Texas Teen Takes Briefcase Clock To School – Creates A Stir….

The media is so full of obfuscation with this story it’s quite funny.

If you were to read any of a number of articles (EXAMPLE HERE) about Ahmed Mohamed and his “clock” he brought to school, you’d never quite get the picture of what this “clock” looked like. Well here it is:

Ahmed Hohamed ClockThis is what he carried into school

There is a particular amount of hypocrisy on the left circling this story. A Caucasian kid chews a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun, gets suspended from school and liberals – meh, no-one cares. A Muslim kid takes this “briefcase clock” into school, gets suspended, and liberals are apoplectic.

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

205 Responses to Texas Teen Takes Briefcase Clock To School – Creates A Stir….

1. Sorry if this was brought up but it was beeping. That’s how it got called to everyone’s attention. His little box of wires was beeping.

• JohnP says:

I mentioned that on the daily thread. The only reason he was suspended is because it disputed the class.

• JohnP says:

Pardon my spellcheck – DISRUPTED

• peachteachr says:

I don’t think that is quite correct, John P. The police were called and said they would have arrested anyone with a similar device. He showed it to his engineering teacher during 1st period and the teacher told him not to show it to anyone else. You are correct that it beeped during class and here we are. The fault lies with that 1st teacher. No matter your nationality or color, that should have been reported if it was not a school project or there was not a science fair that day.

• BillDes says:

I agreed with everything except “The fault lies with that 1st teacher.”

My wife is an eighth grade teacher, I explained her the whole situation and asked her opinion.

With no hesitation she said the kid was being a smart ass. She’s seen it all from 8th graders, and I have very little doubt she is right.

Despite the spin the liberal media is putting on this, I don’t blame the teacher at all for disciplining the smart ass with the bleeping brief case. In the age of “zero tolerance” we live in, this is a clear cut case of suspension.

• PAvolley says:

Our school would have gone into lockdown and the County bomb squad called to investigate. While I don’t agree with handcuffing the student, he definitely brought an item to school that incited terror. Wait until he tries taking it on the plane to visit Barry at the Whitehouse. Tell me TSA et al would not investigate and interrogate as if it was an IED. Or will Barry send AF1 on our dime so Ahmed doesn’t get TSA groped? Yes, Science is great and kids should be inspired, until your Ideology takes over. Was this science, or cobbling electronics together? The first teacher should have held onto the device until end of day for the student. They had the knowledge of it not being a bomb, but realized it would be a problem if he showed it to other teachers who would not be able to discern what the device is and isn’t. What’s that behind the huge LED display Ahmed??? What are these wires going into the briefcase panel??? This very well could have been a probe, and now everyone knows a kid can walk into your school with a briefcase full of electronics.

• Chitownmom says:

I agree. And that’s the delicious irony to me… that the liberals who forced this ridiculous “zero tolerance” approach in schools are now hoisted by their own petard.

• Johnstoirvin says:

Where “zero tolerance” exists, common sense, understanding and open minds are neither required nor desired.

• auscitizenmom says:

This could have been a disaster. And, the first teacher was probably afraid to say anything.

• peachteachr says:

That was what I meant to say in my post above. The family had CAIR on speed dial. This was a planned event. I have no idea what their purpose was but they had one. The 1st teacher was guilty of malpractice, imo.

• John Galt says:

He should be in jail for bringing a simulated bomb to school.

• Sniffy Pop says:

Oh NO NO NO!!!!!!!

There is much more to this story. If you thought this did not pass the smell test. Read what this special little snowflake was really up to.

• auscitizenmom says:

EVERYBODY here needs to read this. It explains everything we have all been saying here. This was a total setup. No doubt about it. To get a reaction, he had to plug in, or unplug the so called clock IN ENGLISH CLASS to make it beep and then, showed it to the English teacher afterwards. So, nobody took the bait until he forced the issue. Then, he wouldn’t give the cops a straight answer, which his parents won’t allow to be released to the public. And, the family connections are unmistakably extreme muslim connections. After reading this, I have to wonder if our Faux-Pres Obozo had prior knowledge of what was going to happen from CAIR.

