In a rather typical presentation of pouty-faced Jeb Bush today he declared this competition thing is just too much, too much.  In essence saying he didn’t get into this race because he was actually expected to do any work or anything.  Look, if you’re not just going to hand it to me, well, to heck with all y’all – go on and elect Trump.

(Via New York Times) A day after his campaign slashed staff and salaries to retrench ahead of the Iowa caucuses, Jeb Bush decried the toxic tone of the presidential race and suggesting that “demonizing” people isn’t what he signed up for in this campaign.

Mr. Bush made the remarks at a town hall in South Carolina, where, according to a report by CNN, he seemed fired up about taking on the person who has overshadowed him during the campaign, Donald J. Trump, who is leading most Republican polls so far.

“If this election is about how we’re going to fight to get nothing done, I don’t want any part of it. I don’t want to be elected president to sit around and see gridlock just become so dominant that people literally are in decline in their lives. That is not my motivation.

“I’ve got a lot of really cool things I could do other than sit around, being miserable, listening to people demonize me and me feeling compelled to demonize them. That is a joke. Elect Trump if you want that.”

nh 14 - jeb help

Remember “Thanks Matt” ? See below:

This entry was posted in Election 2016, Jeb Bush, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

249 Responses to Pearl Clutching Jeb Bush Declares This Campaigning Stuff Is Just Too Hard “I’ve Got Better Things I Could Be Doing”…

1. jackphatz says:

What is his point? Trump would have nothing to do with “gridlock”,he is not in Congress. Did he not encounter gridlock as governor? How about you fight TO get things done.

See, this statement is very telling here. This show’s he’s really not all that into the gig ( I really don’t think he wants the job). It appears he’s going along like everyone is saying, because he wasn’t supposed to have to work at it. He also shows a real weakness that points out his lack of willingness to work with people, R’s & D’s, for the best solution. Sometimes that takes months. The fact Obama had no skills at this is why he was given a pass, but a Republican, snapping his fingers, demanding, not gonna happen. He too will not raise the seas…damn if I don’t hate politicians when they talk like that, he too will keep us in that “decline”. His statement here needs to hammered as his latent inability to want to see policy/programs initiated then the follow through.

It appears it’s time for Jeb to take his little red wagon and go home.

• jello333 says:

Trump could, and likely will, encounter plenty of “gridlock” if he becomes president. ANY president would, up to a point. And maybe NO president can fully fix that. But if anyone CAN, it seems to me it’s gonna have to be a guy like Trump… if HE can’t solve some of the “gridlock” problems, nobody can, at least no current, living politician.

• jackphatz says:

He had more of an opportunity to work in that type of an environment. Trump knows how to “play well with others”, Jeb doesn’t appear to even want to.

• stringy theory says:

Not all gridlock is a bad thing, especially if it stops the march of the globalist COC and their agenda. I think President Trump will stiffen the backgones of many who were elected to congress as conservatives but turned coat when faced with the pressures there.

• mossback says:

Trump has the innate ability to fire up the people electoric who in turn can FIRE those in congress within two years who are part of the gridlock……………it will take time, but he can clean up everything by the start of his second term……………ie: 1st 4 years will be house cleaning along with his promises.

• Ono says:

In the house of representatives continue with their business as usual (gridlock) policy, Trump will call them out and two years down the road they are gone. Fired! Senators up for election in the next cycle as well. When Regan was president the air traffic controllers union went on strike threatening to bring air travel to a stop. Regan fired them and brought in Military controllers to avoid problems, and guess what? Anyone who got a wild idea about bring America to it’s knees waited until he left office.

Also of worthy note: Regan’s election prompted the Ayatollah to release hostages ( that Carter failed to rescue) before Regan had a chance to take action. One bomb on Gadhafi’s Mansion was all it took to keep him out of the picture for over twenty years. Anyone remember what became of Manuel Noriega (bye bye)?

We need a president that is a powerful figure. Yeb…go do something that is cool…Stand on your own two feet!

• jello333 says:

I’m all in for Trump, and I think he’ll (eventually) do amazing things. But I’m sure not wanting another Reagan. I’ve given my opinions about the guy here many times, so I’ll not go into it again. I felt really sorry for him and Nancy and the whole family when he started getting sick… but while he was president? Nope, NOT a fan, quite the opposite. Anyway no, I don’t see Donald as the second-coming of a person like Reagan…

• Doodahdaze says:

Continuing FOX Newz coverage of the Jeb Bush surge.

• djmarcone says:

personally I’d rather have gridlock than a free flowing stream of one party’s desires and agenda. People have been calling gridlock what could be referred to as debate and deliberation in a defined process.

I’d hate to think what this country would be like if there hadn’t been gridlock the last 5 years or so.

JEB (that’s not his name you know that’s his initials) seems to be getting pissed and exasperated, he might well be out of it before some of the 0%ers if that’s where he’s at now.

• truthandjustice says:

Don’t miss the post about how his daddy is really shocked how the anti-establishment people are rejecting him……

• jackphatz says:

Right!!! Had it not been for Reagan we would never have voted for #41 in the first place ( I didn’t vote for him either time, NWO sounded scary to me). GWB came around at the right time. The anti-Clinton who showed respect for others. Jeb doesn’t even know why he’s doing this and it shows. The “establishment” is very hate filled currently, they sound like the Democrats. What’s not to dislike about Jeb! He represents this group.

• TwoLaine says:

He has no point. He doesn’t need one. Don’t you know? He’s a Bush!

“It is, because I said so.”

Regardless, his little display is MUSIC to my ears, and many others across the USA. That was his concession speech, and here’s everyone’s reaction:.

ONLY ONE substitution needed in the lyrics:

“Summer’s here, and the time is right” = “TRUMP is here, and the time is right”

• Clarice Hair says:

The boob never looked like he wanted it in the first place. He acted like he was being PAID to run. It was a dirty job and he had to do it. He IS being paid to run. His paymasters just figured out he wasn’t worth the money. He doesn’t like demonization? He’s aiming his remarks at the wrong crowd. Were it not for the left’s demonization, his surname wouldn’t be the pile of crap it is today.

• Rurik says:

Jeb!, the Man Who Would Be King.
      Sorry Jeb!, we elect temporary chief executives here, not hereditary monarchs.

2. rodney says:

Sputtering fool. A true joke candidate.The only reason he got as far as he did was because of daddy and Rove along with FoxNews pushing a faux image of him. When the donors see him blubbering like some special needs kid, they’re gonna run, because the guy reeks of “loser”.

3. CoffeeBreak says:

I rub my hands in glee at his public displays of feeble mindedness. He’s lazy and in over his head. His lack of patience in simply keeping the big picture front and center is sickening. That and the lack of common courtesy towards his supporters to be a better steward of their donations. I detest the entire clan and spit in their general direction.

• TheTorch says:

What is so staggering is like with the Thanks Matt moment, you can tell that he really believed he was entitled to the nomination, that he didn’t have to do much if any work, that it was all preordained and he just needed to turn up. All the other GOPe candidates were told they were there to prop Jeb up and propel him to the nomination.

BUT The Donald decided to run, so the whole process was thrown into chaos. The game plan was all messed up. Then the water boy got ambitious.

The terrifying thing is though, if Donald Trump did not run, then Jeb would of been the nominee, no matter how useless he was.

The other beauty of Donald Trump running is that he exposed the whole game plan, the GOPe for what they are, Jeb Bush for what he is, the media for what they are, including all the pundits. It was a revelation, or rather a confirmation of what we all probably thought anyway.

• paulgilpin says:

+1000
        the sad part of it is, that yeb supporters will move to hillary, as they are ideological equals, and they will continue to CLAIM to be the only true conservatives in the race.

4. keebler ac says:

Childish. This is a president? He’s an entitlement clown no different from Barack who depended on his wife for distinguishing himself as a candidate. They both think being presidential is riding in Airforce One with hors d’oeuvres served up as labor. Trump already has his own 767, it’s not a big deal to him. Trump also negotiates tough.

What is Jeb going to do with Putin, stand on his tippy toes, demand an apology for his wife and threaten the little chihuaha will bite his ankle? (Snort)

• jello333 says:

I think Trump would treat Putin with respect, as an equal, but be as tough as he needed to be. And in return, I really believe Putin would respect Trump.

• truthandjustice says:

Yes, agree. I think Trump is right about Putin/Russia and we’ve been told another pack of lies about them after Reagan in order to keep the old “Cold War” mindset of evil Communist Russia wanting to take over the world……giving the Globalists justifications for more wars. We all need to research it and see the truths there also. I think Putin would respect Trump, and he could forge a good relationship with him, join forces and make a great blow to international terrorism.

• jello333 says:

Exactly. I think there are still a lot of “there’s a Red under my bed” types in powerful positions who want to revive the Cold War (and there are those on the other side probably doing the same about “Evil America”).

• texasgypsy53 says:

I would never trust Putin…once KGB,always KGB. This man is a bad hard a… Trump better study up on him,and understand what he’s going to be dealing with. I don’t think he thinks in “deal making,or negotiations.

• jackphatz says:

With Trump, they both can agree to disagree and be done. ISIS is a global problem. there may be times the two will have to work together. Iran, is just another can of crap to deal with.

• Rurik says:

once KGB, always KGB a phrase popularized by Yurii Bezmenov, who was himself a KGB agent before he defected to You Tube, years before the Soviet Union collapsed. You have the paradox of the Cretan liar. Maybe “Once Establishment, always Establishment”?

5. TheTorch says:

Oh dear this guy just gets worse and worse. You know it is funny, if you read the CNN write up it sounds like Jeb was electrifying the audience.

Watching the clip all I can say is, if that is Jebby fired up and taking it to Trump, well, clearly CNN must of been watching another candidate! 😀

Just embarrassing, really Jeb just call it a day, it’s over, it’s gone, your apprentice the water boy has got the donors, it’s not going to happen Jebby, I’m sure this is what mommy told you anyway.

• texasgypsy53 says:

I don’t think I have ever seen a grown man act like that. He looked and acted like a sulking 10 year old. Mom must have been crawling in a hole after watching that little tantrum. I bet he’s in trouble with her when he goes home for the family meeting. Mebbe ol GW can head him off in the driveway,and hide him til dad gets her calmed down..😩

6. lovely says:

Bush has an exit song 🙂

7. Millwright says:

All this makes me think this weekend’s “Texas Summit” With the Bush family is going to be more of a “Come To Jesus” moment than a strategic retrenchment planning session ! And after Jeb’s public outburst I expect Donahue and the “big money” will be switching horses !

8. dick Johnson says:

Jeb is right with what he’s saying, there is too much unnecessary bickering and back stabbing. We need someone like Daddy Donald to bring these antagonists to heel. Go Trump!

9. TexasRanger says:

Jeb Could Be Back Playing With His Favorite Band – Miami Alla en el Rancho Grande – Mariachi

Maybe Jeb Could Get A Gig at A Trump Hotel.!

Jeb’s Video Memories:

10. Tydurd65 says:

The wheels have officially come off the Jeb! bus.

Good riddance, Bush you POS.

Trump 2016!

11. boomerbabe says:

Jebby should have listened to his mama when she said:
    “I think it’s a great country. There are a lot of great families, and it’s not just four families or whatever. There are other people out there that are very qualified and we’ve had enough Bushes,”
    Mama always knows best!

12. yohio says:

Updated list if you have anymore reply
    My ode to Bluto and David Lettermen.
    List of the Cool better things jeb could be doing.
    1. Teaching English to the millions of illegals who might become citizens when ryno Ryan becomes speaker
    2. Reading the tortoise and the hare to school kids like G.W. only whining about how unfair it is that in his story the hare won.
    3. Making a remake of Uncle Buck with him in the starring role.
    4. Join a mariachi band.
    5. Tour guide for the great trump wall.
    6. Run for one of the vacant Mexican mayoral positions made available by a cartel assassination.
    7. Start an act of love ministry in Mexico.
    8.Having an eBay clearance sale on unsold Guacamole Bowls.
    9. Grow a mustache or one of those big duck dynasty beards.
    10. New campaign manager for Marco Rubio.
    11. Practice ripping open his shirt and yelling I’m Super Bush!
    12. More time to beat around the Bush.
    13. More time to smoke weed with with his liberal friends (but don’t tell mama).
    14 One word “POLO”
    15. Actually visit a beach in Flordia, try for a tan.
    16. Run as and independent wearing a Trump wig.
    17.Write concession Speeches for the up coming rino bloodbath.
    18. Tour all baseball parks to sing the National Anthem in Spanish.
    19. Train to win Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest, he thinks this is something he can win at.
    20. Baking, Can anyone say Little Jebbys.
    21. Lots of Meghan Kelly interviews.

• keebler ac says:

LOLLLLL! All my favs, particularly #2, 5, 7, 8,10, 15, 18, 19, 20 !

• joanfoster says:

Go to work in customs at an international airport inspecting Declaration forms of the wives of members of Congress who regularly shop overseas. Bring along his little Mexican muffin to help with the math.

• TheJesterLaughs says:

Sorry,

But No 3 Uncle Buck remake ??

Chris Christie is an absolute lock for that part. (Although the producers did ask him to lose a few pounds…).

Other than that great list!

13. keebler ac says:

Bush Sr was establishment and Reagan apparently detested the boring non-hombre. It must have been hell putting up with George Sr as VP. Thank you, Ronald, for all you did despite having your opponent in the near-by office. George Sr was quite the despicable GOPe primary contestant.

14. Sentient says:

I just read how Trump brought up Ben Carson’s religion and razzed him about it: “I’m Presbyterian. That’s down the middle of road,” he said. “I mean, Seventh-day Adventist I don’t know about.” Some people would say that’s dirty pool – and they may be right – but that’s the funniest damn thing I’ve read in a long time. Trump’s down to Carson in Iowa because of Evangelicals so he goes right at Carson’s religion! Lmfao. It’s like LBJ accusing his opponent of having a sister who was a thespian. Look, this thing is between Trump and Jeb. If it means getting downs drilling in the mud, so be it. Bush the Elder used Willie Horton. W accused McCain of having “fathered a black child”. Bubba Clinton threw Sista Souljah under the bus. Honestly, if you can’t fight a little dirty, you just aren’t even in the game.

• yohio says:

Exactly! Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who have the nice guy complex and won’t like this. Trump mean, not likeable says anything. If he builds the wall and can accomplish half of what he wants to do, I don’t care what he said or what he says wrong in the future.

• Actually if you know anything about 7th Day Adventist, they are not evangelicals in any way and not even considered orthodox in their Christian theology. The are almost as bad as Mormonism. In fact a number of really bad cults have come out of the 7th day Adventist, must notably the Branch Davidians, that were lead by David Koresh and got themselves all killed buy the U.S Government in Waco, Texas, in 1993. I have no desire to vote for a man whole doesn’t know he is in a questionable Christian Denomination. I had to hold my nose to vote for Romney and his Mormonism.

• Rosies Seeing Red says:

So, in other words, Trump sees Carson surging in Iowa because of his “evangelical” credentials and sets about letting Iowans know with one simple, controversial statement he knows will hit the headlines that Carson’s no evangelical, he’s a 7th Day Adventist. Non-evangelicals see this as “fighting dirty” because we don’t know a thing about the differences, when in actuality, the evangelicals are saying to themselves “wait, Carson’s a 7th Day Adventist????”

That Donald — he’s no dummy.

15. nightmare on k st says:

How about a Top 10 list of “Things Jeb Bush could be doing instead of running for President ” like Letterman did. Anyone want to start with one? ☺

16. TwoLaine says:

I guess Jeb!’s Electile Dysfunction is getting to him.

• stringy theory says:

Two Laine, you need to copyright the term “electile dysfunction.” It’s a great descriptor for yebbie and most of the other candidates.

• TwoLaine says:

Not mine. Compliments of the young turks, at least in this election cycle. It’s been used before. An oldie, but goodie and TRULY applies to Jeb!, who “earned it”! 😉

17. joshua says:

I would pay money to watch Jebbie and Oblamer do a national “foot stompoff contest” to show who is the uber footie stomping king of the nation…..would have to bet even money on that one….

18. LostPilgrim says:

Months and months ago, before announcing I believe, !jeb! told us, (us, who he and his father are berating now), that he was not needing the grassroots….. He was not going to listen to our demands.
    His father and his brother should have berated him then. And after all he should have listened to his mother in the first place. She knew right off as only a mother does.

19. stringy theory says:

Trump to yebbie: “You’re fired!” “And you can tell your mommy and daddy I said so.”

20. NYGuy54 says:

It’s funny. Carson responded to Trump’s low energy comment by saying that he’s operated on someone for 18 hours straight and that you need energy for that. The folks at Blaze loved his response but, to me, it misses the point entirely. Carson is a boring communicator. He doesn’t inspire anyone. Nice guy but not a leader. Trump should focus on his lack of leadership skills as a result of his quiet demeanor. Stay away from the religion.

And Bush?? Well he’s done. Those comments are way more revealing than I’m sure he wanted them to be.

• stringy theory says:

Yes, maybe low key is better than low energy. Re religion, wasn’t it Carson who said he wouldn’t vote for a mooslim? In a sense, Carson himself brought religion into the race. I think Trump’s one-liner letting people know Carson’s religion is all he needed to do.

• auscitizenmom says:

I don’t think it will hurt to point out to evangelicals that Carson is 7th Day Adventist.

• Patrick P says:

When Trump made the comment, all I could envision was Carson knocking on my door with a pamphlet and asking, “Have your heard about God?”

I always slam the door on that.

21. rhobin8301 says:

I’m so happy that we now have “permission” to vote for Trump! I was really worried about Jeb ‘ s opinion on that….sarc. Glad he gave his approval 🙂

22. gary lacey says:

My gawd, Bawl Baby Bush.

23. ron hyatt says:

If you can’t stand the heat, Jebito, vete a freir esparragos!

24. Doodahdaze says:

I just noticed. Was he trying to pose like Abe in that? It looks like he was set up to “channel” Abe Lincolns statute.

25. Big Jake says:

Note the subliminal message. ¡JEB! is sitting like Lincoln is behind him.

These people will stop at nothing, including tippy toes, to sucker us.

26. TwoLaine says: