“Shared Responsibility” Tax Bills Begin…

ObamaCare Tax 2

(Source)

Obamacare

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Obamacare, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

167 Responses to “Shared Responsibility” Tax Bills Begin…

1. Moroni Breitbart says:

Instructions:
    1. Drop draws
    2. Wipe with notice
    3. Mail back to IRS with hand written; “Go blank yourself”

• Chance says:

I’m not sure if this is legit or not…but it definitely warrants a thorough investigation by someone qualified to research legal statutes:

42 U.S. CODE § 18115 – FREEDOM NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN FEDERAL HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAMS

No individual, company, business, nonprofit entity, or health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage shall be required to participate in any Federal health insurance program created under this Act (or any amendments made by this Act), or in any Federal health insurance program expanded by this Act (or any such amendments), and there shall be no penalty or fine imposed upon any such issuer for choosing not to participate in such programs.

Source (Pub. L. 111–148, title I, § 1555,Mar. 23, 2010, 124 Stat. 260.)
      References in Text This Act, referred to in text, is Pub. L. 111–148, Mar. 23, 2010, 124 Stat. 119, known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 18001 of this title and Tables.

• sixmax11 says:

there shall be no fine or penalty, but didn’t the supreme court ruling state that it really was a tax? could be splitting hairs but the feds excel at hair splitting.

• Chance says:

“NO INDIVIDUAL…shall be required to participate in any Federal health insurance program created under this Act (or any amendments made by this Act), or in any Federal health insurance program expanded by this Act (or any such amendments)…”

If we don’t have to participate, there can be no cost incurred regardless of what you call it!

• czarowniczy says:

Ex-acctly. There are also any number of Federal (state and local too) laws that trip over one another. It takes someone with $$$$$ and a lot of spare time to fight the issue in court and neither party with an interest will let it lapse into the other’s favor without appealing upward and paying a lot of lawyers’ mortgage payments. Even the it can be redefined and it’s back to square one. Far too much $$$$ at stake all the way around here.
          I’m starting to tilt towards Obamacare having an alternate purpose of bringing the doctor lobby over to the RAT side. To force everyone to have health insurance even if it causes them to suffer in other financial areas has one major benefit – docs and hospitals get paid. The Feds aren’t even monitoring the insurance premiums – even the Feds’ premiums have taken a huge hike this year so the usual ‘check’s in the mail’ lie they’ve been fronting to try and make the whole thing a wee bit easier to swallow’s BS – SURPRISE!!!!!!!
          The profitability of those ‘doctor owned’/corporate hospitals and clinics has shot up since Obamacare was passed, the community hospitals are taking it in the shorts. The community hospitals aren’t exactly going broke but their profit statements aren’t reading anywhere near what those of the for-profit ones are.
          Once the hurrah over the Obamacare’s worn down I’m betting the next step’s going to be rationing of healthcare with a penalty for those suffering what the Feds will claim to be -self-inflicted lifestyle/personal choice’ condition. We need to have more resources available for the Medicaid crowd being introduced and it’s easier/cheaper to just limit and/or penalize access for those whose conditions are a ‘choice’. Watch the rhetoric start to ramp up for penalizing folks who have ‘lifestyle choice’ conditions like heart disease, diabetes, lung cancer, etc. Not HIV though, that’s still a progressive stigmata.

• That section only refers to those entities that issue health care policies (i.e., the insurance provider, not the insured person). In essence, it just states that just because someone issues health care policies, they’re not required to do so under Obamacare.

• Sherry says:

No individual … offering group or individual health insurance…. This means the insurer does not have to participate.

2. Ursula says:

OH boy. I just got done with that very form today.

• PatriotKate says:

It is my understanding that they have no collections mechanism for this. Oh sure, they can send you a notice, but they have no law backing them up that allows them to chase after you if it’s not paid. That was my understanding and worth checking out to be certain.

• stella says:

Just be sure you don’t have a refund coming to you. They’ll take it.

• PatriotKate says:

Right, meant to add that as long as you don’t have a refund coming. If you are self-employed, you can make sure you only pay your regular taxes and not pay this. Worth asking an accountant about it. I know that a person I know did not have insurance one of those years and, because the person did not earn enough, it was waived.

• facebkwallflower says:

The thing is they now have it rigged so it is very difficult to plan your w-4’s to insure you owe nothing or a wee bit. It is designed to have that amount taken out so they get to deduct your “refund”. At least that is what it appears to be for those working in out family.

• Steve in Greensboro says:

Bump up your exemptions. Do an estimate in one one of the free online sorrow are packages and adjust the exemptions via revisions to your W4 to leave your owing a little. (We should all do that anyway. No reason to make leviathan an interest free loan.)

• Steve in Greensboro says:

Software not “sorrow are”. Darn autocorrect.

• squid2112 says:

Fortunately for me, and I suggest anyone in the same position do the same, but I get a bonus paid out after the 1st of the year. I bump up my exceptions really high on my W4 so as to take about the least possible amount out of my paycheck as possible and then when my bonus is paid I bank it until I do my taxes, and then use my bonus money to pay any taxes owing. I will NEVER give the government an interest free loan!! .. NOT EVER!

• Sharon says:

If that is the case at the moment, they will be preparing collection mechanisms. There’s no way they will allow this cash cow to be unmilked.

• squid2112 says:

Why do you think they have purchased thousands of guns and billions of rounds of ammunition?

• Sharon says:

What’s the connection to this subject? Do you think they will be coming to the doors of people who owe this “shared responsibility” and shoot them? I don’t see the connection with this discussion, unless you’re just eager to take off in another direction with the thread.

• paulgilpin says:

i read/heard the same thing. slightly differently from your comment. all they can do is chase after you. they can’t catch you. they can send letter after letter, etc., but have no enforcement mechanism. i too hope someone follows up on this.

the seventh paragraph here:

states:

However, the agency is unable to use enforcement tools such as liens to collect the mandate penalty.

going to look some more……

• paulgilpin says:

this site the 10, 11, 12 paragraphs may help:

Finally, there is the issue of whether the IRS can collect the tax if someone refuses to either buy insurance or pay the fine. The ACA says the IRS should enforce the law by imposing a tax penalty—but then effectively blocks the agency from using most of the tools it normally uses to go after tax scofflaws.

The ACA bars the IRS from bringing a criminal enforcement case against someone who refuses to pay the non-insurance penalty. And it makes it very difficult, if not impossible, for it to enforce a tax lien. Law professors Jordan Barry and Bryan Camp have a nice piece in Tax Notes explaining it all.

That leaves only one tool—the IRS can subtract the penalty from any refund it owes a taxpayer. But that applies only if the IRS happens to owe somebody a refund. These days, two-thirds of taxpayers get one, but it is usually their choice.

Only low-income households who receive refundable credits, such as the Earned Income Credit, always get refunds. But the ACA specifically exempts most of them from the tax because their income is so low.

• Kate, while you might be right with this I can see a boon coming to the same collection companies that pursue student loan payment delinquents. Trust me, one really does NOT want to get on one of their lists.

While DOE has options for those who cannot afford to repay, I’m not sure the IRS will be so kind.

• PatriotKate says:

Well, since I have not personally dealt with this, it does appear from the above they have no legislation behind them to collect it. What the IRS will try to do is get a person to acknowledge that they are, in fact, responsible for it. Once they do that, they will go after people with a vengeance to collect. The key is deny any liability for the payment. I don’t know how they could or would job out the collections on this to outside sources. After all, the IRS is the most brutal collection agency on the planet.

The entire income tax scheme has been operating illegally for nearly 100 years. The 16th Amendment was never properly and fully ratified and a subsequent Supreme Court ruled income tax unconstitutional. So, what did the government do? Never told anyone that and kept acting like we must pay income taxes. Have you ever noticed government bureaucrats and legislatures say we “voluntarily” pay taxes? They set up a system that deceives you into “volunteering” even though you didn’t (W-4 forms, etc. all trap you into it). Unfortunately, trying to fend off this totally unlawful “voluntary” system is nearly impossible because most tax cases go before a judge or the idiots on a jury like all of us have been brainwashed into believing it’s our duty, yet it’s a gigantic scam!

• I believe you are correct about the scam aspect of income taxes (not unlike the Federal Reserve Bank being illegal), but anyone who is going down that path of denying responsibility needs to be aware that county clerks are currently being invited to state seminars that include breakout sections dealing with the Sovereign Citizen movement and security in “your” county. Several Federal organizations have already put out bulletins regarding the Sovereign Citizen movement members filing “bogus” claims through the County Clerk’s offices.

I’m pretty sure when the SHTF, denying any liability for the payment, like having a Rule of Law, won’t be worth a lot or go a long way to protect the IRS’s new batch of victims.
            It’s a whole new world. Without the Constitutional protections we deserve to be able to count on.

3. Dee says:

Not to sound harsh or insensitive, but elections have consequences. Sadly the ones who thought were to receive more benefits in voting this president in i.e.: gas in their car, mortgages paid, free phones, etc. are the most affected! So sad.

We need Trump 2016!

4. Emile Antoon Khadaji says:

I thought they couldn’t bill you, it had to come out of tax overpayment?

• lovemyAmerica says:

me too! We fall into the same category. We make too much to qualify for Obamacare (don’t want it anyway, my docs don’t take it…breast cancer) but insurance through my husband’ s employer is $ 800 a month with a $ 10,000 deductible each!…ya riiiiight. So we are self pay and get huge discounts because we pay cash. An MRI with insurance is $1750…I pay $350. Ditto for everything else. Splain THAT Lucy!

• Kotcha301 says:

We need Trump Now! I wish we could vote for him today!

• Jett Black says:

The extra $1400 is the “red tape and stupid tax.” We had a similar experience when our first child was conceived between policies–pre-existing condition. Got on an installment, advance payment plan, paid 1/3 what it would have cost insurance and we still would’ve paid a sizeable deductible. “Single payer” should mean each person pays his/her/its own way!

• JAS says:

That’s is just horrible. But you are not alone. I’m self employed so I pay for all of it. Two adults, two kids, $2,200 every two months, $5,000 deductible each!

Please look into an HSA (Health Savings Account). Everyone should have one these days. I can contribute $6000 a year to it – tax free (off income before taxes). They issue credit (really debit) cards to each member and everything not covered because of the deductible comes out of the card.

At least it’s something…..

• Mike says:

Obamacare insurance “Bronze plans” in some places are over $1000 per month with rotten (non)coverage.

Many people we know have paid over $50,000 per month for metastatic colorectal cancer, and died in a year or two, miserably. With cheap foreign drugs not approved for cancer in the US, we pay under $500 per month and get much better results, despite all the very bad, hard indicators.

The FDA is a huge part of the cost problem.

• lovemyAmerica says:

yes…if I had needed chemo OMG I cant even imagine what the bill would be. Probably be stage 4 right now. My hospital bill was $48000 for a 23 hour stay. I had a double mastectomy. Just INSANE. Was at a great hospital…not for profit, Christian based. They reduced the bill to $12,900 and then to $100. yes!! $100 buckaroos. We didn’t ask for any special favors….the hospital did all that on their own…I thank God for that everyday. But I always the original charge…….$48000 for 23 hours…ack!

• Jaxvillekid says:

My prayers to all who struggle with cancer. Ive lost my best friend , Grandmother and now my cousin has stop his chemo for colon cancer. It makes me so mad what obamacare has done to healthcare. It is enough of a struggle dealing with the disease by itself. Shame on all those politicians for what they did.

• czarowniczy says:

The FDA is THE problem. Go back to 1992 and the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA): http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/UserFees/PrescriptionDrugUserFee/ucm119184.htm
        The FDA is authorized to collect what now amounts to over $500-million in fees (there are those pesky ‘fees’ again) from big pharma a year to expedite the testing and release of new drugs. Deal was that in ’92 pharma was getting backed-up with the FDA taking so long to test and approve new drugs and each new drug was (’92 $$s) costing pharma about $10-$20 million a month in profits. Suddenly there’s a wash of drugs flooding out of the FDA, the FDA supervisory staff’s increased exponentially with raises all around and tort lawyers are making a fortune on damage suits.
        Many European pharma products that aren’t available here are not as the FDA and pharma won’t bring them to the table. Major drug companies in Europe have huge businesses here and could easily get drugs they sell in Europe (drugs fully tested by the various European versions of the FDA) on a FDA fast-track but the US is the economic engine that drives worldwide pharma. Profits from drugs sold here cut the pain to pharma of cost-limiting measures on drug prices in places like Europe and Canada.
        I had a doc trying to push me from metformin, at about 5-cents a pill, to a new pharma drug that was a whole helluva lot more even though the metformin was working fine. Main reason was that metformin was an ‘old’ drug and this one was a ‘new whizzbang’ drug. Wasn’t but some months later when the whizbang drug was withdrawn and the late night TV lawyers were advertising damage suits against the manufacturer. Ditto with herbal/supplemental items for my diabetes, they are controlled and prescribed in Europe by MDs but I’ll be damned if I can even get a US MD to discuss them with me. Found a European one though…
        Our pharma industry controls the treatment plans here like they can’t in Europe. We cover that pharma profit loss for the drugs others get elsewhere for a fraction of what we pay and are pushed into new drugs at exorbitant prices that generally don’t work any better than the old ones.
        BTW, the Federal site that posted doctor’s earnings from pharma companies (free meals, trips, speakers’ fees, research grants, etc) has been taken down by the Feds (after a storm of doctor/pharma complaints) for technical reasons. Don’t expect it back any time soon. yes there’s a new law that requires doctors/pharma to report perqs down to free pens and pencils BUT if you got no place to post the incriminating data…..

5. Monroe says:

The IRS does nothing against Al Sharpton but will go after those of us that have no money.

If I had a job, I would have insurance. How do they expect me to pay for over priced insurance when I don’t have a job?

• Sharon says:

How do they expect me to pay for over priced insurance when I don’t have a job?

I’m not sure they actually expect you to be able to pay for it and they certainly don’t consider that part of it their problem.

I’m thinking they are perfectly ok with having a whole bunch more people to fine and/or demand assets from. There are many who do not have the cash flow to pay for overpriced coverage (which is completely different than actually having access to health care) but who do have assets that will eventually be seized.

The continuum by which this rolls out does become another resource to big government which exists on other people’s money/property.

Government has no money of its own. It is completely dependent on others’ money..

• lovemyAmerica says:

see my post above…so the gubment will take our mobile home and my husbands 15 year old car ha ha ha! make no mistake…hubby has a good job and we are considered middle class. We took out a personal loan to pay for my Breast cancer stuff and his emergency appendectomy 2 years ago. We make things work but just can’t reconcile ourselves to give anymore money to the charlatans in DC.

• What Sharon said. They also have an excellent opportunity here to reinstitute debtor’s prison until the debtor’s family can pay the amount due.

Not to forget, the IRS already has a record of disparate treatment of different political groups in this country. If you are a dissident… well, you know what goes with that word…

This may seem unlikely at this point, but realize how fast this socialist crap has infected ever level, ever bureaucracy in this government.

6. ScruffyLeon says:

As long as you don’t own anything or have an income, what do you care what the IRS wants. Just tell them you are an illegal alien and they will send YOU money.

• Sharon says:

And once you have made their hit list by not paying the fines, it is a click of the computer keys to add your name to the list of those who are not eligible for hunting licenses, driver’s license, and every other thing for which the government controls access.

They are in this for the long haul.

• screwauger says:

And me friends and family think I am nuts, but just wait until the mandatory annual physical adds to that shared responsibility bill because your glucose or sodium or nicotine levels are not in compliance with national goals.

• Yup – especially given the new requirements the government has placed on doctors. DHS recently issued new medical codes. Before this, there were 20,000 codes the doctors had to deal with.

Now there are 140,000.

If the feds want to know such minutia about your health, you can believe they’re doing it for a reason.

• screwauger says:

From day one it’s been obvious their “utopia” will tax/fine/penalize those that do not comply with say, BMI standards, because their lifelong healthcare expenses will be calculated to be that much more for the gubment to pay therefore, no refund for you.

• Prettyplease says:

I am a stay at home mom. My husbands company came up with discounts if he complies with certain things. We’ve heard that this year to get the same insurance, I will be compelled to have a physical, too. We have never used our insurance in all the years we’ve had it for anything other than a physical every two or three years or longer. Don’t like where this is going.

• screwauger says:

For the past several years at my place of employment, I am required to “see a physician” and have specific labs drawn. It’s not about the doctor visit per se. I am then required to enter the lab values and answer general medical history type questions in order to maintain my current premium rate. Mind you, when I started this job the healthcare was paid 100% by the employer until 2008 (crash). It’s just the beginning…

• Lee says:

And a passport, now. If you “owe” more than $50,000.

• kotch301 says:

That is the sad truth….this is what we have become. WTH is wrong with the American People? We have to take care of our own citizens, if needed. The establishment just wants to control us and this is the ultimate way for them to do it. We the People will not stand for this anymore. There is a reckoning coming in NOV 2016. It’s going to be a blood bath for the establishment in both parties We have had enough of the politics of division. Hillary is just more of the same, she is terrible! They just don’t get it. We want change that is good for American people. We want our country back and it’s going to happen no matter what the establishment believes. Trump2016!!

7. Sentient says:

“Shared responsibility”. That’s like the theory that we should all love the government because we are the government. I ain’t the government. There’s almost nothing they do that I am OK with. The Uniparty strategy for 2016 makes clear that we have no choice in who the candidates even are. It’s one thing to be raped. It’s even worse when they claim we wanted it.

8. Piper says:

Thank GOD these are being sent out before the election!!! I hope it hits ANYONE who supported Obama-doesn’t-care the HARDEST, as for those who were already against it,call your state reps and report the fact that you couldn’t afford it then and can’t now- this is gonna get ugly!!! I have always suspected the “Fema camps” were especially for people who refused to pay the penalty, what else could they possibly be for? Millions of Americans are going to get these letters and refuse to pay or can’t pay. Where are they going to put them all when the get arrested? The fine is going to just get steeper every year… I wonder if it is possible to file a lawsuit against the government for forcing people into bankruptcy by way of a law, anyone know?

• lovemyAmerica says:

^^^this^^^^

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Yes, Piper.
      Even better: before the primaries.

• Ah, but he’s going to delay signing the TPP until after the elections.

That must be the straw that is to break the camel’s back.

• screwauger says:

To me, it seems as if there must be some master plan. The massive employer mandate is supposed to roll out next year. With the Dems broadcasting “free healthcare” for illegals etc, are they really that disconnected to not know the millions who are expected to be thrown off trusted and reliable employer covered healthcare to the exchanges. They are going to fudge this next year to try and elect the anointed one. IMO

9. FireAm 85 says:

These IRS invoices will increase more and more come January ’16. Many businesses I deal with will be getting a huge incentive not only to release employees to the healthcare exchange, but to hire foreign workers. The total is just about $7,000.00 per employee, per year.

10. prescient11 says:

It’s not a tax!!!

• Concerned says:

Right. Any reasonable person knows this. But John Roberts and other Supreme Court sadists decided to name it that anyway, otherwise Obamacare would have been dead.

What I don’t understand, and someone can help me, is if the point is that everyone is supposed to be paying insurance companies for insurance products, then why is the fine in the form of a tax collected by the government? What is being done with that collected money?

• Lee says:

And the tragic thing is that Congress had the right, and the RESPONSIBILITY, after that ruling, to re-do the Law, because ALL REVENUE BILLS MUST ARISE IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES! This law did not. It never went to conference. It was all smoke and mirrors. and what did out reps do about this new-found opportunity? NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. Despite the pleas of those who saw this opportunity and begged them to use it. I HATE THESE COWARDS.

• sixmax11 says:

which is why the IRS can’t collect it

11. karnakelli says:

These letters are only going to Republican voters. Maybe they weren’t Republicans yesterday, but they sure as hell are after opening the letter!

• Sharon says:

These letters are only going to Republican voters.

And you know this how?

• wanthetruth says:

That’s reminds me of like the truism, “Do you know how many of the people in heII believe in God? ….. All of them. (Late effect, but knowledge beyond any doubt).

• Sharon says:

Been thinking about this a bit. It occurs to me that “becoming a Republican” in the wake of such letters isn’t going to help much since the GOPe has been supporting this garbage since Nancy Pelosi passed it in the middle of the night, a Christmas Eve, I believe it was.

They could have defunded it and all of its regulatory nightmare. They have not defunded it.

This is why the GOPe needs to be taken down so I hope they become Republicans so they can vote for Trump in their primary – but beyond that, I sure don’t see being a Republican as a safe haven of any kind.

The Republican party has, generally speaking, become as indefensible as everything else coming out of the DC septic tank.

12. Bystander says:

Unfortunately the people who voted for Obama and support the (un)affordable health care act will never pay a dime for the health care system they abuse. It’s free. You can show up at the ER and have your child or yourself examined and treated no matter how minor the complaint. It beats sitting in the doctor’s office for hours. Perhaps a percentage of the population will take note , but for the vast majority of Obamacare recipients the responsibility is never shared. It’s akways our responsiblity to take care of the irresponsible.

13. stella says:

Here’s the IRS information about this:

Includes this:

Find out if you must make a payment by using our interactive tool, Determine if you are Responsible for the Individual Shared Responsibility Payment.

14. lovemyAmerica says:

will

15. Nessie509 says:

In the old days they went after guys like Capone, now they are way to busy going after the Tea Party.

16. rsmith1776 says:

Don’t you dare to complain. The government needs more and more money for the hundreds of thousands, soon to be millions of “refugees”. There will come a time when we’ll look at the Mexicans who, illegal as they are, many of them, are willing to do some work and see them in a better light.

Unbelievable. Yeah, refugees, victims, the Holocaust all over again!!

17. Southern Son says:

JG Wentworth says, “Its YOUR Money! Use it when You want to.” Big Government says,”Give US OUR MONEY”!! Trump is only candidate who understands and can help us at this point. I pray everyday for USA, because God will be final arbiter. I dont feel so all alone in the Treehouse. But I know most people just are not paying attention. Beat the Drums, and Ride to the sounds of Gunfire, Boys. And Girls!!.

18. Take the bill to your dumbocrat neighbor and INSIST that they pay it for you.

19. labrat says:

As far as I recall, it’s pretty easy to get an exemption, there are a ton of pathways. The easiest one is to let a utility go to a shut off notice. Submit that and voila! – no fine. Unless they’ve changed the rules again, that was back when they rolled out HC.gov.

20. sundance says:

Many people who think the government has no “collection mechanism”, is missing the larger issue.

Apply for a student loan? – Not eligible until you pay outstanding Obamacare debt.
    Apply for an FHA mortgage ? – Not eligible until you pay outstanding Obamacare debt.
    Apply for a federal job ? – Same
    Apply for a job that does contracting work with the Federal Govt ? – Same
    Federal background checks on firearms? Guess what
    Common Core opens education funding ? Guess what
    Widow/Widower survivor benefits? Guess What
    Become eligible for Social Security Benefits ? Guess What…

Oh, the possibilities go on… and on…. and on…

• lovemyAmerica says:

that’s right SD. Maybe I can get a fake social security number from an illegal alien and use that in order to get my social security benefits…

• JohnS says:

Naturally there are consequences to civil disobedience if the number of participants is low.
      If even 15% of the population were to decide to accept the consequences, the consequences would disappear.
      Tax revolts are very destabilizing for governments so they fear them greatly.

• labrat says:

That wouldn’t apply if you qualify for an exemption. You’re “shared responsibility” is waived.

Hardships that qualify you for exemptions include:

You were homeless
      You were evicted in the past 6 months or were facing eviction or foreclosure
      You received a shut-off notice from a utility company
      You recently experienced domestic violence
      You recently experienced the death of a close family member
      You experienced a fire, flood, or other natural or human-caused disaster that caused substantial damage to your property
      You filed for bankruptcy in the last 6 months
      You had medical expenses you couldn’t pay in the last 24 months that resulted in substantial debt
      You experienced unexpected increases in necessary expenses due to caring for an ill, disabled, or aging family member
      As a result of an eligibility appeals decision, you’re eligible for enrollment in a qualified health plan (QHP) through the Marketplace, lower costs on your monthly premiums, or cost-sharing reductions for a time period when you weren’t enrolled in a QHP through the Marketplace
      You were determined ineligible for Medicaid because your state didn’t expand eligibility for Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act
      Your individual insurance plan was cancelled and you believe other Marketplace plans are unaffordable
      If you experienced another hardship obtaining health insurance, use this form to apply for an exemption with the Marketplace (PDF)

The way I see it, the easiest way to get exempt is to not pay your electric bill for a couple on months. Get a shut off notice and then pay the bill. Save that notice for the taxman!

• Concerned says:

I wonder if they would even investigate beyond just asking you for the shutoff notice. I hope someone tries it out, I would love to know the answer!

• Piper says:

Better be careful with which of these you claim! If you can’t “manager your finances yourself” you should not be allowed to own a firearm now, this is all the snake eating it’s tail stuff!

• Sharon says:

Thank you for listing the downstream details…..dodging the immediate consequence of such a notice is the least of the problem.

• nyetneetot says:

Employers that have reached settlement agreements with the various alphabet agencies are finding the agreements now include language to the effect that individuals in default of their student loan will not be hired or must have employment terminated.

I could easily see Obamacare debt getting added to the agreements.

• jim says:

You will be unable to buy or sell without the mark of the beast.

21. Rick says:

This travesty known as Obamacare is just starting to rear its ugly head. Oblama knew all along that this was a deceptive lie and massive tax burden to place on LEGAL, Law-abiding American Citizens. Recall that he pushed back much of the original Law, (not to mention the changes he made along the way that were illegal actions.) to not go into effect until 2015 & 2016. These Tax Notices are the first run of what’s ahead. Folks, Oblama is abandoning the Good Ship Lollipop in 15 months. Captain Oblama will be well taken care of after he departs OUR HOUSE and eventually he will move his political agenda to become a Global figure within the United Nations. (basking in the Hawaiian sun) His political ideology and damage to the US will continue but just move to a different stage.

So, here we are left to deal with his mess. That’s millions of Americans who will be hit with IRS notices and grapple with the realization that the whole PONZI scheme of providing medical insurance for “14 million who were formally uninsured”, was really a BIG MONEY scheme & theft. The bill that “we have to pass to know what’s in it”, allows BIG GOV to lay claims and judgements (disguised as taxes) against OUR real property and financial holdings. Almost 100M folks are out of the workforce. How does OCare help the situation. If we can’t earn wages, how can we pay for medical insurance?

Now, Clinton & Sanders shout FREE healthcare for ILLEGAL ALIENS, while hard working, honest Americans are being mailed Balance Due notices to LEGAL citizens for not having and not paying for their own healthcare. SHARED RESPONSIBILITY my ass! Its simple wealth transfer disguised as EXTORTION!! Yes, this is the plight for those of us who may not be able to secure a policy or pay a premium because of financial impact. In such cases, I can’t imagine how furious the Electorate will become with “incoming” IRS harassment. How’s that Free phone and gas working for those who voted for Oblama doing now?

For those of us that do have medical coverage through a plan that is part of the OCare network, we too, are just starting to see some of the hidden lies that are now being discovered. Remember that crappy website of theirs, well its still a piece of sh#t! When my wife went to our service provider website to see if her doctor was in our plan, it said yes. GREAT, go to Doctor show Medical card and get tests done. 4 Weeks later, SURPRISE get bill saying “not covered because not in plan”. BEWARE! Just because your plan on the internet says you’re covered, and your Doc is listed and your Doc’s office accepts your card, you may find out that your test or service may still not be not covered & declined by your provider. Depending how good your state website is and what info is provided, their may be hidden disclosures in tiny print that may be 3 or 4 pages further into the site.
    Just passing on a tip for those that may believe their Docs are covered by their plan services.
    Most docs don’t have the time to handle this crap and the GOV has turned the paper process into a quagmire of Bullshit forms for their staff’s to handle.

FInally, I see that Trump may boycott the next debate. GOOD! CNBC still hasn’t provided the parameters for the debate to the candidates at this late stage, so he has a point. At this stage Trump is the ALPHA dog and he can start pushing! I would love to see him drop out of the debate and buy 30 minutes of Advertising on two major networks in Prime Time. Why share the stage with 0-5% losers when he could solely highlight a new CONTRACT FOR AMERICA that would briefly highlight his intentions in no specific order as follows:

1) Economy and Job creation
    2) National security & Immigration
    3) Personal & Corporate Tax reform
    4) Ocare repeal & replacement
    5) Trade re-negotiation and Contract/Treaty positions
    6) VA situation

Trump doesn’t need deep detail on the above but just state clear positions. He can tell everyone that the NEW CONTRACT WITH AMERICA will be completed prior to Christmas and it could be put up on his website, announced on Christmas Eve with a cover that reads, “MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE”. Yes, this should explode many heads and have us all smiling heading as we head into the New Year

Keep the rudder steady Vulgarians
    TRUMP 2016

• Piper says:

I don’t twitter- please someone tweet Trump to skip this one, he can just live tweet again and we’ll all watch him answer each question that way, while all the other dumb@sses on the stage preen and lie to an audience of none!

22. Rebel Mope says:

I think the uniparty has a “shared responsibility” as well.

23. Lulu says:

And, bless his heart, he’s paying a share of this, too:

Judicial Watch Obtains Records Revealing Obama’s February, March 2015 Golf Vacations and Fundraisers Cost Taxpayers $4,436,245.50 in Travel Expenses Alone

24. DeWalt says:

New envelope and off to your congress critters. A few thousand to each critter might send a message.

• Sharon says:

I have seen nothing in recent years that suggests communication to Congress is effective.

• Dixie says:

Me either, Sharon, and I’ve sent dozens. The only response of any kind I ever got was from my own district representative, Walter Jones NC-R who really is one of the good guys. I am becoming so cynical about it all, and this particular thread is just making that worse, I’m quite ready to give it up altogether.

Except I will support Donald Trump in every way possible, including working on his campaign once he gets it started here. IMHO, that’s the only hope we have.

25. Pingback: “We won’t stand for tyranny!” Tell it to gov after receiving your $2,344.00 “shared responsibility” demand for payment! | LadyRaven's Whisky In A Jar – OH!

26. gwhh says:

Why did do you owe that amount? How did they figure out you owe that much to the IRS?

27. Concerned says:

For 2015, the flat assessment rises to $325 per individual from $95 in 2014, with a maximum of $975 per household. The percentage-of-income penalty doubles to 2% from 1% in 2014, up to a maximum of about $12,850 per household. (There is also a cap of $2570 per person.) And of course the IRS takes the greater of the two.

In the photo, the bill is $2344. So it must be the percentage-of-income penalty, which implies this couple’s combined income is $117,200? We can’t tell how many dependents they have. If none, a $2344 bill is unpleasant but hopefully not a disaster, but then again if they are uninsured I’m assuming there is some financial stress going on. And if they have any dependents, especially multiple dependents, a $2344 bill could definitely be a problem. This is just so not cool. Sock it to the middle class, Obama!

• Concerned says:

Premium rates for plans available on Delaware’s Obamacare marketplace are posted and ready for consumers to peruse through the Delaware Department of Insurance’s website. But due to double-digit rate hikes approved by the federal government, Delawareans shopping on the marketplace and not eligible for tax subsidies through the Affordable Health Care Act should be ready to shell out some additional dollars. There are three insurance carriers offering plans on the marketplace. In total, there are 29 individual plans and 15 small group plans offered to employers. Of the individual plans, rates for Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield increased 22.4 percent and by close to 17 percent for both Aetna Life and Aetna Health insurance plans.

• Armie says:

It’s a 2014 payment, puts him at 234 grand above the tax return threshold.

28. dizzymissl says:

Please don’t repeat-post videos or images on more than one thread. Thank you. Admin

29. jackphatz says:

What services were rendered for the requested $2344.00? Anyone? Buehler? Taxation without representation! Is this where we can finally go totally broke trying to sue the government for coercion? They said it would really hit the fan with the 2014 tax bills.

30. Nunnya says:

IIRC The ACA has around 13 exemptions to the tax/penalties available. The last one to be made public, stated something along the lines of: “would create a hardship”. I remember thinking, “This means that 100% of the people can simply claim that either paying the premiums, or the penalties would cause them “hardship” and therefore they would be exempt.”
    There are no set definitions to what constitutes a hardship either as i recall. I very well may be wrong about this, but that is how I remember it.

31. angryduc says:

never ever paying that ……not a penny towards the dead babies…. I’ll quit producing first

32. Nunnya says:

labrat posted the link to the exemptions above. I did not see that before posting my previous comment.
    That link does show that I was correct in my ever fading memory though. hehehe. Basically, everyone can claim a hardship exemption, every year.

33. Chance says:

Source (Pub. L. 111–148, title I, § 1555,Mar. 23, 2010, 124 Stat. 260.)

34. Fred says:

And now you find out what was in it. Thanks to the Democrats in the House of Reprehensibles and the Democrats in the Senate, you now owe the government a tax for not buying insurance. Thank the Democrats for voting the idiots into office. I can only hope that those who voted for the Democrats all get this bill.

• Lee says:

Anybody with any sense at all would have known that Pelousy claiming that we would “have to pass it to know what was in it” guaranteed that it was a crap sandwich. Since when does a “transparent, deliberative” body not discuss and explain BEFORE it passes something? Evil works in the dark, ’nuff said.

35. Pingback: Shared Responsibility | RealityBucket

36. Chewbarkah says:

The advent of bills like the one shown are, perversely, a positive development. Chief Justice Roberts ruled the ACA to be a tax, but no one had standing to contest it until after being forced to pay it. Someone with proper legal backing needs to pay this Individual Shared Responsibility tax, then sue on the basis that it is an illegal tax. Notice how the IRS is spinning the story by calling it a “Payment” in their demand. Obama dragged out the timing for these payments so that by the time a case reaches the SC, ObamaCare will be so entrenched that unravelling it will create havoc, and that will create pressure to perpetuate it.

• Piper says:

THANK YOU CHEWBARKAH!!!!!! This was my first question when I read this earlier today, you are the only one who answered! There has to be a legal remedy for this, I mean, you can’t drive people into bankruptcy if they have no means to pay for something they were FORCED TO BUY in the first place! Is it just me or has the world lost all forms of common sense?

37. TexasRanger says:

IRS Warns: No Insurance You Will Have To Pay

“Shared Responsibility Tax”

Obama’s Affordable Health Care – Obamacare Tax Penalty.!

Wake Up America – Make America Great Again.!

Fox News Video 2014:

IRS Needs More Agents To Handle Obamacare Taxes. Stop ObamaCare, Vote For Donald Trump.
    Repeal Obamacare.

38. R-C says:

The government foisted upon us by liberal democrats and liberal (GOPe) republicans is a TRAVESTY–an absolute crying shame.

Of all the talent available among the 330+ million lawful citizens of this great country, we’re stuck with this boat-load of absolute stinkers in Washington, DC. A gang which, when taken as a whole, could not pour urine out of a boot with detailed instructions printed on the heel (without first forming a “bipartisan blue ribbon committee” to debate the proceedings).

They have one job, really. Just ONE: follow the US Constitution, as written and legally amended, to the letter. That’s it. Any power that isn’t SPECIFICALLY granted to the federal government in the Constitution rests with the individual states, or the people. Period, the end.

But, liberals in BOTH parties don’t want to understand that. They see their role as “The Candy Man”–passing out goodies to voters in exchange for power. It’s flat out disgusting and in the end this will be the ruination of our country.

If we could just seat one president and 535 members of Congress who firmly understand and follow their Oaths of Office, none of this would be happening. The federal government wouldn’t be shaking the populace down for cash like a drug addict desperate for a “fix”.

39. Sean says:

There is a religious exemption that people might want to check out.

40. Steve in Greensboro says:

So taxes are “shared responsibility payments” now? (We know Ocare payments are a tax, because Chief Justice Roberts told us so.) Obama and his crew have stopped using Marx’s “Das Kapital” as an operating manual on how to run America and have moved on to George Orwell’s “1984”.

I just wish the “shared responsibility payments” were shared a little more.

The bottom 40% of the income distribution earns 14% of the income and not only pays no income tax, they actually get refunds amounting to 3% of the total income tax paid. (The top 60% earn 86% of the income and pay 103% of the taxes so the bottom 3% can get EITF refunds.)

You can thank the Uniparty for creating a tax environment where 40% of the population can vote Democrat as a bloc to have the government steal money from the other 60%. Then you add brain-dead liberals, welfare dependents and government employees and you have an automatic electoral majority — the tax-eating serfs of the Ruling Class.

As that Clevelander said a while back: “I wants me my money! I wants me my OOObama money!”

41. Pingback: “Shared Responsibility” Tax Bills Begin… | The Grey Enigma

42. Just wait till they start seizing accounts and putting liens on property.

• mpmp2015 says:

Yep, just like what the gov’t of Cyprus did a few years ago to combat a financial meltdown. Bank accounts over a certain dollar amount was seized and that ticked off all the Russians that had overseas bank accounts in Cyprus.

• TeddyOn20th says:

Not half as much as it ticked off all the totally innocent Cypriot wage earners who had put their savings in the local bank just like any other hard-working person would do.

43. jello333 says:

The picture up top, of the guy on the bench…. EXACTLY right. But add to that, the insurance companies are now loving it even more than they ever did. Which (among other things) was exactly what Obama was aiming for with this law.

44. keebler AC says:

Best to do everything within your ability safely…….to delay paying taxes until Trump is in office. If there’s any charity you’d rather donate towards or even Trump’s campaign to obtain tax deduction in April 2016. Obama can print more money but there are limits to it I would surmise. We’ve got to tie Obama’s admin down from spending down more tax money. Citizens ought to consider sueing Barack and Michelle as private citizens for reckless spending of taxpayer money for vacations and extravagant over-use of Air Force One outside of normal limits for a president. You’ve got to put the fear in the Obama family and limit their entitlement use, particularly given their reckless behavior in light of the high debt and poor economy.

The time has come to do this! The establishment is crumbling and it takes the will of the people to make a bigger might. Establishment can fight one or two politicians but it can’t hold a dam back.

45. goodoldboy66 says:

Interesting to ponder whether they can submit your failure to pay to “the credit bureau” as an unpaid obligation which could have meaningful implications to your credit score.

46. squid2112 says:

A little bit off topic, but this evening I learned from my mother in-law that she not only didn’t get a raise in Social Security, but she now has to pay twice as much for her medicare. The really incredible part was she then went on to day “those damn Republicans did this to me”.

I was simply stunned. Although, after thinking about it for a moment, she is actually correct in a way. While it was purely Democrats that foisted Obamacare upon us against our will, it has been the Republicans that have let them get away with it.

47. Manfred says:

I like to spread this around – for Christians, there are legal alternatives to the mess discussed herein. Here’s a good review of several of those options: http://www.greendrinkdiaries.com/alternatives-to-obamacare-comparing-samaritan-ministries-medi-share-and-christian-healthcare-ministries/

My wife and I are member of libertyhealthshare.org

48. IntoTheFray says:

Just my thoughts on this as I have health insurance and shouldn’t be getting one of these notices.

CTH, sundance, Treepers: Not that you aren’t busy enough this time of year, but it might be worth someone doing some research on this and posting the info here so others are aware of what’s going on with this. Just the facts, no speculation please. Maybe sundance or someone knows a CPA who would be willing to do a “guest” post here on whether one has to pay and the possible ramifications of not paying.

At this point, I would not pay, at least not until after the election. Trump says he is going to change the tax system and get rid of the (un)ACA. IF that happens, problem solved, hopefully. The downside is, if Trump is not elected or is unable to get rid of the (un)ACA, you might be in for a larger bill. It would all depend on your personal situation.

So, don’t pay now and do all you can to elect Donald Trump!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
    Trump2016!

• keebler AC says:

Consider it your Wolverine’s stance to assist with starving the establishment malignancy and a donation to Trump’s campaign and successful presidency! Once elected, he will need all the help he can get to save the country. A’MURICA 2017!!!

49. jim says:

At this point, does anyone know what ObamaCare is (seriously)?

Various employers, employees, unemployed, domestic violence victims, tribal groups, and religous affiliations have been exempted. People in poverty and those going into or coming out of bankruptcy appear to be exempt. Portions of the law have been delayed. The law has been reinterpreted by the Supreme Court, and “clarified” by the IRS. The IRS website has many pages on the ACA that reference 2014 as a future date.

Healthcare.gov currently states that hardships that qualify for an exemption include that “You believe other Marketplace plans are unaffordable.” Who decides what I believe and how do I prove it?

This is one thing I know for certain, my doctor does not accept it (ObamaCare), whatever it is.

50. GrumpyOldGuy says:

Keep on voting and paying those taxes and begging for more government to fix it all!
    It’s bound to get better one of these days… or not.