2. JohnP says:

At ages 13 and 15 my two sons built one of these in my basement.

It emulates 6.000 video games. The only thing I did was cut the plywood. All the procurement, wiring, programing and mounting they did on their own.

They didn’t get invited to the White House.

• JohnP says:

They were and are still scary little SOBs, and far to smart to be mine. I think their mother lied to me.

• B. Rodregas says:

” I think their mother lied to me.”..ROFLMAO!… I just wasn’t into video games that much, but seeing the one in your pic I almost want to try doing one myself!!.. a friend and I did do something similar in university, building a PC and monitor into a desk…
        (Actually, to this day I still have the old WWII Navy Oscilloscope I my dad got me as a kid. I dismantled it about 15 years ago and turned it into a PC.. and although it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles it did over the years… it is still housing the PC I am posting this from…LOL!… once a geek… always a geek! LOL! )

3. peachteachr says:

As a retired kindergarten teacher, I am deeply disturbed by this attack by this child today, who had CAIR on speed dial. Didn’t the 9-11 hijackers do exactly this, take a test flight to perfect their technique? I don’t think the plan was to bomb the school; the plan is to make us look Islamophobic, AGAIN! So, will it be OK if he manufactures a pressure cooker and brings it next week?
    On a teacher’s certificate, it reads that I am “in loco parentis” (in lieu of the parent) and I took that requirement very seriously and the majority of my peers felt the same. After Columbine and Sandy Hook, the rules changed. I, for one, do not believe that young man and his family did not understand this.

4. Goodoldboy66 says:

This was staged by Obama

5. James F says:

This kid and his parents/handlers knew exactly what they were doong and what they hoped to accomplish.

• Mark S says:

Just curious. What is the source of that briefcase bomb picture? To me, as someone who knows nothing about bombs, but does have expert knowledge of digital systems and engineering prototypes of same, “bomb” wouldn’t even cross my mind looking at either of those pictures. I can provide pictures of similar looking devices I have been regularly carrying on commercial flights over the past 30 years or so. They go through the x-ray screeners and once in a great while I’ll get asked to perform the “expert TSA test”. That is plug it in, turn it on, and if a light comes on to show it is “working”, I get to go on my way.

• Dems B. Dcvrs says:

I get your point. The “actual suitcase bomb” looks overtly complex. But it may have been designed with remote arming, remote triggering, pressure change activation, monitoring circuits to prevent disarming, or proximity fuse.

• James F says:

It comes from a commenter at this forum who claims to have IED recognition training.

• Mark S says:

Thanks for the link. That is a much clearer image. The Novell tag on the briefcase and the nature of the two circuit boards (1990-ish looking microprocessor boards with lots of IO connectors) make me think it is some Novell demo device. The wires running to the folding top (of the device in the briefcase) are connected to what look like switches and red and green LEDs. Also note that there is a AC power supply (like you would have for a laptop) on the right side. AC powering is an awkward limitation for a bomb. The circuit boards look like general purpose computers, so they certainly could be used for adding intelligence to a bomb (as Dems B. Dcvrs mentions above), but without any identifiable explosive, I could say the same about the laptop I’m typing on right now. Then again, all of that could be a dodge to make someone think it is not a bomb.

As for the kid and his clock, I think he was just being provocative with no motive other than being a dumbass teenager. I made digital clocks and lots of much more complicated electronic devices when I was his age (and took some to school at times). But to me, it looks like he used a kit or disassembled an actual clock and put it in a briefcase. Not like he was some electronics genius but maybe he does have a genuine interest in electronics. Hard to say and I really really really don’t want to rely on school administrators with all the stories of ridiculous reactions to “finger guns” and “NRA t-shirts”.

• Dems B. Dcvrs says:

I think you are on to something. Authorities who were rightfully suspicious remarked that Kid just kept saying it was a “Clock”. Wondering where that came from…

The kid could have built something similar to what he saw a family member had, and when he asked what it was, kid was told it was New Portable Suitcase Clock.

Time to talk to mommy, daddy, aunts, uncles, and acquaintances.

6. James F says:

Next he will come to school with a pressure cooker in his backpack containing the electronic guts from a remote control toy car. His newest “invention” of course.

7. Jarvis says:

Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It’s what makes America great.

— President Obama (@POTUS) September 16, 2015

Greetings, Mohammed. Nice clock. Lets see, looks like it’s attached to something… what’s C-4?

8. James F says:

He himself admits it looked suspicious during an interview.

‘I closed it with a cable so it didn’t seem like a threat. I didn’t want it to look suspicious’.

9. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Look at this picture…

No one leaves a soldering iron just dangling from a shelf…hot or cold.
    Plus, it would be unusable in that arrangement.
    This is a set-up photo with pure junk as props.

I call BS to this whole “Boy Genius” story.
    At best, it was a trap and cautious school officials sprung it.
    At worst, it was a dry run.

👿

10. Just what I always needed, a briefcase clock.

11. stormreaper says:

Yeah, it looks like a bomb. Yeah, they should have investigated it. Arresting him was absolutely ridiculous as is the suspension. Yes, even if he was “passive aggressive” or a “smart ass”. The investigation found that 1. It was not a bomb. 2. He wasn’t trying to pass it off as anything but a clock. This school and police force deserve the criticism.. regardless of whether the kid is some scientific prodigy or an angel.

12. Looking closer at the “Clock” Why is there both a cord and a 9 volt battery connection? Of course it could be a memory maintainer when to 120 volt power is out, but still. It really looks like the kid just took apart mommies bedside radio/clock and stuffed it into a suitcase. I really think it was a dry run myself.

13. Just Sayin says:

So, he’s going to go show his “clock” to President Obama in the White House, huh?

How’s he going to get it there? Is he going to check it through in his carry-on luggage?

That’d be fun to watch.

14. kinthenorthwest says:

13-year-old black conservative has BRUTAL question for Obama about Muslim clock-maker

I’d say this 13-year-old pretty much summed up what so many of us have been feeling and saying.

How’m I gonna respect you if you don’t respect the innocent people who lost their lives because of your incompetence?
    I’m sick and tired of it and I think the American people are too.
    Once again, CJ, well said!

• John Galt says:

Who is this kid and how do we replace Ben Carson with him? 13 year old conservative kid standing next to programmable digital thermostat does not seem impressed by Muslim’s suitcase clock breakthrough invention.

15. What gets me is some people are saying the school should have handled it. Just how is the school to check that this thing was not a bomb? Try to set it off themselves? They did the right thing and called the cops to handle it. You call in a bomb threat and it turns out to be false does not mean you are free to go.

16. Luke Senesca says:

I’m glad I’m not the first person to be unimpressed by a kid making a clock out of clock parts.

17. e.g.g. says:

Obama has thrown LEO under the bus, now he is finishing off the education system.
    This story smelled from the get go. Then when it was revealed it was a muslim kid that clinched it.

Interesting how Obama only says something when it involves blacks and muslims, other wise he is silent.

Unfortunately we are in for much more of this. We are getting from the blacks and now from muslims.

18. Ginny Eden says:

Bomb making 101 starts with a timer….aka…a clock!

19. e.g.g. says:

Very disappointing to read the comments of the brainwashed American citizens who buy into the “all Whites are racists” and “all Whites are Islamophobes”. The accusations are tiring. I am sick of the marxists controlling the narrative and beating down reasonable voices and truth.

The family came from Sudan. The father goes back to Sudan to run for President of Sudan. The whole family needs to be kicked out of the U.S. They want the benefits of living here, using the U.S., but want to control Sudan. shaking head

20. Bob Moon says:

The question is if you added a blasting cap to it, would it be a functioning bomb? This kid knew what he was doing when he brought it to school. He is just a MUDSLIME Terrorist in the making. Or looking to make a lot of money.

21. James Rohan says:

It looks like a bomb. I voted for Obama. But the Iranian deal and this. Obama is a Muslim and in the back pockets of SaudI Arabia. Who gets awarded to go to the White House with a bomb replica. The kids father is a Muslim zealot. His Uncle owns a company in Sudan it is called “The Twin Towers”. It is a 70s clock put in a brief case. Thats is not an invention it is fraud. Our president knows all this. The police department did an excellent job. What world do with live in. Sharia law here we come.