The Bloom Is Off The Ruse

update-1  Report via twitter: Cruz campaign sends out official Iowa voter shaming letters – Campaign Spox Rick Tyler admits risk.

update-1Report Via Daily Beast: Head of Glenn Beck’s Media Empire Quits as The Blaze Burns Down

CNN Outlines – The stress fractures within the Ted Cruz facade are beginning to reach the point where it’s no longer possible to keep them hidden. (Via CNN) […]  as Cruz appears to be falling farther behind front-runner Donald Trump, his campaign is now looking in the rear-view mirror, concerned that Marco Rubio and the rest of the GOP field are closing in.

cruz cnn

Cruz’s problems were in sharp relief at the Fox News debate in Des Moines Thursday night, where he was everyone’s favorite punching bag.

The consistent charge: Cruz is a fake.

“This is the lie that Ted’s campaign is built on, and Rand touched upon it — that he’s the most conservative guy, and everyone else is a — you know, everyone else is a RINO,” Sen. Marco Rubio said Thursday night. “The truth is, Ted, throughout this campaign, you’ve been willing to say or do anything in order to get votes.”(read more)

And guess who is coming in to help?

glenn beck iowa tweet

cruz beck 2

You just can’t make this stuff up !

I don’t think Megyn and Chris had this outcome in mind earlier in the week when they stated:

Megyn Kelly tweet Stirewalt

beck

UPDATE: (Via Daily Beast) In what knowledgeable observers say is a sign of increasing turmoil in Glenn Beck’s troubled media empire, Beck’s longtime mentor and corporate executive, Kraig Kitchin, has quit as CEO of The Blaze.

Kitchin’s replacement, Stewart Padveen, a digital startup entrepreneur who joined Beck’s company last summer, will be the fourth leader of The Blaze since late 2014.

Kitchin, 54, who took over operations of Beck’s conservative-leaning subscription digital and cable television enterprise last June—after two previous CEOs abruptly left in the space of six months—is resigning along with two other senior executives: Jeremy Price, director of advertising sales, and Liz Julis, director of marketing.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

669 Responses to Cruz Campaign Officially Off The Rails – Brings Glenn Beck Back To Iowa For Final Days…

1. nyflacon says:

I found a new show to watch at 9 PM instead of Fox. Dennis Michael Lynch. He’s on Newsmax and he loves TRUMP. He’s doing all Trump right now.

2. SharonKinDC says:

I RT Sundances post. Almost changed the ‘last days’ to ‘end days’…

3. tgmccoy says:

Well I saw this coming I had hopes Cruz would jettison Beck.
    I thought I heard the flop flop of Klown shoes in the hall when
    Cruz was on TV…. Cruz is toast with Beck around…

• sammyhains says:

Why would you want Cruz to jettison Beck? I’d rather the voters jettison Cruz.
      If Cruz wins the nomination, Glenn Beck will be his running mate.

• criticalbill says:

It goes to show Cruz is a bad judge of character. Who would he hire in the WH?

• Jane CrawfordJane says:

I still have hopes for Cruz. What are the reasons ya’ll hate Cruz so bad? He’s the only one that will do what he says he’ll do. But we are all entitled to our opinions.

• WSB says:

There are a few other submissions on this site about his lies regarding liquidating his personal wealth for his Senate campaign, undisclosed loans from Goldman Sachs, Citicorp, his wife’s involvement in globalism being pushed by GS. Not to mention the nationality issue, H1B visas, need I say more?

• Enchanted says:

Many reasons but the main reason is the man is NOT Constitutionally eligible. He is supposed to be an expert on Constitutional law, so please don’t say he doesn’t know. Natural born means born of two US citizens. It has recently come out his mother may have become a Canadian citizen ( versus being a US citizen) prior to his birth so that would make him 100% foreign. However like obama he refuses to release his documentation. Do you really want another person who totally disregards the Constitution?

• sammyhains says:

Cruz is not a natural born citizen, and he’s a smarmy lying lawyer.
        Why would you believe he would do anything he says?
        He’s lied about TPP, lied about the Iran nuke deal, lied about who his puppet masters are. He does nothing but grandstand, tilt at windmills, sabotage serious conservatives in the Senate, and steals their credit. He’s the last one on board, comes rushing in when he realizes he missed a political opportunity, blows up the entire process, claims that he “lead the fight” and then blames everyone else saying they’re all against him because he’s The One True Conservative. He is totally untrustworthy and quite possibly mentally unstable like his friend Glenn Beck. This is the reason NO ONE in the Senate likes him.

Cruz is all politics all the time. You should be able to see through his BS.

• Bon says:

jane put your head down, stuff coming at you

4. WeThePeople2016 says:

Ladies and Gentlemen: Cruz has jumped the shark!

5. fred says:

Oh my the princess Megyan has Glen on again tonight after his company’s meltdown to try to resurrect Cruz. Ted Beck is the reason your so phhhhggged. He will finish off Megyan too and Dana Loessh is hanging in there too. They are all praising the debates and Megyans great job. Meanwhile their organizations are melting and Ted’s performance was bad. The donors will run and Beck will chase off even the dogs. Megyan will hang on he’s her last hero.

• zadatn says:

Looks like Beck may be working for Fox and the hen house.

• Bull Durham says:

This is not the last hero.
      The GOPe are just beginning to fight through Fox and other Media.

The entire non-Trump world will use every 24 hour news cycle from now until the convention to stop him.

