Enough Is Enough – Bobby Jindal Walks Away From #NeverTrump Camp…

Political battles are not that much different from traditional wars and battles.  Most of the attention is always focused on what’s visible, what you can see, the consequences.

GOP primary 2

However, it’s far away from the geography where the real stakes are determined.  Three levels: #1) The actual fighting, the battle space.  #2) The assembly of Generals at HQ.  #3) The cloistered closed-door meetings where the politicians decide.

The media keeps everyone focused on #1, it’s easier – there are “sides” etc.  But the GOPe roadmap, and the eye-opening “Splitter Strategy”, was found by focusing intense sunlight upon #3.

Now…

…When the stakes are at their highest, anyone is expendable.  As a consequence no-one is not expendable.

Remember that.

Focusing on the safer battle space of #1 – Bobby Jindal came out publicly and told the Never Trump folks, they were going too far:

The GOP establishment is done for…this race shows that. Voters are angry and frustrated…Donald Trump should serve as a wake-up call.

When huge chunks of your base are telling you something, you have to listen to them…let’s let the voters speak.

[…] The reality is, you can do the math. He has done very, very well. It is exactly what is wrong with the GOP establishment and it ignoring the will of the voters.

[…] If it comes down to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I would certainly support Donald Trump as the Republican nominee. (link)

Woven between the words expressed by Bobby Jindal is a tactical reality few are paying close attention to.  The visible battles are being waged without anyone looking to see who exactly is orchestrating those battles, and for what larger benefit?

Here’s the sequential drop out order from the 2016 Presidential Race:

9. Governor Chris Christie
  10. Carly Fiorina
  11. Senator Rick Santorum
  12. Governor Jeb Bush
  13. Dr. Ben Carson
  14. Senator Marco Rubio

Leaving a two-year (Jan ’13 – March ’15) Senator, Ted Cruz, and milquetoast Governor John Kasich to oppose, and coordinate against, candidate Donald Trump.

What the media hide:

With the over-the-top help of the GOPe Generals (#2), Kasich won Ohio; therefore he has to stay in.

Why?

Because if Kasich dropped out according to Ohio election law all of his 66 delegates become bound to the second place finisher, Donald Trump.

John Kasich cannot exit the race without helping Donald Trump.  Senator Ted Cruz knows this.  Senator Ted Cruz does not want Governor John Kasich to leave the race because of it. Yet Ted Cruz goes on TV demanding a Kasich exit.

When you accept these fundamental truths, you clearly see, yet again, the GOPe scheme involves Ted Cruz.

The political battle space (#1), as it is being sold via media, is a Potemkin village.

But most of you already know that by now.

How do you know?

Because you have focused on #3, where the real decisions are being made.

Today, surprise, Governor Jeb Bush endorsed Senator Ted Cruz….  We’ll talk about that.

Carefully.

Because, well, I don’t want to be Michael Hastings.

This entry was posted in Death Threats, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Professional Idiots, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

336 Responses to Enough Is Enough – Bobby Jindal Walks Away From #NeverTrump Camp…

1. safvet says:

Check six, SD.

• Talk radio (Mike Gallagher?) saying today that Kasich taking Soros money was “crazy internet talk”. Nice to know that the GOPe will join Hillary’s final assault on the Treehouse.

Hope they’re ready to go nuclear. I am.

• Katefelinus says:

Sundance, like countless others I am so grateful for your investigative journalism, knowledge, and courage. Your last statement regarding Michael Hastings left me stunned. I was quickly reminded of the evil we are confronting. I still keep a picture of Hasting’s car in my phone and memories of others who had questionable deaths: Kyle, Breitbart, Scalia, etc. You are in our prayers and all the others who are fighting the Good Fight. God bless-

2. Concerned says:

In 2015, well before Trump announced that he would be a candidate, Kasich and the OH legislature moved the data of the Ohio primary so they could make it winner-take-all. It used to be early and was required to dole out delegates proportionately. So no doubt Kasich knew at that time that he would be a candidate, that he would likely win all of the delegates, and he could hang on to them through the first round of voting. It makes me wonder if he was ever a serious candidate at all. Did he even do any campaigning? Spend any of his own money?

