Not only is Donald Trump leading in EVERY SINGLE POLL he’s also winning on campaign financial efficiency.  CNN estimates the Trump campaign has spent approximately $5.6 million total since June, yet 74,000 supporters have given him over $3.8 million to offset the costs.

To offer a comparison – the number two candidate, Ben Carson, has spent almost three times as much as Donald Trump at over $14 million.

Meanwhile Team Jeb Bush has burned through fifteen times Trump’s amount, carries a staff over 100 strong, burns $20+ million a month, and has purchased 60% of all commercial air-time ads in New Hampshire… only to see his polling/approval get worse.

cnn trump screen

SPLODEY HEAD – GOP front-runner Donald Trump has promised to pay for his presidential campaign out of his own pockets, but the billionaire is getting off cheap, spending just $100,000 of his own money in the most recent fundraising period, according to his campaign.

Boosted by more network TV coverage than any other candidate, Trump has been able to sit back and let his campaign largely take care of itself.

The billionaire’s campaign says it raised $3.8 million from the general public between July 1 and Sept. 30 and finished the quarter with $255,000 cash on hand.

But Trump’s cash on hand figure is largely meaningless, as the reality TV celebrity, with a fortune estimated by Forbes to be more than $4 billion, can pay for as much media as he decides he needs.

Trump’s campaign says he has not needed to dip much into that fortune.

“Mr. Trump made a contribution of $100,779 during this quarter and has personally spent $1,909,576 since launching his campaign,” the Trump campaign said in an email press release.

[…]  The Trump campaign press release boasted on Thursday: “Mr. Trump is self-funding his campaign; however there were 73,942 unsolicited donations during this time period with an average contribution of $50.46.  (link)

Take this level of business acumen, and keen political thinking all the way through the election and what you end up with is:

trump landslide

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Jeb Bush, media bias. Bookmark the permalink.

232 Responses to Donald Trump Making Media/Political Splodey Heads – Winning Without Excessive Spending…

1. agent provocateur says:

Reblogged this on Nevada State Personnel Watch.

2. MfM says:

And all of this is from small donations. I bet he uses this in some of his upcoming appearances… comparing himself to other candidates. If he really wanted heads exploding he should increase this number next quarter.

• Ziiggii says:

“…he should increase his numbers…” ???

He’s hasn’t done a thing to increase his numbers nor should he. He does not need to solicit funds and he hopefully never will. It proves the grassroots movement and disgust with business as usual in DC.

• MfM says:

Yes, we are looking at it from different perspectives. I see it as people supporting his campaign and buying into his success. It’s a symbolic way to show support to a man who doesn’t need the money. It’s a way to stick it to the others… he’s not even asking for money and it coming anyway.

• auscitizenmom says:

I think the funny part is that he says he doesn’t need the money, but at the same time he says he understands people wanting to feel a part of the campaign. The man really understands US.

• Ziiggii says:

He understands that his supporters want to show how much they really do support him, since the almighty $ is how main stream measures success.

• MTeresa says:

“I hope all keep him 1) in their prayers and 2) remember we’re all broken and fall short. Trump will disappoint and maybe even fall, but he is the means to a goal; rescue OUR republic.”

100 Likes. Sometimes, I think if Abraham Lincoln were running today, the media would trash him. No candidate is perfect but right now, more than anytime ever, we need our republic rescued. Mr. Trump is the person to do it. Praying for him and for the survival of our republic every day.

• smiley says:

he also really understands money.
          and how to use it…frugally.
          how NOT to waste it.
          he’s a master at making it and using it responsibly.
          isn’t that different !
          the commie characters out there must be seething.
          Trump builds things..including momentum.
          and he enjoys life.
          he’s truly a Winner.
          big time.
          a pleasant example to emulate in a leader.
          for once.
          Go Long, Donald trump ! 2016 !

• Ketch says:

Exactly..It also shows how clever he is using the media for his own gain in receiving free press, yet the media make more money on their end because he boosts ratings. Of course, he knows how to get Mexico to build the wall. Go Trump!

• sundance says:

• Sentient says:

Lol. +1,000,000

• justfactsplz says:

Oh, gosh. This has to be one of my favorite tweets of yours. I love it, every single word and number. Seeing the words “Trump 2016 Landslide” is music to my ears. Seeing all of these polls together is so encouraging.

• jello333 says:

Donald’s lazy, he wears down quickly, and never finishes what he starts. Which is why he’ll eventually give up any further thoughts of being president…

… somewhere around Jan. 20, 2025.

• andymilken says:

It was a very good quarter for the good doctor. If you look at his disbursements by purpose- most of the money was spent on “technology” like database management and web services (5.9 million plus funds raising expenses at 1.4 million compared to 100K as claimed by Trump’s people; hasn’t filed the paper so I can’t confirm). I believe his team is building a “grassroots” funds raising approach aka “small donors”; one of pres Obama’s specialties. If you look at the donors list- older people (retirees) contributed over 2.7 million dollars, small businesses, which is surprising, a few hedge funds, his main “man” is Carl Berg (a real estate developer who has ventured into other areas like investment (hedge funds), pharmaceutical etc.) from CA, a few big banks- JPMorgan, Chase etc., lots of real estate developers, which is also surprising, lots of financial services, and healthcare. Most of the donations came from Texas, CA, Florida, Michigan, and North Carolina.

• RINOKiller says:

Not only this could turn into a landslide, this is turning into an avalanche of potential epic proportions

• FireAm 85 says:

If any Candidate can run the table, it is Trump.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Media: “when are u dropping out”?

January, 2017 + 4 + 4 = January, 2025

Note to media: After second term. 😉

3. Electric Head says:

He’s having so much fun. Think of how little money he has spent for this 4 month adventure…this must be cheap for him. Brilliant!

4. liberty2828 says:

This is great! I am waiting for my bumper sticker, yard signs and multiple hats.
    So glad that people are investing in his campaign without being asked. It is so nice not the get the desperate emails from candidates and constant fundraising appeals.
    Nice to just give and feel good about it.

• Melania for 1st Lady says:

I’m ordering some yard signs too. I also have ideas for some giant Trump signs I want to make out of plywood but I’m not sure where I’d put them ( my yard is quite small) and I’m thinking about doing something with steel as I am currently learning to weld. I’ve also thought about writing “TRUMP 2016” and “Make America Great Again” in giant red/white/blue letters on the driveway with sidewalk chalk (many joggers and such go by the house everyday). I think we should have a thread where folks post pictures of their Trump signs, including home-made stuff so we can feed off each others’ good ideas.

5. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

If Trump can keep this up he will win but its a grueling 12 months to go till election day. My cousin’s GF was in new York yesterday and she call and asked us if we wanted a Trump Cap so she bought us each a red Make America Great Again Cap today. She was in Trump Towers and the money goes to the campaign so she had till fill out a form. If your interested they are $20.

6. UpsideDownFlag says:

What an image of class. President Donald Trump and Madam First Lady.

7. wizzum says:

I missed most of it but it looks like the FOX sock puppets were trying to dis Trump and Carlson for saying they wouldn’t attend the next debate if it was over 2 hrs and did not include opening/closing statements.

• TheTorch says:

Yes they were indeed the usual suspects like Stirewalt implying Donald is scared of debating the others. These people are such a joke it is unreal.

Anyway, to top off the attack on Trump – they brought on Fiorina, to continue it, but a funny thing happened, she then got questioned about her falling poll numbers, it was actually funny, Fiorina, in complete denial, and then also a short convo about why she doesnt smile more or something and Fiorina trying to convince us that she does connect with people! It was so bad it was funny. Spectacular backfire by Fiorina. LOL.

Then the Koch interview which was just a subtle and not so subtle hit job on Trump, as I mentioned in the other thread.

Kelly File deserves to tank into oblivion, she has lost all credibilty, and exposed for all to see, as nothing more than a GOPe puppet. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

• Masterdeviance says:

Kelly’s interview with Fiorina was hilarious. Not an ounce of warmth, soul or authenticity in either woman.

Good ol’ cucks at Faux News…they never fail to make me laugh.

• Garrison Hall says:

Don’t forget what her actual role is. Yes, she’s presented to the public as a celebrity—at least people are encouraged to think of her as one and she’ll play that role well. But, in fact, in the news biz she “talent” which means that, ultimately, she’s completely expendable and can get gone from Fox or any other news outlet in an instant. The Fox news shows are all heavily produced. Each show has its own production staff which is responsible for how the show looks and sounds, what get’s said and who says it. Megyn Kelly is good at her job and great to look at but the show really isn’t her’s, it belongs to Fox which is were she works. Her actual editorial and production input is, in all likelihood, quite small relative to her huge celebrity image which is intended for public consumption. Inside the Fox bubble, she’s just attractive, well-paid talent.

• SharonKinDC says:

I also think BOTH women have a pathological ‘thing’ against strong men. Trump is the biggest alpha in the pack and he’s the prime target. I think it has less to do w/ GOPe support, than their own issues. Oh, the irony as both are not meek women! Guess they prefer beta males. IIRC, Megyn pretty much admitted as much.

• JillyW says:

I haven’t watched Kelly since debate night. I refuse to give her the only thing I have that she cares about – my attention.

• Piper says:

JillyW -me too- I stuck with my promise. I read an article by someone who does t.v. ratings #’s that if you even “peek” they can count it as viewers, so I don’t even do that.

• CharInOhio says:

You can search for “watch fox news live streaming” and find a link streamed by private individual and watch online…….FOX is then NOT getting but the ONE rating of the person streaming,,,,,,,yet MANY can be watching 🙂

• Susaninchicago says:

I noticed today that my cable recording of the Hannity show begins with the end of The Kelly File. Would this count as a hit for Kelly? Could this be the reason her rating are not as low as they should be? I changed all of my recordings to start after one minute. All fox recordings on my cable begin with the previous show.

• Duchess says:

I also have turned her off as well as Fox.

• AghastInFL says:

Proud to declare, I have not watched The Kelly File since the debate. I feel better for it although I did initially miss the smile… But when a bright smile hides an evil soul the best choice for me was to turn it off.

• flawesttexas says:

Fox Sock Puppets…lol

8. Muskrat says:

I am proud to say I made a modest (mostly symbolic) contribution to President (to be) Trump’s campaign during this period. [Always did love a strong horse.]

9. TwoLaine says:

Sign Me Up! 🙂
    #TRUMP2016
    #MakeAmericaGreatAgain !

10. canadacan says:

Trump is rich because he knows how to handle money.
    That may sound glib and pat but its just a hard cold fact.

11. R-C says:

BOOM!!

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, even further cements Trump’s managerial skills–he is utterly trouncing the competition while underspending them by a large margin. Especially Jebito–those figures are staggering.

Trump 2016–and not a moment too soon.

12. snaggletooths says:

Am waiting for Trumps campaign to need workers in my state.
    Trump has turned politics on its ears 2016 will be a epic landslide no other candidate compares.

13. prescient11 says:

I am buying a ton of his campaign swag. I view that as a fantastic way to donate to his campaign!! I would suggest every one here do so. Buy a hat. Buy t-shirts. And wear them AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE!!! Go viral.

14. Ellie says:

After reading this I’m more confident than ever that Trump could turn this economy around. I hope more people will donate to his campaign. After all, he’s in this to win it for us.

15. preppin247 says:

El Jebito $20 mil a month..I guestimate that’s about $1 mil per vote..

16. Dixie says:

How about this…..buy Trump hats and t-shirts for Christmas gifts!

17. LBH says:

Does anyone know if the $5.6 Mil that Trump has spent so far includes his travel by private jet? He stated that travel via his personal jet was an official campaign expense that he had to report but that he just cut a check from his campaign fund to his own personal fund.

Net neutral in that case.

• PatriotKate says:

He said that he has to charge the campaign a certain amount for use of the plane. And, naturally he owns properties all over the place. Seems like he’s always talking about a property nearby he owns – especially the hotels. So you know he’s able to defer a lot of that expense staying at his own properties. He may have to bill the campaign for it, but he’s essentially paying himself back. Brilliant.
      They also make money on all the campaign materials we purchase, so that’s a great way to fund the campaign. I bets he’ll get a surprising amount of direct contributions simply because he doesn’t need it. Funny how that works, because for once we are actually the only ones allowed to contribute.

• MsCynlynn says:

I read an article the other day (can’t find it right now) that was attempting to make Trump look bad for charging his campaign headquarters rent. I laughed and laughed because the author evidently does not understand campaign finance and accountability.

• Ziiggii says:

Don’t forget campaign staff salaries, their travel expenses, campaign swag upfront costs and paying for venues, A/V at said venues, etc. It adds up really quickly

• sundance says:

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump spent more on hats, bumper stickers, yard signs and t-shirts than he did on any other category in the third quarter, according to his latest campaign finance report filed on Thursday.

The Trump campaign shelled out $825,000 on the logo-emblazoned gear that he sells on a website and routinely tosses to supporters at his rock concert-like campaign events.

His next biggest line item was for flights on his personal 757 jet: more than $700,000.

The finance report is just the latest illustration of how, when it comes to the 2016 presidential election, Trump is breaking with tradition.

18. Kurtmandoo says:

I’d like to encourage all who come to the CTH, to follow The Last Refuge on twitter,…retweet all tweets by The Last Refuge,…it’ll help get the word out to lots of other people that are unaware. If you don’t have a Twitter acct., it’s free and easy to sign up.

19. Praxeology says:

Isn’t the cognitive dissonance of the agenda driven media just exhilarating?

20. Kurtmandoo says:

21. coeurdaleneman says:

I’m glad to see that sundance is becoming more confident that this is over, too. 🙂

No fear. Act triumphal about his chances. Treating this as a foregone conclusion drives libs nuts. I’m having a ball, mainly because their initial mocking has been morphing into realization that he has a solid chance of pulling this off. I needle them incessantly, and many just take it now.

22. Ellie says:

Which all of this goes to prove what my gut instinct has always told me. Winning an election is about delivering a winning message in such a way that people will believe in you. The planets and stars seemed to be in alignment for Donald Trump. The pain and suffering of the last 30 years, especially under the current regime of President Pen and Phone, has ushered in an anger and contempt of the American people to their government not seen in a long, long time. The GOPe and the donor class thinks if they just throw enough money at this, they’ll get their desired outcome. What a waste of money!

23. flyanddive says:

If anyone thinks the Don will not be able to get Mexico to pay for the wall, just remember, he is getting the media, who hates him, to pay for his campaign.

24. patrickhenryrevisited says:

As Stanley Kirk Burrell once said to his competetion;
    “U Can’t Touch This”

25. Piper says:

I hate it when people hijack a thread off topic

Iz ok. That’s why there are moderators. -Admin

PS: It’s also why there is a daily open thread.

26. Piper says:

OOOOOH! It feels so good to be in that number! I have “skin in the game” like you all suggested here that we do. I am so proud that we’ve all helped our candidate so spectacularly! This has to scare the poop out of the other camps- why don’t they just give up already- this is the clearest sign yet they have no chance gaining ground, right???

27. Tedd says:

I think if the Donald had not run who would be the front runners? Maybe not Ben because Trump changed the dynamic it could be jeb and marco. Not good.
    Mr Trump has really changed this country, for that I wear his hat proudly, and will give him my vote

28. Bill says:

He have me hope for The USA for the first time in 15 years on a budget. 100,000 ÷ 350,000,000. = my share of hope for less than a penny.

29. stevefraser says:

So how does DT stop DEM based voter fraud?

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Tidal wave landslide

• winky says:

How about the electoral college vote in the general election……I heard there was a way to add districts in a state so we could add more electoral votes….because in some states like California the odds are stacked against a republican….take for example this new thing that crazy Brown signed allowing illegals to vote with drivers licence…..it would be interesting to know if California is an open primary state or closed and whether he signed that knowing it would be too late too register with another party. I guantee you that if illegals were given drivers license and registered to vote at the same time my guess would be they were registered as democrats.

• texasgypsy53 says:

Threaten mega lawsuits if they even think about it. Get his people at the polling stations.

• jello333 says:

Wonder if Obama is gonna lend out his NBPP buddies this election cycle.

• SharonKinDC says:

This… I also think this election has an excellent chance to be a Reaganesque landslide. More and more crappy news will emerge between now and the general election. OB’s policies are being exposed more and more for the fiscal and ideological horror they are. Obamacare fines/rates/deductibles are staggering. We spent over 30k when you add employer contribution to health insurance, plus the portion we pay, plus all the deductible, co-pays, etc, etc. And NONE of us had much wrong, health-wise!

30. winky says:

Tonight on Hannity Geraldo said he believed Trump would be the nominee…the other day on Breitbart Scott Walker said Trump Trump could win… not bad!!

• Raffaella says:

I saw that too. I was shocked.

I have a theory about all the reversals we are seeing the last few days on MSM. They must be looking at internal polls that we would never see that shows them trum support is even stronger than reported. I think his support is reaching critical mass.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

and even the MSM employees like to be on the winning side..

• winky says:

I think you are right!

• FireAm 85 says:

I agree with that assessment.
        Moreover, Barry S. was at a White House function today, letting it be known to all that Trump is living in his head. Funny since every other candidate doesn’t want a wall at all. He tried a lame “KILL SHOT” about America not needing walls to be great. I will say Barry is petrified of Trump, can only be from the internal polling data he is reviewing.
        He needs to try and boost up Biden’s talking points before he enters the race.

• Mike says:

Probably a lot of the Barryites will need to go to prison… Barry, treason.

• SharonKinDC says:

As for Biden… Bret Bair did the best interview I’ve ever seen from him. W/ Robert Gates. Mr. Unflappable looked like he had full head of steam. It was, for Gates, a rant. Which means it was measured… but he looked pretty grim. Barky has been insulated by yes men (and ValJar, imo) who have perpetuated the meme the Military are trying to ‘box him in’ and can’t be trusted. It’s so bad the idiot NSC’s have been bypassing Sec Def, Joint Chiefs, the top brass in each branch… and calling guys out in the field for ‘insight’. Meanwhile, those people, who are undoubtedly by and large wonderful people, don’t have all of the information to be able to provide an assessment beyond the general.

As Gates noted, when he was NSC, if he did such a thing ‘he’d have had his head handed to him, probably directly by the President’ At first, he didn’t want to say who the ‘yes men’ were. But Bair, bless him, point blank asked, ‘Biden’? Yes was the response. He’s heard from someone on the inside that is happening. ‘Others, too’

So we’ve got confirmation of a crappy JV President, JV inner circle, ideologues all, they’ve created chaos on top of FUBAR. Most of us aren’t surprised in the least. Like the MSM shocked at Trump’s campaign success, they also are shocked at the news of JV BO. However, this is a good thing. The dam has broken. BO has been busy turning the Military into a social experiment w/ women in infantry combat units, regardless of competence at the mens standard, welcoming transsexuals to join, where Uncle Sam will pay for a parts swap out, and multitudes of examples of him crapping on Christian & Jewish issues and ignoring outright crimes committed, including the genocide in Syria & elsewhere. At at the same time, he’s elevated Islam to absurd levels, w/ ClockMed worship, banning any language about less than wholesome attributes of the ROP. Question: will this flicker of objective evaluation and clear vision by the MSM grow into a flame of integrity where they finally find the strength to wonder: Is JV BO an Islamist?

Time will tell. But the more and more people not only awake to JV BO’s anti-Americanism, but finally stop being cowed into remaining silent, regardless of the MSM, and especially when Trump wins the nomination and can go full time on attacking whatever moron is picked from the ‘socialist slash communist’ party, by the time he’s done, a landslide is very likely.

I also think he should get an exorcist to give the WH a once over before they move in. It’ll need it.

• phil fan says:

The veil of hypnotic fear induced by PC minions, abuse of power via IRS, DOJ is reaping its due reward = people, due to our Donald, are coming out of their trances and realizing American can be great again. And realizing so can they/we. The media for all their hype to the contrary will be among the last to realize this. But the process of this ‘awakening’ (dehypnotization) is spreading exponentially amongst us regular citizens. Eventually the MSM, globalists, GOPe, leftists will realize they are living in a new paradigm where being proud nationalist American Christians is the new normal. No doubt this is extremely frightening for many but oh well, hope they enjoyed their delusions.

• NVA Patriot says:

It’s not a ‘trance’ – it’s real fear. I have had MANY IRS dealings. Every time it’s a ‘love note’ stating I owe ANOTHER $10k. I live near DC and I know many peeps including peeps who write the rules. When I get a letter, I am v. lucky, I have no cost help to structure my response and fend them off. Most peeps are not so lucky and it costs money to fight back. Usually money people do not have.

As we get closer to the end of the tyranny of Obama, more people see that they don’t have to be afraid of the Bureaucrats because WE can run the clock out on them. What’s true for us regular peeps tends to be true for higher level peeps. Not EVERY fed is corrupt. Most are lazy. 5% are down right evil and with O, those are the ones in charge. Their day is ending and perhaps we can get a special FBI unit to specifically prosecute federal employee malfeasance. There’s lots of peeps near DC like me who could give the FBI LOTS of really great places to turn over the rock and disinfect via prosecution what is there. HUD and HHS are 2 areas where said FBI unit could have a field day.

• SharonKinDC says:

Trump a day or two ago mentioned something about ‘statute of limitations’ and there would be plenty of time for the new (Trump) Presidency to take on the criminality. He was speaking about Servergate, but I think one issue is once that can is peeled open, there will be JV BO and big ol’ ValJar worms crawling among the Clinton/Huma/Clinton Foundation Pay to Play ones.

• jello333 says:

Without going into details, I’ll say that I think Bush committed a number of crimes, and one of my hopes back during his 2nd term was that the next president would encourage investigations into them. But when that next president came along, he did nothing…. and now I know why: Because he, Obama, intended on not only continuing some of the same crimes, but going way beyond what Bush had done. So I was beginning to think that NO president would ever be held accountable by his/her successor, for any number of reasons.

But along comes Trump. THIS guy gives me hope that business as usual may be a thing of the past. Of course if true, that all by itself is enough to worry that huge powers are gonna be out to take Donald down. It’s gonna be tough enough for him to win the primaries and then the general… but once he does, maybe even tougher for him to make it to inauguration day.

• phil fan says:

True, we must pray for the safety of the Donald against the powers of evil… With all our hearts that the Will of God is fulfilling his mission to make America great again.

• phil fan says:

This very real possibility has got to have the current occupants of the WH and his abusive administration sweating. I predict the insufferable arrogance of this crew will now shift to placating future prosecutors by making nice = being far more responsive to the wishes of American citizens due to outright fear as above.

31. NVA Patriot says:

FYI – For all of the candidates spending, few candidates are spending in VA and it’s a big mistake. Why does this matter? Well, look back to 2012 and you notice only TWO candidates were able to get on the VA R primary ballot, Ron Paul and Romney. You need to spend a little time and $ in VA to get on the ballot.

Rules changed since 2012, but it’s still not easy to get on the ballot and it takes effort and $ to do it. So for all the money spent by candidates other than Trump, only 1 (Cruz) has a visible signature effort in VA. Team Trump has gotten over 2k signatures in by October and at the current rate will be guaranteed to be on the Primary Ballot. Some R committees are working to get all the candidates on the ballot, but I am aware some folks are unwilling to sign petitions for jeb!.

Knowing how VA’s primary qualification works, it’s amusing to listen to talking heads discuss the candidacies of Carson & Fiorina. They may not be on the VA ballot if they don’t get moving. I know that the longer you wait, the more $ you need to get the signatures to qualify. Here is a synopsis of the requirement, “The campaigns have until 5 p.m. on December 10 to get the required valid signatures – 5,000 registered Virginia voters statewide to include 200 from each of the 11 Congressional Districts.”

Sounds easy and it is for an organized business person playing to win. It takes effort and the effort is not being expended by many of these candidates. It’s especially funny when someone mentions VA Gov. Gilmore. He’s stopped being a player in VA the day he walked out of the VA Gov. mansion. I don’t think he knows 200 peeps in his own congressional district. He has ZERO VA presence and he was a former, winning governor.

Just thought folks would like to know about a key battleground state.

• ZurichMike says:

My brother lives in Virginia and is one of those who volunteered to get signatures and get them notarized (or whatever they need to do) for Trump. There is no problem getting people to sign for Trump — they even wait in line!

• sundance says:

Thank you so much for that ground report. Very much appreciated !!

• Mike says:

All Trump has to do is hold an event in Virginia with sign up booths outside… Done!

• NVA Patriot says:

Funny you should mention that. There might be someone on this thread who has a pretty good understanding of the Trump operation in Va. 😉

• SharonKinDC says:

Thanks. I know the rules are tough. Read Trump’s people actually have a professional outfit under contract to take care of this. As for Gilmore, the sad thing, is he was a good Governor and isn’t a stupid guy. Maybe a position in the Admin? I keep wondering what sort of dirt is on him, because it begs the question why he’s even in the race?

• SharonKinDC says:

After reading Zurich Mike’s encouraging post, perhaps he’s got the professional outfit for insurance, and perhaps some of the more sparsely populated areas?

• NVA Patriot says:

Insurance is why you get a professional outfit. 5k registered voters with 200 in each of the 11 congressional districts gets validated. They tossed Perry in 2012 because of validation (I recall, but may be mis-remembering) and Newt’s team got started late. You have paid staff coordinating volunteers and you have professionals work the Dem centric population centers.
          In VA the rural areas are well organized because the sparseness leaves the committed folks to run the show without a lot of ‘help’ from GOPe. In the population centers is where you tend to have headaches.

32. Rick says:

I was honored that Donald Trump retweeted me tonight.
    Yes, he does listen to Vulgarians!
    TRUMP 2016

33. Melania for 1st Lady says:

The Donald is starting to get a lot of endorsements from state senators and state representatives. I am e-mailing my state senators/reps right now and will be calling them tomorrow to tell them that this humble constituent/voter wants them to endorse TRUMP! I suggest you all do likewise!

34. I was having so much fun reading everyone else’s comments by the time I got to the bottom and the form, I had forgotten what I had planned on saying. My bad…… 🙂

35. liberty2828 says:

This is typical Trump…. Under budget and ahead of schedule to be the Republican nominee!

36. prescient11 says:

I want to say this of the Treehouse and Sundance, thank you so much for all that you have done. I usually like to swear a lot in the comments I make on blogs, so that is my only critique! I have bought a ton of Trump stuff, shirts and hats, because no matter what happens, I want to have a record of the one, only chance that we have left to save our country. For our history, for our posterity. It is either now with Trump or the country is lost. That is what it means to me. I encourage everyone here to get off their asses, MOBILIZE, contact the campaign and offer to volunteer. I’ve already contacted someone about becoming a delegate and going door to door. If we all MOBILIZE, I do not think we can be stopped. God Bless.

37. Grandtrines says:

Reblogged this on Lost Dudeist Astrology.

38. Doodahdaze says:

Trump has got it. Who is going to beat him? Nobody. The people are done with the crooks. Both parties crooks. He is so far ahead of his original schedule. He is surprised how easy it is. Just look at his competition.

• SharonKinDC says:

Just watched Carson on Fox. Forgot to turn it off before Meeagain came on. He really is a lovely man. Talked at length about values, really. Rising up on effort/merit v. ‘free stuff’. He did explain a bit on a very basic level some economic principals. Not once, though, was he asked about specifics. So while he sounds nice, kind, good heart… well, I could go listen to a sermon for the same. The thing is, for the most part, he gets away with that w/ all MSM. Even brash BOR treated Carson like a young virgin on her wedding night. Very gentle. Oy.

• Raffaella says:

I know I have noticed that too. He gets treated so gently and Donald is always treated so harsh and condescending. Just not fair.

• NVA Patriot says:

Donald Trump is from the Northeast, he’s 69. There was a culture in the northeast at the time Trump grew up. I grew up in that culture as it was ending, largely due to HUD. Trump THRIVES on their condescension. It’s like pouring jet fuel on a bonfire. in that culture you had to learn to be tough, and stand up for yourself. if you did anything wrong, you lived in real fear that a neighbor or teacher would report your bad behavior to your parents. Fighting and pushing back was an hourly exercise in that culture. Your friends were friends and your neighborhood and town were to be protected.

The more they play rudeness games the more a n’eastrner digs in and fights back.

The 40 somethings that are challenging him have no comprehension of this culture or its implications. O’reilly does know this culture, hence his more careful approach to Trump.

39. NJF says:

This post put a big ‘ol smile on my face!!!! Thank you everyone for all of your great comments, and Thank you SD & CTH 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

All the news casts were discussing the 3rd qtr money, and the way all these other candidates were spending as if it were water. Including Ben Carson. He’s treating himself to quite a number of $1000 dinners, and private jets. The best was the cut backs team Yeb are experiencing. I kid you not, one of the stations was detailing that he went from private jets/limos & 4 star hotels, to traveling via commercial flights and rental cars while sleeping in more modest accommodations. LOL

as many have commented, this just proves that a successful businessman will run circles around a career politician who has never put in an honest day’s work in their life.

There is no excuse for the amount of money that govt wastes on a daily basis, and Trump has already started to discuss how he’ll slash spending and waste.

I remember trying to explain this to my two kids the last time we had a govt shutdown over the debt ceiling & the “fiscal cliff.” We had just watched Obozo and the dims on TV ranting about how they were willing to cut spending but the mean old conservatives still weren’t satisfied.

I had to explain to the kids that “spending less” isn’t the same as “cutting the budget.” The convo went something like this. “we give you $20 a week for school lunch. One week you realize you’ve spent more than you should, and the bill is $35 instead of $20. Wow, how did that happen? ….oh well, no biggie, they’ll just give an IOU slip. The next week you realize, gee, maybe I should stick to my budget, cause there is that $15 IOU. Then bam, on Friday, they have some really special cookies in the cafeteria, What to do, what to do? These cookies look fabulous, they have m&ms and everything! Hmmmm, What’s the big deal? It’s only an extra $5, and the 100 on that math quiz has to be worth something….so yea, why not? It’s only </> $5 more….its still less than last week, right?”

My 12 YO son’s eyes bugged out of his head as he said, “OMG mom now I get it…..but wait, are you saying that’s what the govt does?”

Pretty much.,,.

40. JoeS says:

I really get the feeling that there is going to be shift one of these weeks, and the whole GOP is going to break for Trump. I think it is going to be sudden!

• ImpeachEmAll says:

The day Iran test a long range missile
      and it lands in Karl Rove’s backyard. 😉

• tappin52 says:

I think you may be right. People do like to back a strong horse and Trump is the only one right now. There really is no appetite for propping up Jeb anymore, IMHO. At some point, even the splitter supporters have got to realize that their efforts are futile and they don’t want to tool like complete fools. They are going to have to salvage some credibility.

• Raffaella says:

I think you are right. It will be sooner than later. If Donald performs well in the next debate (he will because it is about economy), then after his SNL hosting in early November, his support will reach critical mass.

41. hocuspocus13 says:

TRUMP…AMERICAN ROYALTY 🇺🇸

42. mpmp2015 says:

GENIUS!!! Winning!!! Go Trump!!!

And yes, for all the doubters, he will get Mexico to pay for the wall!

43. lovely says:

Trump spent less money in 4 months on the campaign trail than Obama spent for two months of traveling for fundraisers and golf vacations.

Oh and of course Trump is spending his own money while Obama is living off government benefits.

Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained records from the U.S. Department of the Air Force revealing that Barack Obama’s February and March 2015 travel for golf vacations and fundraisers totaled $4,436,245.50 in taxpayer-funded transportation expenses

44. Nanny G says:

Politio (ugh!) slammed Trump today for PAYING the Biltmore Hotel ($5,000) after they rented a convention room then had to move to a stadium to accommodate huge crowds.
    How many pols, in the past, have stiffed on their bills? No expose on them???
    I am proud that Trump paid for what he tied up at the Biltmore.
    You can only lease out available space and he tied up that space.
    Politico is sputtering mad over Trump!

• Athena the Warrior says:

Just checked. Boy are they some angry people over there. Not too savvy either. They can’t get past people voluntarily donating money so they call him a liar for using the funds against what he’ s spending.

That’s just great business! That business acumen is what will get us out of debt. Oh BTW, we’re stupid for donating to him. Yikes!

• John Galt says:

“I am proud that Trump paid for what he tied up at the Biltmore.”

Politico outraged that real estate magnate and Biltmore both understand the principles of options?

• jello333 says:

Wow…. that is one of the more hypocritical, biased, dishonest things I’ve heard it awhile. But actually, though, I’m not sure why ANYTHING the media does surprises me anymore.

45. SouthCentralPA says:

Well, now if I ever found a town I know what to call it (Splodey Head)

46. jameswlee2014 says:

It should be noted that Mr. Trump’s personal income is $1,000,000.00 PER DAY!!

This: ““Mr. Trump made a contribution of $100,779 during this quarter” equals about 2 hours and 10 minutes of Mr. Trump’s daily income. His total expenditure to date, $1,909,576, equals less than 2 days of income.

As for Bush, his campaign is a shining example of the old marketing maxim:

“Nothing kills a bad product faster than good advertising.”

Jeb is finished. Marco is finished. The GOPe is finished at least with respect to this presidential campaign. Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee and we will see how loyal are those who insisted that Trump sign the pledge.

47. Pingback: Donald Trump Is Not Who You Think He Is – Onyx Truth