Unless he locks up a majority of delegates, they have every caucus and primary and delegate election (all rigged, I’ve been there done it), and will use every coercion and trick and lie to stop the loss of their power.

They virtually lose control of one of the two Parties when they lose to Trump. He will have to fight to shove the RNC to the sidewalk and take over the mechanisms and bureaucracy of the Party machinery. This is a long and bigger fight than just a run to the WH.

Don’t get gleeful. He has to run the table, trounce everyone, hold their voters for the general election, drive out the traitors, and beat the Dems and their teams.

And he has to stay alive.

• irvingtwosmokes says:

Trump and Ichan will not be denied

• Jack Long says:

Do you think Trump has any cards up his sleeve for the rigged primaries?

He’s always talking about the dishonest press, but I can’t pick up anything about dishonest vote counts. I don’t have the experience to pick it up if someone hit me over the head with, though.

Seems to me it would be too ‘nutter’ to mention it now, though.

Perhaps hope for huge turnouts and be ready to pounce on any obvious discrepancy?

A caucus is probably the best possible first vote in that regard, isn’t it. I think it would be hard to rig an event with large numbers of supporters who form groups to indicate their preference.

• Regina says:

I like to (imagine) believe that there’s someone high-up in the GOPe or RNC who is actually still a true patriot, and was part of the team that convinced Trump to run. This “person” is quiet, and stays in the background – but when the inevitable shenanigans start, they will use their voice to make sure the will of the people is carried out. Surely there are individuals Inside the machine who still love our country…they’re just keeping the powder dry until the final battle begins.

I always go back to my basic belief – Trump wouldn’t be doing this if he didn’t know he could win. He’s no fool, and surely knows as much as we do about what goes on at the Nat’l convention…and surely he has a plan.

• phil fan says:

In this time of peril Donald comes to us to fight off great evil. To restore our freedom. The outcome is in the balance Now. We have received this gift with our whole hearts and are standing firm. Our ranks are growing daily in numbers and in strength. The rallies, the votes, the cheers are our shields against the circling evil. Battle lines are becoming clearer. Allies are emerging as issues are defined and deceivers exposed.

Many we do not know of yet are responding as we are, rallying against evil with our leader Trump. High placed people who are aware of our grave danger, who love America and who love Americans are secretly with us. They too see a great and powerful man who can make us strong and proud again. Many must now be quietly in touch with Donald as they see his strength grow week by week telling him of evil plans they have discovered. Donald, a social and political genius, is without doubt willing and able to counter all their plots. His Intel is good, his heart is good. Patriots are gathering. This is my hope a prayer: Let us trust in the power of truth, in each other and in Mr. Trump. May Gods will be done.

• WSB says:

He does seem to know where everyone’s skeletons are, though.

• Ann Woodward says:

Bull Durhan,
        DISCLAIMER: { Old ladies who live alone will talk to the bark on a tree. And we never stop talking. Just stop reading when you want to stop, and same with my questions.}
        Your comments just verbalized my thoughts and my fears. Took me a while to be more than an “average voter”. I have been voting for 56 years (since I was 21), and until 2006 I just followed the crowd. I always voted the man, not the party. JFK was my last democratic vote. In 2006 I had a very uneasy feeling about Obama. I was a retired school teacher and had always followed my instincts when dealing with students. Obama game me an “Eddie Haskell” alert. Just a bit too slick and smooth for me. About 2010 I began reading. Back then Glenn Beck was on Fox, he was a prolific reader and frequently recommended books. I read every book (except Hayet’s Economics theory) that was recommended. The reading, and the history, current events,and topical politics that he taught his viewers on his blackboard were the best education ever. I had a college degree plus 3 extra certifications I was extremely naive politically; officers of the law were what every young boy wanted to be; Washington was the cradle of well, everything. Every young child wanted to grow up to be president. Following Glenn’s reading list I found the underbelly of politics. And that is where I am today. I have done a lot of reading on links in CTH postings. I remember what the 2012 convention did to Ron Paul. Add all of that up and that’s where I am today. I know just enough to know why Cruz’s ineligibility never came up; to recognize Jeb and Hillary were “chosen” by the elite to run; to accept, in spite of a “rap sheet” of awful crimes, Hillary was not indicted (probably never will be); and the biggie, how Obama – from Acorn, through “Fast and Furious”, Muslim bro’hood, Benghazi; and his 36 appointed cars – was teflon coated. All of that feeds into my fears that, yes, Hillary and Jeb will be the nominee. That will be a bitter pill to swallow for an old lady. At this point, what is your gut feeling? About who will be the nominees? About will there even be an election? (Since 2008 I have said that before the inauguration there would be a crisis that would precipitate the need for martial law) About the reality of the NWO?
        I know the world economy is in the tank, got any economic ideas? I guess we will have to wait to see who is elected to know the outcome of the illegal immigration.
        In spite of it all (or maybe because of it all), Politically speaking, this is a thrilling time to be alive!!!

• Dana and Megyn remind me of Snarley Fiorina..all bitter..hateful B*&^&##…

6. Ted Cruz will stay the course and his staff is irrelevant. He is the man for the job and will move on forward. The other idiots trying to slam him are just typical career yes just waiting for their next gig. Glenn and Ted are two strong men to work on saving this Country. Go TED Go.

• Crassus says:

Have another drink, buddy.

• corimari2013 says:

Adrian, did you have magic mushrooms with your supper? You’ve got some wild hallucinations going on…

• Hard to run a country successfully with an irrelevant staff. Also, hard to run a country successfully on excuses and self inspired rightousness (see Obama record). BTW you sound like a 16 year old.

• DaveNY says:

Hilarious!

• NJ transplant says:

Troll alert!

• RINOKiller says:

Time for you to Snagglepuss your way off this site!

• lou Ann Watson says:

beck is obsessed with trump, constantly attacking him. why doesn’t he just let everyone make up their own mind? i turned him off after he endorsed cruz because i knew i was going to hear trump bashing interspersed with tearjerker stories for the women in his audience. i just can’t take it anymore, and apparently neither can a lot of others.

• Regina says:

Which ‘course’ are you referring to?
      He’s “staying the course” in terms of losing voters, and flip-flopping his positions…in that sense, you’re correct. Anything else you had in mind?

• Chloe7 says:

Hi Adrian, I’m not politically inclined. I would love to ask why you are so sold on Cruz who whoever’s character. I have never asked anybody this. We watch Trump because he is so different. Other years we’ve never bothered to watch any politician say anything. I am simply curious.

• Yu put your trust in “saving” a nation into the hands of an ineligible and a man that sees spacement?

• criticalbill says:

You forgot the /s tag Adrian.

• shawn meyer says:

Amen, Adrian!

• Blue Fugu says:

Pitiful.

• HAHAHA.. Oh yeah, intimidating voters is the right thing for every consistent conservative to do. And how about having that great memory..just can’t seem to remember that million dollars..Goldman’s.?? ..what’s that..is that a globalist bank I got money from..I can’t seem to remember. And then I can’t remember being in Canada..Was I a dual citizen there..omg.. I just can’t remember.

• Menagerie says:

Adrian, when this blog was founded, and for several years after, it was a place where people of good will could exchange ideas and view points, with dignity and respect. As you can see now, it attracts the same sort of virtual rottweilers that are so tiresomely common everywhere on the internet.

That being said, your own comment pretty much lacks facts or respect, so I can see how others failed to engage you, but the fact that some of them just decided to deride and attack is disappointing. And common of what is transpiring here and everywhere.

• benywth says:

Dang! Other than talk can you supply one positive thing Cruz has accomplished for this country and patriots? Can you actually show actual facts that identify him as a leader and winner?

• Ann Woodward says:

Well, his daddy said that ted has been “Anointed to be king over all men”. I may have the words mixed up, but you get the idea.

• April Kersjes says:

Exactly…that really bothers me. Anybody that says it God spoke to them personally and told them that his son Ted was to be Anoited to be King of all men and he would return the wealth, riches and land stolen back to the gentiles is someone to step back from. So many refer to his dad as a fantastic preacher, a man above question. Does this sound a little off to anybody else? I hear statements like that I think cult.

• skifflegirl says:

This country was founded and guided by Judeo-Christian values, people faithful to their religious beliefs who worked hard to contribute to the Republic, “one nation, under God.” Religious principles guide citizen patriots who are compelled to enter public office, but the intention is to volunteer their service to country guided by values, not to be anointed a king who is blessed by some arbitrary priest in order to appropriate wealth from whomever they see fit. The tenets of Dominionists seem very much in line with Heidi’s North American Union fantasy to consolidate power with a chosen few, tossing sovereignty aside for a crazy cabal of elitists who are ready to anoint priests and kings for a NWO. More than a cult, it sounds like a group of Globalists with a Christian religious veneer.

7. Should rename “The Blaze” to ” The Dying Ember”

8. NewOrleans says:

Sundance:

That re-tweet you did on Twitter from the Creepy Canadian’s supporter is a fake photo.

Here’s the real one:

Cruz fans can’t even lie convincingly. Just like their Canadian leader.

9. BobW462 says:

CNN just did a piece on Ted’s citizenship dilemma. Showed his Canadian citizenship renunciation form…. not filed/ granted until 2014!

• Susan Victor says:

Well sure, poor Rafael said he didn’t “know” he was a Canadian citizen until then!

• JT says:

Check out google for info concerning NBC for ‘George Gordon Meade birther controversy’ – he was the general who took over the Army of the Potomac a few days before the Battle of Gettysburg. I read years ago that he was appointed to that post by Lincoln because he could not be a presidential threat since Meade had been born in Spain. There is a letter to the editor of the NY Times dated in 1863 written by a reader that expresses what many of us believe to be true concerning natural born status. His father and mother were in Spain at the time Meade was born there. His father was on an official gov’t business I believe. In 1802 Congress enacted a law that persons born outside of the USA to American citizens was a citizen too. However, the writer (and most other Americans including Lincoln) knew Meade was not eligible for the Presidency (and also VP) since he was not born in the United States. The writer also stated that Congress cannot define natural born status since it is in the Constitution. Requires an Amendment. When Meade was born, Spain was not under Congressional jurisdiction and neither was Canada at the time Cruz was born and his birth certified there.

• Cruz thinks we’re all stupid. A true Constitutional conservative would know the law AND know that given how everyone freaked out about Obama possibly being born in Kenya, no WAY he gets nominated.

• zoe says:

“Natural Born Citizen” as written in Article Two definitely meant someone born on US soil. That was the Common Law definition of it. Cruz was “born a citizen” (a “citizen at birth”) because his mother is an American citizen, but that is not the same as being “natural born.” The statutes that specified automatic citizenship for children born overseas to American citizens (there was another one after 1802 as well I think), as you said, don’t negate or even address the requirement of Article Two.

If you’re a constitutional “originalist” (as Cruz is) then it follows a potential US President has to be more than just a citizen at birth….he/she has to be actually born in the US. Personally, I am not an originalist and I think it should be interpreted the way he claims it should be. Not because I support him (I don’t, at all), but because that’s how I read it (as a former lawyer). But it is NOT settled law. It’s never been decided or even much discussed And moreover, he’s a hypocrite for abandoning his “originalist” principles in this one case only….so he can run for President.

• Jack Long says:

Would a child born in the US in 1805 (a random year, but includes your reference to a possible statute in 1802) to a US citizen mother and a foreign citizen father have been a natural born US citizen?

A child born abroad under the same conditions at that time would not have even been a US citizen. Mothers didn’t transmit US citizenship by themselves in foreign birth situations until 1934.

What I’m trying to conceptualize is a situation where a father transmitted citizenship and the mother transferred condition. That is, a child born in the US to a citizen US father is a US citizen, AND IF the mother is also a US citizen the child is a natural born citizen. Note that I say that the qualifier is AND IF, not OR IF.

That’s the reason I ask the question in the first sentence.

Looking at the statutes at the time it seems like a mother could affect the citizenship of a US born child (i.e. deny Us citizenship status in some cases), but had no standing to a foreign born child of a foreign born father. The mother had some type of affect, but I’m not sure what it is.

• NJ transplant says:

CNN interviewed a Canadian from Ted’s old neighborhood in Calgary. He asked the interviewer how Ted can run for President if he was born in Canada. The Canadian said that you have to be born in the US to run for President. It seems that everyone knows that but Ted.

• BigMamaTEA says:

CNN are hypocrites. They “know” about Obie too.

10. Susan Victor says:

Cruz’s high point was when he scolded the CNBC moderators.

His low point was attacking all of New York City for Trump’s views when he should have attacked only Trump. He came across as emotionless, cold-hearted and uncaring of anything but his own personal well-being.

It was made all the worse by Trump’s response, which was genuine and heart-felt, and made him appear to the viewers as a human being with genuine emotions.

11. tz says:

I can only think of the scene with the Joker, “This city needs a better class of criminal, and I’m going to give it to ’em”. See, the Joker just wanted to help.

The problem Cruz has is there is a sociopsychopath who has announced “he wants to help”. And deinstitutionalization has been implemented in both Texas and Iowa. Watch that Batman/Joker movie and put yourself in the place of someone the Joker is interacting with. You really don’t want to say “no” and really want to put some distance between.

Perhaps the 7 resigned for their own safety.

If it was Trump, he would have called such a supporter to a meeting, had a sufficient number of his security detail restrain him properly, and take him by private jet into a clinic and issued a press release about some vague medical problem.

But in general, for my goals, I find Beck very helpful. However someone at TheBlaze should insure there isn’t any Kool-Aid available the day after the IA caucuses, and the NH primaries, lest Glenn insist on serving at the People’s temple.

ArmaGlennDon. Babeckylon.

12. joanfoster says:

Believe it or not Beck is pontificating right now on MK talking about Trump dehumanizing people and that when Americans begin to accept that as the norm, we will become a jungle. Glenn, have you listened to your radio program lately????

• TheTorch says:

Projection as always with this nut job!

• BobW462 says:

Now Beck is also on CNN spewing his incoherent BS. Please give us a break already, Beck!

• fred says:

I tell ya …It’s beyond belief Beck is on FOX again. Dana Loesch is talking like a motormouth on speed on the radio and it’s a whole group of the biggest losers circling their own wagons. Trump has freaked these people out beyond belief.Waiting for Lowrey and Stirewald to kiss Megyans ring next,,, Barf. I watch FOX now like it’s the Lucy show….

• TheTorch says:

They are all panicked and in meltdown, because if Trump prevails and BIG on Monday night, then they will be shown to be utterly irrelevant and wrong wrong wrong.

Actually one of the sweetest things will be, that Trump not only wins but BIG i.e. high 30’s, possibly even low 40’s. BUT with the added bonus of winning a larger share of evangelicals, that would be jaw dropping, and the Cruz ‘True Conservative’ brigade will be absolutely obliterated.

As a very conservative guy who knows a fraud when I see it. I pray to GOD that is the result.

• NCPatrick says:

Good response, Torch! Of course there is a reason Beck is making the rounds at any outlet which will have him. He was obviously watching the debate Thursday night — I wasn’t so I will have to take his word for it — and saw Ted Cruz losing his chance before a few million people.

And if Cruz bombs out as I pray he will, then Beck’s support will be shown to be what it always is: useless and detrimental. Make a list of the candidates Beck has supported over the years and tell me how many actually were elected.

• Crassus says:

This might end up being the last stand of Conservatism, Inc. The GOP establishment is still a formidable force but the conservative establishment has been revealed as a paper tiger by Donald Trump.

• JRD says:

Why are you still watching FOX?

• fred says:

Certified nuts I tell ya. Does he know he’s sinking fast and taking Megyan and Ted with him to the bottom. Good riddance I say.

• sammyhains says:

Yeah, I heard Mark Levin blasting Trump for insulting people the other day. Suddenly Mark Levin has a problem with calling people stupid, jerks, and big dopes.

And he said it without even a hint of irony. Is Mark Levin even self-aware?

13. bleep21k says:

Its 9:41 pm EST – CN&N AC360 “Miiiister Aaanderson” Cooper is about interview Glenn Beck in 1 minute – anyone interested?

• TheTorch says:

Talking about Beck.

I have finally got around to watching some of the main debate last night.

OH MY – It really was a train wreck for Cruz, what the heck happened to him ? Beginning to think he might be possessed by Glenn Beck!🙂 I think the Cruz Campaign should contact the Vatican.

• tz says:

There’s going to be a chain reaction car-crash involving 50 vehicles in a minute.

I really don’t want to watch – is gawking the same as watching?

Cruz should be careful about returning Washington’s compass – it is a sharp object.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Thanks for the info.

Is Beck on speed or something???????????

14. bleep21k says:

Glenn Beck on CN&N AC360 interview – My goodness – this is a madman!! He appears, i mean literally, deranged. Has some camouflage “scarf” wrapped around his neck – in a TV interview – wtf!!

• tz says:

Beck thinks that A. Cruz is the answer to prayer (see the Bible, Israel asked for a king, got Saul), and B. fascist hitler mussolini constitution will be destroyed Armageddon will happen with Trump.

The closest thing I can find is Stephen King’s “The Dead Zone” where someone psychic who has prophecy (actual, not like Beck) sees a nuclear holocaust if a candidate gets elected president, so he goes off. The novel/movie implies the prophecy is accurate. But the bizarre, paranoid behavior including the scared out of one’s wits expression seem to parallel Beck’s current state.

The LDS church did issue an interdict against Amman Bundy (why is he in Jail and not Hillary), but so far nothing against Beck. Between Mitt Romneycare and Beck, no Mormon will have credibility for the next century if they don’t do something.

Take caution when crossing a Psycho’s path.

• moogey says:

LOL…great commentary…keep it coming….

• TheTorch says:

Just wondering about the scarf !

May be someone tried to strangle him or something so he has to cover up the marks…

Hope it wasn’t a Cruz staffer😀

15. whodoneit says:

Of course the GOP candidates went after Cruz. That’s what’s done to the second in line when the first isn’t there. Big surprise.

And they ALL say and do anything to get votes. Hello!

16. lovely says:

Can anyone find a connection to Don Fairly and Ted Cruz other than the tweets posted here? I can’t. I think you need to vet this very seriously. Maybe you already have and have connections made.

Even the name Don Fairly ? What does Donald Trump keep saying that he has to be treated fairly.

• BobW462 says:

Hmmm. Interesting take. What say ye, Sundance?

• KitKat says:

Don Fairly looks like a “fairly” common name, on FB, on LINKED, and elsewhere, spelled both Fairly and Fairley.

• KitKat says:

LINKED IN

• Polar Vortex says:

There was a picture of Fairly posted on this site in one of the threads and a report saying he had quit the Cruz campaign

• KitKat says:

It was posted in this thread earlier to someone expressing the same worry.

• BobW462 says:

Yeah. I’m confident that Sundance has this all vetted. But, lovely’s concern was somewhat intriguing.

• lovely says:

I hope that you are correct.

I am from Chicago and this has the feel of a dirty political trick, I hope I am wrong. Treat Don Fairly or he won’t do the debate. What is Don’s one requirement of the RNC? That they treat him fairly.

Imagine if Don Fairly turns out to be a play on Donald’s demand to be treated fairly? I can’t find a connection between Cruz and Fairly. That doesn’t mean there isn’t one. Maybe someone already searched out Cruz workers/staffers and found his name on a list.

Imagine Cruz in his best sanctimonious voice talking about how Don demands to be treated fairly but runs with an internet rumor and “How fair is that”. Perhaps I am thinking too much like a Chicago politician but I call dirty pool unless Don Fairly surfaces, confirms his words and proves that he worked for Cruz.

Who would sign a non-disclosure contract upon exiting a job? It makes no sense.

And not dirty pool by Trump, but dirty pool by team Cruz as in a set up.

• KitKat says:

I think signing a non disclosure agreement if you’re working on a campaign would make a lot of sense. And as I pointed out, the name Don Fairly is quite a common handle.

• lovely says:

A non-disclosure form would be expected before one is hired on. These are supposedly workers who are leaving the Cruz campaign with bad blood between them and Cruz. Why would anyone exiting a job as a staffer sign a non-disclosure form? Heck you could call in your resignation or just not show up. I know a non-disclosure form can be part of a deal in severance packages or high powered positions but 7 random Cruz staffers?

I have no doubt some folks have left the Cruz campaign because Cruz is a hypocritical ass.

• Clc says:

It is just odd to me that this has all gone down before a vote has been cast. Did Cruz erupt like a volcano on his staff or what?

• SharonKinDC says:

Three Cruz staff have left in the past couple of months and joined Team Trump. The last was a lady in SC. Very highly regarded. Saw an interview w/ her.

However, she was well known in the community.

This person sounded like a regular staffer.

Well, if it’s not legit, Ted can always respond to local media. I doubt he will. Could also be that ‘Don Fairly’ is a pseudo-identity, to protect the whistleblower.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

Lovely I see your point and agree.
                  A non-disclosure /not-to-compete gets signed at hire not at severage

And the name “Don Fairly” – great catch.
                  I am not “Chicago” but rather “suburban Chicago” and have the same concerns, seems like a potential scam.

• lovely says:

I consider my introduction to dissecting the Chicago Machine one of my greatest educations. Never forgot Maggie Daley coming in with heavy equipment under the dark of night and destroying Meigs field with planes still on the tarmac.