• jackphatz says:

I think Kasich is doing all he can for the party right now. He never meant to be a real boy in all this.

• dbobway says:

Kasich is a nice guy.

But he is an empty suit.

He talks about all he did for Ohio as Governor

Never mentioned is oil came in and started drilling and created revenue and jobs, in Ohio, while Kasich was Governor. With out his help politically.

Just like Obama he takes credit for good news while his policies do everything they can to stop the very change in this country the voters want.

Enough is enough!

• noritadek says:

If you are helping the establishment instead to work for your people, you are not a good guy. You are a prostitute and a traitor. If Kasick stays in the race knowing that there is not chance mathematicaly for him to get the nomination, he’s just playing politics, not caring for what the people wants, therefore he’s not a good guy

• palerider1861 says:

Nice guy? Scratch the surface, and you’ll see he’s a amnesty-loving, anti-gun liberal masquerading as something else — not my definition of nice!

• noritadek says:

So true palerider! I despise the guy! and I don’t understand how he is “helping” Trump staying in the race. For me is the opposite but then again, I don’t know very much about the system.

• rashamon says:

Kasich is a Lehman operative, rewarded with a political office and lucking into some oil money so it appears he now knows more about finances than he did at Lehman. Backing Common Core, expanding Medicaid and talktalktalktalking too much in hopes that something will stick (or slip unnoticed such as his confrontation with the LEO he called an “idiot”), Kasich reminds me of many executives preening under their own PR. He is beginning to believe all those nice things said about him by people who really don’t care or who are paid to write all those clever compliments. Never believe your own PR people, John. They’re just doing it for the dime.

• Garrison Hall says:

All. Politicians. Are. For. Sale. Keep repeating this until it becomes real. While some politicians are less for sale than others, all their careers are dependent on donated money and the most stable source of donated money comes from special interests with specific political/economic/social agendas they want politicians to support. I’ve been a supporter fof Cruz for several years because I think he falls into the “less for sale” category and because, relative to most other choices, he’s the better one. Trump on the other hand scares the absolute pee out of other politicians because he’s the guy who have them money and expected them to do things for him. And now that he’s in politics he seen as a traitor to his class, someone who knows all the secret rules of the political class’s games but who has now gone over to the other side. Thus Trump is, for the GOPe, a double whammy. First they’ve been completely dumbfounded by the sudden appearance of the insurgence, something they’d never anticipated. And then, to compound their fear and loathing, the established order of things is upended by Trump. The guy who used to give them money is now running against them, promising to tear down the very apparatus he help to build and maintain. GO TRUMP!!

• solomonpal says:

Watch the follow up. He will be taken care of.

3. Howie says:

Paul Ryan is expendable. Vote for the democrat.

4. Linda says:

Something I’m not clear about. I get that if Kasich completely drops out, his delegates would go to Trump. But other candidates are “suspending” their campaigns, not totally dropping out. So couldn’t Kasich simply suspend his campaign and keep the delegates?

• TheJesterLaughs says:

Different states have different rules. I noticed that Alaska delegate counts changed and when I looked at what happened it was that Rubio originally got 5 delegates. After he suspended his campaign those delegates were allocated to Trump and Cruz (now a 14-14 split).

This is the only state where that happened so I guess some states have rules where delegates are only allocated to active candidates.

• Ma'iingankwe says:

Thank you. My goodness, I live in the state of Alaska, and didn’t even know that. I couldn’t figure out where I went wrong in my delegate count. It seemed overnight the numbers were different without explanation.
        In addition, I did not know if Kasich dropped out his delegates would go to Trump. It certainly would be nice if the whole country was told this. It does give light to why certain decisions are being made.
        Again thank you,
        Ma’iingankwe

• TheJesterLaughs says:

Your welcome. Glad to be of assistance.

And after reading the Ohio rules, if Kasich drops out anytime before 18th June (30 days before convention), his delegates go to Trump. The date of the last primary is 7th June, so Kasich is definitely going to the convention even if he doesn’t get another delegate.

• solomonpal says:

You could also change your declaration in Alaska voting. I switched from U undeclared to Graft Old Party to vote Trump same day. Not sure if you could have switched from Demoncrat however.

• Michael says:

I’m not seeing the specific line item that states what happens to delegates when the original candidate drops out. Any help here? Any which article or line number should I look at in the attached link?

• KillingEmSoftly says:

I can’t find it either…that’s why I came back to this article and am looking through the comments to see if I can find something that is concrete

• Notmeagain says:

I’ve been out, sorry to come back so late and find all this about the 66 delegates that might go to 2nd place in Ohio. That whole story as far as I know started from a tweet by Allahpundit. The person, can’t remember name, responding to AP quoted that rule. So, if there’s a way to comb Allahpundit’s tweets, maybe it’s findable. Otherwise it is in a thread from shortly after Ohio. I will look but no guarantees. And I did look but found no rule because the search engines were drowned with Rubio dropped out, Kasich Ohio 66, etc. I did find an article that was not too helpful, said basically “different states have different rules about the delegates of candidates who dropped.” Big duh. Some go to 2nd place, some are unbound, some are reapportioned as in Alaska.

5. Chip Bennett says:

So I guess Amanda Carpenter will be adding Jindal to the Fascist GOPe Blacklist, now, eh?

6. Get that list of Judges out there. That will silence a lot of blowhards.

7. Oldskool says:

File the lawsuit against Cruz to determine his eligibility status and be done with this. The Consular Report of Birth Abroad was filed in 1986, 12 years after Cruz re-entered the US in 1974. His mother renounced her American citizenship in 1968, Cruz was born in 1970 and shows on his birth certificate “Canadian” as citizenship status. This isn’t that hard. Why has he sealed whatever file he has if there is nothing in there? Answer, he can’t prove he is even a US citizen.

• Pam says:

Bingo, especially now when you consider the ridiculous attacks against Melania, no wonder Trump is saying that Heidi’s past is fair game. Ted didn’t need to go there and I think he’s going to regret it. All of the info about the campaign cash from Goldman Sachs and the truth about Cruz’s citizenship really does need to come out NOW!

• NJF says:

Watching Charles Payne’s show and they are saying Cruz should have disavowed this. Well of course there was one not agreeing and they got into such an argument they never even brought up Trump’s response lol!

• Trump doesn’t have to say a thing more. Heidi ho is in the process of spilling the beans all over herself….with the help of her husband who threw her to the wolves by not disavowing his super pac’s ad. What happened to Ted whose job it is to protect, defend and provide for his wife? I would say Melania got the way better man in Sir Donald.

• judyw says:

And I have to wonder if Heidi’s past includes her suicidal response to Ted’s relationship with Katrina Pierson when she worked for him.
        Most of you have seen the face of the woman who is the spokeswoman for Donald Trump. What you might not know, and what is being covered up, as this story is filtering through the internet, is that Katrina Pierson for the Tea Party, used to work for Ted Cruz.

• Notmeagain says:

It would hurt Katrina to drag her into this mess when she has escaped to relative safety with Trump. Pleasant as it would be to drive a stake into Vlad Cruz, it doesn’t seem good for either her or Trump to do it this way.

• jello333 says:

Agree. Donald should NOT go after Heidi over anything personal, especially the “depression” stuff, the cops finding her on the side of the road, etc. STAY AWAY FROM THAT. Instead, go after her (if need be) over her scary political, NWO type connections… something along those lines.

• SharonKinDC says:

Trump has been very gentle w/ his opponents, if you think about it. Case in point, Cruz. Trump normally brings up Cruz’s deceptions about himself to voters: Canadian birth, dodgy loans.

As for Heidi, I don’t see him digging into the personal, but the professional. Plenty to work with. Readers here already noted they’d talked to Cruz supporter friends who had no knowledge of either Ted or Heidi’s deep insider, loan, and Canadian issues.

• helix35 says:

Thanks for the link. Great site.

• Daniel says:

I have found an article where Cruz’s senate campaign spokesperson told Dallas Morning News that the CBR was files by his mother so he could get a passport for a school trip to England. I didn’t get a date from the article. Where did you get a date of filing and any date of her renouncing her US citizenship?

• Jett Black says:

I’d be willing to bet mama Cruz’s “renunciation of U.S. citizenship” is based on her acceptance of Canadian citizenship in order to register to vote in Canada, which it’s documented she did. There is probably no formal document renouncing U.S. citizenship, though I’d sure like for some neutral, reliable authority to review her and Rafe’s records to see just what’s in there.

