Watch this video interview closely.  It aired tonight on the Megyn Kelly show.  Do you spot the two “tell tale” moments.  [ Hint: how Kelly ended the interview of Senator Ted Cruz is a big one. ]

Megyn “too-cute-by-half” Kelly has been preparing for, and refining, her debate moderator approach.  This segment gives insight into what her approach will be toward Donald Trump, she can’t hide it.

As previously stated:

It would appear Kelly has an interest in spotlighting Trump around an inferred position of sexism. This is transparently not accidental.

Kelly has a history of self-promotion by making herself the story inside the story, as she did with Jeb Bush and the interview segment: “knowing what you know now, was it a mistake to go into Iraq”? etc. Megyn Kelly enjoys being the center hub amid the wheels of divisive interests.

[Prior Discussion/Research thread]

megyn kelly 2 rupert murdoch

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Election 2016, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Sexism - To Promote Hillary, Ted Cruz, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

188 Responses to Condescendingly Self-Important Megyn Kelly Interviews Ted Cruz – Can you spot the “tells”?…

1. Dixie says:

I think she fell down and bumped HER head and it turned her into a shew. That was the most combative and disrespectful interview I’ve ever seen her conduct. The worse was “if you like him so much why don’t you get out and let him run.” Before that, her question, “did you make a deal with Donald Trump”?…..and then the interruption of “you didn’t answer the question”. Of course the last bit about how she wanted to find out if he fell down and bumped his head as Elizabeth Stupid Warren suggested.

Wow. Megyn Kelly, you just completely lost any remnants of respect I had left for you. Your nose looks pinched and your attitude and conduct stinks.

I commend Ted Cruz for maintaining his cool.

• Dixie says:

Absolutely NOTHING about that interview was “fair and balanced.”

• Obomination says:

That was a blatant hatchet job. Cruz should have responded “there is room for more than one opponent of the cartel in this race.”

This is a prime example of where you have to fight back. Kelly left Cruz a huge opening and he could have done serious damage.

• sundance says:

Cruz could have said: “Sorry Megan, what’s said in Trump tower, stays in Trump tower”…

• bertdilbert says:

So if she was interviewing the Donald, would she have recommended that Trump get out of the way of Ted Cruz?

• doodahdaze says:

The so called debate is just that it seems to me. A mass interview-press conference. Not a debate. I hope they throw out issues where the candidates differ and let each make their case. Not gotcha questions for Trump.

• folma says:

Oh make no mistake the moderators have gotten their orders from Murdoch to go after Trump. Murdoch sitting next to Bush and Jarrett means they’re in this together

Kelly better watch it–the more they attack Trump the stronger we get. If RINO’s and freak leftists and the Kochs hate him he must be doing something right.

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

• the extent of cosmetic surgery is alarming here. obviously a self hating person
      deep inside. and i am a patriot female, not a lefty.

• georgiafl says:

She was once attractive. What have they done to her face…is it botox or surgery?

• Stormy says:

She has had both surgery and uses botox, and fillers regularly, but the most interesting thing I noticed was that her micro-expressions of disgust and contempt were “breaking through” her botox… which meant to me that they are very strong emotions within her, against Senator Cruz.

She’s not a conservative. She is a very attractive attorney who has a show on Fox.

• smiley says:

x a million.
      there has always been an off-putting, uncomfortable “edge” to her on-camera personality, imo.
      her reporting style is abrasive and argumentative to the point of hostility.
      she is overly-confident ,coming across as mean, vindictive and (B-word).
      she is unpleasant. fast-talking and shrill.
      she is also obviously quite impressed with herself.
      thumbs down to her.
      she’s divisive.
      she will try to dominate the debates.
      Jeb probably already has a copy of all the questions, in advance.
      jmo

• Dixie says:

Check out the link I just posted above in reply to Sundance’s comment. See the difference in her behavior towards Huckabee as opposed to Cruz. Her dislike of Cruz is so obvious. There is no doubt she will go after Trump AND Cruz like a black widow just like Rupert Murderdoch has probably instructed.

They think we are all so stupid. But thanks to Sundance, we are aware of the games powerful people play. The rest we can see for ourselves.

• I noticed her pinched nose last night, too!

• smiley says:

she’ll probably turn Trump’s mike off if he doesn’t play by HER rules.
        should be interesting to watch Bush sweat it out…he’s tanking, and it shows on him.
        he’s not cut out for any of this.
        he should just go tutor Spanish someplace or write another Memoir that nobody will ever read.

• I never had any respect for Megyn to begin with. She’s insufferable.

2. 1hear2learn says:

I thought Cruz handled that interviewvery well. I do wish someone would ask Warren about what year it is… the age of technology where we can now see what fetuses look like early on in gestation, and we have video tape of tiny little arms and legs, and various other HUMAN body parts being picked through in pie pans. There are no more excuses of “I had no idea, I thought it was a clump of cells”. It’s inhumane what these abortion doctors and clinic workers repeatedly do each and every day.

• tmerks says:

BINGO!! I couldn’t agree more.

• georgiafl says:

Republicans should have answered Warren’s facetious challenge about what year it is this way:

“Yes we do know what the heck year it is!!!
      In the year 2015:
      – We now know a 4 week old fetus is not a mass of cells, but has a heart beat and can feel pain and terror when the uterus is invaded by a scalpel, forceps, scissors, suction!
      – Now we know a fetus responds to events outside the uterus, and recognizes and responds to his or her mothers and father’s voices.
      – We know an baby in the uterus is a separate person with different DNA and blood type than the mother.
      – We know that this unborn infant is a unique human being that never has and will never grace the earth again.”

3. Lou says:

I’ve never understood how being Pro-Life or Pro-Choice has anything to do with candidacy. For me, it’s irrelevant emotional cr*p, but that’s just me. More importantly, speak on trade, immigration, jobs, or even building a highway system like Ike Eisenhower. Speak on something a candidate could actually do something about to better citizen’s lives.

• Monroe says:

The issue of choice is used strictly to split and control the female vote. It’s used as a squirrel.

If women’s health and choice were put on the table as an actual issue, then one needs to discuss how “choice” includes the decision to keep an unborn child that will have health issues. For example, Palin “chose” to keep her child that she knew would be born with Down’s Syndrome. I foresee a future where a woman will be “allowed” to keep the baby but the govt will say there is no funding for certain health issues or for educational needs. Hence, parents would struggle to afford the child and in typical democrat fashion, they have a choice but financially not really have a choice. If you want your baby, you can keep your baby.

• I’ve never understood how being Pro-Life or Pro-Choice has anything to do with candidacy. For me, it’s irrelevant emotional cr*p, but that’s just me.

Good point. People who are okay with dismembering infants couldn’t possibly have questionable judgement or be flawed in other ways. It’s probably only babies they don’t care about. They couldn’t possibly support ideas that are bad for adults as well.

I’ll never understand how someone could think a person who doesn’t care what happens to babies cares what happens to anyone or anything else either.

4. bobNoxious says:

I guess I’m completely missing it… That was a pretty basic interview that any candidate running for president should be able to handle. She even tee’d up Liz Warren for Ted Cruz to knock out of the park but he didn’t really come through. I fail to see this as representative of some issue with Megyn Kelly, but as I said at the beginning, I guess I’m completely missing something.

• Noneatall says:

I’m with you. I am missing it too.

• sundance says:

Quite a few people “can’t see it” when “it” is in front of them.

No biggie. But, that’s why we have a President Obama. Lots of people rely on other people not to be able to see it.

• Obomination says:

Indeed

• bobNoxious says:

You could just say whatever it is rather than implying (actually flat out saying) that someone who doesn’t get what you’re trying to say in this instance is why we have a president Obama… talk about condescending…

• fred says:

I saw this exactly when megyn stopped her show for breaking news about Donald trump. It was clear to anyone who can read people quickly what she was doing. Many said I was off base but it’s good to see you guys noticed it as well. She is the hit man to knock Trump out cause she’s the woman and can talk smack to you but not back to her. She’s grown way out of her britches and we are on to what she’s doing. I called her candy kelly and took a lot of criticism but really her whole attitude has changed and she’s way to obvious what her job here in the debates are. I didn’t watch her tonight cause I’m over it with FOX news and their Jeb love affair. Good luck Donald don’t let her draw you in and pretend she barely exists. She is not that smart or pretty.

• tappin52 says:

If I remember correctly, Ted Cruz was the first guest That Megan interviewed on her first show. After her first question to him, he began with a congratulations to her and she snottily cut him of and said something like, “Yeah, yeah, answer the question!” It surprised me a bit.

• ctdar says:

Besides the obvious smirks, Warren did not say “crazy people” as Megyn stated after. Also after Cruz spoke about going after planned parenthood in court she mumbled “that’s not going to happen.”

• ctdar says:

^^and her ever the professional parting shot “it’s over between us Senator.”

• ltyner says:

Don’t you find it odd how all these liberals just cut Sen. Cruz off so callously….just kidding, it’s not odd at all. They know exactly what they are doing. It’s not that they don’t want to really here what he has to say, but that they don’t want their viewers to here what he has to say. They are scared their viewers would agree with him… Just like Jake Tapper did in CNN’s debate. He wouldn’t let Cruz talk…

• TeddyOn20th says:

Megyn plays for Team Feminism more than she is a Republican, an American, or even a human being.

• mcfyre2012 says:

Some people can’t see the forest for the trees…

Others can’t see the trees for the forest.

• manickernel says:

I kinda agree with bobNoxious, all I see is Megyn trying to find out if Trump/Cruz or Cruz/Trump are in the offing for running mates down the road.

5. beaujest says:

O’Reilly with hair exstentions ! She is getting carried away with her self importance!

6. Joe says:

The clip they showed from Elizabeth Warren was completely juvenile, ad hominem attacks. A pox on Warren, Fox News and Megyn Kelly.

7. Glenn Koons says:

After 50 yrs. of unadulterated progressive liberal bias from every TV, media outlet, and Kelly gets the knife in her back? Please. For a bit, we have one outlet which at least puts conservs, Christians on the tube while for decades, citizens must have thought that liberals were all there was out there since no one ever heard a conserv, Right view except that they were …well not quite right. I remember since I am 76 yrs. old.

• taqiyyologist says:

Speaking an observation is not a “knife in the back”, Glenn.

I spoke on this in a previous thread. Speech is not violence.

Only the Fascist Left considers speech to be violence.

SD points something out using text and a video clip, and it’s a “knife in the back” to you?

Really?

(The earliest form I can recall, in my life of the “right-wing speech is violence” is when any Christian spoke, referencing his faith, in even the politest manner (“Merry Christmas!) it was called “shoving it down” someone’s “throat”. Can you think of a more violent verbal image?)

We need to get away from this “speech=violence” paradigm.

“Words can never hurt me…” You’re old enough to remember that. SD is not wielding a knife.