• jimbob says:

No one else is reporting that 7 folks have left the Cruz campaign. The only source is one guy’s twitter account.It’s probably not true.

17. RINOKiller says:

Oh Lord

Is Halloween over yet because you can forget Valentines Day?

Everybody is coming out that you can’t really tell if they are really wearing a costume!

18. Paula says:

Watching Hannity right now. Steven Hayes just said the phones are ringing off the hook at the Trump campaign offices w/ Iowans asking about how to caucus. Then fatty Lunz said that the difference between Trump and Cruz. No one has to call Cruz b/c his campaign is doing the calling. He was implying that Cruz will do better b/c no one is calling his offices! Hahaha

People are so eager to vote for Trump, they’re calling him! And Ted has to call people and beg them to vote for him, and that’s a good thing? LMAO!!

• tz says:

Lunz: And when Cruz calls, are they getting a busy signal?
      Depending on the timing and obnoxiousness of the call, after hanging up they might call the Trump campaign.

• nyflacon says:

Well Luntz is not getting the difference. Yes, Teddy’s people are calling registered republicans. Trumps people are hearing from INDEPENDENTS AND DEMOCRATS that are looking to change their registration. Teddy is NOT getting Democrats or Independents.
      BIG Difference.

• Jack Long says:

That’s how one would proactively rationalize rigged results.

If results come in that say, for example, Cruz won even though many Trump supporters appeared to be present, you would start seeing reports that, “well, we told you so last week”.

That’s my own conspiracy theory regarding the 2012 election. Almost all polls had Romney ahead by 5 points except Nate Silver. When Romney lost, all of a sudden Silver was the ‘great prognosticator’. One could also argue that the others were correct and that Silver’s poll was cooked and was used to rationalize the results after the fact.

Polling isn’t an exact science, but will be analyzed as an exact science, when necessary, to further a particular goal.

I’m hovering in tin foil territory, but sometimes I think a paper ballot that can be re-counted and an ink stained finger isn’t that bad of an idea.

• pyromancer76 says:

Absolutely! There must be a way to check ballots, recount if necessary, as well as the number of vote against voter reg. Also personal control of those ballots for reps from each side as well as county “official”. Voter ID. too. I, too, believe there was way too much fraud in 2012, maybe doing in Romney. The risk of paranoia is better than a loss due to fraud.

• SharonKinDC says:

I can’t believe Hayes said anything remotely positive about Trump.

• runthetable says:

“Go back to being a pundit” Trump stumped Hayes on the tarmac in El Paso, a warm up for the bums rush the Telemundo guy would receive later in Trump’s presser.

19. I wonder if “Ted” Cruz is figuring out yet, that Glenn Beck, is no Sarah Palin?

On that note, a great deal of my initial inclination toward support of Donald Trump came from the conclusion that almost to a person, everyone who hates Sarah Palin, also it seems loathes Donald Trump. They have the same enemies.

Following her endorsement of Trump, did that conclusion ever get confirmed!

20. onsu says:

A comment on Breitbart had this video of Cruz speaking about his amendment to the gang of 8 bill I haven’t seen before.

• NJ transplant says:

I can’t believe that Jeff Sessions worked with Cruz on this bill as Cruz claims. How does he explain the 95,000,000 Americans who have stopped looking for work? How does he explain the STEM salaries that are stagnant? There are many American STEM workers who can’t find jobs. All the net new jobs in this country for years have gone to foreigners.

One of the worst things about the H1-b visas is that many of the foreigners coming in to take American jobs get affirmative action. STEM workers from India get affirmative action priority over Americans. There is something really wrong about someone who just arrived in this country going to the head of the line over Americans for jobs.

Ted cares more about foreigners getting jobs than Americans. Ted should talk to the Disney workers and the California utility workers who were replaced by H1-b visa workers.

• pamelajs56 says:

Amen! I wonder how the so called “conservatives” are supporting this hogwash Cruz and the rest of the RINOs are pushing! This is America and foreign nationalist should never be allowed in unless we need them and only temporarily until AMERICANS can be trained.

• TheseTruths says:

I hadn’t seen that one, where he promotes H1B visas, says we need more foreign workers, and praises immigrants. That video will be toxic to his campaign if people see it.

People think Cruz’s amendments were proposed because he knew they would not pass, and it would end up killing the bill. That strategy might be OK, except that that’s not what Cruz himself says he was trying to do with the amendments. He told Byron York he was trying to improve the Gang of Eight bill: “…my objective was not to kill immigration reform but to amend the Gang of Eight bill so that it actually solves the problem rather than making the problem worse.”

It would have been very easy to tell York his intention all along was to kill the terrible bill, but he doesn’t say that.

• WSB says:

His last sentance says it al. And because his father came over here, we get fraud in the Senate and candidate for the Presidency.

• pamelajs56 says:

I guess we can thank Rubio for outing Cruz on his immigration stance. I believe he said he and Cruz have similar views on the subject.
        Cruz is talking 500% increases in H1B visas and increasing legal immigration from mexico and china and one other country. The lie the federal government tells is we don’t have citizens who can do those jobs. That is a pack of lies. The American citizens with these degrees can NOT find work in this field! The large corporations are hiring foreign nationals and saving their companies 25% in wages. That is plain wrong!
        Cruz’ claim to fame is he is against amnesty. He hadn’t really volunteer any info on the subject as most tea party people just go with that as his word. He actually wants to legalize every illegal invader which allows them to “come out of the shadows”. One difference this could make is they may be able to legally take your job when its all said and done. More of that affirmative action.
        I want a wall built and secured. I want everyone with an expired visa and every illegal invader deported/sent home. Another problem I see with giving legal status to the invaders is obama has been sneaking muslims into the country by the plane load, bypassing any immigration desk. Its no accident that the muslims in congress are all in on amnesty/legalizing the invaders. They know what is going on.
        I’m tired of the American citizens being saddled with the 2nd class citizen treatment we have going on because all of these invader minorities are put ahead of us and we are paying for it out of our own earnings. The welfare, food stamps, housing, education and healthcare costs of those who have invaded our country is outrageous and that doesn’t include the lost jobs by our citizens. None of that changes if they stay. Our government is giving them tax credit checks and will soon be paying them social security. I’ve read illegal Cubans in Miami are already receiving benefits whether disability or social security.
        I’m for TRUMP building the dang wall and deporting the illegal invaders! Americans first.

21. RINOKiller says:

Im going to Party City to see if they have any politician costumes still in stock

Oops

Just found out they are all sold out, especially that Ted Cruz mask.

22. DaveNY says:

snake handling road show coming to Iowa this weekend!

23. Treehouse/Last Refuge is the greatest medium in the country for the peoples’ voice. This site actually pisses off the elites

24. Martin says:

25. Jim Bryan says:

You should make this a story. I supported Cruz initially until I learned of this, I even donated to his campaign. It is unacceptable to out right screw the American worker!

Worth a watch
    Sen Cruz Amendment to Immigration Legislation to Increase H 1B Visas

26. Skylaark says:

Someone just posted a picture on Twitter…no idea how to post it here. Claims the Cruz campaign is now ‘vote shaming’ by posting flyers on doors grading the public voting records of him and his neighbors. Is Cruz politically suicidal?

27. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are constitutionally encumbered from being President since neither of them meet the basic criteria to be President under Art 2, Sec.1. Clause 5. Neither of the two are “Natural Born Citizens” of the US. An NBC is One born IN the US to Parents who are both US Citizens themselves-Minor v Happersett, USSCt. (1875). Cruz was born in Canada to a Cuban father. Rubio was born to two Cuban citizen parents in Miami.

28. lovely says:

Hmmm….how did an Aussie become an Iowan for Trump? Maybe he moved here after December 5, 2015 and never updated his Twitter account?

RPS is a worldwide consultancy in Energy & Risk. I conduct Health, Safety & Environmental audits in AUS. Also approved by Regulator for Heavy Vehicle Audits.

Brisbane, Queensland

• Justice_099 says:

Yeah, the only sources for this story lead right back to the tweet.

I have a feeling that we are going to see quite a few bait stories in the next few days to try to trip up Trump and get him to retweet or make some claim and then they will have the proof at the ready.

I think they (I say ‘they’ because I have no idea who is directing it) are trying to take advantage of the perception that Trump sometimes re-tweets stuff without looking too closely.

• NYGuy54 says:

I don’t think it’s Cruz playing these games though do you?

• lovely says:

I don’t believe that what I perceive to be Cruz’s character indicates that he would be above doing something like this, but I do think the trail that could lead back to him would prevent him from doing it.

I find it all very curious.

• SharonKinDC says:

Cruz’s Mgt, who got his start in vicious media campaigns…who knows? The mgr oddly enough did a campaign hit piece quoting ‘San Francisco Values’… Sound familiar?

29. teajr says:

I wonder if m, kelly and candy crowley are related?

30. 1hear2learn says:

I haven’t read all of the comments, but is anyone here concerned Rubio pushed into 2nd place by all of the FNC support of him?

31. Buck Weaver says:

“Canada Ted” is trending on twitter and it is hilarious. Best I can tell, the term originated with a Trump tweet that called him that. LOL

32. charliewalksonwater says:

I bet this just pisses off Mark Levin. Hes so mad his dogs are hiding under his bed.

33. JT says:

Per FINDLAW – there a 7 listed types of citizenship descriptions under the following:
    Section 301 of the Naturalization Act of 1952
    The first states that anyone born in the U.S. and subject to its jurisdiction is a citizen at birth. (Not TED)
    The 2d entry deals with Eskimos and Native Americans. (Not TED)

3rd entry deals with persons “born outside the U.S. to citizen ParentS” (Not TED)

4th a “person born outside the U.S. of a citizen parent who was continuously a resident in the U.S. for a year prior to birth and to a parent who is a foreign national”. (Not Ted – mom lived in Canada since 1967 his DOB year is 1970.)

5th- – A “person born in a U.S. possession or territory of a citizen parent” who must again have “resided in the U.S. or that possession or territory continuously for one year”. (Not Ted)

6th – a “person of unknown parentage found in the U.S. and under age 5” except if its learned before that person attaining age 21 that the subject’s birth was outside the U.S. (Not Ted – his parentage is known.)

7– A “person that is born to an alien parent and a U.S. citizen parent” who resided in the U.S. for a period of 10 years “provided the person will lose citizenship unless that person “resides continuously in the U.S. for a period of 5 years between” that person’s “14th and 28th birthdays.”
    THIS last one pertains to TED.

His mom was born in the U.S. in 1934 and did not leave the country until the early 1960’s when she went to England with her first husband. After their divorce she later met and married Ted’s dad (I assume in the U.S.) and later they went to live in Canada in 1967. His Cuban dad possessed Canadian citizenship.

Since Ted Cruz has sealed his records we do not know if his mother notified and completed the forms for the U.S. embassy or consulate in Canada. Sealing her records may be to conceal her failure to do so.

The 14th Amendment states all persons born or naturalized in the U.S., and subject to its jurisdiction, are citizens. This is also set forth above under the 1952 Act’s first specification. Ted being under the 7th provision is in effect a statutory citizen by the “grace of Congress.”

Would Texans have voted him to be their senator if they had known of his Canadian birth and being a Canadian citizen?

Can a person be a practicing attorney and member of the Bar in this country who is a citizen by birth of another country? Could Ted be able to a Texas lawyer and solicitor general in that state?

Please see my George Gordon Meade birther controversy cited previously under this topic.. If you have read about Gettysburg you know who he is.

The fundamental problem may be due to a lack of civics classes in our schools

I was taught that a natural born meant your parents were also citizens at the time of one’s birth. The 1952 Act’s Section 301’s 3rd entry seems to stress that as well. Items 4 thru 7 are gifts from Congress. Only the Supreme Court can define, as most of you may know, the term “natural born” and not Congress. Our Congress is only tasked with the grant of naturalization which I guess Ted did not get.

I also believe that Rubio’s parents being legal non-citizen residents do not convey natural born status to him even though he was born here. They were not naturalized citizens before his birth in order for that status to be conferred on him. Their being able to reside here was a gift of the U.S.
    government.

34. varangia says:

Kelly was right. The race is different now. Hehe

35. Pingback: Cruz Campaign Officially Off The Rails – Brings Glenn Beck Back To Iowa For Final Days… | The Last Refuge | Flurry of Thoughts

36. Clarice Feldman says:
  37. joshua says:

Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch acted like the Pope to empower “Spanish Cardinals” Megyn, Chris, and Bret to act as INQUISITORS rather than MODERATORS in interrogation of the Republican POTUS Candidates. Trumps messed up their plans and left them only the Cruz and dregs to “torture”

38. JT says:

Additional points of reference re Cruz and “natural born” status.

The 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act ‘s Title 3, chap. 1:
    Children born abroad to U.S. parents were made “naturalized” citizens at birth. This is statutory citizenship. Statutory citizens born abroad may be deported via due process.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services handbook states that in order to be President or Vice- President of the United States you must be born here.

Lawrence Tribe, Cruz’s law professor, says that Cruz is ineligible.

Ted Cruz inadvertently stated he did not meet this criteria when he explained that to be natural born the birth had to be in the U.S. of citizen parents. Cruz said this before he decided to run for President.

Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the U.S. Its residents are considered to be statutory citizens.
    If it becomes independent they lose that status. If it becomes a State, they automatically become natural born citizens.

John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, which was under the jurisdiction of the U.S., to American citizens. Thus he was a statutory citizen. When Carter gave up the Zone to Panama, McCain effectively lost that status. In 2008 the question of McCain’s citizenship was brought up in Congress. They declared he was a citizen at birth but this was a statutory grant. Congress is unable to grant Natural Born citizenship. Congress cannot rewrite the Constitution.

Barry Goldwater was born in the Arizona Territory and thus a statutory citizen until Congress admitted it into the Union.. Once Arizona became a State, Goldwater’s citizenship as a natural born citizen was formalized by its admission into the United States.

Statutory citizens may hold public office except that specified under the Constitution for the offices of President and Vice-President. Those are the only two positions requiring Natural Born status per the U.S. Government’s own offiical definition as supplied in the USCIS Handbook.

39. James Fitzpatrick says:

Not accurate. Trump has lost points since his attacks on Cruz’s citizenship and Cruz remains steady. CNN is a fraudulent/biased news source. Almost as bad as MSNBC.

40. TheTorch says:

Reuters 5 Day Rolling looking very TRUMPY:

41. Mary says:

As of about 30 min ago, Trump was leading Cruz by 12 points.

42. Jim briggs says:

Your boy Rubio is the real fraud. A drew must be rolling over in his grave.

43. GrandeMe says:

READ, LOL http://oskynews.org/?p=76426

Statement from (Iowa) Secretary of State Paul Pate Regarding Misleading Mailer from Cruz

44. daughnworks247 says:

Hey Sundance, I am not sure of the protocol here. This is another author refuting this story and attacking you directly. Where I come from, we protect our own. What do you want us to do?

45. Darin Stark says:

Um, can any one name the alledged “7 staffers that left the Cruz campaign”? And, of a staff of hundreds, how does 7 people leaving (if it happened, natch) matter?

Reaching for clouds, my Trump friends.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Go away troll and we’ll call it even. Oh, and quit being so RUDE. It reflects badly on your candidate.

• Darin Stark says:

Okay, see, right there, a classic Trump move. Ad hominem attack. Very good, grasshopper! Don’t refute the facts, just bully your opponent and hope and pray he is afraid to counter. Well, this time you chose the wrong tactic. It’s because I seek substantiation of the claim of 7 staffers. Either you can or you can’t. Your only recourse is to acknowledge ignorance (attack the person {ad hominem}) , or name the 7 staffers. You chose the former. You lose. You, BigMama, by your own admission, are ignorant. Next?!

46. Beck got dumped by Trump, and Cruz was stupid enough to take him in…The Snake Lyric…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLp2C8rX4Uw&feature=youtu.be

47. I knew this man was evil before Iowa. He is so obvious. Nothing I read about him surprises me.