They don’t have to be made fully public. Just let a federal judge (preferably a Reagan era appointee) look at them and recite the relevant facts obtained into a public, official record. Also, from what I understand, the records are not “sealed” in the sense that there is no court order or anything preventing disclosure; however, Rafe hasn’t authorized their release, so they sit in Canadian gov’t files unaccessed. At this point, it’s probably better to let Cruz stay in to split the GOPe votes from Kasich. Then, when Kasich finally throws in the towel, take Cruz down based on eligibility, just as Jeb always intended to do.

• JSBachLover says:

No, it’s not documented Cruz’s mother registered to vote in Canada, if you’re referring to her name being on what’s called an numerator’s list. Those lists include all residents, by neighborhood. Then “enumerators” would go door to door to verify the list, checking if they’re correct both in terms of residents and citizenship. Being on the list did NOT mean you were a citizen. When t hey came by you had to verify the info, and whether you were a citizen, somewhat like our Census. I know because I was on an enumerate’s list in Ontario when I lived, there. I had to tell them I was not a Canadian citizen and thus I couldn’t vote..

• Daniel says:

Now hang on a moment. We know that Rafe’s father DID become a Canadian citizen. We also know that according to the father, his wife also did that at the same time. The Question is when did it happen exactly. And the US has law and had law at that time which says when you become a citizen of another country, you forfeit your claims to citizenship. (Though I’m not sure that applies to anything the IRS does to people outside of the US as they seem to require a document showing renouncement.) But by US and Canadia law, “dual citizenship” can only happen by birth or similar means by which a person cannot knowingly choose of which nation to be a citizen.

So there’s something to it all. The question is when specifically. If she became a Canadian citizen before Rafe’s birth, he isn’t a US citizen AT ALL. His paperwork and all other details are essentially the result of his mother’s fraud — not his fault, but that doesn’t matter. (Many people would have liked to have seen Schwartzenegger run for president, but that whole natural born thing…)

I just want to know if anyone has anything concrete about precisely what and when things happened.

• JSBachLover says:

You’re making some assumptions that can;t be proven as long as those records ARE sealed. I wonder why more issue isn’t being made about those sealed records in
      The media/ campaign — especially to the evangelicals who support Cruz.Sealed records would d indicate something to hide, as you say.

• LP says:

With reference to the above posts regarding the mysterious Mr Cruz’s citizenship. Firstly, all immigration records are sealed (unless you are a Chinese hacker or release the information yourself). However, the State Dept. does file an open record with the names of US citizens who renounce or relinquish. I assume this is placed in the Congressional Record where it is open for all to read. If the mother did so, it would be a matter of public record (though back then the Record would not have been digitalized so a trip to the Library of Congress would be necessary and figuring out what name she was currently using).If the mother did not relinquish her US citizenship then she would have had to file with the IRS annually, as the US is the only jurisdiction (except one other) that taxes their citizens on their world-wide income. But IRS records are also sealed for everyone (except if you are a Chinese hacker or L. Lerner, or disclose them yourself). Considering ‘mum’s’ rather dodgy history, there may be much to hide or obfuscate there.

A CRCBA is issued to all parents who file with a US consulate for their eligible children and is therefore considered as a US birth certificate in lieu of the original foreign one issued under the foreign jurisdiction. Usually a Social Security number is also applied for at the same time.If a passport is issued there is a slight difference to the one issued to US citizens born in the US. It is a caveat, since dual citizenship requirements have changed significantly over the years.

As I read it, and there is little that is factual out there, it is fairly certain Mr Cruz has an eligibility problem.

• cjzak says:

Do you know if there is proof his mother renounced american citizenship? That is a gigantic game changer if there is. I would imagine Trump’s team has been thoroughly researching all this. If anyone can find all the info, Trump can.

• Paco Loco says:

Sthe had to renounce her US citizenship because Canada at that time did not recognize dual,citizenship. She renounced, became a Canadian so she could access the Canadian social services. Her husband became a Canadian A few years later. Ted was born in Calgary to a Candian (ex American) mother. His father seems to have been a Cuban at the time Ted was born. Ted is a Canadian who apparently never naturalized to become a US citizen. There is no CRBA, only a Canadian birth certificate. When Teds mother decided to move back to the US, she simply crossed the border showing her US birth certificate (no passport required back then) and reclaimed her US citizenship using her BC to get a drivers license etc. If she never filed with the IRS while living in Canada it means that she either is a tax dodger or that she had legally renounced her US citizenship.

• RP says:

1986…hmmm what else about that year rings a bell?

DING DING DING Reagan’s amnesty. Coincidentally the same year Cruz got his US Passport.

8. Sedanka says:

Sundance, your analysis has been more enlightening during this campaign than all the professional pundits put together.

9. judyw says:

“Because, well, I don’t want to be Michael Hastings.” And I am one of a “whole big bunch of tree house dwellers” who don’t want you to be Michael Hastings either! I remember life before I somehow landed here where truth has no agenda and I can take what I like and leave the rest. Thanks for sunlight and clarity!🙂

10. JoeS says:

Certainly on April 27th, and maybe sooner, Cruz will NO LONGER have a chance to attain the 1237 delegates needed to clinch the nomination.

It will be a mathematical impossibility as he is accusing Kasich of.

Trump will be the ONLY candidate who can attain 1237 at that point. Depending on what happens in Wisconsin and New York, this may be the case sooner. If Trump sweeps both, then Cruz CANNOT get enough delegates.

11. seventhndr says:

I think this is sort of related, nonetheless a blast from the archives🙂 :

12. highdezertgator says:

RevCruz would have to win nearly all of the remaining 805 delegates…. not gonna happen no more stacks of ballots caucusssssss!

13. Pam says:

Since the Emerson Poll has been mentioned today in reference to WI, I clicked on the poll to look to find out what the spread was between the last poll and the Emerson one and it’s a +5 spread for Trump between the two. The previous poll from Marquette taken from 2/18-2/21 showed Trump with 10 point lead at that time. However, we know polls can’t fully be trusted all the time and we shouldn’t take anything for granted either way.

As far as Jindal goes, I didn’t like his treatment of Trump during his campaign either but I’m glad to see that at least he see’s the handwriting on the wall and is willing to get and line now.

14. KH says:

You link to the document on scribed but you don’t cite what section actually addresses this second place gets delegates if first drops out. I’ve looked at the document and can not find a section mentioning this. Can you provide, if not you should probably find a real source for this or yank it from your post. I saw this same thing being passing around last night elsewhere and nothing on the internet I could find actually would confirm it or cite the specific rule or legislation.

• Sandra-VA says:

All I can find on this indicates it has not been made clear

“Binding
      The Ohio Republican Party rules are mostly silent on the matter of the release and/or binding of delegates. Article X, Section 1(d), the special rule added to make the allocation winner-take-all for just 2016, awards all 66 delegates to the winner of the statewide Ohio primary. That is the extent of the binding. Not included is information on how delegates would be released in the event that the winner of the primary withdraws from the race in addition to any description of how long those delegates would be bound at the national convention. Unlike other states, the number of ballots bound is not specified in the Ohio Republican Party rules.”

• KH says:

There is nothing unclear with regard to the second place thing it doesn’t exist, just another falsehood being thrown around the net.
        To the extent there is any lack of clarity it’s that they are all technically unbound as it is, but selected by the 1st place campaign, so in reality it’s the campaign or the delegate themselves that would decide what they want to do themselves.

• JSBachLover says:

Did you read Sundance’s story above. He brought it up, with a link to Ohio rules.

• Sandra says:

It’s not in there. Several of us have looked. But you can look, if you find it let us know where it is! And I say that entirely seriously.

• KH says:

Did you read the comments you’re responding too?
            Such rules don’t exist in the linked pdf, Sundance is wrong.

• Deb says:

If I’m reading this correctly, according to Ohio law of a party’s candidate withdraws prior to the general election, a committee established by said party will select a candidate.

This committee and the process they use would then be set up by the rules of the party, which is the document linked in this article.

I’m also reading according to the party rules that the delegates are chosen by the candidates prior to the primary, and so you are actually voting for the candidate and their delegates. So if Kasich drops out, would another candidate have to submit their delegates names for approval again?

