New Year, New NBC Poll: Donald Trump Leading With 35%, Cruz 18% and Rubio 13%….

A new NBC Poll (full pdf below) shows candidate Donald Trump with a commanding lead over the rest of the field at 35%.  In addition 49% of those polled believe Trump will be the republican nominee.

Via NBC – With the presidential primaries in full swing, Donald Trump maintains his sizable lead over the rest of the Republican field. Among Republican or Republican-leaning registered voters, Trump has 35% support compared to 18% for Ted Cruz and 13% for Marco Rubio, according to results from the latest NBC News/SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking Poll for the week of December 28, 2015 through January 3, 2016.

The poll was conducted online among a national sample of 3,700 adults aged 18 and over.

Trump leads among men with 39% of support, compared to 21% of men who support Cruz and 13% of men who support Rubio. Trump also leads among women with 29% support, while Cruz and Rubio have about equal support from women—13% and 14%, respectively.

Perhaps surprisingly, Trump also has the highest support among white evangelical voters—33%. Although Ben Carson did fairly well among white evangelicals (12%), the group heavily favored Trump. Cruz also did well with white evangelicals, with 2 in 10 supporting him. Rubio’s support among this group was 1 in 10. Republican-leaned voters who describe their political views as “very conservative” are most likely to support Trump (35%) and Cruz (30%) with the other candidates at least 20 points behind.  (read more)

trump lion

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

117 Responses to New Year, New NBC Poll: Donald Trump Leading With 35%, Cruz 18% and Rubio 13%….

1. lurker99 says:

Waiting for the Monmouth response………

• R-C says:

I figured it out: Monmouth conducts its polling in an alternative parallel universe.

• Matt Musson says:

Where Rubio is the only one who can beat Hillary because of his 13%.

• R-C says:

Exactly! “Trump can’t win! He ‘only’ has 40% of the vote!” But Rubio can win with just 13%…gotta love ‘common core math’, I guess…

It’s a similar alternative parallel universe to the one where Obama lives: “What’s ‘down’, is ‘up’; what’s ‘left’, is ‘right’; what’s ‘good’, is ‘bad’.”

• jackphatz says:

I think everyone is missing the big picture here. You know, we Republicans are very kind, gentle people underneath all this COLD ANGER. We all know, at the last minute, in the 11th hour we will look to the skies and nod out heads and vote for the underdog-Jeb Clinton or for the more aggressive among us, Hillary Bush. It’s their turn dagnabbit!

You know you want to!

• R-C says:

If I understand you correctly, Jack, it seems that you are saying we’re going to knuckle under to the uniparty in the end.

If I haven’t misread your post, let me know. But if I’m correct, I’m happy to tell you that there is absolutely NO way on God’s green Earth that I will vote for the uniparty.

If in the end they manage to undercut Trump through dirty, underhanded schemes, I will vote for Trump, by write-in.

And, to underscore that, I will then proceed to vote against every single republican listed on the under-card.

Every. Last. One. –If the GOPe (to me, now known as the GUP–‘Globalist UniParty’) topples Trump, I think it is up to us to make their entire ticket pay for it.

2. kinthenorthwest says:

Thank you Sundance.
    With all the red flags on Cruz, especially the eligibility issues I cannot believe Cruz is polling so high.
    But H3LL after every debate there seems to be another new one nipping at Trump’s heels. That alone is a red flag. Think about it guys, each debate there is a new one rising in the polls with not real explanation. Then the old ones all of a sudden start falling with not even 1/2 the % points they had in the first place within just a few weeks.

• Notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Considering the source of this POLE, I think Trump’s numbers are really about 10 to 15 percentage points higher, and that Cruz and Rubio’s are half of what NBC/Monkey is “reporting.”

Remember how NBC created fake news stories many times….oh say the faked story about exploding Ford gas tanks in the 90’s…wasn’t it?

• kinthenorthwest says:

Like I said who is going to be the new GOP monkey nipping at Trump’s heels after this next debate.

• KBR says:

Rubio is most likely the next nipping ankle biter.

But I keep thinking the GOPe will try to run Paul Ryan. All this “open secret” rumour about how Obama is an unfit president coming from every GOPe mouth lately even while those in voting positions support his every move? I think some are hoping to bring Obama down and Biden with him, thus running Ryan as incumbent. Whether they can pull this off or not, I don’t see it as something they haven’t considered.

• starfcker says:

GOP needs lyin Ryan right where he his. TPP is all that matters. Noone else in Congress is willing to step up and lead the charge to sell out the country. Unelectable anyway

• Notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Yeah that is rich…..after the same GOPe Frenched Kissed Obama every chance they got…..

• R-C says:

The idea firming up in my head is that Cruz’s die-hard supporters are actually ‘single-issue’ types who believe that Cruz is a ‘constitutional conservative’. The evidence to support that title are dubious to me, but it appears to me that’s what Cruz supporters believe.

Cruz supporters don’t really care that he can’t possibly win the general election; they’ll go down swinging for their guy and then spend the next four years grumpy about a Hillary presidency afterward.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Really Pl$$ed me off when I realized that Cruz could have been running for a Canadian office at the same time he won the US Senate race.
        Come on guys don’t tell me what a brilliant constitutional lawyer Cruz is when it took him 40 plus years to realize he had a dual citizenship.

• Luck is not all says:

Lis, lies, lies, typical politician. The worst is people believe him. I would like to sell them a mailbox

• R-C says:

First and foremost, Cruz is ambitious. He craves the thought of being in office; of holding power over others. And that alone is enough to make me run from him like he has the plague.

Cruz hasn’t run a single entity yet with his name on the ‘blame line’; never a worry if he could make payroll this week; never a ‘customer’ to keep satisfied; nor has he stood for reelection while sitting in a chief executive office (ie mayor, governor), running on his record in that office.

Nope, not Cruz; he’s held a few government drone positions that carried minor responsibility, and points to those as ‘executive’ experience. And senators aren’t ‘executives’ either–they exist in the most dysfunctional single entity in our government: 100 pampered princes who couldn’t agree on the color of an orange. Senators are ‘deliberators’, not ‘executors’.

In reality, Cruz has never been an ‘executive’, any more than Obama had prior to his unfortunate selection as our president. (And we’ve seen how that turned out–the Oval Office is no place for OJT.)

And yet, Cruz arrogantly believes he can hoodwink the voters into catapulting him several levels over his highest demonstrated skill set, into the most powerful office in the land, with a resume nearly as thin as Obama’s.

Whatever others may do, I will not be voting for Cruz.

• parteagirl says:

Yep. And why didn’t Cruz realize that the 14th amendment doesn’t need to be changed at all to exclude anchor babies from becoming citizens? I would have thought he’d have known this. Trump did.

• Benson II says:

What happened in my case was I supported Cruz (illegal doubts and all) and would have to the end since there were no other candidates running who could hold a candle to him at that time. When Trump entered and was in for a couple of weeks I changed to Trump. Could be many of the Cruz supporters are still in the support him to the end mode because they aren’t looking at the big picture with Trump. Changing you mind is good when you have good reason to do so. Without Trump, Cruz would probably be in single digits and we’d be looking at a Carson, Bush, Rubio and Christie race. Now there’s a sick to your stomach scenario.

• BenY says:

The Cruz posters are on the rise at BB. They have nothing but ideological posts and responses. Using CTH to point our Cruz’s hypocrisy usually gives the same old response “Trump site, no good”. All they need to be told is “respond with facts to refute” and they run.

• Karmy says:

The Cruz posters are like liberals. They attack you with personal attacks and don’t come back with any solid retorts. I made a statement that Trump was a leader with experience and one attacked my avatar and made all sorts of personal attacks. It was bizarre.

• The Cruz supporters are similar to liberals possibly WORSE, reminiscent of a CULT, no doubt because Televangelist Ted has fused his candidacy with his brand of religion. They seem brainwashed and may need to go through deprogramming. Some of them often appear on my twitter feed and I see their tweets and although I don’t agree with them, I remain neutral and don’t retweet their tweets nor do I respond nor attack them. Frankly, I feel sorry for them.

They see to really feel possessive about the ownership of the label “CONSERVATIVE” and that word can sent them into a territorial rage and draw them into confrontation in and of itself.

I commented on a George Will tweet to George Will personally because he was accusing Trump of “not being a conservative.” I didn’t even mention Cruz, but within minutes I was being attacked by Cruz bots as being a “typical dumb Trump bot and foreigner from ITALY.” I did reply this time mentioning Cruz directly, explained I was a natural born US citizen unlike Cruz who is Canadian born citizen and ineligible.

Too funny! The next day I was surprised to see they had continued the thread and went on a rampage about my citizenship. Last I checked they were debating amongst each other if I was from Saudi Arabia or Somalia or some other countries. I found it rather sad BUT HILARIOUS!

They seem to belong to the same hypocritical “constitutional conservative cult” as Mark Levin and Glen Beck. The fact that Televangelist Ted’s run for president is unconstitutional means nothing to them.

THE MARK OF A CULT.

With that said, not all people who support Cruz or see him as their #2 choice are like that, I’ve seen them too and they seem level headed and many of those like Trump equal or second to Trump.

• Trumped says:

R-C, I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence.
        His supporters cherish the underdog position and the struggle. They dont feel good when the sun shines and there are no clouds to fight against.

Fullfilling their dreams would make them miss chasing the dream.
        ´ Actually sometimes good stuff happens…
        Its true; Donald trump owes no one anything and knows how to build and run it with common sense.

• Jo McIntyre says:

That’s funny, Trumped. I noticed how much some conservatives loved being in the underdog position. They constantly harped on how “It’s all over now. We’re doomed,” etc. And they seemed oddly happy.
          Now MY conservative friends aren’t like that. As soon as the weather heats up, I’m going to start asking who they like for President. We shall See!

• The thing is that if there were to be a “Hillary presidency,” it would be the complete take down of America. THERE IS NO AMERICA IN A HILLARY PRESIDENCY. She’d just be the grim reaper who appears at time of death.

Fortunately Donald Trump has risen up to prevent that.

• jackphatz says:

Cruz must have picked up Carson’s supporters.

• stringy theory says:

I think Cruz’s support is way overstated in all these polls. What is amazing is the “evangelical” support for Trump–more than that for preachy Senator Rafael Edward Cruz (GOPe-TX) and his teddy bear buddy, Glenn Buck. That pic today on Drudge of the Mass. rally dubbing Tump a rock star says it all. The momentum for Trump is building, building, building. I love it.

• Karmy says:

I listened to Hannity today and they made a big deal of Cruz’s supporters at his rallies. I felt they were trying to compete with Trump. Also today Rush kept talking about how Trump is now challenging the camera to turn around and show the attendees. How no one has ever done that before. He’s been doing that from day one! But Rush has been talking about it for 2 days and today he took the credit for the cameras turning around because he called them out on it yesterday. Really? It’s like Rush had to insert himself into the Trump momentum. He also talked about how he was playing golf and made a shot and no one saw it because Trump’s plane few overhead at that moment. So pathetic.

3. conservalicious says:

I’m waiting for the portly Karl rove response!

4. feralcatsblog says:

Campaign Slogans.
    Donald Trump: “Make America Great Again!”
    Ted Cruz: “Whatever Trump is for, put me down double!”

5. feralcatsblog says:

Cruz would make an excellent Canadian prim Minister.

• KBR says:

Ever notice, when Cruz supporters address his citizenship at all, they always defend his
      “American” citizenship and not his “US citizenship?”
      Well, duh, he was born in “America”: “North America” as was his father
      Cruz was NOT born in the US and neither was his father, but “American?”

(You know that continent that Heidi works toward making one nation under UN/NWO? Well yeah Cruz dad and son was born there.)

And Rubio? both his parents are American by birth, that is “North American.”

Watch for either one to mention “United States” in speeches, when speaking about citizenship and immigration: nope they always say “America” and “American.”

I never say “American citizen” when commenting online anymore for that reason. “US citizen” is clearer and less letters to key. “USA” is surely shorter and clearer than “American” given that the entire hemisphere is actually American, whether North or South.

6. hocuspocus13 says:

Make 2017 the year of WE THE PEOPLE

🇺🇸 TRUMP 🇺🇸

7. Krazy Kat says:

I love the MSMs new response when these polls come out: “Yes, his supporters will rally, but will they vote?”
    Are you kidding me?

• R-C says:

Yes, that’s the latest thing: they can’t deny the YUGE throngs turning out for Trump everywhere, so they’ve latched onto the one nugget that can’t be proven or dis-proven…until election day.

Election day, that much-anticipated day when the media and the uniparty come to finally realize that Trump’s supporters would crawl shirtless over broken glass to cast a vote for him. The day the Trump Tsunami crashes ashore, inundating the GOPe.

It’s funny to watch, really. They’re still trying to put the tiniest scratch on Trump’s armor.

• stringy theory says:

Yes, crawl shirtless over broken glass. You have it exactly. Nothing will deter us. We will be there at the polls pulling the lever for the next POTUS, Donald Trump. Depend on it.

• marierogers says:

i think theyre finally catching on..heard one of the blowhards (think it was RINO scarborough) say if they stand on line from 11 am to see trump, will they not wait 3 mins to vote?

• BobW462 says:

Yeah, I saw Scarborough make that comment this morning, too. But, as usual, he couched it rhetorically (with that annoying “I’m the smartest RINO in the room” look on his face).

He’s just another Rove-owned shill who still has much difficulty understanding the depth of Trump’s support. Geiss and Halperin are just as bad.

• Bruce Fauth says:

I think this is an apt response, “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” Marshal Ferdinand Foch (French WW I hero). Us Vulgarians are souls on fire.

• don welch says:

“they’re pretty colonel, but can they fight?”

• Athena the Warrior says:

Where’s Bluto? Has Trump’s “weak ground game in Iowa” been added yet?

• rayzorback says:

Trump supporters will FREEZE their asses off waiting in line to get INTO a rally…..
      But not VOTE?
      Dumb Asses!

8. Paco Loco says:

Rove and the GOPe know that there’s no stopping Trump in the primaries. They will wait until the Convention to try and do their dirty tricks. Trump knows this and he will insure that the spot lights will be on the GOPe shenanigans And that the whole world will be watching. We need to know all of the State delegates names and make sure that we make them aware that we will be watching them. What we have in the making is a landslide win for Trump and a complete rejection of the liberal agenda.

• don welch says:

i believe…..hillary is having a slow run of it. she certainly isn’t lighting up the political world. with msm firmly in her camp and foxnews solidly and obviosly working for the GOPe, you would think she could garner more traction. this will be the first election where women are truly the X factor. if the ‘crats can successfully grab perhaps 20% of ‘conservative’ women by appealing to their female instincts and agendas, it’s over for sure. hillary will either win in a landslide or lose in a rout, regardless of who she faces.

• KBR says:

You are counting on women being more lo-info than men are in your “Hillary will (either) win in a landslide” Not a safe bet.
        Hillary has far too much nasty history. Women can read too.

• SharonKinDC says:

No ‘conservative’ women will vote for Hillary and many ‘liberal’ women won’t either. Many liberal women will either stay home or vote Trump.

