As if on cue the Salem Media machine starts singing the praises of Representative Paul Ryan for Speaker of the House.   ~ GOOD TIME TO REMEMBER THIS ~

No-one needed any further evidence of how insufferably corrupt the progressive republican party has become; however, today is a brutal reminder of just how much the GOPe absolutely despise the base of their own party.

hugh hewittRomney Ryan 2

There were three names available for the secret ballot to take place in congress, Kevin McCarthy, Jason Chaffetz and Daniel Webster.  While each of the aforementioned names carry both pros and cons, an objective person would have to ask why, if only one name is withdrawn (McCarthy), the House Leadership wouldn’t continue with the secret ballot with the two remaining names.

The decision to stop the vote is yet another blast of sunlight to evidence of what almost every Republican Conservative is now fully aware.  Namely the progressive GOPe will not allow a leadership election to take place without “their chosen progressive” as the ultimate winning nominee.  The uniparty has a strong grip.

Now there is a full court press to make Wisconsin Representative, and former Mitt Romney GOPe running mate, Paul Ryan, the next Speaker of the House.  And the progressive republican party will not take NO for an answer – you will accept him. Period.

The Republican and GOPe media advocates claim it is imperative for the Speaker of the House to represent the entire house, including Democrats, and therefore must be “above politics”.  Horsepucky!

Did you ever see Democrats considering or asking republicans if Nancy Pelosi was okay?  Was there ever a more partisan Speaker than Nancy Pelosi?  Yet, for some insufferable reason this is the approach of the RINO/GOPe caucus and the water-carrying media of high brow pontificates.  Allow me to present the next thousand words via imagery.

Remember this ?

Pelosi Gavel

Yeah, how about that “bi-partisan” representation?

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Election 2016, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Professional Idiots. Bookmark the permalink.

169 Responses to Progressive Republican Caucus (GOPe) Prepare To Force Rep. Paul Ryan Upon House of Representatives…

1. Sentient says:

Hugh Hewitt sure has a face for radio.

2. Doodahdaze says:

Paul Ryno is the last one standing of the 2010 Fab Four. They used the Tea Party. Take Ryno out and it is the REVENGE OF THE Tea Party. They suck! Cantor…gone…Boner….gone…McCarthy….gone…Paul Ryno ….last stand.

3. Sentient says:

I hope the Freedom Caucus hangs tough against Paul Ryno. Make Hugh Hewitt’s head explode.

• Doodahdaze says:

Ryno Sucks!

• FireAm 85 says:

Rove inc. is in panic mode. Trump is giving the FC incentive to fight. They need to “double down”, voters know the truth.

• Doodahdaze says:

Why spend 20 million on TV. Just pay the lawyer shills on tv more money. They are well trained shills and good at what they do. They can advocate for either side. The democrats have the best ones. They are really good. Republicans have boobs like Bill O-riely and Smeggyn Smelley. Ugghhh. What dopes.

• liberty2828 says:

Doodah… you are hilarious!

• fred says:

I have never heard such a love fest from FOX news. They even rolled out Frank Luntz. I used to read salon just to see what the kooks point of view was and how propaganda worked…. Now I look to FOX news for all that. I watch them to see how they move almost exactly like Sundance predicts. It makes watching a whole lot better to see the hidden motives and secret words. For anthing factual I never consider them. They are just like the GOP and must be because Rove got his greezzy fingers in there somehow even with Meygan….Still there are many of us and we can move ahead without these guys and by the grace of God be led out of this bog.

4. RP says:

GOPe in a bind because whoever they prop will likely face an all out battle from we the people (that matter) for reelection next year. Surely pouring over the maps as we speak trying to find acceptable alternatives in safe districts. Paul Ryan knows his future as a congressman is much less secure if he accepts the Speaker position…no doubt the powers are drafting an offer package that includes multi off-shore accounts, cushy jobs for Ryan’s family and associates and guaranteed soft landing in some major wall street company or lobby outfit as an insurance policy.

• Doodahdaze says:

The last Ryno.

• winky says:

Why would they think Ryan would be more acceptable than Boeher when he has supported everything Bohner and McConnell have sided with Obama on….perhaps they think we do not know what his voting record is….O”REILLEY was really stupid today when he said the ONLY resolution was to vote for RYAN….Does he think we are not aware that Ryan is no different than Cantor or Boehner or Mccarthy???

• RP says:

Hey winky, reread this article SD put together. I pretty much sums it up that THEY DON’T CARE who we the people find acceptable. All they care about is fulfilling their deals with the Chamber of Commerce and other special interests who donate big $$$ to their club.

Regarding BOR, nothing is mistaken or off script, especially at Fox, especially these modern days. BOR was probably called in to be on The 5 right the minute after McCarthy pulled out with marching orders to push the Paul Ryan string…

• winky says:

BOR is not stupid and if he was called on the carpet for what he tried to sell us he would agree….he is just hoping no one will say anything and I do agree he was told what to say but he cannot make a LIE the TRUTH….Ryan’s record is out there and if one said to him….”Hey O Rilley what kind of bunk are you trying to sell us when this guy is the same as Boehner” he could not disprove that with facts. Ryan has taken huge amounts of money for support of these disastrous things (TPP) he as helped pass and it is all out there….THESE ARE THE VERY THINGS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE GOT RID OF CANTOR AND BOEHNER FOR…….Just more of the same….that is why Boehner wants him

• BigMamaTEA says:

winky, write BOR and tell him the facts. (It is possible that he needs to be informed.)

Then, if he doesn’t correct himself, let us know.

• winky says:

I think you are trying to pull my chain….. I believe he knows Paul Ryan is another Boenher…it is all over breitbart in the comments….There are many who are against it…..It would take a guest on his show to embarrass him and show him he is not buying the Kool-Aid….NOT LITTLE OLD ME!! Perhaps a Mark Levin on Hannity cause he will not appear on BOR

• BigMamaTEA says:

Who knows. {But I was really serious. If you watch BOR , he needs YOUR input.}
                I stopped watching him YEARS ago. (He’s kind of slow to get truthful research) I just assumed he was so busy writing books and touring at the time, that he was getting his research from some peon staffer.

• fred says:

Rove told him what to say. Pathetic huh…..

• redlegleader says:

I sure hope so; I did notice in passing this morning that some member of the Freedom Caucus resigned from the group.

5. patrickhenryrevisited says:

The War on Constituents continues……………………….

6. Geela says:

Was watching The Five today to see their reaction to this news. Bill O’Reilly was their guest. His response made me laugh out loud. He said he had no idea why McCarthy stepped down, but wanted the Congress to know that the only resolution to this situation was to vote for Paul Ryan. Ha! Guess he got his talking points memo from Rupert. They are all so transparent now.

7. jackphatz says:

Ryan could not effectively debate Biden when it was his one job to do so. Now he’ll be absolutely trounced by a whole cabal of Democrats. So, does that mean it was his turn…at something?

• bofh says:

“Now he’ll be absolutely trounced by a whole cabal of Democrats.”

Which is exactly why Nanzi will allow as many of her Ds to vote for Ryan as are needed to make up for the lost conservative R votes. Bipartisan nirvana.

8. RINOKiller says:

Having this little weasel to run for speaker is like asking RINOmey to run for President again

9. yohio says:

It’s funny anymore that at certain times, when I might have watched hannity or O’Reilly I might think what the heck or they make a good point. Now if watch in passing I analyze why they would be saying that because now I understand everything they say and do has an agenda behind it.

• Very hard to un-see the Uniparty strings.

• Doodahdaze says:

Hot Damn! Me too.Billo Rino I always knew. Hannity is a recent revelation. Mr. Neutral. He has not made up his mind kine shill.

• Hannity is allowed to be the most conservative of the RINO propaganda shills.

As a contrast, Rush is completely off the reservation, he is speaking more true conservative now than ever before.

Just remember Hannity gets a paycheck from Fox, that comes with strings attached. I like Hannity and to listen to him sometimes but he will only go so far. You can tell, he is muzzled.

He has been kind to Trump for sure but when he interviewed JEB it was more softballs than a girls little league game.

10. 1hear2learn says:

If Ryan goes down, how much you want to bet the secret vote won’t be so secret? 😉

11. William Olds says:

My head is going to explode if Sean Hannity says even one more time that the GOP establishment in the House (under Bainer or the next RINO who comes along) isn’t acting in our interests because they lack courage, are afraid they’ll be blamed for a gov. shut down, or they are timid. This is bull ony. We are not going to turn the ship of state around until all conservatives are fully informed about the motives and operational methods of the RINOs and the GOPe. Truth lives here.

• Avogadra says:

Hannity is just echoing Rush Limbaugh. Rush keeps saying that the Republicans lack courage. He won’t ever say that the GOPe are bought-and-paid-for progressives just like the Dems. Any impression they may give to the contrary is just to make us think that there are two parties and not one.

12. Sam says:

Years ago, I thought Paul Ryan was one of the good guys. Then I watched him get destroyed in a debate by clueless blowhard Joe Biden. It looked like Ryan wasn’t even trying.

Sundance’s GOPe, Uniparty, RNC/CoC splitter explanation made so much sense and explains GOPe actions and inactions. Only Trump can destroy the GOPe and I hope he does.

• bofh says:

You’ve summed it up well. Ryan clearly tanked the “debate” with Slow Joe. He must have. Because he couldn’t possibly actually be that stupid.

• IntoTheFray says:

“Ryan clearly tanked the “debate” with Slow Joe.”
        As did Mittens to Obama in debates 2 & 3. Both were way to obvious. So I believe the GOPe is the reason we got Obama for a second term. The GOPe are corrupt scum.

• I don’t believe that the GOPe betrayed us out of the blue. I’ve come to believe that the left infiltrated the “consultant class” very heavily, by concentrating their propaganda on those who have been advising Republicans for the last 50 years. I think that many of the people who’ve taken part in the process aren’t even fully aware of their roles, although with some retrospect, they could probably see how they were used to change Republican minds in key ways, or to change the minds of those who change the minds of Republicans. Most of all, the game would be to push the idea of some kind of inevitability of the left’s path “forward”. That is the key idea which has led the GOPe astray.

13. rodney says:

RINO Ryan, I never trusted the guy because he never held a real job in his life. He’s like Rubio, a professional political parasite dependent on finding a rich host to leech off of.

On top of that he’s a bit of a creep. Nothing nice about the guy, nothing.

14. grimjim2015 says:

Make no mistake, the progressive RINOs are part of an insane cult(leftover Trotskyists from the 60’s who infiltrated the right), a homicidal cult that will destroy the nation every bit as their ideological hero Leon Trotsky did to Russia in his Red Revolution. Some of the players are too stupid and blind to see the end result of what they are doing, most are so blinded by a little cash and their devotion to their deranged way of thinking they simply don’t care. they are driven like madmen. Money is part of what motivates them, but they are hard core ideologues baptized and fermented in Cultural Marxism. They cannot be reasoned with. If it was only about money, Trump could dangle a few bucks in front of them and have them dance for him right now, the fact that they aren’t is proof that they dance for their cause, not for financial gain alone.

The RINO is every single bit as dangerous as a far leftist because death and destruction is what each brings although the RINOs keep the system going for a little longer. It just may be they do it because they are sadists, not out of mercy. The RINO and the leftists are very much the same beyond their cheap veneer of BS rhetoric.

If we cannot break the RINO stranglehold on the republican party we, as a nation, are doomed. Donald Trump in 2016 is our only hope.

15. lovely says:

Chief Obamatrade proponent House Ways and Means Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) admitted during Congressional testimony on Wednesday evening that despite tons of claims from him and other Obamatrade supporters to the contrary, the process is highly secretive.

He also made a gaffe in his House Rules Committee testimony on par with former Speaker Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)’s push to pass Obamacare, in which she said infamously said: “we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

“It’s declassified and made public once it’s agreed to,” Ryan said of Obamatrade in Rules Committee testimony on Wednesday during questioning from Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX)

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

16. Doodahdaze says:

For the Cruz peeps. Pay close attention to the Texas Splitter. His panties are showing.

• Eskie Mom says:

I knew this effeminate little snake would expose himself, but I didn’t expect it to be this soon. This guy’s as delusional as 0bama is. America won’t have him.

• Venus says:

First — Seriously how can Cruz be the Texas splitter when, as Sundance has explained many times, the primary was designed to STOP Cruz and wrap up the nomination for Jeb! It was only the entry of Trump that blew the plan up. Perry was the Texas “splitter.”

Second — I read the article — in answer to a direct question of whether Trump would be the nominee to a guy who is ALSO running to be nominee,WTF is he supposed to answer “Why yes, even though I’m running for the nomination, I think Trump will be the nominee?” B.S. — NO ONE running for the nomination would say the other guy is going to win. It is ridiculous to expect otherwise.

• stringy theory says:

All he had to say is that this is a long race and I’m in it for the distance. Going on to say Trump will lose and all his support will swing to me was a very bad move. It suggests he’s delusional about this primary.

• Venus says:

Splitting hairs, IMO. He isn’t obligated to try to HELP Trump win the nomination — unless you are saying he’s Trump’s “splitter.” He’s trying to win it for himself.
          And frankly, he’s right. I supported Cruz until Trump got in — I switched my support Trump. But if Trump drops out for some reason, Cruz is the ONLY other candidate in the field whom I’ll support. Otherwise, I’ll sit home on election day.

• stringy theory says:

Cruz is in single digits. He has no business saying Trump will drop out. I can tell you for sure I won’t vote for Cruz under any circumstances. Cruz screwed up big time yesterday and everyone can see that.

• peachteachr says:

I so like Ted Cruz, Venus. I shall vote for Trump and say good things about Trump because I think this election may be the ONLY time we can save our country.
            I saw a video of Cruz debating, asking questions of, the president of The Sierra Club about Global Warming (I know they want us to call it Climate Change now cause the earth is not warming so I’m going to stick with their old name). Cruz wiped the floor with him. His own aid was sitting behind Mr. Hair and finally put his head in his arm and was laughing at his own boss. So, like you, Cruz is my fall back guy.

• Jasper says:

I don’t get these Cruz haters… Cruz and Trump are on the same team >>> destroy the GOPe. What happens if for some unforeseen circumstance Trump wants/needs to drop out? What then Cruz haters?

17. Rumor has it Ryan will announce his run for speakership in the morning.

18. Paco Loco says:

This is Washington power politics at its best. All of these guys, especially Ryan, are owned by the party elites and the power brokers who finance this charade. The MSM whores are their cheerleaders. It’s going to take a lot more than Trump being elected President to drain this fetid DC swamp.

19. lovely says:

“Kevin McCarthy is best person to lead the House, and so I’m disappointed in this decision. Now it is important that we, as a Conference, take time to deliberate and seek new candidates for the speakership. While I am grateful for the encouragement I’ve received, I will not be a candidate. I continue to believe I can best serve the country and this conference as Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.” Paul Ryan

Translation, “What is in it for me?”

And hey Paul there were already other candidates already available.

20. ed357 says:

Ryan is a loser.

21. yakmaster2 says:

Frank Luntz was apoleptic on The Kelly File over Kevin McCarthy’s bow out. He blamed Conservative reps in the House, but said he wasn’t going to “name names” because the politics of it was nasty. (Yeah, because pollster Frank is so apolitical.) He lectured those renegade Reps on their job of representing not just their Conservative base, but all their constituents— as Martha McCallum head bobbed her way through his comments.
    His eulogy for the dead hopes of the GOPe House leadership was bitter. All hope is lost, the ship’s Captain and First Mate went overboard and it’s going down!
    Silly me. I used to think Frank was a neutral Focus Group guy taking the temperature of average voting Americans. Instead, he’s a GOPe advocate and dedicated operative just like so many other Fox talking heads.

• Doodahdaze says:

Nobody who listens to Duntz’s advice ever wins.His bogus focus groups with his gizmo’s and dials are a joke. Just say no, to Paul Ryno.

• peachteachr says:

Could Lunz please use some of his salary and buy a better hairpiece? And, what is the name of the color of his present hairpiece? It doesn’t occur in nature.
        BTW, Fox just said Ryan will take the weekend to decide on the Speaker’s job.

• stringy theory says:

Luntz is just a paid shill for faux. When he’s told to jump, his first question to his faux masters is “how high?”

22. Juan says:

With only 40 members the Freedom Caucus just doesn’t have enough clout. The Progressive Caucus has almost 70. The rest are all members of the Uniparty. The solution is to elect more actual conservatives & defeat progressives & Uniparty candidates.

If the Freedom Caucus had even 60 members the Uniparty (GOPe) would be shaking in their boots & the talk of Paul Ryan would be falling on deaf ears. Sadly, I don’t see it happening. Once they are Uniparty incumbents, they pretty much are re-elected time after time.

• PatriotKate says:

I read somewhere that, while the Freedom Caucus is only about 40 members, there were actually some additional 80 members who were not supporting McCarthy – that’s 120 – half of the Republican House. Even Congressman Walter Jones is not a member of the Freedom Caucus (there’s also a Liberty Caucus).

We need to get on the phone today and call our Representatives and say NO TO RYAN.

• Doodahdaze says:

The truth is that all of the RINO have to have Tea Party votes to get elected. That is big power. If the Tea Party people in their district abstain they lose. All of them. That power is projected through the 40.

• peachteachr says:

I’m confused, Doodah. Is the “Freedom Caucus” what the members of the House are calling the Conservative Caucus? I am guessing they are the same since both groups claim 40 members.

23. three by one says:

Ryan showed his stripes on the trade bill.

Just like Pelosi, “we have to pass it before you can know what’s in it*

*except the stuff that is kept secret for another five years.

Paul Ryan = sellout.

Bought and paid for traitor. Not just no, HELL NO.

Every blasted congress critter needs to know their re-election hangs in the balance. Every last one.

24. texasgypsy53 says:

I’d rather have Newt than Ryan. Besides,I think he would like to do some payback to the house RINOs

25. 2x4x8 says:

Field of Dreams

if Conservatives build it they (voters) will come

26. flawesttexas says:

Paul Ryan as Speaker would be Nutsy Nancy Pelosi’s puppet.

Good Grief the GOPe is clueless

27. mrscribbler says:

I haven’t listened — or paid attention — to Hugh Hewitt in, well, decades. Not because of his so-called principles ( wasn’t aware he had any) but because he comes across as a smarmy doofus.

That he is part of the Salem Communications Get-Trump Machines doesn’t surprise me. I occasionally look in at a couple of their websites — Tepid Air and RudeState (don’t think I’ve ever visited Clownhall) — and have seen how Ed “Poppin’ Fresh” Morrissey and his trained monkeys jabber impotently about Trump and promote their squishy favorites. I’ve seen how a website not owned by Salem but supposedly “independent” hangs on to Morrissey’s coattails and uses Tepid Air links as “content.”

All these individuals are, of course, entitled to their opinions. I’m entitled to find them pathetic. So we’re all happy.

28. oldgrunt68 says:

I don’t believe Ryan will give up Ways and Means Committee.

• canadacan says:

I don’t think he will either. I don’t think he wants to commit suicide

• Doodahdaze says:

He is “thinking it over with his fambly for the weekend.” Translation, he will do it if they can break enough legs in the Freedom Caucus. They are pulling every bit of dirt out they can to blackmail them.

• Crystal says:

One of Greta’s guests said last night that being Speaker is a lousy job, that Ryan was offered the Majority position a few years ago and turned it down (saying he has young kids) and that if Ryan had any aspirations to run for the presidency sometime down the road, being Speaker would just about kill his chances. I thought all of it was very interesting. Plus, I know he wants Ways & Means as he wants to reform the tax code.

29. Stinky-Inky says:

The moral turpitude, skeletons-in-the-closet speech sank McCarthy and probably 95% of the other congressmen. But it also revealed what we have suspected for a long time. Boehner was compromised years ago and that’s why he was such an ineffective speaker. Rep. Jones isn’t worried about a morally corrupt speaker being forced to resign. That’s so 1990s. By today’s standards, resigning is honorable. Jones is worried about a morally corrupt speaker staying in power and sabotaging any attempt to pass conservative legislation because the opposition and/or our elite overlords are blackmailing him.

30. manickernel says:

The real question here. Does DHS approve of the choice? I am EXTREMELY interested in where the investigation of the wiki edit against McCarthy goes, not that I was a fan of McCarthy, but that if Obama and DHS are doing this it will make Hoover look like a choirboy. Who else have they blackmailed into submission?

31. Like

32. tempo150101 says:

Jason Chaffetz is Mike Dukakis’ stepson.

33. jeans2nd says:

Someone on local radio just suggested calling Tom Delay back to be Speaker. Hmmm…

34. TPP Ryan. Made in Uniparty.

35. itsy_bitsy says:

No! No! A thousand times NO!

36. Doodahdaze says:

Paul Ryno will make a perfect minority leader in 2017. That is what he will be if they put him in.

37. Josie says:

I recall Hugh Hewitt declaring the after the “debate” which he moderated Kasich, Walker and Rubio would SURGE! I tell ya SURGE! He was so smart and sure of himself. Well, we now know his analysis is crap. I can’t really listen to him anymore, even with Mark Steyn as guest.

38. Pingback: GOPe Prepare To Force Rep. Paul Ryan Upon House of Representatives |

39. three by one says:

Send emails to Rove begging him to push Jeb! for Speaker.

It’s the closest he will ever get to POTUS. 😉

40. Polish Rifle says:

CNN’s Brooke Baldwin (she of the Fix-A-Flat filled cheekbones) just grilled the Freedomworks CEO, Adam Brandon. She actually yammered that the Freedom Coalition is preventing Congress from working in a productive BIPARTISAN manner.

41. Juan says:

Just what you’d expect from the GOP … a speaker supported by none other than Rep. Luis Gutierrez … Mr Amnesty For Illegals … the name works for Ryno too.

42. Alas, poor Daniel! I knew him well!

Overhaul of Florida’s Districts Hurts Would-Be House Speaker

A Florida judge called Friday for a sweeping overhaul of the state’s 27 congressional districts, including one held by one of the Republicans seeking to become the next U.S. House speaker.

Judge Terry Lewis recommended a new congressional map that would make it nearly impossible for U.S. Rep. Dan Webster — one of the hard-line conservatives who pushed John Boehner to resign as speaker and then turned on Boehner’s No. 2, Kevin McCarthy — to win re-election from his current central Florida district. The ruling also could lead to the ouster of Democratic U.S. Rep. Gwen Graham from her north Florida seat while resurrecting the political career of former Gov. Charlie Crist

Terry P. Lewis is a judge on the Second Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. He was appointed to that court in 1998 by Governor Lawton Chiles, after serving as a Leon County Court judge from 1989. Lewis is best known for overseeing the Florida recount during the 2000 US presidential election.

And the man who appointed him, “Walkin Lawton” Chiles:

• peachteachr says:

This plan lead the local news down here. It will literally run a parallel line through Tallahassee and it’s county. Florida has just a few counties, 15-20, I think. Georgia has lots of small counties. Rep. Gwen Graham (D) was the one on the news tonight and said to expect a court challenge.

43. manickernel says:

This is Trey Gowdy’s take on the situation, from a couple days ago.

“I don’t have a background in mental health, so I wouldn’t have the right qualifications to lead right now,” he says. Who wants you to be in leadership? “No friend does,” he says.

Gowdy is in his third term: a former prosecutor, product of the 2010 elections, member of the original tea party class. Like many of his classmates, he began his tenure by looking to Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) as a role model. Now, in the current House environment, Gowdy said Ryan’s lack of interest in running for leadership speaks volumes.

“To me, just speaking as one member, the smartest kid in the class is Paul Ryan,” Gowdy said. “If I had one draft choice and I was starting a new country, I would draft Paul to run it. Not because I agree with him on everything, but because he’s super, super smart. And when someone is super, super smart and is not interested, that tells you something. It tells me a lot.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article38061249.html#storylink=cpy

44. lovely says:

“Paul’s looking at it but it’s his decision,” McCarthy said on CNN. “If he decides to do it, he’ll be an amazing speaker but he’s got to decide on his own.”

On his own LOL what a joke, these guys don’t button their underwear on their own.

They are rolling out the red carpet for their 2020/2024 nominee.

45. e.g.g. says:

Robert Costa @ costareports Tweeted that the Republican Congress was a “banana republic”
    LOL. So True!

46. Pingback: Back to the Future: Newt Gingrich Volunteers Himself to Replace Boehner | Titanic Brass