I am confused as well.

15. Jett Black says:

Piyush “Bobby” Jindal has finally realized that he was being had, used, and abused by the GOPe. They didn’t help him at all in Louisiana or nationally. He’s a private citizen now, succeeded by a demonrat, so he has had the chance to stop, use his outsized intellect, and see what the truth is. I hope he gets the blinders fully off and goes back to what he did so well very early in his public career–figuring out how to make government and public health services work more efficiently. If he can help Trump take out the GOPe, I hope he makes that a hobby, too.

• jackmcg says:

He has the management skills to be a good cabinet guy so I take this as a good sign.

• Joe says:

All are welcome on the Trump Train, honestly I don’t blame you if the media had you fooled. Cutting through the illusion is no mean feat, and I am happy to add Jindal to the ever growing club.

16. If anyone is interested, this article was a good read on Michael Hastings….for those who do not know who he was and what happened:

• roxanne175 says:

Thank you.

• aintbuyingit says:

Breitbarted.

• skifflegirl says:

I found that article when I read SD’s post because I didn’t know who he was. It’s interesting that the author ends the seven pager with tales of Hastings boozing and drugging. They only found small amounts of pot and amphetamines in his system when he died. Since we know about Andrew Breitbart and all the others killed in small plane crashes or possible fake heart attacks, we think about an MBZ being hacked – the dead driver had complained about the very same type of thing the day before – as something not at all farfetched.

17. Frank O'Pinion says:

Jindal should never have entered the presidential race, as is the case for Rubio and Cruz. They are not natural born U.S. citizens. Santorum’s eligibility is ????

A natural born U.S. citizen is an individual born on U.S. soil to U.S. citizen parents (plural).

These three are frauds. This natural born citizenship will see the light of day when Donald Trump is sworn-in as the POTUS. ‘Birthers’ will be redeemed and Afterbirthers will be prosecuted.

18. rsanchez1990 says:

I had no idea that was actually what would happen to Kasich’s delegates. You might have mentioned it before, but I guess I wasn’t paying attention. All this time i’ve been wondering just what the hell Kasich is doing still in the race. It makes so much sense now.

19. jojo says:

I LOVE THE TREEHOUSE. Thanks for such succinct analysis. GO TRUMP Our only hope for American Sovereignty.

20. Arkindole says:

Lame Cherry moment.

21. Sandra says:

Help me out here, I’m so exhausted from work I can barely read. 🙂 Is the Ohio delegate transfer info in this Ohio Revised Statute? The Ohio Republican Party Rules points to section 3513 of the Revised Statutes. I think this section is the one that pertains to the rules for a candidate who withdraws. http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3513.31v1 I will try to make my way through it but I’m hoping someone else more awake than I am can do a better job.

• Sandra says:

I slogged my way through that section and other sections and i”m just not seeing it.

Frontloading HQ says this: The Ohio Republican Party rules are mostly silent on the matter of the release and/or binding of delegates. Article X, Section 1(d), the special rule added to make the allocation winner-take-all for just 2016, awards all 66 delegates to the winner of the statewide Ohio primary. That is the extent of the binding. Not included is information on how delegates would be released in the event that the winner of the primary withdraws from the race in addition to any description of how long those delegates would be bound at the national convention. Unlike other states, the number of ballots bound is not specified in the Ohio Republican Party rules. http://frontloading.blogspot.com/2016/03/2016-republican-delegate-allocation-ohio.html

So maybe it’s not true that if Kasich dropped out his delegates would be given to Trump, but it looks like there is reapportionment in some other states. I didn’t even know that.

• KH says:

I eye balled that as well I didn’t see anything.

22. roxanne175 says:

Praying for you Sundance.

23. Joe Collins says:

Sundance, I get smarter every time I read your work. Thank you.

24. Pingback: Hidden Agendas

25. moe ham head says:

yes stay out of a newer mercedes easy car to hack into computer and make you hit a tree

26. Pingback: Enough Is Enough – Bobby Jindal Walks Away From #NeverTrump Camp… | 4frespeech

27. Not true. OH delegate rules require the delegates to be bound to Kasich on the first found of voting, NOT to the second place winner Trump. Read here: