The “friend” of Farook purchased the long-guns and has been missing since last Wednesday?….  sketchy.

CALIFORNIA – FBI agents raided a Riverside home belonging to a friend of San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook as they try to determine whether the man purchased two of the semiautomatic rifles used in the massacre, according to a law enforcement source.

la home

The source, who asked to remain anonymous because the case is ongoing, said officials have been trying to talk to the man to see what he knows. It’s far from clear whether the man had anything to do with the violence or even knew what Farook did with the guns, the source added. A second source said the guns were purchased three years ago.

The person the FBI is seeking to interview is Enrique Marquez Jr., a source said.

Farook, his parents and siblings lived on Tomlinson Avenue for several years before moving out a few months ago. Marquez lived next door.

While Farook generally kept to himself, one exception was his friendship with Marquez, who shared his love of tinkering with cars, neighbors said.

On Thursday, Gustavo Ramirez, who said he was Marquez’s stepfather, told a Times reporter that he and his wife hadn’t heard from Marquez since Wednesday afternoon and were concerned. Ramirez said it was unlike Marquez not to come home.

On Friday, someone had put up a sign in the family’s yard that said: “Please keep off the property thank you.”

The garage door appeared to have been broken, and a window was shattered. (read more)

This entry was posted in ISIS, Islam, Jihad, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

323 Responses to Missing Since Wednesday? – FBI Seeking To Locate Syed Farook Friend Enrique Marquez Jr….

1. ZurichMike says:

Gun runner?
    Go-pro film runner?

2. daveinsocal says:

Wonder if he has the video with him?

• Plain Jane says:

The plot thickens as if it could get any murkier. HE checked HIMSELF into a mental hospital. Will someone be giving him some mind altering drugs which will unfortunately alter his memory? Of is that his safe space after learning what the Islamists did with the guns he bought for them.

• non agenda says:

OF COURSE he checked himself into a hospital, the moment he heard what happened, & knew he had sold the guns to F. Wouldn’t you? What is the smarter thing to do? Hole up in yr home & defend it like a fort?
        Oh, I forgot, you would never have sold guns to F.

• lovely says:

Just wanted to mention that you can’t sign yourself into a Bin. You can present yourself at a Bin but short of telling them that you are going to kill yourself or someone else very few places will admit you.

Pat on the back, there there, here is a pill, here is a script hope you have a sweater it’s a little chilly outside.That is what 99% of folks who are not suicidal or homicidal get if they try to spend the night in a Bin.

• smiley says:

wonder who cairs enough to give him that bright idea.

• non agenda says:

Right, being a Marquez, no way his IQ is adequate for this. He can only be a pawn/robot serving some Master Plot.
            I don’t know background or truth, but just possible something/someone in his life led to a good decision.

• Les says:

Ah, now. I know many intelligent folks of Hispanic origin. I grant you THIS Hispanic looks like a total idiot, but I think it is his liberalism that makes him stupid, not his name.

I think people who have spent more time out west are more used to being around folks with an Hispanic origin. Some of their families have been here longer than we have.

• non agenda says:

Would like yr post if wp let me, which it won’t. But, SB on Wednesday was not a “99%” situation; it was a “1% sit.”, or less. No one here accepts he had a credible case of High Anxiety? No, he has to be a guilty pawn in Grand Scheme. I don’t know the truth either; not as smart as most here.

• He knew what to say to get admitted to a looney bin. I bet he practiced it in advance. This seems like a great way to keep the FEDs off your a$$.

• boutis says:

And did he know who the shooter was before the name was even made public late Wednesday. These guns were altered a lot. As a so called mechanic, I don’t think Farook is much of a mechanic or a gear head, this ‘”friend” committed several felonies not to mention selling or handing over illegally altered guns to a terrorist. Is modifying guns his “profession”? Running to a mental/drug addict hospital is not that uncommon by the way for a felon especially a smart or professional one at least where I live. You can buy your way into the private ones with cash very easily.

• Les says:

Or he has a family member who works in the mental health field. Or Syed’s mom, who worked for Kaiser Permanente. I’m using their name because they hired her. They deserve the infamy.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

You can sign yourself into a psych hospital.
          Usually not a public hosp, since bed space is precious. But if you have insurance, most any hosp with a psych unit will be glad to sign you in.

If you go in involuntarily, that requires a judge order to deprive you of your civil rights – basically what is needed is proof of imminent harm, similar to probable cause criterion for violating someone’s civil rights.

If you sign yourself in, you can also sign yourself out.

Not all psych units are lock-up; a lock-up would be the only way to be safe from someone coming for you.

• Wasn’t there chatter/scanner on the day of the shooting about Patton Hospital possibly having an active shooter? IIRC I read something about it because I posted that Patton Hospital is a looney bin for the criminally insane, unfit to stand trial etc. It is quite famous here in So. Cal and is in Redlands just around the corner from where this all happened in San Berdoo.
          I do not know if they also have space for non-criminal walk-ins or 5150’s? I wonder if there was some early intel on this guy and where he might be?

• John Galt says:

“But authorities haven’t been able to talk to him because he checked himself into a mental hospital”

So mental hospitals have King’s X now? This sounds fishy.

3. Serpentor says:

He’s missing, huh?

Sort of like that third shooter has gone missing, too, hmmmm. I’m sure it’s simply a coincidence.

• kinthenorthwest says:

My thoughts exactly — 3rd shooter??

• Doodahdaze says:

The dots will eventually lead to the White House.

• Rurik says:

Remember the shadowy figure at Sandy Hook, seen slipping away through the woods, dressed in camouflage?
      Remember the speculation there was an accomplice at Aurora, who opened the theater back door, and slipped away?
      Remember the missing third man reported at the Murrah bombing?
      Do any of you remember any other recent cases with shadowy, never apprehended, accomplices?
      Probably not “actual shooters”, but handlers. Maybe the person who makes sure the shooter conveniently “suicides” at the end?

4. Doodahdaze says:

Anything Comey lets out in the meeting will go right to the Muzz Bros.

• Both Obama and Comey know it. What an interesting stand-off.

I was thinking that Obama is using the meeting to see what Comey knows. That’s the only reason Obama ever met with the Republicans. To read them and see who was wise to what.

I think both Obama and Comey are wise to each other now, and Obama’s trying to figure out how to subvert the FBI. It’s gonna be tricky, but Obama is pretty dang tricky. Obama knows Comey knows, but does he know that Comey knows that Obama knows? WHO KNOWS…..

• Sentient says:

^this

• lovely says:

This and so that Obama can lie to Comey, have Comey make a statement and then Obama can go out there and directly contradict what Comely says. Same show different pony.

At this point Obama is a one trick pony.

• lastConservinIllinois?ami says:

And if Comey doesn’t tell all he knows in the meeting because of legitimate national security concerns (i. e. Obama), obama will remove him from his FBI position for dereliction of duty and have all other meeting participants as witnesses of the “dereliction”.

Comey is in a no-win here.
          Hope he decides to tell the truth about what he knows once he’s fired.

• That’s probably our only hope. I’m very certain that Obama is about to use this to attack online posts against Muslims. Look at the New York Daily News article that Amy posted on the other thread. They’re making one of the victims, a Christian who posted online like we do, a bad guy, responsible for driving poor Farook nuts. That’s why the workplace violence angle. This one is a setup, though, IMO. He may have even been a poster here, I’ll bet. Who are we missing? That would be how they try to take out Trump.

• Doodahdaze says:

He can not be fired. He has a ten year term

• Crystal says:

Ah, yes! The messers become the messees. Or somesuch. I love that episode of Friends, BTW.

• I read the Prez has about a dozen of these young Muzz Bros reporting to him at the WH re: Muzzy things in America..

5. bofh says:

Nothing to see here. Move along. Certainly no terror cell here…

6. dizzymissl says:

They talked about a hispanic guy on the scanner when they were trying to round up the terrorists.

• BobNoxious says:

Yup. Hispanic “long beard”

• I remember that, too. Dispatch also said Syed Farook was known to them from the week before the shooting but that was the last we heard of that.

• Ziiggii says:

Also, one of the main witnesses that ID’d Farook early on was a Ramirez (sp?). That info was relayed over SBPD comms.

• Government informant. I knew it. Holy Titanium Tacos of Toledo.

Here’s what I’m thinking. Ramirez sold Farook the guns so that he was dirty by the straw purchase. Oldest .gov trick in the book. Probably lied to him that it was OK federal but didn’t tell him it was illegal in California. I was waiting for there to be some reason to think #3 was an informant, and this is it.

Something is up. The question is who is betraying who. But it’s falling apart, and THAT is why all the concern. These kind of operations can’t survive in the internet age.

Yikes. I think things are getting very heavy. Call Sharyl Attkisson. OMG. John Doe 2015.

• Yeah, you think that’s bad, add this next item (my post is still in moderation). Amy posted about a New York Daily News article that just came out, where they make out one of the victims as the villain – an NRA supporting, Planned Parenthood-opposing, Christian/Jewish (Messianic Jew), “right wing” online poster who they are trying to imply caused Farook to flip out. This explains the weird meme about an “argument” causing this, when the witness didn’t report one. But the bottom line is that you have to remember that the NSA/CIA are following all this in real time. They know all these postings. So this is starting to come together. Reichstag of the Internet. Reichstag of Guns. Reichstag of the FBI. Reichstag of Free Speech.

Obama is going for it. We have 19 hours until showtime.

• AnyaArisohn says:

I saw that article.

4 letter word that begins with C for the writer of such garbage.

• nimrodman says:

Re “messianic jew” there’s this:

San Bernardino Terrorist To Jewish Victim: ‘You Will Never See Israel’ (weeks before shooting)

According to the pastor of one of the victims of the San Bernardino terror attack, just weeks prior to the deadly shooting, Sayed Farook told Nicholas Thalasinos—a devout Messianic Jew and fellow health inspector—“You will never see Israel.”

• This whole thing is going to explode – just the way Obama wanted it to. My only question now is whether Comey was in on it. If he wasn’t, we have one ally. If he was, we may have none.

Karl Rove and Jeb are surely in on it. This is all designed to recover the globalist agenda. It’s pretty dang evil. We have slightly under 19 hours until Obama gives his speech. I say we give his psy-op speech-writers one h377 of a headache in that time.

• smiley says:

how long before this strawman’s house of straw is open for the media to swarm in.
                  will they find copies of the Koran all over the place ?

• I wonder if there is any evidence that these guys were actually manipulated in real time into their confrontation. I don’t say that lightly. You’d be amazed at the tricks that the Ominions played on me under various guises, when I didn’t play ball the way they wanted. A lot of times people think they’re involved in legitimate things, and never realize there’s a darker purpose – that’s why it’s often difficult to blame people who pull off creepy stuff – the blade runners. In the long run, it pays to be forgiving of minions, IMO. Perhaps the forces of good can turn a knowledgeable minion here, and send Obama where he belongs.

• smiley says:

red meat.
                  staged FOR the media.

• Yup. Now if my assumption that knowledge I gained from my own case is applicable here, it is very likely that people in the management chain were involved here. Some will have been innocent victims of the social engineering, but some will have been actively aiding in the process, although perhaps with only partial knowledge. If the FBI is not actually involved in the plot, they might be able to find somebody in the management chain who will talk – provided they weren’t conveniently eliminated.

The trouble is, the Ominions take hold most easily in orgs that have a fairly leftish slant, and any EPA-like org is already going to be filled with true believers, so it may be hard to find a cooperative player. However, nobody signed up for 14 dead people, so I expect there could be some changes of heart.

By talking to people who surround the two players, it may be possible to discover who foot-dragged on separating them, or otherwise did the Obama slow-walk and “accidental” flame-fanning on solving the problem. Look for massive non-transparency, hidden motive, and everything seen around Lois Lerner, and I’ll bet they’ll have identified the stage-hands.

Of course, PC investigators can’t pull this off. They’ll go to easy, predictable, PC-taught conflicts between the two victims, or suspected sympathies one way or another in others around them. The trick is to go beyond that. Who would participate in a “social justice” scam? Ah, yes. Only people qualified to investigate communists can do this, and – sadly – I doubt they have many left in Obama’s version of LE.

All I can say is that I hope this stuff ends soon, but I doubt it. ‘Slims are at least as conspiratorial as commies, and Obama has brought plenty into the system. If we keep bringing them in, real American justice is going to die. It’s too much of a cultural shift.

• georgiafl says:

Right now, Mr. Thalasinos is getting a grand tour of the beautiful New Jerusalem – only repentant Muslims who convert and come to Jesus will ever see.
                John 3:3 – “Unless a man is born again, he will never see the Kingdom of GOD.”

• Sandra says:

So if Ramirez is Enrique Marquez’ stepfather and homeowner, he probably knew Syed Farook. What was the context of the Ramirez mention? My gut feeling is that Ramirez is innocent, but his son did loan or sell the guns to Farook. And now Ramirez is going to have to fix the damage to his home, thanks to his son.

• The two people may or may not be connected, but I’m thinking if there’s one informant, two is just as easy, and especially if they’re both Hispanic. You get one person in and others follow. But his relationships with Hispanics are the key. The guy who sold the guns is definitely an informant, IMO, and so is shooter #3, who gets to disappear or gets smart and stops trusting people and disappears. The question is simply who is who, as the number of people condenses down. Is the guy who called the same as the third shooter? One witness saw three people disrobe from tactical gear in an adjacent building. And don’t assume that different names are different people. Criminals like aliases. Plus, with these horrible psy-op names that have been floating around….. UGH. Almost as bad as “Josh Earnest”.

Are the seller and the third shooter related, and if so, how? I say just leave it open. But both of those roles – somebody who sells tainted guns, and a crime participant who disappears – both of these are classic roles played by informants. Easiest way to explain discrepancies with this lying government is to figure they’re lying when the numbers change.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Who was the shadow on the grassy knoll?

• 1hear2learn says:

3 people undressing, 1 running away from shooting scene, missing gun seller possibly checked into psych hospital… very mysterious indeed. But I can’t see the local leo’s not transmitting on radio that 3rd suspect in custody??? I do recall hearing about a detained Hispanic after shootout, but was also hearing requests to release him after number changed to only 2 in SUV. I believe the request to release him was denied at the time though, so who knows? And where are those dang GoPro’s?

Fishy, fishy, and more fishy… and, I cannot stand to hear Oblama speak. Man gives me the creeps so I think I’ll skip his speech and read / listen about it later. And, if brings up climate change again, I may just have a splodey head myself!

• Sandra says:

We know the address of Farook’s old home on Tomlinson, and sure enough the house the FBI searched is right next door. Add 8. It’s not owned by anyone named Marquez, so I’m thinking Marquez and the other people living there are renting. If true, I’m sure the owner of the house is PO’d that the house was broken into by the FBI. There goes Enrique’s security deposit. 🙂

• timmypaddy says:

He had PINNAY on his licence plates, he is a Flip, Filipino.

7. aprilyn43 says:

But, we’ve been told that Syed and Tashfeen, were the only ones involved … WOW!
    What a revelation that there might be more people involved … NOT!

• I call it conservation of stiffs. The total number of warm and cold stiffs is always preserved. So 3 doesn’t become 2 unless there’s another stiff somewhere. Maybe 3 becomes 2 by Common Core math, but I was luckily born before even “New Math”. I don’t buy the magical stiff that disappears from two police scanner witness reports.

8. mooney1el says:

I read on the Blaze hat he had checked himself into a mental hospital.

“But authorities haven’t been able to talk to him because he checked himself into a mental hospital after the attack. The official was not allowed to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.”

9. BitterC says:

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

Hahahaha

Good one

We’re supposed to buy the premise that the same guy who has authorized the NSA to collect all phone records of every communication in the US is gong to respect HIPAA laws?

That’s hilarious

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

stinky, hope my words were interpreted as intended.

My frustrations, and subsequent disbelief that Obama has any consideration for our privacy laws, was absolutely directed at the muzzlim in chief and not your post.

I am certainly convinced that the rat Marquez was checked into the hospital to avoid exposure to authorities, to hide behind HIPAA laws, as you mentioned.

10. BobNoxious says:

The thing I keep thinking of is could this man be the third attacker?

11. badlass says:

Daily Mail has an article that says the “neighbor” has ckecked himself into a mental hospital.

• patrickhenryrevisited says:

A most convenient way to avoid being questioned by the police.

• boutis says:

You have to have money or a lawyer with connections to do it. Cash will get you into a private hospital for a while. Upthread I said it happens where I live. A court can drag him out. And for someone providing “modified” illegal guns to a mass murderer it is not a bad cover to claim you lost your **** upon realizing what you did. Is this guy a pro gun modifier for criminals, drug gangs, bank robbers, and now jihadi terrorists, etc?

• Lulu says:

Marquez sold the guns to Farook three years ago. I doubt that anyone will be able to have him removed from the facility he checked himself into. Imagine everyone who sold a weapon to another being held responsible for what that person did with it! Especially after three years.

But they do want to talk with him. And thorough investigate him.

12. Sandra says:

Oh boy. This guy too liked to hang out in the garage and “tinker”.

• patrickhenryrevisited says:

Another Interestingly coincidence……
      The Riverside County Mental Health Facility is ONE block away from this fellow’s house.

• Sandra says:

Do you think that’s where he checked in? He just walked over there. Hahaha

• Sandra says:

Daily Mail says he checked into a facility in Long Beach. That’s pretty far away …. when he could have walked one block. 🙂

• boutis says:

The odds of the Long Beach whatever taking in cash customers is probably fairly high. Addict, drunk, or depressed?

• TheLastDemocrat says:

If Riverside is public, bed space is precious – they won’t really take walk-ins. But Long View, or any private, will – if you have insurance. They know they can at least get coverage for 3 days to figure out what state you are in, before deciding whether to authorize a longer stay. Most all regular health ins has inpt psych coverage.

• GracieD says:

If you have Insurance or Cash, they will take you. Regarding HIPAA Laws, By law, a facility is not even allowed to tell if you are a patient at the facility without your permission, hence, the anonymous source.

13. lovely says:

Escamilla said the four people who lived at Marquez’s house were “outdoorsy.” He didn’t talk with them much but said Marquez had seemed “withdrawn” in the past three weeks.

Hmmm…

The day before the raid, Escamilla said, his sister noticed a grey car parked on the street with someone inside staring at the Marquez home. Later, the car circled the street.

Hmmmm…

As stated above the Blaze is reporting that he checked himself into the Bin.

In a normal world the gun buyer/supplier should only have a 72 hour window of stay even though he is self admitted with either life threatening mental illness or homicidal mental illness, it has to be either or.

I suspect his mantra is “I want to commit suicide, I never knew that Farook and Malik would kill people with guns I bought.”

Feds should be able to bypass all kinds of laws to get their own shrink in to do an evaluation to see if there is malingering for secondary gain with this “person of interest”. The mental health specialist in the facility could turn him over to the Feds if they suspect he is malingering.

In order to take such actions the shrinks and the Feds would have to go against Obama.

So……

14. AdukeLAXobserver says:

For some reason I don’t think you can’t talk to me I am having myself committed is going to work for very long with the FBI.

• lovely says:

Depends on where he is and what the doctors disposition is. If he is claiming suicidal or homicidal thoughts even the Feds might have a little trouble gaining access to him. By law the gun buyer/supplier will have to be communicating with mental health professionals or catatonic.

If the gun supplier/buyer is communicating he will have to be saying everyday that he is either suicidal or homicidal. Otherwise he will be considered medicated and/or “counseled” into a mental state that allows him to go home with medications, the promise to take them and/or continued counseling. A locked down Bin is a hell of a place to spend your days.

• Daavid A says:

It depends on if the o admin wants him questioned or not.

15. mazziflol says:

Sign looks like it was written on a chunk of drywall or something

• bertdilbert says:

Yes it is. The window on the garage was recently added so someone was probably living in the garage. Strangely, the upper right window seems to have a spring hinge, the kind you find on screen doors. The drywall could have come from the new opening in the garage to accommodate the window.

• boutis says:

It might be another bomb factory or a machine shop to alter guns for sale. Farook certainly had interesting friends for such a quite, sweet, modest little terrorist. How long was he a thug before me met the wrong end of a police shootout?

16. Kristi Ann says:

DEPORT ALL evil muslims OUT of our Judeo-Christian Nation United States of America NOW and their SYMPATHIZERS!!

• Les says:

We can’t do that, we still have a Constitution. I am a Constitution Sympathizer.

However, the gov’t can absolutely monitor anyone they want at all times. There is no reason we can’t round up the Daesh sympathizers and send them packing along with the other terror groups (there are more groups who get less airtime).

Once upon a time there was a group of people who decided to leave everything behind in England and go to Holland and America. They were escaping a Church State (which is the exact goal of Daesh). Freedom from religion is a legitimate idea. I don’t want to conform to any Islamic customs or niceties. THAT is our right. Muslims don’t need to adopt my religious views, but they need to adopt our customs if they are here. If that makes them angry, they need to go.

It’s easy to get carried away and forget who we are. it’s easy to hate. They do it all the time. But we are better people, we hold great truths.

• dizzymissl says:

I don’t like the word Daesh because ISIS contains the word Islam. I think the whole Daesh thing is a scam to get us to quit disparaging the “religion of peace”.

• El Torito says:

Better to err on the side of getting out in front of this than to err on the side of waiting too long and never recovering from it. I remind you that the Traitor in Chief is a Constitutional scholar and will use it as a means to see this country’s end. We are better people but throughout history we have known when it’s time to take up arms and do unspeakable violence to our enemy. That time is now.

• Troll. There will be many more.

• Les says:

Are you calling me a troll because I won’t throw out the Constitution and jump on the hate train? Somehow my Christian upbringing stuck a bit here and there and I choose to judge people on their actions and content of their character. I also understand the Constitution.

But you can call everybody you don’t agree with a troll if you want. Again, Constitution. See how that works?

I’ve also send tons of candy to Iraq and AFG in care packages so the boys could give it out to the kiddies over there. You can call me a Muslim Supporter, too, I guess. I have a really hard time hating kids. They are at the mercy of their parents.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I can’t follow. Whose the troll? Les? Les has been posting here a long time, no?

• Daavid A says:

It is NOT legal to cover up advocating for murder, a caste system, and sedition, by naming those ideas religious.

Without formal rejection of Sharia law and the hadith, almost in its entirety and teaching a strictly interior spiritual interpretation of jihad, this is exactly what Islam does and it can be ruled illegal.

17. JunieG says:

Why did this happen? Syed was an American citizen, and legally and financially able to buy his own guns. Why would someone else buy guns, and give/sell them to Syed? Perhaps it was not with nefarious intent, but it may have been an infraction of gun sale law, in which case he must be held accountable. Or is more going on? I advise this guy to give himself up….

18. taqiyyologist says:

I didn’t read the whole thread yet, but my immediate takeaway from the picture was:

This guy couldn’t afford a No Tresspassing — Keep Out sign?

Or some yellow tape? Or a rope and two orange cones?

Look at that kindergarten sign!

A piece of FBI-broken drywall and a Bic pen?

Can’t even afford a freakin’ Sharpie?

19. taqiyyologist says:

(They must moderate me for a reason. My comments are attempts at humor, while also attempting to be germane. And sometimes it’s hard to tell if Taq is too inebriated or is actually making a good point in a humorous way. I’m no Iowahawk, I know.)

• I get moderated for all kinds of inscrutable spam reasons, and the stuff just shows up eventually. I do know that an anagram of reap almost invariably gets moderated, but other than that, it’s pretty unpredictable.

• boutis says:

I think you are hilarious. We need to laugh so we don’t cry or have a stroke. I do anyway. In the words of my mother in law “They’re just so damned tacky!” Can’t we get classier immigrant terrorists?

20. Ziiggii says:

How much you wanna bet this “friend” is bald?

The hispanic suspect from the scanner was described as being bald.

• boutis says:

So he may be getting hair plugs while obtaining mental treatment? Maybe a nose job and some dental work too? Like the mafia or drug lord changing their appearance so no one can ID them.

21. snaggletooths says:

check the nearest mosque. None of this is passing the sniff test the family has two lawyers this Enrique Marquez Jr is missing. Where did the two killers go in between the shooting going to their house then back out in the suv where they were eventually taken down.

• lovely says:

The two nutty attorneys for the Farook family appear to be Obama/Terrorist fan boys. They floating test balloons to see how much BS Obama can spout about these Islamic terrorist attacks. David Chelsey is a caricature of an Islamic apologist. Chelsey is fascinating from a psychological point of view.

He is likely rather smart and it likely pains him to have to make such absurd assertions. He is visibly uncomfortable when he spouts the lunacy that he espouses. He is very very very careful with his words even though he knows that he sounds like a nut. He steadies himself for everything he says.

22. s1ct says:

Enrique Marquez… how close are we to having the Pakistani kooks aligned with the Mexican cartels?

• boutis says:

Very if not already. With heaps of Middle East oil cash and a similar philosophy of mayhem and murder, as well as shared histories of drug manufacturing and drug running, they are natural allies. Now they have an open border.

• georgiafl says:

Most of the drug cartels in EU and Mexico are now run by Islamists…Hezbollah has made great inroads in Central and South America…hence all the rash of beheadings in central, south and north America.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

People keep up. Upthread, it said his license plate said “Pinnay.”

This would be Filipino. Like that Hispanic-named teen-age child-killer in Sacaramento, or wherever.

Spain ruled Philippines for a while, hence many Spanish surnames, and Spanish language mixed in Filipino.

23. Amy says:

Did you all see what the NY Daily News said about one of the victims? Called him a bigot because he was anti abortion and pro NRA,.

“They were two hate-filled, bigoted municipal employees interacting in one department. Now 13 innocent people are dead in unspeakable carnage.

NO It’s 14 innocent dead

One man spent his free time writing frightening, NRA-loving, hate-filled screeds on Facebook about the other’s religion.

The other man quietly stewed and brewed his bigotry, collecting the kind of arsenal that the Facebook poster would have envied.

What they didn’t realize is that except for their different religions they were in many ways similar men who even had the same job.

One man, the Muslim, was a loser who had to travel all the way to Pakistan to get himself an email bride. (I refuse to add to their fame by using the killer and his murderous wife’s names.)

That wife radicalized him and fueled his hatred. The FBI is investigating her ties to Al Qaeda and ISIS. Go to the Middle East, meet your new wife, meet some terror leaders, begin your wedded bliss back in the USA.

The other man, the victim, Nicholas Thalasinos, was a radical Born Again Christian/Messianic Jew, who also connected with his future wife online and had traveled across the country to meet her.

The killer, however, became half of an Islamic Bonnie & Clyde, while the other died as the male equivalent of Pamela Geller.

The killers deserve every disgusting adjective thrown at them. And more.

But the victim is also inaccurately being eulogized as a kind and loving religious man.

Make no mistake, as disgusting and deservedly dead as the hate-filled fanatical Muslim killers were, Thalasinos was also a hate-filled bigot. Death can’t change that. But in the U.S., we don’t die for speaking our minds. Or we’re not supposed to anyway.

Thalasinos was an anti-government, anti-Islam, pro-NRA, rabidly anti-Planned Parenthood kinda guy, who posted that it would be “Freaking Awesome” if hateful Ann Coulter was named head of Homeland Security. He asked, “IS 1. EVERY POLITICIAN IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR? 2. EVERY POLITICIAN IS A MORON? 3. EVERY POLITICIAN IS RACIST AGAINST JEWS?” He also posted screeds like, “You can stick your Muslim Million Man march up your asses,” and how “Hashem” should blow up Iran.

His Facebook page warns that “Without HEALTHY PREGNANT WOMAN (Democrats) would have NO SOURCE of BABIES to SACRIFICE and SELL!”

We have freedom of speech but even so, a city worker should refrain from such public bigotry. Municipal workers have been fired for spewing and posting racial and sexual slurs.,

24. Amy says:

Obviously I didn’t quote the second half right.. sorry.

• No problem. I think you’ve found the key. This thing is a set-up to go after it all – guns, free speech online, the works. My guess is the the FBI is not part of it, and Comey is the outsider. CIA is helping, because it’s a tick list item on the globalist agenda item – get our guns and curtail our speech – bring us to European standards. What you’ve found it the payload – the way they set up the story.

WOW.

Remember – the government knows everything about everybody before it’s even playing out – all their online writings – the works. NSA is reading all their mail. They’re watching the drama in real time. O.M.G. Evil stuff. And now they’re feeding the script to the New York papers – safe behind enemy lines.

This is getting very heavy.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

This is getting very heavy.

The Levon Helm Band – The Weight
        – 8/3/2008 – Newport Folk Festival (Official)

• Ivehadit says:

It also is about setting up the DEFINITIONS. The left does not get to define what is hateful because, imho, they clearly have a problem, especially with hearing the truth…as in “the truth hurts”.
        And they project THEIR hate of Middle America by what they define as unacceptable. IMHO, we must push back on their “definitions.” They don’t get to define who or what America is!

• boutis says:

It seems to be another version of ATF “Fast and Furious”. I’m not sure it is but it looks that way. Maybe it is the geniuses (snark) at ATF again. Maybe that is who was in the garage building dud pipe bombs, needed the crime scene adulterated by idiots in the media, and helped put the gun runner dude in the nuthouse to hide. Who knows? It seems so stupid it probably is ATF the clown show agency.

• Jenny R. says:

Complicit clown show. The ATF kinda has a history of being the president’s toadies; probably because they’re staffed with a lot of incompetent (no offense to any competent, decent ones out there — but well, you know your agency’s reputation).

• Amy says:

take a look at the tweets I posted above, she keeps tweeting the article.

25. yahoomcgoo says:

They need to check the specific people that this guy will see at the mental health clinic. Probably they are part of the Muslim conspiracy to use biological weapons next. Farook-environmental health, his wife pharmacist, now a mental health facility where biologicals could be transported by medical waste services type vehicles. Does anyone ever check what is inside those medical waste containers?? Or are they considered so potentially toxic that they are given a free passage where ever they want to be taken thus making a good system for transporting biological warfare materials.

• Ziiggii says:

Good points!

We know the French were scared shatless about an NBC attack by ISIS after Paris (due to chatter?). We also have metal cylinders trying to make their way across the southern boarder. A lot of health/pharmacy related stuff giving cover to be able to move NBC agents into place.

26. James F says:

This is slightly off topoc but still related.

After the local news tonight I caught the beginning of Saturday Night Live and there was not tribute to the victims of the San Bernardo muslim terror attack.

On the episode that followed the French muslim terror attack there was a poigniant tribute that was widely publicized in the media.

I guess American victims do not deserve a tribute because liberals think they somehow deserved it or sonething?

• Sandra says:

They don’t want to offend their Muslim viewers?

• Jenny R. says:

They aren’t going to touch this with a ten foot pole. Too close to urinating all over the leftist agenda.
      As for this Hispanic guy: what does the average criminal do when they discover: they’ve been involved in a PBFD (thank you for that acronym Biden, most useful contribution you’ve ever made) and now have a target on your back from all sides? Can’t turn himself in, can’t stay out on the streets…get thee to a drug rehab clinic hastily (and yes, one removed from your local stomping grounds, easier to keep hidden).

27. ekie93 says:

This story reminds me of John Doe 2. This entire incident reminds me of the OKC bombing in that there is so much noise it is improbable to figure it out.

28. mickie says:

I think SNL was a re run.

• James F says:

It was new and christmas themed.

It opened with a Trump sketch.

After the french mulslim terror attack they skipped the planned opening sketch and had a serious toned tribute to the innocent victims.

• Doodahdaze says:

The French terrorists were not justified. France is not an oppressor state to them. America is the oppressor in their minds. Thus the terrorists are justified. Believe it or not this is how liberals think.

• Deb says:

They also believe that their gun control laws make them “innocent,” while our ability to purchase and own firearms makes us complicit.

29. angryduc says:

Nobody has mentioned the brand of Islam he followed. So I’ll leave this here for a frame of reference. The Mosque Farooq attended. … Dar-Al-Uloom Al-Islamia

Darul-Uloom in the Fight for Freedom
    “The political history of Darul-Uloom Deoband, should be reckoned to have begun nine or ten years prior to the establishment of Darul-Uloom. In 1857 (A.H. 1274), with the determination to free India from the English yoke,” …..

If this is type of basis of ideology taught in these mosques I really don’t see the multicultural vision for coexistence which is essential to become an American. Which is at the heart of whatever Barry intends to sell us tomorrow.

30. ImpeachEmAll says:

Hey, why stop asking?

Tic Toc, beat the clock.

You people are a trip.

Trying to ID #3; yet can’t

ID grassy knoll shadow.

Pea nowhere to be found;

shell game has concluded.

31. Jeff says:

Occum’s Razor ….The FBI probably wants him reported as missing . Put this post together with Sundance from yesterday ….and the likely scenario is for the FBI to make the support network feel free to move around .

Someone has to post the video of the Christmas massacre . Why else would the GoPro video be so important . To tear at the psyche of the Christian capture bonded under Obama’s spell !! ???

It’s either that or full on GUMP ..or worse …complicit …I’ll pray its the first guess .

32. Doodahdaze says:

Oh No. Not this. The terrorist handler for the California Muzz Bro is a Bro. Oh no. A Black Muslim from Minnesota. Not a Black Muslim. Anything but that.

• Stinky-Inky says:

Did this bro attend any BLM actions? I think the FBI/LEO get the connection between MB/CAIR/ISIS and BLM (and BLM goes right to the WH with Deray visiting and DOJ at Ferguson) and were telegraphing that to the public with the Lieutenant’s graphic first-hand narrative of the scene and commentary about 99.95% of cops being the good guys at the end.

In other words, do we have multiple, connected fronts: the obvious muzzies, Mexican drug cartels, useful idiots in the BLM? Now look at how effective the feds are at dealing with these three groups (not) and how much they handcuff local LEOs’ interactions with these groups.

33. Jeff says:

Occum’s razor …the simplest explanation is the most likely

Imagine a world where Russia is engaged in a proxy war with America .( https://youtu.be/XsFR8DbSRQE)

What if you convince the American people to send troops to Syria …I mean don’t you remember the graphic photos of dead Syrians supposedly gassed by Assad . American balked at sending troop as stories of staged photos made their rounds .

Lindsey Graham of SC said if we don’t send troop they will NUKE CHARLESTON !! (http://www.fitsnews.com/…/lindsey-graham-attack-syria-or-i…/)

And then there’s this ….BILLIONS of rounds of ammo purchased by government agencies …from the POST OFFICE to the Social Security Administration .

So …back to ole Occum …

While American is being duped in to sending it’s best and brightest to fight in Syria . Probably with the MOST RESTRICTIVE ROE’s ever !!

OBAMA is importing his BROWN SHIRT JIHADS….and YOU are going to not only pay for their food , clothing and shelter …BUT you already paid for the ammo stores they will find and use to kill the infidel !! that’s you and your kids !! can you say DRY RUN ? (https://pjmedia.com/blog/iraqi-refugee-arrested-for-bombing-arizona-social-security-office-with-ied-media-silence-ensues )

How do you take down America ? EASY …have them kill each other …you take down the power grid with AK-47s …fast and furious

(http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/06/2013-sniper-attack-on-power-grid-still-concern-in-washington-and-for-utilities.html)

then it’s RED DAWN
    Obama open mic slip: ‘After my election I have more flexibility’
    On Monday while President Obama was taking part in a global nuclear security summit in South Korea, he was caught on tape asking for Russian…
    youtube.com

• lou says:

why all the angst?……come on people….we knew what we knew before the pigskin was elected in 2008….we knew it would eventually come to this…..no need for surprise now….I’m sure there’s plenty of treepers and freepers etc who voted the pigskin in, by direct voting or default……its done sadly….its done…now we just have to protect our children and their children the best we can….

34. nimrodman says:

Oh, boy – here’s a 3-ring Sharia circus. How’s that assimilation coming along?

“… they refused to tell journalists whether or not the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had made enquiries about other members of the congregation.

“Journalists posed the question over half a dozen times, to three different spokesmen from the organisation. The reply that kept coming, in different forms, was “no comment”.

“So, you guys are our guests,” one speaker said. “And if we have no comment, you cannot force us to have a comment”.

“Later, they asked that further media requests were handled by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).”

EXCLUSIVE – Terror Mosque Imams: ‘No Comment’ On FBI Investigating MORE Muslim Attendees, Refuse To Talk Islamic Caliphate

• Rebel Mope says:

“The Dar Al Uloom Al Islamiyah of America mosque … held a press conference today during which it asked female reporters to enter a separate door from, and stand separately to the men in the room.”
      What if a reporter ‘identified’ as the opposite gender? Oh, Gawd. I am getting as nutty as the administration.

• lou says:

if the men reporters were truly men they would refuse to go in their own door….but then again, most reporters are liberals and we know they are light in the cahones….

35. nimrodman says:

Ben’s got the right idea:

Carson: If CA Attacker Passed Vetting, It ‘Should End the Conversation’ About Refugees

36. Totally Domestic says:

Ziggii theory alert!!!!!

L. A. Times
    “Authorities now believe Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik were inspired by
    militant appeals on the Internet to attack a holiday party.”

So, they wanted to win the prize of being the first to attack and film a CHRISTmas party.

Here is the article that has the quote.

37. Stinky-Inky says:

Everyone criticized the FBI for not calling it terrorism right away. But maybe that was done on purpose by the local FBI guy and Comey. Once it’s called terrorism, the FBI takes over this investigation, and the results of that investigation get passed up the chain of command. If local LEO are conducting the investigation, the local FBI guy has to brief his higher ups, but perhaps the evidentiary chain of custody stays local (just a thought, don’t really know). And they can glean a lot before some one higher up orders them to go in a different direction.

38. Rebel Mope says:

This might be something. Article dated 10/10/15
    “REDLANDS >> Some members of Redlands Townhall and the Redlands Tea Party Patriots have called on city officials to keep Syrian and African refugees from resettling here.

They asked City Council members Tuesday what their plan will be if the city is asked to resettle some of the 85,000 refugees expected to come to the United States in 2016.”

“Our biggest concern is the safety of our family, our children and our grandchildren,” Victoria Hargrave of Redlands Townhall said the council on Tuesday.

“The Obama administration would like to bring in 85,000 Syrian refugees into our country in the calendar year that just started on Oct. 1 and they have admitted that they have no database or source of information with which to vet these refugees,” she said. “There are primarily Sunni Muslims. Al-Qaida are Sunni Muslims whose culture and ideology are completely contrary to our Constitution.”

39. DeWalt says:

Just my opinion, I think everyone is missing the point we are being taunted by this administration. First. Why are all these guns being used turning out to be stolen Fed guns?
    In many years of L.E. I can’t recall one stollen weapon from this agency. Could happen, yes,but it’s a odd pattern.
    Second. To me, Loretta’s threats are alot like ” Please don’t throw me in that Brier patch”.
    I won’t finish, but folks can carry this theory to it’s logical conclusion.

40. Ziiggii says:

Minnesota Somali refugee terrorist connected to San Bernardino slaughter?
    Fox News was just reporting a few minutes ago (about 9:30 a.m.) that this man (we told you about him before, here) may be linked to the Farook family killers.  I’m doing something else right now, but when more news is available, we will update this. No surprise for all of you following the Somali […]
    Minnesota, Somali terrorists

• zadatn says:

I believe this goes back to an Osama bin laden group organized in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. I just read an article, sorry don’t have the link, that said Russia warned us again that they were planning an attack in the U.S.

Also, Donald Trump doesn’t believe the mother. From the Daily Caller, “Rafia Farook, the mother of San Bernardino terrorist Syed Rizwan Farook, is an active member of the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), a Muslim organization that promotes the establishment of a caliphate and has ties to a radical Pakistani political group called Jamaat-e-Islami.” http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/05/shooters-mother-active-in-us-branch-of-pro-caliphate-islamic-group/#ixzz3tYijDilJ

• Doodahdaze says:

That is just a peaceful muslim Gardening Club I bet. They meet and share recipe’s, have Tupperware Parties and trade gardening tips. Island is the religion of peace. Obama say so.

• Doodahdaze says:

How did the FBI miss that? Or were they called off the trail?

• Doodahdaze says:

FBI is lying? Oh well.

The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) is preaching a global Caliphate and Islamic Shari’a law over America to its members,
        As the hand book spells out, the organization’s ultimate goal is “the Establishment of Islam” as the sole basis of global society and governance. It also encourages members to deceive people in its proselytizing campaign to help fulfill this goal. This aim is one that ICNA has been actively pursuing as the group has set its sights on America’s constitutional separation of religion and state.
        It’s not the first example of radicalism by one of America’s largest Muslim organizations. ICNA’s magazine has featured interviews with terrorist leaders in Pakistan, called on youth to fight abroad in Kashmir, and honored like-minded extremist organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood

• Doodahdaze says:

Here is Muzz Grannys Handbook. Lots of gems inside. Trump nails it again.

• Doodahdaze says:

In the handbook selective readings is this little gem.
            The Methodology of educating according to the Muslim Brotherhood by S. Maududi
            Some observers compare his ideology and theology to Nationalism blended with Islamic Fundamentalism, in many ways in opposition to the teachings of the Fiqh against Nationalism. Mawdudi’s aim was not to build a non-existent state, but seize power from a well-established state structure and replace them with Sharia law controlled Islamic states. His methods have been compared to that of Benito Mussolini’s Fascist movement in Italy.[5]

• zadatn says:

Just before the shootings in CA, seems the Red Mosque’s cleric was preaching sharia law again. Seems to. E real hotbed there.m the India Times in the blog section has an article about this region of Pakistan. Remember that Islamabad is where Osama bin Laden had allegedly been hiding out.

Then they are also tied to the Somilian terrorists. It’s like putting a giant puzzle together.

• Doodahdaze says:

Oh No. A Black Pan….I mean Muslim.

• Mr.Right says:

One third, about 1 million muslim in America are black.
        boko hamam is part of the islamic state in Africa. So black isis fighters in the US might be more common then we think.

I wonder how many of the 900 ISIS fighter/facilitators in the US are black ?

The Asian islamic movement (Not just India, but indonesia) is also very present in the US, also radicalized in following the teaching of mohamed.

Those muslim are also insanely violent killers.

41. Doodahdaze says:

I think I spotted him. CNN gave him his own sunday show.

42. Ziiggii says:

San Bernardino UPDATE as of 06 DEC 15- More Terror Links
    There’s been a lot more information that our staff has been obtaining as well as foreign media. Wouldn’t it be nice if the American MSM did their jobs for once instead of defend the Obama administration every chance they get? In our articles “The Flames of War”

CAUTION: there is a pic in article of Farook’s head um, “blown open”! But what is missing other than part of his forehead is a beard.

• Doodahdaze says:

Love that photo! More links to follow right in to the White Mosque and our Muslim President. I now am convinced Obama is Muzz all the way. Emergency Impeachment should occur but will not. Get ready for the big lies tonight.

• Ziiggii says:

It is a well documented article chock full of links to supporting documentation. They seem not so keen on the FBI/DHS being the good guys. But, between their research and what we have in the Treehouse a pretty good picture of the event emerges.

1) This is ISIS
        2) This is true Islamic terrorism not pc domestic terrorism or workplace violence
        3) They did not act alone (there is a cell)
        4) The Feds knew something

• Doodahdaze says:

Feds know it all. If we can connect the White House to the terrorists so easy, a half hour research and following the trail, they have it all and are covering it up. This coverup makes watergate look like jaywalking or illegal walking on the grass.

• marierogers says:

just saw that pic of the evil devil and was going to post that it should be shown all over the MSM..then i saw that u doodahdaze, beat me to it
        would dare the nypost or daily news, hey lets add the ny times to put it on front page!
        too bad he bitch’s picture shows her lying on her chest!
        i forgot..hope he’s enjoying sex with the 72 virgins!!!

• Yeah, that’s the best shot of Syed that I’ve seen so far.

• Sandra says:

After seeing the Boston carnage, I was happy to see the photo of speedbump Tsarnaev, and now I’m happy to see the photo of partially-degloved Farook. The one open eye is a nice touch.

43. Doodahdaze says:

Ka Ching! I knew it…I knew I could connect the dots from the terrorists in California to the white house. Here ya go folks.

Muzz Granny+ICNA+Dalia Mogahed+CAIR+Barak Hussein Obama

Dalia Mogahed

Dalia MogahedDalia Mogahed is President and CEO of Mogahed Consulting, a Washington, D.C.-based executive coaching and consulting firm specializing in Muslim societies and the Middle East. Mogahed is former Executive Director of the Gallup Center for Muslim Studies, a non-partisan research center. She was selected as an advisor by U.S. President Barack Obama on the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.

Muslim Brotherhood Speakers at 40th ICNA-MAS Convention

Dalia Mogahed – Formerly a Faith Advisor to US President Obama , The IPT notes that she is “a tenacious defender of groups like the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).” We reported on her scheduled June 2015 video appearance at the MSA National Retreat.

We have A Muzz Bro President

44. Justice_099 says:

An interesting discussion on Breitbart that I got involved in. The article was about the PC climate preventing the neighbor from reporting the suspicious activity. Another member asked “What could he have reported? That several muslim men were coming in and out of the garage of a man that liked to work on classic cars?”

And a little bit more of the slight-of-hand by the media came to light.

There were no classic cars shown in the driveway or garage of that house. But the media essentially painted a picture that caused people to make that connection. One that didn’t even exist.

45. cheekymeeky says:

I reviewed and compiled posts that several people made while listening to the scanner as events unfolded and found one hell of a coincidence in the jumble. I wonder if the man jumped into a Toyota with plate numbers 7HIRT55.

12:56 PM
    Black SUV seen at vacant restaurant

01:05 PM
    Call about black suv with all doors open. Possibly jumped in another car.

01:05 PM
    Black Mercedes suv empty now, man seen getting into Toyota.

Jumping to a few minutes after the shoot out with the terrorists:

03:37 PM
    Scanner: One outstanding suspect still at large.

03:43 PM
    just heard “female arabic” on police scanner

03:43 PM
    Scanner: Description of the one outstanding suspect: Female, Arabic, Toyota 7HIRT55

• Justice_099 says:

That sounds like a custom plate, doesn’t it? I am not sure the scheme in CA, but here all plates begin with letters unless it is custom.

• cheekymeeky says:

I just listened to it myself and this is exactly what was said:

Officer: For the 197 at Amazon can you give a description of the one that is outstanding.

Dispatcher: Any unit with a current description of the one outstanding suspect advise.

Other unit responds: Northbound Tennessee from Redlands I’m getting more on the plate, female occupants, 7hir555 or htr555, female Arabic, 2015 Toyota Corona.

Possible his mother and sister.

46. zadatn says:

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ruminations/how-the-pakistani-infiltrated-the-american-homeland/ Here’s the blog I was referring to in a recent comment. It gives lots of information about the shooters and other important information.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1954.htm This link says the Russians warned us about this new bin laden groupies/jihadists.

47. Les says:

They have pics of Marquez in the Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

I’m not going to make commentary on his looks, but he doesn’t seem the jihad type. Was he the third shooter? Is there an unidentified third shooter still out there? Unless this guy shaved his head and grew a beard, it isn’t him. He bought the guns, but if he was a shooter I’ll be surprised.

• rumpole2 says:

“Knock, knock, knock… Come right in….. You’re the people from the loony bin! “

• rumpole2 says:

Safe to assume he is not the “Brains” behind the operation

• Les says:

He appears to be a dupe. If he is as liberal as he looks, he knows he shares responsibility for the deaths of 14 and the painful injuries to 21 more. That is ton of bricks to come down on a man-child who still lives at home.

I think many of us end up caring for our parents or living with them to keep an eye on them later in life, but most of us have flown the coop to live a little first. I’m pretty sure bringing a girl (I’m not judging, I saw the pics, haha) home from a bar is awkward when your dad is sitting in the living room in his underwear.

• rumpole2 says:

He looks to me to be “The Keymaster”
          Tashfeen = Zuul

• TheLastDemocrat says:

yes, Filipino, with Spanish surname as is common for Filipinos.

48. Sandra says:

The issue of money has popped up in the media reports. And for good reason …. how did Syed Farook buy so many weapons and bomb parts on his salary, considering that he was also supporting his jihadi bride and retired mother and new baby?

Also, I’m not convinced that Tashfeen was the one who “radicalized” Syed. Reports I read said that his initial ads seeking a girlfriend said he was open to other religions, but then closed it down to just Islam and then sought out a foreigner. She could barely speak any English, he was obviously pursuing someone who was into practicing Islam in the most extreme manner. Maybe the dude is a misogyinst and/or sadist. She wasn’t wearing a burka for her photo yet she had to wear one here in the US. It must have been a miserable existence for her here, perhaps by her own choice but my gut tells me Syed was a tyrant to his wife, and it was possibly HE who convinced her that they had some insane higher calling. And the other reason I think he was driving it: his choice of target. That was personal, to HIM. He could have wiped out people in a shopping center, large store, some kind of large anonymous gathering (a la Tsarnaevs), … no, he chose a party attended by his co-workers. Definitely JV (no insult intended to the many victims and grieving loved ones), Syed was overly emotional and in too big of a hurry to properly construct a more effective plan. ISIS would not have instructed them to do this, but will congratulate them afterward anyway because they like to make it look like they are involved in every terror attack. (I’m still not convinced ISIS had anything to do with the Metrojet crash, they couldn’t provide any details until AFTER Russia explained what happened.)

• BobNoxious says:

It’s pretty easy for almost anyone w/ a regular salary over $35-40k per year to obtain at least $10-15k in credit total b/w 3-4 credit cards. That would cover expenses, IMO.

• John Hall says:

Can’t recall which one, but one of the reporters going through the condo held up a bank account balance for Syed for over $60K. There were also a few Western Union transfer receipts the FBI left behind.

• Sandra says:

I remember seeing someone hold up a Chase statement on the CNN tour of the apartment. I had my video window minimized and didn’t bother to freeze and see if I could see any discernible info. I will look again.

• Sandra says:

I think it was MSNBC and I can not find the video, maybe they took it down, but here’s some other reporter and he actually says the Chase thing is a check for $7.xx.

More interesting, on the first floor laid out nicely are sheets stating what the FBI seized. They leave that behind as part of their protocol? The reporter reads some of the entries and mentions a Union Bank statement.

49. Brendan says:

If Syed was an American citizen with a clean record, why did he need a straw purchaser for the long rifles?

• Justice_099 says:

One of the best questions so far. But perhaps he expected to live longer to do more attacks and it would have kept the trail off him a little longer.

• Billie says:

There seems to be evidence that the firearms had been illegally modified. California prohibits semi automatic firearms with detachable box magazines, and apparently at least one had been modified to take standard capacity detachable magazines. It also appears that at least one was modified for full automatic. Perhaps Syed was unable to make those modifications and purchased them from an individual that had made the modifications.

• John Hall says:

My guess is paranoia; didn’t want to draw potential attention.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

To have a less traceable trail, he may have asked the neighbor to buy those weapons.

He may have said, “Hey, look, I had a traffic ticket two years ago and I failed to show up in court two months later. I paid the fine, but now I am not able to buy a firearm. Could you set up an acct at Buds so I can get a handgun? My wife doesn’t feel safe and she demands I get a gun – they are very common in her home land. There is $20 in it for ya.”

• Sandra says:

Maybe he didn’t have enough money to purchase them? So he was just borrowing them?

50. rel says:

San Bernardino Rec#1: https://clyp.it/uvgvdh0d
    San Bernardino Rec#2: https://clyp.it/cnz2x2zr
    San Bernardino Rec#3: https://clyp.it/rjrmcnkf
    San Bernardino Rec#4: https://clyp.it/gc4xqpvl
    San Bernardino Rec#5: https://clyp.it/xepp4qtk
    San Bernardino Rec#6: https://clyp.it/brwscv3k
    San Bernardino Rec#7: https://clyp.it/uu3afrfc < “I’m hearing that all four are detained is that true?”
    San Bernardino Rec#8: https://clyp.it/ptm1bj3w