Golden Phoenix’s Bryan Crabtree’s twitter post has me wondering if these are fake Twitter accounts, as there isn’t a ‘blue check’ on them.
      I checked on CTH’s March 27th-2016 Presidential Election-Open Discussion to find a tweet and there was one that NHVoter posted from ABC’s ‘This Week’ and it does have the ‘blue check’ next to ‘This Week’.
      Yes, I am old and not Twitter savvy at all.
      Can anyone explain this to me?

• flyingtigercomics says:

if you have a “verified” account on twitter it means twitter is vouchsafing that the account owner is “really them” ie whatever pseudo celebrity or public figure the account apparently belongs to.

Without the blue check it could be a fake, parody or spoof account.

People unfamiliar with that system just shouldn’t get all up in it at all.

• Not everyone has the blue checks. Examples are Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Scarlet lettered Amanda Carpenter. In those cases one must read through the tweets and check who they’re following and even google to determine. In some cases it is hard to do. Even there is a fake Sheriff Joe twitter and now according to the Scarlet lettered Amanda there is now a fake one for her too.

Sheriff Joe: https://twitter.com/RealSheriffJoe
        Amanda Carpenter: https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter

The woman was required to wear a red letter “A” as punishment, which at that time served as a form of public shaming for people who strayed outside their marriage vows and committed Adultery, hence the letter “A”.

• shallbe4 says:

This morning on your website I watched a video of Trump being interviewed by a blondish haired guy with glasses. He asked Donald what you you say to a new poll which has come out which states that 30% of Republican voters want to see the party pick the nominee. Of course its not true because the other day I read on Gateway that Republican voters were standing firm that the Primary voters should decide the nominee. So what’s happening here? It appears to me that the E’s are going for this believing they can sell the voters on the candidate they choose. Please listen to this video again and tell me what you think.

1. Saint Cruzo has self inflicted Monkey Business picadillos, aided by RNC private investigations, GOP set honey traps and RINO news feeders. This will further undermine any ‘belief’ in the rigged, two party puppet show. When your opponent refuses reason, resort to ridicule….

“RiceARomney….that must have Zombie Treat”

A satire on a century of RINO-DINO POTUS puppet shows. Other than that, Happy Easter !

• joebal says:

just curious if it occurred to anyone else here.. how in every odd year, the redstate radio blowhards like Limbaugh/beck/Levine et al, talk about RINO’s not stop..

it’s rino this,, rino that.. RINO’s everywhere..

rino’s coming out of the woodwork!

rino… rino.. RINOS!!!!

my god it’s like an african safari with them! but in even numbered years we hear about how “good and reagan like” all these usual repubs are..

so convenient for them isn’t it? but I’m sure their listener ratings have NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AT ALL.. RIGHT?

remember 1/3 of the voting population doesn’t want to be associated with Dems or Repubs.. is there any wonder why?

2. Trump is not responsible and Cruz cheated and played around. I’m still waiting for the videos and more info! I trust God who will be the judge! Cruz has used God’s name in vain for his own profits during the whole campaign. That’s disgraceful!!

• Good job Mr. Bobby Jindal! Thanks and God bless you. says:

Indeed, Mr. Trump is right in everything. God bless him, he is in LA BOCA (MOUTH) DE LOS LOBOS (wolf).

• That is an Italian expression: “In bocca al lupo!” (In the wolf’s mouth) and “Crepi il lupo!” (wish that the wolfs dies!). Being in the mouth of the wolf and hoping the wolf dies. It means “good luck.” A very common expression in ITALY.

• tellthetruth2016 says:

Even if TRUMP came out and said ” yea, I told on you”, Teddy still cheated……..SO , IMO, it still shows he is NOT the bible thumper, great Christian , family man he presents himself to the voters…….He is still slimy and two faced………

3. americalsgt says:

Has Trump been relatively quiet the past few days, or is it my imagination? Also, have not heard anything about the birth of his grandchild. Hardly news for the MSM, so does anyone know?

• ZurichMike says:

Easter weekennd — people are probably not paying too much attention to politics. Trump also needs to rest — he’s had a bruising schedule. And when the other guy (Cruz) is going down in flames, it’s best to get out of the blast area.

• KitKat says:

His staff needs family/break time as well, Corey, his pilot et al.

• TwoLaine says:

TRUMP Force One needs a break too.

• chrystalia99 says:

OT, sort of–but there’s a neat documentary on Trump 1 (which the pilot calls the T Bird), the pilot etc. I found it fascinating!

• TwoLaine says:

That’s Mighty Planes on the TRUMP 757, by the Discovery Channel. It’s very good. A truly enjoyable 45 minutes for anyone who loves planes and hasn’t seen it yet.

• chrystalia99 says:

Yep, that would be it in all likelihood, though I just watched it straight from You Tube.

What I found interesting was the pilot’s and other employees’ attitudes about Trump–and also never knew about the whole serial number thing concerning plane parts or the low noise thing for Europe.

A friend who is a commercial pilot said this video made him switch from Cruz to Trump LOL–he said he didn’t know any “civilians” that understood the whole importance of serial numbers, or even knew about the low noise thing which is a apparently a political piece of BS on the EU’s part…

• amjean says:

I can’t wait for President Trump to use the same care
              and perfectionism for the US as he does for his airplane.

• chrystalia99 says:

I know, it was really cool to see such attention to detail. I also noticed his office was a working office, a real one.

In many CEO portrayals in documentaries, the desk is clear, the walls covered with diplomas and plaques and bragging. Not to mention the desk is typically the size of a full dining table.

Trump works in his office. I like that.

• auscitizenmom says:

Amjean, that is exactly what I thought was the MOST important thing I got out of the show. He knows so much about the plane and expects everything to be perfect.

• aur1640 says:

Not many politicians know what they are doing (except Sessions, Issa, Tancredo, etc.) I’d love to see what Trump does from the top down. I’m proud of what he does and what he can do with the right people. He is a gift to from this country to humanity!!

• chrystalia99 says:

He certainly is, and seeing him in the video about his plane was really cool. I noted that both his pilot and his executive VP had been with him over 20 years.

Considering how exacting and detail driven he is, that really says something about him.

• bluesky says:

I’ve gotten so used to Trump-speed that these last few days seem extremely quiet. I am sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes adjusting to the changing candidate field and remaining primaries.

• Good job Mr. Bobby Jindal! Thanks and God bless you. says:

Yes, he been busy. God bless all the Trump family.

• Jenny R. says:

Easter weekend, he is expecting a grandchild, and why say anything when your enemies are tying themselves into knots? He has said he was not responsible, this is all on Cruz, and with that washed his hands of the affair (pun probably intended).

• dizzymissl says:

He was on Spring Break this past week.

• arkansasmimi says:

Grandson was born today, Easter bunny brought him 🙂 Hope Mr. Trump has been able to get some much needed rest this last few days.

• Devora Clark says:

Theodore was born on Resurrection Sunday:)

4. “we have nobody at the helm…” exactly!

• Tonawanda says:

“we have nobody at the helm…”

THAT was another wonderful moment from this interview. No one is looking out for America or Americans. It is like we are leaderless against the Mafia and worse.

• Obomination says:

If only. The ugly truth is the enemy is at the helm.

• p'odwats says:

Blunt talk is necessary for these times. I think the vast majority of Americans know that we’re not safe domestically or internationally, and as the last major superpower the world is looking to us for leadership. Right now we’re adrift and no one is manning the wheel. Hence, we have ISIS and radical Islam running amok.

5. catmom says:

Great interview. I will be glad when he is back on the rally trail and talking about the issues.

And Thanks Again to Sundance for this awesome website!

6. I wonder if this is true. I have never listened to this guy. And don’t know who these sources but these are interesting tweets.

Courtesy: http://www.infowars.com/atlanta-radio-host-source-deep-inside-cruz-camp-says-ted-may-have-had-affairs/#disqus_thread

• Tonawanda says:

“I wonder if this is true.”

Respectfully, this is not a fact nor is it an opinion based on fact, let alone connected to the great Trump interview subject of the thread

Maybe a good rule of thumb is, if you have to wonder, don’t post.

I am only saying this because I LOVE the comments and would hate to see them go.

• pyromancer76 says:

If you wonder, don’t post it. We can find these items as we scour the internet for more info.

• My mistake. I should not have done that. I hope Sundance deletes it.

• highdezertgator says:

Wonder, wonder, wonder….. do not blunder, blunder. blunder.

If we lose ability to comment so be it.
          But, I am going to be a very, very, very unhappy Gator.
          I live in Socialist Territory Swamp where Trump Loving Gators are turned in by the Globalist Stasi for Free Thought, Love and The American Way,
          BTW: I am in no way being dramatic. They will make sure they ruin your life here.

So… no more wonder and no more blunder!

• ThePatriot says:

Well, click on the link in the article above and it will show you a Rick Wilson twitter and other corroborating evidence that this story was in the hands of the media and public several weeks before it became common knowledge.

7. Tonawanda says:

“Q: Is Europe a safe place for Americans?

Trump: AMERICA is not a safe place for Americans!”

Is it possible to love this guy more? Who else would speak the truth so quickly off the cuff?

• catmom says:

That was a great response. Does anyone need to be told that it is not safe to travel in Europe when it damn scary to go to the local grocery store in a sanctuary city in America? No.

• Thomas Berwick says:

In regard to sanctuary cities, Reno is considered to be one. However, the illegal immigrant ghetto is in Sparks, an adjacent city. The fact is that it is the Washoe County Sheriff Department that is providing the sanctuary.

I have researched “sanctuary cities” in Kansas and have found similar situations where the county sheriff is behind the sanctuary. Garden City, Kansas is a good example where the Finney County sheriff provides sanctuary for illegal immigrants working in the meat packing industry.

The real culprits are influential corporations wanting “slave” labor. Tyson and Cargill are examples.

• darcy says:

Sheriffs are elected and therefore susceptible to manipulation by community “leaders.”
          They are also accountable to the people, who read the commie news rags, watch the local commie TV station, go to commie schools, and work in commie corporations.
          Until the left gets its long-overdue comeuppance, sanctuary cities will thrive.
          If however Mr. Trump, as President, moves to deny federal dollars to said cities, we may begin to turn the corner on this particular issue.

• emma says:

Don’t let Catholic Charities and Lutheran Family Services off the hook (other churches as well are involved). They get tax money for resettling muslims here. It’s disgusting and so very deeply evil.

I don’t understand how it continues. Are Catholics generally aware or generally unaware of what Catholic Charities is up to? Same with Lutheran Family Services – do average Lutherans even KNOW that their organization is behind so much of the immigration? Do the congregations know and keep silent because they all benefit from the money? IS it all about the money for them?

Confusing to me that anyone claiming to be a Christian would hate his own neighbors so much that he would actively participate in their destruction.

• mossback says:

I am Catholic and only once had any dealings with the Catholic Charities who wanted me to pay for their services which to me was kinda against why I contacted them for my wife’s cancer battles…….anyway, I do not know if they assist in Moslem relocations to Ft Worth, but I do know one certain south Fort Worth baptist church bends over back wards to assist a cadre of moslem immigrants across the hiway from them………

• Truthfilter says:

I read that many of the charities who collect federal money for resettling refugees are religious in name only–not actually connected to a diocese or organized religious group. Those who ARE connected to actual church organizations should have their tax exemption status removed. I’m a Christian but religious charitable organizations should raise money through the passing of the plate–not via federal funding with my tax dollars. The problem is that some churches are running short on membership and therefore, money–

• I am Catholic and I can tell you that the average Catholic does NOT know that the church receives government funds for resettling muslims.
            Background- the churches/parishes themselves almost never bring up the subject of Catholic Charities. In the old days, it was a once a year collection. Now, Catholic Charities themselves solicits contributions from me, frequently, via snail mail, because I’ve donated in the past. Their letters, and the attached check-sized return envelopes, highlight the local charities assisted by contributions. There is no mention of resettlement or any funds received from the government. I only learned about it through websites. I no longer contribute.
            The Catholic Church, IMHO, cannot on one hand oppose ObamaCare and its forced abortion funding while at the same time taking tax dollars to “resettle” a non-assimilating culture whose ideology is violently anti-christian.

• Jenny R. says:

Catholic Charities is a public service organization; it is no longer under the direct auspices of the RCC any more than Caritas International or Faith-Based Initiatives is truly under Church auspices. I don’t know anything about Lutheran Family Services…but if they belong to the same umbrella group as CC, then they are likely not governed by the Lutheran Church (or perhaps not the Missouri Synod…the Evangelical Lutherans seem to be a bit…out there…for my ecumenical tastes, and they might be ok with it).
            That said, I have seen Catholic Charities do many good things — around here, before they were disbanded, they were the only ones who treated the poor with any amount of good will (the Salvation Army is embroiled in scandal where I live, so is Goodwill; they have treated people like, well, garbage) — so there are some local branches that keep to the original purpose and do good.

But to the point of the topic: On one hand, I can see the problem: charity is one of the tenets of the faith — you are supposed to care for souls and give them sanctuary (and indeed, there are many who are in need and are deserving) — churches by their nature are not supposed to give a tinker’s about nationalism or national borders; they are supposed to be shepherds for all. A good Christian is not to turn their backs on others.
            On the other, our government has made it nearly impossible for the good and oppressed to enter and quite easy for the out-law and the bad to enter. And our government has gotten itself quite wedged into what were once church only driven charities (and in this the churches have allowed themselves to be played by the princes)…a conflict of interest between church and state.

• Jenny R. says:

On the political side, I think that Trump has outlined what is probably the most humane plan in the long term. It also has not escaped me that personages involved on the other side have been quite ok with both creating and furthering the human misery which has resulted in such problems (they are up to the tips of their hair in blood both in the ME and in Mexico; they have no problems with the corruption and brutality in both places…they probably make a lot of money off of it).

• amjean says:

More than likely, payoffs are involved.

• Gail Combs says:

I can not stand either Tyson or Cargill for and I will leave it at that.

• MeThePeople says:

While listening to the interview; my wife commented “You know Donald Trump knows Mohammed Ali? I said of course I knew that, and that’s maybe where he learned how to float like a butterfly and kick Cruz’ behind.”
        I agree Tona & cat: despite the questions which were all designed to entrap Trump or generate sound bites to be used out of context later, Trump was effortlessly sending back over the net to whoever that idiot hitman was asking.

I think my favorite was when he was asked if the sparring back and forth should stop and Trump said he didn’t care, he is not initiating anything, but it is in his nature to defend.
        They call it a “strategic offensive”, the best defense is a good offence.
        Works for me.

BTW: It does seem like when they try to attack Trump, “S***t falls on them from high places”.

Go Trump

• chrystalia99 says:

I love the way he does that. And this was a really good interview all the way around, as I see it.

8. katiejane2 says:

Whether what is being rumored about Cruz is true or false it is interesting how Trump has to be to blame while every smear the Cruz or Rubio camps spewed about Trump is not their candidates’ responsibility. The bleat about the NE being a personal friend of Trump is foolish IMO – would they really risk a lawsuit if they had no source other than Trump insiders?

9. Forget the Cruz scandal.. I just find it curious. For the life of me, I don’t remember a candidate who has been pushed so hard from the very first day by talk radio show hosts like Limbaugh, Levin, Beck, and Ingraham. Even Savage has been attacking, then defending, then attacking, then praising Cruz. What is going on. Something smells fishy. Isn’t it suspicious to you guys? We have always had some people rooting for Santorums, Romneys, and … but it was always split and not this vicious. Now everyone seems to be on board with the #Nevertrump campaign but also pro Cruz from the day his campaign was launched.

• freeperjim says:

Trump threatens the income stream for the leftwing crony, big govt socialists – i.e. GOP-establishment.

Those who attack Trump – RushRINO et al – show their traitor colors.

• pyromancer76 says:

Also the globalist one-worlder elitists who want to be at the greedy receiving end — trillions of $. I don’t think they care squat about leftists or socialists except for opportunistic use of them.

• No doubt. But in the early days, they were kind of supporter of Trump (of course they were hoping he would collapse for Cruz to move to #1 position or something like that). I have never seen all these guys pushing the same narrative. I feel like there is another twist coming as far as Cruz is concerned, and I am not just talking about more women. Feels like an even bigger scandal will break, completely destroying the Rush cartel and fake conservative media for good.

• srr says:

Likewise here in the Australian political blogosphere, I’ve found a curious devotion to Cruz, no matter who else they also ‘claimed’ to like, and no matter the actual deal breakers against Cruz, he’s been their teflon ted.

Curiously these people also talk a big ‘Libertarian’, ‘small government’ talk, while actually working flat out at pushing the biggest Big EU & UN Global Dictatorial Government frameworks and dismantling protections against it … oh and they all also have a standard play, of outright lying to and about anyone and anything, ganging up to assassinate the character of honest people, and never risking being seen to break away from pack attacks to defend innocent targets … in other words, all slimey, UN Agenda peddling, cowardly snakes … just like Cruz

• Mudpie says:

Find and follow the money.

• Jenny R. says:

and consider the ideology and how it would deliver said money and power 😉

• Jenny R. says:

…and I will add more: the answer need not be looked for any further than the opening pages of The Animal Farm…these media personalities (and Ted himself) are nothing more than the pet raven, Moses.
          And this is also a good lesson for Easter…for it cuts to the core on a facet regarding true and false religion. False religions always promise Sugarcandy Mtn. and tell us to ignore the corpses piling up…true religion always point to the sacrifice and tell us to be very aware of the corpses.

• flyingtigercomics says:

In another example of the Evidence of Revision and Engineering of Consent, Buffalo Springfield was a group of session musicians and right-wing pro-goverment types, who despised hippies and supported the Vietnam War. This song is about LA closing an illegal mafia owned bar where bands played.

The actual lyrics are enlightening, to say the least.

• Zelda says:

Everyone- let other people know this because apparently it is an obscure fact, but…Clear Channel, the company that owns the Rush show, is actually owned by BAIN CAPITAL. Bain Capital was owned by MITT ROMNEY. Now Mittens no longer runs Bain, BUT he has millions invested so he has a big voice over conservative shows. Here is a link that exposes all: http://www.infowars.com/bain-capital-owns-clear-channel-romney-supported-by-talk-show-sphere/

• Gail Combs says:

I post this every couple of days:

Rush Limbaugh is up for negotiating a new contract with Bain Capital (Mittens Romney) right now.
          Wall Street Journal: Jul 3, 2008 – Rush Limbaugh signed an eight-year contract for about $400 million, a big jump from his last Clear Channel deal.

FROM WIKI
          Who owns Clear Channel?
          July 2008 – Bain, together with Thomas H. Lee Partners, acquired Clear Channel Communications

Bain Capital is a global investment firm. “Bain Capital was founded in 1984 by partners Mitt Romney, T. Coleman Andrews III, and Eric Kriss, Romney initially had the titles of president. He was also the sole shareholder of the firm. Early investors included members of elite Salvadoran families and other wealthy Latin Americans invested $9 million primarily through offshore companies registered in Panama.”

Mitt Romney’s partner in Bain Capital T. Coleman Andrews, III attempted to run for Lt. Gov of VA (but family issues caused him to drop out) and John Hager won and John Hager’s son married Jenna Bush daughter of George W. Bush. They’re all in bed together….

• myrightpenguin says:

“Forget the Cruz scandal… I just find it curious”

Strange opening to a comment, best avoided IMO, a bit of a riddle, lacks clarity if your intentions are good.

See the woods from the trees and understand there could be a whole lot more coming out after Easter weekend.

• I meant for the sake of discussion about Cruz and the kind of support he has been getting. Of course, there is more to come. Cruz is just looking for a way to bow out gracefully at this point.

• myrightpenguin says:

ok, please just try to be a little more considered in comments because this is a sensitive time regarding the comments section here. My advice, take it or leave it, but if you are a friend of this site please note that ‘friends’ are in it together here with collective responsibility.

• stella says:

It really isn’t necessary to become an appointed thread monitor. If you have a point to discuss with another commenter, then by all means do that.

Don’t parse what you think is the meaning of another person’s comment, and then define who is a “friend” and who is not. It is a step too far. Sundance can monitor the comments, along with the rest of our administrative team (that’s why we are here).

• myrightpenguin says:

It’s good to know there is an administrative team. Wasn’t aware of that, had a different impression from some comments last night when it was said we were on the edge of having comments closed. I just don’t want to see that happen. Note further above there has been carelessness from the same commenter and others pointed it out. For the record I wasn’t defining ‘friend’. If an administrative team is here to handle things that puts my mind at rest.

• elena19501 says:

Golden Phoenix (@Golden_Phoenix) No, I don’t think so, that Cruz “is just looking for a way to bow out gracefully at this point”…I think, that he is going to stay until the end and establishment will give him super-delegates…

• longiron2 says:

Trump know where all the bodies are buried and when he becomes POTUS all get exposed and BILLION if not TRILLIONS go with them.

• J Hopkins says:

I agree, especially with Savage. I was really surprised to hear him dog Cruz so much when Cruz attacked Trump supporters as “low information” voters. Then this past Friday he attacks Trump and threatens to drop his support because of the National Enquirer article, and praises Cruz’s response to the Brussels attacks. Very strange indeed.

• thehourofdecision says:

I’ve been listening to him for the last couple of weeks and understand your point. He especially came hard after Cruz for blaming Trump for the left wing agitators at his rallies. I noticed a lot of Cruz supporters call in. He may not want to alienate them by jumping in on the scandal, but it’s disappointing he would kind of point the finger at Trump. Why should Trump disavow something he had nothing to do with; he doesn’t know if the allegations are true or false.

• TwoLaine says:

It’s very, very simple. They have only a very small window left to stop him Once he hits 1237 it’s LIGHT OUT for ALL of THEM. They are less than 2.5 months from being TOTALLY TRUMPED, SCHLONGED, if you will.

They aren’t going down without the biggest, ugliest fight you’ve ever seen. They aren’t hiring thugs as agitators for nothing.

• stringy theory says:

TwoLaine, excellent comment as the window is getting smaller by the day. Trump is still on target to get or exceed 1237 while preacher rafael has no real window. He and Ksick are, as we all know, simply trying to stall the inevitable–a Trump win on the first ballot.

• Marygrace Powers says:

So true TwoLaine! Yesterday there were two quotes mentioned, worth repeating, from General Patton – “You shouldn’t underestimate an enemy, but it is just as fatal to overestimate him.” and “Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.”

Yes, the calm before the “biggest, ugliest fight/storm you’ve ever seen.”

“GIRD YOUR LOINS” …. strengthen yourself for what’s to come. I THANK GOD I’M WITH TRUMP! GET EM THE HELL OUTTA HERE!

• trapper says:

In the words of Cornell Haynes, Jr. “Hey, must be the money!”

• In my humble opinion, Mr. Cruz was skillfully packaged during the last few years. I remember that, early on, a special website was being pushed. The website was advertised as a way for people to find which candidate matched their political leanings. It was aimed at people who consider themselves to be conservatives. After going through the various questions presented, a “match” was made to which candidate you should like. No matter how you answered the questions, it just “happened” that Mr. Cruz was the candidate who always fit your political beliefs.

• bluesky says:

There seems to be a push-pull, pro-con, for-against dialogue this season which is unique, however it fits in the big picture of GOPe/Big Money versus Nationalist/Populist war going on. Its a Goliath vs David fight. Do the commentators follow the script of their Elite-masters & risk losing viewers/listeners? Losing viewers means losing advertisement $$, but not following the script is also a risk.

• Walt says:

Fox, CNN, MSNBC do not care about viewership. They are created to push false narratives by the Uniparty. They don’t care about viewers or truth all agenda all the time.

• Gail Combs says:

Correct. The MSM was purchased by the bankster-military-industrial complex back in 1915 and they have owned the MSM ever since. That is why the USA went from isolationist to ‘world policeman’ and racked up a huge federal debt. See my comment with lots of links HERE.

• trummpin says:

Go further back.. When did the media ever give any other “Tea Party” senator so much great press? they began shilling for him from the get go…

• We have to realize the purpose of tabloid talk radio: to peddle anger, complaining, and frustration. They are shows and shows are entertainment build around a host which nowadays are called STARS.

None of them will survive without this because IT’S WHAT THEY DO, THEIR PURPOSE.