And still, our ideological opponents here on earth say that REAL, ACTUAL violence is merely Constitutionally Protected Free Speech.

Debate, but don’t claim injury.

• joshua says:

I am only 73 ‘so clearly you have many more years of perspective than I, but I think Kelly has become a snarky harpie and too full of herself…she is in competition with O’Reilly to be King of the Mountain….and neither of them would make it here in Texas serving coffee in the local cafe.

• Les says:

I took you for much younger. Your mind is still spry. Must be the clean living you are doing.

I hope I am the same way when I get there.

• russ burgess says:

The thing that Ive noteiced about Fox is that they are controlled opposition to the left. Controlled to the extent that they are essentially controlling conservative dissent and in many ways start out hard and end up throwing softballs. O’Reilly’s views on the Constitution are also of great concern. The appearance is there, but the substance is ultimately waterd down.

8. sundaybu says:

I didn’t really see it that way. She jokes often with that “it’s over between us” line. I think some of what she said was in jest but misinterpreted because of her delivery. I took the “you didn’t answer the question” as a reference to the upcoming debate Thursday night. The moderators and Fox have been living and breathing this debate for weeks, I think she was jabbing Cruz a bit as if to say, “on Thursday, we want questions answered”. That’s my take on it anyway, I watched live and didn’t pick up on the rudeness others did.

• barbi says:

I didn’t see it being any different from most other Kelly interviews.

She has said on Fox that they’d been working on framing questions for Trump.

• Dixie says:

She has said on Fox that they’d been working on framing questions for Trump.

Think maybe she’s practicing that sharp, clipped tone for her appearance on Thursday? Think maybe she’s planning a Candy Crowley to derail Trump for Rupert?

• barbi says:

1) Megyn, yes, is suffering from the “I am a hit” syndrome. It’s a human foible.

2.) It’s embarrassing how Fox keeps talking about this debate as if to say, “Yay, we’re in the Bigs now!”

3.) Bret Baier is a pro. Megyn Kelly is still a kid at this stuff.

4.) It’s perfectly okay in my mind for news people to ask tough questions or to press for answers that they think their viewers wish to hear.

As Donald Trump is new to politics and as he has said controversial things and as he’s leading in the polls, it’s perfectly understandable that any news outfit would see it as their responsibility to get some answers from him. Whether they get them will be up to Trump as it would be up to any candidate. I’d say they were negligent if they didn’t concentrate some hard questions at any leader of the pack and esp, one with no political record.

Let no one be heard saying Friday, “They gave him softballs.” That wouldn’t bode well for HIM.

• manickernel says:

“I would imagine cutting Donald Trump’s mic would be something like taking a banana away from a gorilla. This alone is enough to spark something entertaining. But what makes this exact situation so watchable is that there will be nine other slightly terrified politicians in the cage with the gorilla when they take away his banana. 🙂

9. disgustedwithjulison says:

Ever since she stated George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin during the trial I have not been able to believe anything out of the beautiful Megyn. She lost all credibility at that point in time and showed she had an agenda.

10. Monroe says:

I think Planned Parenthood might be in the mix. Any Repub who is not Pro-Life will lose voters. A cheap ploy to manipulate the female vote. I’m sorry but women’s issues are more than just reproductive rights. I am more than just a uterus with legs.

Plus, the candidates make back room deals on the issue like McCain and Palin who agreed not to pursue overturning Roe v Wade.

11. sundance says:

I’m surprised that no-one has ever mentioned who else is in that picture of Murdoch with Kelly. (not the Couric or Stewart)

12. sundaybu says:

Who is it in the picture?

13. franker01 says:

I think she vacillates a little between Left and Right and sometimes I am frustrated with some of the things she says because she is a Lawyer, for God’s sake, and I think she should know better.
    However, I don’t get remarks and/or headlines that disparage her because I think over all she is on “our” side – and if she isn’t at least she appears to be fair and a hell of a step up from some dung-laden toadstool like Melissa Harris-Perry.
    So let’s just count our blessings – no matter how minimal they may be in the opinion of some.
    LOL

• barbi says:

She’s made clear how disgusted she is by PP.

• janc1955 says:

Gotta agree. I’m grateful every day for Fox News.

• sundance says:

Saw this comment at FR and, IMHO regarding Murdoch’s little princess, it’s spot on:

…”Megyn is a trap in a dress, when it comes to dismantling the lions of the culture. She is very smart, knows it and the only real words that describe her are “self promoting”, and everyone knows it. Actually, I think she might like to change history, destroy a career, if it meant fame and a raise for herself”….

Highlight the “would be happy to make history by destroying a career” part.

• wanthetruth says:

Someone bringing up a defensive, untrue opposing viewpoint is on our side and unbiased? She threw Demoncrat’s reasoning out there and then shut Cruz down. Nice final thought to leave people with. Sure we’ll debate it in 48 hours, so why bring up a contrary point when she asked his opinion in the first place? Who were we supposed to be learning about – Cruz or Megyn Kelly? I didn’t hear anyone ask what the Demoncrats or Megyn thought.

14. General P. Malaise says:

she is an elitist FULL STOP.

she would be the commandant of a concentration camp without batting an eye.

and she is a socialist. (which in my book is the same as communist)

15. Obomination says:

“If you like him so much why don’t you get out and let him run.”

That was a true “drop the mask” moment.

• canadacan says:

Snotty.
      What’s on there for about two minutes since I was channel surfing.
      I changed the channel. Despise puppies who try to tear down Big Dogs

• boutis says:

It is VERY juvenile. That is “if you love fish sticks so much why don’t you marry one!” reasoning. That is what a lawyer and public person says? She knows better than that hopefully. If she wants to act the miffed hack let Cruz and The Donald gently remind her that she isn’t eight and she doesn’t have to do everything old Murdoch says.

16. jetstream says:

Would this be a breaking news moment, Megyn? :

17. sundaybu says:

Wow, I didn’t realize so many people dislike and read all this motive into Megyn Kelly. I don’t draw any conclusions from the pic where MK is standing near Dorsey at some media event, please help me understand what being in the same picture indicates.
    Kelly as “commandant at a concentration camp” seems way harsh to me too.
    I like Ted Cruz, maybe not as much as others who were enraged over the interview. I guess we all have our own limits to what makes us recoil when our favorites are perceived as attacked.

• franker01 says:

Strange bedfellows.

• realitycheck says:

yet no one comments on these “starng bedfellows” without being attacked :

• lovely says:

I have commented on them and not been attacked.

We are beyond getting a perfect candidate, it is the nature of the machine of politics.

Trump has baggage. Every candidate has baggage. Trump’s message is what is important, he is saying the government is a quid pro quo system and even admitting that he took part in that system by what amounts to paying “insurance money” to both sides in case he wanted a favor from a politician.

Trump’s point is that the will not take insurance money, he will not do favors for donations because he will be beholden to no one. Trump wants to make the country viable so that his family has a future. 10 billion dollars is just green paper if our economy totally collapses. He’ll be burning it in his gilded toilets to stay warm if our country continues on it’s unsustainable path.

The photo is very interesting. Bill Clinton is actually not undressing the beautiful young woman (Trumps wife) with his eyes but paying attention to Donald Trump. hmmm… How often do you see that? Trump and his billions with the power of the presidency may just have what it takes to restore our Republic. People respect money, power and resoluteness.

You may not like the man, I don’t like some of what he has said or some of his bedfellows. If Trump can pull a rabbit out of his hat and make America Great again by leading our country, by recognizing and defeating our enemies, by strengthening our allies and free people across the world, by taking on the border issues, by being beholden to no one, then he deserves to be taken seriously.

I cringe when I think about watching the debate and the 9 answering questions, I can always read when they begin their well rehearsed talking points, their message and it always looks bad.

And I’ll add Trumps best line from the O’Reilly interview to this post, “Why would I have pollsters? If they know so much they should run.” I laughed out loud at his answer.

18. Lars says:

A deal like Cruz as VP, oh yeah Megyn good call.

19. lovely says:

Kelly was an angry agenda driven interviewer, she is part of the establishment and cannot stand the idea of a Trump candidacy, let alone a Trump presidency. She was like a petulant child, who thinks she knows better than the adult sitting across from her.

Frankly she reminded me of Rachel Maddow with her pinched face and her lip smacking,pinched face, questioning style.

Kelly not only tipped her hand, she put her cards down face up on the table when she said
    if you like him so much why don’t you get out and let him run about Donald Trump.

What is it exactly that made Kelly so combative? What doesn’t she like about Trump? His immigration stance? His Planned Parenthood stance?

Or is it the light he is shinning on the heirs of DC and their promoters?

hmmm…. Watch for Kelly to attempt to bitch slap Trump on multiple occasions and with rising stridence on Thursday when she fails to get Trump where she wants him.

I know we all come from different vantage points but I am surprised that Kelly’s hostility wasn’t picked up by everyone, for those who didn’t see it, does this question on a stand alone basis come across as professional and unbiased to you if you like him so much why don’t you get out and let him run ?

• franker01 says:

I thought her interview was OK.
      Sorry.

• lovely says:

No need to be sorry.

I don’t watch a lot of TV news shows and I only watch it if it is election time or someone recommends that I watch something, so until probably a couple of weeks ago I would not have recognized Kelly if I bumped into her on the street. That said I don’t like her.

Look at the 2:07 (although her mouth starts to tighten as soon as Cruz says that Republicans cannot run as moderates) mark, Kelly gets angry as soon as Cruz does’t jump through her hoop about Trump. She crosses her arms and her demeanor changes. I think Kelly thought she had a “Got ya” question when she asked Cruz about a deal with Trump.

I mean come on how much more petulant can you get than “If you like him so much why don’t you get out and let him run?.”

I think Kelly is smoke and mirrors, she asks a snide rude question, loaded with a backhanded accusation, then goes on to highlight Elizabeth Warren’s extreme liberalism so that Kelly’s own liberalism seems to pale in comparison.

Nothing but a shell game IMO. The liberalism is under all the shells.

Cruz sounded too rehearsed, Trump is going to be off the cuff and all the “well rehearsed” talking points are going to look bad for the field of 9 on the stage with him Thursday. I think Friday we are going to see 8 men who want to be president and 2 who want to make America great again and the contrast is going to be striking.

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Lovely said: “I think Friday we are going to see 8 men who want to be president and 2 who want to make America great again and the contrast is going to be striking.”

Trump&Cruz? Darn good sentence!

• Obomination says:

People believe what they want to believe. Look at how many conservatives still can’t see that Obama is the enemy. The truth about him is plain as day, but they see only incompetence.

• Dixie says:

This reminded me of the way Dana Perino went off the rails on The Five when she learned Donald Trump would be running for President. I’ve never seen her act like that nor have I ever noticed Megyn looking so much like a piranha. Been watching Megyn for years so I am familiar with her usual style and what we saw tonight was definitely different.

• lovely says:

Thanks Dixie, I tend not to know any of them because (IMO) they are all pretty interchangeable aside from the extremes of “Is it really that far fetched to believe a black hole ate a plane?” Don Lemon, the petulant Mr. Tingles AKA Chris Mathews and the ever pinched Rachel Maddow.

I did see Dana Perino in the midst of her fit 🙂 Yikes! I could’t pick her out of a line up though, I just know who she is from your description of her behavior.

Other than them I would recognize O’Riely and Hannity.

• Eskyman says:

I don’t have TV, except for videos/streaming on my computer, but I have enjoyed The Five. (I watch the videos at FNC, and regret that most of the time it’s only clips, and not the whole show.)

Usually I have liked Dana Perino’s view of things, and usually she is very calm and well-collected; her points are made clearly and precisely. Usually. Since you posted “Dana Perino went off the rails” I just had to go & see that!

Wow. Just Wow. She went off the rails, all right! Total meltdown; it was riveting TV! Sadly, poor Eric isn’t the fastest gun in the West, so he was pretty much floundering (hope you like your metaphors shaken, not stirred!)

Seems to me that Dana has no use for The Donald, big time! 😀

• Eskyman says:

OK, 2nd time trying to post this, the 1st time went whoooosh! into the aether. Wish I knew why that happens!

Thanks for posting that “Dana Perino went off the rails on The Five…” as I do like that show, even though I haven’t had TV for years (just videos/streaming on the Net.) So I went looking for that clip. Wow. Just wow. “Went off the rails” is an understatement!

Usually Dana is calm, collected, makes her points clearly and without fuss; not this time! Poor Eric Bolling (not the fastest gun in the West, so to speak) was left stuttering and stammering, but got a point or two out: he liked that The Donald had brought fresh ideas to the fore, and he finally managed to relate one way that Trump could get Mexico to pay for the wall. Dana was having none of it!

Looks to me like the Fox Babes- or at least two of them, Dana & Megyn- have got their marching orders, and they’re taking them seriously. (:

• Dixie says:

That happens to me a lot, but if you wait an hour or so, sometimes maybe more, it will show up. I’m not a moderator and don’t really know, but those occasions are probably driven by the number of people posting at the same time.

• barbi says:

The “if you like him….” question bordered on unprofessional.

I guess I didn’t think she treated Cruz badly. I’ve seen her interviews since she began at Fox. This one was very similar to all others, believe it or not.

• lovely says:

Thanks. I think it was Kelly’s demeanor and attitude about Trump that was a tell for me. It is obvious that Kelly does not like candidate Trump and she does’t like that Cruz likes him.

I think bringing on the Warren clip was a manipulation, first an accusation about a Trump/Cruz “deal” and the snide question, then a quick switch to a clip of someone who fights for baby butchers.

Being horrified by by people chuckling over disembodied babies doesn’t make one a conservative it simply makes one human.

Always a rhyme and reason to this stuff which is why I generally don’t watch it.

• fred says:

I thought it was blatantly clear days ago. I have not watched her with the constant promotion of HER debates. She’s bad news I’m sure and wrote about it for a few days now. She is the attack dog now you can see her attitude. Snarky little blonde who thinks she’s a lot smarter than she really is. that’s what I see.

• Judgy says:

Those are great, smart, valid questions, Lovely! Very nice!

I still find it hard to dislike Kelly though–I find her to be quick, smart, and fairly witty. She can be REALLY snide, but I like that she uses really weird & strangely funny voices at times, can be refreshingly un-PC (she took SO much heat for her misinterpreted “Santa Claus is White” remark), and is prone to quoting great old movies like Caddyshack, or The Jerk. To me, that’s all kinda un-anchorwomanly, and more like a “broad” than a “lady” (I’m pretty unladylike myself, so it’s probably projection!). She could have been really stuck-up, or feminazzi “serious” but she actually seemed to be fun–at least ON CAMERA. Hillary certainly can’t pull that off! Not even for two minutes, & Kelly does an HOUR five days a week!

What bothers me more than individuals seeming to “turn”, is just what the HELL is going on in the head honcho offices at FOX?? (Rhetorical). Actual “Orders From Headquarters”?? I can’t truly know these people I’m now seeing as likely turncoats, nor can I know how far I would compromise my own beliefs to keep a terrific job–I can like to THINK I wouldn’t be inauthentic, or “help the Enemy”, but to be completely honest, sometimes I even hold my tongue HERE rather than get into a unpleasant argument. So even though I enjoy doing it, deep down I don’t know if I should be judging harshly, or making ultimate pronouncements, when I can’t say I might be cowed by intimidating, agenda-driven bosses too. If the hosts at FOX take constant ribbing in the press ALREADY, I can only imagine how hellish getting fired by them, then having to take guff from “both” sides might be. I think Megyn may have some bones buried in her backyard that cause her to adhere to the Company Memo. She has seemed odd when talking about having to end her previous marriage, and actually STUCK UP for Trump about the “r-a-p-i-n-g Ivana” thing, mentioning over & over & over that “people say nasty things during a divorce”. However, I can also definitely see how she can be a coldly ambitous & grasping career-driven “ice queen”.

Your questions above are PERFECT–insightful, and cutting right to the chase. Like, really–WHAT is going on?? (Again, kinda rhetorical). To me, the problem lies less with Kelly & the other individuals who have disappointed me/ us lately–I DEFINITELY don’t like what they’re doing, & am losing some respect for them, but cannot say I BLAME them. They suck, but probably risk having ANY platform if they don’t toe the line. And I’m not sure if THEY see themselves as Actual Journalists–perhaps they are content with being “talking heads”? They are a symptom that is helping, not fighting, the bigger problem of the scary, shadowy people we DON’T get to see, who are wrecking this country. Just WHO is giving out the orders for the FOX hosts to act like this, and who told THEM that their supposed “media conglomerate” is to be used as a weapon against liberty; as Social Engineering, rather than actually REPORTING THE NEWS?? I imagine they must be pretty frightening to defy.

Then again, perhaps Kelly has ALWAYS been nothing more than an agenda-driven media mirage, and when THEIR agenda, threatens her own, she complies. I can’t know. (“But she/ he seemed so NICE!”. Said everybody fooled by anyone else, ever). Blatant dishonesty is now shrugged at, and obviously unintentional, supposed “racism” is castigated. That’s where we are now!

I’ll also admit that while I don’t “idolize” people, I do find it exceptionally difficult to accept that they are not who I/ we thought they were–especially NOW when we are besieged with idiot Lefties like Oprah, Rachel Maddow, Harris-Perry, the insufferable Gloria Allred and her equally insufferable daughter, Jane Fonda, Susan Sarandon, and of course the QUEEN of Lies and Unworkable Ideas, Hillary. Against all that, a smart, witty, supposedly conservative ex-lawyer like Megyn has looked pretty darn good! And THAT is just ANOTHER problem.

Perhaps it is true that “Everyone has a price”….? At least, everyone drawn to Media or Politics. It’s sad to admit that we want our leaders to be telegenic, and good with sound-bites more than we want their integrity. And we’ve gotten so used to corrupt politicians, and lying media hosts that the FAINTEST whiff of AUTHENTICITY now causes us to readily dismiss or forget prior bad behavior. Even the Donald is an example of this, but maybe he can dismantle some of the dishonesty anyway. I hope so! Maybe this constant scrutiny and endless videotaping has made it impossible for ANY “heroes” or “crusaders” to exist in an only-admirable light. And since it is truth-driven (sort-of), maybe that’s ultimately a GOOD thing?? It sure is depressing though!

• lovely says:

Thanks Judgy for your involved articulate reply.

I am at one disadvantage in that I did not have a television for ten years and now that I do I rarely watch “News Shows” simply because they are not news shows but propaganda programs. Fox IMO intermingles some conservative views with “throw them a bone liberalism”. It seems it is a rare person who really does’t give a hoot about what people think about them and the folks at Fox were as breathless as the folks at MSNBC when Dylan Roof a “White Supremacist” murdered black people in cold blood just because they were black.

I think the Fox talking heads have given in to the Left by jumping at any chance to “prove” that they are not racists and that the whole conglomerate is just another propaganda machine at this point.

Kelly’s dislike of Trump seems to be personal, she didn’t seem uncomfortable or embarrassed to ask Cruz why he doesn’t simply get out of the race and let Trump run if he likes Trump so much, she seemed angry, it seemed like an off the cuff question, I would not have been surprised if spittle flew from her mouth.

Folks who espouse conservative talking points but worry about being perceived as bad mean people are in danger of letting their true values seep away as they try to show their critics that they really do love blacks, homosexuals, puppy dogs, Cecil the lion, poor people, hungry children, dung beetles, and so on.

One can love, one can be a good person and be an unapologetic conservative, but one has to not care about the misperceptions and accusations that both ill intended people and genuinely confused people will hold against them.

The talking heads at Fox want to be loved by everyone. That is their downfall.

• Obomination says:

She seemed angry because she was angry.

• Judgy says:

You’re still batting 1000, Lovely! Yup, people DO tend to get mealy-mouthed, and conceal their true beliefs b/c they want to be loved. Exactly why I can empathize w/ the FOX hosts, especially when I think their being T.V. hosts is probably more what they signed up for, as opposed to being “true” conservatives. I can’t really judge them for that, unless they’re being deliberately deceptive, claiming to be something they are not (I might’ve tried to break down who has actually claimed to be conservative, but clearly ISN’T, except you said you don’t watch much T.V., and probably “wouldn’t be able to pick ’em out of a lineup”. Thanks–it was fun to momentarily imagine the RINO’s among them in a lineup!).

Personally, I don’t care so much about being “loved”, but I definitely am a coward if I think I’m going to get screamed at–I’m trying to work on that! I always say I hate hypocrisy, so how can I expect the leaders I admire to take on tough fights, when I’m not willing to take on even tiny little fights in my tiny little life? This is why I admire Ted Cruz so much! (Still, being the hypocrite that I still unfortunately am, there are times when I half-wished that he would’ve “gone along to get along”. I’m sort of torn on the PP issue right now, cuz I think illegal immigration is THE be-all and end-all of EVERYTHING right now, and I desperately don’t want us to lose votes on THAT b/c the Dems scare women into thinking the GOP wants to “take away their healthcare”. The thing is that people who don’t believe abortion is murder still don’t think it’s murder, PP videos or not–with the exception of maybe this new one that seems to be talking about the possible killing of fully intact BABIES that could otherwise have survived on their own. That seems to be different. What no one is talking about is what might then HAPPEN to those babies whose mothers may have WANTED to abort them, but possibly would not be able to do so should PP get shut down. It’s so weird, but many women who initially wanted to kill their babies, end up keeping them rather than adopting out, even when they STILL don’t want the kid! It’s like “a matter of pride” that I cannot quite wrap my head around, and it seems pretty damn selfish. I WISH we could convince them to think of the many childless couples YEARNING to adopt, but that rarely enters into the argument. Apart from the religious beliefs that not EVERYONE holds, the unavoidable fact is that babies turn into PEOPLE, and unreliable “parents” tend to raise more unreliable people–the kind that actually tend to drive conservatives crazy! I wish SO MUCH we could get the conversation switched to the beauty and joy of adoption, as I think that might be a MUCH more winnable “fight” than whether or not life begins at conception.

I don’t see that last above notion to be about “switching the subject” as much as trying to find some aspect that EVERYONE is more likely to agree on. And I think there is a way to reach out to Dems without completely FLIPPING our Conservative beliefs! On immigration, I think the argument should just be does everyone have to follow the law or not? It could be as simple as that. (The same angle should be brought up as an answer to the #BLM “movement”). The RINO’s have done an ABYSMAL job of hemming and hawing, and making dumb excuses in their desperation not to appear “racist”. It’s “an act of love”, my foot! I would LOVE having a decent car–so may I steal one?? Or if I DID steal a car, but it was a looooonng time ago, and I’ve taken REALLY good care of it ever since, so can’t we just agree that it’s MINE now?? It’s the same principles! What is racist about having the same laws for everyone? That’s what I’m hoping the Donald points out when they corner him.

However, I’m certainly no professional politician NOR a pro TV host, and it’s not up to me to pick which battles are worth addressing. I’m grateful that we at least HAVE FOX News, as I don’t believe EVERYONE there is a RINO! And also because the entire CONCEPT of FOX came about because every single other network was blatantly, some might say wickedly, LEFT!!

(Sorry for rambling! I figure not many are still reading this thread anyway!). 🙂

20. I thought Megan did a good job. Cruz was excellent as always. Not sure why she is disliked so.

• jetstream says:

Her breathless (and slanderous) “Breaking News” of unsubstantiated Donald Trump rape propaganda about did it for me, although there have been other moments as well.

• realitycheck says:

It may have been dated, it may have been old news, it may have been immaterial at this point in time BUT it was not unsubstantiated since it was in her deposition. The attorney’s comments and threats were also totally off base. donald did a good job of distancing himslef from his employee though and the made up “controversy” died

21. Desert Transplant says:

I feel that Ms. Kelly has let her ratings go to her head. She was rude and talked over Senator Cruz at the end of the interview as he tried to make his point. That, along with her treatment of Trump, has made her a major disappointment lately.

22. doodahdaze says:

She has a PP problem.

• georgiafl says:

That’s what I felt. She said ‘yeah, yeah’ or something derisive and belittling when Cruz talked about the videos, the felonies and defunding PP.

• georgiafl says:

The snide remark about asking the question ‘for a colleague who wanted to know if Cruz fell down and hit his head’ was nasty if Cruz didn’t actually fall. She was insinuating that Cruz is out of his mind and his views are disordered and unreasonable. The interview was designed to be a defense of Planned Parenthood.

• georgiafl says:

Now I realize she was referring to E Warren’s facetious challenge to Republicans for trying to defund her precious PP abortuaries.

• joanfoster says:

Kelly was dismissive about the defunding/felony comments. I personally believe that even among so called conservatives there is a belief that abortion is culling the population of the poor and of certain demographic groups so it’s no biggie to them. I believe PP would not be so large and financially successful if powerful Republicans were not looking the other way.

23. waltherppk says:

Why would a washed up old middle aged barbie risk the lip paralysis from a bad botox treatment so near to the time of a public showcase of her mug moderating a prime time debate, guess she must have wanted to look her very best huh? Maybe with hours of work by physical therapists or sauna baths or maybe accupuncture and talented makeup artists and careful camera angles, the visual impact of the damage can be minimized. Probably be best if they just try to keep Megyn’s face time on any camera closeups to a bare minimum and maybe then nobody will notice.

24. kinthenorthwest says:

Just had this weird feeling for a week or so on Kelly — Just something in her reporting seems to not be quite unbiased as I used to think she was. Maybe she wasn’t before who knows.

• judyw says:

Her current bias is self promotion as she’s stepping onto a larger stage. Her “eye contact flirting moves” show the true level of where she is comfortable though. She could take a lesson from Brian Williams who we thought was a news anchor and he saw himself as a “rock star”.

25. Millwright says:

Methinks Ms. Kelly, (whom I used to follow a lot and thought well of ), has morphed into a snotty b**ch ! Seems the prospect of donning (however temporarily ) the robes of power has brought some very unsavory aspects of her psyche.

26. whippet1 says:

Ever since Trump came on the scene I come here and feel like I’m in the twilight zone. And it has nothing to do with my personal feelings about any candidates. We have some potentially great ones and some bad ones to choose from. Do I love Trump giving it to the establishment and the media right between the eyes? You bet! Do I have other issues with him? Yes. Am I counting him out? Nope, but I’m not counting some others out yet either. And Cruz is one of them and I see this interview no different than most of Kelly’s interviews. Just because some of us are keeping our eyes and ears open to several possibilities does not mean we are like the stupid voters that couldn’t see Obama for what he is or that we don’t see the Republican establishment for what they have become.

27. Joe says:

She made Cruz look good and she won’t make a dent in Trump.

28. keebler AC says:

Megan Kelley, Albany Law School (Honor), 1995, Syracuse U, Poli-Sci, B.A.

Ted Cruz, Harvard Law (Cum Laude – Outstanding Honors), 1995, Princeton, Public Policy, .B.A. (High Honors)

Ouch!

29. Ed Bettendorf says:

Yes her snide inflection and head nod when she referred to Cruz’s graduating Princeton showed an unbecoming envy and disdain for a highly accomplished former Supreme Court law clerk cum Senator who has a far better legal mind than hers. This was another big tell. She is one of the decepticon’s more dedicated lieutenants/minions. Very dangerous for the true conservatives on stage. Notwithstanding she’ll only be moderating the 5:00 o’clock debate. Watch for her to promote Cristy and Jindal to advance Bush.

30. TEAFORALL says:

She has become a EGO MANIC. I am very disappointed. Megan no longer hides her inner ego. ME ME ME. The debate could be her KATIE CURIC moment Bret Chris and Megan are out to get Trump I have no doubt..

31. mnmike says:

How did a story ostensibly about Kelly’s treatment of Ted Cruz end up being Trumped? Good grief.

• lovely says:

Because Kelly treated Cruz the way she did because of Cruz’s refusal to attack Trump.

• wanthetruth says:

Because it’s not about Cruz. You got that impression from the headline, but the “tells” referenced are regarding Trump. Sundance explains that in the body of the piece. Maybe you just watched the video?

32. Ursula says:

Megyn Kelly has no class.

33. yankeeintx says:

I think Cruz understands the media. He knows whether they are left or right leaning, they need to be treated with caution. It is easier because he speaks the truth, and hasn’t changed his message.

34. joshua says:

WELL FINE, TED. Enough about YOU, what about what I SAID?

35. crossrib says:

“It’s over between us, Senator.”

36. Sophie Maele says:

got a feeling that Trump will have no problem with Megan. She will try some snarky question and Trump will slap her down hard. She’ll be very circumspect from that point.

37. wanthetruth says:

Obviously she had two things on her agenda. One was her quest for info re Trump/Cruz meeting, the other was to put PP issue out there. She had that uninformative clip ready to go. What was the point of that particular clip? It wasn’t something to be argued for or against. What response would anyone make to that? Although Cruz did give a good one. Megyn’s response sounded like her own opinion coming out (re PP being about women’s healthcare) which she quickly corrected to be the Demoncratic position. True colors coming through IMO.

• QuadGMoto says:

That’s the kind of clip I would love to take on if giving an interview. It’s the Dems at their most stupid. To me that would be a softball to knock into next week. I don’t see anything negative about asking Ted about it, except that I thought his answer was far too soft.

38. QuadGMoto says:

I’m not going to comment on Megyn’s attitude because I find that it’s always dangerous territory to try to judge what’s going on in the person’s heart.

What I did notice about that interview that the Ted Cruz was tending to ramble on. That must be a common failing of politicians. I wish he would find ways to be more direct and succinct. It seems that people generally prefer people who don’t perambulate about the shrubbery.

39. doodahdaze says:

Simple question for the candidates.
    1. We have to borrow 50% of the money you spend each month. 2 trillion a year. How long can you keep the scam going?

40. Here’s the thing about Megyn Kelly (and other “talking heads” who employ her delivery style) that I see as a 2 edged sword:

We LOVE it when she’s busy eviscerating some liberal, but (somehow) don’t expect that she will give the very same treatment to a Conservative, if it suits her “plot needs”. SHE WILL… if that is what it takes to keep up the ratings, and advance her own career. Just like nearly every other one of the video version of “Shock Jocks”. The problem for many seems to be that, because she appears on the FOX News Channel, they assume she is either a Republican, or a Conservative. But you know what they say about the word, “ASSUME”, right?

I really have no idea of what her personal politics are, and (from what I can discern) she does not want anyone to know, either. These quotes seem to say it best:

“I’m an independent,” Kelly said, adding that she’s voted for both Democrats and Republicans.

-and-

“I’m not rooting for anybody,” she says. “I’m a Fox News anchor, and I have no horse in the race. I can give anyone a hard time.”

In the end, these words come to mind:

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

41. SallyMJ says:

“It’s over between us, Senator?!” Yikes.

42. Crystal says:

A little OT, but does anyone else think the Dems are using PP as a laundromat for a portion of that $500 Million per year in taxpayer dollars given to what is supposed to be a non-profit, but which contributed $600,000 to HillBilly’s family foundation? Was any contributed to Obozo’s tax exempt family foundation in the home country? How about to Dem campaigns? Shouldn’t PP be stripped of its non-profit status?

Call me cynical, but the Dems’ outrage smells to me. I think it’s got to do with a lot more than just securing votes.

43. Andy Howe says:

Have you ever noticed on The Kelly File how often when Megyn is doing an interview they do it as a split screen just so they can continually show her? Clearly it is about her and not the topic.

44. Patrick Williams says:

Megyn Kelly is the new Candy Crowley….

45. J says:

I stopped watching Kelly years ago, long before Trump announced. I don’t like her accusing attitude, her condescending, as it’s been called, “the big me little you attitude”.

To me, it’s the accusing tone, as if SHE gets to make the rules as to how people think, and use speech, someone needs to remind her we are Americans, we don’t live in North Korea where a central authority controls thought and speech.

Who anointed her with MOV status ? (Monopoly On Virtue) ? ? ?

She appears not to like anyone she can’t control. I truly believe if it were General Patton, Harry Truman or Ayn Rand, they would have suffered attacks equally as vicious.

Her job was to moderate a debate, not to go after individuals she doesn’t like personally. We would have done much better with a, student of political science of any college in the US.