• NCPatrick says:

Don, yes .. milk that first woman card, but not this woman! For heaven’s sake! The only women I know who are actively supporting Hillary are single women, either thru divorce (in many cases) or thru choice … some young liberals I’m sure, but a normal woman with love in her life is not supporting Hillary. Those who have dared to say they support her are angry, unhappy, miserable gals. These are the ones I know I hasten to add .. many probably don’t fit this criteria of course, but I think Hillary appeals to a certain mindset, which is contrary to much of what we believe here.

I had a woman I know well (who fits all of the above conditions) sneer at me when I mentioned the word “patriotism” to her around July 4. It struck me like a slap when she laughed in my face to think that wearing red/white/blue was a good thing for our nation’s birthday. I’ll never forget that one. And of course that woman was a huge Obama supporter and one supposes now Hillary.

She also lives on Facebook (the Devil’s tool) and made a point of saying to me one day that she wished she could fly to Kentucky or Tennessee … wherever the clerk was who refused to authorize gay marriage … saying she’d love to beat her senseless. No idea why she chose to share this message with me, but I was genuinely stunned. I’ve known her well for over ten years, and she is about as alone as anyone out there. Adequate job, small apartment, two dogs, drinks more than she should, and as she often says, “no life.”

• Martin says:

What is it with your concern trolling?

• With Hillary donning the Hajib? No, I don’t think so, not an attraction for conservative women. Way too muslim and too regressive for women. Hillary’s like great-grandma now. She had her glamorous grandma spark in 2008. Now she’s elderly-ish, ill, lack of energy, yesteryear, and reminds many women of everything they are AFRAID of becoming.

• stringy theory says:

If they actually try to stop Trump after all the azz-kicking he’ll do leading up to the convention, they should be prepared to have every down-ticket member of the GOP (save the one or two real trustworthy men in Congress) voted out of office. Go ahead Rove, wave that red flag in front of us vulgarians and see what happens next.

9. sundance etal herein,

Check out the letter Texas House member John Culberson sent to Loretta Lynch today on Obama’s executive action letter.

He says he sent her a letter that NO FUNDS can be used to fund this action, told her she could not tranfer funds or alter spending in any way to fund this.

Then he said he was going to cut funding on Syrian Refugees the same way in a letter he will send to Obama, The State Dept. etl within 10 days..

Check this out, and next question will Paul Ryan and the GOPe pull Culberson off as his committee leadership and put someone in who will ok the funding?

• marierogers says:

FOB..what a tangled web we weave…

• Garrison Hall says:

Certainly Ryan and the rest of the GOPe sell-out political class will want to undercut Culberson. Colluding with Obama is what they refer to as “governing”. What this means is that the Republican establishment is more in alignment with progressive/leftist agendas then they are with traditional Republican issues. They understand that the power of the state must always dominate the individual and, while they might mildly object to Obama’s new gun control laws, in the end they’ll want to go along with them because they think it’s their first duty is to govern and since Obama is in power. Except that Culberson just made that a whole lot more difficult.

But here’s the problem. The NRA has elected politicians on a very short leash when it come to anti-gun laws. The NRA has a well established reputation of turning out committed voters who will make or break a politician’s career at election time and they aren’t shy about reminding them about. The organization is stunningly effective at lobbying politicians, largely because it’s been at it for so long. So, the GOPe may want to support more gun control (and they may actually do so) but they run the risk of losing their jobs. On the issue of gun-control the NRA doesn’t take prisoners.

And then, there’s Trump. By making it potentially if not in fact illegal for a father to give his sun a handbun without first undergoing a background check, Obama just handed Trump a birthday present of a campaign issue. Trump has demonstrated a very facile ability to take taboo politically correct issues and turn them into albatrosses which he then proceeds to make libtards eat. This one promises to be especially hard going down.

10. Krazy Kat says:

How is Cruz even eligible to be President? He was born in Canada. His father was Cuban. He claims that he is “natural born” because his mother was a US citizen. So then it’s OK that Ol’bomber was born in Kenya just so long as momma was Hawaiian?

11. ezpz says:

I happened over to Right Scoop today, or maybe I should say Right Poop or Wrong Poop…

Anyway, they are pathetic cruzbots. Pathetic! But I’m sure you guys know that. In fact, I may have gone over there because of some comments from here.

I posted a few comments – very polite as I always am, and while I don’t think I was banned, they did remove one of my comments. It was a very benign comment which contained two links from this site, debunking several links someone posted about Trump hiring illegals.

That has become one of my ‘do not even visit’ sites. Maybe I’m paranoid, but my computer did some weird things after that.

• Benson II says:

The scoop was also (all in) for Santorum and I was refused the ability to comment after I refused to toe the line with support for Saintorum. They let me back in a couple of years later only to say no thanks when I suggested another charity to support other than the one they were touting. Never been back and it’s not surprising they’re supporting Cruz. The loser mentality is deep with that bunch.

• Crassus says:

As I’ve said before there are some truly disgusting people at that site and the most disgusting ones there are female.

• stringy theory says:

Most of the Cruzbots stand around with their eyes closed, fingers in their ears, yelling blahblahblahblah. What a bunch of juvenile idiots.

12. tz says:

Trump is still stretching his lead (I’m not quite sure what “lapping” would be with polls but he has done that too). Trump started out with 1/4, and now has 1/3 and is consistent. Carson, Cruz, Rubio go up and down. Jeb just goes down. Internet poll, scientific poll, one-state, national, voters, caucusers, Trump polls high – not like 2012 – Ron Paul would win on the internet, but be in single digits with the mainstream polls. Trump wipes the competition with both.

13. Too,

Culberson is in a very, very safe dist. for him.

They can not find anyone to run who could even come close to him in votes.

D or R….

14. petszmom says:

I will not be happy until cruz is in single digits.

15. marierogers says:

do we really trust MSM to give us the true poll numbers? wouldnt it be easy to fudge them?
    the rally last night was packed to the rafters..they seem to be getting bigger and BIGGER!..
    thats why they will not let cameras pan the “unwashed”!

• jackmac says:

They actually did pan the crowd last night and today Rush Limbaugh took credit for it!

• parteagirl says:

I heard that, too. The first time the cameras showed the crowd was in Grand Rapids before Christmas, unless there was a time before that. Trump said repeatedly during that rally: “turn the cameras” and then called out two camera people by description. How can Rush possibly give himself credit for that? That stunk.

• stringy theory says:

Forget Limbaugh. Stay away from his show as he is all in for Cruz and the GOPe. All of his hundreds of millions are in the hands of Wall Street operatives and hedge fund guys. Rush certainly doesn’t want the vulgarians to break into the gates of his elite domain and do what vulgarians usually do, tear things down. Go Trump!

16. Paco Loco says:

Not elgible! I can’t understand the RNC not having an eligibility process. Born in the USA to two natural born citizens: Ok. Born in a Foreign land to two natural born US citizens and having only one alligence to the US: Ok. Born in a foreign land to a non-US father, and a US mother: No. Born in a foreign land to a US father and a non-US mother: maybe?

• parteagirl says:

Every comment thread I visit that mentions Cruz has questions and arguments about his eligibility. Cruz supporters are on constant defense. As they say: “If you’re explaining, you’re not winning.”

• parteagirl says:

I’ll add this: Cruz was the first to announce for POTUS back in March. We’re less than a month from the first primary, and there are still swirling clouds of doubt over his eligibility that his campaign has yet to effectively quell. That tells me that the Cruz campaign is not filled with competent people. And isn’t that what we want in a President- someone who can surround himself with competent people?

17. Paco Loco says:

Rubio…born in the USA to two non-citizens:no

• jackphatz says:

Rubio was born in Miami, Florida,born May 28, 1971 the second son and third child of Mario Rubio Reina and Oriales (née Garcia) Rubio. His parents were Cubans who immigrated to the United States in 1956, prior to the rise of Fidel Castro in January 1959. His mother made at least four trips back after Castro’s victory, including for a month in 1961. Neither of his parents was a U.S. citizen at the time of Rubio’s birth, but ultimately his parents applied for U.S. citizenship and were naturalized in 1975.

18. Rick says:

These polls have become a real dilemma for the pundits. Realclearpolitics is showing a Trump lead at 15.5% over Cruz without the latest NBC poll just announced which has Trump up by 17%.

Usually, NBC and Q-Polls are the most slanted against TRUMP. With this latest NBC poll at 35%, it’s likely that the real number is well over 40%. (figuring they’re trying to throw at least 5-10% more to Cruz, Rubio etc…) Anything to keep Trump from rising further.

Simple observation by crowd support is undeniable. People are not attending a stump speech waiting 3 hours in below-freezing temperatures because they have no plan to vote when their time arrives. That is pure MSM bullshit.

I felt that desperation was growing in the Cruz camp because of these unveiled shots in the last day agains Trump. Saying that he is stronger than Trump on Deportation by not allowing any illegals back in is a pure pander play. No where ever during this campaign was little Raphael ever so bold.
    He’s been drafting on Trump since Day 1 and now this recent NBC poll shows that Trump is getting a higher percentage of Evangelicals than even Cruz.

Cruz’s internals for IA must be showing a slide in support, hence why Cruz is coming out now on TRUMP. Since he will likely split the IA evangelical vote between 4 or 5 others, his personality doesn’t resonate much beyond that segment of the base.

Likely, Trump’s team knows that Cruz has hit his ceiling and they are still laying low. They know they have more than enough to attack Cruz with but for now they’ll let the ads win over voters not as closely attached as us Vulgarians.

The fun begins in 27 days!

TRUMP 2016

19. NCPatrick says:

Just heard that Rubio plans to have a campaign rally in Raleigh on Friday or Saturday. Radio says it will be at the state fairgrounds, which is the location of the Dorton Arena where Trump had such a YUGE crowd 2-3 weeks ago. I’m going to try to find out more about it, but if he holds it in the same place as Trump’s rally, that would be pretty ambitious, don’t you think? I hope he doesn’t have a big crowd.

• NCPatrick says:

OK, it’s at 4:30 on Saturday afternoon Jan 9, and it is at the fairgrounds, but not in Dorton Arena .. in a building called the Holshouser Bldg which is used for a variety of meets, normally antique and gun shows. It will be interesting to see how professional the Rubio organization is in getting prepared for this speech. Maybe there will be live streaming?

20. Bill Quick says:

Good news for Trump. Looks like his voters will stick with him, Cruz’s with Cruz, and Rubio’s with Rubio. Which means Trump crushes them.

21. Doodahdaze says:

Cruz sucks. He is just another one. Sleezey politician.

22. I’ve really had it, with “Me, Too Ted”. I don’t understand how his supporters can’t see through the shtick, its so calculating. I actually know the answer – Many of them are still under the false impression Ted Cruz is a pure, unvarnished ‘Conservative’ even though his record and his actions prove otherwise.

I even saw some Ted Cruz supporter on Facebook claim Donald Trump has been steeling Ted Cruz’s positions. I was at first outraged, and then, I began to laugh. Total delusion.

• Crassus says:

Even if Teddy Ballgame is, as his supporters claim, a pure, unvarnished conservative, is that necessarily a good thing? It seems to me that we’ve elected a lot of pure, unvarnished conservatives the past seven years and they haven’t done a damn thing.

23. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

Despite all that are against him he is still on top. How can anyone think that he will not win?

24. Jo McIntyre says:

The last Iowa-only polls I could find date to mid-December. A lot of water under the bridge since then, not to speak of the national polls, which must include Iowa, right? showing Trump up by A LOT. That’s why Trump pretty much thinks he’ll win. However, the caucus format was so confused when I last paid attention to them, it may be a long time and after much wrangling, that firm results actually appear.