In the old days men gathered in pubs where the news of the day, politics were discussed, argued about and complaints, bravado waged over beer, coffee and whatnot. After the invention of radio and TV this moved into the media taking its place on a large scale. Now it has become a BUSINESS. A big snot-ball multi-million dollar conglomerate of the news of the day mixed in with bravado, peddling anger, frustration, complaining, and LIES. No longer is it open discussion, it now has rules and stars and fans.

The media is now broken up into SHOWS. Shows are ENTERTAINMENT. They have HOSTS. The hosts are now STARS. The “show” is THE STAR’S SHOW and the show is now about THEM, the STAR. More on what a “star” is later but star is a fallen angel, aka an IDOL.

Michael Savage SHOW (the STAR of the SHOW is Michael Savage)
      Mark Leviathan SHOW (the STAR of the SHOW is Mark Leviathan)
      Rush Limbaugh SHOW (the STAR of the SHOW is Rush Limbaugh)
      Hannity SHOW (the STAR of the SHOW is Sean Hannity)
      and so on and so forth.

YOU = the target market audience, a fan, “fan” comes from the word FANATIC

ENTERTAINMENT: Entertain comes from the juxtaposition of French entre which comes from Latin Inter both words meaning ‘together, or among’, and Latin tenere, which means ‘to hold’.

So, literally, entertain means to ‘hold or support together’. Therefore, when you are entertaining a crowd, you are holding together their attention and amusement, naturally a crowd gathers together at a place if it possesses a certain awe of a thing in common.

• highdezertgator says:

We should know that we do not know!
      and when we know that we know
      then we will know!
      In the mean time
      In the space between,
      there is mystery and unknowing
      but be sure of this,
      Truth is very patient!

• Lostwithiel says:

Yes Golden Phoenix. I noticed it from the time of his announcement, and that’s what made me pay attention (had hardly even thought of Trump before). The first Fox debate reminded me of the other candidates surrounding Trump and throwing paper airplanes at him!

• Guy K. says:

Rush was not pushing Cruz from the very first day. In fact, it was conspicuous last summer how little Limbaugh ever even mentioned Cruz. Rush was pushing Scott Walker at this time last year–HARD. When Walker dropped out and Trump gained traction, Rush sounded very supportive of Trump for many months–still relegating Cruz to a background mention now and then. But something happened all of a sudden after the New Year, and Rush turned almost on a dime against Trump and started pushing Cruz overtly in January.

• grumpy70 says:

That was after the debate in SC, there was a tape of the GOP giving the marching orders to talk radio, news media and everybody to take down Trump. Rush started right away repeating all the negative media and making fun of Trump, also having callers criticize Trump.

10. Karen says:

Great Article as usual ! He has Risen – A Blessed Resurrection and Passover To All.

11. Leechat says:

The news (if they want to ) is smart enough to follow the lead that it was Rubio and his campaign doing the digging and bringing into the campaign Ted Cruz’s alleged affairs.
    I was worried about Trump falling for these media and campaign TRAPS.
    With this interview today – Trump CONTINUES to get smarter when dealing with people who are just trying to ‘trap’ and ‘sink’ him. Our Political system is so crooked – I Pray God gives Trump the delegates he needs to be nominated before the convention if it is His Will.
    I AM SO PROUD of Trump in this interview. Hallelujah!

• catmom says:

Agree. He was measured but firm as always. Does not take bait. I was glad he refused to comment on the concealed carry at the convention. There should be significant security at the event. I am sure the SS does not want people with concealed weapons.

• ZZZ says:

I agree – I see Mr. Trump “learning” as time passes. This environment is very different media coverage compared to the media coverage in the entertainment world. I would never want him to become like a “politician” but rather be guarded – wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove.

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Mt. 10:16

12. myrightpenguin says:

Normally when an alleged scandal is put out in the public arena there is coalescence behind the accused candidate as a natural reaction. What I see in this interview with Trump is the ending of that phase. Cruz’s accusation of Trump being responsible for the National Enquirer article is increasingly becoming apparent to more that it was a deflection tactic and has been shot down (Rick Wilson’s “The Thing” + ‘Anonymous’). On top of this we have the little matter of the rights bought to the GQ shoot and coordination of campaigns with Super-PACs.

On to the next phase, which instinctively feels like it will unfurl over the coming week…

13. bluesky says:

I’m glad that Trump addressed the GQ source of the Melania picture and copyright issues $$ which points to a preplanned & coordinated attack against Trump’s wife prior to Utah. This needs to be stressed because it really does indicate that either Cruz camp directly or indirectly started the ‘wife’ attack.

• Trump was great and right as usual. He’s RIGHT Nato is obsolete and based on the old cold war and that the countries involved are not the right ones for the fight on terror. GOOD 🙂

Also good he explained the difference between him simply counterpunching by retweeting a tweet vs. Cruz going out and purchasing the rights to Melania’s photo and using it to muddy the waters for UTAH voters. GOOD 🙂

I was wondering why Trump didn’t say that the affair story was cooked up months ago by others in the Rubio camp long before he ever tweeted “spilling the beans on Heidi.” But probably he didn’t want to open up that can of worms and for him it was more important to get the facts out about Melania’s photo rights being purchased by Cruz people with Cruz being in approval of it. GOOD 🙂

The interviewer was trying to push Trump into some statement on the guns issue by way of using the petition and when he saw Trump wouldn’t bite, dropped the petition angle and tried just to get Trump to talk about guns in the convention hoping they could get an off the cuff not thought out statement the media could use to make Trump look like some crazed violent gun person. Trump also didn’t take that bait. GOOD 🙂

Missing like the elephant in the room was any mention of Easter or HAPPY EASTER which I found odd. Unless it was prerecorded or ?

• oops! correction: “interviewer” should read “INTERROGATOR”
        my mistake!

• Re NATO He / you are right. Also, the EU makes NATO obsolete. The individual countries have become like states in the USA with no powers to make treaties. They can’t even say they won’t take muslim refugees. The only thing standing in the way of us becoming another EU state is Donald J. Trump.
        In the interview, I liked his answer to “Do you think it’s unsafe for Americans in Europe.” Rather than answer directly, Trump said he thinks it’s unsafe here. GOOD 🙂

14. John Galt says:

How many weak libtard journalists has Trump owned now? I lost count.

15. rsmith1776 says:

Thanks Sundance… I missed new Donald Trump appearances but I also hope he had/has a nourishing Easter weekend.

16. emma says:

That was an excellent interview. Thank you for posting it, I’d have missed it otherwise (no television here).

More convinced than ever that Mr. Trump is the right man, at the right time, for our nation.

17. helenerbrown says:

Great interview and Trump forcefully got back to the important issues and wasn’t led around. I did my due diligence on the Cruz scandal and I am over it. Back to what matters Make America Great Again.

• p'odwats says:

Amen to that. His point on NATO being obsolete and not set up to handle the terrorist threat was right on the money. I think so many of us have been conditioned to believe that a politician that gives us heavily rehearsed answers out of briefing books is knowledgeable and smart. Mr. Trump tells it blunt, simple English that every person can understand where he’s coming from. His opponents say he’s an empty suit, but notice how from immigration to economics to terrorism it’s Mr. Trump setting the agenda and everyone else following his lead. He’s smarter than everyone gives him credit for,but he doesn’t BS the general public with a bunch of nuanced, consultant approved political speak. It’s blunt, honest talk. So badly missing from the national debate.

18. paulraven1 says:

I may be missing something. But I don’t see how the media is not equally disgraceful in recycling a smear as it if is news and demanding that Trump explain himself. That’s a variation of McCarthyism. Go ask Cruz why he made a charge without proof? Or ask Rubio — wasn’t he the one pitching the story around? Put a reporter on the case. Investigate, do your job. I can understand that Trump doesn’t want to engage in adversarial interviews at this point, so sic Katrina on them. It’s the MEDIA that needs to be put on the defensive.

19. Rabbit says:

I just know that Trump is always five steps ahead of whatever they throw at him. He is the Chess Master while they are playing checkers. He will Make America Great Again!

20. wyntre says:

Jonathan Karl tried his best to get a repeatable soundbite from Trump and was swatted away.

He tried to get Trump to say he would support Muslim internment camps in the U.S.

He tried to pin him down on the petition to allow open carry at the Cleveland Convention.

Trump is getting better at sniffing out the ever-present underlying media hostility and measuring his responses to these outrageous questions.

• I think we are going to see a different Trump next week. Chris Christie has allegedly been coaching a bit as reported in this article. http://nypost.com/2016/03/25/chris-christie-leads-donald-trumps-debate-prep/

• DEGinTN says:

This stood out to me:” from Christie confidante Bill Palatucci also sits on the Republican National Committee’s Rules Committee and will be advancing and protecting The Donald’s interests within the party and at the convention.” ..It comforts me to know that bit of info! @http://nypost.com/2016/03/25/chris-christie-leads-donald-trumps-debate-prep…………..

• highdezertgator says:

surprised Karl didn’t ask Mr Trump if he would round up the Easter Bunny and lock him up for spreading tooth decay today!

• jeans2nd says:

On the petition to open carry in Cleveland – In the Karl interview, I heard a banker saying “Sure you can read the mortgage refinance contract, we’ll give you a copy, sign here first,” while the “Panel” heard “no commitment on policy” from Mr. Trump. Kasich said on MTP the exact same NATO policy as Mr. Trump said in this Karl interview, just in different words. The MTP “Panel” said Kasich was brilliant and Mr. Trump has no foreign policy knowledge. Funny how that works.

21. Coltman says:

Lyin’ Ted says………Who ya gonna believe? Me or ya lying eyes?

22. burnett044 says:

Just the thought of Ted Cruz having intercourse with any one makes me want to go have electric shock therapy to erase it from my mind…I could care less about his sex life..it`s his disgusting lies and screwed up mind and agenda that is evil to me…Cruz is a sick man and most of those around him or just as sick…I will be glad when the adventure of Horn -dog Teddy are over…

23. tuskyou says:

He avoided the “guns at the convention” trap.
    Excellent!

24. hocuspocus13 says:

Cruz…Cruz…Cruz…what is wrong with Cruz?

The media put out that Cruz and his campaign contacted NY Republicans and told them Kasich is not on the NY Rep Primary Ballot so don’t vote for Kasich

😎😎😎

25. Carolina Kat says:

Internment camps?! Where out of left (and I do me left) field did that come from? Nobody said anything about mistreating Americans, including muslim Americans. GAK – these people are insultingly paranoid.

Also I think Ted Cruz owes Donald Trump an apology. This entire episode shows that Cruz lacks the judgement and the temperament required for POTUS – and that’s even if these allegations turn out to be false. If true, then Cruz needs to resign the Senate and go home. He’s an embarrassment, and if he was capable of shame, he should be consumed by it. I guess when you start with adultery, bearing false witness is just another one of those Commandments for other people. Same with that whole taking God’s name in vain thingy.

Memo to Ted: You are always within smoting range. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

• tuskyou says:

Internment camps!!! WTH?! I had the same reaction. Now some talking head can say Trump says no to internment camps…. As if it’s possible or was contemplated by him. Pathetic.

• VegasGuy says:

They (MSM) love to dissect his words & try to find where he advocates what ever it is that the GOPe finds meme worthy.

Like when Trump said if there were a brokered convention there would be riots.His words were put in a question format when he spoke. Like….” I don’t know what would happen…would there be riots?”

Then suddenly all the talking heads were spouting that Trump advocates “riots” if he is not nominated…..SMH

It’s akin to something out of Bevis & Butthead…..”(giggle, giggle, giggle….He said “Riots” he, he, he……

Ignore them all. I do…..Stand by your innermost feelings that Trump will do right by America. Their “movement” to stop Trump really isn’t getting any traction & the desperation is oozing through. While Trump is gaining followers & winning States along the way, they swear that he is “toast”.
        Talk about denial…..

• Jenny R. says:

I believe this may be a bit of projection: Cruz mentioned something about patrolling neighborhoods and Malkin used to have a thing for internment camps (as does the left…Ayers’ past remarks I believe had some lines about doing this to people who didn’t “think correctly”).
        This, the black lists, the “garbage people”…the masks are slipping…finally.

• nimrodman says:

tuskyou said “… Internment camps!!! …”

“Trump refuses to disavow internment camps! He’s unqualified!”
        (for Bluto’s list)

• chrystalia99 says:

All I heard prior to this was something about LyinTED saying we should have cops patrolling Muslim neighborhoods or something. How the heck did these yoyos come up with “internment camps”???!

So I did a search and apparently some “bloggers” of various types have been talking about it being time for camps. Good grief. Has the press asked old LyinTED about camps yet? If not, why not? And while they’re at it, they should ask LyinTED about his pile of nutball endorsements.

• catmom says:

Thought the same thing. For “Muslim Americans”. That implies American citizens, not people flooding in illegally, or “refugees”. Good grief! Tapper was horrible today also, but Stephen Miller was great with the 4 to 1 ambush.

26. Coldwarrior says:

love this joint! happy easter yinz!

27. Thomas Berwick says:

Lyin’ Ted lost his new hat and spent days looking for it. Finally, he decided that he would go to church on Sunday and sit at the back. During the service he planned to sneak out and grab a hat from the rack at the front door.

The next Sunday, he went to church and sat at the back. The sermon was about the Ten Commandments. He sat through the whole sermon and, instead of sneaking out with someone’s hat, he went to talk to the minister.

He said to the minister, “Preacher, I came here today to steal a hat to replace the one I lost, but after hearing your sermon on the Ten Commandments, I changed my mind.

The minister said, “Bless you my son. Was it when I started to preach about “thou shall not steal”, that changed your heart?

The man responded, “No, it was the one on adultery. When you started to preach on that, I remembered where I left my hat.”

28. carolmcd says:

Kirsten Powers set the record straight on Fox News Sunday that it was anti-Trump, anti-Cruz people who have been pushing this story for months. How much you want to bet they will hold this until Cruz gets to the convention or beats Trump? They want Cruz to beat Trump and then they will let loose all the anti-Cruz stuff and substitute someone for Cruz at the convention.

Roger Stone seems to believe the Cruz sex scandal might be true and that it might involve something less than actual intercourse. He talks of oral sex in a closet at the GOP state convention. He also intimates that a brother of one of the Cruz women could come forward. I’m wondering if he knows how this might unfold.

• rumpole2 says:

Yeah… I think Stone was alluding to some of the details 🙂

• thehourofdecision says:

Nice to see Kirsten Powers of all people coming to bat for Trump by setting the record straight.

• LoL! Sounds like more excusing Cruz baloney. Part of it is true but at the same time makes Cruz, who IS the villain of the story, appear as a victim. Another example of how they try to put Cruz on a par with Trump. That’s that Hannity Cruz worship BULLshevik at work. #1 Yes, we all know the GOPe hate Cruz. #2 No, Cruz is a liar and villain, we know that Cruz is being used to take down Trump. The Cruz protectors and defenders always fail to mention #2

As for “less than actual intercourse?” I’m not a baby and I don’t have a “stupid” gene.

“Let’s sleep naked I promise I won’t try anything” 🙂

Even for those that are stupid enough to believe that, fornication includes any sexual act between unmarried people, adultery the same. Even a kiss, and I don’t mean a peck on the cheek.

29. TimeIsNow says:

I’ve coined a new term called “EMOTIONAL LEVERAGE” based on the idea that SJWs and also people such as hard core Cruzbots are just completely attached to emotions and are not at all able to think in logical terms, so no amount of facts will effect them. The MSM, and even Talk Show hosts such as Rush, Levin, Beck and now Savage know this so they all try to use emotions to steer their viewers and listeners.

Many people have Red Pilled and broken away from these controlled Propaganda Sources, but, for now, they still hold sway over many who are not capable of exploring in any depth on the obvious outcomes of further mass immigration and it’s destruction of the Western World, and it’s form of C9ivilization.

The GOPe and it’s propaganda arms seldom bother with facts as they simply lie and then “double down” most of the time when exposed. These lies are simply emotional appeals, and only work on the deluded, yet there is still tons of people that need to “fit in” and are afraid to really even look at the truth, even when it is right in front of their eyes.

Since you can’t reach these people wit simple facts, only further shocks will startle them into seeing the desperation that not only America, but all of Western Civilization is going through .

• stringy theory says:

Cruzbots are determined to get to preacher Teddy’s space craft, you know, the one tagging along behind Hale-Bopp. No amount of logic or reason will save them.

30. Dennis says:

Cheesh, but my wife and I enjoy this site. The articles/explanations by Sundance, the user comments, the religious pieces by Menagerie. We learn so much.
    May God bless Donald Trump, Melania, and their children.
    Mr. Trump, you have pulled back the curtains and brought all the ugliness and corruption to light.

31. Joebhall says:

Is Trump not the biggest moron? Who supports this guy? Answer: idiots.

• JRD says:

Aww, your desperation is showing.

Trump is the nominee and there is nothing that you can do about it. CorrupTED Bush has been mathematically eliminated. A vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote for the corrupt Bush Mafia.
      There is no remaining reason for a Cruz candidacy any longer now that he is openly in bed with the corrupt cartel and endorsed by the corrupt Bush Mafia. 8 members of Jeb’s finance team have joined Cruz. That’s cartel money, dude. Reason much?

Governor Palin who has a 20 year history of proven reform and fighting corruption, Senator Jeff Session who has a history of fighting for the Middle Class, and Phyllis Schlafly who has a history of fighting the corrupt Kingmakers all endorsed Trump. Schlafly knew and stated that Cruz would play ball with the Kingmakers. And he has.

Cruz would have killed to have those endorsements.
      You are on the side of Bush and Lindsey Graham, ROFLOL That’s who endorsed Cruz.

An idiot is someone who supports a freshman senator with no executive experience, a financial imbecile, 0bama 2.0
      Cruz has no track record of proven reform, no history only in office a short 18 months, and no accomplishments in office. Cruz is as accomplished as Hellary, NOT AT ALL.

You’re going to love President Trump! A proven accomplished executive, a thinker, a problem solver.

Discernment is not your strong point!

• thehourofdecision says:

Is that you Stoopid?

• stringy theory says:

I smell flop sweat coming from old Joebhall. He’s freaking out watching his man crash and burn. Why don’t you run along like a good little basement dweller before your mamma yells at you again for not cleaning your room.

• ssupsky says:

Just ignore the troll. It is another attempt to damage this fine site.

• Martin says:

Buzz off you idiot.

• Sue in montana says:

Go sit in the corner

• cozette says:

Trumps IQ makes him smarter than 99.99% of the people on this planet. Plus hes been an internationally renowned businessman, best selling author and celebrity since the 80s. He knows about the world because he does business around the world and has heavy hitter friends in every country who tell him whats really going on. He even has friends in the Ukraine who are keeping him up to speed. Then there’s Ted who’s been a Senator for a couple years, the only foreign country he’s probably visited personally is America, who gets his foreign policy advice from the Bush neocons who got us into Iraq. No contest on who is qualified to be POTUS. Ted needs to go back to practicing law.

32. shevtsova251 says:

It’s a good interview in which Donald Trump acknowledges how the system is corrupt in the way delegates are given to Ted Cruz in states where he lost, similar to Clinton receiveing delegates than Sanders in states where she lost. Élections are usually stolen, but now you can see it in the open. We would think that this transparency will make them unsuccessful this time, but we will see. I hope people of good will have a good plan that Donald Trump is not defrauded from his nomination and election.

33. burnett044 says:

me think Teddy Boy is crackin up…maybe he be a feared of a charging Trump..

34. citizen817 says:

Remember when Trump threatened FORD about moving to Mexico. He took a lot of flack (incoming)
    for his comments. Now this, in a letter to Trump, Mark Fields, C.E.O of Ford, gives Donald an outline of company plans. Not president yet, and getting a response is huge, IMO.

35. conservativehippie says:

thank you mr. trump for another super solid interview.

the american people don’t even want to hear from obama and that includes libtards. when a crises happens we all turn to you. and you’re not even the nominee yet.

36. srr says:

So, all of DC, all the GOP, all the RNC, all the world’s lyin’ media form into a great Cruz-Bot and Take On Trump … and that great legion of lyin’ beast-bots get smashed, and smashed, and smashed, over and over again … and he hasn’t even started on Hillary … yet …

Now really, what sort of a suicidal idiot would you have to be to still want to stand in the breach between Donald and Hillary?

It’s like he’s mercifully giving the world a demonstration of why they should repent and walk away from every support and structure of The Current System, from the penthouse to the sewer … while they still can …

37. Martin says:

38. Mr. Lucky says:

I have a copy of a tweet from Amanda Carpenter dated 12/22/2015.

It says: “Daddy Cruz is coming to get you Washington Post”.

Amanda Carpenter was calling Ted Cruz “Daddy”.

39. dlbrand says:

Excellent interview.

Trump clearly has his eyes wide-open. Understands the threat and speaks with candor to it.

As he stated, the worst terror here in our homeland is more probable than not yet to come…

If/When it does, should Trump be our Commander in chief at that time, he is by no means fixing to fiddle-fart in his dealing with the source—the reason—behind the terror committed in obedience to the Islamic “sacred text.”

In brief.

40. arkansasmimi says:

*** CLUB OF THE CLUB FOR GROWTH….
    Little Rock’s Warren Stephens spends millions against Trump

By Zachary Mider Bloomberg News
    This article was published March 22, 2016 at 5:45 a.m.

NEW YORK — He’s a billionaire who took over his father’s business and expanded it ambitiously. Over the years, he’s owned fine wines, a fleet of jets and an exclusive golf course, and has handed out money to politicians in both parties.

There end the similarities between Warren Stephens and Donald Trump. As Trump moves toward the Republican presidential nomination, Stephens, an investment banker from Little Rock, has emerged as one of the real-estate mogul’s deepest-pocketed opponents within the party.

With Trump leading in the delegate count, his Republican opponents are focused on preventing him from winning the outright majority that would guarantee his nomination. A trio of conservative groups not affiliated with any candidate has spent about $28 million against him, mostly on negative ads that aired in the past few weeks. So far, the effort has failed to dent his popularity.

Stephens and his brother, Jackson “Steve” Stephens Jr., gave a total of $3.5 million last month to two of these groups, according to filings Sunday with the Federal Election Commission, on top of $500,000 last year.

The filings show only one other family, the Ricketts clan of Omaha, Neb., that’s a bigger contributor to the stop-Trump campaign, having given $5 million since January. Other backers of the effort revealed in the filings were Paul Singer, the New York hedge-fund manager, who gave $1 million; and William Oberndorf, a San Francisco investor, who gave $500,000.

While Trump parlayed his exploits as a New York developer into international fame and a reality TV career, Stephens has cultivated a lower profile. But his family’s name has been a powerful one in Arkansas for decades.

According to a 2012 profile in Barron’s that calls Stephens “The King of Little Rock,” his uncle, Witt, a cigar-chomping former Bible salesman, founded the investment bank in 1933. The firm passed to Witt’s brother Jackson Sr., then to Warren Stephens. Forbes estimates Stephens’ personal fortune at $2.4 billion.

In 2004, Stephens opened an exclusive, world-class golf club overlooking Lake Maumelle outside Little Rock. “I don’t really know how much money I’ve spent on it,” he told Barron’s.

Stephens is a longtime Republican donor, although he supported former Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton in his first presidential run in 1992. The financier and his wife were later rewarded with an overnight stay in the Lincoln Bedroom, a White House perk the president handed out to hundreds of supporters. (Stephens backed Republican Bob Dole during Clinton’s re-election campaign.)

During the current race, Stephens has handed out a total of $300,000 to super PACs supporting Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Chris Christie, all of whom have since dropped out of the effort to become the Republican nominee.

Most of the Stephenses’ giving in recent years has been to a super PAC run by Club for Growth, a powerful conservative group that pushes for limited government and lower taxes, and which has been one of the biggest spenders against Trump.

Steve Stephens, who runs Exoxemis, a biomedical company in Little Rock, is chairman of the Club for Growth. Reached by phone, he said he didn’t want to comment on his donations or on the subject of Donald Trump.

He did mention, however, that he’s a songwriter and keyboardist in a progressive-rock band called Rayburn. He pointed to a 2012 number that he said “kind of expressed what I may feel about certain political types.”

It’s on YouTube, and it’s called “Keep the Change.” The lyrics include:

You call your own shots

Breakin’ every law

Burning down what our fathers built. http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/mar/22/lr-s-stephens-spends-millions-against-t/